Reviews of Sedona Summit By Diamond Resorts 3 stars

4055 Navoti Drive, West, Sedona, AZ 86336, USA

#26 of 62 hotels in Sedona

Great appartments for a short stay.

Nothing to mention.

Great appartments for a short stay. Very spacious, All facilities one requires! Fully equipped kitchen. Great bathroom and beautifull terrace. Blends in perfectly with the surroundings.

Resort was nice- Diamond Resorts sales pitch- not so nice
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

From the moment we checked in- the high pressure sales pitch to join Diamond Resorts Membership began. Ruined my vacation. If I could turn back time- I would never have stayed here, not worth the hassle.

Great location. Loved the view from my balcony

Great facility and general staff.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

There was a mixup and miscommunication with the marketing presentation and we experienced very rude treatment with the manager AFTER the trip follow up which left a sour taste in our mouths after an amazing weekend!

Warm welcome and very accommodating.

Luxury with a main street community feel.
    • Studio

We loved the kitchen with all dishes and utensils we needed. We loved the community feel and the cleanliness well thought out plan of the community. The only thing is that we wished we had stayed longer!!!!

Basically had a nice stay. My head hurt from the numerous bangs on the light fitting
    • Studio

Kitchen area too small. Banged my head on the light fitting above the dining room table about ten times while sitting down. Toilet bowl had lime buildup

Quiet tranquility

Nice place to rest up.
    • Studio

super new and super nice. price was special and the suite unexpected.

upgraded to a suite. really nice. no close restaurants. some construction going on.

Room was nice, view was gorgeous.
    • Studio

The never ending sales pitches were annoying and unprofessional. After you check in, they herd you over to concierge for your ‘welcome bag,’ where they then try to sell you additional stays at other Diamond Resorts while offering free pink Jeep tours and vouchers for food if you sign up ‘right then.’ We said no at least 5 times. Very pushy and relentless. Then, the day we checked out, they called the room phone and tried to sell us AGAIN!!! Will not be back!

Room was nice, view was gorgeous.

Comfortable unit for a family.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

I got bed bug bites. The others with me did not. I reported it the day we left and they said they'd have housekeeping check on it. I would hope they have done something about it. The lighting in the bedroom and bathroom was very dim. I would have liked brighter lighting.

We had a 2 bedroom unit that had a full kitchen, large dining table, living room with sofa bed, 2 bedrooms with both a shower and bathtub. Each bedroom had a large bed. There was an outdoor patio with a view of the sunset with a table and 4 chairs. It was a comfortable place to stay.

Great and peaceful place to stay with a fantastic view of...
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Nothing, would have liked to stay longer.

Great and peaceful place to stay with a fantastic view of the red rocks (in the rooms heading towards the sunset at least). Great service also! Even a bag of detergent ready for you in case you need to wash some clothes. We stayed 5 adults in a 2 queen flat, and one of us slept ln the comfy sofa bed. Lots of room and 2 bathrooms.

Definitely a hotel I will visit again!
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The main bathroom's toilet was shaky. My guest and I could hear the noises from the tenants above us. The beds were not as comfortable as we would have liked.

I liked the size of the 2-bd suite. The kitchen was a nice size. The main bedroom was a decent size as well. Definitely enjoyed the balcony facing the red mountains!

Great place - unless you need WIFI
    • Studio

The wifi is very slow, very low bandwidth. I was here for business, and had several skype meetings during my 5 day stay. The wifi was too slow to allow skype to function.

Beautiful location, easy access, the studio apartment was well equipped, clean, comfy. There are hiking trails right from the borders of the hotel property.

The place was very convenient for what we wanted to do and was close to hiking.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Had to have the electronic key recoded several times and it still didn’t work. Had to walk back over to have it done again and again. The key wasn’t even close to my phone to be de magnetized as suggested. Never worked even from the beginning. Luckily my friend also had a key kept in the same pouch and it worked. Very frustrating.

View was spectacular

very good except for waiting for my deposit back, it took away from the holiday
    • One-Bedroom Suite

i stayed there for 9 days from 7th may to the 16th may,and everything went very well, however my deposit of $100 paid to the hotel, and due for refund on the day i left has not yet been credited to my account. This despite 2 phone conversations from Ireland requesting this refund and despite been informed that i would have it in 2 weeks, im still waiting. It has been nearly 4 weeks, i should imagine there,s a law against that, it is very bad form.

overall everything was very good.

I loved the location in West Sedona.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

We requested ADA accommodations early and they weren’t able to provide a room that was accessible for my spouse. The best we were given was a ground zero room. He could not take a shower or use the toilet safely. He had to take sponge baths and have someone standing with him to use the toilet. This would’ve been an easy fix in the room had there been grab bars by the toilet and actually inside the shower. A shower chair as an option would also have been a good compromise. They should look into providing them to guests as an option or alternative. This made our trip less of a vacation as a result. They had several pool areas that were closed and the night time activity area closed up at 9pm. It would’ve been nice to be able to play games with family, but we could never get there in time. I know this was a mountainous area and bugs are expected and difficult to control, but we killed several roaches just outside and inside our patio area and door.

I loved the location in West Sedona. It was close to Crescent Moon Ranch and Red Rock State Park. It was easy to find a great spot to star gaze at night. The full kitchen was great as well as the free extra bed we requested. We were close to grocery stores etc which made it easy to plan and prepare meals in our room. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It was a very good value for the amount of space and time we stayed.

Pleasure trip to the most beautiful and Pacific place
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

There is nothing that I didn't like ,my stay here it was perfect, the hotel i will recommend it to all my friend's and family, love this place we will come back and use the same place .

Everything, Sedona has this particular thing that who visit feel the mystic environment and the natural scenic,

First class resort with service to match. Beautiful grounds, quiet, secure, a great value.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Parking was first come first served, yet not a real problems. Richard Saiz again helped us with parking.

An outstanding property. The staff provided the best service and attention we have ever experienced. My brother is a handicapped military veteran and we booked a room on the 2nd floor. We were almost moved into the 2nd floor room when we asked if they had a ground floor room available, they said YES. So we moved. With the help from the Diamond staff we relocated and got new card keys in a few minutes. All this at 10:00 pm at night. That says a lot to us. We were tired from a long travel day and want to especially commend Patricia and the card key security man. They could have not been more helpful. Later during our stay Richard Seiz helped us find the wonderful outdoor spa pool. The spa was perfect for my handicapped brother. In fact, Richard gave him a cart ride to and from the spa. That was fantastic. Our brother was impressed with the level of conscientious service to a handicapped veteran. All the staff at this Diamond property, from the front desk to maintenance people exceeded our expectations. The property has many pools, each with easy access and all were clean. Rooms, also clean, with all the features you would expect and beds were comfortable. Grills were close by and the grounds were landscaped perfectly. Views of the surrounding red rocks were beautiful. This is a first class resort.

Very nice room.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Multiple attempts to get me interested to come back for the timeshare presentation. I would rather schedule on my time rather than need to commit something a little further “today”.

Very nice room. Two large bedrooms and good common area.

its all very clean and spacious with more than one pool to...
    • Studio

its not really a hotel so it has no bar or restaurant, which is ok but its a distance to get to nearest places to eat and drink, it is a timeshare so there is a big sell at the desk. It was a bit corporate and overly manicured for our taste, but we still enjoyed it (sort of)

its all very clean and spacious with more than one pool to choose from, it was quiet and had some fine views.

Wonderful place to stay in Sedona with a family!
    • Studio

A slight push at the end to book with the resort again. They accepted my no relatively easily.

We arrived way before check-in, but they were able to get us into an apartment (room was bigger than the one we had booked). The pool areas were great. Well maintained facilities.

Would stay again. Highly recommended!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

No internet service. It was not working

It was amazing. Home away from home! Kitchen, livingroom, cozy bedroom with a large bathroom with whirlpool tub.

Very impressed
    • One-Bedroom Suite

I loved the property. No negatives.

The room was nicely decorated & very comfortable. The landscaping & views were amazing. Enjoyed our stay & would recommend to friends & family!

Too expensive for inconvenience
    • Studio

Too far away from the shops and very very noisy early in the morning Too Many cars in front of the room and many traffic Can't enjoy the terrace

The room is confortable

Very nice unit and location. Could not have been better. Poor cell phone and Wi-Fi.
    • Studio

Poor communication before my visit. Was alerted that there may be no wi-Fi or cell phone service during my stay, so I try to cancel my reservation. I wrote 4 times previous to my visit about this and never received a response. Was trying to cancel my reservation but was unable to. There was no cell service, and the Wi-Fi was very weak.

The room that I had booked was not available so I was upgraded to a much nicer unit. Greatly appreciated that.

A great property outside of "uptown". The surrounding views are breathtaking -Get a room with a view
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The hot water supply was limited while showering.

The property is beautifully maintained and the scenery is spectacular - you are in Sedona! We were lucky enough to have a condo with a view. Without a view, it would have not been so special. We did not get to use the pool and facilities due to our schedule, but other folks looked to be enjoying their stay.

Nice location
    • Studio

The pillows - too big. A/c was way too loud, especially at night when you're trying to sleep. Carpet can use a replacement

Place overall was nice. Pool area was clean and convenient. Easy access to downtown. Off the main road, so that was nice.

The room was very spacious & clean.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The room was very spacious & clean. The bed was very comfortable. There was not an on-site restaurant, but there were many restaurants to choose from within a short driving distance.

Location, location, location...if you like getting away from town this is a great option.
    • Studio

Price was good for what you got. Average rate of $225 nightly for a studio due to resort fees and taxes...mix of kids, families and couples but the vacationers here do a variety of activities (from pool to hiking) so noise us not usually a problem.

Nice location away from town; easy access for hiking and restaurants. Marriott across the street but otherwise few properties so not so crowded (resort itself is VERY clustered together but overall quiet. Most views (upper levels) quite good of Sedona.

We liked the comfort of the room.
    • Studio

Would have liked a bathtub. Showers without bars are difficult to use. The door inside the bathroom was dirty. When undoing the towels we found hair. There were bugs crawling on the carpet. The hot tub had dirt and debris on the bottom, the next day it still had not been cleaned.

We liked the comfort of the room. The kitchen had all the tools required to prepare meals. The location was quiet. Other visitors were extremely friendly. we have problems with stairs and the friendly staff gave us a room without steps on the ground floor.

Outstanding Experience

Absolutely nothing, it was Great

Everything the place was like home away from home. They had everything you needed for your stay. Very clean apartment with all the amenities.

Pros: affordable, close to hikes, restaurants
    • Studio

Cons: The cell service was spotty which is understandable in that area. However the internet barely worked at all. One morning it took literally an hour for them to deliver coffee filters

Pros: affordable, close to hikes, restaurants

Won't stay there again
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

They charged my card before we even got there. We had changed the reservation a month before arrival and when we got there it was still in the first reservation name. Front desk workers were not heplful, will never stay there again.

The cleanliness was unacceptable and we would not recommend this property.
    • Studio

The cleanliness of the unit we stayed in was below par. We had to call twice to have unit cleaned. Some of the issues (dusty and mold on shower floor) were corrected. The floors were never cleaned. The carpet and tile floors were so dirty that our socks turned black after walking on them.

Perfect stay- will be back. Gotta get that shower head corrected though!
    • Studio

the shower head was the only bad thing. It sprayed so hard you could barely stand in the shower. It was very painful on a females chest. FYI- not good. It would be best with that kind of pressure to be able to adjust the shower head.

the room and all of the kitchen supplies really worked great.

Pleasant
    • Studio

Concierge staff were not bothered with you if you were not going to book any of their $200 trips, we kept getting phone messages saying that we had a free gift and a departing gift but when we went to the reception there was nothing. The tourist information centre in town was a way better source of information and things to do in Sedona that the hotel staff.

It was a good stay the apartment had everything you needed. Pool facilities were basic but clean and enjoyable.

Nice enjoyed our stay.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Received an alert that the pool & spa was closed at the resort. Didn’t bring a swimsuit because of information from booking.com. The resort has 4 pools and all pools were open.

The 1 bedroom suite was very comfortable, great views of Sedona.

Just no
    • Studio

Differences in 1 bedroom at the same price that you can’t choose which selection you want. Some 1 bedrooms were far nicer but cost the same as the less nice ones. Also some of our rooms had electrical issues that couldn’t be resolved. For the price this place should be flawless and allow guests to select the exact room they are paying for with full details and photos.

Decent accommodations at the studio level.

Nice place, well maintained.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Room could have been aired out before we arrived. Also would have been nice if the bathroom had complementary conditioner.

Nice place, well maintained. Kids loved the facilities.

A self catering apartment and NOT a hotel
    • One-Bedroom Suite

No maid or housekeeping service - very poor given that we stayed for a week. Hard beds and poor quality pillows. Bedding was left in a cupboard for the sofa bed even though I was clear on the booking that it was for 4 guests No breakfast available on site Concierge would only help with advice if I agreed to sit through a sales presentation about their time shares

The one bedroom suite was a great size for two adults and two children and it was useful to have the kitchen to prepare simple meals. There are three small swimming pools on site for guests to use

We won’t EVER stay at a diamond resort facility ever again
    • Studio

Walked up garbage in front of the door No hot water Clock in room did not work Strange stains on the couch Screen door is busted will not shut all the way They didn’t clean our room and till 6 PM maid service used our phone in the room to make a personal call through towels on the the bed and toiletries on the floor in the kitchen Concierge was rude and agitated

Lupita the manager that comped our room was nice

I was shocked to see only one bed.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

I was shocked to see only one bed. I had been looking for a hotel with two beds, so that's what i was expecting. Didn't find out until after we had brought several trips of luggage. My mom ended up sleeping on the couch.

Overall a great location even though the rooms are basic. Comforable. Good value for money
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Low shower pressure. Poor WiFi connection and outdated TV. Not a lot of guidance on activities and things to do.

Great location. Accommodating staff. Several pool facilities. Family friendly.

A Huge Disappointment
    • Studio

Poorly maintained with missing tiles, warped cabinet finishes, and generally tired look. Felt like sleeping in parents basement. No view what so ever. Double bed not comfortable for two people. Bathroom set up poorly if you wanted to stay with kids or another couple, as toilet, shower & single sink all in same location.

The location was fine. I do have to say Sedona traffic does impact nearly anywhere you stay.

For the most part we enjoyed our stay and would probably book again.
    • Studio

Noise from directly outside our room door was a little louder than expected. Door striker latch was loose and the bathroom sink did not drain well.

location and room was exactly what was advertised

The room and the views were gorgeous!
    • Studio

As soon as I arrived, after a long day of travel, they were trying to sell me a package to come back. I hadn’t even been able to check-in to my room yet!

The room and the views were gorgeous! I would definitely stay here again!

Excellent apartment style rooms convenient to all Sedona has to offer.
    • Studio

Didn't understand that the property was a Time-share community. We weren't subject to the 2-hour high-pressure sales pitch, but we were offered it several times which was a surprise.

Girls trip to share the beauty of Sedona with some of my out of town friends.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Ice machines are not easy to find. Luckily you can call the front desk and ask to have it delivered to your room. I received an email the evening before our stay stating the pool and spa would be closed until sometime in April. Was disappointed, but learned upon arrival that only one pool and one spa was closed. The resort has 6.

I had stayed here before. The resort is very nice. Very quiet and serene. The views are gorgeous.

The resort seemed really nice and we would consider staying again
    • Studio

didn't appreciate the hard sales pitch for timeshare to listen for 2 hours as we were restricted on the amount time we had in Sedona. Our assigned room was provided incorrectly. The bed was very firm.

the property was clean and the staff were friendly on check-in

Bought a 4/3 package to come back...that should say it all!

Can't think of a thing

Gorgeous views, Friendly staff, close to everything, yet far enough away to feel "removed" from the bustle and traffic.

Good value and location. Very friendly front desk and housekeeping staff.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Wi Fi did not work one night and was extremely slow when it did work. Exterior of cabinets in kitchen could use a good cleaning.

Our condo was very quiet, well-equipped and comfortable.

Good until last day ruined by treatment at sales presentation
    • Studio

Booked this not realizing it was vacation club but agreed to hear presentation which became high pressure and when we didn't buy we were insulted upon leaving. Would never recommend this resort.

Convenient to what we wanted to see and do.

water leaked into closet.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

water leaked into closet. There was black mold where it leaked. I did not spot it, because the luggage rack covered the leak. My stay was 3 days, the musty smell cough my attention, then I notice the black mold. I reported to the office. The floors were cold even with heated on. Didn't seem to heat 12 inches above the floor.

Wonderful Stay; Clean, Quiet, Great Price for a high quality room
    • Studio

Everything was sparkling clean and the beds of high quality. Our room was quiet and well stocked; even so my sister wanted an extra comforter and it was delivered to our room within minutes. Front desk staff was professional and friendly and provided many "inside" tips with regards to sightseeing in the area.

Lovely room in beautiful Sedona. Weekday rate was fantastic. Beware the added “resort fee.”
    • Studio

10 am checkout (although they reluctantly gave me a later one) and the room alarm clock was set for an early morning wake up that I didn’t set. Guess I needed to check it out.

Definitely had a resort feel. Liked the hammocks on grounds, spa water and hot chocolate in foyer. Kitchenette in room was a bonus. Free, convenient parking also nice.

Would stay there again. Nice folks, nice place.

Nothing....

We had a studio with a well equipped kitchenette and full refrigerator. The bath was large with dual sinks. There were pools and fun for all. Great place to spend a few days while looking around the area.

A good full-service lodging experience in Sedona with kitchen, A great value in off-season. TKS
    • Studio

Shower surround, had an exterior weep area at the wall, which meant the shower was not water proofed perfectly right. One shelf in bedroom area was off its hinges (and nobody noticed?) Too much stuff in cabinets for full guest storage use. IWhen a guest requests a later check out time, choice of 11 or 12 should be offered.

There were no croissants that I knew of. Size of room and kitchen amenities. Pool spa was great. Newspaper delivered one day, but not the 2nd day? Check out time was extended to 11 am from normal 10 am check out.

We'll do it again.
    • Studio

Water pressure in shower not great but OK. Might want to add lights to lower steps from second story units--if somebody trips, you might be in for lawsuit. Just saying.

All pretty good.

The property was good , was only there one night. Check out was at 10a m , which is not the norm .
    • Studio

The bedding for the sofa bed was hard to find and there was only one blanket. I could have called the desk but it was late and already had my pj’s on.

The area was lovely, the apartments were beautiful, and the...
    • Studio

Staff was pushy about packages and sales.

The area was lovely, the apartments were beautiful, and the sunset view was amazing. Staff was very helpful on the checkin/out process.

This was a beautiful resort that offered a lot at a great value.
    • Studio

We were made aware there would be some pools closed down and construction in the parking, but it really didn’t interfere that much with our enjoyment.

I really enjoyed the luxury decor and amenities, such as the huge soaking tub, fireplace, and large outdoor balcony with table and chairs. The place really exceeded my expectation! It was an excellent value for what we received.

Great choice away from tourist traps yet within esy driving distance to hiking and redrock views.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Suite needs some updating..cabinets, counters etc. are tired.

Fitness center and common areas were well appointed and clean. One bedroom suite was well equipped and spacious.

Overall an excellent stay in Sedona.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The concierge was unable to book us any trips as we did not go to the sales talks. Spoilt what was an excellent stay.

The apartment was excellent. Very well equipped and the bathrooms were great.

sedona is the most beautiful place and this resort is perfect
    • Studio

just wish we had stayed longer

this place was fantastic!! great facilitates great value, gym, pool and heated spa! was so good to have your own kitchen, when you have travelled for a while its nice to cook your own food, really loved this place, wish we stayed for longer

It was a pleasant, quiet, clean and affordable place to stay with ample room.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

We did not get a room with a view and we were not given the option when we checked in. The decor of the condo was dated but it was very clean and spacious. One staff member was trying to persuade us to come into a room to collect our "free" gift. We assumed it was a time share gimmick and avoided the encounter.

The property was very clean and well maintained. There was a heated pool with long hours of operation. The parking was very close to our room with no difficulty finding a spot. Staff was very helpful and friendly. The location was fairly convenient with pretty close proximity to Sedona. There awere beautiful views from the property.

Great view, comfortable, would go back
    • Studio

The Super Bowl party at the activity center was double booked with a wine glass painting party so that was a bust. Went to town and had to go to three bars to find a tv with the game bigger than 32 inches.

Great value, we had two rooms one was upgraded interior very nicely the other room was older but appears they are in process of upgrading all room still a great value.

I could live here it was so comfortable
    • One-Bedroom Suite

10 am checkout is too early. Should allow for late checkout.

It was like having my own spacious apartment. Full kitchen, washer/dryer, living room, big bathroom. Balcony. Very quiet too. Lap of luxury. This is my go-to place when vacationing in Sedona. It's not like a regular hotel. They are timeshares that are open to the public.

screwed up my reservation and i had to argue with night...

screwed up my reservation and i had to argue with night shift person and proving to him that i was supposed to stay 2 nights vs 1. My booking clearly said 2 nights and he insisted it was for 1. Then he took my phone with him to the back to show the night manager, out of my sight. Then the phone calls start from a robot pushing time share! We were trying to sleep for an early running race Saturday morning (Sedona marathon) and robot is calling us while we are in bed, to push time share again.

Perfect place to stay for our first trip to Sedona.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

We needed a kettle to make tea. The bedroom backed on to a busy road.

The unit was lovely and large. The bath was perfect for two. Internet was reliable.

Frustrating
    • Studio

Internet did not function at all in our room requiring us to go to the lobby for access. This was very inconvenient. Front desk staff was completely unhelpful, almost rude about our frustrations with this.

Layout of room.

The staff was extremely friendly and the facilities/room...
    • Studio

The staff was extremely friendly and the facilities/room were spotless. Our room exceeded expectations and was filled with everything you would need to cook a full meal on your own in addition to extra towels and blankets.

overall we've been happy with Diamond resorts Summit and Belle Rock
    • One-Bedroom Suite

the unit we stayed in definitely needed some TLC. The sliding door didn't slide, Bathroom sink was clogged and didn't drain, the door under the kitchen cabinet was broken, the light fixture cover in the kitchen was hanging half off, the curtain in the bedroom was handing off the hooks, I gave a list to housekeeping but nothing was fixed during our stay

love having a separate bedroom. It enables us to go to bed and get up at different times and not disturb the other person. also we like have a kitchen

Reasonable value, very nice accommodation
    • One-Bedroom Suite

I reserved the room, my card was used for the deposit, yet my name was not on the reservation at check in , they had my friends name and are sending emails addressed to her to my email address

The room was super clean, kitchen great, nice bathroom, not too far from town, not noisey

We did not enjoy our experience at your resort.
    • Studio

We had to wait about an hour for our room because it wasn't ready. There was a couple there that had been waiting for an hour and 45 minutes for their room. We were told that we would get two tickets for a free jeep tour, but then was told we didn't qualify, no reason was given as to why we didn't get the tickets. We were told that we could not cancel our room for the next day but then was told we could cancel. We did not enjoy our experience at your resort.

Nice clean room

Good: Our room were very nice and clean.
    • Studio

It took us 45 minutes and three trips to the front desk to get into our room. The keycard had to be inserted quickly and pushed slight to the left. Very frustrating start but overall we had a really nice stay.

Good: Our room were very nice and clean. Bad: Internet service could be better.

Don’t stay here or any Diamond resort!
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

This property is rn down and not well taken care of...no linen for pull outs of either Suite were available, trash in the kitchen was not taken out, previous tenants stuffed animal was left...was our sheets clean? Internet was slow...couldn’t work from room

Location is good, 10 minutes driving to uptown Sedona and...
    • Studio

Location is good, 10 minutes driving to uptown Sedona and close to some beautiful hikes. Property is amazing. For just a few dollars more we got an upgrade to a small apartment with a sweet living room, a kitchen good equipped, a nice big bathroom and a little porch. The bed was big and comfortable. We had a really sweet stay at the resort. Unfortunately during winter time just one pool is open and it wasn't the closest to us, but wasn't a big deal!

Browse Sedona Summit By Diamond Resorts traveller photo gallery