Reviews of Sheraton Needham Hotel 3 stars

100 Cabot Street, Needham, MA07494, USA

#2 of 2 hotels in Needham

Probably book it again as is close to relatives, but ask for a room not under the exercise facility
    • Traditional Double Non Smoking

I booked the hotel for my two adult sons. They stayed in Room 164 that turned out to be either directly or almost directly under the exercise facility. They were awakened each morning at around 6:00 am by a "herd of thundering elephants overhead." They didn't complain until the final night when one son found a centipede in his bed. After some discussion with the staff, they were allowed to change rooms. On the plus side, the room was comfortable and they liked the pool.

On the plus side, the room was comfortable and they liked the pool.

Nice place!
    • Traditional King Non Smoking

Can't think of anything that was bad!

Nice hotel for a one or two nights stay. We stayed one night as we were attending a party in nearby Newton. On arrival our requested room with a King size bed was not available, so we were given a room with two double beds and a free breakfast the following morning. At night we had a bite to eat and a few drinks at the bar, reasonably priced and very good service. Breakfast was very good, and checkout was quick and easy!

The hotel was quiet and clean.

The pool was closed for repair so half our party left early because of it. We were not told and were told it would be open the next day but never happened. We weren't offered anything to com for it. And not told we had to pay for parking until we checked out.

The hotel was quiet and clean.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

It was great
    • Traditional King Non Smoking

Making the reservation really hard asked some questions and since you were talking to someonr who was not there made it a little difficult

We liked the dining room buffet that was on the 5th floor where our room was.

ease of check in, parking and quiet
    • Traditional Double Non Smoking

Unfortunately the only thing that is lacking is no a.m. coffee, I was told the early guests had some at 6 am But I got up at 630 and coffee was no longer available. “ you can pay for a cup” was the response, I said thanks , but could wait.

ease of check in, parking and quiet

The gentleman at the front desk, David, was very helpful.
    • Traditional Double Non Smoking

We had to moved from our first room located on the first floor. It was dirty, ketchup and sticky residue on the counter, dirty linens, glasses, a used bar of soap next to the a new wrapped one and an overall musty smell. The staff was very apologetic and moved us to a new room immediately. This room was better but not the clean I expect from Shareton hotels.

The gentleman at the front desk, David, was very helpful. He made the neccessary changes quickly and with a great attitude. Definitely an asset to that hotel.

I'd look for something less expensive that will be a better value.
    • Traditional Double Non Smoking

Wallpaper was pulling off the wall, stains on the carpet, and I couldn't leave a day early and get a refund on the unused portion.

Beds were clean. Lobby was nice and clean.

Friendly staff but hotel in poor conditions and needs serious renovations.

The hotel property was extremely expensive compared to the rooms which really shocked . The rooms need to be entirely redone..The carpet is old and musky and curtains look 200 years old...Definitely needs serious renovations.

The great thing about the hotel is the staff who is friendly and helpful in every way. I like that one can get fresh Starbucks in house.

Attended graduation at BC . Traffic in area made logistics difficult

Breakfast setup was confusing and not very good. Center table was continental and two surrounding tables were buffet which were not labeled. Booked online 2 rooms with 90 year old father-in-law in one that was supposed to be adjoining or close proximity. Called week before to confirm room logistics. On arrival there are no such plans , 15 minutes and 2 clerks to straighten out

Beds and rooms were clean and comfortable , friendly staff

Would rate this hotel 4 out of 5.
    • Traditional Double Non Smoking

Blackout curtain let in too much light. No fan in bathroom. Bed was a little hard. Couch and desk chair were nice but expected something higher end.

Clean, good location. Refrigerator in room. Room was spacious, especially for Boston.

The catering manager Jerry was an absolute legend and...
    • Junior King Suites

Do not use the executive lounge at the weekend - IT IS CLOSED! Do not engage in conversation with Woldy at the front desk, she was so incredibly rude. The breakfast was limited and very busy. Worst Sheraton I’ve ever stayed in.

The catering manager Jerry was an absolute legend and rescued our trip. The room was comfortable

We will never stay in this hotel again!!!
    • Traditional King Non Smoking

We were woken up in the middle of the night by other people who were in the room next door to us. The noise level was so disturbing.Loud tv, yelling in halls, yelling loudly in room ! We called the front desk to resolve this issue. It took 3 calls to the desk and over an hour and half to they finally removed the loud people to another room!! Also, they allow dogs in this hotel and there was dog poop all over the floor and carpet near the elevator!! So disgusting!!! They did not clean it up appropriately when the front desk was notified!! Had to speak with them 2 times to clean it up!! Health Hazard big time!!

Good job, courteous staff. Keep it up, I will return for another great stay :)
    • Traditional Double Non Smoking

The only thing that I believe the hotel could do better is improve the showers in the rooms. I had 2 rooms but both showers were slow. Tub in room 453 was slow to drain.

Everything at the hotel was excellent. The facilities, the staff, the location all left not much more to be desired.

Our room and facilities were good. Pricing could have been more transparent.
    • Traditional Double Non Smoking

Paid parking was a surprise at $12. per night. I understood that we had a complimentary breakfast, but that is only available if you book directly with the hotel. Didn't find out until we all sat down and started eating and they asked us for a coupon! Then it was $15. per person. So our good room rate ended up being about $55 more than I expected after those surcharges. The restaurant was not a nice place for dinner, the ambiance was very bad. Fortunately there were many good restaurants within a few minutes drive.

The room with the pool was nice. Bed was comfortable, room was clean.

WILL BE STAYING AGAIN!
    • Traditional King Non Smoking

Nothing. Everything was great!

The facilities. I was pleasantly surprised by the style and theme of the hotel. Everyone was friendly too and always checked if I needed anything.

Friendly staff welcomed me after a long day of training
    • Traditional King Non Smoking

A small thing...the faucet was leaking. I may have left a note.

There were trees growing on the rocks outside my window. Amazing use of small space at the top of a rocky Hill.

Excellent accommodations at a reasonable price.
    • Traditional King Non Smoking

It was a handicapped-accessible room. The shower controls were very complicated. Couldn’t figure out how to get shower from regular shower head, only the hand held one.

Comfortable bed. Excellent pillows! Wonderful buffet breakfast!

We had a great time at this hotel and will definitely stay again.
    • King Room - Disability Access

I really have no complaints, we had a great stay.

The staff was very kind. The room was very clean and comfortable We were able to bring our pet and didn't have to pay an extra fee, unless there was damage. Our dog is well behaved so having to pay that fee that other hotels request seems pointless for us. Our kids loved the indoor pool.

• Club Double Room

Hated that they charged me for parking on weekend when I didn't even use parking. Ubber. 24.00. Never go back...

The room was clean and comfortable, all staff we encountered were friendly and efficient
    • Traditional King Non Smoking

The restaurant and food were great. The waitstaff were friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. We had breakfast on Sunday and the dining room manager? He was acting as host was making a mess of seating! He was turning people away stating a wait list while there were clean empty tables and a full buffet. He continuously disappeared out back when he would have been more useful assisting staff in clearing tables. Many club level guests were coming in to just grab a plate to go and he would not allow it. He also walked by the buffet several times and never closed a cover left open by a guest.

Front desk staff were professional and efficient. Mike was very friendly!

Interesting having to explain to our kids the particular smell of cannabis.
    • Traditional Double Non Smoking

The only time we could enjoy the pool/spa facilities there were no towels available. The towels were finally made available fifteen minutes before the facilities were closing. Carpeting outside the 1st room we were given was being replaced, thus very messy and dusty. Front desk changed our room to another floor, however, there was a strong smell of marijuana that permeated throughout the hall and into our room.

The room was clean and the front desk staff was friendly and accomodating.

i was disappointed in the general condition of the hallways...
    • Traditional King Non Smoking

i was disappointed in the general condition of the hallways and room- all needs a refreshing- carpets looked burnted out, old bathrooms- rooms just old- and not worth the rate. would expect that at the next level down in motels-

Would definitely stay again

There was a pair of dirty socks in our closet

We were greeted by a man named Al that was an expert at customer service. So friendly and helpful. Great way to start our stay. All the staff was friendly and helpful but Al made us feel at home.

Excellent hotel and staff. Would definitely stay there again!

Daily parking fee.

Front staff Nicole, May and Allison were great to me and my son. The hotel is extremely clean, pool is outstanding. Room has everything you need including Starbucks coffee.

Disappointed
    • Traditional King Non Smoking

Bed very worn/soft. Pillows ridiculously thin. Torn sheet and put on in the wrong direction so we had to remake the bed ourselves! Called for a wake-up call; never received. Asked for a second robe; not received (we asked the next day again and finally did get it). Cleaning staff in hallway with expected cart-but MULTIPLE large garbage bags of laundry Linda no the hallway?!! Unsightly and unnecessary! On Saturday, the hot chocolate dispenser in lobby was empty. When I asked about it, the desk clerk says d they only have it out Monday-Friday. Really? You keep an empty and dirty dispenser out for over 24 hours?!!

Nice location. Nice lobby/restaurant area. Plenty of computers available.

I love everything!
    • Traditional King Non Smoking

I love everything!💞 The customer service staff very friendly and helpful. The bedroom very nice and clean,the bed very comfortable. The continental breakfast exceeded my expectations.

My daughter and I were pleasantly surprised at the convenience of the location and value.
    • Traditional Double Non Smoking

Would have preferred queen-size and/or softer beds, rather than full-size beds. $12 fee to park in a garage that had multiple spaces available seemed odd.

The property was clean and nicely decorated. Pillows were comfortable. The continental buffet was a good value. The computers in the lobby were easy to access and came in handy.

Great value;0 clean, comfortable hotel with a warm accomodating staff.
    • Traditional King Non Smoking

Location was convenient, but unattractive and tucked away.

Basically a comfortable basic hotel in the middle of an office park. Nice pool and adequate workout facility.

Is not my first time at Sheraton when my daughter turn sweet...

Is nothing at Sheraton that could be Not like you guys are the Best

Is not my first time at Sheraton when my daughter turn sweet sixteen I had a party here. When last week to Atlantic City and was the Sheraton I travel the world and his Sheraton.

Great hotel for a staycation, we went primarily to swim and use hot tub during school vacation week.
    • Traditional Double Non Smoking

Paying to park, the continental breakfast was just ok- a big selection from eggs to oatmeal, fruits, bagels, muffins, juices, etc. but we got there at 10:15 and it was kind of old by then. Eggs hardish and lukewarm.

The bed sheets and pillows were luxurious. The pool was very nice, pretty area. Lobby area and each floor were nicely decorated for holidays. Very clean overall.

Functional hotel staff were accommodating and friendly.
    • Club Double Room

Food options limited (especially if you’re attempting vegan/vegetarian). Location is challenging as no walking access to local ammeneties. Shuttle provided but a little less freedom than being able to access local restaurants or shops on foot.

Functional hotel staff were accommodating and friendly.

Nice, comfortable, glad I have handicapped parking placard to park right outside entrance for free.
    • Traditional King Non Smoking

Parking charge of $10 is a ripoff, parking is not that convient. Location is rather difficult, a maze through an industrial park, not walking distance to anything.

Bed was excellent. Onsite bar. Very quiet room.

Adequate place to stay.
    • Traditional King Non Smoking

Crazy amount of bar fly's. Wanted a martini saw olives with a gross film, bartender rinsed with water and was going to use. Changed drink choice. Had to ask for bar snacks, kitchen was down due to fire alarm. Ordered extra pillows, stood at my door as maiden put pillowcases on.

Convenient to where I needed to be.

For the money, nice place to stay when visiting Boston.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Our room did not have a microwave which would have been helpful, but certainly not a deal killer. The site is located in area surrounded by office buildings, so while traveling with pets, it doesn't leave much space to walk them but they do have a small area for that. Again, not a deal killer

The staff was incredibly welcoming. The rooms are nice, maybe a little outdated but overall for our purposes and price point were fine. The location is very close to I-95(128) and the drive into Boston (approx 10 miles) via Boylston St was fairly quick. The restaurant is fine for nights that you simply don't feel like heading out. They also have a pretty decent breakfast buffet. Being able to bring the pets is a plus!

It was ok
    • King Room - Disability Access

I did not like their parking lot - the spots were to small and it is easy to someone to scratch your car. I did have to call them back for the extra charge and i got my money back but they just charge the extra money to your credit card.

The price was fear.

We had a great and convinient stay.

The curtains didn't cover all of the window so the rising sun made us wake up early. The pillows were too thin. The beds were very high for the children to climb, and also we had to improvise bariers from them to fall.

Kids' breakfast is free. The hotel is very neat and tidy. The room is huge and has lots of extra space.

Really horrible thanks to Booking.com and this horrible hotel staff
    • Traditional Double Non Smoking

Arrived late after driving hours through a rain storm. After booking the room almost a month earlier for 2 nights, woman at desk told us that she only had us down for one night and at 1 am wanted us to call booking.com otherwise we would have to check out and possibly be able to change rooms. I told her that we couldn't do that because we were touring Boston the next day and wouldn't be able to check out and change rooms. She told me that there was nothing she could do.She was incompetent and unhelpful. I spent the next hour instead of sleeping holding for an agent. Your website and this woman ruined our trip to Boston. Thanks so much

It was clean and comfortable

Clean and staff was helpful when I needed something.
    • Traditional Double Non Smoking

The door to our room was terrible!! It was so heavy to open the door. I threw my back out due to the door beitg that way. My boyfriend got hit with the door in his rib area and has a big lump and a bruise from it. Wanted to stay a couple more nights but ended up not with all that happened.

The hotel was clean and room was nice. The bed was comfortable and glad it was with the issue from the door. Other than this it was a nice room.

• Traditional King Non Smoking

Had two terrible meals in two days, and had a cheque altered to increase the tip by 50%. And the bathroom ceiling leaked, badly. To be fair, the reception staff took the issues seriously, but their kitchen staff need a rocket up them.

Clean

The Sheraton...my choice when visiting Boston.

no negatives :)

When booking a suite, they offer appitizers which was great! Plus, we had breakfast included during our stay. Very nice place to stay! I notice they have an area right outside of the hotel for anyone with dogs (small dog park).

The room was spacious but my room was not prepared for me...

The room was spacious but my room was not prepared for me and when I raised the issue with front desk, no one seemed to care. So although the hotel was at a good location and the room was spacious, I wouldn't stay there again.

GREAT except for Housekeeping
    • Traditional Double Non Smoking

Problem was with housekeeping. When we returned on Sat. from a long trip to Boston (left at 9 am), our beds were unmade and room wasn't cleaned. At 5:45 we complained to front desk, Markus, the clerk, said he would send someone from housekeeping up right away. Nobody came. Despite several requests, room was not cleaned until 7:25 pm Markus offered us a complimentary breakfast, but in no way did it compensate for the inconvenience. The incident and the way it was handled put a damper on what otherwise would have been deemed an excellent experience.

Day staff was excellent. In fact, they were very helpful in planning a trip to Boston and very knowledgeable about best ways to go. No complaints whatsoever.

Good
    • Traditional King Non Smoking

I was unsatisfied with the midnight receptionist. He insisted that my booking was not in the system, leaving me "homeless" on the first night. It is so fortunate that my friend has an empty room for me to stay at that night. Other than that incident, everything else is perfect.

The bed is very comfy, room is very wide.

Stay here if you want to PAY FOR PARKING AND BREAKFAST
    • Superior King

Lack of culture diversity. NO FREE BREAKFAST. $15/$20 charge per person. NO FREE PARKING. Vending machines sold out, so you have to buy drinks from the lobby.

The room itself

Plan to return on my next trip !
    • Traditional King Non Smoking

No charge for parking ... this facility is in the country, not impacted by urban restrictions

Facility is well located and up-to-date. Bedding is most comfortable. Well staffed across the board.

wonderful last minute stay!
    • Superior King

Swimming pool area was full of used towels needed clearing up late Saturday night too much going on in the pool area - needed supervision/cleaning

Excellent room - the staff were most helpful and kind

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Just a disappointing corporate Sheraton gouge
    • Superior King

Low water pressure and flow in bathroom and shower. Felt gouged for a $12 parking fee. Why the heck be a preferred member to be gouged on parking. Would not stay again despite pleasant staff and clean property

Lesson learned!
    • Traditional Double Non Smoking

The night we arrived the guy that attended us was not communicative. I asked about parking and he answered it will cost $12, that night the gate was up, the next day it was down so I was walking back and forth from the parking area like a headless chicken because I thought I needed a ticket to be able to get out. They need to give more in depth information when a question is asked. I didn't like that breakfast was not included for such a "high class" hotel.

Room was comfortable and pool area was fun.

Room at the club level is spacious enough for family of...

Elevator need an update

Room at the club level is spacious enough for family of three, hotel overall good size, okay location next to interstate, good breakfast & comfortable beds.

Great Staff!
    • Traditional King Non Smoking

We were in town for a funeral. The manager, Allison, took great care of our family and went out of her way to ensure we all had a pleasant stay. She made the trip much easier to deal with. The bartender was also fabulous. Helped my mom pick out a wine that she would like. Remembered us the next day and took great care of us. Thank you!

no service
    • Traditional Double Non Smoking

Room card key didn't work when we reached the room , forced us to wait in front of our room over 10 minutes. I called the front desk but no one came ,so rushed to the front desk and asked clerk to open the door.

cealness, breakfast

The internet is NOT free!
    • Traditional King Non Smoking

I was charged 12.78 for the in-room internet when I was using the internet in the public area. I didn't realized I accidentally clicked "upgrade" until the next morning right before I left the hotel, so, I wonder if there is a better and more clear to let your customer know that. If I knew that I was charged the 12.78 when I was in the public area, I would have been gone back to my room and lay down on my bed to enjoy it.

All the things are good except the internet

Okay
    • Traditional Double Non Smoking

There was a cockroach in the shower which was freaky! Which didn't make us comfortable eating there. Besides that the hotel was nice and the staff was nice. Area was a little sketchy, on our way over there we saw a Acura mdx with no wheels aka someone stole all 4 tires. The walls were very thin, whenever someone was in the hall way we thought they were going to come into our room.

Comfy sheets, nice staff

Clean, but breakfast not so good
    • Traditional Double Non Smoking

Even though we got down to breakfast an hour before they closed it, eggs plus all other hot meal items were empty and they would not refill it, which made breakfast less than average. Did not have a remote for tv and had to ask three times before they brought us one.

Clean and convenient

The beds were comfortable, and the shower was nice.
    • Traditional King Non Smoking

From midnight on, there was many distractions. Many people had too much to drink. Screaming, running up and down the hall ways.

The beds were comfortable, and the shower was nice.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Meh
    • Traditional King Non Smoking

The bed looked like somebody slept in it before. The pillowcases and the sheets were not ironed or steamed at all. The view from the room was really sad - roof and ventilation system.

Swimming pool was great! Lobby looked good.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Great place to stay, rooms roomy and comfy
    • Traditional King Non Smoking

1) Ice: surprisingly slippery asphalt. Many of us slid, and our brother-in-law, convalescing from heart surgery, actually fell, but luckily was unharmed. And we had reported the situation to the front desk, and they did do a good job salting the sidewalk. A little sand on the asphalt would have helped a lot. 2.) Heating system: our son in room 519 had no heat. Problem turned out to be the thermostat on the wall, but the first time they came to fix it, they said it was motion activated. If so, surely guests should be told that before they go to their rooms, and start to try fiddling with buttons

Every aspect of the bed and bedding Breakfast The big room with a big couch so we could fit us 4travelers plus 4 family members as guests on Xmas eve,as well as a good choice of common spaces if we'd preferred

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Lovely time, great place. Return traveler
    • Traditional King Non Smoking

I don't like getting nibbled with extras like $12/ night parking. Breakfast buffet was excellent, but pricy ($15).

Great hotel, facility, staff. Restaurant has excellent food, though a bit pricy.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Stayed here twice.
    • Traditional King Non Smoking

The site is a little hard to find, even with a GPS. Also the parking is an additional expense and the pay-to-park lot is not in a convenient location.

The hotel itself is just fine. The staff were friendly and the room very comfortable. Probably the best choice in Needham where I "needed" to be.

Top of the line and easy access to Gillette Stadium
    • Traditional Double Non Smoking

Very nice room and quiet setting away from traffic.

everything went well.
    • Club Double Room

window curtain at night because I can not sleep with the lights on.

just fine.

The beds were not very comfortable and the restaurant on...
    • Traditional King Non Smoking

The beds were not very comfortable and the restaurant on the premises were out of multiple items on the menu for breakfast.

it was ok
    • Traditional King Non Smoking

Bed linen could have been cleaner

no noise

The overall stay was good.
    • Traditional Double Non Smoking

The parking fee and the ice machine on my floor was not working after the first night.

The bed was very comfortable.

Front desk staff
    • Traditional King Non Smoking

Dirty outdated looked like a hospital entrance not a welcoming environment

Front desk staff

Thank you!!!
    • Traditional Double Non Smoking

Great bed, smart tv is excellent amenity, amazing shower so clean! pool and hot tub are clean and fun

The service and very quiet it

The service and very quiet it

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Bad Cost-benefit
    • Traditional Double Non Smoking

Very bad Internet access, not compatible with brand and price. Housekeeping forgot my room in the second day of my stay

No free coffee in morning

No free coffee in morning

It served its purpose at a very good price. Fine for what we needed.
    • Traditional Double Non Smoking

L:ocation was a little weird.

Hotel charges $15 per night to park your car, be aware of...
    • Traditional Double Non Smoking

Hotel charges $15 per night to park your car, be aware of that.

No assistance available or offered bringing bag to the 1st flr room