Reviews of Sheraton Anchorage Hotel 4 stars

401 East 6th Avenue, Anchorage, AK 99501, USA

#46 of 70 hotels in Anchorage

GOOD LOCATION, GOOD BREAKFAST BUT A LITTLE PRICEY
    • Standard King Room

Expensive and rooms seemed quick cleaned. A little dirty in bath room which makes a person feel a little like maybe the rest is not clean as well.

Location was good, could get to anywhere you would like to go within the city. Breakfast was good plenty of choices and good quality. The gym was good.

Clean, comfortable room.
    • Standard King Room

The foyer was disapointing and in need of an upgrade. I was concerned that the rooms would be the same but luckily they were in much better condition and very comfortable.

The Rooms were a decent size and very clean.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Staff are very friendly and helpful, the bed is extremely...
    • Standard King Room

There wasn’t anything we didn’t like

Staff are very friendly and helpful, the bed is extremely comfortable, most things are within easy walking distance

Pig in a poke.
    • Standard King Room

We were expecting a King Room to have a King size bed. Both rooms were furnished with two FULL size beds. We paid too much money for an inferior room.

We found the servers in the bar were very friendly and courteous.

Overpriced hotel lacking in basics of hospitality

Poor ability of front of house staff,especially in restaurant..with one exception at front desk who was helpful beyond what was required

Comfortable bed

Location is OK

The hotel is very close to the civil aviation airport, so you have early wakeups because of starting and landing planes. 21,00 USD breakfast is not worth the price (dirty plates, no vegetables, etc.) - go eating outside.

Location is OK

I believe the room was much better than rooms at the Captain Cook.

The room service breakfast was one of the best we’ve had in a long time. We just couldn’t believe everything was hot, perfect eggs. I would come back for this experience!!

THE MAIN REASON I BOOKED THE SHERATON WAS BECAUSE THE AD...
    • Standard King Room

THE MAIN REASON I BOOKED THE SHERATON WAS BECAUSE THE AD SAID THE TRAIN STATION WAS 1000 YARDS AWAY AND I WAS TAKING THE TRAIN EARLY FRIDAY MORNING AND WAS WALKING OVER! ALSO, THE STARBUCKS WAS OPEN A VERY SHORT TIME DURING THE DAY ONLY AND THERE AREN'T ALOT OF SPECIAL COFFEE SHOPS IN DOWNTOWN ANCHORAGE!

Overall very nice comfortable stay. I'd do it again.

The mirror had a moose design which didn't let me see myself very well. If you have to have a design on the mirror ...it should be smaller. The parking is expensive and doesn't seem secure.

Breakfast buffet was very good. Very friendly staff.

I would recommend and return.
    • Standard King Room

Stayed on the 10th floor that we were told had recently been renovated. Funky room. Easily the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Friendly, helpful staff.

Fair
    • Standard King Room

Not a business oriented check out staff. Need more training

First check in Staff was very good But subsequent check out staff was not friendly and not business oriented

It was pleasant and we are well rested.
    • Standard King Room

Only if the room had microwave but there’s none. The bathroom is a little bit small.

The city lights was beautiful at night time. And also the Mountain View was amazing.

Will not stay there again over priced and out dated. Old.
    • Standard King Room

They charged extra fifty dollars without explanations. The room was really old furniture was really worn out. Food was way over priced

The only thing I liked was the gym view.

Was good overall. Wouldn't pay that price again for that room though

Wish the tub was bigger for the price I paid for the room. Wasn't too happy that the washer/dryer wasn't working the last night we were there.

The bed was amazing. Housekeeping was on top of it. The St. Patrick's Day meal special was really good.

Short stay hotel...for fair price
    • Standard King Room

The pictures I saw of the hotel were not this particular hotel, so I was pretty disappointed. Not to mention, the bed had female hair all over the blankets. I also didn’t like the loud doors. The doors close loudly.

The location of the hotel is amazing. The hotel views were perfect.

Bed and pillows were a dream!
    • Standard King Room

They're doing renovations and put me in a non-renovated floor.

Bed and pillows were a dream! Also, I had an incredible view of the snow covered mountains.

The staff was great!

The elevators were broken the first day we were there. We had to use the service elevators. The rooms were really small. No fan in the bathroom. The parking was a gravel lot behind and beside the hotel. Very icy.

The staff was great! They were friendly and welcoming.

Great location, terrible bathroom.
    • Standard King Room

The room was TINY and the bathroom was terrible. The toilet was industrial. The shower was stained and old. I guess I expected more out of the Sheraton. I was expecting the room to be as amazing as the lobby... but it wasn't. It was clean and comfortable, but I could've stayed in a room that was twice as nice for the same price if I had gone to Springhill suites.

The pillows were nice. The front desk staff was extremely helpful.

The staff was soooo nice and anything you needed to make...

Parking was very inconvenient and $15 dollars a day was awful

The staff was soooo nice and anything you needed to make your stay enjoyable the made it a priority.

Nice stay in Anchorage
    • Standard King Room

Breakfast and parking were not included in the price. The bath was small.

We enjoyed the view from the room and the gym. The breakfast was good! Central location.

The hotel staff, especially housekeeping, were wonderful.

Don’t eat in the restaurant. The breakfast was lame pre cooked potatoes broken sausage gravy and waited 15 minutes for the bill. No service people on the floor at all. Finally I had to stand where she couldn’t get by me another 5 minutes. Very disappointed, totally over priced.

The staff is awesome!

All in all, I enjoyed my stay and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone considering it!

Parking isn’t free but it is within walking distance of the hotel.

I loved this hotel. The staff was friendly, the room was very nice, and the location was perfect. The shower was great! The water pressure was great and the water was always steaming hot! (:

The bed was amazing - comfortable mattress, great duvet,...

Front desk staff were hot or cold, some friendly, some not at all.

The bed was amazing - comfortable mattress, great duvet, super comfy pillows! Couldn't wait to get into bed :-)

Nice hotel, will not stay again.
    • Standard King Room

We had a booking problem and the staff was completely unwilling to work with me. Will never stay at this hotel again and will not recommend to anyone.

Horrible stay
    • Standard King Room

The hotel is outdated, rooms are bare cleaned bare minimum. The elevators are unstable and do not have guide/hand rails to accommodate individuals with disabilities. The front staff on all shifts are rude and unprofessional. The bellhops are courteous.

I did not like my stay at this Sheraton at all.

Great value stay
    • Standard King Room

There is no restaurant at the hotel but that is unnecessary given the proximity to so many places.

The hotel is just on the edge of the city but still in walking distance of everything. It is great value for money compared with the two other major hotels. Staff were very helpful and I really loved the lobby and bar area - you felt as though you were in Alaska.

Room was very comfortable.
    • Standard King Room

Room was very comfortable. Staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. We did not eat at the restaurant, but did eat at the bar and the food was excellent. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Anchorage.

Luxury

Rooms do not have refrigerators or microwaves and you have to pay $15 for parking.

I love the rooms: spacious, clean, water pressure excellent. Also there is better security now. Before anybody could go up the floors.

Old and low standards - Sheraton only by name.
    • Corporate Deluxe King Room

We booked a room with Club privileges. When we tried to enter the club, the key card did not work. We had to return to reception, just to be informed that the club service was stopped a few months back. Now no more alcoholic drinks are offered. The club rooms is is a terrible room with some bare chairs and tables, a refrigerator with soft drinks and a few jars with nuts. No refund was offered for the lack of this privilege for which we paid. The hotel is very old and badly in need of a total refurbishment. For the rate they charge you will find a more modern, up to date hotel in Anchorage. Internet is free of charge - yes, but only very very slow speed. For proper broadband access they charge more than USD10.- per day. This is a mean, minimalistic hotel. Clearly not up to what one would expect from a Sheraton branded property. Starwood should cancel the franchise agreement for this property. Go elsewhere.

Fairly good location, Large Rooms, ample parking just outside the hotel. Excellent coffee at the bar in the lobby. We liked the view of the cemetery - very green park like - but for Chinese and other Asian guests this could be a problem.

Good hotel with really good customer service.

I wish the bathroom wasn't so finicky. Bathrooms could definelty use an upgrade.

Great views and very good customer service. Staff was very courteous responded to all of my requests accordingly.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Top-notch Hotel

The staff here is friendly and accommodating. I appreciate the front desk young lady who checked me in-she is sincere and friendly. Jocelyn (sp.?) the room service woman was also very friendly and accommodating. The beds are so comfy and the room exceptionally clean. I love the water pressure from the shower head. I always enjoy this property.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

House keeping do they job very perfect

House keeping do they job very perfect Room clean more of shampoo and soap even we not ask and they help us to organize our stuff in bathroom in proper.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Bed was comfy

Rooms were smaller then one i had stayed in before like super small i was not impressed for the money i paid i paid more for a small room compared to a huge room i was in before

Bed was comfy

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Nice place, wouldn't eat there again
    • Standard King Room

Charge for outside parking , we went to the restaurant for breakfast, knew nothing about a voucher, had left over buffet and was charged 42.00 for it, terrible

The room was amazing, the staff was super nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Sheraton Anchorage
    • Standard King Room

Management attitude about the difficulties which was unprofessional and inflexible.The staff was unprofessional and untrained for thus property. An example is that they had me checked under several variations of my name that led to long check-in/check-out, internet usage troubles, room service confusion, etc. The internet, when operating, was very slow and disconnected regularly. Smoking seems to be allowed, our room was near an exit and was inundated with cigarette smoke every evening. Outside the parking entrance/exit the case was the same with regards to smoking, although posted as no smoking and with zero cigarette butt receptecales provided, the smoking was prevelant and seemingly condoned.

We love Alaska! Lived here for many years (40 +)

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Disrespect
    • Corporate Deluxe King Room

Staff was very rude. From valet to front desk to GM. All very rude. Do not speak clearly and are very disrespectful. 7 hour drive to just relax driving through a winter storm and to be greeted like I was a no body.

The room was ok and club room relaxing

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Some of staff was helpful

1. Security! Some homeless guy followed us and get into hotel from parking lot. But security could find him and there is no security camera! feel really horrified! 2. Staff. most of them are not helpful: the one in lounge took away food even when we were still having breakfast. Room cleaning left our clothes on the floor! 3. The worst, I haven't received security refund after almost 1 month after check out! ridiculous! wondering whether they will process it ever in general, doesn't feel like Sheraton, more like a holiday inn express experience, only with bigger room.

Some of staff was helpful

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Not staying here again... will go to Hilton
    • Standard King Room

The distinct service was awful. The front desk staff "a fashion expert" was just as clueless about everything and not accommodating for anything. The hotel needs a new person at the desk and maybe I'd return! The shower was broken when we can, we were told our room didnt come with à microwave so we couldn't get one brought up to our room. They also told us parking didn't come with our room and we needed to pay for it. Our room had very old furniture that was either chipping or had numerous water stains. The room was way too small for the price we paid.

The lobby was nice and the halls too.

Great staff. Good location, very comfortable.
    • Standard King Room

Great staff. Good location, very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Clean modern hotel Would stay again
    • Standard King Room

Could not fault this hotel

Clean modern hotel all the facilities you need about a 10 min walk to the centre of the town

location.
    • Standard King Room

room 412 was noisy. hotel lacks feeling/personality.

location. free parking

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Great beds, clean and tidy
    • Standard King Room

Breakfast was not value for money and the staff were rather inattentive hence no tip!

Great beds, clean and tidy

Great view, comfortable bed

Great view, comfortable bed

Excellent property located in the heart of Anchorage, walking distance from restaurants and shops.

Everyone at the hotel were friendly and welcoming with great smiles ....

No airport shuttle, too far from downtown

No airport shuttle, too far from downtown

The room was comfortable
    • Standard King Room

The front desk staff were not helpful

The room was comfortable

Wonderful, great, super!

Bed very comfortable!

Nice room, view, gym!

No hair stylist..

Didn’t try breakfast...bed was comfortable

Overall it was good

The morning staff was a little rude when we asked about the breakfast.

The spa was great and the room was beautiful. We enjoyed the house wine.

It was amazing.

Small bathroom

Like bed and comforter

Beardes
    • Standard King Room

Every time I went outside to smoke someone would ask to bum a smoke.

It's downtown close to nice restaurants.

I would recommend it very highly
    • Standard King Room

It has a very good breakfast, all staff members were very friendly, and rooms very clean .

Cleanliness

Nice place to stay with a comfy bed.
    • Standard King Room

Make sure you ask if FREE breakfast is included. Our friend had to pay $21 for breakfast.

Comfy bed! Nice decor.

Friendly Staff

No jacuzzi!!!

Friendly Staff

Nice mattress.

Air conditioner a bit too loud

Nice mattress. Close to Anchorage museum, shopping mall, restaurants. Good view in the gym. Great breakfast.

Staff was friendly but I would look for different hotel if I was to stay again.
    • Standard King Room

Tv did not work and no,hot water one morning although both were fixed. Pricey for having these issues

We simply would not book it again

The restaurant facilities were very poor

Service was not ideal and could have been better.
    • Standard King Room

Service was not ideal and could have been better.

The BEST most comfy bed and bedding and black out blinds!!!
    • Standard King Room

SD TV and no music channels. It would be nice to have the cable channel listings on paper also.

Starbucks coffee in the room. :-)

Very pleasant stay. Staff excellent.

Pillows too soft

Delicious salmon in restaurant Coin operated laundry very useful

Very satisfactory
    • Standard King Room

The room was quiet. The bed very comfortable. Free WiFi!

the receptionists, the facilities to storage purchase by...
    • Standard King Room

The mattress looks a little bit old, not so confortable

the receptionists, the facilities to storage purchase by internet.

good food at the restaurant cleanliness room and very...
    • Standard King Room

quite far from the center

good food at the restaurant cleanliness room and very comfortable bed

Home made strawberry jam (for the wafers) was delicious.

No bathrobes (!) and no slippers in the room.

Home made strawberry jam (for the wafers) was delicious.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Nice clean, comfortable hotel.

No airport shuttle.

Nice clean, comfortable hotel. Good breakfast and lounge area.

Lovation and size of room

Only one washing machine and dryer.

Lovation and size of room

Comfortable and good location.

A little dated.

Friendly staff

Breakfast was good and staff were pleasant.
    • Standard King Room

Location is a 20 mins walk from town, and Hotel facilities in need of some care and attention.

Breakfast was good and staff were pleasant.

Include breakfast.

Include breakfast.

Room was very comfortable and clean.
    • Standard King Room

Room was very comfortable and clean.

Good hotel un general. Should hace better restaurant for dinner-lunch.

Vecinity-adyacent with cemetery!☠️⚰️

All

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Great friendly staff

Great friendly staff

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

5 Star Sheraton in Anchorage
    • Standard King Room

The staff always went above and beyond to accommodate my business and personal needs! The Mountain view is incredible!