Reviews of Sentinel, a Provenance Hotel 5 stars

614 Southwest 11th Avenue, Portland, OR 97205, USA

#9 of 124 hotels in Portland

Overall very bad stay, but Portland was so beautiful.
    • Parlor Suite

1. Very old and broken rooms 2. Very dirty bathroom 3. Too much noise from construction site opposite to the hotel 4. A guy in the reception has attitude problems 5. If you want to enjoy dont go there

We absolutely hated the stay at Sentinel. We originally searched for a five star hotel and this one came right off the bat. But this is worse than 1 star. I will give -5*

Frustrating
    • Parlor Suite

Extremely spotty WiFi. The hotel was aware of the issue and didn't disclose it on check-in which I would have expected. In 2018, having poor WiFi and not letting your guests know is inexcusable - I'll be staying at other hotels in the future.

Great location and room.

Great location for seeing the sites in the City.

Great location for seeing the sites in the City. The room was well appointed and spacious Plenty of room for clothes and luggage. And a nice sized bathroom

A great place to stay.

Really, nothing

The bed was the softest I have ever slept in. It feels homey not hotel like. I really enjoyed my stay. It was so exquisite and staff so friendly. Wish I had this experience everywhere. The tea kettle and coffee machine is also such a nice amenity. Starbucks downstairs and a great restaurant on site. The bed was very cozy and really nice. Bathrooms have cute tile and feels like home. Wow. Such a great place to stay.

Portland Proper
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Broken faucet handle in bathroom. Got tripped up in all the sheet covers on the bed blanket and duvet. They slipped off and I fell. Not a fan of that solution to keeping it sanitary.

Beautiful intimate, older hotel with large windows. Unfortunately mine looked into a shaft. Wifi was easy as pie. Centrally located downtown near shopping and transit. Jake's Grill on property served wonderful food and is source for room service.

I travel often and this hotel was fantastic. Will book it again in the future.
    • Premier King Room

The staff was amazing. So gracious when I arrived, willing to help me anyway they could when I approached the front desk. Always greeted me when I came back and told me to have a great day when I left.

When something really good is handled badly it is hard to judge fairly.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

On our first night the air conditioning/ heater went haywire after we came back from dinner. We had to turn it totally off and open the window because it was too hot. Opening the window exposed us to the noise of the trains passing nearby. The problem was fixed the next day. Nevertheless the staff was very unsympathetic about the issue; with responses that were no better than those from service numbers where you hear: "sorry for the inconvenience" on automated repeat. To put it mildly: we were "not amused". Management should work on an upgrade.

the perfect location to roam the city and the right facility to enjoy Portland - but . . . see below.

Excellent location
    • Deluxe Queen Room

A little worn: chipped paint, scuff marks in elevators Not a lot of natural light Checkin was inefficient & woman who checked me in didn’t seem to know what she was doing. She also gave me misinformation re: Tri-met train for next morning. I would have been late for the meeting I can’t there for.

Excellent location Friendly staff Quiet Large bathroom with lots of room to put toiletries

Excellent, though expensive, charming though uncomfortable.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The air-conditioning in the room is relatively primitive. The thermostat really does not work; as a result, the vents blew air at random intervals. If some guests (such as ourselves) do have to look out onto an unsightly cement yard, please don't label it a "courtyard"!

The location was excellent; period charm of the hotel as well as interior decoration was also interesting and lent an old-world air to the place. Room size was decent (though not terribly large).

Very stylish.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Can't believe there are no movies on demand. The gym is so-so - several confusing machines, not fully equipped.

Very stylish. Intended for couples especially. Big interior decorating commitment.

We had a special stay

Walls are not sound proof..outside noise was louder in this room than others we have stayed in previously.

The staff and engaging and helpful - more than just professional Hotel has character and so many details in entrance and hallways Location is central and perfect to access anywhere in the Pearl district Bed is very compfortable Room service was superior Starbucks is handy on a cold and rain early morning or late evening. Food recommendations matched our own..so everyone was on point! Special effort made as a repeat customer..nice touch :-)

Very nice staff.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Overpriced for such a small room with no view. Parking not included. Over $50 for valet & tip. I’ve stayed in several downtown hotels and this one does not compare for the price.

Very nice staff. I liked that Starbucks was located inside. Nice restaurants and bars nearby.

Probably the nicest hotel we have ever stayed at.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Close to the tram, so can be a little noisy, depending on where your room is.

Located centrally to most of the city’s attractions. Hotel and rooms look great. Staff were all super helpful.

Nostalgic architecture and decorating made it a very interesting place to stay.

We had to leave extremely early in the morning. We asked if they could bring coffee (a whole pot) in the morning around 6. This was like asking for snow in the high desert. Yet in the morning, my husband called the front desk and they managed to pull together some coffee (or at least it smelled like coffee). It was all a bit strange. Especially since there is a starbucks in the building, which I prefer to not drink, but certainly would in a pinch. It doesn't sound as strange on paper as it was in person, but trust me, it was weird. I think it all depended on who you spoke to on the phone or face to face. Portland is a very interesting town.

The entire hotel was full of nostalgia. Amazing history and culture at this hotel. Great rooms, great hallways, ballrooms. It was quite an experience for those of us that enjoy a little history with our property.

Very nice!
    • Premier King Room

Nothing! The valet parking is 45 dollars but there really isn't a lot of parking around.

The customer service was exceptional. My daughter decided to go last minute and they were very accommodating!

The building is beautiful
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The room was very tired. There’s a difference between charming and old. There was a tear in the duvet cover, one of the robes had an old coffee stain on the sleeve, the water faucet in the shower was impossible to operate, some areas of grout in the shower were stained, the towels weren’t fluffy. The view out the window was pretty bad. The music from the night club at the lobby level was very loud until the wee hours of the night. Probably the least romantic place we’ve staid at by far. Service was five star but the facilities were three stars at most.

The building is beautiful

It was so comfortable, we felt like we were temporary locals.
    • Premier King Room

Because it’s an older building, the windows weren’t weather proofed and the cold air from outside could seep into the otherwise cozy room.

They upgraded our room before we arrived and they wrote a special welcome note for us. The beds are super comfortable, WiFi is fast and there was a special “room at the end of the hall” where we could grab snacks and drinks.

Such a fun place to stay!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The bar looked really cool, but was closed all three nights for a private event

Such a fun place to stay! Everyone was super sweet and the front desk person had GREAT food and bar recommendations which made the trip so much better!

First class service in unique property
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Really liked the hotel and room decor. Staff were first class throughout arrival, lunch service, bar and check out. A great hotel with individual personality and excellent service. Highly recommended.

Loved the historical feel of the building and the room.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Loved the historical feel of the building and the room. Great bar with lots of local beers on tap. Good location and very comfortable. Was only there for one night but will book again next time I go to Portland.

A couple of the reasons I love this place:
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Booking.com did not mention the parking fee ($45/day) or the pet fee ($45/stay)

A couple of the reasons I love this place: -The beds are AMAZING. The linens are really comfy too and it feels like you are sleeping in the lap of luxury. -It is walkable to everything! Becasue it is so centrally located it is easy to walk to resturants, bars, Powells (Portland staple) and more. There are also a ton of food trucks (another Portland staple) right across the street. -Despite being centrally located and having a bar and restuarant downstairs, the rooms are incredibly quiet. -They don't just allow dogs, they love them. When we arrived they had a bed and waterbowl ready for our dog which was lovely since most hotels tolerate dogs at best.

Comfy but expensive for what you get.
    • Parlor Suite

Small bathroom. Smudged windows. Single pane windows let in noise. Not a great value.

Comfy bed. Windows that open. Fun and interesting mini bar items.

Great staff, but watch out for hidden fees.
    • Premier King Room

No parking on site. Very expensive valet fee. Added a $20 "Facility Fee" per day to my bill (not mentioned on Booking). Dealing with other billing errors as well. Sad ending to a pleasant stay.

Staff was great and room was very well appointed and clean. Next to metro line. Nice restaurant in the building as well.

Wonderful, relaxing, fun
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Everything was wonderful. The staff were very nice and helpful. Tony Hoffer was our waiter, he went above and beyond. Thank you again. See you next year. The hotel is beautiful and we loved the history on it

Perfect one night escape from our busy life.
    • Premier King Room

Only getting to stay here one night ☹️

The staff was amazing, very friendly and professional but not in a formal or stuffy way, bordering on chill—very refreshing. Room was comfortable, our room had an outside deck and fire pit which was a romantic end to the day.

Disappointed and didn't match the expectations.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

We felt that the hotel tried to save money on every corner. For example, bath toiletries were not refreshed / refilled overnight, so we stayed without soap (you wouldn't expect that from such hotel rating), tissue box was almost empty and was not refilled. Also the hotels bar is not really their own, so expect huge loud party right in the lobby with way too many people, on the expense of the hotel guests.

The bed was comfortable, room was clean.

Comfort, elegance, top notch staff and a great location make me long to return for another stay.

I was tempted by the minibar snacks but couldn't figure out where the prices were listed.

The awesome, friendly, welcoming staff really made me feel like a special, appreciated guest and not just another face passing through. The lobby was so beautiful I had to stop myself from gawking. The room was cozy and lovely. The bed was really comfortable. When I came into my room, soft jazz was playing on the radio which added to the ambiance. Great location. I had every intention of having a fancy dinner at Jake's but ended up getting food from one of the many food trucks across the street.

Location is superb!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Our windows faced the inner courtyard where many air conditioners were working all the day and night so there was some noise in the room all the time.

Location is superb!

Lovely.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The rooms were lovely. On the first night the music from the nightclub was too loud, so the staff moved us to a higher floor and a much better room or rather suite. It was great and solved the noise problem.

Great Location, pricy especially when overcharged

Appear overcharged...still to resolved Valet $50 per night

Location is perfect, Pearl district easily accessible to bars and restaurants Staff professional, just not warm or friendly.

We stayed in a king suite which had access to a room at the...
    • Premier King Room

We stayed in a king suite which had access to a room at the end of the hall with snacks and drinks. It was very creative and comfy. Our room was clean, pretty and had a private balcony with a fire pit overlooking the city.

Very well presented hotel, the room was comfortable but...
    • Premier King Room

Very well presented hotel, the room was comfortable but there was a wedding in the hotel and the reception was on the 4th floor - we were located on the 5th floor so the music was quite loud. Lots of great restaurants close by.

Other than my wife's incident our stay was lovely.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

My wife was hit in her head by the handicap bench while taking a bath. Whoever used it last did not hook it when they finished using it. It fell down on my wife and left a huge bruise on her forehead. I reported it to the front desk when we checked out yesterday. I also recommended how to fix the bench so it wouldn't happen to someone else. The bench needs to be spring loaded.

The staff was very polite and always helpful.

Nice hotel BEll and Vallet Staff on top of game. Front desk and house Keeping need supervision
    • Parlor Suite

we HAD EXPRESSO BUT NO COFFEE! I am a early riser . when I call down I was told the restaurant does open till 7:30 but I could come down and they could get me Coffee in the Loby . or they could bring me some more expresso, It was some thing I did not like hearing. The next day we asked for more than one sugar and we got one packet of sugar. We used up all the body wash and shampoo the first day and that all we wear allow. The devil is in the detail and he is alive and well in room 224 Jeff Mason 214 327 5711

JAKE WAS STELLAR THE ROOM WAS VERY NICE THE BED WAS GOOD

Central location with easy quick access to max light if...
    • Premier King Room

Central location with easy quick access to max light if needed, beautiful architecture, many different foods/restaurants to choose from - international to home style

I stayed at the Sentinel on the ninth night of a twenty-one...
    • Premier King Room

That I stayed in Portland only one night.

I stayed at the Sentinel on the ninth night of a twenty-one day road trip. I booked it because, after so many nights on the road, I wanted to feel the loving embrace of a little luxury. It didn't disappoint. My room was spectacular, and the staff was splendid. (By the way, had a great dinner across the street at Mucca Osteria.)

Elegant comfortable hotel right downtown.
    • Premier King Room

If you have a car, the daily garage rate is steep, even for guests.

The staff was consistently friendly, helpful, and available. The room was thoroughly cleaned every day and the bed was beyond comfortable. There wasn't a sound from another room at any time. Amazing. The location is excellent. We didn't have a car and didn't need one. Powell's book store is a few blocks away, as are Jake's Crawfish restaurant, good coffee shops, and many other eating and shopping places. We took several day tours which picked us up at the hotel door. We would certainly stay here again.

Should have left it a memory
    • Premier King Room

We stayed in the premier king room last time we were there 400 square feet, it was amazing.... I made sure to book the same BUT even tho I called to confirm the room type and paid $120 more for it, we ended up in a small 235 sq room tiny bathroom and was told it was a premier king...??? AND that it was 325 sq.. I don't like to be lied to and I was sure this tiny little room wasn't 325sq so I measured... what do you know it was about 245sq... needless to say, I didn't bring it up with them again, just don't ever plan on going back. 😞

We stayed here 3 years ago and were so excited about returning. Too bad now we will not return

In the thick of it
    • Premier King Room

We had a room with a gas fireplace in it and loved it -- comfortable, clean and handsomely decorated. It has now become my favorite place to stay in Portland. Beyond the hotel itself, you can walk to EVERYTHING, and most parade routes go right go by the area. If you love being right in the thick of all things Portland, stay here.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Perfect!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The staff were super friendly and helpful. The restaurant adjoining the hotel treated us like VIP guests. And their food was excellent. The hotel smelled terrific and everything about it was so clean and cozy. The location was in a perfect part of Downtown. Couldn't have been happier.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Can walk everywhere in the city (almost).
    • Deluxe Queen Room

No grip bar in the shower/tub. Needs one more bright light, the room was a tad dark.

Can walk everywhere in the city (almost). Glassy and elegant. The most comfortable bed we ever slept in. Proximity to great restaurants...especially Mucca, a wonderful Italian restaurant around the corner. The beautiful leafy, tree-lined streets. Great public transportation although we never used it; we walked or used Lyft to get anywhere. Friendly and helpful staff.

Very nice hotel if you want to stay in downtown
    • Deluxe Queen Room

There was an issue with the thermostat in the first room (the room was cold) which meant we didn't sleep very well on the first, but the staff were friendly and quickly moved us to another room. I don't think I'd want to stay in downtown Portland again as I found other neighbourhoods more interesting but if anyone wants to stay downtown then I'd highly recommend the hotel.

I really liked the architecture of the building and the restaurant.

Bed was the most comfortable bed I can ever remember.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Bed was the most comfortable bed I can ever remember. Have a king at home with no expenses withheld to have a high quality matress. Although the bed comfort was unreal.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

good night's rest, right downtown.

oh - the bar in the lobby is some kind of hot-spot for people to listen to loud music and drink a whole lot, late into the night it seems. no clue if this was private parties or open to the public, weekend nights were jam packed. That may be a ++ for some people. we did not hear that at all from our room though! It would have been nice though if there were a quieter space for an after dinner drink to unwind a bit before bed.

bed is extraordinarily comfortable -- and bedding is well thought out for the climate. I have a bedding pet-peeve: hotels get this WRONG so often, but THE BED is the reason you are there. Best example is Vegas. Blazing desert heat and in every hotel the bedding on the bed is this ridiculous down comforter and you're supposed to crank the A/C so that it's tolerable to sleep in a bed with THAT much heavy covers. by contrast: Portland is cool and drizzly a lot of the time and sometimes super damp cold but sometimes warm & sunny by day. The bedding at the Hotel Sentinel is just like your clothing should be: in layers. Chilly, throw on the hoodie. wow it's hot! strip to the t-shirt. We had a mix of weather and the bed was appropriate every night.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

New spot in Portland
    • Premier King Room

Parking a car at hotels in Portland has become crazy expensive. This hotel charges close to $50 a night. That being said, valets were amazingly quick and went out of their way to comply with requests. Bed a little too soft for us but it is minor complaint.

Excellent staff across the board. They were accomadating,friendly and readily available.. We got a room with a balcony as an upgrade. As long as you didn't look down onto the mechanical workings of lower buildings the view was pleasant. This balcony became the highlight of our stay as we picknicked with family members during the day. Room was very quiet even though it was next to the elevator and there was a very popular night spot in the hotel. The hotel is very near the concert venue we were attending. We only used the car to get to and leave the hotel. Room well appointed with creature comforts.

The perfect place down town
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Nice boutique hotel centrally placed in the old (and super charming) centre of Portland, OR. The lobby bar makes a perfec(!)t Whiskey Sour. The restaurant serves very good food and serves killer cocktails. I read that the hotel could be noisy. The staff even apologized that they only had a room on the second floor, which I could change the following day if too noisy. Despite an ongoing wedding, one of the days, and a very lively audience in the lobby bar on some of the days, I have not heard a single noise!

The bed was dreamy, and the location makes walking...

View was lacking, and the heating/cooling system was pretty loud at night while trying to sleep. Due to lots of events at the hotel over the weekend, the hallways got noisy early in the mornings.

The bed was dreamy, and the location makes walking everywhere in Portland so easy. 24-hr Room Service, including ice cream delivery right to your room, is a very nice amenity. This hotel has a lot of character and you can tell they put thought into the little details that make a stay there awesome! It's also close to the Alder Food Truck Pod - great for grabbing a quick bite before or after exploring the city.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Perfect downtown stay !
    • Premier King Room

found bar music a little loud and raunchy. . . would have preferred some smooth jazz or?

Extremely helpful staff and classic yesterday era charm . . . felt like we were living Portland's history a bit

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Great place - stay here!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Bathroom ventilation was not great. I saw a better deal on the website after I was already checked in.

Staff was great and responsive. I loved the bed so much, I want to call them and find out what kind of bed it was. They made a reservation at Jake's for us, and we were truly treated like VIP! I love the mix of old and trendy. Loved the coffee bar in the room, but also loved Starbucks access from lobby. Next to the best food truck pod in the city! Suite upgrade was very reasonable and a godsend on a very rainy visit to PDX.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Beautiful, classic city hotel
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Bar area a little too dark.

Beautiful hotel with character. Central location. Lovely decor and extremely comfortable rooms. Clean and well provisioned bathrooms. Restaurant excellent.

The provenance group are a bunch of amateurs

See above

I rented the best room in the hotel for Two nights price no object because my partner suffers from medical issues and we always travel top shelf MAINLY because the rooms are always clean...until now. Imagine my surprise when, after already sleeping in them, I noticed my sheets were COVERED with yellow pissed stains!

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Gorgeous interior and amenities, unresponsive service
    • Deluxe Queen Room

We requested turn down service twice and never received it. We stayed 2 nights and were not given fresh towels after asking the staff and being assured it would be done. Besides that inconvenience we enjoyed the hotel, but I was expecting more from a hotel with such a great reputation. We loved Jack Knife and we enjoyed our stay besides the poor communication and lack of action by the staff.

Best hotel

Everything from the beautiful style of this gem to the beauty of the staffs hearts, especially Santos who brought the roll away bed. The rooms were quiet And comfortable with the added bonus of the sound of rain on the skylight .

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Great place with nice feel to it.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Very large and mixed up arounf the lobby, hard to find right lift for room. No real problem however.

Nice location and the guy at check in very friendly and helpful. Comfort in room.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Casual, classy boutique hotel
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The vibe. Casual but classy. The upbeat music in the lobby. Starbucks accessible from the lobby. Boutique hotel feel. $5 minibar credit for reusing towels, sheets! The hip decor-- bicycle, antiques, books in the lobby..

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Bed was comfortable.
    • Parlor Suite

Room had half a roll of toilet paper with no extra when you ran out. Hotel staff let someone into our room that was at the same event as us and had visited the room prior to event but was not a guest in the room and did not try to contact me or notify me that they had been allowed access.

Bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Beautiful pet friendly hotel, little attention to detail needed
    • Parlor Suite

For what you pay per night, attention to detail is very important to me. The bathroom shower wall had dirt or something all over it, as well as the dog bowl provided was not cleaned at all. Dogs spread disease very easily through contact with shared things, so that was particularly irksome.

Lovely room. Extremely comfortable bed. All staff we interacted with treated us and our pup very well.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Classic Building with modern hip vibe.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Upon check in staff tried to get us to buy upgrades to a suite them a king bed, came across as desperate and tacky

Classic Building with modern hip vibe. Walking distances to great restaurants and shopping

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Great hotel for comfort and service.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

There was nothing I did not like.

Tasteful decor. Large room with space to sit and work. Umbrella in room for use outside. Great hairdryer. Quiet and comfortable ambience. Old style luxury and comfort. Great beds and linen. Plenty of towels and good toiletries.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Mostly good!
    • Premier King Room

Soft and somewhat lumpy mattress. Overnight parking is ludicrously expensive, and valet left us standing in the rain waiting w/out being greeted until we were really wet from the weather.

Beautiful decor, and excellent room service. Plus they treated us to champagne for our wedding anniversary.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Booked a corner premier king room but the wifi was...
    • Premier King Room

Booked a corner premier king room but the wifi was inaccessible so they "upgraded" us to an executive floor room which had a terrace but was too small and not really what we had expected. Disappointing!!

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Perfect foodie location
    • Premier King Room

Booked a room with a fireplace, didn't get it. Had a beautiful corner room though. The hotel staff sent amazing local chocolates and wine to make up for it.

Amazing location. Walking distance to all foodie heavens.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Really comfy, skip the valet parking

The price is pretty steep. The valet parking was expensive and took over 30mins for our car to arrive when we wanted to leave - really annoying!

Really comfy bed. Delicious teas and coffee in the room.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

charming room with a window that opens!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

one day our room was only 3/4 made up. Housekeeping forgot to put the pillows on the bed and the throw blanket (left on a chair and the floor) and did not refresh the bathroom soap/shampoo. we did not voice a complaint to management as it was not a huge deal, but surprising non the less.

charming room with a window that opens! plus liked the casual but kind front desk staff plus starbucks and Jake's a bonus. location of course is perfect.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Most of the staff was extremely helpful and accommodating.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Late night desk person was a tad brusque as we checked out. Our room had a huge bathroom, but that sacrificed some floor space in the room area. Our room's windows were so high in the wall that we couldn't see out of them.

Most of the staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. The hotel was overall very nice and cozy. It felt well curated and created a nice ambiance. Our room included a cozy gas fireplace.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Nice hotel that is worth the priice!

We were told replacement staff were present for check-in (due to a staff meeting). Replacements were vey friendly but not as knowledgeable as the typical staff seemed to be. The bar had limited offerings and the bartenders seemed to cater more to the younger clientele with their drink knowledge.

Location was outstanding...walking distance to many good restaurants and tourist locations. The facilities were excellent...better than expected...a very nice property! Usual staff were very friendly and helpful...even at unusual times of the day (like check-out at 3:30am).

Wonderful charming hotel, great staff, great location!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

My only issue was the towels were thin and 1 was quite threadbare with holes.

The staff was very nice, patient with our questions and had great recommendations for places in the neighborhood. Thank you for excellent customer care!

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Terrible service, no internet for us
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Decided to leave after the Internet would t work, their IT consultant said it was an access point shadow, the front desk said that we were the problem, and then accused us of lying about their wonderful service.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Fantastic Location! Fantastic Staff! Fantastic Stay!

The price, but I'm always concerned about the pricing of hotels. The valet parking seems to be expensive too.

Location. Location. Location. This hotel was within walking distance to most of that half of Portland. There are a slew of food trucks across the street (fare of all sorts). Target is also across the street, incase you forgot anything. The staff was also very hospitable and courteous.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Great for a single traveler that does not like to eat breakfast at the hotel.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Need Two comfy chairs in the room. Jakes is known for their dinners I guess but the breakfast was terrible. Egg omelette that was hard as rubber with the taste of cardboard. Luckily Tasty N Alder is an awesome restaurant just a block or two away.

THe bed was very comfy but I thought it was weird and uncomfortable that there was only one chair in the room (aside from a low 3 legged stool ). Do you read the paper or enjoy some wine while sitting on a stool? Really? This is supposed to be a 4 star plus property. The breakfast in the restaurant downstairs truly sucked. Extremely slow service and mediocre food. These two things a deal breaker for me. Can't wait till the renos are complete at the Heathman Hotel restaurant. They serve an awesome breakfast.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Great location for a historical gem.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The lighting in the room was too dark for my taste. Difficult to read and to apply makeup, even in the bathroom.

The location was the best part and the historical features of the hotel were well preserved despite being updated.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

A funky hotel with interesting vibe

I prefer to swim for exercise if paying over $US300 every night

The bed was super comfy with crisp white sheets and the front desk staff were very welcoming.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Beautiful Historic Hotel...Perfect Location!
    • Premier King Room

Check-out was a bit complicated, because the rate that we expected was higher due to a city tax increase, but they made it right...so no complaints.

We loved our room on the "Club Floor". We had a decorative fireplace in the room, and a balcony with an outdoor fireplace! The room was comfy, and we loved the in-room coffee maker. We prefer historic hotels and this one was beautiful!

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Hospitality, i.

A bit bigger room for 2 ppl.

Hospitality, i.e., staff eager to help and guide, love the mix of vintage and renovated. Enjoyed guidance to Tastee & Alder for breakfast. Great visit to Oregon historical museum. Thx!

The restaurant was fantastic!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The restaurant was fantastic! We ate there for lunch when we checked in and our server Tony was a gem. What a sweetheart. We enjoyed the food and experience so much we went back the next night for dinner. Unfortunately Tony wasn't working, but still another great experience.