Reviews of Santa Clarita Motel 2 stars

24971 RailRoad Avenue, Santa Clarita, CA 91321, USA

#4 of 7 hotels in Santa Clarita

Good value for money, friendly staff, great facilities.

The only negative would be that it is next to the free way which is noisy but besides that it was great.

The man at reception was very friendly and recommended a great breakfast. Despite being a motel, the rooms were lovely, shower facilities were good and people were friendly. Excellent for the value of money.

IT WAS CLEAN AND COMFORTABLE
    • Queen Room

OUR ROOM OVERLOOKED THE DUMPSTER AND THE SMELL AT TIMES WAS NOT VERY PLEASANT AT TIMES,NO TABLE TO EAT ON.

trey .the night front desk clerk was very friendly and informative. GREAT WITH MY SON WHO IS AUTISTIC.

Michael living up the Magic Mountain Season Pass Holder while staying at Santa Clarita Motel

Everything's was great close to Magic Mountain

Location location close to Magic Mountain check in was nice room was clean bed was comfy Santa Clarita motels perfect for me close to Magic Mountain convenient I'd recommend in Santa Clarita Motel anyone

As expected, cheap & cheerful!
    • Two Queen Deluxe Room

Couldn't get onto the wifi, we had a late arrival & had a bit of an attitude from the staff over the phone when telling them that.

It was clean & had obviously been updated recently

Execellent, clean and great location. Would stay here agian!!

Train passing by, no pool

Last minute booking, due to coming in early. Fast and friendly staff.. only set back is the train, other than that. two thumbs up!!!

No further comments.
    • One King Deluxe Room

There’s no coffee and coffee maker in the room. There’s no rubber mat in the shower or tub that makes the floor slippery. There’s no grab bar also. Had a hard time using wifi service because it’s not automatic. You have to connect first to internet with username and password.

Nothing impressive. Just a normal comfortable stay.

Tatsful, clean with a bit of fun thrown in. Really good value would stay again.
    • One King Deluxe Room

Staff were a little distant

Simple and stylish. Sort of retro influence. Very clean. Close to Santa Monica, Veniece Beach and LAX. Pool area is good. Great value.

Would recommend!
    • Queen Room

No coffee in room but it was available at the front office in the morning.

Clean throughout and very comfortable beds. Updated decor in rooms. Had a good sleep and ordered some great thai food from the menu in the room. Rooms are much nicer than you'd expect from a motel and it had a fridge and microwave.

Cl
    • Queen Room

Old skool check in takes long, n9thin5in walking distance but it meet our needs.

The decor and style of the room. The room had a list of channles, dinning menus a microwave and fridge

Negative

Overrated & very disappointing very over priced. They charge 100$ deposit on top of the room charge - this is not clear on booking.com I was told I would get it back depending on my banks timeline - then was charged 75$ for a stain on a mattress cover (picture included) - this stain is so old and faded it looks to be from months ago!! I guess if they charge 75$ for this mattress cover, it should be mine! They have a list of prices for towels, pillowcases etc. - for if anything is missing. When the maid came to clean so late we just wanted 2 clean bath towels - she asked for 3 dirty towels to replace them???? The TV didn’t work for 2 days. The internet didn’t work for our entire visit. If I could give a negative rating I would!!

It was my family trip that i alwayd do every yr for the pass 6 yrs.
    • Two Queen Deluxe Room

That the doors did not had the extra lock felt unsave compare to other reservations i had visit. Also some employees not waiting when knocking on the door they assume there's no one & just open the door, what if i was still sleeping, smh. I don't think this is property for employees or the pet inspector to try to spray when the rooms are occupied, it showed be done when check out is done. Sorry, but i would not come back.

That the place was clean, quiet, easy to find, and not far from my events...

GLAD IT WAS ONLY 2 DAYS
    • One King Deluxe Room

THE ROOM WAS DIRTY, HAIR & DORITOS UNDER THE AC UNIT ON THE WALL. THE SHEETS WERE STAINED. THE FLOOR LOOKED LIKE PULLED UP WOOD WITH NO REPLACEMENT. WHEN ASKED ABOUT FLOORS THE MANAGER SAID THIS IS THE NEW STYLE. YET, 2 DOORS NICE FLOORS IN THAT ROOM. THE ROOM WAS BAD, BAD WI-FI, DIRTY ROOM, STAINED SHEETS, FLOORS. NEIGHBORHOOD

NOT MUCH!

The room was very nice looking and clean.

The parking lot very small.

The room was very nice looking and clean. It was better than I expected considering it was a Motel. The guy that checked me in wasn’t very friendly.

Cheaper than most, clean, but be sure to request a room away from the railroad tracks when reserving

Roadside travel motel, very run-of-the-mill and dated. Could stand some updates. Railroad tracks are just across the street, so try to get a room as far back from the front entrance as possible when booking.

The gentleman at the front desk was very amiable. Standard coffee and packaged Danish are available in the mornings. Beds were very comfortable. We wanted cheap, clean, and close to our event venue. This hotel met those needs.

Location location season pass holder to Magic Mountain Santa...

No everything was great

Location location season pass holder to Magic Mountain Santa Clarita motels perfect for me so close to Magic Mountain check in with nice room was clean the bed was comfy I'd recommend Santa Clarita Motel to anyone

I had to weigh coffee against a few more moments of comfort,...
    • Two Queen Deluxe Room

Under my circumstances nothing could have been better! Our stay was very comfortable. We're temporarily displaced due to a fire @ home.

I had to weigh coffee against a few more moments of comfort, so I missed out on coffee.

Worst hotel I’ve ever experienced.
    • One King Deluxe Room

Broken light fixures, extremely slow internet, floors will make you slip and fall if they are wet at all from your shower. I requested a non- smoking room and upon arrival am told it is not available. $92 to cancel (even if you make the reservation 20 minutes prior, as I found out the hard way when I called 3 hours before check in and was told I could not cancel). I was told after checking in that there would be “a little noise due to construction” they were literally cutting marble right outside of our window and door until 5pm and then started again at 7:30am —did not offer us earplugs, partial price deduction, nothing.

Close to six flags.
    • One King Deluxe Room

Bed was terribly uncomfortable...pillows flat... reception experience was unwelcoming. Door doesn’t seal shut completely so traffic noises were LOUD.

Close to six flags. Nice floors & bathroom. Pretty landscaping. Good sized tv for evening entertainment. Handly little fridge & freezer.

Clean, comfortable, easy, convenient, good value. Will be back.
    • One King Deluxe Room

Wi-fi worked (free), but restrictions kept us from logging into ANY secure site —even email. Puzzling. Also, the first morning construction sounds woke us up briefly. A sign at the office mentioned the ongoing work, but we didn’t know that when we booked. Overall, noise wasn’t a problem at all.

Good value, large well-equipped room and updated bath, bold/funky redecoration. Free parking, too.

This property is a great value, beds are very comfortable.
    • Queen Room

This property is a great value, beds are very comfortable. I would recommend bringing ear plugs to get a good night's sleep since it's next to a very busy street and there are train tracks nearby.

Wonderful experience. Nothing to complaint about.
    • Queen Room

The parking area is very limited hence ensure you go early to have a lot. The wifi will drop in the middle to the night, hence be prepared for weak wifi signal at night. There is no kettle in the room, hence do note on that.

The bed was super comfortable. Thank you for the room upgrade upon arrival when you have better rooms. Great location which was near to my Client's office. Friendly staff.

I specifically reserved this room for my 2nd week & will do same for remaining weeks here.

a coffee pot in the room.

the room was clean, the bed was very comfortable for not being a sleep number like what I have at home, and the shower was hot and has a wonderful shower head. I do not use wi-fi so I cannot answer the question

Very nice room, clean, nicely decorated, laminate flooring.
    • Queen Room

Unfortunately, the street outside the motel was very noisy with large trucks and trains going by.

Very nice room, clean, nicely decorated, laminate flooring. Very nice staff also.

This was the perfect place for us to stay for a visit to Six...

Our toilet had such terrific water pressure, that when flushed, it actually shot water out of the toilet and all over myself, the floor, walls, tub, and counter. Might want to get that looked at. Not very sanitary. In the meantime, put the lid down before you flush, haha!

This was the perfect place for us to stay for a visit to Six Flags Magic Mountain. It is apparent to me that the owners are gradually improving the looks of the rooms and they are doing a great job. Nicer than a super cheap hotel, but not as nice a super expensive one. I will stay there again in the near future.

Great value for the money.
    • Queen Room

Parking spaces are limited and you will hear the train a couple of times.

The staff was very accomodating, the room was large and the beds are quite comfortable. Close to train station.

Absolutely great!

The blow dryer didn't work in one room, but out of everything? No Big Deal

The staff were professional and courteous. The rooms smelled so good when we walked in them! The motel is a little older sure, but well kept and so clean and priced right. We loved the microwave and small fridge in each of our rooms. The beds were actually comfortable! The parking lot is small so they only allowed one vehicle per room but not a problem. There is some traffic noise and some of us thought it might be a problem but we didn't notice with the air on at night. We would go back for sure and we DO recommend the Santa Clarita Motel.

Living up as a Magic Mountain Season Pass Holder while staying at the Santa Clarita Motel
    • Queen Room

No everything was great location value awesome place

Location location location season pass holder to Six Flags Magic Mountain perfect for me Santa Clarita motel room with that was bed I'd recommend Santa Clarita Motel on the valley and location was Great Value awesome location right down the way from Magic Mountain I'd recommend Santa carita Motel to anyone

The convenience of parking near the room.
    • One King Deluxe Room

The blanket and bedspread were old constant needs to be upgraded and the carpet could be replaced. The worst part was every time someone got up to use the restroom the lights clicked on and would so bright it woke up anyone else in the room.

The convenience of parking near the room.

For the price, would definitely stay again.
    • Queen Room

The water for the shower didn't get too hot and the bed and pillows were a little uncomfortable.

The room was very beautiful and nicely decorated. Felt like you were at home.

Great for a cheap place near Six Flags!
    • One King Deluxe Room

The bed was not very comfortable.

The manager was very accommodating and helpful. The hotel was quiet; we couldn’t hear our neighbors at all. The room was older, but clean and in good condition. There was a full size fridge in our room too. Great location if you’re headed to Magic Mountain!

Spend the extra money and get a different motel.
    • Two Queen Deluxe Room

Our refrigerater was broken and leaking water all over the floor, we never were able to get the WiFi to work. This is a seemingly bad neighborhood, something was going on and their were cops outside our room the entire night. This was not a comfortable stay.

The room looks nice, it’s decorated nice and they provide comfortable pillows and blankets.

Room was decent and comfortable.
    • Queen Room

Owner was rude and inattentive to my request for wi-fi password and eating table availability. Call regarding upstairs child noise was ignored.

Room was decent and comfortable.

Keep in mind that this is a motel, not a hotel. Bit overpriced for their INN quality rooms though.
    • Two Queen Deluxe Room

If you plan to check in late, parking lot is very limited and there is no sign as to where you can park. Also the staff gave away our room to meet other party's needs. He explained that the other party "made a mistake" so he had to give our room away. His comment was "I thought you'd understand." I booked that room for a reason. It was late night so just took what we had but I didn't appreciate the fact that we involuntarily was put in to sacrifice for someone else's mistake. Look and feel of the room was decent however the outer layers of bedding was dirty. Good thing is that the sheets were clean at least (as it is supposed to). One of the light was broken.

Six Flags adjacent motel
    • Queen Room

Property is very close to busy main road and train line, which may disturb lighter sleepers.

Stayed here as we were visiting 6 Flags MM the next day. Really close to the park (about 10-15 min drive), and close to shopping complex for restaurants, groceries etc. Clean and comfortable room.

Just OK.
    • One King Deluxe Room

The man at the front desk, was on the phone we when walked in. I understand that he was in the middle of a conversation, but a "I'll be right with you." would have been nice. The parking is first come, first served. So if you get there a little later in the day, especially at night, be prepared to have to park offsite.

The location was nice. Just a few miles from Magic Mountain. The room was clean. The bed was actually very comfortable. Our room was still being cleaned, when we arrived, so we had to wait a few minutes.

Michael Leonard up as a season pass holder Six Flags Magic Mountain while staying at the Santa Clarita Motel
    • Queen Room

No everything was great location location go big go Six Flags

Location location location Six Flags season pass holder Santa Clarita motels perfect right down the street from Magic Mountain don't let the deal with the freeway the five that is the check-in was nice the rooms clean great value for location I'd recommend Santa Clarita Motel anyone that's in to Magic Mountain Six Flags that is

Meh
    • One King Deluxe Room

Trains traveling at 2 am shaking the whole place. Toilets where anchient and the angle stops on the supply lines where extreamly corroded. Whole place will flood within the year unless they get a plumber out to fix it. Staff gave us a huge runaround and there where a few "fun" surprises hidden in the fine print. Find another hotel.

The room was under-promised and over-delivered, which is a pleasant surprise.
    • One King Deluxe Room

We had a bit of trouble logging onto the internet but I suspect it was more secure than other internet services we have been using.

The room we had was very well appointed with nice appliances. A very clean room.

okay place to start
    • One King Deluxe Room

didn't look like the under side of the bed had been cleaned in a while, lots of dust bunnies and empty condom wrappers. Walls kind of thin.

The price was okay, staff was friendly.

Michael living it up at Six Flags Magic Mountain while staying at the Santa Clarita Motel
    • Queen Room

No everything was fine and everything was excellent location location location right price friendly staff clean room comfy bed perfect not to mention it's only a hop skip and jump from Magic Mountain I'd recommend Santa Clarita Motel to anyone

Everything was really nice check in the room was clean the bed was comfy location location location season ticket holder to Six Flags Magic Mountain Santa Clarita motels perfect for me right price right location excellent I've stayed at the Santa Clarita Motel quite a few times already in the last year or so I'd recommend the Santa Clarita Motel to anyone perfect excellent I have an awesome time every time I go

Go somewhere else
    • One King Deluxe Room

Keys didn't work, had to go back 3 times to get it fixed. Lights were broken, only bathroom light and 'closet' light worked. Definitely not worth it. No warm water either. Not worth the money if staying more than 1 night

The bed was kind of comfy. I mean, you get what you pay for

It was alright.
    • Queen Room

The second night we stayed the next day the house cleaning was great but the last night we were here we came back to pretty much nothing done. You can tell there was someone who came because the trash was taken and the blinds were open. But the bed was still messy how we made it and the bathroom was still messy. It kind of made me alittle irritated how we paid all this money for a room and you can tell someone came in and didn’t do their job.

I liked how everything was around the hotel so it wasn’t too bad to get around

The room was clean and updated.
    • Two Queen Deluxe Room

The man who worked the front desk was difficult to understand and he seemed to get upset due to the misunderstandings. However, when I went back to talk to him a few more times, he was friendly and helpful. The women cleaning the rooms were pleasant and helpful!

The room was clean and updated. The shower was fantastic! Lots of water and the tub drained well. The tile was new and clean. We were visiting a place just a mile away so it was very convenient. It was easy to get all over town from Railroad Avenue.

The cons were bad enough we probably will not visit again. Very bad nights trying to sleep.
    • Queen Room

The loud traffic, trains and poor parking of other tenants. They should have got towed. The a/c unit in our room made weird noises at night waking us up. The heater didn't work at all. No breakfast.

The location to six flags was nice. Price was good

Michael living it up at Magic Mountain while staying at the Santa Clarita Motel
    • Queen Room

No every was awesome great excellent just down the way from Magic Mountain perfect it works perfect for me especially now that Magic Mountain open 365 days a year go Six Flags go big

Location location location not too far from Magic Mountain I have a Magic Mountain season pass this place is perfect for me I've already stayed there a bunch of times last year and this year the checking was nice room was clean the bed was comfy everything every time I've stayed there everything's been awesome I'd recommend Santa Clarita Motel to anyone

Comfortable, cozy stay close to Magic Mountain, shopping, & restaurants.
    • One King Deluxe Room

The inside of the room was very clean and looked upgraded/remodeled. The bed was especially comfortable and very nice to sleep in. The bathroom was large and very roomy. All furniture was in great shape.

Decent room for the price.
    • Queen Room

The shower water pressure was poor and the staff (check in) wasn’t very friendly. He seemed more interested in getting paid then anything else.

The room and bathroom were very clean, the bed was comfortable, and it was pretty decent for the price.

Living up at Magic Mountain while staying at the Santa Clarita Motel see you
    • Queen Room

Everything was awesome great wonderful I'd recommend the Santa Clarita Motel anyone seriously.

Location location location close to Magic Mountain season passholder Magic Mountain open 365 days this year awesome awesome awesome I've already made tons of reservations at this motel for the rest of this year check it was really nice the room was clean the bed was comfy every was awesome I'd recommend this Santa Clarita Motel to anyone life's all about having fun have a good one

No problems
    • Queen Room

We had an issue with a smoking section, I didn't indicate a non-smoking room but they accommodated us any way even when they didn't have to. They gave us a non-smoking room.

Good room at a great value.
    • Queen Room

Parking lot is limited, tight parking spots and not quite enough of them.

modern room with a very good bed. Electrical outlets in the lamp for charging cell phones and electronics.

Comfortable but noisy.
    • Two Queen Deluxe Room

The motel is located next to a very busy Street and next to a train track, as a result noise level was unbearable during their the night for a comfortable sleep.The noise of the small fridge in the room also contribute to our negative sleep.

The room was clean and comfortable.

Great value for an excellent stay!

I liked it all.

Room was inviting and quaint. Bed was really comfortable! Huge mini-fridge, microwave, and nice flat screen TV. Very welcoming and friendly staff. In a safe area really close to everything, including Six Flags and mall. Made my trip enjoyable and worry-free.

Great budget find

It was a little loud. Right next to road.

The bed was very comfortable. Could see that they had recently remodeled. Beds, furniture, linens, blinds all seem new.

I like that it was affordable and it was nice for the price...
    • One King Deluxe Room

No negative comments. Would stay there again if I come back to Santa Clarita.

I like that it was affordable and it was nice for the price I paid. The room had a microwave and fridge nice size tv, and more importantly I felt safe staying there.

Not worth the low price. Too many inconveniences.

The hotel is directly next to a very busy highway and the car traffic was very loud all night. The blow dryer buttons were broken and inoperable. There was a fold away bed, I asked for sheets. I was given one sheet for an additional $10, no cover sheet, no blanket. Cords for everything were all around, very unsafe for young children. I personally will never stay here again.

The pillows were comfortable and there were 2 soda machines.

Best value near Magic Mountain.

We put the do not disturb sign on our door. But they had a service company come in and clean our carpets anyway. Carpets were still wet when we came back. Internet connection is very slow and unreliable.

Good value. Near Magic Mountain. Clean rooms. Spectrum cable tv with free on demand services. Quiet location.

Overall it work out very close to park we visited
    • Two Queen Deluxe Room

Working fridge would of been nice and a bathroom that closed without you having to push a loose screw every single time.

Bed and pillows very comfortable!

Probably will choose a different place next time. Customer service and hospitality are lacking.
    • Queen Room

The front desk manager was fairly uncooperative about the credit card I was using. The reservation was made in my name using my wife's card (who did not accompany me). After an 8 hour drive, he told me he couldn't give me the room unless I had the same credit card. I was about to leave, and he changed his mind. I was too tired for this unnecessary ordeal.

Convenient location, good price, clean.

Room was ok but area is bad if your traveling
    • Queen Room

The service and that they didn’t have the correct room we have selected

There were a lot of drug addicts around the area. No restaurant near by or convenience store. All restaurants and stores were about a few miles away from the motel

• Queen Room

Now everything was great everything was awesome had a great time I'll be staying at the Santa Clarita Motel whole bunch of times when the next year or so Six Flags Magic Mountain is open 365 days next year which is awesome see you at Magic Mountain

Location location location season pass holder to Six Flags Magic Mountain Santa Clarita motels perfect for me everything was nice check in with nice room was clean comfy everything was nice had a wonderful time a little noisy by the railroad tracks other than that everything was excellent I'd recommend the Santa Clarita Motel to anyone and check in time is at 2 p.m. which is nice have a good one have a good day

Room was very clean.

Staff couldn't guarantee parking. Motel is not in a good part of town. It was across from the railroad tracks. I think there were some people living there which is never a good sign. My husband thinks he saw a drug transaction in the parking lot.

Room was very clean. Staff were very friendly

It was a moderate stay.
    • One King Deluxe Room

Parking space and the staff you could tell he wasn’t so happy when asking to check in early. In our room smoke detector came off the ceiling.

Location to six flags and stores.

It was fine for a quick place to sleep
    • Queen Room

The doors are not insulated. I'm a light sleeper and all I heard through the night were cars on the road. It also made me worry about the possibility of bugs but we did not see any. The staff weren't exactly friendly either.

Room was very clean and nice

Ideal sort stay base
    • One King Deluxe Room

could be noisy first thing in the morning

Perfect option for a short stop-over. Room had all the necessary amenities. Also great for getting to any where

Overall nice stay no one bothered us.
    • Two Queen Deluxe Room

The noise of the train and traffic. The bed was uncomfortable you could feel the springs in the mattress.

Overall nice stay no one bothered us. The staff were friendly.

Thank you - will return..
    • One King Deluxe Room

Parking places were too narrow and tight to park with thoughtfulness for my neighnors.

The courteous gentleman at the front desk made certain I was placed in a non-smoking room, which is important to me as a cancer patient.

Michael from Banning living it up call Magic Mountain while staying at the Santa Clarita Motel
    • One King Deluxe Room

No like I said everything was great everything was excellent everything was awesome I'd recommend Santa Clarita Motel to anyone everything was really really really nice

Location location location close to Magic Mountain perfect for me really nice check in nice clean room very nice comfy bed for me everything was awesome place was great everything was excellent I would recommend Santa Clarita Motel to anyone awesome deal great price

It was more than i expected.
    • Queen Room

I can't think pf anything right now. It was good for the price. I do think towels were not really clean but i took mine.

Location was great, near our destination but next to a decent neighborhood that did not make us feel worried for our property (car). Room was clean and tgere was enough parking.

Great place with reasonable pricing!
    • One King Deluxe Room

Mike at front deal was great. I left some important items after check out and he left me two messages to let me know. I got them back. I would definitely stay there again.

This motel was clean and well maintained but in an undesireable location

Poor internet connection; Had to park on commercial street if returned to motel after 8 PM; Nearest restaurant 1+ miles.

Paid extra for updated room with nicer furnishings and T.V.

i liked it but managet was indifferent about non working things.
    • Queen Room

Did laundry and dryer did not work. Manager would not compensate. Had to pay cleaning fee. Never paid that in my life! He blamed Booking.com

Very quiet.

The room was super clean and neat.

The room was super clean and neat. Bed was super comfy. Definitely not a regular Motel. This was a Great Stay! No complaints at all. Staff was Friendly. Parking right at the property.

Dirty Wooden Floors

The room appeared to be cleaned until I started to walk around barefoot. The bottom of my feet were filthy, black from the dirt on the wooden floors. Looks like room service pushed a dust mop but never used a wet mop with cleansing soap. I have included a couple of pictures for your viewing. Pictures include towels for washing, drying, before and after cleaning.

Great price, nice room and bathroom, safe location. I would stay here again.
    • One King Deluxe Room

I read some reviews about cleanliness but was not affected by them. This motel is a great value so I expected it to be good but not perfect. Which I think is ok for what a deal you're getting. The only issues I had were that a couple of the many towels had a strand of hair or two. I'm sure if I needed to use those towels and went to exchange them at the front desk, it wouldn't have been a problem. When I checked out, I notice that an outside service delivers their washed towels because I saw a truck unloading them so it seems like it's not an issue in-house. There was also one shampoo bottle that looked like it may have been used because it wasn't as full as the other shampoo and had water spots on the cap. It could've just leaked and had been rinsed off but other than these two minor things, housekeeping did a good job.

My experience was great since check-in, the young guy at the front desk was so friendly. I liked that there is a small parking lot on site. The room was a great value and I would stay there again because the renovated decor is really nice. You could tell there was effort put into making the King Deluxe room and bathroom feel like a boutique hotel type of place which I appreciated about this motel. I liked that it was roomy and even had a small couch. I wouldn't have gotten a room as nice for the same price in LA (my destination). Travelers on the road heading from north of LA should consider this motel on their way south.

It was definitely good value for the price and it was not too far from six flags.

The beds were too hard they were uncomfortable to sleep. The outside light also kept flooding into our room which was annoying.

Parking was free and so was the wifi. The rooms were cleaned every night and the towels were replaced every day.

Browse Santa Clarita Motel traveller photo gallery