Reviews of Shelburne Hotel & Suites by Affinia 4 stars

303 Lexington Avenue, Murray Hill, New York, NY 10016, USA

#188 of 415 hotels in New York

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Excellent location and friendly staff.
    • Queen Room

Noisy neighbours on some nights. You definitely need to use the ear plugs.

The hotel based in Murray Hill so close to stations including Grand Central and to all the main attractions like Empire State Building, Time Square and Flat line area. The food at hotel was excellent and the rooftop bar excellent.

Really lovely hotel in an excellent location close to Grand...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Really lovely hotel in an excellent location close to Grand Central Station. The staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel was quiet. Has a gorgeous roof-top bar with views of the Empire State building. Lovely restaurant in the hotel, perfect for breakfast American style.

It is a walking distance reasonable to the metro and Times...

Pictures on the website don’t represent the reality. My room was big, but too old carpets. Pay attention to the dayly fee and taxes that are not included when you choose the rate.

It is a walking distance reasonable to the metro and Times Square

The room was lovely & spacious, clean & comfortable...
    • Queen Room

The corridors need updating, a bit of TLC. The staff at reception were not rude by any means, but they were not exactly the most welcoming, particularly for first impressions. Before check in whilst in London, I decided to upgrade to a higher level room in the hope of a room with a view, we were indeed on the 11th floor but no view. When we left the room, I discussed this with the same lady that checked us in and she was more than happy to remove this extra charge which I was happy with.

The room was lovely & spacious, clean & comfortable with great facilities. Nice big TV, fridge, tea & coffee, iron/ironing board & a hairdryer. Lovely toiletries too. I would definitely return to this hotel as the location was just great, with lots of shops, take outs and restaurants close by. Grand central station is literally 3-4 minutes walk down the road.

Location was great.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

Customer centric service is lacking. Room service was way too slow. I am still waiting for the items I ordered. House keeping needs a detailed course on consistency. One day one thing is missed in cleaning second day another thing. Hotel charged me a month and a half before on the credit card though I was assured by booking website that would not be the case.

Location was great.

too expensive and does not include breakfast. it would have been great if free breakfast is included
    • Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds

i had requested for early an early check-in when booked through booking.com and didn't get a room when we arrived at the hotel. my family and i waited for a couple of hours but the staff offered a room on higher floor for an extra $25/night instead. the staff should have helped us since we come from a long flight and was really tired

good location to roam around NYC. Beds are comfy

Midweek NYC
    • Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds

Review your checkout receipt thoroughly for you could be charged for things given as gratuity. A daily $10 gift per room, to be used for selected snacks and beverages, was charged plus taxes. (Btw the snacks were $5 for a bar and $10 for a liter of water)

The cleaning lady was definitely very friendly and helpful and made up for some impolite front desk clerks.

My sister and I had a very pleasant stay at Shelburne.
    • Queen Room

The closet could have been bigger and with more than one shelf placed in the upper part, so it was almost impossible to make use of it. However, a couple of small separate drawers kind of made up for the missing shelves.

My sister and I had a very pleasant stay at Shelburne. We arrived approx 3 hrs ahead of official check-in time but got a room immediately. All the staff was very friendly. Our room was located on the 6th floor facing Lexington Ave, but we didn’t experience any noise/inconvenience from the street. The room was really spacious and had a good sized bathroom. Large comfy bed, good shower, good normal hairdryer and an iron. The rooftop terrace was nice with an amazing view, however, due to the weather we ended up not making use of it. Instead we can recommend the happy hour with complimentary wine and the cupboard - great treats! The location is good, nearest subway 4 blocks away, busses running closer by. Overall we can definitely recommend Shelburne and would love to stay there again.

Great!
    • Queen Room

Great location in Mid-Manhattan, walking distance to Central Station for the subway network, Hotel has an awesome rooftop bar with great views of the Empire State Building and the Manhattan city skyline.

It met expectations
    • Queen Room

The closet, although it was large, had no space to properly place clothes, there were no drawers inside. The cleanliness was very good, the bed also very good quality.

Location, service

Room was comfortable but I wouldn’t rush back.
    • Deluxe Studio

They have a ridiculous $35 fee for things I would never use. The front desk informed me it was for wifi, a daily wine hour and $10 of it went towards purchases from their refrigerated beverage case in the lobby. These should be value added services, or optional. And charging for wifi in 2018 is ridiculous.

The room was very quiet (which I requested at check in) and clean. The bed was comfortable.

Hotel its tired and old for a 4 star.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Hotel its tired and old for a 4 star. Its in need of a renovation for a large group of hotels like Affinia! Location was good and staff very friendly.

Average
    • Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds

I wanted and was promised a room with a kitchenette but the kitchen did not have a stove and cuttlery. Room was hardly cleaned or dusted.

Location is excellent

Still my favorite in NYC, but with some negatives this time.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

I had asked for a room at the back of the building as usual, since those are the quite ones; for the first night they gave me an extremely noisy one on a low floor and on the street, so I couldn't close an eye during the whole night. They changed my room the next day however, and for 3 nights I had the quitest room ever! Prices are increasing everytime (with all the extras you have to pay, not just taxes but also minibar and wifi which are not free but you are basically forced to pay/use them), and what was a great value for money it's no longer really so. And the rooms (doors, hairdryers, bathrooms) would need some improvement. The staff at the reception (on check in and check out), for the first time in years, was not friendly at all. I had booked through Booking.com and by mistake the hotel had charged all the amount in advance (while it was not a reservation with advance payment); when I asked for explanations, they were not really helpful and nobody told me "SORRY! We made a mistake ancd charged you the amount 1 month in advance! Here is a free drink for you - or whatever". So... I still like this place and will be back, but I hope to go back to the friendly, welcoming Hotel I used to know...!

I am a returning guest at this Hotel, and come back a few times a year. I always enjoy the easy going atmosphere (it's not a fancy place, but I feel at home), and most of all I enjoy the silence at night, which actually allows me to get a good night sleep! Room was spacious this time (it is not always so), and the bed extremely comfy.

A rediculous increase of price called "service...
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

A rediculous increase of price called "service costs" of 25 USdollars of which 10 dollars was for snacks and drinks that could be taken every day, but with 9,80 US for a small bottle of water and 4,86 US for some chips this was real theft.

Nice hotel but watch the hidden fees
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I think that daily $35 “hotel fee” is ridiculous and a ripoff. I didn’t need or want anything that I was forced to pay for (fitness center, wine hour, snack “cupboard”). I also resented being asked for an additional $99 (!) for an early check in at noon when my room was clearly ready. I had just traveled many grueling hours and didn’t appreciate this at all. I elected to check my bag and use that $99 on something more pleasurable.

Room was spacious and quiet. Bed was comfortable. Bathroom ok but needs a shelf as there’s no place to put anything.

Great location close to our business. Large room for a hotel in NY. Desk, door, bellman outstanding.
    • Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds

Maid staff. Room not made up by 3pm, not at all one day, and I believe small cosmetic item taken by maid.

Free happy hour, early release movies, size of room

Very comfortable stay
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

No plates, bowls or silver ware in the mini kitchen in our suite.

After hours on a long haul fight with 2 young kids, the woman at the front desk, Michelle, allowed us to check in super early. That was life saving.

My stay leaved a lot to be desired despite the good location.
    • Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds

I booked and paid for a studio and on my arrival there was no studio available. Wifi did not work in the room and I had to go down to the lobby every time I had an email or call.

Shelburne NYC March 2018, 3 nights.
    • Deluxe Studio

Suite was very nice, but decor could use a refresh. If you don't like shades of olive and avocado, look at the room first.

Suite with kitchenette available. Ice maker in frig!

Very comfortable and spacious rooms
    • Queen Room

Check in could have been a bit easier - I used booking.com and it was in my husband's name, which was nearly an issue for the front desk. It took longer to check in which was mildly irritating.

The spacious, comfortable room and no noise gets in from outside.

location was perfect for my needs
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

it was unusually warm in NY for February and i could not switch from heat to AC the room was over 72 \ at all times and as high as 77

location was perfect for my needs

It was an average stay in a hotel.
    • Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds

It was an average stay in a hotel. Unfortunately they did not have a room ready with we checked in at 4 (check in started at 3pm). They were very busy and after waiting a while in line not having our room ready was a bit disappointing. The room was fine, comfortable and they did bring up a pack/play for my son. I would say they could improve on cleanliness, the bathroom could have been cleaner. There was also a party happening in the room next door to ours which was quite loud from the hall. We just put on some white noise and it was fine. I don't think I would stay there aging, try a more family friendly hotel.

The staff wasn’t friendly or cordial and by staff I mean the...
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

The staff wasn’t friendly or cordial and by staff I mean the front desk the faces that represent the hotel. I was told grab anything from concession counter worth ten bucks when I checked in and I walked straight to my room as it was 11:30 pm. When I checked out I asked if I could get a them after bottle since I can have anything worth ten bucks the lady said nope you’re checking out it’s just applicable when you check in... really? Honestly they need to rethink there dumb policies and their staff at the reception counter.

My home away from home
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

They need to change the hairdryers - really old. I really don’t like that they put an extra fee (which you cannot avoid) for “complimentary” WiFi and bar. That is not fair because - since there is no way to avoid paying it - that is not an extra, but part of the room rate and should be stated at such.

I travel to NY a few times a year, and this is “my” hotel: relaxed, comfortable, friendly, in the summer you can enjoy the fantastic rooftop bar. It’s not “cool” like many other hotels in NY, design is simple. But it is my favorite because I feel at home and the rooms on the back are so quiet which are a dream, in Manhattan!

Great location, comfortable beds. Should of been upfront about the property fee and the room rate
    • Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds

Room rate fluctuated each night. They offered a wine hour each night as well as $.10 room credit for snacks, but you are in fact paying for this in a property fee each day.

Great location, comfortable beds

Great location for the money.
    • Queen Room

Walls are very thin. We could hear people arguing next to us all night. Also, the smell of weed was very obvious on our floor once we stepped off the elevator

Great location for the money. Sarge’s deli was right around the corner. Just blocks from many bus stops and grand central to get around the city!

Excellent hotel well located
    • Queen Room

I was not pleased at all to learn upon checking in that there was a $30 additional “resort” fee which gave us use of the WiFi and a $10 voucher to use in the snacks shop where a litre of water cost almost $10!!! Booking.com should have told us about this!

Very comfortable bed Free wine at happy hour, good restaurant on site Valet parking

Great location, superb room size/storage space
    • Queen Room

There was a number of maintenance/cleaning issues with the room, almost to the point of comedy. Once they were resolved it was a pleasant stay. Also advised that domestic calls were included in service charge however I was billed for them. On the whole reception staff were great with the exception of one lady who was abrupt and failed to book my emergency transfer to the airport.

The location and room size were great!

Good sized suite but average in all other respects.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

- Cold reception staff with attitude! - Confusing ‘extras’ system where 30$ is applied to your room, everyday, to cover: use of WiFi (which we never used), early evening drinks (cheap wine, served in the foyer) and snacks (overpriced chocolate bars.) And which was not clearly explained at check-in by the stroppy receptionist with attitude! - Heating in the rooms which was never warm enough.

- Studio room was of a good size with comfortable beds. - The restaurant/bar was pleasant enough. - Good location, pretty central and easy to find - Good cupboard space.

It’s a great location great rooms the staff was terrible.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

The staff have an attitude problem the worst I’ve come across and I travel a lot and stay in a lot of hotels. This is the first questionnaire I have ever done just to let your management know. The only good staff member was the door man.

The rooms were great and so was the restaurant.

Great room for the money.
    • Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds

The room/bathroom/kitchenette were spotless. Linens were luxurious (all down). Bed was very comfortable. Check in and check out were fast and easy. Room service was great in the morning. The adjacent restaurant was very good - had a late night drink and snack. Overall wonderful experience. Would return for another stay.

Very good value for money! Definitely will come back
    • Queen Room

Quite thin walls.. First night we were unlucky with very noisy neigbours and could literally hear what they were talking about :)

Very good value for money! Location is perfect for exploring the city. Our Queen room was spacious and with enough light (it s a gem for Manhattan!). Open rooftop with amazing view (bar was closed for winter)

Hotel location is perfect
    • Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds

Cold draft coming through the window when the blind was up.

The beds were extremely comfy. The view from the roof top terrace is amazing. The "cupboard" best idea in the world!!!! Housekeeping staff were really lovely. Do anything to help you.

We hope to return to this great hotel next time we come to New York City for Christmas 🎄
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

WiFi wasn’t free, also a bit slow. This was not a huge problem as our activities were already planned, but did add to our costs.

Great hospitality, friendly, professional staff. Everyone was helpful and accomodating.

Good to excellent, managed to get a room on the ninth floor that have a sort of view.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

Price and also many rooms are facing a courtyard but that is a norm in NYC so can’t complain about that.

The bed was really comfortable and the room temperature was fine, no need to adjust and have a hassle with the ac.

Good hotel for a holiday in Manhatten
    • Queen Room

The elevator was very slow. The $70 pure night above and beyond the price quoted by booking.com was annoying.

It was in a good location. The free wine from 5-6pm every day was a bonus. The room was a decent size and the bathroom was good also.

Convenient and central, but marred by unexpected hotel facilities fee.
    • Queen Room

Found on arrival that we had to pay extra "hotel facilities fee" of $30 per day that was not obvious in initial price quoted by Booking.Com, although it was in small print on booking confirmation. We did NOT have to pay this extra fee when we stayed in same hotel in December 2016 (also booked through Booking.Com). We were told that this fee covered glass of wine between 5 and 6 pm (we were only in the hotel at this time on one occasion) and $ 10 to be used on a daily basis in a hotel automat machine. We queried this extra fee,, which greatly increased expected hotel charge, but were told there was no alternative but to pay, and we could not opt out or get refunded. We could also not access wi-fi on a second computer

Location Comfortable bed

Huge room and bed for what you pay.
    • Queen Room

Some of the Administrative team were quite poor over email when I had to check a few things. Not getting back to me and being very short. Luckily the staff that were there in person were much better.

The room and the bed was a lot larger than I thought it would be and there was a great view of the Empire State Building that was a nice perk.

Stay Nov/ 2017
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

Room was not done one day due to system error and hotel manager did not offer apologies neither offer any compensation, a chocolate bar would have been enough to show a nice caring gesture.

Location. Bedroom and bathrooms have a good size. Comfortable beds

Really good consistent hotel in a great location.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

In room heating issues. Bathroom amenities need an overhaul and no shower cap provided.

Lovely large rooms in a fantastic location central to everything NY

Fantastic location, with really helpful staff
    • Queen Room

Staff were really helpful and it was a really nice touch to leave a bottle of wine and chocolates in our room for my Husband’s 50th birthday adventure (first time in NYC would visit again and stay in this hotel)

Overall very happy with the hotel. Staff helpful.
    • Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds

Did not like the ten dollar item, there was no point and would rather have spent that money elsewhere.

Liked the kitchen but it had not utensils. However when I asked the staff they were delivered immediately. Also asked for more pillows which were delivered immediately.

Great Location and a Great Stay!
    • Queen Room

Had problems with the tv remote. Couldn't figure out how to set the correct time on the alarm clock. This wasn't an issue for me but my room faced Lexington Ave and street noise could be a problem for light sleepers.

Location is great - 7 minute walk Grand Central, restaurants close-by, walking distance to many attractions in Mid-town. Loved the 24 hour roof access with great view of ESB and Chrysler. Friendly and helpful employees Comfortable Bed, clean room - love that it had a mini-fridge, decent bathroom with makeup mirror, good water pressure

Hidden costs, not impressed.
    • Queen Room

Shabby hallway, worn rooms, mosquitos, slamming of doors, hearing the phone ring in the room next door, having my invoice pushed through my door at 1 am. The noise of traffic was annoying. I did not appreciate all the extra charges - hotel fee, room tax, sales tax - seriously had I have known this I would not have stayed here. My three night stay cost me way more than what was said on Booking .com and very much not worth what I paid!

location and room size
    • Queen Room

In the lobby area the ac is extremely high. I had to wait there for a couple of hours and it was freezing. Additionally the room service and breakfast only opens at 7 am which is not ideal for travelers. Some rooms have other buildings in front and hence they're very dark with little natural light coming in.

location and room size

Great location , staff very polite and courteous.

Nothing really

Great location , staff very polite and courteous. The hotel was very quiet. No noise from the other rooms and nearly no outside noise. We really liked the hotel.

Ruined by the dishonesty of the "complimentary" services
    • Queen Room

On arrival I was told that there were complimentary drinks every evening in the lobby, complimentary wifi and a "cupboard" with drinks and snacks for which I was given a $10 credit. However, on checking out, $50 had been added to my bill as a "Hotel Service Charge" which I was told covered the very things I was previously told were complimentary. I found this totally unacceptable but the staff were not prepared to listen to my concern and suggested I speak to Booking.com.

Very nice, comfortable room

Thoroughly enjoyable
    • Deluxe Studio

We were at hotel for 2 weeks and liked having a kitchenette. Room was spacious ( could have done with extra chair/armchair) and location was great

Pleasant hotel away from tourist and city noise.
    • Queen Room

The shower water flow was so poor that it required extended time to effectively wash. Maybe for NYC the cost is reasonable for a location outside the noisy high energy places. The subway line is several blocks away but cabs were easy to catch in front of the hotel. A cab ride from the hotel to the Neil Simon Theater was $20 and $15 to Penn Station.

Our large room, with an air shaft view, had a very comfortable king bed, a large wall mounted TV, safe, desk, small sofa and little refrigerator. From what I heard about NYC apartment sizes, I'd guess many would be very happy to live in this sized room.

Very little.
    • Queen Room

They forgot to get our car upon departure but made up forit by waiving the overnight parking fee. Short sheeted.

Very little. Good value for our money. Nice restaurant

Very Comfy, might bring our dog next time!
    • Queen Room

A LOT of fees were not included in the original reservation, almost 32% of the price for each nights. 30% markup is a lot and wouldn't be tolerated in any other industry. We only saw thoses fees once we booked.

Very comfortable bed, nice location and extremely friendly staff. + Spacious Room, which is hard to find in NYC for this price.

Overall great place to stay

$25.00" included" charge .... especially $10.00 from pantry ...items overpriced

Very helpful staff,very comfy beds.excellent restaurant "Rare" on site

Room was very quiet and I did not even need my ear plagues...
    • Queen Room

That the rooftop bar was busy every night with private parties - so if you wanted to have a drink there you could only stay in a small side of the terrace with no view and lots of people. One of the receptionists was kind of rude. That you have to pay an extra per day - which covers 10$ "free" vending machine stuff and wifi. I'd rather not pay for "free" stuff, and have it included in the room rate everything which I must pay no matter what.

Room was very quiet and I did not even need my ear plagues (extraordinary for NYC!), and the atmosphere of the hotel is simple and relaxed. Most of the staff were really kind and helpful.

Our second time at the Shelburne, and will certainly stay here again when in New York.
    • Deluxe Studio

The bed was king size and very comfortable. All requested kitchen equipment were supplied. The en suite bathroom was bigger than most in New York and very convenient. Two large-screen TVs were also nice to have.

Always my favorite stay in nyc
    • Queen Room

I do not like that since when they changed their policy about one year ago, you have to pay an extra for wifi and minibar. So wifi is not really free... I would prefer either they included this extra in the room fare (since you must pay this, no matter what), or just charge you for minibar and wifi if you actually use them. It's not a big deal, but I find it annoying.

Everything - I always come back to this Hotel everytime I am in nyc. It's the only one where you do not have the "normal" noise of Manhattan, and you manage to have a good night sleep. Beautiful roof top terrace!

• Queen Room - Disability Access

​A bit old facilities but I can accept if think about room rate compare to others. Lobby area is not impressive. Sometime that area got full of people and doesn't work at all.

Location is good. Very convenient to access everywhere. Quick walking distance from JFK or EWR shuttle bus' stop of Grand Central station. Door man and reception staff were always friendly. The room is simply good. Nothing special but good size.

Location is good.
    • Queen Room

A bit old facilities but I can accept if think about room rate compare to others. Lobby area is not impressive. Sometime that area got full of people.

Upgrade with a view!
    • Queen Room

We were charged $1 per second for 2 calls, one was 8 seconds long and the other, 6. However, this was rectified immediately and thy were removed from the bill with apology and no questioning. The bathroom was 'ok', but considering how great the rest of the place was, this is only nit picking and not a real 'negative'.

We got lucky with parking as it was Labor Day so there were no on-street restrictions. So we parked 2 blocks away on the Sunday and left the car there all day on the Monday. I'm sure that normally parking is a typical New York nightmare! When we arrived we were offered an upgrade to a suite for $40 because we had a friend with us. We went for it and it was huge! We walked into what looked like an office and it had a comfy sofa bed in it. Then the bedroom was massive too, with an amazing view of the Empire State Building. We ate at the restaurant in the hotel, called Rare, which was very nice. We had burgers, steak and a salad between us, all very tasty. Service was great. Staff throughout the stay were wonderful. So friendly and helpful. There's a roof terrace, with a bar. Although the bar was closed when we were there it was totally worth it for the views. It's pretty much 360 so you can see the Empire State, the Chrysler, a distant look at the Freedom Tower, and the river too. There are lovely flowers and lots and lots of tables so I would imagine even when busy you would find somewhere to sit. We took pictures up there in the morning and were the only people in the whole space. The bed was super comfy and huge.

Enjoyed this hotel when I stayed here 3 years but unenjoyed this time.
    • Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds

Being charged for a facility that I was unaware of when I questioned it at reception they informed me that it was a charge for "Complimentary" wine that they serve every evening between 5 and 6. We didn't take this facility every night and the word complimentary in the dictionary means free provided at no extra charge. They should therefore look at their rewording of this service.

The room

Fantastic stay. Would stay again and highly recommend to family and friends.
    • Queen Room

Nothing major but there was a lack of bench space in bathroom

Comfortable bed, location was great, friendly staff, rooftop bar, Rare restaurant downstairs, great coffee shop nearby, walking distance to Grand central.

Comfort and convenience
    • Queen Room

The Shelburne is a superbly comfortable hotel with a great, central location which puts you within walking distance of many of the sights of New York and easy walking distance to 33rd Street subway. Grand Central is 10 min walk away for a coach transfer to La Guardia or Newark airports. The lovely rooftop bar has views of the Empire State and the Rare Grill serves very good burgers. We also enjoyed one of the early evening wine hours (5-6). The staff were helpful. This is the second visit I've made to the Shelburne and I would recommend it.

Very nice New York Hotel
    • Queen Room

We remembered that the Rooftop Bar Rare View closes really early. Front desk said it would be open till 11:00. Went there at 10:15. We've been served, but staff started immediately collecting all candles and seat cushions around us to make us feel not welcome and make sure we realized that they wanted to close the bar real soon. They turned off the music and turned the bright lights on at 10:30. We remembered we made the same experience there in 2014. The view is great, but don't go there if you want a relaxed after dinner drink.

Returned for the 4th time. As good as we had remembered it. Great New York Hotel, very clean and spacy room. Great steaks at the "Rare" restaurant.

It was okay, close to transportation, attentive staff, the room was not satisfactory.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

The room was too cramped for three adults. Thought we had more room based on the layout at time of purchase.Terrible view. The room was too hot. The bathroom was claustrophobic. Not suitable for overweight individuals.

MY STAY AT THE SHELBURNE
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

There was a lot of hidden extras which were not included in the cost of the hotel. It also advertised free Wi-Fi but this was not the case. Also when checking my visa account when I got home they had charged me an extra 100 dollars. Fed up with being ripped off!

The room was spacious and the bathroom was very good with walk in shower. The bed was very comfortable. However there could have been more drawer space, especially as the room was spacious enough to accommodate this.

Great Location
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

Location is great close to Empire State, Grand Central Station both within walking distance. Facilities in the hotel are good and rooms are very comfortable.

Nice Hotel in NYC with great staff
    • Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds

Hotel was walkable to Time Square , Bryant Park, NYC Library and other touristy sites in New York. Staff were helpful , kind and courteous. One of the factors why we enjoyed our NYC stay was because of the nice location of the hotel.

Staff were very accommodating, friendly.
    • Deluxe Studio

No ice bucket or facility for ice. Had to order it. Restaurant charged built in gratuity of 18% and then asked for tip on top. Cheap and a turn off. I can understand why, the service was terrible.

Staff were very accommodating, friendly. Beds were very comfortable.

Perfect vibes and great staff!
    • Deluxe Studio

Michelle at check in is always so friendly and wonderful! I love this hotel so much. Decent sized gym, a $10 credit to their market per each day you stay, and free wine hour at 5PM! Rooms are always so clean and location is awesome.

Good accommodation with a petty charge
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

$25 fee plus tax for"resort fee" which included internet (free all over NYC), gym (never used it), wine at 5 (never drank it) use of pentry $10 worth a day per room: a bothtle of water that costs $2 at the store, cost $$10). I find the charge annoying and petty.

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!!!
    • Queen Room

Hotel was fine and everything was convenient. Quiet at night and rooms were good size for NYC.

Location of hotel is.very good to travel all over Manhattan. That's all I have to say about that so am just filling space now.

Great location and very comfortable rooms!
    • Queen Room

Our key entry on the door was a little faulty..had to give it a good bang a few times to get in. That's all!

Really nice decor and very comfortable room. View from the rooftop bar of Empire State was awesome and wine hour every evening! Great location if you're staying for longer than a couple of nights as it's far enough away from the noise of Times Square etc but close enough to walk to Grand Central/Empire State/Rockafeller Centre etc.

Top Spot!
    • Queen Room

We were on the top floor but the view was of the side of a building. No big view of the Manhattan skyline! But hey it did not make any difference to our stay!

The location of the hotel is great for doing all the main tourist bits of Manhattan. The room was comfortable and clean, with a really cheerful housekeeper!

Fantastic stay

No downside to this hotel

The location was ideal for moving around the city. Size of the rooms were excellent. Great shower. All the staff were friendly. The roof terrace bar was a bonus.

The hotel itself is quiet if you get a room on the courtyard...

Did not like the extra hotel facilities fee. I think patrons should be given the option to opt out.

The hotel itself is quiet if you get a room on the courtyard side. Our first room was noisy but we were able to change rooms. The property is conveniently located. All in all a good experience.