Reviews of Seacrest Motel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

2529 Columbus Avenue, Sandusky, OH 44870, United States of America

9.7

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: September 9, 2018

Staff was kind, privacy, location to Cedar Point, excellent...
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

No complaints- not very many amenities, but we weren't looking for any. Small bathroom, so may be an issue for some.

Staff was kind, privacy, location to Cedar Point, excellent value

• Reviewed: August 22, 2018

Great value
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Dated but charming. No pool but we were there for Cedar Point and didn't spend much time at the motel.

Great value. Very nice staff. Close to Cedar Point.

• Reviewed: August 21, 2018

Would never suggest to anyone
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The room had a broken door that would not lock and the wood was cracked so anyone could have pushed through it. The bathroom had paint peeling and a leak in the right hand corner. There were cracks in the panaling and mold.

The folks were friendly.

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

Great trip to Sandusky.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The bed was hard. My wife and I didnt sleep very well because we couldn't get comfortable.

The hotel was a great price and great location to Cedar Point. The mother and son who own it are great people. The mother is the original owner of the property. Her and her husband built it in 1974. Fresh coffee every morning in the office.

• Reviewed: August 19, 2018

Adequate but no 9.1
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

There was a musty smell as you walked into the room. The room and fixtures were old and outdated.

It was clean and the bed was comfortable. The owners were friendly.

• Reviewed: August 15, 2018

Adorably quaint motel
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

The motel was clean, quiet and only 3 miles from Cedar Point amusement park. The staff was wonderful. We like staying at quaint motels instead of the chain places.

• Reviewed: August 13, 2018

The mother and son that run the motel are super friendly and...
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing really bad about the place. Beds a little bit to firm for myself personally

The mother and son that run the motel are super friendly and nice. Definitely will stay there again if I'm in the area.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2018

Would stay here again
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Being a single woman staying by myself, the dead bolt on the door didn't seem to want to lock. A/C took awhile to cool down the room, but once it was cook it stayed cool, but it's a great place, and I would stay again!!

Owner's were very friendly, made me feel welcome

• Reviewed: July 28, 2018

Comfortable sleep on the way to Cedar point!
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

It looked a bit old from the outside, but it was quite comfortable from the outside. We felt safe.

It seems to be a family business, Mother & Son were extremely nice!! There is fresh coffee in the morning. The room is made of wood, decorated like a boat, it was original! The motel is located in the intersection to Sandusky, quite practical to get back on the road. 15minute drive to Cedar Point park. Great haunted attraction nearby, inside the Ghostly Manor Thrill Center.

• Reviewed: July 23, 2018

Exceeded expectations would stay again!

Nothing I can think of!

Held to a high standard for what you would expect from a motel! Office and owners were really nice and welcoming! Felt like staying with extended family. They took good care of us!

• Reviewed: July 20, 2018

Cedar Point Trip w/my son, would book here again.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Not a big issue, but I did notice cracks in the door of my room.

I traveled with my son to visit Cedar Point. This motel is a family run business. Upon my arrival they had my room key ready as well as my hotel registration. It was quick and smooth. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly. I would definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: July 13, 2018

It was what we needed for 4 days over the 4th in Sandusky
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

A/C filter probably needed to be cleaned or replaced.

The A/C worked but a bit noisy. Hot water in shower. TV worked fine. Owner very friendly and wanted us to be satisfied with the room.

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

SIMPLE AND WELCOMING
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

I had ZERO issues. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR AN AWSOME STAY...

This motel is owned by a mom and her son they are super nice and very helpful. We were coming from Maryland to go to Cedar Point the next day and knew we would be late so I called and spoke to Frank he was super helpful and suggested that I called him when I got close and he would have the paperwork and key ready for me to sign, this was super helpful as it was well after midnight when we arrived. The room was excellent, air conditioner was on for us so the room was cool but not chilly, bed was comfy and bathroom was clean. This is a simple place with a very nice vibe. There are not to many mom and pop American owned places left so do yourself a favor and visit this gem.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

Very nice place
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Could have used a hair dryer.

This is a Ma/Pa operation, friendly staff, very clean. Not modern as could be expected, but very quiet and comfortable.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

Affordable and close.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Air conditioner didn't really work to cool the room.

Owners were very friendly. Very close to where we were going which was cedar point and put-in-bay. Very affordable. Room was clean parking was close. Bed was comfortable. They provided plenty of outside sitting for sitting outside your room.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Decent enough location.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Very old motel. Everything was clean, but for the $120 a night I paid, I'm expecting better than Motel 6 accommodations. The gal that ran it was very VERY sweet and nice, but overall, it's just not the standard of room I'm accustomed to. What was also weird is they claimed to only have a few rooms left, but my car was often the ONLY car in the parking lot the two nights we stayed there. Finally, though this isn't really the owner's fault, my son had allegic reactions to something in the room. We stayed at 4 hotels/motels on this trip, and this was the only one where this happened.

Decent enough location. Near a bunch of restaurants and right across the street from a major grocery store. 8 minute drive to Cedar Point, which was great. Room was clean.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

Convenient, clean and an excellent value
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The owners are so friendly and made sure that we had everything we needed for our stay. After spending the entire day at Cedar Point, this was the perfect place to get a good night's sleep before driving home the next morning. Convenient, clean, safe, and an excellent value. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

I liked everything about my stay at the Seacrest Motel.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

I liked everything about my stay at the Seacrest Motel. The people were nice and helpful. We were going to Cedar Point and it was close without being in the center of the town, where it would have been impossible for my children to sleep. Overall a great experience.

• Reviewed: June 12, 2018

This is a simple, pleasant, clean hotel that is perfect for a stay in Sandusky.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

If I have to nitpick...They could really use some curved shower curtain rods in the bathrooms. The shower is narrow and I don't enjoy constantly being hugged by the curtain during my showers.

The friendliness of the staff is what stands out here. They will do everything they can to make your stay enjoyable. They provided a microwave when our room didn't have one. To fill our coolers they just let us come behind the counter in the office to fill them up from their machine instead of going back for bucket after bucket. The room was very clean and tidy.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Our stay was easy, comfortable and affordable.

Different blanket sets.

Took a trip to Cedar Point with a total of 10 individuals. Location was extremely great, rooms clean and comfortable at a great price.

• Reviewed: May 4, 2018

Satisfactory, economical and friendly.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Although affordable and convenient, the trade off you make is the "ambiance" of a mobile home. And that's just to say, you get what you pay for, and it was exactly what I was willing to pay for.

Staff was friendly and helpful, room was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: September 15, 2017

Was very nice and would gladly go back.

The bed was very hard.

The staff was so friendly an trident to make sure you were as happy and accommodated as possible... The bed was very hard. That is the only thing that we don't care for about the establishment.

• Reviewed: September 15, 2017

This is a small family owned property.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

This is a small family owned property. If you're looking for very nice and accommodating staff this is the place to go. Very close to cedar point and within walking distance of restaurants and stores. It is not a high class resort but it was perfect for our weekend stay while going to Cedar Point during the day.

• Reviewed: September 5, 2017

Great Value for a Short Stay
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

This is a basic motel of an older fashion. It gives excellent value for the money spent. The place is very clean and omfortable; the staff very helpful. Why always spend your money on an upscale newish facility when you can spend much less on this equally comfortable stay and then go spend the money saved on an upscale meal.

• Reviewed: August 16, 2017

It is a place that I would go back to stay again. Very enjoyable stay
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

No complaints. We were told it was an older facility but it was well-kept up and very clean

The owners were very friendly and accommodating. They cleaned the rooms daily. Great location for what we can to do.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2017

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds

No pool, I didn't really mind but my daughter wanted to swim.

Great place to stay, super clean, lady that helped me was very nice and super close to Cedar Point and waaaayy cheaper than their hotel options.

• Reviewed: August 10, 2017

very clean friendly helpful LOCATION
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

actually nothing unless you wanted to spend a lot more money

rooms were very clean...staff/owners were very nice helpful and knowledgeable...great location...quiet...would definitely recommend this place for one/two/three night stays for the area attractions

• Reviewed: August 9, 2017

Owner was very friendly.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Wallpaper was peeling, killed 3 spiders, beds were very uncomfortable and it looked like it was from early 1970's. My daughter called it a "Super Natural Motel"

Owner was very friendly.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

Cozy simple affordable rooms.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

parking is tight, sink didnt drain well...

Very pleasant owners. Let us look at room to be sure its what we wanted before paying. Simple, clean, cozy place. Would stay again!!

• Reviewed: July 27, 2017

Trailer Park Living
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

The fact that it was rated 4.5 on this site and our room was in a mobile home. It was very misleading. The toilet and bathtub were the size of a kids playhouse. Cobwebs hung above the toilet. No coffee maker. Everything is outdated. Our room had a musty/mildew odor. We had to go purchase a glade plugin to mask the smell. It was our only vacation and I cried the whole time. We never go anywhere and when we do, this is what we get!

It was easy to find. We didn't find any bugs.

• Reviewed: July 25, 2017

Will definitely stay again!
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The AC had a slight stagnant smell.

The owners were extremely sweet and friendly! It's a very convenient distance from Cedar Point. Everything was very clean. The price was great!

• Reviewed: July 21, 2017

Staff was very friendly.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Out dated smelled old too.

Staff was very friendly. Family owned. The lady at desk stayed there until we arrived at midnight. Bed was comfortable. It served its purpose.

• Reviewed: July 17, 2017

Would stay again!
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The owners were welcoming & very accommodating! They even had the air on in the room so it was very comfortable when we arrived. Although the property is older, it was very clean and the hosts could not have been better.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2017

Great place to stay and great value.

We liked it all.

We liked how easy the check in was and how close it is to Cedar Point. The room was very clean. The bed was comfortable. The desk helper and her son were very nice.

• Reviewed: July 10, 2017

Great for two people probably also great for small families...
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

No coffee machine in room but had microwave,mini fridge in room and free unlimited coffee at check in office

Close to lake erie and 10min from cedar point awesome price for peak season

• Reviewed: July 9, 2017

The place is very clean, beds and pillows very comfortable.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The place is very clean, beds and pillows very comfortable. The attention of the staff at the reception is wonderful. The morning coffee was delicious. After a long day at Cedar Point, we were able to rest perfectly. It is very quiet and peaceful. I recommend 100 %

• Reviewed: July 7, 2017

Best decision ever
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

This cute little motel is family owned and don't offer anything they don't have. They are superbly clean (rag fibers on walls from walls being cleaned) the worst about the entire this is that they had a smaller bathroom than usual but that's whatever. The owners are amazing and sweet. I would happily stay here everytime I'm in town

• Reviewed: July 6, 2017

The owners of the motel are exceptionally kind individuals.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

The owners of the motel are exceptionally kind individuals. They went out of their way to make sure that our car breaking down during our stay didn't ruin our time in Sandusky. I recommend this motel to everyone. Thanks again!

• Reviewed: June 24, 2017

Friendly, clean, and inviting stay!
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

The owners were so friendly and accomodating, we arrived later than expected and they made sure we were taken care of. The room was clean and cozy, above our expectations of a motel room. It had a mini fridge and microwave and flat screen tv. We enjoyed this stay, great motel for a great price! Would book again!

• Reviewed: June 23, 2017

100% recommended for a Cedar Point stay!
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

A few small things. I'll never understand why hotels bother with HDTVs but don't actually provide HD signal. It looks terrible. The shower curtain was one of those where when air is moving the curtain blows into the shower and sticks to you all the time. A curved curtain rod would fix that. Also, the key you get is a real key with a little plastic thing on a ring. It made me appreciate key cards that I can just put in my wallet.

Two things stand out most about the Seacrest Motel: the friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness of the room. The owner and his mother were both extremely friendly and concerned about our satisfaction. They gave us as much ice as we needed and took care of our room every day when we were at Cedar Point. The room was impeccably clean with a nice new hard flooring which they apparently intend to install in all the rooms. I remarked to my wife how impressed I was that being barefoot in the room I didn't feel a single speck of dirt or anything on my feet. The bathroom was very clean. The wifi generally worked fine.

• Reviewed: June 19, 2017

Clean, affordable local motel

Very friendly, witty owners. While the hotel rooms haven't been updated since the 70's, they are clean and functional. A bonus is that the shower heads are not low-flow. It's like showering in a river. It feels good supporting a local business without your money filtering through another Cedar Point owned facility. They don't advertise these amenities, and it's wasn't a problem for us, but if you're staying there, some things you should be aware of: Coffee is available in the morning, but no breakfast. Wi-fi may not reach all the rooms (it reached ours) but is available in the outdoor common area. Our room had no clock or land-line phone (not necessarily a problem for the cell-phone era)

• Reviewed: June 11, 2017

Very friendly staff and homey environment
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The air conditioning kinda stopped working during the night. The temp in the room was still good though.

The owners were very friendly. The rooms are super cute and very homey.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2018

Wonderful place
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Family owed and everyone was super lovely. Super clean.

• Reviewed: August 22, 2018

No frills.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

I figured it wouldn’t have a hair dryer, so I brought one.

No frills. Easy on the budget. Just what I needed for one night.

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

comfortable!
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

comfortable! and nice host!

• Reviewed: August 17, 2018

We were very pleased with our stay and would definitely stay there again.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

The place is super clean and very convenient to Cedar Point.

• Reviewed: August 15, 2018

Pleasurable
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Staff very friendly and personable. Very willing to accommodate.

• Reviewed: August 13, 2018

Very friendly owners and staff

No pool

Very friendly owners and staff

• Reviewed: August 12, 2018

Owners were very sweet and helpful, rooms were clean and...
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Owners were very sweet and helpful, rooms were clean and comfortable. Great value great experience 10/10

• Reviewed: August 4, 2018

This is a very clean and comfortable place to stay.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

This is a very clean and comfortable place to stay. The staff was very attentive.

• Reviewed: July 25, 2018

A quiet place to stay near Cedar Point
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Beds and pillows were comfy and rooms were kept orderly. Staff were super polite in accommodating late check-in.

• Reviewed: July 23, 2018

The staff is very friendly, short drive to the park. Perfect if you only using room to sleep.

No restaurants nearby, no swimming pool

Rooms we clean and adequate for sleeping after a ling day at the park

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

Great little place!
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Great experience for the price! Quite happy about our stay.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Very pleasant owners.

No WiFi

Very pleasant owners.

• Reviewed: July 12, 2018

Awesome value
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Very clean and great location! Also, quiet and the owners were very nice. Would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

Wonderful place, will come back again
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

We needed a place, last minute, they were there, and took care of us like family, like we were regulars

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Clean, quiet, and very friendly staff

Clean, quiet, and very friendly staff

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

Would stay again
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The warm welcome from the owners

• Reviewed: June 21, 2018

everything

everything

• Reviewed: June 19, 2018

Very friendly family owned business.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Very friendly family owned business.Great price .

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

Great value.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Walls a little thin. Could hear others. Air conditioner was loud but tolerable.

Great value. Close to cedar point and other places we visited.

• Reviewed: June 14, 2018

Unexpected
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Bugs inside the room, falling from the ceiling and crawling on the bed

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Good location, excellent price, very clean, quiet.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Good location, excellent price, very clean, quiet.

• Reviewed: September 12, 2017

Very nice cosy place is family run and so much better than...
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Very nice cosy place is family run and so much better than most places. I will be going back.

• Reviewed: September 5, 2017

it is close to cedar point amusement park.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

it is close to cedar point amusement park. It is close to a grocery store.

• Reviewed: September 4, 2017

Exelent

• Reviewed: August 30, 2017

Nice, no bells and whistles, but everything you need.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Basic motel, kind of close to a busy street.

Convenient, great staff...very accommodating.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2017

Affordable, clean, and convenient place to stay while visiting cedar point
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

Simple accommodations that are clean and quiet

• Reviewed: August 23, 2017

It was a great value for the location.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

We loved the location and the price.

• Reviewed: August 21, 2017

Reasonably priced place to stay after an entire day at cedar point.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

This hotel was only 4 miles from Cedar Point.

Exactly what we needed.
    • Single Room - Non-Smoking

It was a bit dated but clean and had everything we needed.

They staff was friendly and allowed our 3 dogs. Affordable and close to Cedar Point.

• Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Old fashioned but great for the price

Staff super friendly, great location to cp,comfortable clean rooms!

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

The staff was absolutely amazing.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was absolutely amazing. I've never felt more safe in a hotel.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2017

Great location, comfortable, and affordable. Would stay again.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Very friendly and attentive owners.

• Reviewed: July 25, 2017

Happily reminiscent
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Summer prices in the area are high

Clean and no smoke or pet scents. Comfy beds and as many pillows and towels as we wanted. Super sweet owners.