Reviews of Seton Hotel 3 stars

144 East 40th Street, Murray Hill, New York, NY 10016, USA

#186 of 415 hotels in New York

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Overall, great stay. Would recommend.
    • Double Room with Shared External Bathroom

The room was good but the photos were a bit better. The AC dripped a bit one night and made some noise made was a bit uncomfortable for some minutes. We talked to the people at the reception on the following day and they fixed it immediately.

LOCATION. LOCATION. LOCATION. Totally central but still far away from the confusion of Times Square and other areas of Midtown. Almost no noise. Comfortable bed. Medium-sized room (with external bathroom). Great amenities.

Don't let the shared bathroom put you off!
    • Double Room with Shared External Bathroom

I was really apprehensive about the bathroom not being in our room! I never stayed in a hotel with an external bathroom! But it wasn't weird at all! It was super close to our bedroom and was cleaned all the time, I never had to wait to use it and the hotel provided bath robes for us for extra comfort!

Would highly recommend for short stays
    • Double Room with Shared External Bathroom

Bathroom very updated and clean but did not use the shower even though I knew it was a shared bath when booking

Room very comfortable and decor updated and trendy

Clean room, helpful staff, great location, free bag storage
    • Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only let dow was the system with room keys, which were handed into reception when leaving the hotel. Upon collection you gave your room number and were handed the key, but we were never asked to give our name or show any confirmation, meaning anyone who asked for the wrong room number could be given access to our bedroom. However, this was the only problem with our trip, everything else at the hotel was fantastic!

Clean room, helpful staff, great location, free bag storage

Locations is superb.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Spaces are small tea/coffee in the room would be nice.

Locations is superb. Staff is responsive and helpful and hotel is clean and furnishing is good. Overall very comfortable.

Aussie Sue
    • Petite Room with One Double Bed

Our room was right next to the tea/coffee area and this was very noisy from 6am. And these facilities were only open from 6am-11am. No in room tea facilities and no fridge. Unfortunately the cleaners were slack and did not clean behind the bathroom door with a large buildup of dust being there for a couple of months 😕

The location was great and staff very friendly. Great for a short stay.

Expensive accomodation but good stay
    • Executive Suite

The executive suite bathroom is slightly too small. There’s no lock to the bathroom/toilet. The amenities provided wasn’t enough. Extra amenities required to be requested, a hassle. The lifts is small and slow and can get stuck in there or it doesn’t really stop at your floor.

Everything was good. The bed was comfortable, there was two heating/air conditioning, one in each room, rooms were spacious, 24hour access to reception...

Great location and super-friendly staff. Basic amenities but charm!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

no mini-bar, nor breakfast within the hotel (just tea and coffee). Very temperamental elevator!

great location, small but charming hotel, good size room and bathroom, very friendly staff. Also a beautiful patio area out the back to chill!

Comfortable stay in central location
    • Petite Room with One Double Bed

Plumbing noisy at nights, could hear flushing of toilets from other rooms

Location is perfect being close to most things, room was really clean and the staff helpful

Excellent hotel
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The hotel is great!!! Clean, confortable (The room could be bigger, but it’s normal sized for NY), and The employees were always nice as well.

Perfect, Accommodating and Comfortable!
    • Double Room with Shared External Bathroom

The only problem we had was getting the iron and ironing bored. We had to cancel it one day as it took too long and the second day it took over 40minutes to arrive. Not a huge issue.

I loved the friendly welcome we received, the excellent cleaning staff, the rooms comfort and décor were beautiful and the shower was wonderful (loved how they gave you dressing gowns to go to and from the bathroom)!! Also where the hotel is situated to Time Square and Grand Central is perfect.

Above aVERAGE CARING,SINCERE,HONEST STAFF.

what dod'nt i ..

The staff renmembered me by name again asked how I wa! they made me fel safe and not worry about a thing. As i am playing to move to city took time to help me with ueads! again a very caring personal unbihgoted staff! martin chalecki homeland 72081

Perfect spot for New York stay!
    • Double Room with Shared External Bathroom

Great location, really friendly staff, and a great price. We had the shred bathroom and I couldn't tell you how many people we shared with as we never saw anyone else use it for the entire 5 night stay. Its about 3 minute walk to grand Central terminal and walkable to many big locations. Would definitely stay here again.

Seton Made My Kids Think I'm a Hero!
    • Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds

I only wish that I hadn't wasted money on a different place the night before last!

I am impressed beyond these mere words with the staff, the quality and attention to detail, and comfort. My children thought I was a hero for letting them stay at such a nice place! We absolutely loved it. I highly respect that they keep the beautiful hotel authentic while maintaining outstanding modern conveniences.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Great spot to explore New York from.

Room was a little dark and looked out on brick wall but upside was it was very quiet from NY streer noise!!

Comfortable bed and nice bathroom. The staff were very helpful and informative. Location was just minutes walk from time square and the train station.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Location, the size of the room, decoration are very good!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

You hear the noise of the shower of other rooms in your room. And the noise of the airconditioner is a little bit strong. But there are minner complaints. I was so happy to stay at the hotel.

Location, the size of the room, decoration are very good!

Great centrally located hotel for a good price.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The air conditioning unit in the bedroom was a little noisy.

Bedroom was great. Location was fantastic only a block and a half from grand central station, easy walk. The staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay there again.

Gay friendly
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Staff was very gayfrie fly even.men I even had s date go nuts on me there concern was I Martin chalecki

Stadg wS vdr y gsy sullryi e stsyed sn r,tda nivhtaryin chalecki

Lovely boutique hotel in NYC
    • Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds

We stayed on top floor and could hear the water flushing every time when used in the building.

The room was nice and large with excellent bathroom. Great location and nice staffs.

Great experience, would highly recommend
    • Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds

Smaller sink/bathroom and a/c blew cold air right on us in our room, but minor overall. Super pleased.

Location can’t be beat. Five minute walk from Grand Central Station. Staff very friendly and great value. Very clean. Comfortable bed, nice towels, hot showers.

Really clean, neat and felt modern.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I really think a jug or coffee maker is essential. Especially after returning from a long day walking or the theatre. Great double glazing keeps out street noise but easy to hear neighboring rooms.

Really clean, neat and felt modern. Not tired like so many NYC hotels.Good bathroom and plenty of room to hang or put away clothes.

Comfortable stay on a budget in terrific location
    • Double Room with Shared External Bathroom

-Thankfully was sorted but put a damper on things: We were initially given what felt like a smaller and outdated room (#511) than what was advertised. I later discovered this was a ‘petit double room’ and was available as a cheaper option which we didn’t have at the time of booking (we simply booked a double bed with shared bathroom so seemed we got unlucky). I felt this wasn’t really fair at the time as others may be none the wiser. Moreover the major issue was the AC unit kept as up for the first night as it was so loud and in need of a service. Thankfully the friendly receptionist acknowledged the AC issue and we were able to swap to what felt like a far more spacious and certainly fresher room (#512). This was despite the receptionist saying all the rooms were much the same in size and style which did not feel this way. None the less we were very happy with the outcome and more comfortable for our following 4 nights. - Bed was pretty uncomfortable which had me tossing and turning but you shouldnt have problems if you’re a heavy sleeper or zonked after a big day .

-Great location 5 min walk from grand central station and 10 mins to Times Square. - We used the shared bathroom that were always exceptionally clean and always available which made the stay far more comfortable. - Really friendly staff always happy to help. - Free coffee/tea in morning - I think all up very reasonable value for its location

Great Value for money
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Just a few small things. Tea and coffee were only available in the morning. There were no drink vending machines for other times of the day. Quiet area but quiet a distance to walk to places of interest.

Small boutique type hotel close to UN building and short walk to East River. Lots of restaurants close by and just a couple of blocks from Grand Central. Staff were friendly and room was tiny but scrupulously clean.

Great location, immaculate hotel, fantastic staff.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

As the hotel doesn’t have a bar facility (there are vending machines and complimentary tea and coffee in the morning) a small in room fridge and some glasses would make a huge difference.

Fantastic hotel. We booked a room with en-suite. Yes the room was compact but it was more than large enough for us both and our luggage (I’d been away a month and had quite a lot!) and you’re in New York - you’re in your room to sleep. It was spotlessly clean, had good air con and, as we overlooked the back terrace, very quiet. The location is great, a few steps from Grand Central Staion and surrounded with places to eat and drink.

I would highly recommend it and would go back there!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The elevator! There is only one elevator and it is now really spacious.

My husband and I has such a good experience with this hotel! We booked a room with private bathroom and it was really clean and spacious considering that it is in NYC - Midtown! Complimentary tea and coffee in the morning are a nice plus and the location is great: one block away from the Central Station, which I would recommend everyone to visit anyway, and one block away from the shuttle station for the airport (we took the shuttle from there to the Newark airport for $18 per person! The hotel is in Midtown (Manhattan) and you can basically walk everywhere, or take a taxi or the metro! I would consider this place next time we are in NYC!

Probably amongst the best value for money in the area
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Loud window airconditioning untits. Ours was not in good shape, making an even louder noise. After we complained, the hotel changed the unit with a brand new one - the same day. That was great service!

Prime location, friendly and efficient staff, clean, correct comfort.

Lovely staff to New York
    • Double Room with Shared External Bathroom

Had a shared bathroom and wasn't sure how that would go; but it was perfect. Robe in the room too. Loved the value for money for new York. Safe area and close to most attractions - walked everywhere.

Wonderfully chic hotel
    • Double Room with Shared External Bathroom

I like the design of the rooms. There's free coffee and tea in the morning too. Backdoor patio is also open during summer. The staff from the receptionist to the cleaner were also particularly nice. Love the location - close to Shake Shack and many coffeeshops.

In the middle of everything, yet quiet at nigt
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Excellent location. Very close to Grand Central station; 17 minute walk to Empire state building; extremely attentive staff. Multiple restaurants, delis, bars nearby.

The location was perfect, close to everything.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The price, but it's New York!

The location was perfect, close to everything. I loved the decor of the room. Everything was great, no issues at all.

I loved this place!
    • Double Room with Shared External Bathroom

The only complaint that I have is that the elevator is slow, and pretty hot. After walking outside all day, it’s kind of miserable. But I’m pretty dramatic when I get hot. And this is just me being nitpicky. Don’t let this change your mind!

I loved this place! The staff are AMAZING. The rooms are comfortable, and quiet. I started out with a shared bathroom, and was hesitant. It wasn’t a problem at all. Very clean, and I never had to wait. There are two bathrooms on each floor. And they’re immaculate. We liked it so much, we added an extra day, and moved to a queen room. This included a private bathroom, which, wasn’t a plus or minus, because the shared bathroom was just as fine as a regular bathroom. Our first room didn’t have the best view, but it wasn’t bad! But we get excited about seeing buildings. The queen room has a great view, overlooking a little sitting area for an office, with a fountain. The beds are very comfortable, and the robes are, too. Location is fabulous. I can’t recommend it enough. If the Seton had a special membership club, I’d sign up.

small, tastefully decorated hotel in the best location.
    • Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds

the window airconditioning is very noisy

the location is outstanding. you can safely walk to most places of interest. coffeeshops, bakeries and delicatessen 5 minutes away. the front desk manager Shawn is very helpful. the bathroom is sparkling clean .

Sean and the other staff were so helpful. I enjoyed my stay and will be booking again - thank you!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Because the thin window faced into a tiny courtyard, the room lacked daylight, but also because of that, it was very quiet - so not complaining. Air-conditioning noisy but one machine could be switched off.n which was better. Couldn't open the window to air the room, so air conditioning essential.

Really nice tastefully furnished hotel. Lovely friendly helpful staff. Exceptionally clean, little shampoos etc provided. No breakfast but complimentary tea/coffee 6-11am. Super location. Will be coming back - thank you!!!

The location is great, it’s about 10 minutes from Times...
    • Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds

The safety deposit box is at reception, I prefer if it’s in the room but it’s a very small complaint.

The location is great, it’s about 10 minutes from Times Square & very close to Grand Central Station. I stayed there with my 2 teenage sons for 5 nights. We had a premier room with 2 double beds & a private bathroom. The room was very spacious, the bathroom was brand new. The beds were so comfortable, we slept like logs in them. Every single staff member is so friendly & helpful. We had a great stay.

The hotel is very lovely and offered a charming design.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The noise isolation of the room is poor. We got disturbed several times in our sleep.

The hotel is very lovely and offered a charming design. The patio and the common living space are fantastic. The location is excellent: few mins from Central Station, Madison avenue, 5th avenue and Time Square.

I had a shard bathroom room (much to my surprise).
    • Double Room with Shared External Bathroom

I had a shard bathroom room (much to my surprise). But everything was exceedingly clean and up to date. I'd stay there again. I liked the high ceilings and the little guest lounge.

Overall, a great location & comfortable stay!
    • Double Room with Shared External Bathroom

Overall, a great location & comfortable stay! Small(er) rooms, but very clean & seemed to be newly renovated/ modern feel. Not have a coffee maker/ kettle in the room was a little disappointing as they only offered tea/coffee until 11a. Staff was extremely helpful & kind! Like other reviews, the elevator was very tiny & slow--but it was only 6 floors so we opted for the stairs most days which was no problem for us! Only suggestion would be to have mini-fridges in rooms/ tea/coffee!

I would stay here again!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The one elevator was slow. Only one ice machine was on the first floor. Shower curtain in 610 had a sour smell. Other than that, everything was fine!

Great mid-town east (Murray Hill) location. The bed was very comfortable. It was nice to leave the key at the desk so I didn't have to worry about losing it.

A very good hotel in a very convenient location, with professional reception and technical staff.
    • Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds

I could not regulate the temperature in the room.

Clean, new furniture, coffee and tee available in the lobby for a few hours in the morning, all staff very kind and responsive.

Brilliant Location, Great little Hotel!
    • Double Room with Shared External Bathroom

The location was great, 2 minute walk to Grand Central, walking distance to Times Square and great food places close by. The staff were all lovely and our room was kept immaculate. We also opted for the shared bathroom but never saw another person using it so don't let that put you off.

Great location in Midtown and friendly service.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The rooms could be vacuumed in a cleaner manner. There should be more cable TV channels compared to other hotels I stayed at in Manhattan.

Location, comfort and staff.

Very happy with my stay here
    • Petite Room with One Double Bed

The room is small, but I don't think you spend much time in your room in Manhattan anyway.

Very clean and comfortable. All the things I needed and nothing I didnt. Staff were courteous and helpful.

Seton New York
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Basic but comfortable. No tea coffee facilities in the room . Limited facilities on site .

Location was brilliant . All staff were helpful and friendly .

Perfect for my one night stay.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

This is likely on me: I was cold in my room on arrival and wanted to warm up, but could not get my heat to work. I could have gone downstairs to ask for some assistance, but I chose to suck it up. Perhaps just ensuring that the heating is working in rooms :) Also, the elevator fits about 3 people and there is only one elevator. So at times with a lot of people in the lobby, it took some time to get up with luggage. Not a huge deal though. Would still definitely stay here again.

Perfect for my one night stay. Comfortable and clean.

Front desk clerks (met three over the course of my stay)...
    • Petite Room with One Double Bed

It was all good. No complaints.

Front desk clerks (met three over the course of my stay) were each fabulous. Parking was only a block and a half away and even they were awesome.

The stay was okay for the price. I personally wouldn't stay here again.
    • Double Room with Shared External Bathroom

The bedroom mattress was really hard and they did not have a ramp to bring up your luggage. Just steps so it was challenging to bring my luggage up the stairs. The hotel elevator was so tiny that only two people fit at a time and that's only if one of the two had a luggage because there wasnt room for two people with bags.

They offer free slippers for you to keep and a bathrobe for you to use during your stay.

Great value in central NYC
    • Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds

We would have really like tea/coffee and a safe in the room instead of having to go to the ground floor for them.

Really friendly staff and great value for a comfortable room in such an excellent location. Free safety deposit boxes are available to use at reception, and there is complimentary tea/coffee on the ground floor during the morning. The room was spacious and quiet with good bathroom facilities and good air con.

Once I moved from a small room in the front of the hotel on...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Outdated and strange decor in the bedroom and dingy looking carpet (but it was clean).

Once I moved from a small room in the front of the hotel on the street to one in the back, it was much quieter and could sleep. The bathrooms are updated and very clean.

Excellent location

In the mornings it was noisy and busy-difficult to have a comfortable sleep-in.

Location, location, location! Only Afew mins from grand central station from which you can access everywhere in NYC.We had a delux room on the ground floor which was very nice. Free tea/coffee in the mornings which was handy. Lovely cheap bagel shop around the corner "express bagels" which was great for breakfast.

NYC is a must see attraction :)
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Fantastic location in midtown Manhattan. Perfect if you want to feel the rhythm of the city that neverfall asleep. A short walk distance from the first attractions, the Grand Central station, the Chrysler building and so on. A great place to start and end tours of New York.

Lovely boutique hotel in the heart of midtown
    • Deluxe Queen Room

These are just very minor things: - the elevator takes getting used to as it stops at each floor for a very short period of time so you have to react fast! - the hotel closes at 10pm so you have to ring the bell to get someone open the door

Great boutique hotel in the heart of midtown. There are many great features: - very clean and comfy - the room was bigger than some of the other hotels at the same price point - lovely lounge on the first floor - free coffee and tea, free maps (just ask for one) - great wifi speed - location is superb, close to major sites and shopping (mins away from Grand Central station) - friendly and helpful staff

Free morning coffee was great quality.
    • Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds

The elevator was tiny and fiddly. Room was small. Wished there was a restaurant/room service for this price per night.

Free morning coffee was great quality. Near to good eateries & supermarket.

The room and shared bathroom is very clean.

Expensive.

The room and shared bathroom is very clean. The staff is friendly. The location is good. Near the Grand central subway station and airport shuttle bus stop.

Super location, sleep deprivation
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Two things, one of them being a very British issue! We would have appreciated the use of tea making facilities in the room- a kettle and tea bags, coffee sachets and milk. Although this was provided in the lobby, it’s far more convenient to have in the rooms. Lastly, our sleep was majorly disrupted by the noise due to the poor sound proofing through the windows. The AC unit in the window meant that the sound from the bustling and noisy streets came directly into our room. It was almost as if the window was permanently open. This lead to poor sleep for both of us. I had to sleep with earphones in because of it. Needless to say, everything about the hotel was perfect for our stay- it was this one pretty important issue that spoilt it.

The staff were friendly, helpful and provided superb service. The room was adequate for the length of stay in terms of the comfort of the bed, size of bed and bathroom, TV etc. Free tea and coffee provided in the lobby. A lovely furnished reception room downstairs. Free WiFi- fantastic! It is also perfectly located for quick access to anywhere in the city and super close to my brothers apartment- which was the overriding benefit of staying at the hotel.

Great location, clean room
    • Deluxe Queen Room

- Long wait time for elevator / sometimes didn’t stop - No complementary drinking water

- Cleanliness - Fast Check-in/out - Fast wifi - Great location

Excellent location, excellent staff and a two minute walk to grand central station.
    • Double Room with Shared External Bathroom

Perhaps could have given a free pass to local gym.

Perfect location, central to all main tourist attractions. Really helpful and friendly staff and would recommend this place to family and friends visiting New York.

Overall, a good location and clean room, however, not worth the money paid for the room.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Every night, you could hear persons using the bathroom next door to my room, it was very noisy, perhaps the walls are too thin. Also, the room was too cold. It seemed as though the hotel was not being heated sufficiently.

Good location. Room was very clean.

Clean hotel. Be careful for the rooms without bathroom
    • Double Room with Shared External Bathroom

There is not enough information regarding the fact that the room had no private bathroom. It is incredible that there are hotels that ask for the same value per night with private bathroom.

Staff was amazing, espically Freddy gave us the scoop where...
    • Double Room with Shared External Bathroom

Rooms could have been a little bigger but worked out just fine anyways

Staff was amazing, espically Freddy gave us the scoop where to go for breakfast and how to get around

Great find in convenient location!
    • Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wish it had a mini fridge. A mirror outside of the bath with light and outlet would have been helpful getting ready at the same time in the morning. There was a full length mirror outside of the bath, but it was too dark there and no outlet.

Great location and very clean. Staff was really nice and it was great to have hot tea every morning. Beds were comfortable and bath was modern and clean. I would definitely stay here again when going to Manhattan. It was walking distance to Rockefeller Center, MoMA, Empire State Building, NY Library, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, and 5th Ave shopping. Close to Grand Central for subway.

Meh. Not really worth the emergency money.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Could not close the curtains so room was too bright to sleep. Very noisy from traffic outside and other guests using the shared bathroom next door. Chilly for my taste - no way to warm up the room (only AC). And the "free late check-out" time is only an hour later, at noon instead of 11 AM. Not good for the price I paid to get a room during a winter storm emergency. Maybe I should have slept over at work instead?

Bed was comfortable and room was small but nice. Two blocks away from work.

good bed, very comfortable.
    • Executive Suite

The noise from the street was problematic at times - 3rd Ave was nearby. I might ask for a room further back next time.

good bed, very comfortable. Location was excellent for us. Morning coffee was good.

New York is fantastic any time of year! The Seton met our basics needs and the staff was super nice.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Parking the car was a bit long since there is no valet and the parking lot is about two lights down E 40th. When you pick-up the car you have to go around the block to circle back to the hotel for your bags, with traffic that can take 15-20 minutes... But the rate was nice with the Hotel discount... ;).

The staff was absolutely wonderful.

Wonderful front desk staff and cleaning team.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Read the description carefully. You can save on parking if you go to the right garage. It was my fault for not getting the discount.

Wonderful front desk staff and cleaning team. People went out of their way to be welcoming.

The room & bathroom (down the hall) were very clean.
    • Double Room with Shared External Bathroom

The room & bathroom (down the hall) were very clean. I liked the fact that there was a hairdryer, sink & towels in the room and bathrobes and slippers were also provided. If I had one criticism, it would be that the room was too warm! Not a bad complaint! The hotel is also in a fantastic, central location.

Staff were very friendly and helpful - shared bathroom...
    • Double Room with Shared External Bathroom

Staff were very friendly and helpful - shared bathroom didn't bother us at all because it was very clean. Room and bed were small, but definitely value for money.

Great for a quick visit.
    • Double Room with Shared External Bathroom

It would've been nice to have a microwave in the room if possible.

The staff was very polite and helpful. The rooms were very clean and I love the decor

Possible room difference from advertised, otherwise great experience
    • Double Room with Shared External Bathroom

At first we were given 2 rooms with significant size differences, which was not as advertised. The female staffs weren't much of a help too when I mentioned I can only complete my payment once my colleague reached the hotel. That was particularly the only complication we had throughout our stay. We resolved the room size issue by asking for a room change, which was welcomed by the accommodating male staffs.

I particularly loved how the shared external toilet on my room level was almost always pristine. They've a comfortable lounge area downstairs by the lobby should you need to wait for your cab after check out or anything. They have quite a number of nearby delis and is just beside Shake Shack! One can never go hungry that way. Overall, I'd actually come back to this hotel if I were ever to come to Manhattan again.

No hot water, loud guests, loud pipes that woke us in the...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

No hot water, loud guests, loud pipes that woke us in the middle of the night, air conditioner was incredibly loud but room was too hot to not have it on

Would definately stay again. Room size pleasantly surprised
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Issue with converting currency on booking as was overcharged quite a bit but resolved via booking.com. Card was authorised prior to arrival despite pay on arrival which meant funds were held in place but had to formally pay on arrival. Coffee machine only available until 11am and no method to purchase throughout the day or evening. Housekeeping at 4am kept us awake a couple of occasions.

Lovely hotel, decor and room was great and extremely clean, large room so was pleasantly surprised for the big city, staff very friendly and more than knowledgable and helpful. Close to grand central station.

Perfect location!
    • Double Room with Shared External Bathroom

Not sure what the genius perks are...wish that the option for coffee or hot water was not limited.

Loved the location, very nice and clean. It really was a lovely place in the perfect location!

The location of this hotel was perfect.
    • Double Room with Shared External Bathroom

The location of this hotel was perfect. A short 20 minute walk to Times Square and also very easy to get to the subways. I was extremely satisfied with my 4 night stay here. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable(I especially loved the pillows). We stayed in the economy room which meant we did not have our own private bathroom, however, the staff was so on top of their cleanliness that it never seemed as though someone else had even used the bathroom. Highly recommend this location and the next time I come back to NY I will be staying here again!

The room size assigned depend on luck
    • Double Room with Shared External Bathroom

We stayed two nights in this accommodation. we were accommodated to a very very small room on the first night, the arrangement of the furnitures in the room made me and my friend feel very uncomfortable. Luckily we managed to change to another big room the next day.

Nice and clean and friendly
    • Double Room with Shared External Bathroom

It was difficult to control the heating and sometimes the room was too hot, even though we were there in January. The businesses and buildings in the immediate area aren't very interesting.

The room was very clean and the shared bathroom was spotless. The staff were friendly and helped us with the parking.

Dissapointed.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Heater was extremely loud throughout the night. Walls paper thin. Hot drinks only available 6-11. Shower handle broken and a constant struggle to turn on/off.

Super comfy bed! Nice hot shower. Helpful when I needed to call the airline.