Reviews of Best Western University Inn Santa Clara 2 stars

1655 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA 95050, USA

#10 of 32 hotels in Santa Clara

• King Room - Non Smoking

My first room wasn't as clean the tub had hair in it around it and the remote control didn't work, tub drainer was very slow. But I requested to have another room and the lady who came in after hour granted to me. Thank you.

Property was very nice and clean. Easy to find.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The room was a little tight for four people.

The complimentary breakfast had more variety than we expected and we loved that there was even almond milk!

• King Room - Non Smoking

Nothing was bad except quality of cooked food was just ok

Clean spacious rooms with microwave and fridge, coffee maker not good didn’t use but have coffee at breakfast. Great fitness room.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

All of the employees were extremely helpful and accommodating. The breakfast was excellent, lots of choices. I have absolutely no complaints about my entire stay.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Didn't like all the storage containers on the property. The rooms felt dark. The breakfast was just meh.

Proximity to Santa Clara University and restaurants. The facilities were clean and fulfilled our basic needs. The microwave and fridge were very helpful for our trip. Parking was very close to our rooms so we didn't have to move our luggage very far.

Breakfast was great. It included eggs, sausages, potatoes, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, fruit....The rooms looked as if they had been recently remodeled. They were beautiful and spotless. Way better than what I expected from a Best Western. The staff was friendly and helpful

• King Room - Non Smoking

The location of the hotel is not good for those who need to have lunch or dinner outside (the hotel has no restaurant or room service). The nearest restaurants and malls are 3, 4 miles away.

Very good hotel for those going to Santa Clara to work. The rooms are very comfortable, the breakfast is great, as is the staff and the cleanliness. The hotel is one mile from the University, walking distance and has easy access to other cities around.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll-in Shower - Non smoking

Best (complimentary) breakfast I have ever had in the US. Very friendly staff. Isolation of rooms (sound) is not optimal, but price quality still very attractive.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Lady at check in could have smiled and been a little friendlier. We checked in late after driving all day. It would have been nice to be greeted kindly. Just seemed like we were more of a bother to her.

Best breakfast offered! Coffee and beverage choices were good too! Beds were very cozy especially after a long drive! Room was very clean and tidy.

• King Room - Non Smoking

Very friendly hotel in Santa Clara. My room was spacious and clean, the bed was comfortable. Staff was very helpful in answering my questions and giving me directions about the surroundings. I had a very pleasant staying.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll-in Shower - Non smoking

The beds were too hard (for us), the refrigerator rattled when we put stuff in it (we had to put a clothes hanger under it to make it stop) and the large room could use a comfortable sofa chair.

The staff was friendly and helpful & the workout room was great!

• King Room - Non Smoking

there is a problem with the cleanness of the rooms. overall it is a fair stay but the value for money is very bad. you can find way better hotels with this room price.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The breakfast was average. The front office staff was suppossed to contact me when a room became available, and they did not do that.

comfortable bed, reasonably quiet area, limited surrounding room noise. Good location for my needs and easily available/free outside parking.

• Queen Room - Disability Access - Non Smoking

Breakfast exceeded expectations. I mixed up my room preference and staff was very helpful in getting us in a proper room. Property is updated and well managed.

• King Room - Non Smoking

Usual American inn with rooms at ground level being noisy due to car parking, maids/guests pushing (during the day) their carts/luggage around to rattling noise. Cannot open the curtains due to lack of privacy, so mostly had to use lighting, even during the day. Cold lights mixed with warm lights in the room created an odd atmosphere. Odd smell in the wardrobe. Small bathroom, cheap amenities, after first day got only shampoo instead of shower gel. Typical boring, cheap American breakfast, not changed in 8 days.

Close to office areas, easy to reach, enough parking.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The front clerk was not friendly. I noticed that if you were Asian, she was not friendly. However, when Whites talked to her, she was very friendly. I asked the front lady if she was giving military discount. I retired from the military and my son was with me who is currently serving the US Navy. She laughed at me and said "NO!" in a high tone of voice.

the breakfast"

• Queen Room - Disability Access - Non Smoking

THE PILLOWS WHERE TO LARGE FOR MY HEAD, AND GAVE ME A PAIN IN MY NECK. I ASKED FOR A SMALLER ONE AND THAT PILLOW WAS WAY TO HARD. I COULDN'T USE IT EITHER.

I LOVED THE CLEAN ROOM. AND THE FOOD WAS THE BEST I'V HAD AND THE BED ALSO WAS SO GOOD, IT FIT MY BODY PERFECT. THE HOT DRINKS IN THE ROOM WERE THE BEST.

• King Room - Non Smoking

The breakfast room was crowded and not enough tables. The woman who checked me out stopped to answer the phone and then again to talk with housekeeping.

The room was clean and spacious, renovated and comfortable. The location was good for us and we found a large map nearby with good shopping & food. The man who checked us in was very nice. The breakfast selection was very good.

• King Room - Non Smoking

Some kind of park across street summer free music concerts plan on hearing loud music Saturday nights

Staff was awesome. Lots of places to eat very near by. Room was comfortable.

• Queen Room - Disability Access - Non Smoking

Bed was too hard for my liking. Also there was no hair conditioner, only "conditioning shampoo" which is NOT the same, and the soap was a bit to drying.

Breakfast was good, loved the little cheese omelets, plenty of ripe fruit, good coffee. Room was modern and well appointed, staff was very friendly.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Price is too expensive for a 2-star Inn (of course it the valley...) The neighborhood is not one of the best - ok during the day, but wouldn't suggest walking too much at night. The sink is in the room itself! (instead of being in the bathroom) This means one person can't really sleep, when the other is shaving, for example. Pool didn't suit a small kid (3 yrs. old). Beds were too high (even for a tall person). Not much privacy when opening the door (typical of Inns) No safe in the room!

Nice and comfortable room, with a desk and microwave. Cleaning service was good, and front desk person was very helpful. The breakfast didn't have too many ingredients, but was quite tasty. Self-service laundry. Many shops and restaurants nearby.

• King Room - Non Smoking

The only downfall, I don't have a traditional bank account & was given a hard time that I was using a Netspend Visa card, saying it was prepaid card. Felt like I was being judged on who I bank with. Not everyone can have a traditional bank account due to their past & never had any issue on the 5 other properties we stayed at.

I love the property & location. Staff was awesome. Great price & comfy room for our mini vaca to Great America

The extra $20 charge..we booked our room at $131 and it charged my card $151

From checking in to checking out, everything was FANTASTIC! The gentlemen who checked my husband and I in(tall/bald/very funny) was amazing..FABULOUS CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Our room was very clean! Lots of towels and toiletries and a BLOW DRYER!! We will be back!!

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Great location in terms of access to Santa Clara University. Just down the street. Also near a good plaza that has a Peets Coffee, Target and a few places to grab lunch.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• King Room - Non Smoking

Booking was done wrong. Only one room was booked instead of two. It took an extra 30 minutes to check in due to an error in booking. We were fortunate they still had another room

Good and varied choices

• King Room - Non Smoking

The water cooler in the gym was empty the first two days out of my five day stay

Good selection of healthy and not-so-healthy foods. Nice to have fancy tea

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

When we first arrived there was a smell in our bathroom that smelled like sewer. After a while it finally went away.

Breakfast was great. I really like the location, I felt safe there.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• King Room - Non Smoking

When people drag their rolling bags down the path outside of the hotel rooms, it's loud! Luckily, that didn't happen too early during my stay.

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, and my room was very clean and fairly quiet. The fitness center was also well maintained. The free breakfast buffet offered quite a few options. This location suited me well because I could walk to a number of restaurants in a large shopping center nearby. It wasn't too far from the office where I work two days a week.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• King Room - Non Smoking

All three rooms my husband and I stayed in were unsatisfactory.

My husband and I had a mouse in our room on the 2nd night.The nxt room had a clogged shower that wouldnt drain. The third room was ok, but noisy.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• King Room with Roll-in Shower - Disability Access - Non smoking

The soda machine wasn't accepting dollar bills. No worries though as the front desk had plenty of quarters to exchange.

I've paid far more for far less. Clean room, friendly staff. I didn't get a chance to try the complementary breakfast but it smelled great.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• King Room - Non Smoking

Access to each room is directly from the outdoor parking area. There is no mat or area to wipe dirt off bottom of shoes so anything under your shoes comes right into your room. The carpets are very dark brown and don't appear to be clean. Walking with wet bare feet from the carpet back onto the bathroom floor leaves black footprints, presumably dirt picked up from the rug...

The staff are great. Super sweet and helpful. And the pool is a nice feature.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The access to the rooms felt like a motel, anyone could drive up to the hotel and walk up to the rooms right up to the doorstep. Breakfast spread was limited Wash basin was not located separately in the bathroom but located near the door.

Friendly staff, allowed early check in. 10mind drive from San Jose airport.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Sink by the entry door kinda odd and the door seal was worn could see daylight.

Great value for area and very clean beds was very comfortable ,easy access

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Kind of in the middle of nowhere. Was going to concert at Levi's and was more out of the way than I had anticipated. Still appreciated how serene and pretty property is.

People, decor, cleanliness Quietness

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• King Room - Non Smoking

Fridge was unplugged and took quite awhile to get items cold. Mattress did not fit properly on box spring, shower curtain was installed too low into tub and toilet didnt flush correctly also room was smaller than expected. Large Window was hard to open and room had a slight unknown smell. No stores nearby to shop for food. Checked out after the first night.

The Breakfast

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• King Room - Non Smoking

Air conditioning difficult to set

Good complimentary breakfast List of nearby restaurants available at the front desk Easy to reach from the highway

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

• Queen Room - Disability Access - Non Smoking

Please replace the shower curtains if torn and check for clogged drains.... Also replace pendant light bulbs on beds...

Staff was AMAZING!!!! Marisol is a true gem... THE BEST! The most welcoming, friendly, happy, professional person! She's phenomenal at her job! The rest of the Staff was superb as well! The gentleman at the night shift, the young lady at Breakfast... Everyone made this visit so enjoyable!

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• King Room - Non Smoking

I loved our entire stay and experience.

I don't believe there would be enough space for all that i have to say. From arrival to departure our experience was amazing! I have nothing to complain about. Being in customer service myself i feel i critique very harshly or have high expectations. Also, every where we went was close by.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

I woul have liked to be closer to the elevator. I don't like carrying the luggage up stairs It might be time to replace the waffle maker

The room was clean and up to date breakfast had good variety. Location is nice and convenient

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Some guests were clearly done eating and they just sat there as some of us were trying to find a place to sit and eat. Thas rude, if they're done eating they need to give the next set of people the seats so they can eat. If it wasn't crowded it wouldn't be a problem if they hang out at the table but clearly many of us needed a seat to eat.

Everything was great especially the staff. The women staff was very polite and always had a lovely smile. I lived my stay there.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• King Room - Non Smoking

People checking in blocked the entire entry and had to wait in the street. There was a car parked too close to the outside of the portico so I could not enter to the right side.

Location was great. Modern looking facility. Breakfast was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• King Room - Non Smoking

The one thing we did not like were the pillows- need to get softer/flatter pillows.

The staff was amazing! We traveled with a large group for the Junior Olympics and everyone was incredibly helpful and went out of their way to help us with every detail- they even served breakfast earlier than normal so that our group could eat prior to leaving for a scheduled tournament. The location was great, right in between San Jose and San Francisco with easy access to Stanford/Palo Alto as well as Silicon Valley. Walking distance to shopping center with fast food as well as nicer restaurants and a Target. Also nice that check out was at noon rather than at 11 am as in many other hotels.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• King Room - Non Smoking

Only thing I wasn't unhappy with was the toilet. Had to flush a few times, not sure what the trick was to flush.

The bed and pillows were nice and soft. Good breakfast. Overall was great stay , would return if in area.

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Excellent service, breakfast was awesome, children loved the pool. Excellent volume of outlets for devices in the rooms. Staff was awesome, helpful. Location was very convenient.

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

• King Room - Non Smoking

Eggs were not consistent from one day to the next and had too many onions in them. Room was very hot and stale when we first went in, but that was quickly remedied.

Breakfast had a good variety of items. Good tea selection, too. Room was nicely appointed and bathroom clean with no mildew on the caulking - always a plus!

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• King Room - Non Smoking

I didn't like the lighting over the sink. Inadequate for putting on make up, etc. I'd also like the curtains to be closer to the wall to block the light. They were black out type but there was still a large gap. The shower head was also hard for washing out shampoo. Made my shower twice as long.

Nice fresh fruit. Rooms were quiet when windows were closed.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll-in Shower - Non smoking

The room was large and offered all the amenities we needed for our 1 night stay.

• King Room - Non Smoking

The staff is quite helpful to the guests and they try their best to provide you necessary help

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Roll-in Shower - Non smoking

very nice staff, very large room, walking distance to resturants

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

We have stayed there before. We like it and it is very close to Santa Clara where our daughter goes. We will stay there again

• King Room - Non Smoking

ice machine closest to my room wasn't working. Everything else was great.

• King Room - Non Smoking

The breakfast was very nice.

• Queen Room - Disability Access - Non Smoking

Cleanliness and 24 hours front desk and facilities in room were great along with good breakfast options.

Value for money

• King Room - Non Smoking

They charged us an extra $200 on top of the rate when we checked in. We hadn’t planned for that charge.

Room was well appointed.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Better pillows! They are big and bulky and extremely uncomfortable where we woke with neck aches every day!

Location and price

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Cozy and comfort. Nice breakfast and friendly staffs.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

Perfect condition clean modern breakfast included

Construction going on.

Room was excellent.

• King Room - Non Smoking

very thin walls and things that needed fixing (like the toilet paper holder), very plain breakfast

• King Room - Non Smoking

It was noisy. You can hear the street and workers outside.

Nice and clean

No in door pool

Vg

• King Room - Non Smoking

Upper mid class motel style hotel, everything you need for a comfortable stay. Staff is always friendly. Like to com here.

Price was high

Everything was very clean and comfortable. Nice amenities. Excellent breakfast.

lack of safe.

room was clean stuff were helpful location was good

The great staff. Everyone was so helpful and pleasant.

• King Room - Non Smoking

Perfect location for Santa Clara area, clean and very friendly staff there.

noise proof

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non Smoking

The maintenance manager harassed because I complained of their broken fridge and then got me and my daughter removed

Beds

NA

Very friendly and helpful staff. Pool and exercise as well as a good breakfast. Close to SCU with car.

The front desk staff

• King Room - Non Smoking

No shower curtain and musty smell in the room.

Had No Issues