Reviews of Motel 6 Eau Claire, WI 2 stars

2305 Craig Road, Eau Claire, WI 54701, USA

#16 of 18 hotels in Eau Claire

6.2

Easy to find, friendly staff

No tissue in the tissue holder, no shower supplies (shampoo), the mattress was clean but uncomfortable, my wife tried sleeping on the edge as the center seemed to be past its' expiration date. I have difficulty with stairs and the clerk told us that they only had 2nd floor open. I believe there was a group of church conventioneers who may have taken up the 1st floor, but I thought they might have been able to try.

Easy to find, friendly staff

I liked the price of the room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn’t like how there was no shampoo or conditioner in the shower and the tv was blurry and too small. The tv was bad quality. The mattresses were ripped. There were also only one way to get into the motel that was through the front door.

I liked the price of the room.

Price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Inside of room was clean and comfortable...but the "atmosphere" around the building and in the hallways (smells of urine and foot traffic of druggies) was uninviting to say the least. In addition, it seems some of the rooms were being used as sort of a housing options for the disabled. (Nothing wrong with that, but was odd to see many people in wheelchairs smoking in night gowns and telling everyone's business as if in a nursing home.) Not quite what I had in mind for my relaxing family vacation. Guess you get what u pay for.

Price. Inside of room clean.

TV was old style.

TV was old style. I could have use a sign telling me to turn on the TV at the TV because the remote wouldn't do this. The air conditioner was old, beat up and poorly controlled but it did work. The shower was hard to control water temperature.

I get it, it is a budget motel, but was filthy. Rating should be no stars.

Not sure how my overall rating is 2.5 stars, as I did not rate any aspect of my stay as worth one star. The review score is misleading, as the average review gave an impression that it was above average. Filthy, smelly, only one entrance to entire building is accessible. WiFi sucks. Air conditioner did not work. Tissue dispenser empty. Not all lights worked. Bathroom exhaust deafeningly loud. People loitering in parking lot. Designated smoking area in front of the only entry door. People with large dog and smoking at entrance. Needed another shower after using this one.

Leaving was great.

The ice machine was the only thing that worked.

The staff was rude unwelcoming and lie to other motels in the area to try to get me blacklist Ed in eau Claire because she the nighttime manager didn't like me because I pointed out all the safety violations they had and how uncomfortable I was there.

The ice machine was the only thing that worked.

Nice clean room, very helpful staff, good price, close to...

Long hike to my room including up stairs. Apparently they were not allowing use of other doors for security reasons. So I was almost all the way down the upstairs hall. Long hike with all my things.

Nice clean room, very helpful staff, good price, close to everything

Everything good except breakfast.

Motel Around this area seems not provide any breakfast.

It's a good hotel to stay if just come by Wisconsin for short stay. Not sure Wi-Fi is stable or not, a friend accompany with me met some problem about the Wi-Fi, but friendly staff provides good help to solve that problem. A Walgreen is nearby, and go cross a street can find restaurant and gas station.

Low rates make return visits considering

This visit, my eighth here in over a year, was among the quietest I've enjoyed.

The shower is among the best I've had in a motel in months. The Motel 6 doesn't have a bathroom in the formal sense of the word; just a sink separating the toilet and tub by a wall. But it met my needs.

The staff was friendly and rooms were clean.

Hallways and stairwells were dirty and sometimes would have a really bad dirty smell to them otherwise it was good.

The staff was friendly and rooms were clean.

One of the two employees I asked for directions actually...

1. They didn't tell me there was a thermostat on the wall so I could raise the heat. 2. The old tires and empty beer cans at the back of the parking lot made it look dumpy.

One of the two employees I asked for directions actually knew how to get to my destination.

below average

The recliner was broken, the handle was missing making it unusable. The room was called non smoking, but there was residual second hand smoke . The bathroom was really bad smelling.

the price was fine

Great price very good clean
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Heat did not work the first night so we moved next door for the following night. Cable did not work in Either room! That was disappointing! Jim

$ was good

Very nice ... as always

Being such a frequent guest there, I rarely have any kind of complaint to make.

This was about my 8th stay in two years at Motel 6 in Eau Claire. I was delighted management took steps to tighten security, by reducing entry points. That was a wonderful surprise.

Never again.

The room carpet was filthy, as was the bed spread. The hall carpet was filthy. ------There were many many spider webs above my sleeping area (bed).------ And, it was a long hallway walk to my room.

The staff were very nice. The bed was firm. The bathroom appeared clean.

No sleep and a shower with mold.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room 202 is directly above the front door and front desk area making it impossible to be able to get to sleep. The shower area had four separate areas of black mold.

The price was great as well as how close to UW-Eau Claire it is.

Decent for the price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Old outdated TV. The only way in building any time day or night is thru front door. Check in clerk was a little rude about the fact we had 2 dogs and a service dog.

Pets stay free.

Very happy with stay-will do again.

Bed was comfortable. Didn’t need the extras of pool,hot tub etc. Stayed two nights because price was so reasonable. Nice place for a weekend getaway, at a great price.

Overall a good value.

Still using old school tube televisions and no shampoo and conditioner.

The staff was friendly and the room was clean. Nice bathroom with plenty hot water.

A mixed bag this trip

Guests ignore the No-Smoking rules. A guest was smoking just outside an exit with the exit door partly (inch or two) open, with his cigarette smoke entering the building. I should have complained.

A great shower!

Will love to stay here again!

Do not disturb signs for room doors would be awesome if someone didn't want to be awaken early for room service. Also didn't know they perform room service if you leave your room and aren't scheduled to check out. Luckily I wasn't laying around naked ignoring room service knocks or she would have gotten a big eye full! Im not mad though because all of my belongings were untouched including my Samsung Galaxy S5 so the staff is definitely trustworthy.

Polite,courtesy staff,perfect price,quiet atmosphere, very relaxing. Walking distance to several fast food chains, walgreens, and public transportation. Front desk check in (Martina) was absolutely pleasant and helpful.

I enjoyed the stay and the the price.

No carpet so a rug or runner would be nice one for tracking in snow and two in the morning the floor was cold so to have a rug to stand on would be nice.

The room was comfortable. It was easy to find coming from over 200 miles. Parking near the door, since i recently had hip surgery that was nice.

Needed a place to stay for a few hours. It was cheap it was clean.

The facility is a bit dated, but it’s clean. Bring your own towels because the ones in the room were thin, hard, and rough.

Front desk staff was friendly. Room was clean. Nice selection of channels on tv. Water was hot and pressure good.

Nice for the price it was.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Housekeeping knocking at my door at 6am and sad check out was 6am because of the holiday. Which today Friday is not a holiday. It's the day AFTER the holiday 11-24-2017. People were outside my window talking and smoking at 11pm.

Easy to get to

will not stay again!

I asked for a room away from roads and other noisy rooms. As I am a light sleeper. All I heard was people in and out, doors slamming, loud TV. Parking was in the dark, back doors to motel were locked so had to walk all the way to front. Stated always keep back doors locked at night. Is that for safety?? I was scared, uncomfortable and as a woman, very upset that I had to walk in the dark alone to front of building to get let inside.

Poor
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Dirty bedding, the maid didn’t clean our room- including towels garbages and bedding, the tv didn’t work properly, the room and amendities were highly out dated.

A nice time for such a short stay

It might sound a little picky but the faucet in the wash basin leaked, spilling water in that area surrounding the wash basin and not putting water into the basin. That was in Room 145 as I recall.

This was my 4th or 5th visit in the past year, and first during autumn. Motel was especially quiet this time, despite the fact it was booked solid.

I hated my stay and will never go back.

The hotel is old and dated, rooms were rented to under aged kids that had a party and the noise and doors slamming till all hours of the night. The side entrance smelled like urine. The walls are paper thin and I could hear everything from the rooms around me. Over all, the stay was horrible. Won't ever go there again.

Close to Campus, lots of restaurants and shopping.

The place was convenient, priced right and employees helpful.

Hard to get to parking lot due to hospital construction across the closed road. Noisy while construction people were working. One night someone was letting their children run up and down the hall and knock on doors. No little breakfast.

Price

No big disappointments this time around.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Once the construction on the road that borders the motel is over, I should think the experience of staying there will improve. The detour to the parking lot was a little difficult to get used to.

It's location; I've stayed there several times before.

Staff very pleasant but accomadations were less than adequate for the money spent.

The price gouging was very evident. I have stayed in much nicer hotels for the same price. Hint: over $150.00. Building smelled like smoke. Torn screens on my window. Cable tv was not working properly. NOT even an alarm clock in the room! REALLY! NO iron, courtesy toiletries, ie. shampoo, conditioner. A box tv, crooked lamps in the room, and dust on the mirrors. No paper and pens to write with. No continental breakfast to speak of. The streets the hotel was located on was under heavy construction and this was NOT stated when I booked my room. Very difficult to figure out how to enter their parking lot. Had I not gone in daylight I would never have figured it out. Not every one has a smart phone to just have directions told to them. I figured it out old school. Sorry this review is so awful but I feel like I was taken advantage of! Single mom with 5 children and went to visit my college daughter for family weekend, and 170.00 dollars of my hard earned money went to a very poor hotel room. If I could get a refund I would ask for one, but instead I will never recommend a Hotel 6 (We'll leave the light on) to anyone. At least not the one in Eau Claire, WI. Thank you for your time.

The location was very convenient for our weekend. The staff was professional and very friendly. Very close to a Walgreens and other convenient restaurants. They offered coffee and hot water for tea in the morning.

Not ever returning
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Construction around whole property. Couldn't figure out how to get into the parking lot. Halls dirty. Side doors to get in were not locked. No security. People hanging in doorways smoking. No essentials in the bathroom/shower except a bar of soap. Check in guy was nice

Location was good. Bed was comfortable.

Restful and cheap.

The construction across the street made getting into motel a bit pf a challenge.

Vakue was in the fact it was clean, comfortable and quiet...at a VERY GOOD price. Pet was free as an added value. We only stay at lodging where pets are allowed.....so free is nice.

It might have been better to sleep in my car.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was clean but dingy, with stains on the bedspreads. The beds were hard and the air conditioner didn't work. They didn't even have shampoo for the shower?

Difficult and confusing to enter property due to...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Difficult and confusing to enter property due to construction. Tried to contact hotel but constantly got a busy signal.lobby and entrance smelled smoke but the room was cen with no smokiness.

Terrible location, no hot water, and the morning staff was less than helpful
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was no hot water on Friday morning. It was noisy with a lot of in and out of rooms and doors slamming throughout the entire evening. When I complained about no hot water in the morning all the staff would say was someone is working on it they offered no timeline or anything else . I would never stay there again even if it was free.

The price was good until there was no hot water to take a shower .

BEDBUGS!!! Infested!!

BEDBUGS! Absolutely infested... i had to go to urgent care for treatment.

I was booked for three nights. I liked that they gave me a fill refund when I had to leave at 2am on the first night due to an infestation of bedbugs.

Very disappointing stay.

Poor/NO signage during construction of road to get into lot, ( told to "finagle" way after being turned around for detours for way too long!) Could not see sign or hotel in the dark from main busy road. No batteries for remotes for TV, scalding or ice water for shower, no one at desk in am, no breakfast available as told would be. Prerecorded messages for direction were useless. Even some locals didnt know where located.

Only use this Motel if you are super desperate. Very run down. Bring ear plugs.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Really bad area around the hotel, I mean creepy people everywhere. I thought being next to a Walgreen's would be handy, if by handy you mean you want people trolling for drugs.

The air conditioner worked, that's about it.

Friendly staff, a computer to print my boarding pass, lots...

It was just a bit rundown. Slightly pricey for the quality of room, but service and the size of the room made up for it!

Friendly staff, a computer to print my boarding pass, lots of parking and the location for the price was good.

Piece of crap-no one should ever go to-take it off bookings site if not booking just as bad. I
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing, the place was a crap hole. No clock, no coffee in room, no nothing. And the place was dirty, run down, looked like the bed comforter had never been washed.Sheets looked theyhad be washed in the river. Back door was broken, should have been locked at night, but could not be locked cause of being broken. Hallway carpets looked like they had never been cleaned. They should take a bulldozer to this pile of crap and wipe it off the earth. I have never, ever stayed at such a piece of crap in my life.

Disgusting!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

A dirty cleaning rag was left on the night stand!! Disgusting! No blow dryer, frig, microwave, and missing light bulbs in many lamps. No coffee pot. Stained carpets and chairs. Very smoky smell in a non-smoking room. Extremely poor.

Location / bare bones, no frills price / free coffee...

Common areas were dirty. No night security, bike trail was closed by construction.

Location / bare bones, no frills price / free coffee in lobby / Walgreen store in adjoining parking lot.

You get what you pay for.

The room had some questionable stains, blood? Possibly. Also,the room we booked had broken a.c. so we got a different room.

The price was good. The desk workers were nice.

Easy to find, efficient check in. Front desk good.

Not being able to open the window farther than couple inches. I want that fresh air when sleeping.

It was easy to find, within walking distance of resturants. Being a smoker, this hotel had table and chairs set up under a tree away from doors and windows , easily accessable.

Clean & accomodating

Not raising my room rate almost 4 times because music events in the area. Prices also go up on weekend. I stayed 2 weeks. I was here for work trying to make money not get railed when events come to town.

Clean & accomodating

It worked, would stay again but plan better

Cleanliness, also I had to extend my stay for a day and ended up paying as much for 1 day as I did for the first 2

The best part of staying here was the staff and the location happened to be perfect for me

Quiet hallways

The mold around bathtub and around bathroom floor. TV needs an upgrade. The lighting is bad. Ice machine doesn't work. Asked for late check out because we didn't arrive until 3 am, they gave us 30 min.

Quiet hallways

If you like the feeling of prison, you are going to want to stay here

I called ahead and said that I was running late and that I would not be able to make it until the morning after my check in date. I told the them that they could charge my card for the first night so I didn't lose my room. I arrived the next morning to check in. The person at the front desk said that I was a no show. He charged the no show fee and cancelled my reservation. I told them the situation and that I called them ahead of time. They proceeded to make me wait for about an hour until someone could finally comprehend what I was saying. They wanted to charge me double the rate that I booked at because there was a music festival in the area. I told them that would be unacceptable because i booked this stay far in advance of those rates. Yes, everything did get straightened out, but it took way too long for all of this. Once I got into the room, it was like I took a blast to the past. There was a tube TV, and some really old decorations... It literally was like going to the 80s. The bed wasn't comfortable, the shower head hardly worked, and the AC was louder than an 18 wheeler that blew its turbo. The day of checkout, he heard a banging noise on the door at 9 AM asking if we were gone yet... Seriously? I was still sleeping at the time. Checkout is at 11. Why would you be knocking on my door 2 hours early????

Dirty and cheap

Room stank powerfully of mildew, smell emanating from bathroom/shower. Luckily the Windows opened and the room aired out somewhat. Generally a grime hole hotel, but dirt cheap.

crappy motel 6
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beds suck pillows are cheap as hell glad i always bring my own room was dirty found bugs and pieces of garbage on the floor the tv is way out of date its early 90s model tubeset the bathroom is too small would never stay at this "hotel" again.. and no light was left on for me

Nothing just good for a night if you're tired of driving all day the days inn is much nicer and cleaner

the best two nights of my vacation

that I had to go, time to get back home.

everything!!! the parking, the bed, t.v, coffee maker, so clean,but most of all the sweet girl at check-in and helped the whole stay... .its people like her that make the world a better place...next time thu.i wont think twice I will be staying here.........

People working on motel cleanup looked like homeless people.

People working on motel cleanup looked like homeless people. Only coffee in the morning - I'm used to having at least some bagels if not a full breakfast bar. No elevator for 2nd floor room.

The bed was very comfortable

The window only opened up about 4 inches! The tv was old n was hard to hear it, sounded muffled! The sink had a slow drain n nothing to pull the drain up more! The a/c was loud n didn't cool very good! No fridge, microwave n alarm clock!

The bed was very comfortable

Not sure if the staff knows what a reservation is

I arrived early and paid for my room so I could head out to the music festival throughout the day and evening. When I came back to the hotel much later, they had given my room away. No apologies, no real explanation either. Incredibly unprofessional, and left us in quite a bind considering it was a very busy weekend with Eaux Claire Fest and we had a hard time finding somewhere else to stay.

The location in relation to the music festival we were attending and the cost.

Disappointed
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No clock, no coffee maker in room. Only had bed and old tube TV, Web site indicated continental breakfast. Only coffee available . Very small bath room . Does not offer AAA, AARP or any further discount and felt price high for what was offered.

Disappointment

Lets see the beds were hard as a rock, was moved to a different room, due to that issue. Needless to say not much better. The t.v. are way out of date. There was hair in both rooms I was in. State of the hotel, is very poor.

Didn't care for the place at all.

lousy
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

loud fight at 12:45a.m. called front desk, his reply did I know the room #, and he would call them said they had no security, and he was the only one working. the loud fight continued until 2:00a.m. needless to say I will never stay at a motel6 again.

Motel 6 lives up to its Quiet Hours policy

The mattress on my Queen (on my second visit) was much too firm, a decline in the comfort from the King mattress I slept on during my first visit.

I liked the fact that a room with just a single Queen was just as inviting as one with two Queen beds or a King. The first floor will always be my preferred location and I plan to return real soon.

Don't stay here.

Didn't stay. Didn't feel safe. One bed (reserved 2), no breakfast as stated online, old tv. Paper thin walls. Old school air conditioner that barely worked. I left.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

You get what you pay for

Walls are very thin, could hear people moving around above me all night. Bathroom was dirty, even found a long hair on a towel. No shampoo in my room. I left after 1 night and found a different hotel for the rest of my stay.

Price was much cheaper than other hotels nearby

Quiet, good and quiet.

The room was a little smaller than I expected ... but that's not going to prevent me from making a return visit within the next few months.

This was the fourth motel I had stayed at in that particular area of Eau Claire, and it was by far the quietest. And quiet counts for a lot for this veteran (65 years of vacations) traveler. I did not need any in-house breakfast as the city has more than its share of great breakfast places.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Good value but okay service.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The TV wasn't working. The staff attitude was okay at best. No breakfast was offered.

The price was good. The location was good. The building was secure and convenient.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

You get what you pay for

The room was pretty dirty. It looked like the floor hadn't been vacuumed in a while, and there was garbage laying on the ground between the nightstand and bed. The air conditioning didn't work. Luckily, it was cool outside so we were able to cool the room down by opening the window. It would have been unbearably hot if it had been the middle of the summer.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

NOT a pace to visit a second time
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

LOUD noises all night long. Shabby rooms, not very clean. Lots of shady characters going in and out and loitering around. The carpet was filthy, bedding had questionable stains. Had room on first floor and room above us sounded like they were dropping bodies or bowling balls on floor all night long.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Excellent slept like I was hibernating,thanks again to the staff for making my stay awesome.

Breakfast hours should be extended.as a truck driver,resting is different for us. No comparison from sleeping in a big truck to a motel bed.

Martina and the rest of motel 6 staff were awesome,very helpful,friendly,I enjoyed very much my stay,eauclaire,wi.all the staff made my stay as comfortable as possible,I loved it,thanks to staff at motel6.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Beware of motel 6 Eau claire and the corperate and do not use booking.com they don't care about thos
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The manager is psychotic. The fridge didn't work. Told them they promised a new one but never got one. The manager showed up at my room door freaking out and swearing and screaming at us because we were still at the hotel a half hour past check out. We asked for and were approved for a late checkout by the front desk staff. He wouldn't hear us about that tho. It was insane. Like something out of the twilight zone. Told booking.com about it and motel 6 and neither one will refund my money so do not use either of these companies. They are just out to make money and do not care about the people they are serving.

Beware
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The fridge didn't work. Told them on day one. Kept getting promised a new one or that one fixed. It didn't happen. I also Arranged for a late checkout of 1 pm only to be harassed and threatened by the manger at noon for not being out by 11. Tried to explain that I arranged a late check out with the girl at the front desk. He wouldn't listen and continued yelling and foaming at the mouth at the door of my hotel room. He called the police to kick us out for being there. It was ridiculous. I had stayed for three days and never plan to again.

The location is good

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Perfect for our purposes, just a place to hang your head for...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It is always nice when a hotel has hot water available for coffee and tea in the evenings. Thanks!

Perfect for our purposes, just a place to hang your head for the night. Thanks!

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Clean room & good service

The girl that checked us in did so with a frown on her face. I think it was because one of your other employees had bothered her with a dumb question.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Terrible stay. Very uncomfortable the entire time I was there. Would never bring my family back.

The bed was extremely uncomfortable. My keys stopped working after the first day. I felt unsafe. It was so loud I barely slept. The staff was outside smoking cigarettes all the time. The ac didn't work. I was afraid I was going to get robbed the entire time I was there.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

The bed was huge, friendly staff.

The tv is really outdated with basic cable, it's one of the old fat ones, I wanted to rent a dvd to watch a movie but there was no DVD player. Or any type of ON DEMAND to watch.

The bed was huge, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Great value for a hotel close to downtown
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Initial room was occupied when I received key. Had to change to another room. Staff apologized and changed rooms right away.

Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Location was very close to downtown.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Fine but not ok
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The site did not say they we remodeling.It was very easy to tell.Two or more rooms had matters ect in them when we arrived.Curtains were open so i could see in Old tv in room.wifi not that good Room had crunbs on floor not vaccum.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Kinda a bad area

Sketchy area, they don't include shampoo or soap, constant fear of your car being towed even with the very amateur parking pass (hand written) they give you

Good value and right at the interstate