Reviews of Sheraton Charlotte Hotel 4 stars

555 South McDowell Street, South Tower, Charlotte, NC 28204, USA

#62 of 138 hotels in Charlotte

The only thing it was the outside pool was closed for reparations, but they have the indoor pool available.

I liked all. Since I arrived the personnel makes me feel great.

• Standard King Room

The price for breakfast$22 a glass of orange juice$5 / guest parking fees $20 and no refrigerator in rooms. They say you get what you pay for; so the price we paid for 1 night should definately not of cost such high additional fees!

The bars and the location in walking distance of downtown.

• Standard King Room

The toilet made noises every 10 minutes and the shower was super sensitive. (Hard to find the right temperature without it being very cold or boiling hot) Also, it sucks that they charge you for parking.

The room was perfect for two. Bed was super comfortable and the view was pretty nice. Location was pretty nice. 15 to 20 minute walk to uptown or a 4 minute drive.

• Standard King Room

The view from the room wasn't the greatest, $20-$30 parking a day was a bummer, indoor pool chlorine was too strong, other than that no complaints.

Staff was very friendly and clean environment. Bar and restaurants were a plus.

• Standard King Room

Receptionist on check in looked like he was notinterested in checking in Did not provide any information Had to ask for all the things Acted as though we were bothering him Just wanted to know about parking, Internet,morning breakfast and thigs in hotel

N/a

Excellent staff! When we checked in I was asked the purpose of our stay. I mentioned coming for my daughter's birthday. When we came back that night she had balloons, a card, and dessert waiting for her. They went above and beyond to make her feel extra special!

Had to pay to park my own vehicle in their parking lot. Hot tub was not in service. Was not told that the free breakfast was on the 14th floor and was seated in the regular dining room. Then was told since I booked with Booking.com my room was not able to get the complimentary breakfast.

Nothing. Very disappointed in my whole experience.

The bathroom sink wouldn't drain easily.

The check in process was quick. The room was super clean (amazing view of the Charlotte skyline). The beds were super comfortable.

• Standard King Room

I didn’t like the fact that they said I would have parking in my reservation then when I got there I was informed parking is $20.

Love the roof top bar area

• Club King Room

Chemical swimmingpool - coffee Maschine in room broken .. 45 minutes for check in and 45 minutes for check out.. bill was made wrong and my company name missing.. breakfast buffet is not a buffet and the chefs evedently loves bear naise sauce!!

not much

The fact that I reserved a double bed for me and my coworker and when I get to the hotel they tell me they basically gave my room away !! So me and my coworker had to share the same bed after being on the road for 7 hours and I asked to speak with management and he was very rude!!

Bed was comfortable

• Standard King Room

I am not a picky person, but I had two small issues with my room. The first was thing that I didn't like was that my view was not very great. My view was basically the exterior wall of the adjoining Le Méridien. That was a superficial concern, but I did have issues with the power outlets in my room. I was in room 204 and a few of the outlets did not work for me although there were several to choose from and wasn't a major concern for me.

The room exceeded my expectations, which were based on the reviews from others. I did not have very high expectations before check because I had read several reviews detailing problems with cleanliness and issues with hot water. I was more than happy with everything included in the room. I personally did not have any issues with a lack of hot water. I took a very lengthy shower upon my arrival and the next morning and I had very hot water the entire duration of my shower. The room itself was very nice. I received complimentary water for myself and my guest as well as a pen. The bed was my favorite part of the room. I needed a great night of sleep due to the length of my travels and I was not disappointed. Overall the room was great and I will definitely stay at the Sheraton if and when I travel through Charlotte!!

• Standard King Room

The wedding directly beside our room that had super loud music until 10pm. Would have liked to have been on the other side of the hotel maybe. And we didn't have a fridge in the room but spent a lot of money to stay there.

Dirty.Dont even ask.See the pics...those are toe nail clippings on the floor, the q-tip is grime from between the buttons on the remote, dusty and the tub didn't drain properly. Just say No.

Bed was comfy.

• Standard King Room

Dirty room , bathroom, lift (dust/ hair/fingerporints everywhere). Cappuccino not included in the breakfast

Kindness of emplyees, position of the hotel, free WIFI

• Standard King Room

Restaurant management at breakfast was not good with several items running out and prompts needed to replenish. Location was a considerable distance from downtown and a car was required.

Breakfast food was reasonable but dinner menu was limited. The restaurant in the adjoining Meridien produced some outstanding dishes at reasonable prices. Some of the best food we tasted in the USA.

• Standard King Room

Wish we could have stayed longer.

Location was great. Bar downstairs has good food and drinks. The burgers were awesome. Wings were good too. Valet was extremely nice and helpful.

Bathtub/shower. Most people don't take hotel baths unless it is a luxury tub. Recommend replacing with walk in shower with glass door. The plastic crap is irritating.

Abby, the breakfast host was great. Very friendly and accommodating.

The bathroom was a tad small and there was no fridge in room.

The location was great. The size of the room was perfect. Everyone we passed or needed to speak with that was staff were very polite and helpful. Good food.

Love this hotel! The rooftop bar has the best view and they are so accommodating. They are in a great location as well! I stay here every time I'm in Charlotte.

The water in the shower only got really hot or really cold, there was no in between. I wanted to let the staff know but I was there for such a short period of time that I just chose to deal with it.

The staff was friendly and helpful, and the fitness center was huge. The view from my room was also excellent!

The room was designed nicely, however there was hair in the shower, the bed and furniture had dust on them. In addition the wall paper is some areas was pulling away from the wall and the Wall clock had no hands to tell the time with. Also, the cost of food and beverage was unreasonable. $13 for a PB&J sandwich (what?). The walls are very thin and you could hear the guest in the adjoining room as if they had walked into your front door. Final straw was when the cleaning staff came down the hall at 8:45am knocking on the doors on a Sunday morning asking if we had left or was about to leave? I called downstairs and verified that checkout was at noon. The cleaning crew went down the entire hall and knocked on every door yelling.

Great Staff to Greet and check us in

• Club Double Room

Had a great stay made even better by being lucky enough to be the guest of the day!! William was very helpful and any staff member I interacted with was professional, helpful, and kind. Would love to stay here again! It's close to downtown; Uber rides to and from the hotel never exceeded $15. If you want to, you can even walk downtown. Gorgeous views and very gracious people- stay here if you can!

Room and service of room was terrible. They are nice on phone but results were zero. Called the guest service desk 15 Times.

Valet staff and men who greeted were nice.

1. The rooms were musty. 2 Was there for 3 nights and room did not get cleaned. 3. Parking is expensive. 4. Bathroom was not thoroughly cleaned upon arrival. 5. Constantly called guest services for towels and rags.

The lobby was nice but that was the only appealing area.

The guest who stayed next to our room was noisy until midnight.

They upgraded our room complimentary. It included free parking. The room was awesome.And staffs are all friendly and professional.

The hotel is in definite need of an update. The price of the rooms don’t reflect the value of the rooms. Bathrooms aren’t in great shape and in need of an overall facelift

Location is great and the staff was super friendly

There was no ceiling light, only lamps which was a bit inconvenient and there was only one bathrobe for two guests. Other than that the place was amazing!!

- The staff at the Sheraton in Charlotte are amazingly helpful and very polite. - The beds were extremely comfortable, which made for a relaxing night away. - The water pressure in the shower was great, which is always a huge plus. - Great view from the room

• Standard King Room

Drinks overpriced Staff could of been more helpful at front door assisting guests in the building by opening heavy glass doors etc. Thought it was rotten that guests had to pay for parking considering what we already spent for the room. For location felt the room rates were rather high.

Property was clean.

The rooms could be cleaner; the bathroom wasn't as nice as the room looks; as to being clean. I also hate that we had to pay for parking i wish this was included in the stay.

really nothing its very much so over rated. i could have got better value for my money at some chain hotel.

Room was excellent, but the first room we were given the floors were soaking wet with air movers blowing everywhere. We went back to front desk and they immediately appolagized and found us another room

My son and I were bitten by bed bugs.. parking is $20 per day not included in hotel price..no refrigerator or microwave in the room.. there was no one running the Starbucks counter in the lobby

Starbucks located in lobby

Didn’t like to have to pay for parking.

Extremely new cevand comfortable bed. The shower water pressure was AMAZING. Beautiful park just across the street. Staff super friendly and helpful.

I had to go to front office every time I wanted to leave or get in my key never worked Also I was charged an additional $53 for room service that me and my party did not order if the camera footage is checked and you check with your staff to see if there was any plates or anything picked up you would see that there were none in a room 904 and 903

The rooms were spacious location was great

The light switches were difficult to figure out and the charging station on my side of the nightstand did not work. Neither of the vending machines on floors 2 and 7 worked and I had to pay exorbitant prices in the lobby for water. Also shocked by the twenty dollar charge to self park, so I went ahead and paid $25 for valet, and they were wonderful.

The bed was amazing- the best I’ve ever slept in. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful.

Also, if you choose to hang out the card for “Go Green”...be aware that not only wil you not have clean linens and towels, but they do not clean your room or give you fresh coffee, shampoo etc. in addition, at one night the toilet was weird making this horrible sound every 20min, we hardly slept all night. In fairness, the general manager I complained to the next morning did offer us a free breakfast and was very helpful...but for the price, the place was definitely not worth it overall.

The main light in the room did not work..we called housekeeping, it was never fixed. The ceiling had what appears to be water rips and spotting in it. Also, our room, looked out over a rooftop...could not see anything...horrible view..I figured these were the rooms they give hotel.com booking. Not good.

Unattached floor to ceiling mirror a little scary.

Great bed! We planned an overnight stay and restaurant hopped the night before a Panther game. Sheraton allows you to maintain parking privileges throughout the day even though we were checked out during the game. It was a nice walk to the stadium.

• Standard King Room

This was a great place to stay! My husband and I were treated very well! We were chosen as the customer of the day and received several special offers. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience!

• Standard King Room

Everything was awesome except the breakfast. DO NOT eat the egg white biscuit gravy unless you want to be burping for the next 8 hours...

Comfy bed and cleanliness.

Water was completely cold when I showered, I had to remove the icicle on my best piece after getting out... A hotel of this category should definitely not run out of hot water, not even on a Sunday morning at 10am... The light in the bathroom was broken on one side of the mirror, the main light switch did not function and a small piece of the wall paint came off above the key card reader.

Overall nice Hotel in good location. Very nice bar area with free pool table (even though the poles need to be maintained better), free fussball and other games. Decent pool area and comfortable rooms.

We never received our fridge and our food went bad.

Everyone was friendly and the beds were comfortable. The view was good as well, we enjoyed our stay.

Didn't like the idea of being charged $20 per night for parking. If one spends $170 a night for a room one doesn't expect to get hit with a parking fee on top of it! This wasn't New York City, L.A., Chicago, or Atlanta, it was Charlotte!

Room was well taken care of. Bathroom was very clean. Beds were very comfortable. Close to everything we wanted to go do. Would recommend this hotel!!

Had to change room as someone already in first room. Bathroom door in second room wouldn't close

Close to city centre, stadium etc. Great staff. Value breakfast

• Standard King Room

Very noisy. First night we were facing the delivery area and parking. Noises started at 6:30, after driving 13h from Florida due to hurricane evacuation we arrived at 1 am and just wanted some peace. Next day I asked for another room. It faced a calmer street but we heard everything the neighbor guest had to say, laughs, TV, opening and closing door... breakfast was nothing special and service was very average for a 4 star hotel. Ordered room service and food was ok.

Staff at front desk was very nice!! Bed very comfortable.

• Standard King Room

The outdoor pool was a little small (not suitable for proper swimming) and the windows in the bedroom did not open

I was "guest of the day" so got a free upgrade to a bigger room and benefits including free continental breakfast and parking. The staff were incredibly friendly and the hotel very comfortable and cozy.

No microwave or fridge, small bathroom.. being woke up at 9am by the maid staff and not having a late check out because the hotel wouldn't offer it..

The bed was awesome and comfortable.. location was ok.. the roof top bar was great.. excellent view of the center city..

• Standard King Room

The bed was not that great and the pillows were too big. The shower was piping hot and the knobs were finicky. You had to pay 20 dollars per day to park which I though was a rip off. I don't understand a hotel that doesn't provide free parking.

Staff was unbelievably accommodating and the location was great and right downtown. Everyone was very friendly and it seemed like there was a lot to offer with the bar downstairs and the rooftop bar. Lots of fun.

• Standard King Room

I didn't have any complaints. It was a very lovely stay.

The hotel was newly renovated and has a lot of great amenities. The rooftop bar is amazing. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The location was perfect; you can walk to shops and it is pretty close to uptown. We also could easily Uber and Lyft to North Davidson. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I will be staying there again next time we visit Charlotte!

The hotel needs a lot of upgrading. The decor downstairs was beautiful. The rooms need a lot of work.

I really enjoyed the physical location of the hotel. Several adventures were in walking distance.

• Standard King Room

Shower curtain had a musty smell. We booked a king size bed with reservation but arrived and received double beds.

Hotel / room were both nice and clean. Service was great. Parking was ok.

• Club Double Room

Hotel informed us before booking that there would be a shuttle bus available to take us to the PGA Golf Championship, which is why we booked hotel, but it was not true. We were compelled to pay for Uber cars and hotel declined to reimburse us.

Room never got below 74 degrees, tried calling front desk multiple times and never got an answer.

The view was nice and hotel isn't terrible overall, could be better.

I didn't like the fact you had to pay for parking. Parking should be free or a little less expensive for guests.

The staff was friendly that I came in contact with. Location of hotel was convenient for my guest and I. Room was clean, but also seemed as if the air conditioner didn't get as cold as it showed in the room.

• Standard King Room

We had the good fortune of being 1 of 5 guests of the day which was awarded several great perks, ie. free valet parking, evening appetizers and breakfast the next morning. I would think this unusual for booking third party! Nonetheless, this was our case and Kimberly at check-in was extremely nice and helpful with accommodating needs and desires we didn't even know to have. In addition valet and bell men stood out in their interactions with us as well; great experience! Oh, I would be remissed in not mentioning we were provided a king room on the tenth floor with a spectacular view of Charlotte's skyline; just beautiful.

I don't have anything to say negative about my stay !!

The customer service was 5stars and the hotel was very convenient an beautiful!! I was chosen as the guess of the day where my room was upgraded an I was giving access to the lounge area. Free breakfast an snacks i really enjoyed my stay !!

We reserved a deluxe king and they over booked so we got downgraded to a reg king but with access to a lounge we had no interest in. Expensive for a room that doesn't have a microwave, iron, or mini fridge. AC unit was loud and squeaky. Extra small bathroom. We could have gotten the same quality elsewhere for like $80 opposed to almost $140. Only one robe in the room. None of the staff even offered to help with our bags. I will not stay here again and i definitely will not recommend it to anyone.

It was pretty, they have Starbucks coffee in room but the coffee pot is super slow.

The bed sheets were dirty. The outdoor pool was unavailable and the indoor pool closed so early that I didn't get a chance to use it, which was disappointing.

The room was very comfortable. The rooftop bar was a great place to relax. The staff were very friendly.

got there -there was a convention going on--coulnt find a dolly---had to make 2 trips to the car---I asked for a room with a great view and the highest floor-----wrong---3 floor with a view of a ceiling next door---the room was not as large as advertised---I felt like I got put in a room that nobody wanted---I call it the last of the rejects---couldn't get the tv to come on===

the room was very clean

• Standard King Room

the loud guests, but that was not the hotel's fault.

The staff member at the front desk, Desiree, was a huge help in getting me a new room when the guests next door to my first room went ballistic in the middle of the night. She solved the problem efficiently and calmly and quickly, and was upbeat about it too! amazing.

• Standard King Room

Had to pay $20 to park. Breakfast was ridiculously expensive. $22 for a standard breakfast. Opted for room service - $5 room service fee, then they automatically added on a 24% tip which we didn't notice until later and we had tipped the girl $5 cash. So altogether one plate breakfast cost us $37.

Bed was very comfortable. Great bathroom- clean, good water pressure, etc

• Standard King Room

I didnt have any complaints.

The staff was super friendly and the room was very cozy and clean. I was was very surpised when I was one of the guest of the day, and my room was upgraded and my parking fee was waived. It was Awesome!!!!

The food at the restaurant was overpriced, and guests were very noisy during the night.

The staff was very helpful, and they made us feel welcome. They were always there to open the door for us, answer our questions and spend time talking to our kids. We also liked that the hotel is walking distance from so much without being in the middle of everything.

• Standard King Room

It was absolutely nothing about the Sheraton that I didn't like...yet booking.com..doesn't play fair...I had 4 friends that booked thru booking...after we all booked..booking sent me a link saying they have a referral program...smh!!!

The bed was superbly comfortable I had to check the labels of all the bedding to see where I can order it from....I will be staying again...

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

The outside swimingpool was cloosed !

This Sheraton hotel in Charlotte NC, was a super stay ! The breakfast was just Top of the line! Very tasty and fresh with super staff ! The staff overall at the hotel was propably the best I have met worldwide so far! Just superstaff !! Thank´s for your warm attitude !!! The skybar was also just stunning wit a skyline, maby better than Chicago or New York ? The scrapes was very tastefully and they was lighten-up in different colours, Very spectacular, this together with exelent design at the skybar with superstaff was a 10-points evening! Also the Nascar Museum walking distance from the hotel was stunning. Be there! it´s worth every single penny! Thomas Pettersson Sweden

• Standard King Room

Every time the air came on and off the ceiling would make a huge banging sound. I was charged $148 when booking.com said it was $131 with taxes, still waiting for the refund.

The free breakfast for being guest of the day was amazing. There was free chocolates on the bed when we got there. The view in the room was amazing. The king bed was so comfortable. Also loved that they upgraded our room for being guest of the day!

The parking was $20 EXTRA and valet would of been $25. I've never been to a hotel who doesn't include parking.

Very clean. Beds were very soft and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

The staff were not the friendliest. We asked for extra pillows, and waited for over an hour and had to call down repeatedly and my husband finally went down and had to wait in a line for over 30 min (there was a prom or something going on) and he still wasn't able to get the pillows. I finally got a hold of someone 1.5 hours later (mind you this was around midnight now and I was 7 months pregnant and I just wanted a good night of sleep) then to find we were charged an extra 20.00 for the pillows. SERIOUSLY. The hotel also reeked of marijuana on almost every floor. The stay was definitely NOT worth how much we paid.

We loved how convenient the hotel was to everywhere we were going. The beds were comfortable and the room was pretty clean.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Standard King Room

Staff made false promises, embarrassed my partner at I during check in, and overcharged us for our stay. You also have to pay to park your car in their lot, which is ridiculous.

Clean.

• Standard King Room

I was over the pool area and the music started early until about 11pm so I couldn't relax it was way too loud/ noisy. My toilet ran all night with this horrible grinding sound

the room was clean and very nice

20 bucks a day parking

Food was great,you must try the wings. Pools very relaxing,and the social on the roof top. One word to explain awesome. There staff were amazing, very helpful, open doors, friendly, and always had a smile. Great location

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Put 2 robes and 2 slippers in each room

Order turkey sandwich f the late night menu was to die for .bed so cozy robe and slippers in heaven.very pleased will recommend to family,friends,an co workers

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

The indoor pool (the main reason we chose this location) was freezing cold, felt like the air conditioner was on in the indoor pool area and the hot tub was out of service.

Beautiful place. Pleasant staff. Waiter was accommodation to diet restrictions.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Standard King Room

Room was smaller than expected, especially the bathroom. Getting to the tub/shower required a trek over the toilet when the door was open.

Enjoyed the downtown access and beautiful lobby.

• Deluxe Double Room

Someone was moving things all night next to my room, paid $25 a night for parking services one of the workers was on his phone and walked off when we pulled up for a re-park. Then had to wait and found someone myself.

The Hotel staff was very nice.

Had to get new card key not once, but twice, because we kept getting locked in/locked out of the parking garage. No attendent was on duty either so it was a hassle to have to go all the way back to the front desk. The bathrooms are modern, but need cleaned better,

Outside pool area was very comfortable and cozy. It was modern and lovely. The lobby is gorgeous. Rooms are clean and 100% smoke free.

Browse Sheraton Charlotte Hotel traveller photo gallery