Reviews of Sea Dunes Oceanfront 1 stars

6.2

5.5

5.3

• Efficiency with Side View

When given our room someone was already in it. Had to go back and get another one. When finally in our room it had not been cleaned. A big pile of Tabasco was on the floor in the corner. The carpet in front of the bathroom was soaked with water but other then that it was a good stay

I loves that the beach was so close and that you could walk to any where

• Efficiency with Side View

Internet worked intermittently, carpets could use a good shampoo and bathrooms a bit small. Kitchen could use some sprucing up. Cabinets were falling apart.

Beds were comfy. Beach was super close no roads to cross. Pool was nice.

• Efficiency with Side View

The room had a slight chlorine smell but it wasn’t too bad

I liked the location of the hotel and the easy access to the family kingdom and other attractions

• Double Room with Side View

the bathroom and the fact that you can hear everything going on in adjacent rooms.

you get what you pay for. staff was friendly. cleanliness was lackinf. bathroom was very outdated.

• Efficiency with Side View

I did not like my first impression when I pulled up, there were some shady characters standing outside. But we had no issues while we were there and the beds slept great.

I liked that the staff was extremely friendly and welcoming.

• Double Room with Ocean Front

I pulled the sheets back, and there was hair in the bed. Had to call housekeeping. The air condition wasn't working. Had to bring in two units because the 1st one didn't work either.

The head of housekeeping is nice and understanding.

• Double Room with Side View

I did not feel safe staying there. The other guest that where staying there were drinking yelling , cursing. When you came out of your room people were standing around smoking and blocking the walk ways.

Cheap and a great location

• Double Room with Side View

The staff was excellent! I thoroughly enjoyed the location of hotel. It was near amenities and also the beach. I will be traveling back to stay there!

• Double Room with Ocean Front

There was 2 large motels in front couldn't see the beach as it SD we could the pictures did not show the other buildings it showed beautiful of the beach. And one room looked as if someone had kicked the door in. Just was a waste for the amt of money I paid for these rooms and I asked for the rooms to be side by side and they were down the hall from each other. Would not stay here again would give 0 stars if could

• Double Room with Ocean Front

Although the room was cleaned, there was a washcloth previously used under our sink when we got there. The shower curtain looked as if it had blood stains on it that someone at least tried to scrub off. The walls in the room looked dirty but it may have just been from age.

The balcony view was great. Being on the beach and close to the boardwalk was very nice. The beds were also very comfy.

• Double Room with Side View

They have a kitchen....however there are no pots, pans or dinnerware. The kitchen was one of the main reasons I booked with this hotel. The room had a smell to it. Thank God I brought my scented candle. The shower was less than clean. Hair was in the tub. Carpet was dirty. We had to walk around with shoes on anytime we where in the room. It could use an update to the rooms.

The staff was awesome. Very friendly and helpful. The hotel was right on the beach.

• Double Room with Side View

.It was a terrible the room smell so bad plus the batgroom wes not clean.i will not make reservations with booking /com again. I think that we should get a refund the place was so bad

• Double Room with Ocean Front

i enjoy Ms.Chandler, she checked me in and she was so very pleasant to me, was like i know her all my life. she was a awesome front desk personnel. i will return again.

• Double Room with Ocean Front

Dirty bathroom. No reception to WiFi. Kitchen with rotten wood. No housekeeping. Had to clean own room. Was there a week in MISERY because no refunds. Staff rude and ignorant unfeeling zombies . no assistance to disabled. I'm unable to clean my own home and certainly don't go on vacation to clean your hotel rooms. Please don't go here.

There's nothing to like. But inspection by health department

• Double Room with Side View

See above for my concern wrong box reply. Positive. Sam was awesome with the right attitude housekeeping rocks. Even when we all have issues we shall greet people with respect all people and the evening security did not.. Maintenance. Was on it and good timing and fixed the problems with a very generous smile. Front desk awesome 😥😑😁😎😎😎

The evening security guy was not smiling, and when he did say something it was ugly, (no need t for anyone) to say anything negative to a touriis )he said that if i didn't like the service I could go somewhere else.

• Double Room with Ocean Front

No elevator and no assistance (3rd floor), nasty dirty kitchenette, no ice machine, no coffee maker (and when I requested one, I was just handed a big old broken dirty one in the lobby). No toiletries in room, no extra towels (they said they ran out), balcony door won’t lock, dirty and sketchy overall. I opted to pay more for the room with an oceanfront veiw, and it overlooked the nasty pool also.

It was a beachfront hotel

• Efficiency with Side View

Areas closed that should have better access especially since they supposedly cater to the disabled

Draws you into a place you can't get out of without losing your money so you're forced to stay.

• Double Room with Ocean Front

The kitchen had nothing to cook with , the microwave didn't work. We stayed there 4 days not one time did they come up to clean had to go down and ask for Clea towels and it took 2 days to get them. Clean towels in 4 days only once. No coffee pot in the room.

The view was great, the beds were nice.

• Efficiency with Side View

I didn't like that I was promised a 3rd floor Ocean View room with a kitchenette and didn't get it.

I liked the property because it was near the ocean. I like the property because of the facilities around it. I love that the property was a few walks from the beach.

• Double Room with Side View

It smelled like the room was sprayed with Roach spray right before we checked in so strong it gave me a head ache

Nothing!! The Bathroom door has a big hole at the bottom the covers were very thin & dingy looking

• Efficiency with Side View

Run down, not clean, phone didnt work, smoke alarm was beeping, no one could figure it out changed battery still beeped,tub drain would not work so had to shower, no one came for two day to clean room we had to go to front desk to get towels. No elevator so jave to carry everything up steps. Will not stay there again

Good location. Staff was friendly

• Double Room with Ocean Front

It was very dated. It needs paint and needs a good deep clean. The only nice thing I can say about this hotel is that the staff were so nice and the location was perfect!

The staff there were very nice! My room was dirty when I got there and they accommodated me by giving me a different room.

• Efficiency with Side View

It was very nasty , old, old furniture. Trash in the corners, cigarette butts behind the toilet, balls of trash under the table, shower very nasty with hair in it, windows very nasty and the room was dusty and smelled. Heater wasn't working. I hope to God I never have to stay there again !!!!!!!!!!

• Efficiency with Side View

The kitchenette was filty. I didn't want to touch anything. Cupboards had food dripped on them No coffee maker. The tub had been painted and was peeling. The bathroom floor was dirty. Dirty outside the door walkway.

Beds were comfortable.

• Double Room with Ocean Front

The phone did work, you couldnt take a bath no way to fill the tub. It had a kitchenette,no pot or pan or dishes.

The room was clean and a view of the ocean. It was right on the pool side.

• Double Room with Ocean Front

VERY dated...dead roaches in the heating unit..nit vert clean...no hair dryer....no ice AVAILABLE to guest. No maid service except for clean towels.

Black out curtains..and bed was comfortable.

• Double Room with Ocean Front

no ice machine, had to buy a bag of ice from front desk if you wanted it. No elevator, so had to climb 3 floors with luggage in and out. I have bad back, would have been good to know up front.

Ocean front, very clean, nice pool.

• Double Room with Side View

I saw roaches in my room later that night to over in the morning when I finally laid down, also I was advertised and booked for a room with full refrigerator and stove ..and the room next door had that but the room I was giving did not ..it had a portable small refrigerator and a microwave and that's it..I was very disappointed when came out next morning and saw room curtains open and I saw that one of the rooms that was advertised was next door..

The area, staff was nice room was clean..

• Double Room with Ocean Front

The first room we were pit in stank of mold and appeared to have mouse feces in the cabinets. Very dirty. The second room was better, but was still a bit dirty. All in all it was not terrible.

Closeness to the beach. Proximity to Myrtle Beach attractions.

• Double Room with Ocean Front

Well, when we walked in the door of the first room, 214, the kitchen had been remover and a moldy looking chair was sitting there. the beds were not made, the carpet was filthy ! There was a deep crack in the floor between the two beds. There were no dishes, coffee pot , hair dryer or anything ! So we asked for another room. Room 316 had the kitchen , but no dishes or pots. When we took a shower , the towel I was going to use had long dark hair on it ! I had to pick them off before I could use it ! That creeped me out !! Needless to say we checked out Saturday AM, no questions asked, but I told the lady anyway. I WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN !!

the two ladies that worked at the front desk were really helpful and nice, that is the only good thing I can say about this property. I have pics I can send if you want them.

• Double Room with Side View

Piss poor management considering they didnt get my reservation right even after 15 phone calls and the day of check still wouldnt fix the issue.

Ocean

• Efficiency with Side View

This place is very old and nasty. It needs to be torn down and rebuilt. Office lobby smelled. Rooms smelled. Doors were broke down and would not close. TV wasn't very clear.

Not much.

• Double Room with Side View

The motel was absolutely DISGUSTING!!!!! The bed was full of hair, there were dead bugs in our room, moldy food on the floor, trash on the floor, dried something (it looked like vomit) on the floor, cracked ceiling, dirty bathtub, and it stunk even after I used half a can of Lysol in the room. The worst part was the air conditioner was full of visible mold!!!!

The location of the property was fine. The staff were friendly and accomadating.

• Double Room with Side View

There is nothing that I didn't like. We all enjoyed our stay

The fact that everything you need during your stay is within walking distance. It's clean and the staff is very friendly

• Double Room with Side View

The carpet was filthy needs to be shampooed and the bathroom tub was disgusting need to be replaced. Other then that my stay was ok.

It was by the beach.

• Efficiency with Side View

Room was dirty and things were broken, smelled like mold. Sewage broke down and had to be fixed. They left the door open all morning and that let bugs in later that night and we had to leave early and drive clear back to WV at 2 in the morning. Terrible stay.

Was close to the beach.

• Double Room with Side View

The toilets backed up and all the human waste was in the parking lot, I had to wash poop away from my vehicle to get in it . Also there was mold in bathroom and living room

• Efficiency with Side View

I did not know this was a smoker's motel. We are non-smokers and my daughter is sensitive to cigarette smoke. The rooms are close together and there were lots of guests smoking outside their rooms and our room smelled heavily of cigarette smoke. My children smelled as if they had visited a bar. The bathroom had a warped door at the bottom and there was no vent cover in the bathroom~~just a big hole in the ceiling. This property is close to a high-rise facility and you couldn't open your curtains due to someone outside always looking in.

I liked the location of the property. It was close to restaurants, family entertainment, the beach, the pool, and whatever else you could think of. There are ash trays in every room.

• Double Room with Ocean Front

Room could have been a little cleaner upon arrival. Its one of the older hotels, so a little more repairs and updating would be nice.

Oceanfront! Lowest price for the week I stayed. Close to everything.

• Double Room with Side View

Facilities are dated. Kitchen unusable ( stove ) A/c didnt work well. Parking horrible. Pool nasty. Overall room okay for a place to lay your head. I always bring my own linens and cleanibg supplies no matter where i stay... For this place i recommened it. We stayed a week and were okay with room... Very spacious. Location will change next stay - more north definitely! !!

Okay pricing, pricey on weekends though. Close to beach.

• Double Room with Ocean Front

Pool should have been cleaned at least 2 times so many people in and out caused it to be a little more dirty than usual

Everything was just fine outstanding stay at sea dunes thank you so much !!

• Double Room with Side View

I didn't like the fact that the facility rented out the room next to us, and there looked to be three families in the one room. We could not open our curtains because they were all sitting there blocking our doorway. They had their towels, underwear, swimsuits and other articles hanging on the balcony, again keeping us from looking out. In the other room to the left of us there was another family with kids. They kept trying to open the door between both rooms. When we called the office to tell them about it, it seemed as if it was no big deal. For the money that I paid, my trip sucked. I'll never stay there again, and I'll tell others that I know, not to stay there as well.

Being close to the boardwalk.

• Double Room with Side View

The room was nasty the hotel outside was dirty. I was there for 3 days NO ROOM SERVICE. There were homeless people bothering some of the guests. The air conditioning units were kept inside and because of that the floor was soaked. It was just a bad hotel overall!

Absolutely NOTHING!

• Double Room with Ocean Front

Cleanliness was lacking, overall. I'm usually not finicky with being comfortable in hotel rooms, but the door looked as if it had been kicked in at some point, chain lock was broken, moulding was busted up. TV remote was nasty, couldn't look out our sliding glass window because moisture had gotten into the double pane-- making it completely fogged over. Loud neighbors, might have been a few extended stay residents?

Location location location! staff was nice, let us park our bike by the office. Pool was decent. Looked like a new countertop in the bathroom.

• Efficiency with Side View

1st Rm Was on 1st Floor went In Close The Door There was A Wide Crack In Door Look Like Someone Had Broke In The Room Got Move To 2nd Floor Ocean Front They Tryed To Charge Me Extra For The The Ocean Front But I Refused To Paid extra Because I was Already Over charged Ppl where hanging out around the building all Nite Doing Want they wanted really didn't know why they had security I didn't feel secured plus no Safe was in the room had to get maintenance to hammer trim around the door because again Door had been kick in before smell of mold was really scared to leave room with valuables in there so we took turns leaving even though they had cameras this place is in a great location but it needs major updating the staff was nice I'm giveing them a 2 star one for staff one location I don't know why it's saying 4.3 star because that's "NOT TRUE"

• Efficiency with Side View

No complementary ice (ice machine). Room wasn't very clean & wasn't cleaned or beds made, but one time during our 6 night stay. No dishes or pots/pans in the efficiency kitchen.

The beds were very comfortable!

• Double Room with Side View

Rooms were falling apart and the furniture in the room was nasty.

It was a horrible run down dump. Never going back to this motel. Wish we had stayed somewhere else.

• Efficiency with Side View

Building is old and needs updated. Wood trims were rotten from water damage and our carpet was wet from room above. Kitchenette needed updated and there was no coffee pot. Would not return unless Renovated.

Location to beach, clean pool, and staff was very friendly and accommodating. Any issues we had were just due to the age of the property. The building is old, leaky, and in decline. We never saw a single bug and the beds had mattress covers.

• Double Room with Side View

We stayed 4 days, we had to ask everyday for someone to come and at least throw out trash away. Had to ask for clean towels everyday. You're suppose to get a cleaning service everyday. Never once did soeneone come to clean our room.

Very good location, within walking distance to stores, entertainment and food. Right on the beach. You get what you pay for.

• Double Room with Ocean Front

The pool was kind of nasty but with all the people getting in and out of it that's understandable. Everything else was perfect

We loved that it was cheap oceanfront rooms with beautiful views. It was a little outdated but that was no problem for us.

• Double Room with Side View

Rooms need maintenance (in ours the bathroom door was busted and the light fixture in the bathroom had water leaking from it), air conditioner needs cleaned, rooms could be cleaner, didn't provide ice and no coffee. The pool needed a stronger filter system, it was dirty.

Closeness to the beach. Staff was nice

• Double Room with Side View

Well we got a smokers room when asked for a nonsmoker, we didnt get oceanfront so didnt have a view.

The only thing i liked was that the beach was so close.

• Efficiency with Side View

All except I bought the reservation for 8 people but when get it there only got 4 people if I get an bigger room have to pay extra money and I have told them I have the reservation for 8 people's but they want me to pay more for an bigger room

all except

• Double Room with Side View

It has no elevator. It was a struggle getting your luggage to your room. Bathroom was kinda small and tight.

Rooms was clean and Staff was super nice. It also has Security guards on property.

• Double Room with Side View

The parking was a little bit to small. Granted they are near the water front people could have been parked there for the beach, I ended up having to park in the 10 min parking zone and making sure my car was not going to get towed. However, the lot was easy to navigate!

The staff was very friendly and I enjoyed my stay and will like to visit again!

• Double Room with Side View

There was no elevator available to use on property. There was no room service and u had to ask for clean towels. The bathroom needs work the tub faucet was linking water constantly.

The bed was very comfortable. I liked the side view. The stay was pleasant.

• Double Room with Side View

Had to go to front desk everyday for something (towels, toilet paper, etc) need better house keeping . Was very inconvenient but other than that it was a fine stay

• Double Room with Ocean Front

We did like the location and the view.

It was not the room that I booked. I wanted the room with stove.tv did not show well at all.front desk person always said she would call us back and never did.And there was no elevator and we were on 3rd floor.

• Double Room with Side View

The refrigerator was broken, froze everything. Bathroom had no soap. Had to buy our own. The Def. showed flood damage. Bottom of door was rotted. Some kind of mold in places.

Room was ok. The lady who does the towels was awesome. She collected the towels every day and made sure we had clean ones. She was very friendly. Give that lady a raise . She is a hard worker.

• Efficiency with Side View

We had no towels when we arrived and had to go down twice and ask for them. Out took a total of 3 hours to get towels. They never came in and changed the sheets or cleaned up.

It was right on the ocean.

• Double Room with Ocean Front

The hotel was not clean. We had no shower curtain and when we called about getting one they had us come to the front desk to pick it up rather than delivering it. The room was called "Ocean Front Efficiency". There was a refrigerator, stove and microwave but no silverware, plates or pots and pans. We were very disappointed in the property.

The bed was comfortable.

• Double Room with Ocean Front

I was on oceanfront view but at the bottom floor and couldn't see the ocean just the pool and cars.bur I know that's not anything bad,I just like to take pictures and couldn't from the room.

I liked the way the house keeper helped when so needed things she was so very nice.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Double Room with Side View

The rooms were not kept clean. Pretty sure there is mold all over that just gets painted over. The first room we were given still had hair stuck to the shower wall and in the bathroom sink. Obviously the bathroom was never cleaned. The second room.... smoking room because that was what was left.... AWFUL. I just recently quit smoking so smoke smell doesn't bother me, however this was almost unbearable. We left the door open for 3 hours the first night to try and air it out and it still didn't make much of a difference. Bought air fresheners and carpet powder to try to make it tolerable. It didn't help much.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Double Room with Side View

Noisy, and unclean. Room wasn't cleaned any during the stay, the guests in surrounding rooms were incredibly loud, the ceiling in the bathroom was falling in, comforters had cigarette holes. Said deposits of $50 required for guests under 25, we were still charged even though we were over 25. Definitely a cheap, rundown hotel apparently ideal for partying. We checked in and we're given a room key and the room wasn't even clean or ready. Bathroom was unclean and in need of renovating.

On the beach

• Efficiency with Side View

Housekeeping staff was horrible. Had to go get our own towels and wash clothes, our room was never cleaned, trash taken out or bed made the entire time we were there

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Efficiency with Side View

Dirty,old, things didn't work, stained linens, holes in the comforter to much to add don't waste your money go some where else I don't know how they passed health inspections

The only good thing about this hotel was that it was on the beach

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Efficiency with Side View

The room was cleaned 3 times the whole week. The phone was ripped out of the wall so we couldn't call the office. You have to walk out on the beach to use the wifi. People in the room next to us tried getting in our room multiple times banging and trying to unlock the connected door inside the room. The carpet in the room was so filthy it turned my daughters feet black. The pool was shut down by the health department. When we complained the manager was supposed to get back to us it has been 3 days now and nothing

• Double Room with Ocean Front

The room smelled a little funky and entryway also smelled

We enjoyed having the pool and ocean only a few steps away. The staff was really friendly. The pool was enjoyable

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Double Room with Side View

The price when we got there was half what we had paid by renting on line. The motel was not very clean and service was very poor. Rooms not cleaned any day.

• Double Room with Side View

The elevator didn't work and we were on the 3rd floor with luggage. Rooms looked nothing like the advertisement. Booked a oceanfront room didn't get it. Overall stay i give a 2 will never book with booking.com again false advertising.

The customer service of the house keeper which i later found out was the laundry room attendant.

• Double Room with Ocean Front

Parking was horrible, of course it was bike week. There are metered parking spots that are free from midnight to 9:00a. Otherwise 7.5 minutes per .25. The motel was full, it was bike week, we needed 2 more towels and there wasn't any more at the front desk. They had ran out. The room had a strange smell. There was also a stove, apartment size fridge, microwave and single small sink. However there are no cooking utlensils, i.e, pots, pans, silverware, plates, glasses. you cant get to the pool from your first floor patio that is at the pool. you have to go out the door and around the end of the building to get to the pool. There's an elevator but I don't believe it worked. Part of the motel is 2 floors the other is 3 floors. The motel could use some updates and a good deep cleaning.

walking distance to a small amusement park. Also walking distance to a resturant that opened at 7:00am serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Room has an apartment size fridge, small stove and microwave. The bed was comfortable.

• Double Room with Side View

The smell of the room was a bit muggy, and it was very hot inside of the room when we arrived. However, once we turned the AC on and opened the door for 10 minutes it was fine. Also, there isn't much parking as the lot is right at public beach access. It clearly says hotel parking, but I don't think people cared.

The beds were super comfortable! The water pressure in the shower was so relaxing!

• Double Room with Ocean Front

That firat of all sidnt tell us no trailer parking Had to wait till next day yo get towels cause the ladies In office acted like if the towels weren't right there they couldn't get them when the lady the next morning told me they could. The room key wouldn't have work. . Will not go back

Notbing

• Efficiency with Side View

Dirty smelly bathroom with rotted bathroom door. Stained wrinkly bedsheets!

Bathroom was dirty and smelled and the door was rotted. It was a non smoking room but someone was smoking pot in there before we checked in at 6pm (staff?). Beds were comfortable. Location and beaches are good. Just wish it was cleaner!

• Efficiency with Side View

The bathroom was horrible the ceiling needs to be done over,there is dark rust spots cracked open on the popcorn ceiling.The bathtub was very disgusting there was something discolored in the tub you wouldn't even use it with shower shoes on.They need to also check their bed linen the bed spread had a couple of large cigarettes burns in it on both beds. For the price charged it should be kept up better.

The location is perfect for beach and everything else. The hotel leaves a lot to be desired there is so much to be done in upgrading the rooms .The room size was large it didn't have a kitchen which we didn't need, they had a fridge in it which was told to us at check in.Front desk clerk was very pleasant her name is Lorraine.