Reviews of Sheraton Grand Chicago 4 stars

301 East North Water Street, Streeterville, Chicago, IL 60611, USA

#93 of 146 hotels in Chicago

6.2

The location is absolutely great.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very high Parking rates, that are quite unacceptable.

The location is absolutely great. Navy Pier is less that 10 mins walk! The accomodation was very comfy and luxurious one. The room was very clean. I would absolutely recommend it!

GOOD CHOICE

The rooms need some upgrading (old curtains, furniture) and the bathroom has no fan.

Guest service, Concierge, Check in were very responsive and helpful; all employees were very service oriented. Excellent breakfast, location, good beds and pillows. You may ask for a refrigerator.

Quick trip but a nice room and view.
    • Deluxe Water View with Two Double Beds

Parking is expensive. $55 for 24hrs. Finding the lobby door to check in was not easy to get to.

When checking in we asked if we could change from a double bed to a King. We ended up upgrading to the top floor with water views and breakfast included. Upgrade price was decent.

Great location!
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms were clean and comfortable, staff was great. We did have a running joke about some glasses that sat outside our room the entire stay.

Great location! Easy access to transportation, shops, restaurants!

Chicago style stay.
    • Traditional King Room

I had a blast. They made my boyfriend birthday amazing. And chicago burger company had a great burger. Lets just say when we go back to chicago. We'll be staying there again.

Close to everything and good view of the river.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel hard to get to because of street traffic. I got lost

Staff extremely helpful, room very clean, bathroom was spacious. Restaurant and bar staff were a pleasure to be around.

Wonderful staff and great view.
    • Deluxe Water View with Two Double Beds

There was miscommunication in the accounting department and they double charged us for the rooms. It took about two weeks after we got back home to fix the issues.

Wonderful staff and great view.

Like the stay, just a little bit confused about the location.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The location was a little confused for the Uber and Lyft drivers. There were about 5 drivers getting lost there and I had to show them the way. It's on the upper level, not lower level.

The staffs there were patient. They had trouble finding my reservation but they didn't show any dissatisfaction on their face. They have some snacks and water in the lobby sometime. The room was clean and big. Free wifi.

I would like my money back or another nights stay for the money I spent. Staff at bar prejudice
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The size of the room for the money I paid. Pool hours, cleanliness of the facility/ the floor I stayed on and the decor was so outdated in the bedroom

I liked the location of the property

Staff at check-in were awesome!
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was a leak in the shower head so water sprayed out of the tub while taking a shower. We did report it on check-out since we only stayed one night.

Staff at check-in were awesome! All staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful! Hotel was beautiful and great location. Will definitely stay there again!!

I love Chicago
    • King Room - Disability Access

The pool was disappointing. For the size and stature of the hotel the pool was a let down.

The location is superb. Within easy walking distance of Navy Pier, Millenium Park and the John Hancock

Breathtaking view from an average place
    • Club King Room

This is a mass production, a hotel without soul. The bored emplyees, the not clean common areas, the usual poor breakfast, nothing special, what is more rather under average. I find outrageous that you have to pay for wifi in your room. I think the prices are high enough to provide this service for the guests.

The view from our room was fantastic, superb, breathtaking...The location was very central.

Regretted so much that I stayed at Sheraton!
    • Deluxe Water View King

Forgot my watch in the room, I realized that 2 hours after I checked out, nu the housekeeper already removed the linens and stated that she didn’t see any watch. I am 100% sure that the watch was taken by the housekeeper! I am very disappointed!!!!!

River walk

I booked this room for my son & daughter in law.
    • Grand Deluxe King Room

I booked this room for my son & daughter in law. Selected Deluxe room to get Lake view + higher floor & Paid higher price for that and I was happy with my selection & price. But when my son checked in he was given lower level without lake view. That was disappointing. I called my son to find out everything is ok and I learnt what room they were given. I asked my daughter in law to go front desk and ask for higher floor and lake view. That was disappointing.

Location! Location! Location! Did I mention the location?!
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking is ridiculously outrageous, $137 for two nights. We checked in our first day and parked for just over an hour before heading out to dinner and we ended up with a $27 parking bill just for checking in. After we came back from dinner we parked the car and did not move the car again for two nights which was the only way to minimize our parking bill. Second day we were there, my girls wanted to use the pool and it was closed for the entire day with no explanation. Did not like the bathtub, water went down very slow. By the time I was done with my shower tub had filled almost half full of water.

We loved that it was right by the river and within walking distance to almost everything. With parking being so expensive, we loved that we were able to walk to have breakfast, lunch and dinner. We were also close enough to walk to the Navy Pier, Millinium Park and the Buckingham Fountain. Hotel was very nice and room was clean. My daughter and I used the gym facility which was open 24/7 so that was also a plus.

Amazing time.
    • Deluxe Water View with Two Double Beds

WiFi in room was not free. The bathroom tub was a little dirty.

Property close to navy pier and other great attractions within walking distance. Safe and clean environment.

Memorial day weekend
    • Deluxe Water View with Two Double Beds

I didn't like the price for parking at the hotel and that staff entered my room with a do not disturb sign on the door.

Very clean, comfortable and good service.

Steph was okay but honestly wish I spent money to stay somewhere else
    • Deluxe Water View King

No sheets on bed when checked in, Ice machine broken, towels super rough, parking expensive, walking is a nightmare, being on lower walker was annoying all drivers got lost, mini fridge so expensive, pool closed, no upfront convo about precharging our card for accidentals amount, no

That it was located on the river

Achieving my expectations. I will recommend it for sure!
    • Deluxe Water View with Two Double Beds

The indoor swimming pool, small, and too hot. It will be better outdoor swiming pool.

Is a very good option in Chicago downtown? we enjoy walking around. The views from the room are really great. The staff was really kind and helpful, for sure Anna, who took care of us in chek in reception.

Beautiful hotel, perfect location!
    • Traditional King Room

Prices for minibar , even for water - super expensive even for 5star. But apart from that, all was super!

Location is perfect! As well as the view from the room. It is just 15 minutes away walk to Millenium park. The room was huge, very comfy bed and all the amenities that you need. Nice design . I would recommend this hotel!

sooooo much fun
    • Traditional King Room

thought i was getting a riverwalk view. but over the lake was also nice. a bit of a wait to check-in when there were people walking behind the counter and weren't helping anyone

The view was amazing.
    • Deluxe Water View King

Our room did not have a mini fridge like we thought it did and when we first entered our room, our bathroom wasn't cleaned. The bathtub and the floor had muddy footprints all over.

The view was amazing.

Location was good.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Tried to bill us for something that we never used. We just moved some of the drinks in refrigerator to make room for baby food and while checking out replaced them back the way it was and we were charged $200 for it. We had to explain it and get it off our bill. Nothing was mentioned to us about the cost of parking. Looks like parking is outsourced and charges are ridiculous. I parked literally next door and was less than half the price. There was no microwave at the room. Had to call and request one, which they were nice to send one immediately. Coffee and creamer were not replaced next day.

Location was good.

overall we enjoyed the stay due to good location.
    • Superior King Room with City View

Carpet by the bathroom door was ripped and wet. there was a leak. Lack of fridge in the room. lack of exhaust fan in the bathroom. Valet parking was full. we had to self park and lug all our luggage to our room.

staff was very friendly,

Good location and good concierge. But I wouldn’t go back in high season. They are not ready for that
    • Deluxe Water View with Two Double Beds

The hotel was full. In the breakfast all the staff was in a such bad mood. I ask for coffee many times and never came. It was a great mess. Also we left our car in the hotel parking. It took us 1 hour for them to bring our car. We were with 2 small children and it was a total mess place to be and worse paying for it.

The best thing was the concierge. Marisa de Felice was the best thing in the hotel. She is wonderful, caring, thoughtful. I would go back because of her. She helped us so much. The location is wonderful too. Near the best attractions of Chicago.

Decent choice in a great location.
    • Deluxe Water View with Two Double Beds

My tub wouldn't drain, the parking situation is pretty horrible. Although most of chicago parking is difficult. The house keeping didn't replace my shampoo and body wash bottles that were empty.

Great location, and beautiful lobby. There's a cafe, starbucks, and gift shop inside. The price to value was decent however it wasn't a perfect place.

I enjoyed the hotel.
    • Deluxe Water View King

The room was very small. I would have liked a bigger room.

I really enjoyed my stay. The bed was clean and comfortable and that was the biggest seller for me.

We were highly disappointed at how difficult the streets are to get around.
    • Family Room

We thought the prices for water were ridicules and the food was to pricey for a simple breakfast for a family. We left there to find a cheaper place to eat.

The room was very nice and large and the extra roll away bed was great as it had a normal mattress on it. The staff there were really all just great and helpful from check in to check out, storing our luggage and caring for our car. We only used taxi service as streets are very difficult to get around and park close to things.

The sensors auto-charging for in-room snacks and drinks is a little much if you’re traveling w/ kids
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff is a little too eager to stop you from parking in front of the hotel to load/unload your items. They are concerned about people that do not belong but in the process alienate guests.

Had a great time in Chicago and definitely will be coming back to Sheraton Grand Chicago.

I'm easily pleased. Nothing stands out that I disliked

Location is everything and your hotel is in a great location. Walking distance from everything.

Location was great.

The thermostat in the room didn’t work. In order to cool it down, we had to call the front desk which sent up a maintenance man to fix it.

We had a room by the river side and the view was beautiful
    • Club Double Room

No cool or microwave in the rooms. Although there is a cooler but it’s already prepacked with drinks and stuff but those items were way overpriced

We had a room by the river side and the view was beautiful

Would stay somewhere else
    • Deluxe Water View with Two Double Beds

they charge you for everything. wifi in the room, receive packages, use the refrigerator space... it is that kind of expensive hotel that wants to charge for every little thing. So you don't feel welcomed

confortable bed, spacious room, great location

Our stay was great. We would book again!
    • Deluxe Water View King

We were on the 29th floor. The room needs some updating but it wasn't terrible. For the price people pay I would like to have the room flawless.

The lake view was amazing. Hotel location was perfect for Navigating through Chicago

I got my hair done at a salon nearby, and they did a...
    • Traditional King Room

View was okay, but you pay more for the good views. We were on the 14th floor, tho!

I got my hair done at a salon nearby, and they did a horrible job. I asked a dumb question at check in- do you have curling irons?- and they said yes! Abt 10 m later, someone from guest services brought me a curling iron, brand new in packaging, FREE OF CHARGE!!! Y’all saved my first date night with my husband in four years!!! Thank you, Sheraton Grand!!!

It was good.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pool looked dirty. Cloudy. Bottom of pool soft like the liner was coming up. One evening we were in the pool with several other people and there were no towels.

Location was good. People were nice and friendly. Rooms confortable

Great stay. 👍🏼
    • Traditional King Room

The bed could of been a little more comfortable, but the blanket and pillows were very comfortable. The sheets were rough too.

Cleanliness, friendly staff, view, location.

Because it truly lives up to its name, the Sheraton Grand, is my preferred hotel in Chicago.
    • Traditional King Room

Staff was most accommodating. Warmly greeted by doorman, bell-staff and front desk agents. Rooms were spacious, comfortable, well-appointed and spotless. Bed was very comfortable; linens and towels were soft and plush.

Overall it’s good, but
    • Traditional King Room

Check in was slow, and didn’t got me king room first, which I booked online, but gave me a room with 2 queens instead. Then I went down and ask then got me a right room without a good view.

Nice room and bed to stay. Fast check out.

Beautiful view, very helpful and friendly staff!
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Better communication for all the hidden fees. I just wish there was more of a heads up, didn’t mind spending the money, but knowing about the hidden fees of wi-if, parking, etc would have been helpful.

Beautiful view, very helpful and friendly staff!

Great location, poor amenities; Website needs to be updated to reflect what you receive with this ho
    • Family Room

The advertisement for this room stated we would have a microwave and refrigerator for use in room. Neither one of these were available to us, which caused quite a bit of inconvenience. Also, the "family suite" was not very family oriented. I would not recommend this hotel for this reason. We have stayed at other hotels in the area with more family atmosphere and will be unlikely to visit Sheridan for a family trip again

The location for our trip was good as we were centrally located to the areas we wanted to visit (Willis tower, hancock building, shopping, etc). We also enjoyed the restaurant (Shula's) although it can be a big expensive, it is worth it.

Great location, good fitness center and swimming pool.
    • Deluxe Water View with Two Double Beds

Great location, good fitness center and swimming pool. But house keeping staff might a little short handed due to overwhelming service request. Overall, it is a great place for touring and business meeting.

We would have been better served at a smaller boutique hotel.
    • Executive Suite with Lake View

The 'green' cleaning option results in your room not being serviced at all, no replenishing of coffee station, no toilet roll replenishing and customer service did not respond to a call or sms for more supplies. Our breakfast venue had no record of our room rate including breakfast which resulted in us having to hang around while they contacted customer services. This, in spite of my having checked and being directed to this venue by customer services earlier.The restaurant stAff were, however, the friendliest od all staff.

Our suite was comfortable with a great view.

Except for the location worst stay ever .
    • Superior King Room with City View

Ac didn’t work, even basic things water were not provided. If everything was chargeable I would have stayed at a bed and breakfast . We were told Wifi was available atleast in public places even that was not the case

Very nice if you're flush with cash.
    • Superior King Room with City View

Parking fees are outrageous. Mini bar fees are crazy. I was also told my total was around 308 when i booked my room but was charged almost 400 at the front desk. We were given a 80 dollar credit for having to wait so long but being given a credit after being over charged seemed crazy.

Good location in downtown and the property itself is extremely nice.

Great view, awesome staff.... not the cleanest
    • Executive Suite with Lake View

There were crumbs on the floor of our room, as well as dirty dishes in the hallway outside of our room. We called to complain about them and they said they would send somebody right away to remove them but were still there two hours later. There was also a half drank bottle of wine in the mini fridge that we probably would have got charged for if we hadn’t called down to let them know.

The staff were very welcoming and eager to help us with anything we needed or wanted. The bed was like a cloud and the view was amazing.

Pleasant...
    • Superior King Room with City View

Parking...staff was very helpful and quick but the charges are high given many guests travel by car and need a place to put that (at a reasonable cost given the hotel room cost is already steep).

Location - easy to get to other places from hotel.

3.5
    Shop around for a better value.
    • Superior King Room with City View

Room was not fully cleaned when we walked in — empty soda cans and no tissue. Over charges to my credit card took several calls to reverse. The hotel was over crowded with a large group that took over every common space, they were very boisterous. When we complained about the noise at night, we got an apology but we were offered nothing else. The bath tub/shower was extremely dated and had the look and feel of a quick and cheap update. Parking was insanely overpriced, as was the food in the hotel ($4 for a small bottle of water in the coffee shop???). We were insulted by the high prices charged to us as a “captive audience” —and we know high prices. We are from NYC. This hotel was comparably priced to others in the same area that might have been a better choice. Next visit, we will go elsewhere.

The beds were comfortable

I liked the location.
    • Superior King Room with City View

wifi for 15 usd a day is too much...it's the 21st century! Wifi should be offered for free.... fridge is automated... and it's full...there is no place to keep cheese and yogurt... so it's like you either use their bar or can't use the fridge at all...

I liked the location...it was right at the centre...close to everything... the view of the lake is something not to be missed... you can enjoy it from the breakfast room.. the breakfast is not too delicious...same options every day.. but Rene is someone you have to meet! he can make anyone smile with his humour and personality.

Fine hotel with a great location and excellent staff
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

room was excellent with a very comfortable bed and gorgeous view STAFF WERE VERY ACCOMODATING WITH THE RECEPTION STAFF BEING PARTICULARLY HELPFUL HAD BREAKFAST IN HOTEL BOTH MORNINGS AND WOULD RECOMMEND SAME- WHoLESOME FOOD AND GOOD VALUE

Disappointed
    • Deluxe Water View with Two Double Beds

Had to call for towels in the pool area everyday. On Saturday the pool water was extremely cold, families were going in the sauna to warm up.Locker room was full of dirty towels except for Saturday. The lady that cleaned on Sat did a good job.

The staff all went out of the way to make us feel welcomed...
    • Superior King Room with City View

There was not a hot tub for adults while the kids swam at the pool. Also, there was no wi-fi in the swimming area. A small fridge in the room would be have been nice.

The staff all went out of the way to make us feel welcomed and appreciated as a guest.

The location is not located right by michigan depending on the weather it would be inconvenient to w
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The food is very expensive. I paid 50.00 for a cheeseburger and a half of glass of reisling. The burger was just ok.

The staff is friendly and accommodating.

Rooms need to be inspected before new guest check in.
    • Superior King Room with City View

There was blood on our bed we called several times to the front desk and all 4 times they said someone was going to replace them which they never did we had to take them off and sleep without the sheets

Cheap room for a weekend

Great Chicago Weekend!
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The sheets had blood stains. So I would recommend checking them before night time.

I loved the location, the Saturday night deal I got for a suite last minute was awesome! The view on the water was great! I am staying here next time I am in town. Sign up for the rewards. Saved me a bunch too. Takes 2 seconds!

The Grand Sheraton turns into a family hotel on weekends and the value for money is good.
    • Deluxe Water View with Two Double Beds

First room assigned to us was right next to the elevator but then changed by a friendly reception staff. I had asked when booking of the room window would open whch was confimed by email. Also at check in the receptionist asked housekeeping to open the window but it did not happen. When calling the service number from the room another staff promised to look into the matter and call us back which never happened.

Beds and pillows were comfortable. River views were nice.

A wonderful stay!
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

For a family of four perhaps leave 2 bottles of shampoo and conditionER or maybe slightly bigger bottles.

Very clean! Very friendly and helpful staff. Nice options for dining.

The location was covenient because the conference I was...
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

I could hear everything that the person in the room next to me did - playing music, talking, shaving with an electric razor. It made it difficult to sleep because this person stayed up very late.

The location was covenient because the conference I was attending was in the same hotel. There is also a Whole Foods one block away where I could purchase meals.

This was one of the dirtiest hotels I have stayed in, and the staff at the reception desk were rude.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Reception staff we jerks and two of them lied to me about when my room would be ready and why it wasn't ready on time. They were actually quite insulting. Also, the room was absolutely filthy. There were cigarette butts on the floor by the bed and dirt/crumbs all over the floor in the bathroom.

Very little. I can say that the beds were comfortable and the shower had good water pressure.

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

One staff member had told my group that there was no dining option in the hotel for breakfast which was confusing being such a large hotel. The staff member told us our only option was the Starbucks and that we would have to leave the property to get food. My group decided to go down to the Starbucks and upon getting there saw a bistro right next to it serving breakfast. The restaurant ended up being overpriced for the quality of the food so my group just ate out during our stay. There is a stocked, weight sensing fridge so be weary about moving things around for your own food/drinks or you may be charged. So there really is no mini fridge in the room for your personal use.

The property is in a great location. My friends and I stayed here during St. Patrick's Day weekend and the property is right on the river. Really cool to have a view of the river in the warmth and away from the crowds. The rooms are a great size and the beds were very comfortable. The rooms very quiet considering it was at capacity the weekend we were there.

Pleasant weekend getaway
    • Club Double Room

Reception was fast and very pleasant, breakfast was great, the whole hotel was very clean and nice and the pool was actually WARM so we were able to swim! Highly recommend

Over all the stay was enjoyable nice view and friendly staff.👍
    • Traditional King Room

The room next to me had a dog that barked non stop which took away from my trip. I was there to get engaged and have romantic stay but sounded like I was at the fog pound👎 the pool was cold and no hot tub👎

The view was amazing and the beds we're very comfortable and clean👍

It was okay really wish I paid cash so I wasn’t overcharged for Bs.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn’t like that parking ticket kept locking us out had to keep seeing the person that fix the parking tickets and I used my debit card and I was over charged twice they took money to hold didn’t let me know about the extra charge and I was charged $130 for nothing still waiting on my money and I stayed over the weekend. Room was very cold and the staff could explain chargers better and checking out was confusing didn’t know what to do.

I liked the view.

Housekeeping crew took some clothing pieces from our room...
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Housekeeping crew took some clothing pieces from our room and never appeared again, coffeee machine dirty like they did not clean it for a year, water stuck on the tub... overall not the greatest experience at all.

Excellent stay! Would definitely consider staying here again for my next visit.
    • Traditional King Room

There really wasn’t much not to like. I have no complaints.

Perfect location within walking distance of many attractions. Loved the river view from our window and comfortable bed. Staff was friendly and informative

Breakfast was excellent.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

No free wi-fi. Parking is too expensive for guests.

Breakfast was excellent. Special thanks to Khalef. He's great. Our daughter loved the breakfast.

Location was awesome!
    • Grand Traditional King Room

Building seemed to be falling apart. Couldn't turn the heat up any more than 73. Try to pass it off as an expensive luxury hotel.

Location was awesome!

Not what I expected.
    • Superior King Room with City View

I didn’t get the room I wanted and reserved with days in advance. Instead they put me in a duplex without even telling me. Had to go back and complain.

It was a good stay.
    • Superior King Room with City View

I requested no down pillows and blankets. We received them on our beds. Wife had an reaction to it. Lucky she had medication for that.

Everything was good.

the hotel is very good, excellent I would say,
    • Superior King Room with City View

the view is great and everything clean, but you have to pay the Wifi, pay deposit of 100 dollars, breakfast is not included, we don’t have spoons in the room, the parking is very expensive, there are cheaper hotels that have breakfast included, free parking and free wifi, they have to improve that.

the hotel is very good, excellent I would say, But

They upgraded our room to the club status, great view.
    • Superior King Room with City View

Was told free WiFi... had to have it removed from my bill. Requested extra pillows and blankets ahead of time... no extra pillows. Wait staff in the club house kinda pushy/ bothersome. Room didn’t have a fridge and could use some updating. Still waiting for my receipt that was supposed to be emailed to me.

They upgraded our room to the club status, great view.

Clean, good location
    • Traditional King Room

Gym/pool facility very poorly set up. Kids, some barely able to walk, running on treadmills and climbing all over equipment in dripping wet bathing suits and bare feet. Very unsafe and frustrating to those who were actually trying to use the facility. Also no microwave or refrigerator in the room. However, maintenance did bring a microwave at our request.

Clean, good location

It's perfectly central, clean and the staff is very nice...
    • Traditional King Room

The "money-for-value"-ratio is really bad, a whiskey for 42, parking for 67 and it feels a bit of a rip-off...

It's perfectly central, clean and the staff is very nice and competent

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

None of the restaurants were open, except the steak house, even though the hotel guides claimed they would be. The pillows were very uncomfortable. WiFi/parking we’re not discounted for staying at the hotel.

Location was great. Rooms were clean. Staff was helpful when necessary. We were originally charge for WiFi even though no one connected to the WiFi. The staff was very quick to resolve this issue. The locker rooms/pool area were very well maintained and clean.

Would have been a good stay if you didn’t give my room away. Had to settle for a double bed.
    • Superior King Room with City View

The big building was blocking the fireworks view. I reserved for a king size and was stuck with a double bed. Didn’t get a discount for you guys giving my room away.

The party environment.