Reviews of The Scottsdale, Resort at McCormick Ranch 4 stars

7700 East McCormick Parkway, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, USA

#30 of 78 hotels in Scottsdale

Wonderful as always
    • Superior King Room - Poolside

The property is so beautiful and well kept. I love the layout of the resort and the landscape. The staff are so friendly and helpful. They’re quick to answer questions and are knowledgeable of the area. Our patio room was lovely. The bed comfortable and the bathroom was well stocked. Can’t wait to book another stay!

Worst experience at a high ckass place
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The whole experience of it just was sad i paid alot for dirty rudeness and disrespect

The room was dirty floors were very dirty i had to put the screen on the patio door the other group of guests crom a party were rude and a graduation party blocked areas and would not move to the side so we could pass valets wouldn't help me and im handicapped and they said pool was heated but was not it was so cold my daughter turned purple

Not amazing, not awful - very “meh.”
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There is an area with a separate (quieter) pool allllll the way at the end of the property. Our room was there. While the pool was lovely, the room could only be entered from the parking lot - and was up stairs, not enjoyable while carrying luggage. It’s a 5 or so minute walk from the front desk through the parking lot. And the room could use some serious updating. That being said, nothing was awful, but it sure as hell was NOT worth $300 per night!! Also, only the main pool had a bar/water cooler - which is fine bc I prefer the crowds stay over that way, but weirdly there is a menu on the wall next to the quiet pool with a phone next to it and yet food cannot be ordered. Front desk also said we could order food to the pool, and that was not the case. Would just have been nice to have a water cooler, if anything.

The main portion of the hotel is lovely. Both pools are nice too.

rooms too small.
    • Standard King Room

rooms too small..not worth the staying what we paid for the night..I expected more and the truth staying at a holiday inn etc would’ve been much better but

Relaxing, nice setting, great food, very friendly staff.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Booking.com said they had an airport shuttle and they haven't had one for 10 years...that's Booking's mistake. Really sorry there was no hot tub.

The staff were exceptional...pleasant, competent, and very accommodating. Beautiful pool area. Marna at the spa was outstanding.

Hotel was co for table and staff very friendly
    • Standard King Room

The cleaning staff were it too attentive. A plate with food was left outside for two days and no one thought of picking it up.

Hotel was co for table and staff very friendly

perfect!!!!!
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Golf View

we liked everything

the room was very large and beds very comfortable. The food was Outstanding! the staff was very friendly, the views were great. the lobby and the grounds were gorgeous

Would probably stay again but was a bit disappointed as compared to our last visit.
    • Standard Queen Room

Stayed with you folks 5 years ago. Price was slightly less and accommodations were better located. This time, felt like we had been relegated to the "back of the bus" in full view of the dumpsters, staff having a cigarette, garbage truck visit, etc. Missed the grapefruit trees.

The weather was great...thanks!

A very comfortable and pleasurable stay.
    • Standard King Room

The Ice Maker on our floor was not working at the time of our stay.

Since our stay was at the end of the year when there is a lot of sports on TV, we especially enjoyed sitting in the bar area at Happy Hour savoring good food & beverage while watching a game.

Very clean.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Old coffee makers. Please put Keurig coffee makers in rooms. Didn't like restaurant...service slow, food too pricy, selection limited. Need grab bar in shower.

Very clean. Large upscale lobby and spacious rooms. Plantation shutters on windows. Great Beds. Friendly staff. Especially front desk personnel and valets. Quiet location but convenient to shopping and restaurants.

Scottsdale Delight
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our stay was way to short to fully enjoy the property.

Upon arrival the staff was amazing. Helpful in every sense of the word. The room clean and the beds were amazing. It was hard to get up in the morning because the bed was so comfortable. I will most definitely stay here again.

Exceptional place with lovely views, kind and caring staff with beautiful rooms and service!
    • Standard King Room

The young gentlemen concierge were just wonderful, really pleasant & just nice - I missed my game & they were so kind to me. The beds - so comfortable, the room-service delightful & beautiful location

Disappointed
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I did not like the way they were talking to me as costumer I had problem with my booking and I booked the room twice and I talked to the manager I told him that I made it by mistake so please cancel one of my reservations and unfortunately he called me lier!!

To be honest nothing, I does not worth to try to stay there for even one night the hotel is so dusty and they did not even respect the people they make noise at morning!!!!!

Nothing horrible but not the best option.
    • Standard King Room

The room was large and comfortable but the property was quite dated. The radio had a dock for a large iPod, outlets were not convenient, lighting was poor, parking was inconvenient. There were no close by stairs or elevator to our second floor room. It did not seem like there were many fire exits and they did not seem well marked.

Unfortunately our time by the pool wasn't as enjoyable...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Unfortunately our time by the pool wasn't as enjoyable as it should've been. We couldn't even stay that long because of the disgusting cesspool smell near the bar/ bathroom area. The smell was so strong at times it almost felt like it was in your mouth as if you were tasting it. Very disappointing. There was one other time when we were walking inside the hotel where we smelled it again! Not okay. Seems to be they maybe have a plumbing issue.

Don't stay here are come at your on risk.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Valet parking, birthday gift they gave and the grounds, pools.

The beds are broken, and the mattresses was like sleeping in a sink hole. I complained to the front desk at least three times, they came and switch the mattress from one bed to the other bed. I complained again, at that time the manager of housekeeping came to visit, she didn't change the mattress until our last nigh here. Also they would not give us enough wash cloths and towels, we had to call three to four times, we even offered to come pick them up. The only great service was the valet parking guys, I rate them 10 out of 10, the grounds are beautiful, the lobby is beautiful, but when you get to the room, I could have stay in motel 6. I feel that for the amount I paid was not what I received. I will never, ever stay here again.

Nice little oasis in Scottsdale
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Front desk & valet staff were exceptionally friendly and accommodating. Nicely maintained property. Good sized, very clean and comfortable room.

Experience McCormick
    • Standard King Room

The gym was adequate but not for your gym regular.

The resort was gorgeous but the friendly staff made our stay. From the bartender remembering our drinks (days later), remembering our names to the staff really understanding customer service, I have to highly recommend this resort.

Great service, small pool.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

If you didn't make it to the pool area by 9:30 or 10:00am, don't count on getting a lounge chair by the pool that day.

Service and staff were very friendly & accommodating.

Wan't to bad and was great for the price, I guess.
    • Standard Queen Room

Self parking was only on tope of parking garage, exposed in the PHX sun. Outdoor bartender was pretty rude when asked for a food menu. Pool dining closed real early on a Friday afternoon. Room amenities were dated, not very luxury at all.

Location in Scottsdale was great. Appeared to be a couple of wedding parties going on. Pool was full of families. Front desk and indoor bartender were all awesome! Great resort for families with kids. Pool side band.

A relaxing fun enjoyable place
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The pool was very nice. Property is beautiful. The room was very nice. The restaurant was fun and very good brisket. Happy hour lobbying bar very nice. Staff was happy and very helpful. Loved it.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

A perfect place to stay for Spring Training

Our whole family was in Scottsdale to celebrate my husband's birthday. We all had adjoining rooms and they were wonderful and spacious. The Sunday brunch was very nice and the bar area was perfect for cocktails in the evening. The location was a few minutes north of town so it was quiet and close to the golf course.

Rooms tired. Not a resort. Poorly operated. Rate it 2 out of 5
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Property is very tired. Rooms Should have been redone 2 years ago. No spa, steam bath, sauna, or hot tub. Male barista in the morning made lousy drinks. Wifi spotty at best-several others commented to me when I asked. Saturday night bar was way understaffed to the point that the couple next to us walked out. Bartender and server did a great job but needed at least 2 more servers.

Patio bar

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Extremely noisy and drafty
    • Superior King Room - Pool View

It's a bit old and could use some modernization... the biggest issue is the noise factor these rooms are not isolated from noise at all. Also the front door's allow for cold air to come in and it's right near your bathroom

Good, but not great value.
    • Standard King Room

Rooms in the Stillman building are starting to show their age. Staff mentioned that this part of the facility has yet to be renovated.

Staff was very friendly; very helpful. It's a beautiful setting and centrally located to many area attractions.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Nice property but a little pricy.
    • Standard Queen Room

Pretty spread out property. Even though they remodeled in 2015 the style of the rooms are older. I thought it was priced high for what you got.

The location was good. They spent money upgrading the rooms. No charge for parking or internet.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Highly Recommend Scottsdale at McCormick Place
    • Standard King Room

Food was not great. Lots of wonderful restaurants close by.

Beautiful property with nice amenities included. Staff was friendly and helpful. We will recommend and be back.

Good stay
    • Superior King Room - Golf View

Somewhat noisy as near larger roads and some grass-cutting was going on. Tennis court is decommissioned.

Nice Spanish decor, comfortable bed and nice room. Liked the fire pit outside.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

excellent breakfast buffet;
    • Standard Queen Room

the so-called 'shuttle' service the hotel provides is really the bell boy driving you into town if available.. this is not as convenient as it sounds

excellent breakfast buffet; very spacious rooms although a bit dark

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

The room was very attractive, marble bathroom, sparkling...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We have been to many breakfast buffets in the US and abroad, and we found this one lacking in variety of choices. It felt more like a free Continental breakfast than a $19 meal. For example, there was one sausage choice and no ham. Also, there was not enough fruit or choices overall. Because we were disappointed in the breakfast, we decided not to eat any other meals at the resort.

The room was very attractive, marble bathroom, sparkling clean. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud. The room and hotel were very quiet. We initially were placed in the Stillman condo/casita and it was not the right fit for us. We talked with Christina at the front desk personnel and she promptly relocated us to the main resort location. We were thrilled with the change.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Beautiful resort, friendly staff
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room service is weak; limited menu and food comes in boxes and bags. Seems like a disconnect based on the other amenities of the property.

Staff was great. Very accommodating; beautiful hotel and grounds

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Eggs were lousy--overcooked and rock hard.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pool View

Bed sheets were tucked way too tight...we had to wrestle them undone in order to enter the bed with comfort---way too tight... bon fires were reallynice...pool, well kept, landscape five stars---outstanding...secufrity excellent---low key but around... We will definitely come back...

Eggs were lousy--overcooked and rock hard...burner was in overdrive...waffles sere average and not very hot...butter was rock hard...syrup was luke warm--orange juice was way too thick and artificial tasting... Cantaloupe and watermelon were delicious, fresh...

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Awesome Staff - Beautiful Resort
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pool View

The resorts was beautiful and the staff was THE BEST! Thank you for helping make it a great time having "Sisters' Weekend" with my two favs!

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Not what we were expecting.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We were put in a handicap room because of my husband's back. The lighting was poor. We used a flashlight from our rental car just to be able to see to make coffee. We stood in calf deep water to shower. This was our 4th stay here. We had to go to the pool bar for ice no one knew where the ice machine was. We discovered on our 3rd day that we could use the handicap parking that was just steps away from our room. We were told at ck-in we would have to park on the upper level because they were busy. I doubt we will stay here again.

Location was great.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

I loved the bed.
    • Standard King Room

I didn't know the stillman rooms were off to the side of the main hotel. So if you want to be in the resort area of the hotel (the main building), you may want to ask that you don't stay in the stillman area.

I loved the bed. And the location seemed To be in the middle of everywhere I wanted to go.

Uneventful. Ordinary pool. Quite far from shopping, etc.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Golf View

When I booked I was asked if I had a specific request. I requested three robes. Not there. Also the room was booked for three. Two coffee cups, two glasses ???

Nothing was special

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

nice weekend get-a-way
    • Standard Queen Room

More lounge pool chairs please

Every staff member was friendly, from the valet to the band . The facility was perfect , just what I needed for a relaxing weekend

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

A nice relaxing one night stay
    • Superior King Room

Some of the other guests were not that friendly/polite but that has nothing to do with the hotel itself.

The bed was super comfy! The room was very clean. The bell staff Tim and Paul were wonderful. The main pool is awesome. I was only there for one night but wish I could have stayed for longer.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Fantastic relaxing time
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel isn't really in walking distance to anywhere, so if you don't have a car it's a bit trickier. However, the hotel offers a complimentary shuttle service for up to 5 miles. The wifi in the room was a bit slow. However, the pluses far outweigh minuses.

The rooms are lovely and clean. The pool was amazing. The staff were very friendly. The food in the restaurant was tasty - we were here for a week so we tried a lot of things off the menu and it was all delicious. I definitely recommend this hotel if you want to relax.

We will be back and we will be highly recommending the hotel

Not enough parking

Bed is like sleeping on a cloud food is amazing and the service is just as amazing and the view is even more impressive.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Valet parking attendants were awesome. Each one were helpful but engaging. They were a great example of excellent customer service.

Never again

Too long to list here

Average-
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pool View

Had to pay for everything. At least coffee in the lobby in the morning. Rooms were nice for 3 stars, but not the quality of $ 300.00 a night.

Quiet and peaceful

Quiet and peaceful

Enjoyed available bikes and close proximity to green belt.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Enjoyed available bikes and close proximity to green belt.

No microwave in the room

No microwave in the room

It is a grand resort.
    • Superior King Room - Golf View

It is a grand resort. Lots of character

No coffee unless paid for.
    • Standard King Room

No coffee unless paid for. No newspaper. We’re told we had a balcony & did not.

We had a really nice and relaxing weekend at your hotel.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We did not have shower gel in the bathroom.

We all loved the bedding in the room. The pillows were heavenly.

Our stay was wonderful!

Everyone very friendly

Great short stay

Won’t be staying again
    • Standard King Room

Employee party in our bldg. loud and fighting

Easy access to main highways

Amazing
    • Superior King Room

I wish I could have stayed longer!

A beautiful environment

The staff helped make the stay really great! Everyone was extremely responsive to any request.
    • Superior King Room - Golf View

The entire staff was incredibly friendly!

I will stay here but won’t pay any more “resort fees”
    • Standard Queen Room

The resort fee has no value and is only to fee your customers Rooms are dated but they are clean

The staff is very nice

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Would come again, really enjoyed the one night stay I had

Would come again, really enjoyed the one night stay I had

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Loved it, great location and amazing staff!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was great. The staff were so helpful and friendly. Parking was a breeze and everything was so easy to get to.

Beautiful location, the bed was heavenly

The staff were expectional

Beautiful resort!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Beautiful resort! Very clean!

Great get away weekend, plan to stay longer next year.

Was great.

Very nice area and close to the event we attended.

Wonderful

Great stay

Great stay in a very nice location!

Great pool!

No complaints

No complaints

Beautiful hotel!!
    • Standard King Room

Lovely location. Hotel and rooms are stunning. Gayane at reception and Josh at the bar were excellent staff and made me feel very welcome.

• Standard King Room

Noise, no jacuzzi, not updated

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Best burger ever!!!!!!!
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Poolside

The pool table in our suite!! Was awesome

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Pool was very nice.

No hot tub

Pool was very nice. Good bar and live music.

No hot tub or jacuzzi

No hot tub or jacuzzi

The staff was great.
    • Standard King Room

This property is very dated and nothing at all like what was represented on the website.

The staff was great. Everyone was helpful and accommodating.

room pool.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pool View

bartender was not too pleasant

room pool. exercise room

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Golf course was close

Rooms are seriously dated

Golf course was close

The staff was very kind and full of smiles.
    • Superior King Room - Poolside

The facility is older than I thought

The staff was very kind and full of smiles. Always ready to help.

Room wasn't ready when it should have been
    • Superior King Room - Golf View

No amenitites in the room, no q-tips, cotton balls, shower cap, etc

Room wasn't ready when it should have been