Reviews of Hotel Adeline 4 stars

5101 North Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85250, USA

#70 of 78 hotels in Scottsdale

The food was great, location was great, hotel was cute and the pool was clean and really nice to relax at. Only thing I thought was off was with it being so hot in AZ would have been nice to have a fridge in the room. Someone did tell me later though most hotels will give you one if you ask. I just thought based on temperature it should be automatic. Other than that the hotel was great and I would stay there again.

the staff was extremely friendly and went above to make me comfortable. The room was very nice with updated decor. The Bed was comfortable and everything was very clean. No complaints from me. I recommend to anybody visiting area to try this hotel.

I couldn’t find anything bad at all.

The bed was awesome. Rooms and whole property was very clean. Food was amazing!!!!!!!! Pool was great. Everything was just redone and these guys knocked it out of the park. Everything about this place is awesome.

• King Room - Courtyard View

We thought having a pool view room would be nice but you couldn’t open the blinds without exposing the whole room. It was also very noisy.

The shower was great.

The front desk seems a little unknowledgable on a lot of things. It took awhile to check in and check out. There were some issues with payment and refunds to the wrong credit card etc.

Everything was great.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The noise level was bad... walls are paper thin and you could hear every movement of your upstairs neighbors. Air conditioning unit was LOUD, and repeatedly stopped working at night, leaving the room hot. I also had a refrigerator mysteriously appear in my room on the second day of my stay. It was plopped in the middle of the room, blocking the aircon unit. I called the front desk to tell them I didn’t ask for a fridge, and she said it was required to be in the room (I somehow got an ADA room). A staff member showed up and insisted that I move my things so that he could plug it in, even though I said I didn’t need it. It was also incredibly loud, so I ended up unplugging it. The entire thing was just bizarre.

Beautifully decorated, room service breakfast was good. Staff friendly. Check-in and check-out process was a breeze. Great consierge service.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Entire staff was extremely friendly, decorating was fabulous, clean rooms, comfortable beds, food was great quality and beautifully presented, great eating spaces as well. Workout room was well equipped and many options around the pool area.....bar, games, shady spots, sunny spots etc....I would stay here again if ever in the Scottsdale area. Location was great, walking distance to downtown and Lime bikes available to rent right outside. The hotel provided us with a $10 credit.

The food in the cafe and at poolside was delicious and the service was exceptional! Our room was comfortable and the location was ideal for our vacation itinerary. The hotel really knows how to attend to every detail to ensure that we were pleased beyond our expectations.

We had to pay 18$ a night to park in the very back of the hotel, or walk, no fridge in room, ice only in main lobby,

The bed, travel size shampoo and conditioner, shower, pillows

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Amazingly comfortable beds. Beautiful pool. Stylish lobby and decor throughout. Open and airy café and dining room. Not uptight or stuffy place. Two thumbs up!

Beautifully appointed resort-hotel. Central courtyard pool including lounge chairs, sitting areas and cabanas was lovely -- just steps outside our spacious suite. Restaurants on site were very good and service could not have been better. Open lobby and facilities for conferences or events. Will definitely return next time in Scottsdale.

This is a motel not a hotel. Free WiFi yet you pay $28 resort fee extra a day

Described when booked as a luxury pick hotel ! This is nothing more than an old motel renovated with a shallow pool nice light fittings and swanky chairs. The photos do not represent the hotel grim rooms facing car parks. 5 star hotel prices at the bar though but 1 star service they did not know difference between a rose wine and white wine. But for a corona beer and glass of poor cheap wine it was $25

This hotel is brand new and there are some obvious kinks management and staff are actively trying to work out. They are doing an excellent job and I can't wait to check out the progress on my next visit to Scottsdale

Staff was so nice, drinks were unique and delicious, the pool deck is awesome, really great place.

Loudest hotel I have ever stayed at. This is not being picky, the front wall is made of 1/4 inch wood, poor weather stripping (light shining all around the door), ancient cheap thin doors, single pane windows and any noise outside your room is now inside. Beautiful pool and nice renovation but cheaping out on the little things makes this hotel unbookable for repeat stays. In high traffic areas in hotel it is impossible to sleep, and the low traffic areas are creepy.

Staff was attentive but valet is overkill. There are 500 empty parking spots and this is a C grade hotel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very dark rooms, not enough light anywhere to put makeup on or shave. Rooms are very small, especially between bed and wall, Lots of houskeeping noise until 3 am on The bottom floor from parking lot side.

Restaurant Food was very Good even though Menu was small.

• King Room - Courtyard View

Because the hotel Is very new the pool wasn’t initially ready but we weren’t informed of that. The room didn’t have trash cans- I hunted one down myself from housekeeping. I called the desk asked for a bell cart and new room keys as we were getting a better room but none was sent - kind of blew me off. I was given 2 room keys but one didn’t work- the bell man knew this and blew it off. My room smelled like an old smoking room. Mostly growing pains / learning curve on their end - the night auditor did give us a night free of our three night stay- good especially since the room was being offered for 50 dollars less on Booking.com than what I was paying each night. Really missed having a hot tub .

The bedding was nice, the pool is large and the decor and outdoor furniture is beautiful . The restaurant/ menu is good. The outdoor gas fireplace is comfy.

No Ice machines. I found out this place is super new which I didn’t know so maybe they’re coming in the near future. And knowing that I understand that the staff etc is still all figuring stuff out. But the worst thing about this place is how thin the walls are. Paper thin. Could hear everything my neighbors were doing and saying. EVERYTHING. As if we were in the same room with them. Super uncomfortable to hear or be in our room as well.

The decor and the pool area.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The most uncomfortable sheets I have ever slept on. They were very itchy.

It was a convenient location for where I needed to be. The check in clerk was very friendly and I loved the pool area.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool was not heated , hotel does not tell you there is two pre authorisation Charges at checkout which can take upto 3-5 working days to be back into your account . Staff need to explain in better detail of this as some did not understand my question regarding this matter. Also need to update guests on any issues they are having with facility’s like the pool not being heated.

The new gym had plenty of training kit.

What did we like, that should be the question

Hotel was still under construction and should have not been taking reservation. Nothing was open or working not even our room. We were placed in a room that was under construction and didn't even have a tv yet!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The air kicked on for only a few minutes at a time, but really didn't cool the room. The tub plugged up and drained very slowly, which is pretty gross. We let the front desk know. We were given the site map with information on the side stating there was breakfast from 7-10 in the restaurant, but when we got there the front desk person stated they ended that 2 weeks before, which was pretty stressful for us because we were planning on eating quickly there and then had to find the location where our continuing education class was and drive there for it.

The bed wasn't bad.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

The MEGA NOISY Air-Conditioning. I pointed out to the manager as I never got much sleep. He apologised and said he would get it looked at by maintenance. However, nothing was done about it so we had another night's bad sleep.

The apartment was Nice a shame about the MEGA NOISY Air-Conditioning.

Everything else was wonderful. The staff were very friendly.

Bed appeared to be comfortable. The only thing we noticed we were there 2 nights is that the bottoms of our feet were black if we walked around the hotel room after a shower which means that carpeting is filthy and probably should be shampooed regularly or removed and tile floors put in.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Furnishings were old and dated. No refrigerator (in arizona, really?). Elevtrical connection was spotty and could not turn on the vanity lights in the sink area. Housekeeping was either too early or too late. No vending machines.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

The bar closed to early but then again it was a monday! 😀

Great room for the price! Clean, convenient, comfortable that exceeded all our expectations for the very short visit we had. Relaxing, welcoming, and will remember for next year when we are out this way for work.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• King Room - Courtyard View

The ice machines were old. The one for my section was broken. The WiFi signal was hit and miss. The on site Mexican restaurant served average food and over priced drinks.

See above ratings.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Courtyard View

I reserved two rooms for my daughter, her husband, and two grandchildren who were visiting az during spring break. Although I personally went to the hotel on two different occasions to talk with the hotel manager to be sure the rooms would be adjoining, upon checking in the rooms they were assigned were on opposite ends of the property. :( The hotel desk clerk said "Oh, the rooms are supposed to be adjoining? They are not." Poor customer service to say the least!

The location of this hotel is excellent. It is within walking distance of Fashion Square Mall and Old Town Scottsdale.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool area was beautiful, with very nice lounge areas. However, the pool was super cold. The hot tub was hot off and on, and was not very clean. Using the pool this time of year is a big part of the experience that we really look forward to, so that was kind of disappointing.

Great location and the staff was very nice.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

• King Room - Disability Access

It's just a small step away from being a crack den. Rooms smell like old flatulance. Pool isn't heated, hot tub isn't hot,and the Jets don't work. Just a rachety old dump.

Checking out...I loved that. Never be back.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

• King Room - Disability Access - Courtyard View

Upon arrival front desk personnel were having a bad day or were short handed as they were not very friendly and seemed a bit put out of us checking in.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

My room was assigned a second time, to someone else who had working keys WHILE i was in the room. 90% of staff are not hospitable at all. Tub in shower was clogged. Room serviced NEVER answered the phone.

The food at the restaurant was good and large portioned. The body mirror in my upgraded room was nice.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

No breakfast, dog howling under our second floor room, a early morning phone call from the desk asking if it was our dog....desk seemed lax, unconcerned that they had disturbed us, loud air conditioner, VERY cold water in pool!!

comfy recliners by the pool, clean rooms/bed, the cleaning people were very nice

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Bad luck that we got a room overlooking parking lot, not pool. (Din't like that we would have had to pay extra to upgrade for poolside)

The location was great. Close to restaurants, had a good restaurant. Walking distance to entertainment and shopping.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds , the tv was terrible, the toilet was lose and the water rain in the tub continuous. No refrigerator, no microwave, the hair dryer was horrible and was scared to use it.

• King Room - Disability Access

Air conditioner was VERY loud. The toilet seat wasn't attached properly. Coffee in lobby wasn't always available. Pool was quite cold but pool area was very nice.

Room was clean and bed was comfortable. It is close to downtown old Scottsdale so we were able to walk to many places which helped solve parking issue. Pool area was nice.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

The room is divided from the closet, sink, and toilet/shower area by a sliding barn door that blocked nothing out. So, if someone was using the toilet, and another wanted to retrieve something from the closet, there was no privacy. A handle broke from that sliding door, one couldn't stop the phone from blinking that there were messages waiting, but one couldn't retrieve those messages; there was not a hotel amenities guide, not TV guide, nor telephone book (I like to orient myself in a new place by looking at what's available by checking out the yellow pages). The air conditioner worked, thank goodness, but made such a racket that quiet conversation was difficult. None of these things were addressed while we were there, even though we reported them or asked for a phone book. My overall feeling is I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

It was easy to get places from the hotel, the major reason we chose it. The cleaning staff was super nice and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Carpet was so dirty we had to wear socks to keep our feet clean. Our room was next to office for the cleaning staff. They made a lot of noise. A couple of times they received deliveries and the noise was unreasonable as they tossed boxes around from a pallet outside in to the office. There wasn't anything in the room to describe the amenities or explain where they were, like the very small workout room, or suggestions for entertainment or restaurants and no one mentioned anything during check in. The room was very dated and the bed seemed to sag in a few places. I would not stay at the Scottsdale Inn again.

Good location.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

• King Room - Courtyard View

Nothing worked. Coffee machine never worked. Fridge didn't work until I pulled it out and found it disconnected. Plugged it in and it froze all my food. TV almost impossible to turn on or off. No directions! AC too noisy to leave on at night.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

• King Room - Courtyard View

Housekeeping could have provided better service. Never enough towels, we had to ask for more toilet paper and Kleenex.

The location was excellent, nice place to stay.

• King Room - Courtyard View

- Did not like having to get a new key almost everyday. Even keeping them away from electronic devices didn't work. - Front desk staff had a "meh" attitude about everything. - Not enough chairs by the pool for even half of the guests.

Location. Close to downtown, freeways and walking paths.

We had a little disappointment finding out the exterior rooms had no refrigerators and the ice machines were on and off- as the temps were in the upper 90's.... However we found a helpful employee who found us a fridge and we were completely comfortable for our 3 days😊

The pool area is wonderful- really a resort feel without the resort cost! Try the tortilla soup at the connected Mexican Restaurant! It's the best I have ever had!!

• King Room - Courtyard View

Inside rooms were renovated and modern and clean. Discount at onsite restaurant was a nice bonus. Pool was really nice and wish I had more time to enjoy.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• King Room - Courtyard View

Pool was clean but pretty cold. Could use a few more lounge chairs around pool during high season. Would have been nice to have a complimentary breakfast instead of a 20% off coupon for onsite restaurant. We didn't try the restaurant during our stay, but it seemed popular during happy hour.

Smaller low key hotel. Friendly staff. Lovely grounds with older palm trees and flowering jasmine. Good location.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

There was a faint smell of stale cigarette smoke in the room, even though it was a non smoking room.

The room was extra large and in a great location within the property.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The 3 rooms we got moved to were dirty and dressers broken,showers leaked, no refrigerator or free breakfast, like it said online. They have no elevators so you have to carry your bags up & diwns stairs. Not good for handicap people. Then we got moved to the young people party area and they kept us up till 4:00 am partying.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Ability to wash clothes, although there was a laundry room, 1 of 2 dryers were out of order the entire time. Same with the ice machines......only one had ice. And it appeared the motel was full. Our ice bucket had no insulation, therefore the ice melted quickly and required constant refilling....a major annoyance. They finally gave us an insulated ice bucket by taking it from another room. When we reported this to the front desk, they advised a big upgrade was going to happen in the near future. I doubt this because I believe they are just trying to placate guests and had no real answers from management. When we asked to speak to the manager 'on duty', she was never available. We asked more than once and at different times of day. I did like the front desk staff who were always available, congenial, and pleasant. The local news reported that the temperatures in Scottsdale during our stay were 14 degrees above average. I hoped this might motivate the management to make the appropriate modifications to accommodate paying guests. FYI - the room cost was approx. $125.00 per night plus tax. No breakfast included. There is an independent restaurant on-site I know there are several options for hotel stays in Scottsdale. You may want to consider another property. Toni Moore

location to the Scottsdale stadium

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• King Room - Courtyard View

Location felt like we were in a business area. No real view, not for a vacation, maybe a quick business trip.Pool was dirty and unheated. I asked why it wasn't heated and they said it was because it was March. Water was way to cold to go in. Also asked if was going to be cleaned, they said it was, next morning, NOT. We left early

Room was completely redone, very nice , large and comfortable. Room faced the courtyard which was pretty, lots of places to relax. Attached Mexican restaurant had great food and service

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The walls are quite thin we could hear people at all hours as we were the first room next to the car park on the ground floor. Made it hard to get a full nights sleep

Comfy beds, good gym facilities and great location for running outdoors. Staff at front desk very friendly despite issue with our credit card. Papi Chulos restaurant was great value and included 20% of breakfast for hotel guests!

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

• King Room - Courtyard View

Our air conditioner was very noisy, at first thought it was going to stop working, but just realized that's how it worked. The tub had rust in it and constantly dripped.

We were here for our 1st spring training adventure, found the location to be excellent. We liked the courtyard, pool area for relaxing.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

• King Room - Courtyard View

The linens were old and tired, from the lumpy duvet to the scratchy towels.

The price was considerably lower than anywhere else in Scottsdale during Spring Training, but the grounds were still very attractive.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Please invest in actual duvet covers not just two random sheets which dont stay in place...I don't want to touch the matress or duvet which a million gross people be for me have touched

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not at all what I expected. Very pricey. Front desk person was uninterested in helping us. Lights didn't work in the room and we had to wait for maintenance after 20 hours of travel. Small beds. Loud - could hear conversations CLEARLY in both the rooms on either side of us and as people walked by. Bathroom floor was not clean.

Location. Restaurant staff was accommodating.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Heated pool would be better Bathroom was very much in need of a reno

Fantastic location, walking distance to old Scottsdale area. Nice pool area but was not heated when the weather is chilly.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

More like a motel than an inn. No microwave. No refrigerator. No safe. Light switches were on the verge of totally not working. One morning I had to flip the bathroom mirror switch about 10 times before it worked. Burn mark from an iron in the carpeting. Poor quality toiletries. No makeup mirror. Poor quality hair dryer. I would not book through booking.com again. The price I paid for an exterior room was what the property was charging for an interior room, so I thought I was getting a room facing the courtyard. It's something that I couldn't tell online. Instead we were put in the section farthest away from everything. It worked out okay, but I feel that we were misled. Had I realized this, I would have booked through the hotel itself.

Location was very good. Price was good. Pool area looked like it had been upgraded. Bed was comfortable. The room was clean.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

I prefer firmer pillows. They were all the same squishy type. There should be a variety. The coffee service is a good idea, but the powdered creamer made the coffee undrinkable.

The room was comfortable and clean. I appreciated the hair dryer and ironing board.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Extremely rude staff and unaccommodating. Non remodeled room was dirty, disgusting, and was clearly a smoking room. The door wouldn't even close! 2 men from maintenance fixed it by actually bending the door to make it fit! Front desk had two extremely rude employees whose only solution was for us to pay for an "upgraded" room (which we were told we had when we booked). We did and were severely disappointed. Incredibly noisy hotel room, paper thin walls. We could hear the neighbors conversations. Construction at 7. Gardeners with blowers at our door at 8. Very frustrating.

Location. That's it. 3.8 is solely for the location.

• King Room - Courtyard View

Hot tub NOT hot. Wi fi in our room NEVER worked. Housekeeping staff skipped our room the first day, didn't clean it til 5 PM the next day. Very poor service, staff couldn't care less. Unless you're desperate, do not stay here!

Pool area was nice.

hotel did not have bottled water for the time we were there-facility was good and acceptable but not over the top in any fashion

bed was FIRM-RESTAURANT is not company owned-acceptable at best

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• King Room - Courtyard View

Staff when we first arrived did not tell us general info! Check out where ice machine was located. Restaurant availability etc.

Clean. Could use a new tub!

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Courtyard View

Internet did not work for the whole night, very disappointing... I mean come on. Ugly exterior to the rooms and hallways.

The layout was good and rooms were remodelled but smelled like stinky paint!

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Bed was terribly uncomfortable. Bathroom fan was not working. Tv screen has weird staining seen while it was on. Carpet had a burn scar from someone placing a hot iron on it and the door didn't seal and daylight could be seen through it.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Noisy, noisy, noisy, guests coming and going through the night, metal stairs and hall way did not buffet noise. my room was located outside the parking lot, disturbed by generator from parked RV, when I complained the staff did get the RV to move. Heating, air conditioning unit noisy, hard to sleep with it on. Bathroom was out of date, only one chair in room, no place to sit except on bed. No outlet near bed to plug in phone/computer, only outlet was across the room. disappointed.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

The front desk lady gave me a key for the wrong room. She also offered no directions to the room, usually not a big deal, however at this location its was a pain. After looking for my room I opened the door to a open suitcase and could hear the shower running. I went back to the front desk, the lady who gave me the wrong key to began with acted like I was a bother when I let he know what had happened. I didn't waste time with her, I had the correct key programmed and went to my room. If your on the second level be prepared to pack your luggage, there are very few staircases. The location was great, that's it though, I will make it a point to avoid staying there in the future.

The location was nice, not much else.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

No plugs by the bedside. Loud air conditioner. Sat by front desk listening to people complain about things not working in rooms and the pool heater being broken. Door was very hard to open. Girl at front desk had very little personality. Not very courteous.

Friendly cleaning lady.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

There is a big difference between rooms that overlook the pool and those that overlook a nearby parking lot. Also, the rooms are not consistent. My friend had a room that looked updated with a coffee pot. Mine was beaten up with no coffee maker.

Restaurant was fine.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

• King Room - Courtyard View

Rooms very clean, service excellent, location close to so many things we needed. Pool area very relaxing. Good restrauant Papi Chulos attached! Will go back

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Room neededsome extra care. Lampshades needed replacement,bathroom door was badly scratched the paint under was exposed and the tub had black mold at 3 places where the it was caulked also a hole in the wall in bathroom (a doorstop would help).

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• King Room - Courtyard View

check-in person... 1st nite.....not a people person......you get the feeling he's doing us a favor for letting us stay there! ....somewhat demeaning personality. Then the room heat didn't function..temperature outside in 40s...no maintenance.. .changed to another non smoking room(strong smell of smoke)...also clerk questioning if room really smelled!!......changed to another room worked out fine.... i've stay in motel, hotels for thousands of room nites...never had to pay a room damage deposit except in mtn or ski resort properties...very strange! i explained all to check-out staff...but went right over there head.....other businesses would have at least offer some sort of compensation for the inconvenience of having moving luggage to change rooms twice.... late in the nite at 45 degrees.

some other employees very pleasant , restaurant breakfast very good..very good breakfast cook.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• King Room - Courtyard View

Very noisy at times with people stopping, running or talking outside door around 2AM, 3:30AM etc. No breakfast offered. Bathtubs needs to be updated.

Beds were comfy, and good location in proximity to our Phoenix office

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

When I checked in, they put in a room that did not smell fresh, walls in bathroom had scratches on it. The lights did not work, the telephone did not work. We complained to management. Someone came to fix the lights, needed bulbs , telephone line did not work. They put us in a room that had been renevated as it smelled better, painted and that. We felt better in that room. Noisy bathroom fan.

The restaurant was good. Food very tasty, had breakfast three times. Supper, Mexican was good, margarita so so.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

The staff to check in were very rude and unwilling to help. They don't tell you regardless of payment method you must run a card for either half or the full amount. The surrounding area and the fact that we only stayed one night were the only pluses, word to the wise you get what you pay for.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

I will never stay here again. The place was an absolute dump for the amount of money I paid. The door to the room was broken, bed was extremely uncomfortable, paint was chipping off the walls, pubic hair all over the shower, and room was not clean.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

It was an updated Days Inn. The doors need to be replaced so that little creatures cannot get inside. The restaurant on site was disappointing.

The property by the pool was beautiful.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

It's a motel. Thats why its so cheap. If you don't mind a crummy motel, this place is for you as the locay can't be beat (walk to fashion square.)

Great customer service. Front desk people are awesome and will help you out.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

We arrived at 5:00 pm and the rooms were still not ready. We were traveling with friends and our rooms were on opposite sides of the hotel. The staff was not helpful at all when we questioned why the rooms weren't ready. Stayed the first night in really bad rooms. The next morning another staff member was very helpful and said he could change our rooms. When we returned later that day the same staff that was there when we checked in said he couldn't change our rooms. When I insisted on seeing the manager, he finally changed our rooms. Upon checkout, the staff asked us how our stay was. I responded "not good" and they did not even ask what the problem was or if there was anything they could do. Very dissatisfied. Would not recommend to anyone. The bar told us it was state law that they closed at 10 PM. After asking other establishments about that we found out they just did not want to stay open later. It was not a pleasant experience at all.