Reviews of Sheraton Boston Hotel 4 stars

39 Dalton Street, Back Bay, Boston, MA 02199, USA

#49 of 81 hotels in Boston

5.6

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We’ve stayed here several times but this was the first disappointment! Room was next to elevator so we heard the elevator go up and down all night! Room seemed small for 2 adults and 2 kids — we’ve had a similar room in the past and seemed bigger! I didn’t mind paying for the valet but called down on our departure and told 10minutes but when we got there 15minutes later the car wasn’t there and the valet only pulled the keys when I gave him our ticket, he then said 10minutes! Biggest disappointment was 9.95 charge for WiFi ... seriously — it’s free at less expensive hotels!! Last — when we went to check out the option on the TV was not available and we had to stand on line!

The pool was great and clean! Kids had a great time! Location to Fenway Park and attractions we wanted to see was awesome!

• King or Queen Bed with River View

They provided only one bottle of water daily when I registered 2 guests as occupants. Why? The hallways.carpet need a rehash

The bed was comfortable and provided back support. Starbucks coffee for brewing was provided in the room. Loved the fact that the lobby had a.24 hr coffee shop where we can have breakfast all day The hotel is connected to a nearby mall and had connecting bridgeways

• Deluxe Double Room

Requested a ground level (or close to ground level) room way in advance and they did not have one. Was a bit disappointed in that.

Very close to everything, friendly staff, and the hotel is a stop for a hop on hop off bus tour which is great!

• King or Queen Bed with River View

1- paid for river view but front desk checked in on a standard room with no view. Had to complain to get the correct room 2- Genius members are suppoed to have an automatic late checkout but had to beg front-desk for 30 mins extension past noon.

1- location. right ar Prudential mall

• Club King Room with River View

Hotel- especially rooms need major reconstruction. Don´t understand that this hotel has category 4 stars. Ridiculous price for double room 600USD for what??? Don ´t waste your money for Club. Absoulutely doesn´t worth for it. Probably poorest Club which I´ve seen... Problems with first room and moving..but finally solved fine.

Good location, pleasant staff

• King or Queen Bed with River View

Concierge was a tad disappointing, seemed to be salespersons rather than having extensive enough local knowledge and was unable to help on a couple of simple issues, such as breakfast outside the hotel for example.

Room was big and comfy bed, view of the river was brilliant to. Tour buses pull up right outside the hotel for hop on-off tours for all round the city, I found it an excellent way to get around and back to the hotel. Bar staff and reception staff all very helpful,

Staff made neither good or bad impressions, but that says enough. Staff should always make good impressions. Air conditioning unit was dirty and dusty. Bathroom was tiny. Coffee machine was awful.

Good location - we had a fine view of a flat roof. We only stayed for one night which was enough.

• King or Queen Bed with River View

The parking price was absurd. $42 to self park and $58 to valet. Rediculous for valet price and then additional for tipping.

The bed was nice and comfortable and the hotel was lovely. The hotel location was good and the taxis were just at the corner and easy to get to.

• King or Queen Bed with River View

Little shop/ cafe in the lobby was quite expensive.

Rooms a great size. We shared with another couple and the hotel where able to organise adjoining rooms. The hotel is right next to all the shops, transport and restaurants you’ll need. Staff where amazing!

WiFi is chargeable at $9.95 per day. Seems a little unusual for a 4* hotel.

Hotel is great and so are the facilities. Hotel is in a great location connected to the Prudential Center. Everywhere is really accessible. Great selection of bars and restaurants all the way into town.

poor advice from the concierge on where to eat breakfast slow internet room smelled long line to check in/out

great location big room overall as expected of a sheraton

We stayed in room 232 there was a lot of noise from the room next door maybe this was because it had an adjoining door for a family stay.

The rooms were spotless.The location is excellent and very central.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Guests have to pay for internet use.

Great location. The hotel is attached to the Prudential Mall and Prudential subway station. It was very convenient. The staff was helpful, friendly, and courteous. The room was clean and spacious.

I was kind of expecting to see the pool with no roof and swimming at night under the skyscrapers like the photos on the website showed. However the roof was covered over. Obviously they did this because they were expecting bad weather, but still.. the weather was perfect and I was disappointed as it was one of the only reasons I treated myself to staying there. Also I think the photos make it look more new and polished than perhaps how it is in reality. But overall it is really a good hotel that has all the things you would expect.

I thought the gym and pool facilities were very good. I thought the location was good also.

• Queen Room

There is no hotel parking. There is a parking garage underneath the hotel but it cost $42 to park overnight which I think is outrageous. I think there should be free or at least discounted parking for those who are staying at the hotel.

The room was clean, the staff was pleasant, and the check in/out process was quick and easy. The location of the hotel was great. It is attached to a building full of shops and restaurants that made our stay that much better.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wifi is not free. And the look/decor of the hotel is very old.

Very good location, close to the T station. Very comfortable beds. Big rooms. Good value for the price.

• King or Queen Bed with River View

The lobby was like the grand central station of hotels. Every time I turned the water on, I could hear a loud clanging...same as the room next to us. Walls were pretty thin as well. Bathroom wasn't as clean as I had expected. Parking for 2 days was crazy...maybe that's to be expected in a city though.

The view was pretty nice, even though the room said "river view" and I could only see a tiny piece of the river. The staff was friendly. Close to many restaurants, within walking distance.

View was horrible. Reservation was for king room but they were somehow sold out when we arrived. "Upgraded" to deluxe king room that was right next to elevator--we heard the elevator all night long.

Location was great. We were able to walk to Fenway Park and there were several great restaurants and bars nearby that we enjoyed.

• Queen Room

Housekeeping failed to place washcloths in our room. I had a plane to catch and didn't have time to call and have them brought up to the room. I expected more from the Sheration. The view from our room was the wall of the building to the hotel. Nothing to write home about.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our room wasn't ready when we arrived at 3:15 pm but at least they gave us a free drink (but the bar only opens at 4). You have to pay for Wifi... The pillows offer no support but the bed was very comfy.

Perfect location, next to many restaurants and attractions :) Nice staff at the reception and the restaurant.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Dated furnishing and decor.

Great location attached to Prudential mall in the heart of Boston but somewhat pricey for older and less updated furnishing. Great room service but quality of food was standard.

• King or Queen Bed with River View

The room is old fashioned and bathroom is very small. Staff is not nice and stick to the hotel rules with no capacity to decide. Considering value for money is definitely a rip-off...

Location is good

• Club Executive Suite

Despite not being very loud we received a few complaints about noise. More likely our neighbors fault than the hotels.

The rooms are always very nice and so are the staff. The view from the club floors is incredible.

Our room needed some cosmetic upkeep- ceiling was stained and there was often a loud banging from the pipes. Charging $58 for daily parking is insane. My husband is handicapped so we had no choice but that price is insane.

Well located, rooms are nicely appointed.

The bellhops were rude and lazy. We had an early evening flight, so we needed to have our bags held for a few hours after we checked out. The bellhops lacked professionalism - they had a bit of an attitude and instead of helping load all of our suitcases, they just pointed at trolley for us to load our things ourselves. It was odd given that the rest of the hotel's service was wonderful.

The front desk and room services staff were incredible. We booked through Booking.com and the shift manager at Booking.com forgot to send the confirmation over to the Sheraton (why reservation bookings aren't automated is beyond me), so we were stranded for about an hour at midnight after landing from our flight, trying to sort out why our reservation wasn't showing up in the Sheraton system. The front desk did everything they could to try to help sort it out for us and even upgraded our room after they figured out what the problem was (even though it wasn't even their error!). One of the nights we were staying there had a family staying next door with a screaming child. After a few calls to security at 3am, the front desk happily sent up keys to a different room on the same floor so that we could get a proper night's rest. They were very accommodating and we felt taken care of by the staff.

• King or Queen Bed with River View

The room with river view was really bad too small and in bad floor, too old it was shocked for me because it not first time stayed in hotel I love it but this time was the worst 😏

I had a wonderful stay at the hotel: perfect location, elegant and cosy room, comfortable bed and delicate linens, lovely bathroom and everything extremely clean. But what tops up the experience is the fabulous service at the hotel! I got offered an early check-in (my check-in was scheduled for 3 p.m.), which was great, because I could refresh before going to a meeting at 6 a.m. I got though a room, which was still occupied, I was quite startled when I got in!. After an apology at the reception desk, got another room, this one facing a construction site. I was becoming a little tired of the situation and shared it with the another member of the staff at the reception. Despite the busy period, the gentalman at the reception desk quickly found an awesome room for me at a higher floor and facing the river, which made my morning! and certainly defended the professional image of the hotel and the Sheraton chain. Thank you!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was amazing and the hotel was beautiful. I am orginally from Boston and would defintely stay here for the location and the hotel was everything and more.

Rooms are very dated and quite small, especially bathrooms. The latter are in poor condition, the bathtubs were damaged in both rooms I stayed in. The whole thing looks like something out of an 80s interior design catalogue. Quite noisy as well, the walls are thin.

WIFi is free, location is good. The downstairs marketplace is good for picking up a late night snack or a drink. Not much else to be honest.

• Club King Room

I splurged and booked a Club Level room---it was the best decision I made. Despite the weather (Boston marathon 2018...), my wife never complained because we had 24hr access to water, soft drinks, and snacks. Full breakfast and evening "snack" (heavy hors d'oeuvres) were delicious. Along with the views from the top of the building.

• One Bedroom Suite

Having a problem with my bill now that I’m home and not in Boston. Had told hotel I was paying cash due to a problem with my card on check in and wanted to pa on check in but this wasn’t allowed, and yet they still charged my card. Took a while at checkout to get this sorted as I had taken the money out of the bank before I left which empty my account and still they charged my card, and put me over my limit. Got this sorted eventually and got bill reversed but now I see a charge on my bredit card again for $57.37. Hopefully this should be sorted soon. We stayed in a suite and my girls did find the pullout bed a bit springy, we didn’t complain at time but used an extra duvet under them while they slept.

The hotel is very central. AMY the concierge was excellent so helpful and friendly, she was one of the best concierge we ever met.

Bathrooms are clean but out of date amenities. Rooms aren't very modern either although they are both modern enough for the affordable facilities in such a convenient location

Surprisingly diverse services in the lobby despite being right in Boston

I discovered two long, curly black body hairs on the floor in my bathroom (definitely not mine, I’m blonde). The maid had also left the previous guest’s dirty soap in the shower. Absolutely nasty. I was only in Boston for a couple nights and absolutely swamped, but if I’d had the time I would have complain several go the manager. Absolutely unacceptable.

Good location.

I found hair in the shower. I think the place can ne a bit cleaner in the room bathrooms.

I didn't have breakfast so I would not know if the eggs were fluffy That would be nice if breakfast was included I didn't get the memo. I think MA residence should get a discount as well.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

BUSTLING, this place is big and as a meeting/convention hotel is busy pretty much all day and night. The staff is good, gracious and efficient but this is not a cozy, intimate place to unwind.

Great location, easy access to the T (green line) right around the corner. Attached to the mall, beautiful pool, good food options nearby and the bed is extremely comfortable.

• King or Queen Bed with River View

The bathroom is very small. The room could use more thorough cleaning, ex. hair on the couch, bath tub, etc.

The room was spacious and had a wonderful view.

• King or Queen Bed with River View

The hotel looks old, the bedrooms very small and except for a huge TV that didn't worked, Sheraton really needs to modernize...

The location and the Staff that were extremely professional and helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The valet wasn't there when we got there. had no idea where to go. 5 people ahead of me to check in. Room had a dirty bag left in it half under the bed. Game 5 of the Bruins and the Celtics and TV didn't work!!! I called down and was told someone would be right up. We were in the room for over an hour and no one showed up or called. Form letter was stuck under the door when we got home about 10 hours later and the TV still didn't work!!!

The staff at the front desk was friendly and helpful

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very nice fairly upscale hotel with restarant, lounge, marketplace for quick Starbucks, bottled beverages, etc. excellent location attached to Prudential Center mall & convention center near multi restaurants, bars, music venues, Berkelee & Boston Conservatory

• Club King Room

We had booked our 2 night stay at Boston Sheraton 10 months ahead, so let's say it didn't get off to a good start when we arrived at the Boston airport to find an email alerting us to the fact they "couldn't accommodate us" for that night. Instead they had found us a room at the Four Points by Sheraton... over an hour away, in Wakefield.

Since our transport had already been arranged to the Boston Sheraton, we had no choice but to head there despite the fact our (confirmed) booking had somehow been messed up. This is where our bad experience with the hotel was turned on its head. The staff member assigned to fix our mess could not do enough to look after us. Not only this hotel but the entire city was booked to capacity with conferences and huge NBA and NHL games, so the Wakefield hotel they arranged for us was our only option. To say they made up for the inconvenience would be an understatement. Honestly, what we experienced in our various interactions with the staff at Boston Sheraton was nothing short of customer service perfection. And the room, the hotel location, the food - we would definitely stay there again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It felt like stepping into the 1970s. Decor was extremely dated. Dark green/ brown carpet! The lobby felt far too big and impersonal. Like a factory.

• Deluxe Double Room

Our room back wall directly adjoined the elevator shafts. Every time any of the four elevators was used it would rumble and clank in our room. All day and all night !

- Bathroom. - High price. - High sound from the other rooms (doors closing sound).

- Location (access to shopping mall). - Good A/C, polite staff (all of them). - Big room size (31 m^2). - Good swimming pool, gym. - Good coffee machine.

• Deluxe Double Room

Room facilities are old and need updating, especially the power sockets. Unfortunately my friend was electrocuted. The Duty manager was exceptionally rude. In the cold hot water takes a while to come through.

Location of hotel us very central. Walking distance to Fenway Park, Boston Common, Newbury Street, restaurants and the hotel backs into the main Prudential Mall with great shopping.

• Club Executive Suite

Nothing, everything was perfect.

Nice location, when we arrived our room wasn't ready but they gave us a better room that what we booked. It was a nice surprise for us. We had club lounge access. It was very nice. Very comfortable bed and I liked everything. Definitely would come back to Boston and book this hotel. We will recommend to our family and friends.

• Club Executive Suite

When we arrived at the hotel the room type we had booked through booking.com had apparently been oversold and was not available. We were supposed to have an executive club level suite (king bed plus sofa bed), and we were instead provided a standard room and comped breakfast in the restaurant. The room we then received reeked of cigar smoke, so we returned to the front desk and were subsequently provided a junior suite. All of this took about an hour, after which time the restaurants had closed. We were not happy, needless to say. I would never go back to this hotel based on this experience.

The service staff (room service and restaurant) were great.

• Deluxe Double Room

Parking is expensive $58 per night with valet.

I was initially overwhelmed at the size of the hotel, but we ended up staying 5 nights and were not bothered at all by its size, even though there was a conference going on. The heat was good, the bed was extra comfy, water pressure was fine, and the room was extra quiet. Its location, connected to the Prudential, meant we didn't have to go out into the cold to be entertained.

• Deluxe Double Room

I have no complaints. The hotel has not been recently updated, but everything was clean, well maintained, and tasteful.

The bed was very comfortable. We all slept very well. The staff were all very friendly and polite. Needs were met quickly. On site Starbucks was a plus. Our room type was overbooked due to a convention, but they gave us an upgrade to a corner suite on a high floor with great views. The room was comfortable. My husband loved the large TV in the room. A great location in the mall, which was great on a rainy day, with great places to eat in walking distance. We didn't use the pool, as we didn't bring suits, but saw many happy children returning from it.

• King or Queen Bed with River View

Small room especially bathroom. Elevator wait time was too long! Busy convention weekend and especially Sunday morning check out was frustrating

Bed was extremely comfortable! Clean room! Housekeeping was friendly!

• King or Queen Bed with River View

Didn't like the coffee machine the instructions for which were very unclear, and I almost flooded the window sill. I cleared it up but the chamber maid took the jug away, so no coffee making facilities at all on day two. Please could we have good old fashioned electric water jugs instead?

Very comfortable room with fabulous view of the river. Very helpful housekeeping and chamber maids. Easy check out via the room's TV. Excellent and convenient buffet breakfast.

• King or Queen Bed with River View

Appalling breakfast, tea served in plastic cups...bearing in mind room price it is difficult to understand. For some unknown reason I could not pay for the stay using my debit card.

Gym was good and a really nice view from the room over Charles River, though I am not sure whether all rooms have the same view as I stayed on the 28th floor.

During checking in we were given a room that was already occupied and had to go back down to the front desk. They gave us a small room credit and free WiFi but I still was frustrated with the confusion.

• King or Queen Bed with River View

The bathroom was tiny considering hoow big of a room we had. Everyone you opened the door it would slam into the bathhtub.

Great views, friendly staff and it's connected to the Prudential center.

Pipes in bathroom of room 663 continuously banging throughout the night. Very annoying.

The location attached to two malls, etc. as well as in the heart of many amazing things to do and see!

• King or Queen Bed with River View

We asked for extra towels and bottled water - never received. Listened to the water pipes and the elevator the entire time. Wasn’t able to get much rest. The towels and linens were scratchy. My skin is reddened from a rash from the over used bleaching process. Very little water pressure which added time to rinse off.

The restaurant food was good

There were room service dishes with food left outside of several rooms on our floor for an extended period of time (overnight). The check in line for our room took a long time. Perhaps more check in staff at peak periods ?

Location was great and being connected to the Prudential center with all of the indoor shops, was a plus. The hotel room upgrade was a pleasant surprise.

The price for meals at the hotel was costly, but typical for Boston establishments.

This hotel was a life saver as my flight was cancelled and I was storm stranded. Rather than holding to the high cost for hotel stays in the Boston area in anticipation of the predicted storm, Sheraton actually offered a lower price on Booking.com. I'm sure I am not the only stranded traveler who was grateful to have rooms available at this hotel during the Nor'easter that hit Boston.

• Club King Room

Fruit flies were throughout our bathroom. The club lounge had them and we were directly across the hall from the lounge and they came into our room. We addressed this with staff and they gave us reward points instead of giving us a discount. In the morning the cart that brought breakfast to the lounge would wake us up between 6 am and 6:15 am everyday and we were there for my birthday trip so we didn't get to sleep in as we had planned. The toilet seat bolt was broken so it moved when someone was sitting on it. The bathroom was too small.

Almost everything. Location, comfortable beds, club floor with access, express elevators, friendliness of staff, room size.

there was fire alarm siren two times at early morning around 8 am, turned out it wasn't fire but some leak in the hotel system. Anyway, hotel workers did not contact us on 20+ floor , and we didn't know what to do.. to run away using stairs from 20+ floor?, in our pijamas or we have time to grab our belongings. We had to call to reception to find out. All elevators were automatically closed right away. After we called to reception, in 10 minutes fire alarm went on again... and again nobody reassured us that it is due to leak in the system that there is no danger! They could use same system to explain to everybody that there is no danger!!!!!

Needed to be updated compared to my Sheraton experiences, (hallways). Please save your money on room service, mediocre at best. nothing is as described on menu.

the view, and staff

Check in with using hotels.com, large crowds of teenagers taking over pool and common areas, loud. This was a Valentine’s Day celebration and was not as expected (held up at check in for over an hour). Double billed. Very disappointing I’m a college student that really hurt having to be double charged. We were unable to go out to do things because we tied up our funds for the hotel fees

when I arrived they could not find my reservation; I had booked a room with breakfast included; they charged the breakfasts and the room twice; they told me that within two days I would be reimbursed; I am still waiting; completely negative evaluation.

The hotel is an older hotel and it shows-it is very dated. The bathroom in my room was tiny. Had been looking forward to relaxing in a bath but the bath looked so small and grotty I didn’t use it.

Room was a good size.

I didn’t really like the parking situation. It was way too busy and crowded.

That hotel was amazingly beautiful and upscale. The staff were very friendly and polite! The room was very spacious and clean!

Staff took nearly an hour and a half to check us in and another half an hour to check us out. Not impressed with them. Venue and location were great though

Great location, comfortable hotel, good facilities

I stayed in room 1818. Upon entering the room one of the pillows was at the end of the bed without a pillowcase (huh?). The room was incredibly tiny with a queen bed, though they told me this was an upgrade from my king-bed room (huh?). Upon further inspection the lamp had a huge stain on it, which made me question the cleanliness of the rest of the room... the shower drain was clogged, and the vent above the shower had mold buildup. I called down when trying to get connected to wifi to clarify why it said there would be a $10/day charge- the receptionist responded by telling me to ignore it, since wifi is included for hotel guests, then at checkout they tried to make me pay for the wifi and said that it was not included in the room rate. After some arguing, they agreed to wipe the charge.

Very friendly concierge, great location for tourism

• Deluxe Double Room

Wish there was free WiFi or that it was mentioned on the website that it wasn't free when booking.

Check-in and check-out was easy and the location was great!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was a Harvard conference for high school students and they were very loud most of the night. I did not appreciate the volume of noise late into the night. I believe that this was a large group and perhaps they should be housed together on a block of rooms so as not to ruin the sleep of paying guests? I am sure that there rooms were paid for too but it is unlikely that they high schoolers paid for their own rooms.

The bed was amazing. Rooms were a little small but it worked. I loved the fact that an early check in was fine!

The check-in line was very long and slow. There was room service food left out in the hall from several rooms on our floor for an extended period of time.

Great location for Boston’s many attractions. The inside attached Prudential mall is a plus. We received an unexpected upgrade for our room. The staff was very polite.

- Wifi is not free; - no bathrobe & flip flops in the room, so that you could properly enjoy the pool

- the stuff is really nice, fast room-service, clean room, late checkout;

The bed was really comfy! There was a lot going on, lots of groups of young people collaborating on various conventions which gave the place a real buzz!

Discolored or dirty or moldy bedding. No mirror in the room. Phone staff was inconsiderate and impatient. We discovered the bedding in the morning after sheets were dischevled. They were brown and down fill looked moldy.

Price, until we did not receive the room we paid for. We paid in advance for a king. Received a Queen.

$5 delivery charge for room service, noise construction which started at 7am (building opposite, but why the room was on offer).

Luxury rooms, friendly staff, great location.

I liked everything. If the price were higher I wouldn't stay there simply because it seems like a fair value at this price.

Good value, great vacation. It's a simple place and the price makes it just right.

I couldn’t feel welcomed at the reception that much No business center to make copy or send fax ..

I liked their bed sheets Size of the room Location of course Connected with Prudential Center Valet parking service