Reviews of Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood 4 stars

1 Seminole Way, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33314, USA

#30 of 131 hotels in Fort Lauderdale

Too much smoke. There should be designated sections. Rooms are too expensive for what you get. You’re paying money to lose more money! There was no boardwalk as was last time with shops, etc. prices of rooms should reflect present lack of accommodations.

The bed

The food was inconsistent and services at times unbearable. At the Blue Plate Diner we waited 1 1/2 to get our breakfast. My hotel door worked intermittently which caused undue stress while hosting 10 guests. I spent more time trying to get assistance (the process took over an hour while trying to host others while checking in). The information given for reservations at Council Oak was incorrect and caused me to exclude others from our Saturday evening party (only allowing 8 max for reservations, when clearly arriving there were larger parties seated by reservations). The wait staff at the Council was mediocre at best (they forgot parts of our order, and my guests complained). The roll away bed was never pick up and I was charged a 2nd night. Through Booking.com it was insinuated parking was included however when checking in and car was already taken I was informed parking was not included. I was so disappointed overall that I canceled my last day reservations at Kuro. I typically do not complain however my expectations were not met while hosting my sons 21st birthday with family that flew in from Jersey.

The smoke was horrible, the rms weren't anything to call home about. And what's the sense of having a mini fridge in the rm if you can not use it.. the prices for the stuff in the fridge was out of this world insane

• Deluxe King Room with Pool View

There is construction everywhere and prices are still at a major premium even over beachfront properties. The slots are extremely tight and there is very little space to avoid smokers. I booked 3 rooms with different check in dates. I tried to confirm all of the rooms when I checked in, but one of the rooms did not show up in the hotels system even though I had a confirmation number. The front staff did very little to help resolve the problem except to say there were no rooms available. Instead, I had to work with the booking agency who resolved the issue but with what I consider undue anxiety.

The pool area is nice and the poolside service is great.

Just maybe too much smoking in the casino they do have a small area for none smokers but honestly you can't get away from it.

Absolutely loved this hotel the pool is amazing one of the best we have ever been in. Staff are really helpful and pleasant. The room was spotless with really comfy beds. Love the guitar embroidered on the pillowcase just adds that extra touch. Food choices around the pool were excellent and the serving staff were top notch.

Room appeared to be very outdated. The bathtub looked old and an elderly person would not be able to get in/out easily. My room also had a funky odor. Smelled like an old pair of tennis shoes.

The air conditioning wasn't working properly, we spent the night awake trying to lower the temperature but maybe, it was programmed not to be reduced, it was like hell.

The bed, the pillows, excellent!!!!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Pool View

The location is pretty far West and too far away from the beaches with no real walk-ability. In the casino, the slot machines are pretty tight and the beverage service is not very responsive.

The hotel and casino are currently under a major expansion. The current hotel rooms, public areas and casino are all still in good condition and clean. The beds are comfortable, but the down comforters may be a little much considering it is Florida. The pool area is nice plus the food and drink service is great. Had a wonderful dinner at Naru and attended a special event that was don very well.

Construction going on at hotel. I understand stand that happens, but to start using a jackhammer at 7:30 AM is just plain rude! Housekeeping couldn’t take the time to see the type of coffee used, so when they refilled the k-cups they left only decaf. This was the fourth or fifth time staying there, so my expectations were not met.

Food was excellent in all the restaurants

• Deluxe Queen Room

Construction made entry confusing. Valet pick location could be included on a small card with the voucher to help new patrons understand that it is not at the front entrance, which is standard in most hotels. Last, view from room 418 was the roof of the Casino. Could have done a little better there considering the cost of the room.

Clean facility and well trained polite staff,

• Deluxe Queen Room

The room didn’t have a mini fridge.

The room was comfortable, it was clean, the complimentary fruit platter was a nice touch. The music playing in the casino was fun also. The comps were very good.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Pool View

Winning a little money and the buffalo calliflower. The maid service was impeccable The restaurants were awesome but need more vegan options. Service at the blue plate at night was horrible. Salon was great. Wash/dry/fold option for laundry and or do it yourself area would be great. Most expensive half bag of laundry I ever sent out. $180.

The hostess at the HRC after the Bad Company show. Worst experience ever, with an experienced in Madrid during one of our numerous visits. Under the new rewards program I have visited over 75 HRC’s world wide. Before the new program, in the 100’s. Could have been my last visit. AC

The costs of a room at $400+ is to high.....also we were charged for valet parking to top it off. Food was poor.(staff was good) We would stay more often BUT the room pricing is just to HIGH. Just think about it more than $50/hour to sleep.

room was good.....pool was good.....casino was good

The rooms have gone up significantly in price. the property is a mess as they are expanding. All in stride until I had to deal with staff and their attitude. They are young (except at the casino) and they are all about the "rules", not traveler comfort or service.

Pricey, construction

Beautiful property, excellent beds and landscaped pool was excellent. Service was outstanding across the property, printed tickets for me for concert there without batting an eye. Great dining options on site.

• Deluxe Queen Room

Smoking is allowed on the casino floor. Didn’t lime that at all, so we dind’t stay long to play. Lots of people working in the pool area and even though there were not a lot of guests we had to wait quite long to get some drinks.

Cool hotel. Pool area is awesome. Several dining options. Something for every budget. Rooms large, clean, beds super comfy.

Signage to locate the various parts of the hotel could be improved. Many of the employees at the desks and in the restaurants and valet area showed a lack of enthusiasm which indicated that they didn't like working there.

The room and bed were quiet and comfortable.

• Deluxe King Room with Pool View

We were told by your staff about the parking Handicap parking which was by the elevator but she did not tell me that we had to walk very, very far which my husband is handicap could not stay the next day because we were not advise because of the construction, I would of known that I could of valary park.

We were there for our Wedding Anniversary the room was nice and the Council Oaks was great.

Didn't realise smoking was still allowed inside areas of the building. A general walk around the place left you smelling of smoke. My room was non smoking but the smell of smoke was still very strong through the vents in the bathroom. Otherwise a very clean hotel, apart from the horrid smell in places

The pool area was very lovely

They didn't have a crap table. I like to shoot craps and was looking forward to playing during my stay, but they only had machines.

Large hotel, first class all the way!!! The room was very large and comfortable bed. The casino is huge with lots of table games and slots of all kinds. I signed up for players card and upon check out, I went to see casino host to see if maybe they could comp anything (it doesn't hurt to ask) and surprisingly, they comped almost $400 OFF my room charges. That made my stay a lot better:)

I like to play craps and this casino, even if it is very large, did not have a crap table. They had a computer crap table, but it is not the same as a real table.

We had an excellent stay. The room the was large and the bed very comfortable. We were there to stay a few days before a cruise through the panama canal. The location was perfect and I like to gamble in the casino to finish off my night. They have a large casino with many different games. I liked the security person checking before you go on elevator, it made me feel safe. Upon my check out, I checked with the casino host and he comped about $400 off my bill for the stay. Make sure you get a players cards before playing at casino, it pays to ask for comps. The hotel has many restaurants to choose from so you don't need to go out of the hotel to eat.

The staff could not answer questions -- the concierge did not know that there was a Happy Hour at the Hard Rock restaurant.

The pool area is amazing, and the rooms are very nice.

Negatives (hardly any): - apparently there was some sort of food and drink package attached to our booking which we were told at check out and not at check in and I still don't know what it was or what we were supposed to have had from it - the day we checked in the hotel took the first nights payment off my card before we arrived which was annoying because we brought cash to pay for it in full when we arrived. We had to manage our finances really carefully to be able to take this trip so a surprise coming out of my bank account was not welcome. - added gratuity. I found this a bit much. Especially at the pool. Even if you just order 2 drinks 18% gratuity is automatically added which seems a bit much. And this happens in some parts of the hotel but not others which as UK citizens just got a bit confusing and expensive for us. We will definitely be going back again. We were really sorry to leave.

After a pretty disastrous trip to Nashville we flew into Fort Lauderdale to chill out for my birthday before heading back to the uk. I was so impressed with the hotel! It's so grand and impressive with something for everyone. I have to be honest as we were there for my birthday I was hoping for a cheeky little room upgrade to be offered but it wasn't, which is obviously totally fine. Check in staff were polite. We checked in with ease. I was really happy with our room. Absolutely immaculate. I particularly loved how big our bathroom was, perfect for getting ready for a night out. Our bed was to die for! We really struggled to get out of it in the mornings. Casino was great. Loved the bars. I don't know the name of my favorite bar but it was beautiful, all cream and a chair that looks like an octopus in it. I looked forward to going there each night. Loved the pool area. Such a relaxed atmosphere and super attentive staff. I could go on for hours about this hotel so I'm just going to sum it all up in some points below: Positives: - super clean - beautiful rooms - AMAZING security everywhere - good casino - brilliant spa, I had a massage and hair and make up done and lovely reception staff in there - pool area and pool area staff, awesome! - iguanas! Living by the Pool! Too cool! - great and attentive bar staff - being able to smoke in the bar! Perfect! - The Bol restaurant, amazing food but a bit weird they don't serve alcohol in there - the staff, everywhere, amazing customer service

Cleanliness and lack of other things to do besides gamble and drink. Miss outdoor store and restaurant area. Not worth price for single room.

Stains on sheets, we laid on towels.

Food in the Asian restaurant. My seafood noodles was awful. The calamari was so tough you couldn’t cut it and the noodles were just a big clump. Looked and tasted horrible. My partners noodles were the same. However when I complained the manager covered the meal.

The upgraded room was wonderful. Very comfortable bed and huge bathroom. In room coffee maker was a big plus

Renovations on our floor. Room Always Smelled Musty even though every effort was made to clean corridor.

Great atmosphere. Food good.always got the crispy bacon I asked for!

The room service was the worst food we ever had and they brought an extra item. We were so tired and hungry from our travel we dealt with it and went to sleep. Far too expensive for such bad food. We also didn't like the inconsistency of each bar and how to start tabs and some could be put on the room bill and some could not.

The beds and shower. The service from George at the pool bar. The service from Pasquale at steak restaurant.

• Deluxe Queen Room

All the restaurants and clubs outside are closed.I canceled my next trip because there was nothing to do.

We could not use the outside because they are doing renovation and that was very disappointing.

• Deluxe Queen Room

I did not know they were construction going on outside and the shops and restaurant we used to go in the past were gone but beside that we had an amazing time there and we will be back soon .

everything was perfect , especially that mattress:)

• Deluxe Queen Room

the room was expensive enough, why should we pay for parking. Mohegan and Foxwoods do not charge for parking!!

bathtub was too high for older people like me, could have used a grab bar to get in and out. Could have used a hook on the back of the door for robes etc. Had to wait 1/2 hour for receptionist to get our room check in right (think she was new but should have had someone helping her so we did not have to go through the procedure several times before it was correct. Room was neat and clean, bed was very comfortable. Would have liked to see more restaurants and some shops to check out, other than the casino there was nothing to do.

Parking a little hard to work out from hotel and casino. Better to valet park. Hotel very big

Hotel was really comfortable. Pool area very good. staff friendly and helpful. Really good value for money but had all the luxury you needed

Hotel looks tired, too much building work at the hotel, we changed rooms 3 times, first room had builders right outside, second had a connecting door with a loud family, 3rd room was next to the ice machine but we had given up by then so had little sleep!

No refrigerator provided for our water and soft drinks. Refrigerator in room was for alcohol nip bottles and we were informed that touching one would incur a charge, even though we didn't open it ! The room could have been cleaner. Bed cover had to be changed because it was stained and dirty. The sinks gurgled and one of them drained very slowly. I brought my bathing suit because the pool in the picture looked so wonderful. However, I didn't swim because it was full of kids and honeymooning (?) adults. The water was murky, uninviting and smelled of chlorine!

Good variety of casino slot machines. Room was spacious, shower large. The bed was very comfortable and TV got many stations. Personnel were very nice and response to room issues was fairly prompt ! Food was expensive but very good. Lovely area around the pool, with plenty of seating.

The smoking in casino was pervasive and disgusting. It permeated our clothing and hair even when we were off property. Additionally, the deleterious effects of second hand smoke upon our health equates to never returning to this resort.

The staff whom we came into contact with were exceptional and friendly.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The parking lots (there are 2 of them) were a bit difficult to figure out which one should be used by hotel guests (i.e. closer to hotel, since luggages need to be moved) versus casino guests. The signs were not clear

We like the pool facility very much - feels like in the Caribbean We also like the variety of different type of restaurants

Nothing all amazing

The whole place was beautiful pool,toom,casino,resturants and staff was so niceee.we were already planning when to go back there while we were in pool 😊

• Deluxe Queen Room

When I booked, I did not know that the entire entertainment promenade was closed due to renovations in the hotel. I was there was concert so I had something to do but there was no nightclubs or shops open on the outside. However, the hotel and casino was fully operational.

The room was very nice. The beds were high-end as well as all the furnishings. The soaps were very good quality. I liked that the bathroom had a soaking tub.

breakfast!!!

I thought our stay was exceptional except for breakfast. the service was terrible and food was cold and terrible. I complained at check out was was told I should have complained at the restaurant.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

The money that gets or on "hold" for every one of your nights. Food was overpriced.

Bathrooms are amazing. Hallways clean. Atmosphere was good. Spa, wonderful, amazing!

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

Staff told us we could get an Uber to and from the Everglades holiday park. Uber don't pick up from there so make sure you already have transport sorted before u go!

Bed was ridiculously comfortable, pillows made of clouds. Room was great all round, pool was nice and staff friendly. Great stay overall.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

no complants had a great time service great concert ..out standing...love the security as well..didnt leave the property for nothing ..nada....all good thanks

excellent...

I hated the fact that they demolished all the stores and bars around the hotel...I decided to stay in that location because it used to be fun, when I got there there we had nothing to do except spend money at the Casino...the pool closes way too early so pretty much there is nothing to do.

Te room was comfy

The Hard Rock restaurant was a huge disappointment again (last 4 visits in different locations ) The service was very poor and i had to send the meal back as it was presented cold . The Hard Rock management world wide need to look at this failing as the brand is being let down by sloppy service and poor attention to detail ,staff and managers have to ensure the customer service and the quality of the food Is paramount. In a restaurant which was less than 30% full this is not acceptable and when i asked for the bill i had to ask firmly to have the meal, which i did not eat removed . We would normally use the hard rock in most places we visit , not any more VERY Disappointed . This hotel is sold as a music venue , we could not find live music in any areas over our 4 night stay and when we wanted to use the bar (thursday evening ) it was closed for a private party . The Hotel is 35+ mins from the center of Fort Lauderdale and with no entertainment in the hotel you are limited for things to do in the evening unless you wish to play the slots or tables . No entertaimnmnt and a terrible restaurant....... not sure how the other trip advisers made their review , Was not impressed as it was not the cheapest hotel and i did read the reviews before booking .

The Rooms were well presented and kept clean by the helpful friendly staff. Security was good and car parking was no problem once you asked the staff where do the residents park as the main car park has 5 or so levels .

Sadly on the booking .com site we did not notice (or it was not mentioned ) that there was construction work being carried out at the hotel, which caused noise and disruption to our sleep and stay. Despite requesting a non smoking room there was a distinct smell of cigarettes in our bathroom, plus smoking on the casino floor. Had we known all of the above in advance we would not have booked this hotel. The staff at reception did offer to move us to a different room for our second nights stay , which begs the question why put us in that room in the first place ? They did give us a $ 50 credit to spend as an apology.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

mattress a little uncomfortable. Top sheet way too much starch. Could not move within the bed without waking my partner up.

Nice selection of restaurants on the property. Pool very nice

• Deluxe Queen Room

Smoking in all communal areas is a bit bad , and the quality of food in the food court wasn't the best . Also being with teenagers you are limited for evening entertainment.but this should improve when construction work is completed

The pool area was great and the themed rooms . Also being a hard rock rewards member they came to room with chocolate and other treats on a evening . The Hard Rock Cafe was great

The pool area is run, by a very well! organized crew of thieves. The towel clean up crew steals all your personal belongings and everyone is in on it, even security and front desk, keep your eyes open when partying it up at this pool. I'm out $700 thanks to these hooligans.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Pool View

They should inform you before you pay 465.00 a night that there is no outdoor amanities. there was no night life . they should inform you of that there under construction......

Steak house was great.

• Deluxe Queen Room

That the street behind casino was closed. That is why we stayed so we could dance and not have to drive anywhere else. To eat without having to drive anywhere else. Never inform us when we reserved room. Very disappointing

Everyone very helpful. Clean felt safe.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

Everything outside has been torn down to make way for new hotel. This was unexpected and should be noted when booking. Mataranos, clubs, bars, Bongos and all the shops have been leveled to the ground. If your coming here now to walk outside forget it. Only casino, hotel and arena are open. Still a great time in hotel and casino and Kuro, Council Oaks and restaurants inside casino still open and good. Just can't go outside nothing there.

Hotel and casino the best

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

The fact that I was not informed in advanced that the entertainment area next to the casino was closed for refurbishment until 2019. No bars, stores or discos. It didn't say anything in the description in Booking.com nor in HR website. I decided to pay a high rate for the only weekend I stayed in FL because of the HR experience offered, that includes the hotel, casino and entertainment. I didn't get the value offered. For what I got, I could have stayed somewhere else and just go to have some drinks and play in the casino.

The room was very comfortable, as well as the location. The casino is good

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Pool View

Smoking in the rooms was a definite dislike. The sheets had to much starch in them, and the slamming of doors all night was not enjoyable.

Rooms were nice and big, clean. Would be great for adults but not family friendly.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

We have asthma and couldn't stay because of the smoke in the casino but the staff was very accommodating letting us cut our stay short.

There was lots to do there. The pool was very nice.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

There was very little night life. The clubs and bars that used to be at the Hard Rock were either closed for good or some only opened Friday and Saturday night.

Beautiful rooms. At first we were in a room that faced the construction site. after 5 calls to the front desk and being transferred each time by the girl at the front desk to a voice message that said the box was full I finally got Christina at the front desk. She was the most competent person and most helpful at the front desk. She helped us switch to a different room. Then when the person who was supposed to deliver the key never arrived after we were sitting in the first room for a half hour waiting, Christina apologized and personally brought the key to the room an gave us $25 towards drinks to make up for our aggravation. Christina is great she turned an aggravating situation into a positive for us and made everything right. She is a big asset to the Hard rock.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Room Selected at Check-In

breakfast, was a bit weird, i prefer normal breakfast, but i get the point why it is like that. just bit weird

location close to the seaport where we had to go afterwards, location close to the Ft. Lauderdale airport, amazing rooms, very nice staff, nothing bad to say at all, except breakfast

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Pool View

Terrible front desk, I change this hotel to amazing Grand Beach hotel on 9449 Collins Ave and they give all services and pet friendly, and 3 pool, and nice polite front desk! Here in this hotel I difently not recommend to stay

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

I thought it would be nice to meet my family at the Hard Rick . We could have a swim and enjoy dinner . The pool shuts at six and does not open till 8 the next day . Dinner is really expensive and not that great . A bottle of water at four dollars fifty it's just.a rip off . I would not return

The room was nice

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

Room was dirty no shampoo or soap furniture and floors dirty. Blue plate resturant food was not as ordered eggs over done toast cold pancakes tasteless

Staff

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

All encompassing. Many things to do. Many cool things to see. Security at elevators a definite plus. The room was lavish and I felt as if I did not waste my money as it is a bit expensive. The staff was very courteous from the security in the garage to the sales people in the souvenir store. I definitely recommend anyone who can to experience a stay here.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room

For us as a family on vacation, it would have been fantastic if it was located a little bit closer to the beach

The atmosphere, music, people, staff, food everything was super!

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

It's a shame that such a beautiful place constantly reeks from cigarettes. In this day and age, smoking should be prohibited in such places. If they're worried about losing business, I would dare them to try. Casinos in Canada have been smoke free for years and that didn't stop people from visiting and spending money. Making the facility a smoke free one might actually attract new/more people.

Everything about the facilities was great with one exception - the permission to smoke on the premises.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

I think the drinks should be cheaper and the valet parking is extremely expensive for guests.

great choices of food and terrific pool area. Nice rooms and I felt very safe.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

I really have a thing about pet friendly hotels, but the few pets I saw weren't a real bother. I just think that people and animals should each have their own separate space. Also not sure, about the reason for the opening in the bathroom wall. Pretty weird.

Loved the pool and various restaurants. Room was amazing and very spacious.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

Our 2 daughters were followed by a man into the toilets. He was dragged out of their cubicle by a guest. The hotel did not even offer to refund the meal we had to leave. Police involvement and procedures were not explained to us. We thought the man had been arrested and was being held. He actually had been released. A hideous end to our holiday!!!

The food at the hard rock restaurant was lovely!!

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Room Selected at Check-In

There was nothing I did not like.

The bed was AMAZING!! So much to do in the hotel itself but ohh the bed was so comfortable I would have been happy just staying in that bed!

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

The service was great all around. Scallops at council oak are amazing. Pool is fabulous. The only complaint is we could hear other guests in our room. Not sure if the walls or thin or if the people were just really. Overall great time and there's something for everyone!

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• Superior King Suite

I dislike the whole HardRock concept. They are the only game in town so they do not provide their patrons with great customer service. They charge outrages prices, even knowing you will be gambling. They want to be like Vegas, but they are far from it.

The only reason I enjoyed this place was because I had a 4 day weekend and Booking.com found me a great deal.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Superior King Suite

Casino is soo smokey, casino crowded on weekends. Rooms are worn but clean and large.

Easy access to turnpike, staffed well, nice casino, nice rooms. Great restaurants.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

The room was dusty, need glove test after cleaning.!!! And I would think if you allow dogs, keep them in a sound proof room not next to someone who is really looking for a quiet place to sleep.

The bed was easy on my sore back. The employees were all great!!

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Smoke in Casino unbearable. Even when there were no smokers nearby the smell of smoke was overpowering. Slots seemed to be set extremely tight so one couldn't play for any period of time without just losing money.

Very nice room. Comfortable bed.

• Deluxe Queen Room

The whole place smells like cigarette smoke to me. I had to switch rooms right away because it smelled heavily of smoke. Apparently it had previously been a smoking room. It was very expensive to me also. I normally don't spend that much for a hotel. I had to stay there for a reason, but I did enjoy my stay.

The room was very comfortable and clean. Your staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room

Our rooms 458 and 460 view of roof and carpark.

Fantastic outdoor pool. L cocktail bar prices very reasonable. 7 cocktails plus 1 beer $67. Security and guest safety very good,to go to rooms always a card swipe required to confirm you are a guest at the hotel

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Super convenient for the concert we went to at hard rock live! The staff was very friendly! Lots to do on the property! Room was very clean and bed was a dream!

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

There were a few problems with the cleanliness of the room, I didn't want to make a big fuss because I didn't want my fiancé to get upset but the bathtub had dirt rings, the coffee maker was full of debris(dirt) inside where the water is to go, also the bed had some brownish marks in it. I feel this hotel is too nice and really too expensive to have problems as such. Also when I called to set up an amenity I was not told of the automatic gratuity so it was like they kept adding things to my bill

The property was beautiful, the staff was really nice and my fiancé and I had a really good time for his birthday

Browse Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood traveller photo gallery