Reviews of Sans Boutique Hotel & Suites 3 stars

480 Al Henderson Boulevard, Savannah, GA 31419, USA

#112 of 135 hotels in Savannah

5.9

Rooms were dirty, bathroom was filthy. Outlets in bathroom did not work. Mold in the shower. Bed was not clean and sheets were stained. Very outdated and don't get me started on the AC, it sounded like a jet landing all night. The TV was very old and the remote didn't work. Battery was held in with tape. Half the light bulbs didn't work very dark. Shower doors falling off, do yourself a favor spend a little more and get a clean room elsewhere.One night was enough for me.

Inexpensive that's all I can say

Things were broken in the room, from no toilet paper holder, ripped up cabinets, blown outlets, and only two pillows on the king bed with nothing extra. And this was their “suite” they upgraded us to.

Run down-floors, walls, bathrooms, non smoking room smelled terribly of cigarette, breakfast was absolute bare minimum toaster pastries, some fruit

Close to restaurants, flea market, stores

I was there for a running event and we had to leave early in the morning before breakfast had officially started. If possible, it might be nice to have something (fruit, snack bars, etc.) that can be grabbed on the go for big event weekends when your guests may have an early leave time.

The wall paper in the bathroom was completely coming off, we couldn’t even watch tv when we were in the room it would let us watch for a few minutes then a message would pop up channel blocked did not matter what channel we went too! No happy at all... this was our honeymoon trip

The shower and the headboard

The hotel needs improvements. It is very old and dingy. Mold in the bathroom showers, carpets dirty and wallpaper is water damaged and old. The lobby looks decent but the rooms need major cleaning.

Location was off of the interstate 95 exit

The pictures on Booking.com did not accurately reflect the condition of the room. The floor was not fit to walk on without shoes. The chair was dirty and looked as though it had never been cleaned. There was hair in the sink when we arrived. The tissue box was completely empty and had not been replaced. Two of the three lightbulbs in the bathroom were not working. I called to ask for them to be replaced but they never were. The shower and room smelled musty. The furniture looked as though they had purchased it from random old hotels and threw it together in their hotel. The wallpaper was peeling off in the bathroom.

The towels were surprisingly soft.

The bathroom was uncomfortably planned. No counter space to put things, or hooks to hang things. The shower was nice though.

The linens smells clean and fresh. The bed was very comfy. Location was perfect.

Many maintenance issues in the hotel were left unattended ... Signs not on walls, broken things in the room. I reported what I saw, and no effort was made to repair while I was there, though I did communicate that I was informing them more as an FYI than because it was an issue to me.

VERY clean. VERY comfortable bed.

Ceiling was peeling off, mold was in shower, scuff marks all over walls, no coffee in room, lamps not working because of missing bulbs, limited light switches, toaster handle broken at breakfast, and no juices (only kool-aid) for breakfast.

Check-in was quick and easy.

The lobby was very artistically done; however lack of visible staff and the rooms were very inundated; the sheets did not fit the bed, having to lay on bare mattress!!

The staff was never around. It seemed like they were never around. They were always in their own room and never put in the lobby. It seemed like they didn’t want to talk to customers or be bothered.

The bed was comfortable just needs better pillows. The pillows were flat and sheets seemed like they didn’t fit the bed. The cleaning man was very nice.

The entire place is in need of repairs. The place was dirty and when we went down for breakfast at 9 am half of it was already put up even though the breakfast is advertised until 9:30. This place needs new management or something.

The room we stayed was run down, bathroom sink was broken, drawer handles were missing, one towel and one hand towel for two guests and when I called the front desk for towels I was asked why I needed them??. Curtains were out of place.

Location was good easy access to I 95

The people was rude, we were not welcome to the facility. The comforter was dirty, seems to have blood or makeup on it. The iron was missing from the room. In the bathroom only one bulb was working out of three bulbs. The television had a yellow stripe running the entire face of the TV. The breakfast experience was not great, we were told around 8:45 AM that if we wanted to eat we needed to hurry, we did not eat breakfast. What a horror show.

The location was right off I95.

• Queen Suite

There was no breakfast or if there was it ended at 9 according to staff. Also, after reading some reviews, I did not feel at ease staying there.

Shower pressure and location

There were plenty of broken items in the room to include the toilet paper holder. Also my fiance had a lot of complaints about the staff not being very attentive.

Clean bed as well as a nice shower. Also while the location wasn't great there was a ihop and a few gas stations and a ruby Tuesday's within walking distance.

The room smelled and there was kids running and screaming playing in the stair well. There was 3 super small flat pillows the bathroom was discussing did not want to sit on the toilet did not want to stand in the shower bare foot it was like a cheap motel with a expensive hotel price

There was nothing I liked about it

This is my 100% honest review. You can believe it not, but I feel it is my duty to warn others!! I was planning a weekend trip to Savannah. I looked online and seen some okay reviews for this place. I didn’t want to spend a fortune because we would hardly be in the room during our stay. The pics look good from what I have, seen so we choose this place. When we arrived, we were told that breakfast would be at 6:30 am in the morning which was great because we were leaving for a fishing trip the next day and wouldn’t have much time to get breakfast. We went to the room, and the décor was okay. The bathroom had a broken toilet paper holder, but I thought no big deal. The TV was small, but again we were not staying long in the room. We could not find the do not disturb sign anywhere, so we had to go downstairs to try and get one. We always use the DND sign because we prefer people to don’t be in the room when we are away. We got up the next morning. Placed the DND sign on the door and went downstairs at 7:15 am to eat breakfast. NO BREAKFAST! No one was downstairs or anywhere to be found. We rang the bell at the front desk several times to try and find out what was going on and no one came out. We just left and had to miss breakfast due to time restraints. We were gone for most of the day and returned around 4 pm to the room. Both of our keys cards would not work! They both would flash red. So we had to go back downstairs. The lady at the front desk asked how long are you staying? Thinking we couldn’t use the cards because we were not supposed to stay the second night. We looked puzzled and said cant you see that in the system? I paid to stay until Sunday!?! She said oh and gave us new key cards. We were exhausted from the fishing trip and wanted to just go to the room and take a shower. Once we get to the room and open the door, I noticed that something was not right. I stopped to take an inventory of the room. The bed was not as we left it.

Okay Decor

• Queen Suite

The room was not clean when we returned. The dirty sheet that was thrown on the floor for the housekeeper to change was replaced on the bed with the other sheets. The bathroom was not cleaned. The used towel left on the shower floor was not removed. We complained to the nighttime clerk who switched us to another room. There was no knob on the air conditioner to adjust the temperature. We slept in a cold room. The next morning we found a bed bug on the bathroom floor.

The nighttime clerk was very nice and accommodating

Restroom in hotel wasn’t clean enough or the first room me and my fiancé were placed in wasn’t clean as far as the bed sheets had makeup spots on the bed cover when we turned the covers back so we switched to a little better room but for the most part not to shabby.

The front desk staff acted like they really didn't know what they were doing. The lobby is beautiful,but it ends there. The room my husband and I stayed in was awful!! They really need to do better.

The lobby is beautiful.But that's it.

Bathroom tile in shower dirty, broken toilet paper holder, blood on side of mattress, breakfast offerings were stale pastries, cereal bins down to bottom, coffee weak and terrible

Comfortable bed

• Queen Suite

I didn't like the small tv in the room I didn't like that I had to wait and ring the service bell at front desk twice before the lady came and she did not greet me with a smile or made me feel welcoming.

I liked the scenery it was very welcoming.

The older lady at the front was very rude and just stared at us. The housekeeper told us her husband that works there had just blacked her eye and couldn't call the cops bc she has a warrant for probation. Just too much going on. Did not feel safe. I will be reaching out for a refund.

The price was what we needed for an impromptu stay.

• Queen Suite

While staying there every morning house keeping would use their key to enter the room with out knocking first. There were no do not disturb signs to hang on door. After I checked out on 11/5, I then noticed on the 8th that they charged my hold credit card $50.00 above the charge of the room which I used my other credit card to pay. When I called them about this charge I was told that my room smelled like smoke (I do not smoke) they never tried to contact me about this at all...And I don't understand why are they holding on to my credit card #'s. I disputed this with my credit card company. I have stayed here several times in the past and never experienced this but I will not ever stay here again.

There was no breakfast. The ceiling in the room was falling down.

Everything! The bathroom had three blown bulbs, the housekeeping staff didn't replace our towels (which is lovely when you've already started to shower and realize that you have no way to dry off). The staff was less than professional or friendly. I wouldn't recommend this place at all!

It was a roof over my head for the night....that's about it.

The hotel had an odor in the Lobby. They only had ice on the first floor. The mini fridges in the room were not well kept.

The bed was exceptionally soft and the housekeeper was so nice we never used the same towel twice and they made the bed everyday on our 4 night stay.

The pictures look very different to the reality!! It is called Boutique and has nothing of a Boutique hotel!!! The bathrooms are extremely old!!! Breakfast was only cereal!!!

Major updates needed. Wallpaper was peeling off the bathroom wall. The shower was old and scary to use. Overall the bathroom was horrible but the room was decent.

The bed was comfortable

• Queen Suite

The cleanliness of the room and the decor was outdated. The hotel staff looked like they were from the street. Carpet in the hallways was dirty and disgusting.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

The room could have been colder. The a/c unit didn't have many options to choose from as far a temperature wise.

The walk in shower was amazing. And the bed was big and soft. The microwave heated food fast. Everything about the hotel was amazing.

Vomit on the bed sheets. Stains on the walls. Rude staff. Old furniture. Terrible design and bed making. My brother liked the breakfast...but that isn't enough to explain away everything else.

Breakfast was terrible. End up going to Perkins across the street. If you enjoy a store bought Eggo or store bought pecan roll then it was ok. 90 % of soda machines were empty.

They were friendly when coming in to the hotel. Beds were comfortable.

The bathroom was disgusting. The towels are brown stains, tile floor falling apart, all but one light bulb burned out. The hotel room was overall nasty. Also, the staff ran my credit card AND wanted me to pay cash; double pay for that nasty room!? No!

The water pressure and refrigerator where nice

• Queen Suite

The fact that it was 8:45 and they refused to put more muffins out for my son. The breakfast was awful. Muffins, apples. Did not like the breakfast at all.

Looked like a frat party happened and the damage had not been completely repaired. Soda in the vending machine had passed its expiration date. Light in bathroom burnt out. Toilet paper roll holder broken. Shower door moldy. Damage to the wall next to the bathroom sink. Expect a lot better for the price I paid

• Queen Suite

This was the grosses place ever I had an extension cord for the mini fridge and microwave the room smelled the sink in the bathroom was held up with a tide up plastic bag. The towels were not changed out couldn't find anyone to get new ones. I want my money back.

• Queen Suite

Staff was terrible, breakfast was not served properly,toilet seats were horribly nasty, ceiling falling due to water damage.

The breakfast was not fully prepared, the toilet seat were horribly nasty, ceiling was about to fall down due to water damage, staff had terrible attitudes.

• Queen Suite

The property should offer some toiletries like toothbrushes and stuff just in case guests forgot there's.

The staff was friendly and the check in was easy. The housekeeping staff was excellent when it came to things that I needed in my room .

• Queen Suite

Dirty curtain hanging ripped from the curtain rod, ripped wallpaper in bathroom rusty filthy drain cover in the shower only one functional light in the bathroom. Booking.com should review premises before publicizing...

Lobby

The room was in extremely poor condition As were the halls and floors. The hotel beyond the lobby was dated and in poor shape.

It's conviently located off of 95! It is very quiet.

Door was very difficult to open, there was a dirty garment in the bathroom floor, you will have to place your stuff on the bathroom floor as you will only get a sink, air conditioning was too noisy, there was, there was leftover food in fridge, I had to go to the front front desk twice to get my key reactivated - not going back.

Decor,friendly staff

The mirror in the room fell on me The furniture was outdated. Front desk person was rude and lack customer service skills. Afraid to sleep under the covers due to cleaning staffordable still being in the room cleaning when we were trying to check in.

The bed was comfortable

the staff they were very rude and nasty to me and my family especially at check in and check out time i will never vsit this place again and definitely not any one i know because will tell them of the very bad experience i had i

quietness

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

There were stains on the walls and the wallpaper was peeling. On check in we found a pair of dirty, smelly socks in the room. The room itself was pretty outdated.

The only positive thing I could say is the bed was soft, but the pillows were really flat and hard.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

the mattress needed to be updated immediately. I was bitten while I slept. the elevator was in dire need of a cleaning. the room furniture was worn and torn and need to be replaced. overall, the hotel has great potential but needs to be cleaned and updated. I would not recommend it until it is updated. sleep at our own risk.

The location was right off interstate 95.

condition of room dirty bathroom DIRTY DIRTY, DIRTY toilet seat chipped and unscrubbed will not be returning or recommending.

Close to I95 lobby appearance good morning desk staff pleasant.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

• Queen Suite

run down. soiled carpeting makes you wonder what else is dirty. not the best housekeeping. microwave was broken. refrigerator was not plugged in when we entered the room

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Queen Suite

The temperature in the room was difficult to adjust and more pillows would have been nice.

The style and decor from the lobby to the rooms was beautiful and modern.

The bed sheets (top sheet) could have been so much better. I called the front desk and was told I could get another one. I didn't explain at the time why I needed a replacement sheet because I was thinking once I got another sheet every thing would be okay. Also, the sheet had to be picked up from the front desk. At all other hotels I have resided at, someone always, always brought whatever I needed to the room. The person staying with me in the room went downstairs and picked up the sheet. Once she got back I took a look at the sheet and it was the same as the one on the bed. It was dingy! At which point I called the front desk again and I informed the person at the front desk that the sheet(s) were dingy. The front desk receptionist informed me that the sheets were yellow. I felt that my intelligence was insulted because I am a grown woman that has been washing clothes for a very long time and I do know the difference between yellow and dingy. Besides, why would anyone put white sheets on the bottom and yellow sheets on top? It makes no sense. Therefore, I was forced to sleep on top of the covers because I didn't want a dingy sheet on top of me....At checkout time I went to the front desk and was asked where was the key. I had two keys, in which one was mine and the other was for the person that stayed in the room with me. I informed the front desk receptionist that I didn't know. ..maybe in my purse and I began to look in my purse and she said are they in the room. I stated I don't know exactly, but I will go back to the room and get them if I can't find them in my purse...she then states it's okay. I asked, " are you sure" and she informed me at this point that it's okay. Why harass me when everyone knows that keys are no longer turned in at any hotel. Everyone knows that they can not be used again so why bother with harassing me about a key that is no longer any good.

The cleanliness of the room was okay. Overall, the room and bathroom was clean as far as the floors, sinks, shower, toilet.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

The bed should be made better pillows sitting up look like someone just threw it together. The bathroom inside mirror shelf wasn't clean. Please get new toilet seats. Breakfast cereal were almost empty. Add more juices to choice.

The location of hotel close to highway restaurants and stores. Check in was fast. Check out the same.

• Queen Suite

Paper thin walls Cracked toilet seat, no coffeemaker in the room. No security on site to keep screaming children and loud adults out of the hallways. Breakfast was a joke. Way over priced for the quality. Very disappointed

Not much we can think of.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Queen Suite

They don't vacuum there was colored pop corn beside bed that my daughter could of put in her mouth there was a half used roll of toilet paper in bathroom no soap sheets didn't fit the king bed there was no extra sheets for the sofa I just didn't like how nasty it was and there was blood on the comforters

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Queen Suite

The breakfast was minimal to say the least- breads, pastries, cereal, bagels, coffee and tea. They served Tang as their juice, I found that pretty hilarious. There was an ihop in walking distance, if you want a full breakfast i'd go there instead. This hotel was a little bit of a drive to Downtown Savannah/ Historic district. About 15-20 min drive but rental cars in Savannah were so affordable we ended up saving so much money by staying at this hotel instead of staying Downtown. We would park in the visitor center in downtown then walk around all day and come back that evening and drive back to the hotel. The city of Savannah was super pedestrian friendly, also uber's were cheap for those nights you don't feel like driving.

The rooms were spacious, we stood in a double queen room because the King rooms were all booked. My boyfriend and i liked the queen beds- they were nice soft feather top mattresses. The showers were large but there weren't bathtubs, not a big deal to us but may be an issue to people traveling with small children. The staff was friendly, cleaning staff came and did our beds everyday, overall our experience was pleasant.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

When we arrived the lobby was nice. When we checked into our room there was hair on the bed. Yellow stains on the wall went down stairs asked for another room. Second room was nicer but not by much. Shower had brown/ black stains we had to wear shower shoes. Furniture had white stains on it.

Resturants close by walking distance. Right off highway.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Queen Suite

The room was filthy,the staff was unhelpful in resolving the situation. Unmade beds, smell of dampness, hair in the tub, mildew in the bathroom. A total health hazard

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

The only good thing about the stay here was the bed, it was very comfortable except the sheets were for the sofa bed and not a king size bed so they wouldn't stay on the bed. The management was not very friendly. I was booked to pay when I arrived I was notified on my trip down my reservation was cancelled because they tried to run my card and due to me having the funds with me, I had to find an alternate way of paying so my room would be there when I arrived at the price I reserved it for or I would have had to pay double! Even tho I explained the situation to the manager he was a little on the rude side and said I would lose my room. The room above mine was very noisy the whole time. The pictures on the website definitely need to be updated. The room was not nearly as nice as the pics depict. The breakfast has a lot to be desired, it was only donuts and small items.

The bed other than the sheets were to small.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

The room I had was not clean and despite the price cleanliness is just a basic requirement. It was stuffy in the room the bed covers had not been maintained they were lumpy. You could see dirt along the baseboards. There were bulbs out in the bathroom making it rather dark in there.

I liked the price because I just had few funds and really needed to get to Savannah. To have booked last minute travel it came in handy. Nice large showers with a seat that was nice.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Didn't like anything. Was absolutely horrible. Charged us twice. When I called about it, they said they had no record of our stay!! Wish I could forget it....

Boogers all over the wall, no smoke detector and signs of fire at outlet just outside of our room! Advertised free breakfast but not only was there no breakfast, there wasn't even any coffee!!! There was however, black mold all throughout the shower as well as a mountain of dust between the vanity and wall about 6 inches high!! We were also told by staff that we were 10 minutes from the Historic District and Tybee when in reality it was well over a 40 minute drive to each!!! The best part was when we were charged twice for the stay in this hell hole!! I could go on in detail of the disgusting nature of this establishment but won't waste your time...STAY Away!!! Fyi, I chose the lowest option when rating and they still got a score of 2.5...seriously?!?!?!?

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

the bathrooms were below my standards, toilet paper holder broken, wallpaper pilling off the wall, grout in showers looked nasty, so I wore shoes in the shower.

the beds were ok, and the room cooled off good!

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

• Queen Suite

The housekeeping was almost non existant. The bathroom was so dirty, we had to go to the store and get cleaning supplies and scrub down the whole bathroom. The sheets were not changed in the four days we were there.

The lobby was very clean and had a beautiful chandelier in it.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Everything was great

My husband and I just wanted to get away and stayed in your hotel. The rooms were beautifully decorated and welcoming. We will return again.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Room had bed bugs, soiled funiture,and marks on the walls. The bathroom was not clean and burn spots on bed sheets. Made management aware, switched rooms and the same problems

The lobby looked nice

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

For the money we spent, we could have had a better room. They gave us a handicap room and the shower floor had a big crack in it and the handicap seat was gross. The floors were very dirty and I requested a non smoking room and it was obvious that it had been smoked in...burn stains on all the furniture and it smelled. Also, the water smelled like chlorine and the shampoo and conditioner were mostly water. We rode the motorcycle from FL for the night and had to pack light so I figured for one night we could use the hotel stuff. big mistake.

The bed was soft and the people were nice.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

It was a great place to stay esp for the price the rooms were big and clean other a lamp shade needs to be replaced and the vending machines empty but no bearing on the stay we will be staying there again

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Queen Suite

Customer service agent acknowledgement and greeting could have been more engaging and enthusiastic. I could tell that house keeping did surface cleaning only; do to the trash left on the window sill by past guest, but other than that, the room was very nice.

Location of Sans Boutique was perfect. Right off the highway and near several restaurants. The price was reasonable as well.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Bed was harder than I prefer (not necessarily a flaw). Hotel in general was a little dated, but not much so.

Priced Well. Large hotel room. Quiet atmosphere. Interesting decor. Walk in shower was nice.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Needs a little more variety for breakfast, ceiling in room looks like it had been repaired but not completed, owner talked to staff rudely in front of guest

Price was good

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

There was no breakfast as advertised, there was a sweaty hand print on the felt headboard when we got there, the staff was rude, the bathrooms were dirty and outdated (shampoo was splattered on the wall paper), there was a 2 inch gap under the room door leading to the hallway, the hotel phone didn't work, and the staff/owner was slighlty rude.

I liked nothing

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

The bathrooms needed updated and the only protein on the breakfast was peanut butter and the eggs in the French toast

The price compared to in Savannah was excellent

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

The clerk at the front desk was very nasty. She was rude and had a bad attitude. I will never spend a dime there again. She was also snappy and short with my Granddaughter who was doing just what I had asked her to do. The so called breakfast ran out at 0815 and the lady was told and all she did was take up the containers and disappeared. There was no pool at the hotel either. I started several times to check out early but I had traveled so far to enjoy with my family. I should have asked for a refund.

I liked the decor in the waiting area.

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

We were made to wait 30 minutes to get the room ready before checking in, then they gave us the wrong room (we paid for King and got two double beds). They fixed the situation later. The place has no pool, parking is tiny, there is only one elevator, the bed did not have enough pillows, and various items in the room needed repair. Breakfast was stingy.

We liked leaving.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

The shower floor was old make sure you bring shower shoes. Staff not to friendly..

Decorated nice and breakfast came in handy for the kids. Price and location was ok..

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

The lights in the bathroom didnt work the man came fixed them and one went back out.There was only one plug that worked the TV was hooked up to extension cord but other than that our stay was good

The place was very clean and the bed was comfortable