Reviews of Crowne Plaza Annapolis 3 stars

173 Jennifer Road, Annapolis, 21401, USA

#4 of 25 hotels in Annapolis

• Executive King Room

Two things. If you didn't want to use elevator, stairs hard to locate. Hotel difficult to locate because it sits way back off road and trees obscured it.

• Executive King Room

Toilet to low breakfast cold. charged twice for breakfast and stay not nice ,poop on toilet seat, Could not get help with luggage.very sad,

When it was time to go,

• Double or Twin Room

The parking out front gets pretty full at night it would be beneficial to have more entrance’s around the hotel so you don’t have to walk around the whole hotel in the rain 😕

The bed and pillows were wonderful!! Great nite sleep!!!

• Executive King Room

No Fox News available, menu indicated that it was but it was not. The front desk person was not competent nor helpful and mumbled broken English.

The pillows

• Executive King Room

No one to help with taking luggages up and down. Fire alarm everyone had to move down early morning in the rains!!!

The staff were always ready to help, very nice and always smiling and friendly. Perfect Location.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Lousy non HD tv with bad reception due to loose connections that we could not secure. Am sure that previous occupants had to report this issue.

Outstanding facility with very nice decor and comfortable rooms. Convenient location

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The surroundings were fresh and clean, the scent in the hallways lovely! Gym was excellent with plenty of towels and bottled water. Loved our stay here - highly recommend!!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were there on a Sat and they were fully booked. It seemed like they did not have ample staff to support this. Parking spaces were very scarce and they blocked the main walkway for repairs. (It seemed like a less busy day would have been better for repairs).

It was conveniently located near a highway and area with ample shopping and places to eat. The hotel was nicely up to date. Limited support at the front desk so a bit of a wait upon check in. The breakfast buffet provided a good variety of options. Staff were very friendly and helpful (restaurant and check in)

• Executive King Room

The pancakes were cold and the first four days of our stay they were resurfacing the parking lot and had the entire front of the hotel blocked off with caution tape which made traveling with a handicapped person incredibly difficult seeing as how our Ubers could not pick up and drop off in front of hotel. At one point we had to be dropped off around behind the hotel and walk up a hill to the hotel. This was very frustrating and inconvenient!!!!

The staff was able to switch us with no problem to a room better accommodating to my husband's post knee surgery requirements(crutches, and wheelchair). Also they held on to our suitcases even after checkout so we could still sightsee.

• Double or Twin Room

$11 for breakfast buffet of similar items provided by other hotels. Quality was somewhat better, however.

Great and helpful staff, clean and comfortable room = good stay.

• Executive King Room

No ice machine on floor and didn't make up our room for second night and refill coffee products...view of interstate and noise from it..not so good..

Nice room and pool area...

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wish they provided a shuttle to downtown. We weren't far but too far to walk.

The staff was excellent. The breakfast was very good and the hotel was top shelf.

I didnt like that i still have not been refunded the 75.00 they chg each room for incedentals. I should have had it refunded the day i left. Its been a week now that it has not been refunded.

Everything was fine

• Executive King Room

The whole cleanliness of the property its not good.

They treat booking via booking.com seperate to booking directly, seems like booking directly we get mor previlages.

• Executive King Room

It was my birthday weekend and I specifically asked for a room NOT facing the highway and my room faced the highway! I rented 2 rooms this weekend and the other one was more expensive, but worth it. The other hotel had a higher caliber of staff and the customer service was much higher.

• Double or Twin Room

More staff needed for Friday check in around 5 pm. The two staff members were very nice and worked very hard but I waited at least 10 minutes before one could help me.

Breakfast excellent. Waiters were super too.

Nothing everything was fantastic

It was a wonderful experience the general manager was great I had an issue with some dry cleaning and he took care of the problem right away. It’s nice to know that people still care and this gentleman was amazing.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Refrigerator and air conditioning was broken in the room: an “engineer” came to “fix” them and proceeded to mansplain to me how to use them and left without actually resolving the electrical problem. Bar staff were rude and closed an hour early because he felt like it. Asked for extra coffee pods and towels—none came. Horribly expensive and terrible location for the price. Rebooked via booking.com because IHG process was awful.

Approachable and friendly front desk staff. Clean and quiet room. Good bathroom amenities.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathroom sink drained slowly and a ceiling tile was hanging down but minor inconveniences.

The facility was attractive and pleasant with a nice indoor pool and hot tub. The room was well done and the beds were extremely comfortable.

• Executive King Room

Air conditioning was super loud, which i guess i got used to. Windows are really small, and you cannot open them, but for the money and all else about it was very pleasant. Excellent staff.

I only ate breakfast there, it was average. I am a healthy eater, organic, grass fed, lots of fresh veggies..hard to find when travelling. The good thing was it was right around the corner from whole foods. Beds were comfy, pillows not great and no extra blankets.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The water in our shower was coming out brown and had a smell of chlorine. We told the staff and they didnt really do much about it other than write down the room number In which we stayed

The staff was very nice! They left us a little complimentary snack when we first arrived to our room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No one changed my bedding changed the garbage had to ask for towels no one cleaned my hotel the whole time I was there .sickening wish I would have stayed somewhere else for the cost wish I could get my money back.

No one changed my bedding change the garbage had to ask for towels no one cleaned my hotel the whole time I was there.suckling wish I could get my money back.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

My girlfriend and I wanted to pack those beds and bring them home. We had rest that was well needed. We enjoy the indoor pool. The breakfast was delicious. Thanks for having US.

• Executive King Room

Upon check in I made it clear I didn’t want a early check in and didn’t want to pay for it and when I got home later that day I noticed I was charged for early check in. I called the store and the lady told me she couldn’t help me and only the manager could help me and of course she was off today so I was put to a voicemail where I left a messages d never was contacted back. Very poor customer service on that part, I had a concern and was brushed off !!!!

I use to stay here a few times a year. Very clean and luxurious.

• Executive King Room

Got tampons and two ice cream bars from their shop. I was charged 3 separate times for the tampons and had an extra $10 charged for a pint of ice cream that I never got. They tried to say they thought that one of the ice cream bars were mistaken for the pint but on my bill I had the two $5 charges for ice cream bars.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no toilet paper in the room, and when I called front desk was put on hold 5 minutes. I finally had to steal a roll off the cleaning cart. Also, bathroom countertops are strangely low - like 28” . There were no blankets in the closet & the comforters were thin cotton.

Nice flavored water & coffee in lobby

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Being near the expressway, you will hear traffic when in the rooms facing the outside but it is to be expected. A little odd that there were no towel bars in the bathroom. Also, beds are a bit high if you have short legs or are short in stature; highly recommend bringing a folding step stool. You receive vouchers for being green. They can be used for $5.00 off your next stay or a cocktail at the bar.

The property is conveniently located near many great restaurants and expressways. Very comfortable bed and room was nicely soundproofed regarding halls and other rooms. Each room has a safe and a fridge, but not much storage space. We had 2 double beds, 2 comfortable chairs. Good lighting. Ice is available in quart sized ziploc bags by the front desk. Someone from the bar will open your wine if you forget a wine key as we did. Breakfast buffet was good, better than most places and they will give you to-go containers so you can eat in your room. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Executive King Room

Parking was difficult since we decided to go out around 5pm. When we returned around 8pm we had to do a few loops over the course of 15 minutes to get a space. Also, I wasn't thrilled to find out that we could have had complimentary champagne and chocolate as part of a "romantic" package (and for a few dollars less than what we booked). Given that this was our anniversary it would have been a nice--and thoughtful--addition. The staff must not have seen our note in our reservation, and when I asked they stated it was just for breakfast (their website said complimentary breakfast and complimentary champagne/chocolates included). Since the weather was pretty crumby for this weekend, the little details would have made a good stay a great stay!

The staff were friendly and professional. The bed was clean and comfortable--we got a good night's rest! We checked out the gym and the pool on our last day but did not swim (it looked clean though you could smell the chlorine). The buffet breakfast was good and the variety was sufficient. The service staff at breakfast were very kind to us. The location is right across the street from a shopping mall, nearby restaurants, and a 15 minute drive to historic Annapolis. I wonder if there is a shuttle to the historic part of the city?

• Executive King Room

Didn’t fix my request about checkout times, plus when booking the site asked me my preference for a smoking or non smoking room but when we got there it was a non smoking hotel false advertisement .

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I had issues with charging my credit card upon arrival. And I had to call the bank and booking.com. Still not sure what happened.

Courtney at the front desk was very sweet and welcoming!

• Executive King Room

On the night we stayed outside temps were 10 degrees. Woke up at 3 am and the heater was blowing cold air. Called for repair in the morning and the room temperature was 61 and we were freezing. But the desk manager did reduced our room by 50%. These things happen but I have to say the night was frigid.

I liked that the elevator doors were always there and open waiting for me. The tv and bed were very nice and everything was clean.

• Executive King Room

Everything about this place was beyond amazing. Walking into the hotel, the receptionists were so friendly (even at 10 at night!), you couldn’t help but smile yourself. Check-in was super easy and they were very ready to accommodate any of our needs right away. Moving past reception, they have a beautiful restaurant and reception room. The hotel’s decor creates an absolutely amazing ambiance. Then the rooms...wow! I highly recommend the Crowne Plaza!

• Executive King Room

The bed was somewhat too high. I am 5ft 2inches and I had to vault up into bed. Also the pillows were too soft. I had some difficulty in finding the hotel because the address on the web site did not match my navigation system in the car.

The breakfast was filling with many choices at the breakfast bar.

• Executive King Room

A couple of things having to do With the coffee maker, but other than that It was enjoyable.

Established very friendly, and the people who stay there We're comforting in the way they conducted themselves.The staff was very comforting, and very Helpful.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Executive King Room

Can't think of any thing

We did not have breakfast at the hotel. But I have to report that our trip to Annapolis was scarey. We got a flat tire on I-83 so by the time we pulled into the hotel my cell phone was dead. The clerk who checked us in offered her personal phone charger for me to use. I was so thankful as I didn't pack a phone charger on this trip.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This was a “stay -cation “, to celebrate my husbands birthday. We only live 40 minutes away. The staff was so attentive, they surprised us with cake on our room, treated us to free breakfast and constantly inquired if we needed anything . I would highly recommend this hotel and I plan to visit again. Oh and the hot tub and pool were an added bonus .

• Executive King Room

The food could use bettering and maybe adding more options to the menu. What ever my husband and I ate upset both of our stomachs.

There are many things inside the hotel that you don’t really need to leave. It is very convenient

• Executive King Room

I did not like how the toilets in the room flushed so loud but that was not a main concern.

I like the atmosphere of the hotel, the location of the hotel. It was near everything you can ask for.

• Executive King Room

Our room faced the highway. The gift shop prices were ridiculous! $10 for a half pint of ice cream!! A bit much, even for a meeting planner!!!

The front desk staff was very pleasant and welcoming. The hotel was quite clean and comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel staff was very professional and friendly. The hotel is modern and the room was very clean and well appointed with a large screen TV and very comfortable beds. It is also conveniently located across from the mall.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Idiotic staff, room service knocked on our door at around 9 am to ask if we were leaving today or tomorrow. Front desk clerk made multiple billing errors that took several days to resolve. Probably won’t go back.

The hote was beautiful, the bar downstairs was great, the room was modern and comfortable and the bed was amazing.

• Executive King Room

Found it very misleading and underhanded that the room was called a King Suite, but the fine print listed the bed as an oversize double. Make sure you check the fine print!

Friendly and professional front staff. Plenty of parking. Located close to shopping.

• Double or Twin Room

The ac/heater was so loud that it woke me up each time it turned on during the night. The noise from the street was so loud that I had an impression the window is open. Maybe the windows were just old and no longer tight.

• Executive King Room

Proximity to the Metro (public transportation) wasn't great for us, but we made it work. Very well located to Naval Academy, where we also were headed.

Staff was very friendly, accommodating and went out of their way to meet all our needs. Room was very nice. Restaurant food was very good and servers were outstanding.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hot tub wasn’t as hot as we would have liked.

Beautiful hotel, when you checked in their was a handwritten note with complimentary snacks and water. They gave reminders for daylight savings. Beautiful hotel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel lobby sparkled. It was beautifully appointed and offered water with sliced lemons and limes. Felt like I was in a spa. The smiling faces at the check in desk further enhanced our entrance as did a big bowl of lollipops. This may seem like nothing but it's the way we greet people in our home and I would happily call my new favorite hotel home. The rooms did not disappoint either. Beds were comfortable, linens were fresh and clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No real negatives for me.

The rooms were very clean and staff most courteous. the only downside is it is close to freeway and you hear the freeway noise. Not so much an issue for me as when I get to sleep I am amblivous to the freeway noise.

• Executive King Room

Morning coffee in the lobby was awful, tasted like it had maple syrup in it. Room coffee much better. Road noise was awful. Even though the elevator was across the hall, we listened to the machinery operate 24/7. It was contest on loudest noise, traffic or elevator. Bathroom sink/counter was way too low, maybe Room 224 was a installation mistake. This was the lowest counter I have ever seen in a hotel. Ridiculous!!

Room and bathroom were very clean, modern... felt very fresh. Bed was comfortable. Staff was very nice. We ate in the restaurant one night and the food was excellent. Breakfasts were also excellent.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We would have liked to been able to walk to the mall nearby but the location wasn't conducive to an afternoon stroll.

Facility was clean, clean clean! The staff was friendly and efficient. The young man working the bar Sunday evening was friendly, interested and interesting. We so enjoyed talking with him and he seemed to have the same interest in learning about us. Other patrons also came into the bar and were duly engaged by the young man, whom we named Reggie (an American version of his Turkish name). Nice job all around.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I would loved to have had someplace to hang my bath towel while my husband used the shower. After we were both finished he draped them over the shower curtain. Until then mine hung on the entrance door handle. But it fell several times.

Truely enjoyed eating supper both nights there at the motel. Ruby took great care of us and Thomas cooked some delicious meals. Very satisfying and so convenient. I have forgotten the name of the woman who checked us in but she made sure we knew the best route to get to the boat show, she had a plumber fix our toilet while we were out and when I told her, as we were leave my for the day, that it was not working I had that great feeling that she was sincerely going to handle it. Never did she make me feel bad about pointing out a problem or make me feel like she was going to forget about it as soon as we left.

• Executive King Room

Ordered in room dinning but never came! 2nd floor room facing the highway very noisy. No shower or bath gel in shower (only body conditioner, shampoo and hair conditioner). I have asked for it but they did not have any!

Shopping malls and restaurants in few steps from the hotel.

• Executive King Room

Despite months ago reservation room was not ready at check in time. When we got in still had to finish adding towels. Did not replenish coffee as advertised. Minimum towels and wash cloths for two.

Staff was friendly and very courteous, breakfast buffet was very good and variety good for the price.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were there during the boat show, and the breakfast room was really busy. During extra busy weekends/events, it might be good to set up another few tables right outside the dining room. I would not have wanted to wait for seating in the morning, but I would have wanted to have the excellent breakfast at the hotel.

From the staff to the parking to the comfortable room to the excellent buffet breakfast, this hotel is a good buy. Every one of the staff that we encountered at the hotel was friendly and courteous. Even before our arrival, Camille was so helpful and friendly in answering my questions and helping me out with a particular request of ours. The location by the highways makes for easy access, and it is an easy 10 minute drive to the center of Annapolis. Buffet breakfast was worth the price. The rooms were comfortable, modern, and immaculate. Great place to stay.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Asked for a room away from highway and was told it was but it wasn't! Didn't realize how loud it would be all night until we settled into bed. Woke up all night from trucks/highway noise. when I told staff in the morning that I was disappointed in my stay, she didn't seem to care.

Room was recently updated and in great condition.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast not included in price Information about equipment in room not well displayed Staff barely visible Very slow elevator

Clean and good size room

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room 422, Employees should make guests aware of the noise level of associated with this room. Traffic noise was very loud. If anything I believe rooms along this side of the building should be discounted. Very disappointing.

Clean and restful. Location a huge plus.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

All staff extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast was enjoyable - Omelette very fluffy and a lot of veggies inside; multigrain toast was delicious; servers very pleasant

• Executive King Room

There were not towel racks or even a hook to hang our wet towels on. The indoor pool area (which is one of the reasons I booked this one) was closed for "repairs". The noise from the highway was awful.

The staff was very pleasant.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

pool could have been open. booked this location for pool after walk downtown .it was closed for deck painting. some notice would have send us elsewhere. bad luck? poor management? who knows.

quiet room 6th floor. desk agents helpful

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Loved the design aesthetic of the hotel and design details. Every detail was well- thought out. Even makeup remover wipes! Staff were welcoming too!

• Executive King Room

So, not sure what they spray in the hotel rooms, but the scent was soooo strong we both woke up with horrible headaches and allergies. We noticed it as soon as we arrived, and informed the front desk, who said it would go away. It didn't. When we got home, I opened my suitcase and the scent was all in my clothing. Please, don't spray that stuff in the rooms! Also, there needs to be another blanket or a heavier one on the bed. It was like sleeping with a paper towel on top of you.

Location for us was perfect. It's not downtown, but by the Mall. Staff is very friendly, beds were comfortable and hotel was clean.

• Double or Twin Room

The bed was comfortable; the room was clean but there was a strong odor in the room...unsure if it was mildew or airconditioner...it was room 600.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This is a very modern hotel with wonderful amenities. The staff's customer service skills were exceptional, and the rooms were immaculate each day. We were pleasantly surprised when the staff went above and beyond and surprised us with wonderful gifts in celebration of our 36th wedding anniversary. We highly recommend Crowne Plaza of Annapolis.

• Executive King Room

The restaurant staff was okay. not that friendly.. The managers were very nice. I didn't like that you could only access the stairs from the outside. I don't like to ride the elevators so I like taking the stairs and this was not ideal.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It rained the first day we were there. You have to work on that!!!

The staff were very helpful. Food variety was a surprise, lots of everything. A great stay

Elevators are so slow it's maddening. it should not take 10 minutes to go up four floors. Hot tub, get it serviced! works as slowly as elevator. Door to the pool needs a sign, we saw at least 8 people have trouble with or walk away from the door to the pool because they thought it was locked.

• Executive King Room

Coffee all the time in the lobby.

Did not eat at the restaurant but there are restaurant(s) in walking distance. Denny restaurant is 3 minutes always and the location is cross from the Annapolis mall. Great place is you are looking for a place to just rest and read a book, enjoy the pool etc.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Elevator seemed very slow especially at time for door to open.

The bed was very comfortable. Lots of pillows was a plus. Excellent TV and channel choices. Staff very friendly and helpful especially with directions in the morning. Also excellent location. Very close to great shopping and local restaurants.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

3 dollar grind and brew coffee in lobby? No HBO in room just HBO family 1 of 4 treadmills was working in fitness area

Location was near many mall restaurants

• Executive King Room

HVAC i room was not properly working. Was noisy, kept us awake most of night, and totally ineffective in reducing humidity. Everything became clammy including clothes, and papers. No ice machines, so when you need ice you have to call front desk. First time called, ice was delivered in short order. Second day ordered, took almost half hour. Bathroom has no place to hang towels. Counter height in bathroom is back-aching low.

Hotel has been recently renovated and updated. Looks good. Personnel were professional and helpful. Breakfast is decent.

• Executive King Room

I told the young lady who checked me in that it was our first anniversary and she was kind enough to send up a fruit tray with water and it was very thoughtful. I appreciated the thought. All of the staff was very nice. Accommodations were excellent!

• Executive King Room

That I didn't get to stay long enough.

The staff most of all were the friendliest, most accomodating, and most attentive. The facility itself was modern and clean. Very "hip and upbeat". I would love to come back!

• Double or Twin Room

Upon arrival, the front desk was understaffed. Only one young woman and a waiting line. She was courteous but inexperienced & overwhelmed. She gave us keys to a room still occupied. We had to return to the front desk waiting line. We got another room, but at night the sound of the trucks on Rte. 50 were very loud. We did receive a free full breakfast vouchers (2) as an apology to our early experience. But it was too late by the time we got them under our door. So we were unable to use them.

Premises were new and very clean! Staff available courteous.

• Executive King Room

It was a busy weekend. A little tough to find parking near the entrance. But not bad.

Hassan (sp) at the front desk was very friendly and accommodating. Best price for the quality and closeness to downtown Annapolis.

• Executive King Room

The dust on top of pictures, mirror, head board was excessive and appeared to be an accumulation of many weeks. Distracted from a well designed and decorated rooms. Based on cleanliness issues I could not recommend this facility to others. Dust is an indication of potential other cleanliness concerns.