Reviews of Shalimar Hotel of Las Vegas 2 stars

1401 South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV 89104, USA

#183 of 193 hotels in Las Vegas

5.9

• Queen Room

Little bit of a walk to any store or public transit.

I loved everything about the place. Beautiful, comfortable, excellent Cuban food, great bar, friendly staff,I loved it

• Queen Room

Noisy at night. Seems people were wandering in the hallway; someone tried opening my door! My room was one room away from a door opening directly to the parking lot. A sign on it read the door was locked from 9 PM to 8 AM but it wasn't. The people going in and out triggered my service dog to bark warnings to me about my safety. I trust my service dog's instinct and training. I didn't feel safe.

Spacious room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The streets were not safe at night and a lot of street people will make you uncomfortable to walk down to the town. Taking uber might help but it becomes 10-12 usd

The location was nice not much far from city centre which is walkable distance.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We got smoking room and we cannot changed the room. It’s pretty suffered to sleep in that room.

Location is very good especially when you have a car.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

the tv didn't work on fri evening and the scorpion my 9yr old daughter found in the closest.

Pablo is an excellent person, he tried to fix our tv on friday night and notified the owner of the scorpion I found and killed in the closest unfortunately I had nightmares both fri and sat night because my 9yr old daughter was the one who found it in the closest.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Had to ask for the internet code. Not the prettiest place in the world. no breakfast included.

Very clean, people very friendly, there was a place for walking the dog and it wasn't that far to go to the strip.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything was a little bit off, you can see that the building and everything inside it is old. We are not pretentious travelers, but the rooms did not look anything like the picture, the rooms were actually 10 times more worn out that the picture. That is what disappoints us, on top of that there is no breakfast included in the price, we had to switch rooms and the lighting in the second one was awful, and it felt smaller, knowing that we have 3 adults and 2 children staying there they could have given us a larger room, we moved because of them, not that we wanted.

Staff friendliness and help.

• Queen Room

Very dirty and unkept. Hallways need vacuuming.

I didn't like a single thing. The hallways in your hotel are not vacuumed. I had to step on a cockroach in my room. The paint on the back of my door is peeling and stained. It's the WORST place I ever stayed at!!!

• Queen Room

I didn't like how stuffy was or how the room smell of smoke once I entered the room. My allergies were acting up. Plus the walls were not sound proof so you can hear all the noise from ypur neighbors. Wasn't quite a comfy as I thought it would be.

Location was ok. Liked that we had free parking.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Fake pictures of the room, dirty, dusty, outlets couldn’t keep a plug in, hair on the bathroom sink and floor, bullet whole in the wall, just sad!

Absolutely nothing

The TV channels were quite limited if I remember right but you don’t go to a hotel for the TV anyway.

I was only here for one night but the room was very big, WiFi was given at reception and the hotel was lovely! I would have liked a pool view room but as I say, I was only there for one night so it’s better off having extended stay guests have those ones.

The bed was not plush enough, too many loud noises at night, the lights weren't bright enough, the room didn't make me feel like I was at home. The Cuban restaurant downstairs had TERRIBLE customer service. I definitely won't be going back there.

The hot water ran pretty good

• Queen Room

The sheets were stained, the bed was caving on there was water mold on the ceiling, holes in the walls, rust in the bathroom, it also had an unclean smell about it.

I did not like one thing about this place

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The showers would get clogged and one of the bathroom toilets did not work.

Value for the price was great. The staff was friendly and the hotel was clean.

• Queen Room

Just wanted to take a rest before catching an early morning flight, but it was literally impossible. I could hear every single word spoken on a tv behind the wall till like 3 am. Definitely don't recommend if you care about quiet rest. Also avoid if you're allergic to dust, because it's everywhere from lamps to the ceiling fan.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Its not in the best part of town. Its an old hotel that needs to be updated and LOTS of tlc. At night i wouldnt go walking around alone. BUT if all you need is a bed and shower, then it works. About $13 uber ride to the monorail.

The restaurant/bakery was good. The price was decent for what we needed (A bed and shower). Get a room that looks towards the pool. Cute little wedding chapel inside.

• Queen Room

Neighbourhood is very run down. Many vagrants in surrounding area. Did not feel safe. Many services not available within easy walking distance. Only restaurant in hotel does not open before 830 am.

Friendly helpful staff. Clean. Bed was comfortable

It was run down in side the rooms and I questioned the security off the door

I really like the quiet enclosed location. Not too far away from all the main events

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The property was infested with bugs. My friends and I were bit by mosquitos and other bugs. But the staff refunded us $10 each. Which was okay but wished it be a better experience. The parking fees were not waived for the hotel guests!! Other than that it was good.

• Queen Room

Called the front desk to ask for a late check out. They told me 1pm, great. They didn't have to do that but if they did, they should honor it. 12:15 rolls around and the maid shows up, followed by a phone call from the front desk telling me it's time to check out. I reminded front desk man that we already talked about this and HE told me 1pm.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The reason I will never stay here is because of the restaurant. The servers treated us like we were nothing, we went Saturday morning for breakfast and everything was great, we went for dinner and waited 20 min to be greeted then as that server was taking r drink order the hostess made her stop n leave our table and go serve another table, we waited another 20 min as the other 2 servers argued who was going to pick us up we finally got a server placed r order got our food and had to keep on asking for things. Then the kids wanted to go for pancakes the following morning so we went and again the server acted like she did not want to b bothered by us, my daughter ordered Strawberry milk n had so much syrup in it she couldn't drink it we informed our server she rolled her eyes and walked away so when we revived r check we notice the milk was on the check we told her we didn't drunk it so why is it on there she said well you ordered it so you need to pay for it she argued with us then brought us a different check that was not ours without the milk but was more expensive. I am a server and always tip 30% n never complained but I was pissed that they added gratuity because these woman do not deserve that tip after treating us like trash,and management needs to know what is going on because it's sad the food is great n the hotel is good.

The check in clerk was amazing I wish I would have got his name. He was kind and very helpful

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The coffee in the room wasn't very good. That's kind of expected though.

The room was cozy, had a/c, was quiet, the hotel has an amazing Cuban restaurant, which we ate at. We couldn't rave enough about the food! Extremely welcoming staff. We will definitely stay again.

• Queen Room

The staff of the restaurant inside the hotel wasn't as friendly and the service there was very slow, but the hotel itself was great!

This hotel was great for us since it was in between downtown anf the strip. About a 20-25 min walk to downtown and a $10 uber ride to the strip. The place clean, simple and quaint. It definitely fit the needs of my friend and I, but it may not be for everyone. It's definitely not a fancy hotel, nor is it like any hotel you'll stay at on the strip. However, it's simple and comfortable and a great value! Our room even had a little patio outside amd came with a fridge. The staff (barring the Cuban restaurant inside) was really nice and friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Lift/ elevator was so slow!!!!

Cheap place to stay for a short trip.In between Freemont street and the main part of the strip, so you will need to walk to get anywhere. Didn't use pool, but it looked alright. Heaps of chapels nearby including a drive through one if you are in a rush.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It does need some repairs like to the pool landscaping area and cement etc! Just wear and tear as with all properties

I liked that they accommodated us when we realized we needed to leave a day earlier and they just took the last night off!

• Queen Room

I didnt like the feces on the floor in my room and I really didnt like when the manager told me I did it. I mean are you kidding me?? I really hated walking and being cut by glass because they didnt clean the room... This place is filthy!

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

This property looked nothing like the pictures on the website. When we walked in there was a strong cologne smell. There was a half used roll of toilet paper left in the bathroom from the person before us. We've seen two roaches casually crawling up the wall on separate occasions. The television remote had no back cover and an exploded battery in It. Aside from the remote madness, there are only 6 channels that actually work on their box televisions. There seems to be something like missing ceiling in the area above the air conditioner. The wallpaper is falling off of the walls and the WiFi doesn't work... This is BY FAR the worst hotel/motel we've ever been to.

The A/C blows super cold air...

• Queen Room

Didn't like the small bathroom or having one bed for a family of 4 kids and two adults.

The parking was close to our room. The room was bigger then others we had. Had a swimming pool. Inside the hotel lobby was nice. It's not too far from the strip and was pretty cheap compared to other places

It's a run down Howard Johnson property with a different name where in every corner you look its filled with used hand me down like furniture. Smells of mildew and reminds if in a horror movie when walking around halls and stairways

Despite test of property, room was decent

• Queen Room

The room was dirty upon arrival basic vacuuming was not even done. There were hardly any electrical outlets. Housekeeping was asked to come back because I was in the middle of bathing my 2 small children and she never did. When we asked for towels we were given a small hand towel and told that was all they had. I was charged $60 for not cleaning the room after I left. I did not leave the room trashed, housekeeping had to clean the bathroom, vacuum and empty trash bins. I have never stayed in a hotel that was dirty upon arriving, with no towels and was charged for not cleaning the room before leaving. This place was horrible.

• Queen Room

Absolutely horrible. Opened the door to our room and all you could smell was pot, disgusting. Had to air the room out for awhile but the smell never completely left. The bed was horrible, more like a pull out couch that a bed, also with stains on the blankets and 2 small pillows. Got woken up all throughout the night with people stomping on the floor above us, a few times we thought they would actually fall through. The housekeepers kept pushing the vacuum cleaner against our door in the morning so you can forget a sleep in, let alone sleeping throughout the night. Worst place I've stayed.

Not a lot at all really

Not expensive but in a not so nice area of Vegas Very Long walk to the strip I would recommend to get closer to the active part of the strip for a one night stay

Friendly staff Decently clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking was terrible. It was the dirtiest place I ever stayed. It even had cockroaches. I stayed in room 104. Horrible place! I'll never go back there.

The waitress in the diner was really nice

• Queen Room

Everything was out dated and looked gross. Like unclean. Floor had stains. Room smelled weird. Tv was so old hardly worked. Just very unclean.

The staff was friendly, pool looked very clean.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Queen Room

After I stayed in room 411 I was put in room 413 room is horrible being had bleach stains and other stains carpet was stained dirty the bathroom vanity was missing side panel peace and the front panel marble or some heavy material like it was dangling by a strip of rubber glue and touched it and it fell on the floor I called the office and asked to switch room I was told they were all booked the next morning I went to office to switch and pay for my room again and I was asked to make a second $30 deposit to switch my room and I was like ok this is weird I said I already paid 30 deposit on Saturday when I checked in and the elderly office lady rude says you need to pay another 30 for deposit I said you no what I'm going to just check out so then a elderly man went to my room to check it and I removed my bags and the old man entirely blamed me for every thing that was wrong with the room I had paid for the room already and they kicked me out no refund or deposit was returned to and the old man exuded me of stealing the TV remote that was never in the room he then dumped out my laundry basket and still all my sheets and towels saying they where the hotel's when all the sheets and blankets and towels were as they were when I checked into the room him and the house keepers and all the office people scammed me and took my money stole my property and set me up on false damages in room 413 I called the police and they never showed up

Room 411 is a nice room and was clean very comfortable paid $58.00 weekdays and on weekend it was $99.00

• Queen Room

The bed was like sleeping on a cement slab.

Diner and they were nice enough to hold my bag after checked out all day so I didn't have to lug it around while I toured the city.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cable TV was limited on channels.. but we didnt come to Vegas to watch TV.

Was very reasonable for what I paid. Reviews I read complained about unclean rooms and Insects.. we had none of these issues with our room. Staff was very pleasant and helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bedding felt cheap and old. Restroom was nasty and I kept seeing roaches climbing everywhere. Carpet was dirty and my non-smoking room smelled of smoke from cigarettes and weed.

Nothing! It was a non smoking and smelled like weed & cigarette smoke. I will groom had cockroaches. Nothing like the pictures very gross will never book again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

This place looked good online so I reaerved it. It was disgusting and the place was falling apart. If you want to pay hotel prices for Ghetto accommodations and they should change the name and make it The Ghetto Motel!!!!

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Everything. The hotel looked like it was for prostitution. It was dirty and disgusting. I didn't even want to sit on the bed. Everything was stained and out dated. I would give a rating of 0 if I could.

Nothing. The place was horrible. At least I got a refund.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

A little rundown, staff sometimes surly but not a big deal.

Very easy to get to and from. Uber waits seldom longer than 6 minutes. Both aspects unmatched on the Strip. Decent Wi-Fi.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Everything, very scary place and absolutely filthy.customers all around were complaining and arguing with management. Turned hair dryer on, and turned beet red, thought it might catch on fire. Never ever try this place!

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Queen Room

Dirty and smell like someone died by crime. Broken heater. Scary location. A staff wanted me to close a door way out, they never check the doorlock. They made copy of my credit card and license, that really put me in danger of id theft. Worst place ever.

Shampoo&conditioner, big door-sized mirror and none.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

towels were dirty had yellow stains the bed only had onethin sheet and a little one on top it was really cold the heater wasn't working properly the guy in the front not professional no customer service at all

Nothing at all

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The wifi could working a little faster, but it was ok.

This hotel is located on the South Las Vegas Blw, close to the Stratosphere. The room was big, clean and very confortable with a big tv. There was also a balcony. Moreover, everyday the hotel service cleaned up the room and changed the towels and refill with new soap and shampoo. The ac was also working well, especially in colder days.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

You could hear water from the next door hotel room.

The bed was very big and comfortable. There was also a pool and a laundry room and plenty of parking.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It's owned my Cubans so their English isn't too good. . The restaurant was okay but it felt more of a motel than a hotel. South of the strip .

Cheap . Cleaning lady kept room clean with new towels everyday and made the bed .

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Far off the strip. Saw a few cockroaches in the bathroom.

Staff were friendly and the bed was comfortable. Cool to see that they have a cuban restaurant and bar.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Nowt.great last minute booking

We arrived 4 hrs early for check in and the concierge let us use our room at no extra charge. Fantastic and the quality of the food and service in the Cuban style bar was excellent.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms are nothing like the pictures on the website. Dirty, looks like it's a prostitute motel. Saw roaches in the closet,the most disgusting place I've ever seen. False advertisements on the website.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

EVERYTHING WAS WRONG!1

In the first room, bugs on the floor so I informed the desk they checked it out and changed rooms only in the new reassigned room the toilet did not flush, the phone did not work, the heater did not work the blow dryer was broken.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds are ok harder than Im use to.

Has nice balconies over the pool. Bathrooms are older but everything shined. Staff was very nice and everyone always said hello.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

• Queen Room

The rooms were a completely miss representation on the website, the carpet was old, the bed was broken, a hole had been punched in the bathroom door then patched. and the cable was broken. I know you get what you pay for, but don't show me a refurbished room on the website then when I get the room give me a dump.

The Cuban restaurant Florida was great, tasty food, nice service. interior design not the same as the picture on the website.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

This was the worst place ever. The pictures on the website was deceiving. The room wasn't vacuumed, dresser was broke, it had roaches,bed was horrible, TV was broke and the entrance in the hotel didn't look like anything on the website.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was dirty, old, nothing worked. We couldn't even get towels. This was the worst hotel ever. I would not recommend to anyone!

Nothing it was horrible

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We booked for 4 people got 2 towels, on first night a had to ask for 2 more and never got them. Went back the next morning and they didn't have any,same thing that night went to ask and got them at 1am. Cleaning part was bad they left the dirty towels didn't swipe the restroom bed where just done.

Price was ok for 4 nights.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

Asked for King, got queen. Front desk argued it was a king. Maybe the headboard. Hard bed. One towel. No soap. Dirty. Bars close at 10:00. Food closed. Bad part of town. Front desk help knew nothing anout anything. Never again. Paid 70.00!anight. Terrible!!

NOTHING

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Queen Room

What could have been better if the staff had swept the patio from cigarettes and other social items before we arrived to the room. Although I was there on business, my children are homeschooled and were a part of my business transactions. There wasn't enough acceptable kid channels throughout the day. And no refrigerators or microwave. The water that came from the sink was foggy for 30 seconds and then cleared up. This water was intended for coffee that was already in the room.

I enjoyed the WIFI access do complete any work that needed to get done. I also liked the deep pool. Most pools go to 6 but this pool goes to 9 feet and I loved that. Oh yeah I had the ground floor with patio close to pool; it felt like my own apartment, very cozy like. The staff was appropriate.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• Queen Room

Very bad hotel. If you are in Vegas and you don't want to sleep on the Strip, you better find something else, even further from the strip, but cleaner and nicer.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bedding old, TV very old, but for the value ok need upgrade

Clean Pool, Customer service, WI FI no problem, for the value acceptable

No continental breakfast

Quite and clean

The location the way the Rooms looked.

It have balconies that's what I like

• Queen Room

The downstairs restaurant had such a lovely flair and the food was super delicious!

• Queen Room

The pillows were flat, we went out and purchased our own!

The area

There were cockroaches in the air conditioner that we could see. Air didn't work and the room was horribly old

It was cute

Overall atmosphere, horrible, stinky,run down,outdated!!!

Girl at front desk was very nice!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The heater didn't work, it was very noisy, the beds had springs poking out and we're very uncomfortable.

The size of the room

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing. Bad place to stay..

Nothing it was dirty.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed you get is to hard not comfortable at all for 194 for 2 days the bed did not convince me at all would never stay at this hotel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I did not liked the way the pool looked like that day

Very Convenient

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The patio was nice to have!

Dogs barking

Ok

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool need to be clean a lot of bird feathers inside the pool..

I like how i can walk out from my room to the bar/ restaurant

Good location and atmosphere

Cleaner restroom.

Bed was very comfortable.

Browse Shalimar Hotel of Las Vegas traveller photo gallery