Reviews of Sense Beach House 3 stars

400 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139, USA

#21 of 390 hotels in Miami Beach

• King Room with Partial Ocean View

Shower was Luke warm just a very minor issue if at all.

The hotel was everything we expected and more.Staff,location,room,beds and rooftop pool .....Everything was perfect! Thank you for a great getaway we will be back!😉

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Partial Ocean View

I heard from some of our girls that they encountered some lackluster customer service at the front desk and at the restaurant. Me personally, I never encountered any of that, and I always felt like I was being treated like a welcomed guest.

I organized a bachelorette party with 20 girls, and this property was the ideal spot for all of us! We enjoyed the location (close to all the restaurants, bars, and beach), the cute "Instagram" style of the hotel and restaurant, and the fact that the rooms were spacious. Also, the beds were super comfy, and we all slept like babies! Overall, great bang for your buck, and if you're organizing a giant group like I was, make sure you check out this property! They handled our group like pros!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Partial Ocean View

The lobby is a restaurant so it sometimes feels a little awkward squeezing around people eating, especially with luggage.

The rooms were comfortable and the bathroom shower was a pleasant surprise

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Partial Ocean View

The staff in the restaurant was constantly playing with their phones. They had great food but the service varied depending on who was working.

The food, the pool, the location, the beach and all the small things such as there were beach chairs and towels and complimentary wine every night. A nice hotel with great location.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Partial Ocean View

During the evening lady at reception was on Netflix or on her phone, not interested at all. During the day another lady of the reception was great. We were with 4 person and every day we asked for extra towels as they only gave 2 , and they did not meet up wit the request, we had to go down to get them. Quiet area, less attractive part of south beach.

Nice restaurant. Room is ok. Pool area is small but nice.

• King Room with City View

The only thing was, we had to wait a long time for our room and we were beat.

The rooms were bright and cheerful. Bed was very comfortable. Shower area great. Access to beach was great.

• King Room with City View

We always stay at the Sense Beach House! For us it's the best and we feel very much at home! Everyone is very sweet and helpful! The location is very good and quiet. They have a very good restaurant.

• King Room with City View

Staff was disorganized. Valet parking was bad & expensive, they parked our car at another hotel! Hotel Staff Service was poor.

Location & ocean view & pool.

• King Room with City View

The staff, specially at the restaurant is arrogant and not well trained. The pool area wasn’t cleaned in the morning, cleaning ladies came later on and did only the basic to clean it. Rooms in the first floor are noisy and you can hear the music of the restaurant below. A gym would be a very nice to have.

The rooftop pool was so nice and with a beautiful view to the sea. Rooms are absolutely cosy. The restaurant is nice furnished and serves excellent food. Excellent location.

• King Room with City View

They should prioritize hotel guests at the restaurant when it comes to get a table for lunch or dinner.

The hotel and rooms look really like in the pics. Absolutely cosy and nice.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Partial Ocean View

The light in the bathroom was on too long when a member of the family would go in there at night!

Breakfast was wonderful! Our kids loved the fluffy pancakes! The 6 oysters as appetizers the night before were delicious!

• King Room with Partial Ocean View

Location was excellent, close to the beach and Ocean Drive restaurantas and nightlfe, but on a quiet corner. Breakfast was not included to our room, but lots of excellent options were available in the restaurant.

• King Room with City View

In my 1st stay I get the ocean view, it was great although I think the name 'ocean view' is not an appropriate name since you do not really have a ocean view because there are buildings on the other side of the street, but ok, not really a problem. This 2nd time I get city view room. I think people should avoid this because there is no curtain in one of the windows (didn't understand why) and there is a lot of noise in the room coming from the loading and unloading area just below the window until late and also noise coming from some kind of machine from the hotel itself. It was annoying, because when it happened it was not possible to even listen to the TV and made me wake up earlier than I'd like. I used blindfold and ear plugs to reduce these problems. I think the hotel can correct the lack of curtain in one of the windows of the room, but I do not know if it is possible to avoid the noise. If possible I would avoid city view rooms.

Great location, large room, great bed, kind staff. The beach chairs and umbrella included are very useful afterl all you are in front of the beach. I like the minibar, it would be even better if they have a coffee machine. Really like Sense Beach, it was the 2nd time I stayed in this hotel. Highly recommended.

• King Room with Partial Ocean View

The staff were unhelpful and some were rude. The hotel needs some renovation as it is looking a little tired.

The hotel is well situated and the bed was comfortable

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Partial Ocean View

Excellent location, 5 mins walk to all of the bars and restaurants on Oceans Drive for a lively night out whilst being far enough away to enjoy the quieter part of the area and get a great nights sleep. Room was a good size, larger than expected and certainly larger than what I've stayed in before in major US cities. Excellent bathroom facilities and balcony with partial sea view. Beach was right across the road and the hotel provides beach towels and chairs which was a great touch. Resort fee was good value in this respect as it's cheaper than a lot of other places. Also the rooftop deck and pool were excellent. Restaurant was great, had breakfast, dinner and drinks here multiple times. Service provided by the bar staff, especially Vlad, Ted and Alex was superb. They looked after us faultlessly for the whole week and I can't thank them enough. Overall an excellent stay, I'd certainly stay here again and would highly recommend

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Partial Ocean View

Has no breakfast included and no parking. We have to pay 30USD/day for valer parking.

Great location. Beautiful acommodations. Big room. Good bed. Clean. Has a little pool on the Roof real nice.

• King Room with Partial Ocean View

The only thing we didn’t like was the fact the bathroom light was automatic—so if you had to use the restroom in the middle of the night you were met with this blast if light. Other than that, all good.

It was a very bright, comfortable, nicely designed beach hotel. Loved our corner room, which was quite spacious compared to what I hear from others about the larger hotels. We loved eating outside in the couches every morning in the tummy restaurant. Also had a couple lunges out there. Great food and awesome Bloody Mary. Rooftop pool was relaxing and beach super close by. Loved that the had chairs and umbrellas for us to use. Such a lovely stay.

• King Room with City View

no coffee in room or at reception! yes, they have the breakfast place opening at 8:30, but one needs coffee early in the morning. Standard in the US hotels

even in hot Miami, beds were provided with thick linen, very comfortable beds. free glass of wine in the evening brings you down to the restaurant/bar. nice bar!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Partial Ocean View

The pool was great, my son and I spent everyday there. Clean and the staff was very nice. The beach was just across the street and we enjoyed morning beach walks and bike riding. Would recomend this place, the oysters downstairs for happy hour were on point.

• King Room with City View

Staff lost our reservation but was nice enough to upgrade us to an ocean view room, however they also mixed up the keys to our room with another guest. They were quick to fix their mistake but definitely a big miss on their part

Awesome room with a super comfortable king sized bed. We had a corner room with a decent size balcony and panaramic windows. Will definitely stay here again!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Partial Ocean View

Our TV did not work during our stay.

Downstairs restaurant was great and very convenient to have. 24 hr pool access and free daily beach towels were a plus.

• King Room with City View

No breakfast included but haven´t ask for an upgrade. Several nice breakfast spots around.

Very good location, close to the beach (200m) and Ocean Drive (300m) but also quiet enough to get some restful sleep at night. Park for training, beach volleyball and running only a stone-cast away. Beach umbrellas, chairs and towels were provided by the hotel and were in very good condition. Enjoy your free glass of Prosecco (6-7 p.m.) on the roof top terrace refreshing yourself in the pool during sunset. Fantastic coffee and restaurant, too. Liked the place and people very much and can recommend it.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Partial Ocean View

Very limited services ( no coffee in room, no breakfast) , very "neutral" welcome, no personalized service. Room and pool are great, but that's it!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Partial Ocean View

The price but it's on the South Beach level so no suprise.

Great hotel in the heart of South Beach, close to the beach (Lummus Park). The surroundings are not loud and crowded, so relaxing and sleeping are not just a dream in this hotel. The Staff is nice and flexible and a hotel has a great bar/restaurant as well with daily free drinks for the guests and with happy hours. You get parasol, beach chair and beach towel for the 12$ charge per night and you can use the great rooftop pool as well.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Partial Ocean View

Our shower didn't have hot water. I don't know if it was just my room but it was lukewarm . I tried to get in early in the morning while everyone was still sleeping. Still WARM! Sadly the water stayed lukewarm our entire stay! I can't speak for all women across America but I would say we love a HOT shower after a night of partying. :( only downfall.

the rooftop of their building was very nice. from there you can see the ocean. it also has a pool up there and you can order drinks. A staff member will bring it up to you so you never have to leave the pool.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Partial Ocean View

Hotel needs to repair cracks in wall adjacent to molding in room and bathroom. Water pressure is low and water never got hot for showers. Housekeeping is lacking. Pictures shown on Booking.com allude to the hotel having a restaurant. However, the Restaurant is independent of the hotel and quality service depends on the level of diversity training. For example, my first dinner service inside was impeccable. My last dinner service outside paled drastically in comparison. I had to enter through the restaurant to gain access to the hotel. No bellman or concierge services to assist with luggage on arrival or departure. I vacation in SoBo annually but will not be returning to The Sense Beach House. I most likely will return to either Sagamore, The Ritz, or Z-Ocean hotel.

Boutique light and airy beach-style design.

• King Room with City View

We liked everything about this hotel....

The location was perfect (close to beach and restaurants, super quiet, access to public transport). Very comfortable rooms and beds. Friendly and helpful staff. Felt safe and pampered. We had pool to ourselves, and there were lots of nice touches (fresh flowers, lemon water at elevator). Restaurant is very good. Take the South Beach Local (#123) to get around. It's so easy. And the #150 from the Airport takes you within 2 blocks of Hotel.

• King Room with City View

There is no "Sense Beach House signboard" outside of the hotel.

Room was clean. Location was good enough. There are available chair, umbrella and beach towel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Partial Ocean View

Great! Location, across the street from beach....away from the crowd of people. Not a real partial ocean view, its a small openning but too far to really see the ocean.

• King Room with City View

On street parking so expensive. Use the valet parking.

Excellent location just a block away from the noisy area. Short walk across the road to the beach. Room great size. Bed extra comfortable. Stylish bathroom.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Partial Ocean View

The pool area is open all night long. That is a perfect location. Not a lot of people walking back and fourth?

I stayed at the clevlander hotel for three nights.It was my birthday weekend. We was going to nikki beach on sunday. So i wanted something close.I really injoyed myself.I also had two of my best friend's staying here also.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Partial Ocean View

We had two nights sleep disturbed by people partying/talking/rowing in the room next door. Appreciate that the hotel staff cannot do anything about the behaviour of their guests but perhaps better sound proofing is required, and a security guard to tell them to shut up.

The location is perfect, on Ocean Drive but just a block or two away from the busy/noisy area. The food is fabulous too.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• King Room with City View

The noise that came out from the outside from garbage bins that was dragging at 6 am was loud and super annoying and it lasted for a while.

Beautiful and clean hotel. Nice colors and design of the hotel. Good location. Rooms are clean and good size.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Partial Ocean View

service charges, but that's all of Miami beach :( valet is expensive and a bit of a wait when leaving the property. A few staff members not so friendly.

Loved the room, it was cute, cozy, and comfortable! View was not too great, hoped for more of a ocean view.

• King Room with Partial Ocean View

Food was very nice but expensive, also the 18% mandatory service charge...I don't mind paying it but when 2 drinks have 18% added on it's over the top. It should be optional.

Food

Not applicable!

Pool at top. Very friendly and helpful people working there - front desk, mtn., housekeeping, waiters/waitresses and bartender. Great location. Nice and clean room.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Partial Ocean View

The servers at the restaurant weren't very attentive. The shower didn't get very hot. I was charged for something I didn't use from the mini bar.

It was close to everything I wanted to do. The staff was very nice. I had everything I needed while I was there.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Partial Ocean View

The staff was just ok, it seemed like the afternoon and night staff were pretty new. The coffee wasn't the greatest, but the latte was good.

The best was Amazing, it was very comfortable.The ambiance and decor in the lobby and restaurant was

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• King Room with City View

Swimming pool a bit shallow, but if one wants some deep water - the ocean is 300 m away...

Great location, friendly and helpful staf, very good bar/restaurant. The swimming pool at the roof (open 24/7) great for a romantic evening under the stars.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Partial Ocean View

I had to argue to get water from restaurant..Front desk made up there own rules!! They inforced them to some questions and not all!

The Location was great! Room was excellent...Loved the sundeck and how close to everything including the beach.. Walgreens and CVS!And night life as well!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Partial Ocean View

Staff was good, but one girl was very not sympatic, not even a "hello " when she bring us the menu, not smile, she should change her job....

The hotel, the room, the place, very closed to everything

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

No sign for the Hotel. There was no ice without going to the lobby bar. The A/C was not the strongest and it never got really cold.

Location was great, roof deck was really nice, but missing servers on roof. Nobody to take beach chairs to the beach.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• King Room with City View

Very quiet section of South Beach. Very clean room and lobby. The beach chairs were great. And the mattress was like sleeping on a cloud. The lady at the front desk was extreme nice. I wish I had gotten her name.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• King Room with Partial Ocean View

The patio door in our room would not lock. We told reception and were told it was fixed, only it wasn't. We were there for 3 nights and it was not fixed in that time. Hence the removal of the resort fee. We were on the first floor, but safety of guests and their belongings should be a number one item.

The hotel was in an excellent location - on Ocean Drive, but away from all the noise. Lovely to have a complementary glass of wine each evening. Room very clean, side sea view, although you needed to be on the balcony to see the sea. Had resort fee removed from bill - see didn't like. Check in was simple and able to access room a little earlier than we should have. Having a pool on the roof was a bonus.

• King Room with City View

being told we had missed our free glass of wine as we arrived to late, how hard would it have been to just give us a glass, also being told no free breakfast included as we booked via bookings.com, when you book with bookings.com you want to feel valued not at a disadvantage. no kettle, what is it about Americans not putting a kettle for a nice cup of tea in each room, you will get liters of alcohol to buy but why not just put a 12 dollar kettle and two mugs, costs so little but means so much. would boost my scoring on every hotel review i do.

position on south beach road is great, roof top pool great, nice room, hotel a little tired, stained carpets cracked bathroom work tops etc. my advice would be replace carpets in room halls ways from lift to room. lots of stains. iced water by lift this is great. lovely bed and pillows.stayed one night, lovely lady on reception day we left, helped us get a taxi. I would stay again however its expensive a bottle of water in the room is about 6 dollars, drank in error not understanding it was a cost option. drink iced water in reception, very nice.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• King Room with City View

The price of the hotel and restaurant is very expensive but so is everywhere in Miami Beach!

Great location - 20 second walk from beach, 2 minute walk from the main restaurants/bars (but being a couple of roads away means it's much more quiet). Comfy large room with great double shower. Very nice food in restaurant. The roof top pool is a bonus - it was always empty so a great place to relax.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Partial Ocean View

There was no service what so ever. Staff are very unhappy and not polite at all. Too bad love the place!!

Love the place , very pretty pool area , room was comfotable and clean . Location is perfect!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds and Partial Ocean View

Valet service was the worst I've ever experienced. "partial ocean view" is stretching the truth to the extreme. Very difficult to find hotel, no sign for it, no "400" anywhere, it's really not even on Ocean Dr., it's on 4th street. Pool and lounge area on the roof is very dirty.

Room itself was pretty nice.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

A little pricey

Staff members were very nice. The food at the hotel's restaurant was extremely delicious. Walking distance to the beach and many other restaurants on Ocean Drive. The rooms were clean and spacious.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• King Room with City View

The fact that on our first day the person on shift was unaware that we had already paid. We spent almost an hour trying to sort it out and to top it all off, he still insisted on holding $800 on my card. If it wasn't for the very competent staff member who was working on Saturday we would have had a really awful weekend.

Decor of rooms and the overall modern feel.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• King Room with City View

Internet connection not great from my room.

Quiet and great bed... But room a bit dark and no view. Super service and "boutique" feeling to everything.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• King Room with City View

Staff seemed a little confused about our reservation and wasn't very helpful. No coffee or tea station available.

Pretty little hotel at the quiet end of South Beach. Small but very nice roof top pool.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• King Room with City View

Not enough service , beach towels missing. When asked for them to be delivered to the pool we were told we had to wait and then pick them up after. While we were at the pool!?!? Wifi was spotty. Broken umbrellas by the pool.

The bed and the sheets and pillows were fabulous!

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

• King Room with City View

Great staff,nice small bar good food ,location great! Beach across street. After being awake all night Ann at the desk was friendly and accomidating upon our arrival.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

• King Room with City View

Hotel restaurant was good but a bit pricey.

Very good value, located across from the beach but several blocks south of the chaos and noise. If arriving by auto, be aware that parking in MB is a problem. Private lots charge $30-$40/day. I suggest parking in municipal garages within walking distance for half the cost.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• King Room with City View

A coffee machine in.our room would have been nice or complimentary coffee in the lobby would have been wonderful.

Our room was very bright and airy with a beautiful balcony. Lobby restaurant was gorgeous but we did not eat there.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• King Room with City View

Had to ask for water. There was a water vessel on the ground floor, but would have been much more convenient to have been provided with bottles of water each day.

We loved our room. Beautiful decor thought the hotel and lovely restaurant/bar. Just that bit away from the main strip, so a much quieter place to relax, with the bright nightlife a few minutes walk away.

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• King Room with Partial Ocean View

No special touch for honeymoon, lighting was poor in the room. Everything else great

Great happy Hour for guests with a free glass of prosecco. Great bar in general, spacious rooms and fab location.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• King Room with City View

£195 a night (including resort fee) is expensive but it is Miami and all hotels seem to be this much, I cant fault the hotel so its a case of pay up and smile!

Excellent location at the quiet end of Ocean Drive but still within walking distance of bars and restaurants, beach, shops and local buses. Very comfy beds, beach towels and chairs available for use. Free glass of wine on an evening was a nice touch.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• King Room with City View

This was a great little place. The rooms were clean and new, the bed was super comfy and praise the heavens, the shower was big enough to fit a small party and the pressure was just right. They have a nice little rooftop pool set up with lounge chairs if you're too lazy to cross the street and head to the beach. Did I mention the beach was across the road?! Great location, on the quieter end of the main strip but everything within walking distance. Even though we didn't get the breakfast included we did splurge for it one morning and it was pretty darn good. Would definitely book again.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• King Room with City View

As soon as you walk in you see the friendly staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. It has very relaxing beach vibes throughout the hotel. The room itself was very big and had beautiful city beach views.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• King Room with City View

No soap available, just shower gel. No hot water for three days

Super room #10 on third floor. Loved the squishy soft duvet. Excellent staff tried very hard to help us with many things. Even had help signing up to Uber for the first time! Made good use of the pool.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• King Room with City View

You couldn't avoid flooding the bathroom while taking a shower....

The bed was excellent and huge! We ended up not using the pool at the top floor, as the sea is really just 1 minute away, with beach towels and some beach chairs that you could lend from the reception. The restaurant is very nice, but a bit pricey. Location is good, about 10 minutes walking to the center of all the buzz on Ocean Drive.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• King Room with City View

Reception made me sign off on the night of arrival that I had to pay 12.5 % resort tax although I kept explaining it was included with Booking.com. I tried 3 more times over 3 days to sort this out. Finally on our checkout after firstly disagreeing with me they then accepted I was correct. Also lack of hot water available in shower. Also reception never smiled or went out of their way to help as on arrival as our keys did not work to room and no info available on how to work safe or to use phone and I had to keep catching lift back down to reception. VERY DISAPPOINTING

The rooms were clean overall and service waiters in restaurant were friendly

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Not a complain... But Late check out was not possible

Nick, the front desk guy was super friendly. Point for the team. Excelent room. 24h pool. Suport for beach. Nice restaurant.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

• King Room with Partial Ocean View

The partial ocean view room was very partial. The next 2 nights we ended up paying less for complete ocean view rooms. Also, the sheets had dark stains on them. The stains were on the underside of the comforter where I suppose they thought they were hidden, but it felt really creepy when I flipped the sheets back after sleeping on them to realize there were yucky stains on them. Again, stayed at 2 other hotels on the strip for less $$ and the beds were spotless. Final thing, when we checked in, we were warned that we would be charged $20 each for any missing towels, but when we got to our room, we were already short a bath towel. Fortunately, when I told the front desk at checkout, we were not charged but it just didn't feel warm and welcoming and for the price, I really would expect clean sheets.

The room was large and very pretty with very soothing décor. Very short walk to the beach and on Ocean Drive so close to everything.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• King Room with Partial Ocean View

Staff were very friendly, although the pool is small we had it to ourselves most of the time which was nice. Breakfast was fab especially the banana pancakes! Great location and quality compared to other hotels in the area which were more expensive and didnt look as nice. Great holiday :)

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• King Room with City View

Location is really good, very close to beach and Ocean Drive. I really love the hotel and room decorations. Room was perfect. Roof-top pool is so cool. I loved terrace area. You can use beach stuff for free(like chair, umbrella, towels..) Definitelly i will choose this hotel again for my next Miami visit

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• King Room with Partial Ocean View

This is a beautiful, boutique styled hotel. It's location is perfectly nestled just off the beach. The staff was very accommodating, the rooms were quant & it had the best little restaurant/bar in the lobby. I love everything about this hotel and will be staying here again.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• King Room with Partial Ocean View

Attention extra charges! On regular room comes US$ 12% day for surprising resort tax (not mentioned anywhere), then plus 18% tax on the total, ending on US$ +190 for th room per day instead US$ 141 listed in Booking.com. WiFi is wavy going from 100% to 5% up/down. It's probably because everybody is hanging in, incl. staff, hence OK for the odd email, but if you need to do something for business. Bottle of mineral water in the room is listed with US$ 1 as token charre, but getting billed with US$ 6.54 on the final receipt. No coffee in the room as other hotels in this price range. Pools is less than 3 foot. So not really for swimming, but great of hanging out.

Stayed for 2 weeks and all in all was perfect for me. Realizing that a had found a quiet stay in the party place Miami Beach made me happy, (all south of 5th street is quiet). - 100m to the beach - Deck chairs and umbrella provided.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• King Room with City View

No breakfast included in the price. 12 USD daily Resort fee for what? Giving us a portable umbrella and a beach towel?

Clean decoration; Great internet connection; Big and comfortable room and restroom; The rooftop pool! Location is very good, in the quiet side of Ocean Drive.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• King Room with Partial Ocean View

Loved the beachy theme and the amount of natural light in each room. Would return in a heartbeat. Located in a quieter part of ocean drive, but still within walking distance to the downtown bustle

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• King Room with City View

Some but not all of the staff let it down by their attitude. Good lunch menu however evening menu dissapointing. Needs sign outside telling you that is the hotel

Excellent modern,fresh and clean room. Excellent location, minutes from beach. Fab Roof top pool and area

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

• King Room with City View

Service on front desk was appalling. We had to recheck in as we booked an extra night. When we tried to do this, the woman on the front desk insisted we had already check in and she had given us our keys. We hadn't and she was unbelievably rude to my partner and I. When she gave us our key (finally) it was to someone else's room. No apologies were given for this mistake. Generally rude throughout. The additional room service charge was a surprise (but was refunded) This is disappointing given location and facilities. They really let the hotel down.

Good location and rooftop pool is epic. Great being able to use rooftop after checkout for shower. Room 3 was beautiful.

• King Room with City View

Excellent check in by Nikola, the room was fabulous, great toiletries comfortable bed. Excellent pool and seating area on the top floor. We ate here and the food was very good.

Browse Sense Beach House traveller photo gallery