Reviews of Wyndham Garden Schaumburg Chicago Northwest 4 stars

1725 East Algonquin Road, Schaumburg, IL 60173, USA

#23 of 29 hotels in Schaumburg

good place in the right place

clean room, comfy bed, big shower. For one night stand the location was perfect. front desk people were busy but kind to give us information about breakfast and tourist attractions.

The property is old and physical plant systems are not well maintained. Elevators don’t work reliably and air conditioning struggled to keep up with the heat. Interior hallways were not air conditioned adequately and were very hot.

Overpriced but good place to stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We thought it was way overpriced for what you got. In our area in Texas you would be staying in a 5 star hotel with airport shuttle service, breakfast included. Instead the hotel gave us a taxi reference, and we had to pay for breakfast buffet that wasn’t much better than the breakfast bar at the Hampton. It was an older hotel, signs of age in convention center area.

This was the best choice we got because there were so many cancelled flights. Only 12 miles from airport. Beds and linens were very comfortable. After a hard day of travel we loved a hot bath, and good beds. Because we got in so late, the staff gave us a menu for a restaurant that delivered. The hamburgers and fries were so good, and the lasagna, hot when delivered at 11:40 at night. Staff was very nice despite they were slammed by travelers stranded in Chicago. It was in a safe area of town.

Good older hotel but needs a little fine tuning
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Did not like that the balcony door was inoperable I understand that they wanted to keep smokers from using the balcony but this is a safety issue. Also as the door could not be opened the outside window was filthy. Also the room next to ours had room service and the tray with dirty dishes and old food was left in the hallway for 2 days. There were some other guests that did complain about a smell in their room but our room was fine.

Very nice staff and clean rooms. Good location and nice breakfast loved the fresh fruit. Very comfortable beds.

Not a looker, but a good value for a place to sleep

The water in the bathroom was hot or hotter. There was no cold water. It was too hot for my 8yr old to take a shower. The faucet handle on the tub was hard to turn. It felt flimsy, like if turned too hard it would break. The buffet breakfast (that was $10/person) was not good. Rubbery food. The coffee cups were dollhouse sized. Save your $ and hit McD for breakfast.

Clean room and bathroom. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Got a great sleep!

The staff was phenomenal!

The staff was phenomenal! They were very accommodating and helpful! I would recommend this place to anyone traveling to the area and if I ever have to go back I will definitely stay there again!!

My stay was perfect!

the top duster blanket on the bed had some odd spots on it and appeared it hadn't been washed in awhile. That was my only issue with cleanliness and since I never use that blanket it didn't bother me.

I enjoyed the free wifi

Appreciated salt on front walk even if snow didn’t need it...

Hallway finishes a bit drab but that’s the only issue

Appreciated salt on front walk even if snow didn’t need it they were conscientious enough to throw it

slightly below average
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Double beds - seriously! Hotel needs to upgrade to queens at least. Outdoor pool only - sad! And when I booked I'm sure breakfast was included but it wasn't - disappointed!

close proximity to where I needed to be

Good location, but so many problems with the little things.

- Noisy, banging fan in the heat/AC unit - TV audio didn't work - Coffee maker leaked and didn't work - Housekeeping removed used towels after the first night, but didn't replace them - Very worn carpeting

Bed was very comfy

Comfortable, large room that was nicely presented.

Common areas - hallways etc were a bit scuffy

Comfortable, large room that was nicely presented. Very comfortable bed and linens. Overall the Hotel seems a bit tired. For the price it was good value, but I wouldn't pay much more for the room.

Thank you very much for a nice night's stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds were a little small for two but very clean.

My girls ordered ice cream late in the evening. The ice cream came in a nice box and the girls really enjoyed it.

It was close to the family we were visiting.

After 8+ hours of travel we went to sleep around 10:30. Around 11PM we were rudely awakened by guy and friends in next room. After they left he talked Loudly on his phone forever!!! Seems like we finally got to sleep then around 6 AM he and his friends woke us again with loud talking.Little to no sleep for us. When checking out I had to take the loaded cart clear to the overflow parking to load my car. With temps in the "Single Digits", it was not fun. Reason I had to go clear over there: several Taxi's had parked in the check in drive amd were inside "waiting" for someone to need them. With an infant and a daughter with a disability, that walk was not good. Sad to say these bad experiences took away from the good..

We were pleased that our rooms were on the 1st floor and easy to get to. The internet worked!

Hard bed, hair on sheets

Bed was very hard and when i turned down covers to sleep there were a few long black hairs on the sheets. I called front desk and it was like it was no big deal. Won’t be back and that’s a shame cause this is my go to spot when i come to rolling Meadows.

Great value for the money, convenient.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beds comfortable enough, but perhaps time to consider mattress upgrade.

Very easy access off the expressway, staff friendly and professional, easy to reach local shopping and other attractions.

I Recommend This Place to Everyone.

I Honestly, they could put more lotion and shampoo in the bathroom. It was just raining when I stayed, but the hotel made efforts so we'd be comfortable.

This place was easy to locate, staff was super friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable, it also smelled nice. I only stayed there for one night, it was raining, but we really enjoyed our stayed and we definitely would recommend.

Nice place to stay, decent price and close to the airport.

When I first arrived it took a good 10 minutes before someone appeared at the front desk. But she was very nice once she arrived as were all the staff. The bar in the hotel had a salsa night on where you had to pay to get it when all I really wanted was a drink, this was a saturday night and seemed to be for the locals rather than guests.

Nice clean room for the price and a great place to stay if you need to be near the airport but don't want an airport hotel, theres an Irish bar on the same estate as well as a pizza restaurant.

Staff was very nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel needs some renovation, everything looks old, but it is just cosmetics. Location wasn't great.

Staff was very nice. They have a restaurant / bar

It was a wonderful experience and thank you for all your hard work.
    • King Room - Disability Access

My only complaint is the WiFi, because it was devastatingly slow and would disconnect every time you leave and return to the hotel. Other than that, I will definitely stay here during my next visit to Chicago.

My siblings and I had a remarkable stay at Wyndham! It was such a pleasure to stay there and the staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. We stayed for the duration of 5 nights and there was no complaints towards the staff during this time. The breakfast buffet was also phenomenal! Though we witnessed the staff receive unfriendly remarks at some point even though they did nothing wrong, they held their composure very well. It was a wonderful experience and thank you for all your hard work.

Comfortable stay, friendly staff, and a great value compared to neighboring Renaissance
    • King Room - Disability Access

We weren't a fan of the traditional hotel buffet breakfast, but our diets are unique. The buffet was dominated by foods with a high shelf life and we skipped our free breakfast. The gyms at hotels always seem low quality and in need of attention.

All the basic comforts were well considered. Felicia the night manager was very accommodating and we'll consider returning based on the customer service provided by her and the cleaning staff. The human element was definitely the highlight of our stay. Thanks Felicia! We didn't get a chance to enjoy the pool area, but it was beautifully lit at night.

Fair value.

Have to wait 18 mins to check in. Poor lady at front desk by herself helping a customer and 4 people waiting also she had to answer phone calls. She was doing a great job. You need to hire more staff.

The pool and its location.

It was fine. The breakfast was terrible.

The $10 breakfast was nasty. I've been meaning to try to get my money back from that.

Convenient. Close enough to where we needed to be. Clean room, comfortable bed.

I liked the comfortable beds, shower felt good and lobby was...

I didn't like that the refrigerator and microwave wasn't working when we 1st arrived. They did come fix them both, appreciate that. I didn't like the spider webs that were in the corner by the air conditioner as well as the patio doors.

I liked the comfortable beds, shower felt good and lobby was very nice. The staff was very pleasant and helpful.

Very comfortable modernized room

Restaurant seemed tired and a little down-at-heel, though my food was well prepared and tasty. This wouldn't stop me going back.

Check-in staff friendly and efficient. An older property but modernized, very comfortable room. Bed and pillows were very much to my liking.

The size of the room.

Ice machine was dirty I had to switch rooms because the bedding hadn't been changed found an old napkin in the 2nd. No free breakfast

The size of the room. Great price for location and size

So so

I didn't like that the room smelled bad and that we couldn't open the door to the balcony. Also our elevator got stuck poor customer service because we tried to get someone to help by pressing on the emergency number in the elevator and no one ever helped us out we were stuck for literally 5 min and it was extremely hot until the door finally opened we quickly got out and had to take the stairs.

The bathroom was really nice, I liked the outdoor pool, and the room was nice and clean.

Wyndham hotel but not Wyndham Quality.

The building is poorly maintained. I had to switch rooms because of bad AC units. First room AC does not blow cold air, and runs on slow speed only (441). Second room AC units runs on slow speed only too (427). I had a hard time to convince the night audit to move me to another room "from 441 to 427" !. I don't know what is the reason behind Setting A/C units to run on slow speed only. If there is the a logic behind it I would like to know.

Location, nice view on the back side. Good TV size and furniture.

Love Chicago!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was very hard, otherwise everything was good. Breakfast was expensive

Room was clean and big. TV showed great HD and had free HBO. Staff friendly, location close to everything and close to the expressway.

A good place if you don't mind Full size beds
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My bathroom had cracks in the toilet and the clean up crew left trash when they cleaned for the day. We had a bug in our room they came and sprayed. My Biggest complaintwas the double room is not a double room and the beds were full size very small and when we asked for a rollaway said it was a fire hazzard. Manager was like yeah there full size you gotta read booking.com better😡

The staff was friendly and modern furniture in room , very conviention to the convention center. Lake in the back by pool was pretty

Pest Control Needs to Happen
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not sure if it was because we were on the first floor, but on the second night we found large bugs (I think they were beetles?) in the bathrooms and in the rooms. Also found a few ants on the bed in the morning... We were out of the rooms all day and only came into the rooms after midnight on both nights to sleep, so once we figured out there were bugs on the second of two nights, we couldn't really do anything about it. We let the staff know at checkout and they gave us a discount.

Staff was warm, inviting, and accommodating. That's the only thing that made this stay not a total disaster.

Comfortable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pool was closed for repair Sound for TV was bad (Maybe the brand of television) Bathroom sink didn't drain properly

Nice and comfortable Family Friendly Clean

Don't!

Room assignment sucked. Worst side of building (no view), and surrounded by loud soccer kids. Rooms/doors not sound proof. Place is old. Pool not working. Not allowed to use pool deck for sunning. Other outdoor patio area in disarray, dirty and soiled with goose dung. Grounds full of goose dung. Had to ask for TV remote. No breakfast. Front desk staff not the friendliest...worried more about taking phone calls than helping person in front of them. No decent restaurants close by - i.e., in walking distance. Water pressure terrible. Had to hold toilet handle to get toilet to flush. Sliding door to balcony very difficult to slide open. We will never stay again. 1/2 star.

The cleaning and maintenance personnel. Frig and micro in room.

Beds and pillows were lumpy.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Beds and pillows were lumpy. You can feel the springs poking through the mattress. Printer was broken. Coffee machine in room broken. Rained while we were there and so tv was not connecting

Wyhndam hotel was okay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room seem to have water issues. The carpet was wet the next morning for some reason on one side of the room. The elevator went out about one hour after arriving.

I liked the ease of finding the hotel and the clean area in the lobby.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

OK for business trip, not OK for leisure trip!

Outside the lobby - horrible smell (suggest to spray or put out something to have a nicer scent running at all time) Entre Grill restaurant - food is good but service is bad and very slow Room cleaning - should remove old coffee pack from inside coffee maker, should replace same exact towels if removed from the room. Shuttle service - should think about extending the hours because the Mall is close

The location - closer Convention Center, Mall and food places The coffee in the room - great brand and great coffee! The shuttle service - it helps to go to the Convention Center The food at Entre Grill - food from the menu is not bad

I found a small bug crawling on the bed freaked out thought...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I found a small bug crawling on the bed freaked out thought it was a bed bug but it wasn't. Well checking the bed for bugs I found a open condom wrapper.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Amazing atmosphere and staff!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was a little sad that there was only an outdoor pool. It would have been perfect to have an indoor pool or jacuzzi.

I loved how close the hotel was to all the main attractions in schaumburg. Everything we came for was within 5 mins from our hotel. (Medieval times, legoland, Woodfield mall) Also the staff was unbelievably helpful. Not knowing the area was a little scary but the front desk staff went out of their way to help with recommendations and maps, directions. They were so welcoming, by the second day of our stay they knew my children by name and always asked about our experiences that day. Loved our whole stay!

Elegant convenience
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was there for adepticon. You guys were located right around the corner from the convention center. Your location was amazing. Planning on booking your hotel for next year aswell.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Pokestop right in the building!!!

Tv's speakers were really bad.

Clean rooms, up to date decor and polite staff. Plus theres a pokestop right in the building we and were able to reach from our room!!

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

The room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pillows...all 8 of them...felt as if they were just rolled up socks stuffed in a pillowcase. The fan on the heater/air conditioner did not work properly...only a bare minimum of air movement that could only be felt about 6 inches away, but we were lucky that the temp was ok in the room. Bed linens had some stains but you could tell it was just because they were old. TV reception was poor both days...but it was due to signal. One morning the TV didn't work at all and it had to be reprogrammed.

The room...rug, bathroom, etc was clean. Staff was very friendly and responsive with problems. TV didn't work and had to be reprogrammed and they came immediately. The shower was awesome...great water pressure and very hot water.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Very bad experience

Very Bad food, it takes ages for the front desk to pick up the phone, I spent the night with NONFUNCTIONING heating system and the temp was 8 F, -18 C can you imagine that? They changed the room for me but it was also broken heater, no hot water in the bath during all the morning, very expensive for it's bad service the breakfast was awful old bagels , no hot breakfast, Definitely don't recommend it to any one

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Good place to stay when you just need a place for sleeping
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Better TV and channels. Even though it said HD, it most definitely does not compare to my HD at home. The available channels were worthless, unless you want to watch news.

Very firm mattress, which is exactly how I like it.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Great value and location stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The sliding could not close completely thus leaving a small gap that let in the cold air and the sound of the wind rushing through. The overall temp of the room was kept warm by the room heater. If they could repair the glass sliding door, it would make the room not too dry.

Close to the highway yet it is not noisy. Easy to to get to various attractions, restaurants, and shopping malls. Friendly staff that are very informative about types of restaurants and attractions.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Be prepared for hidden fees!

There was no disclosure on Booking.Com or my the Wyndham Garden about the mandatory security deposit of $25.00 per night! I am 61 years old and I never paid a security deposit to any hotel. I will never make any future reservations thru booking.com! I also will never stay at another wyndham hotel ever!

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Our room was 77 degrees when we arrived.....way to hot!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Would stay again!

My husband didn't like the firm pillows as he prefers soft ones. I thought they were great!

The bed and pillows were excellent for me. We had eggs and fruit and both were very good.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Very nice stay &good location.

We were greeted promptly & welcomed - room was great, quiet & super clean - will definitely stay again when I'm in town. Staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Could have been better
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel looked old, the lighting was dim in halls. Bed wasn't comfortable. We had to keep calling for more towels. Bathtub whirlpool jets were dirty. Not the cleanest looking hotel.

The business meeting was in same hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Good enough

Spider was on the bed when checked in, and in the shower.. bed sheets have old stains from other guest

Bed was comfortable. And being able to come to the room with no problems

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Clean, fast, courteous

The televisions for some reason have something wrong with the sound. It's almost like an echo effect.

The bed was firm and amazing. The front desk staff was amazingly helpful and fast.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Never there again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Lumpy bed that caused my sciatic nerve to act up making the wedding I was in painful to participate in. Left an expensive pillow and called. Was told they'd check to see if it was still there....never called back. Very disappointing stay

Not much....staff was "okay"

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Good and Quiet...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was a wedding party the night we stayed and our flight got in late, the gentleman at the desk let us know that the wedding party would be wrapping up shortly and apologized for any possible noise they may create. We thought that was very nice and considerate. Our room was on the first floor and was very quiet. Made for a good nights rest after a long flight.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Place is clean

We were put next to a window where you could hear all the noise fro a wedding oitside. Not the best place to go rest when they have events like that.

Place is clean

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

unsatisfactory
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When first arriving room was freezing so adjusted thermostat 2 degrees. Left for dinner and upon entering room it was more comfortable. However, sometime during the night the air conditioning unit stopped working. Awoke around 1:30 a.m. sweating. The a/c unit would not work. Couldn't open sliding door to get air as there's no screen. needless to say neither myself nor traveling companion got much sleep and we had to be up at 4:30 am.

Comfortable beds. Quiet and calm surroundings.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Don't plan on relaxing on the balcony- unless you like standing there with no room to move.

The balcony was so small I couldn't enjoy it, the overnight staff was crabby, there was a fire alarm over someone burning popcorn in the middle of the night. The restaurant is overpriced and offers food that the average traveler isn't interested in eating. The fridge was loud, and there were not many channels to choose from.

I liked the bed, the staff that registered me, and the room itself. The bathroom was nice, and the television was okay.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

nice place to stay for a conference

closer restaurants since I did not have a vehicle

this was a great location and close to my conference I could walk to my meeting restaurants and food were a little far to walk to but not too bad overall

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

it was not very clean, and we could not breathe in the room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

it was not very clean, and we could not breathe in the room. The air conditioning must have been very dirty. The beds were not comfortable and the hotel needs redoing.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

One night stand. It was fine for one night. I wouldn't want to stay much longer.

The toilet handle fell off the first time we tried to flush it. The coffee pot had a moldy smell.

The room was clean and nicely appointed. The restaurant food and service were great.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Hard bed...good price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

..The bed was too hard, I had a back ache all the next day, my frind had trouble sleeping all night. Really disappointing! .also the air vent in the bathroom was filthy.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

Convenient and comfortable

The TV remote control was very slow to operate, and the TV did not have the channels that we enjoy elsewhere. Also, the patio windows were discolored. We realize that it would be a major expense to replace them, but the discoloration gave a dingy appearance to the view, unfortunately.

Our room was on the back side of the building, overlooking two large ponds with ducks, geese, heron, and other water fowl. Very relaxing and fun to watch. We had a refrigerator and microwave in the room, which was very nice.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Disappointed in overall stay. Will reconsider using again.

We booked two rooms and only one was ready when we arrived at 3:30. The other room wasn't ready until 5:30. We were due to leave for our event at 6:20 and this hindered us getting ready. The bathroom wasn't cleaned very well and the second room also had to have the air unit changed. Which hindered our friends being able to sleep until almost 12. Over all I was very unhappy and embarrassed. We have used your hotels all of our married life and have been very disappointed in this one. We raved and talked you up to the friends we were traveling with only to have them inconvenienced due to room delays and faulty equipment.

The staff were helpful and eager to help correct issues.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Keep the Business Center and Foget the Laundry!

The "business center" consists of two computers and one printer in the middle of the lobby. They're turning the old business center - which was more private and useful - into a "laundry room". Makes no sense to me, but ...

The staff was always attentive and anxious to please.

The room was nice enough, and a good value. Staff was accomodating.

The restaurant/lounge is very dated and not inviting.

My flight canceled
    • King Room - Spa Bath

The rooms and the breakfast

Swimming pool

Comfortable beds and outdoor pool

No room service

Comfortable beds and outdoor pool

First choice hotel for staying in this area of the suburbs.

No problems.

The room was exceptionally clean and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud.

The view

Pool was not open ask for main floor and they gave me 3rd floor

The view

Hotel Was Very Nice

Bar was Spendy And Close at 10pm

Hotel Was Very Nice

Location, bed and breakfast.

Plumbing wasn't that good. Takes forever to get hot water and the toilet flush really slow

Location, bed and breakfast. Also staff was good

The air conditioning worked wonderfully!

That was really nothing that I didn't like about it it just wasn't anything special

Very quiet that's what I was looking for

Very quiet that's what I was looking for

Nice.

I booked this stay with breakfast included, but the booking.com website didn't include the breakfast bar.

Good stay for price and location. Would come back again

I enjoyed the call I received right when I got to my room. They knew to make sure the consumer was completely satisfied and that was great.

No complaints

Clean and comfortable

Wyndham Garden Schuamburg is within walking distance of the Convention Center.

Easy access from interstate. Ample parking. Accommodating & friendly staff. Comfortable bed & fluffy, cloud soft pillows. Clean room!

Nice stay. No problems