Reviews of Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica 4 stars

530 Pico Boulevard, Santa Monica, Los Angeles, CA 90405, USA

#118 of 352 hotels in Los Angeles

• Deluxe Room with City View

Price of Breakfast seemed a little steep but that seems to be the rule of thumb for most hotels we've stayed at. Room for improvement?

This is the first time I felt like the "resort fee" was something that was worth paying for. Free Parking, Free Valet service, Free transportation within a 2 mile radius, free use of bicycles for 4 hours, free wifi, complimentary drinks, and exceptional front desk, concierge valet, and room service. The rooms were clean and the staff did their best to try to remember your name. I have to say the valet service was great.

• Deluxe Room with City View

Room 420 hasma8ntenence issues ,loose mirror in the bathroom, defective towel rack,white paint needs touching up on the bottom of the door and bathroom trim. Torn wall covering. For the cost I expected better.

Location,Staff excellent

• Traditional Room

Location; Walk to the beach is by a busy and kind of run-down street. Value for money

Check-in was fast, room was large room and had free water, shower had good water pressure

• King or Double Room with Ocean View

There was free coffee all day in reception - however no the options (I am a the drinker...) And instead of the free 2 x specialty coffee voucher I think it would bring a better experience to have a coffee/the maker in the room instead...

The general attention to the customer was very high - everyone was on their toes at all time to make our stay the best possible! Hotel was towards back of the city which was okay location - good value to money...

• Traditional Room

Swimming pool is small considering the number of guests the hotel accommodates. The sun deck gets quite crowded in the afternoon. There was no coffee maker in the room, but free coffee is available in reception. Even though we had a room on the Preferred Guest level, the bathroom was a little small. Our room had a balcony, but this was only large enough for one person to sit.

Very welcoming hotel where you are greeted with a glass of bubbly upon registration. The staff are incredibly helpful and could not do enough for us. The room was beautifully clean and well laid out. Make sure you take advantage of the free shuttle service (tips are good Karma) which will take you to anywhere within 2 miles of the hotel.

• Traditional Room

The phone in the room did not work The texting service took too long for an answer

The little extras like free champagne when checking in and free yoga class. Cleanliness Staff were helpful Good food in restaurant

• Traditional Room

The halls had not been serviced for pick up of room service so it looked unkept. You don't pay for parking but you pay a $30 service charge for amenities that include parking along with bikes and a free shuttle. Would have been nice had someone told us the shuttle stopped after 9:00pm. Could have shared an Uber with my son but we ended up walking home from dinner. Not an entirely pleasant walk.

Location was convenient. Room was nice but much less so than the Marriot down the street for $20 more.

• Deluxe Room with City View

They kept charging my credit card based on what they thought I would spend and not telling me they were pre charging my card . It could ruin a whole family’s trip if you did not have extra money . It was shocking the amounts that they were taking from my account and holding . I was very upset ! And then it will take a few business days to refund back to my account

The staff

• Deluxe Room with City View

No drawers of any kind in the deluxe double queen (we lived off of our suitcases for three days), no coffee machine in the room (but free coffee in the lobby). Also, it was a tad too draughty and cool in the restaurant. Other than that, we were delighted with our stay.

Very friendly staff, free valet parking, free bicycle rentals with bikes of all sizes for the entire family and free helmets for the children (we had a great time riding our bikes along the beach), charmingly stylisch design / furniture + the food was good too

• Traditional Room

small room, even though I was upgraded to cabana room (not buying it) I don’t know if $300 a night is good in that location. In regular days I would Pay around $150 a night.

Nice Lobby, staff very good, kind and helpful, location is very near to Santa Monica pier. Valet is Free!!! Close to major road. Pool is Ok.

• Deluxe Room with City View

Hotel front desk staff kept trying to charge me the full 5 day price even though I had pre booked Andy pre plaid via booking.com. Needless to say my credit card was declined 3 times. When I phoned my credit card company and they pointed that out to me the hotel desk clerk didn’t apologize or care much for the hassle and inconvenience. I was embarrassed !

The beds were comfortable, rooms were sufficiently spacious enough, free use of hotel bikes, house car and free shuttle was excellent. Staff were all excellent especially Pedro !! Would definitely recommed this hotel.

• Traditional Room

Just super expensive, too costly and very low value for money. Breakfast and restaurant was really bad. You have to walk four block downhill for the beach.

Nothing really.

• King or Double Room with Ocean View

Rooms a bit run down Bathroom small and old fashioned One sink Price too high for room No complimentary continental breakfast

Yes Starwood mattress was very very nice We had hotel change mattresses as original was too soft. Staff we very concerned to get it right they did Illy coffee was delicious in the breakfast area

• Traditional Room

I kept getting confused with where the main elevators were (on room floor). The signs could use a little improvement.

Excellent team- from front office to housekeeping, everyone was kind, courteous, and helpful.

• Traditional Room

Actually I did not stay at the hotel – I had to cancel because of flight disruptions caused by bad weather in Switzerland. I had a non-refundable reservation but tried the facility, offered by Booking, to request a (partial) refund on a courtesy basis. To no avail – I accept that no refund means no refund but in exchange agains $500 income, a line of reply would have been in order, as a matter of courtesy!

• Traditional Room

I got the wrong room. I showed up at the hotel and they gave me the wrong room. They said this was a Bookings.com issue and they couldn't do anything about it. Very unhappy with the service I received.

• Deluxe Room with City View

WiFi was alright, but the captive portal was annoying and took a minute or two before the laptops correctly connected to it.

They had complimentary champagne when checking in.

• Traditional Room

-guest rooms on 2nd floor (where we stayed) overlook bar/restaurant and the noise goes on until midnight. -the staff are inconsistent. Some are great, nice, professional (valet team, concierge ), others moody and rude (much of the restaurant staff)

free bicycles, comfortable bed

• Traditional Room

This is a nice hotel option for Santa Monica and VB. The lobby is stylish and comfortable and the food at the lobby bar is surprisingly good. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Our room wasn’t particularly clean and seems due for some updates, but otherwise we enjoyed our stay and would consider this hotel again.

• Traditional Room

I wish the rooms had shower cubicles rather than a bath with overhead shower and a curtain that clearly wants in on the action...

They hotel runs a "Guest of the Day" scheme, which I was fortunate enough to be given, and had my room upgraded, breakfast paid for, two complimentary drinks AND a glass of champagne on arrival. The staff were incredible. I was driven to the beach (after being offered a free bike!) and thoroughly looked after. The hotel itself is stylish, comfortable and a great atmosphere.

• Traditional Room

Very comfortable beds. Room a great size. They gave us a glass of champagne while we were checking in, a voucher for a free drink (including cocktails) in their very pleasant lobby bar, a voucher for a free continental breakfast (which was better than expected), and late checkout. The staff member on reception on arrival was very pleasant and helpful.

• Traditional Room

The rooms are OK, but the windows are small and partially covered by the curtains. The walls are floors are so thin you can hear everything in the adjacents rooms. The continental breakfast is appalling : a bit of bread and fruits. no egg, no cheese, no sausage,no cured meet. Completely sub-par for this price range. One night the room wasn't actually done when I came back. And they have the nerves to slap you with an additional "guest amenities fee" of $30 per night. This fee is _not_ included in the reservation price, which I find very misleading, borderline fraudulent.

Staff was nice and efficient

• Traditional Room

The payment system is rather a strange one - you have to show exactly the same card you've made your booking with. Otherwise you'll have first to pay twice: one time from the card you've made your booking with, the second time with the card you show at the reception and in a few days you'll get reimbursement to your first card. Not a big deal, but still an inconvenience. And the swimming pool is rather small.

The hotel is well located, not far from the beach. The staff is friendly, the rooms are rather tidy and clean. The balcony is a nice and rather rare option for the people who don't like to live with air conditioning 24/7. And the free valet parking is also a pleasant option.

• King or Double Room with Ocean View

No tea or coffee facilities in room and breakfast choice was limited

Bed was amazingly comfy, hotel staff were super helpful, bike hire and sparkling wine included was a lovely surprise.

• Traditional Room

Booking send the hotel a reservation for 2 queen bed while we ask for king size bed so the first day we had to sleep in queen bed. Then next day we move to another room. It’s ok even though it was handicap room

They offer nice coffee in the morning. Car to go to 2 miles around the hotel and free rental bike. There are some game place in the hotel but I didn’t try

• Suite

How they charge bills for room service, but it wasn't bad at all.

The jacuzzi tub was awesome combined with the balcony view. spacious and clean. Staff helped correct error on bill immediately. Great staff.

Bed mattress and pillows could be much more comfortable. Carpeting in rooms look a bit worn. Wifi sometimes was very slow and didn't work one day so we had to leave hotel to get work done.

• Traditional Room

The fact that a resort fee was added on after I booked - really pissed me off - did not look at fine print for such a fee as was not expecting - a pool, in my world, out of season, is not a resort - coffee service for room- on request- was delivered without functioning properly

great location - has a small fridge - - starbucks 5 minute walk

• Traditional Room

Small pool. But then you're close to beach....

Great location and free valet parking (rare for LA hotels!) Definitely a hotel to consider if you do not care about view or pool.

• Traditional Room

The reception and restaurant staff, most dry with conveyer belt approach

The bikes, free shuttle as there was lack of taxis. Swimming pool. The cleaning staff and concierge team were most helpful, cheerful and kind

• Traditional Room

Glass of fizz upon check in was a nice touch. Lovely and helpful employees, good location - only a couple of blocks/10 minute walk to the shops and 15 mins to the beach. Nice spacious and clean rooms. I would stay here again.

• Traditional Room

The fact that Booking.com did not send over our reservations. When we showed up to the hotel to check in, they weren't expecting us......and had to work out other arrangements. Using Booking.com was pointless. Next time, the Hotel will just price match the rate for us and we will Cut Booking.com out of the picture.

The bikes the hotel offered to get around the beach. Th hotel Lobby which had excellent coffee in the mornings.

• Traditional Room

Coffee supposed to be free of charge as they charged 40 USD / room Amenities cost / night costed 3 USD / person. Breakfast not included had a very high cost. We did not like that the hidden costs doubled the price

The room was nice and the Valet Parking also the location great.

• Traditional Room

cost; balcony is very small; view was nothing--all we saw was the interior of the pool yard and the wing next to that so all concrete and not romantic at all. Too expensive for what you get. Coffee was not great; okay.. No coffee in the room you have to go down stairs to get the free coffee. Beach is within walking distance. Not an area I would want to walk late at night however.

clean; close to some nice restaurants; free champagne upon arrival; free valet parking; although I don't think it is really free because of all the extra charges you get tacked on upon check in such as taxes and services fee of well over $100 +

• Traditional Room

my room stank of cigarette smoke, was also very tired and unlike the photos on the website, the pool view was only possible with a great deal of effort and acrobatics, plus the pool was way too small.

not much

• Deluxe Room with City View

We were originally put in a room beside a service elevator. No sleep this night. After complaining, we were then moved to a better room with a view to the coast. This hotel is struggling to be a 4-Star and did not match other hotels we stayed during our trip. Restaurant Menu for Lunch/Dinner is very limited

• Traditional Room

Safe didn't work. Some staff rude. Hotel fairly close to Santa Monica but still a 10-15 min walk which is quite far, especially in the evening with lots of homeless people around.

We had a pleasant stay at Le Meridien. The hotel room was very spacious and we loved the attention to detail. The bed was very comfortable!

• Traditional Room

It was my second time stay in the hotel and Its was awful experience. The Room was so noisy by some un-know reason and they can not find a solution to fixed and All the room are full they can not change one for me!!!!! This is a 5-star hotel? cost you almost 500USD/night! I can not sleep all the night! I can't believe that happened! The worst is although they told me waive the rent for first night, and I carefully ask them to print the bill for record and evident when I check out. Lucky! usually I don't do this to any hotel. Now It happens, they still charge me that night on Credit card! Now I am fighting for the extra charges with them now, It cost me too much time and headache. What I suggest is: ****The hotel is not trustable on money issue, please print all the bills for record! ****The hotel is not qualify as the star ranking! specially the service.

• Traditional Room

We loved our stay Le Meridien. The staff treated us like royalty, the facility was elegant, the food and drink delicious. We used the hotel bikes to explore the beach communities and sat under a cabana by the pool, reading and relaxing.

• King or Double Room with Ocean View

Not sure about the 28$ "facilities charge" but it seems that most places are doing that at the moment.

Really helpful staff and pretty good location for reaching everything. The room was pleasant with a view out to the sea. We used the courtesy car and free bikes.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Traditional Room

The pool was old. Chipped tiles and no jacuzzi! When we went to our room it wasnt cleaned from last guests. Staff didn't seem to care about our inconveniences.

• Traditional Room

A guest fee of 28$ is added at the original price for the parking, bycicle rent and wifi. The location is not so good. No restaurants around but the beach is in a walking distance.

Very nice hotel. Sonia changed our queen room in a king size room with no additional cost.

• Traditional Room

There were mosquitos in the room and the balconies not cleaned at all. My daughter and son were bitten by mosquitos and upon complaining the staff didn't even bothered to fumigate properly.

• Traditional Room

We stayed at the Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica as last stop of our honeymoon, on the way from Hawaii back to Europe. We arrived after midnight and check in was very efficient and we even got some food from room service. The room itself was very nice, modern design, comfortable bed and very clean. Instead of a coffee machine in the room we had a voucher for 2 coffees from the barista bar every day, which was great. We also enjoyed the free rental bikes the hotel provides (I was surprised that we still managed to get bikes around noon, but the hotel has plenty of them). The staff was very friendly and we enjoyed the stay to the fullest. Will definitely come back once in the area.

• Traditional Room

Only one elevator was working. It took a long time to get to your room because of this. Our roomsafe was broken and we called down twice to have it fixed, no one ever came. Our refrigerator flooded. it was all those little things that made me question the price of the hotel

• Traditional Room

the pool was a bit small. but considering the land value and the fact that the beach is literally a 5min walk away, not a big deal

This hotel's staff was awesome. very helpful. A previous booking with a sister property was horrid, they learned of it and went out of their way to accommodate me and my party to make our vacation better. Pushed cleaning a just vacated set of rooms to the top of the priority list; to give us connecting rooms when they saw we needed it. Greeted with smiles and honesty. This was worth every penny.

• Suite

One of the lifts was not working but I know it was being attended to.

Breakfast was delicious and lunch. We particularly liked some of the staff who were genuinely friendly at the bar, at meals and in particular Josh who sorted out our room booking which was incorrect on arrival, and made us feel very special instead of a nuisance. The rooms were very comfy too.

• Deluxe Room with City View

$28 hotel fee does not seem worth the money. Your better off building it into the price of the room and not raising it at checkin. It sours the checkin experience. Elevators too slow. Only one seemed to work. Overpriced bar drinks for what you get.

Coffee service in lobby. Valet parking Friendly staff and always offering to help.

• Deluxe Room with City View

Hotel is clean, but rooms looking over Pico Blvd are noisy, and rooms in the back have no views at all. Dinning room is tiny and breakfast was nothing special and not very quick.

Close to the Santa Monica beach front, and 3rd street promenade. Free Valet parking, efficient staff.

• Traditional Room

There was a mix up with our hotel room and had to wait 2 hours until our room was ready The AC in our room didn't work and it was very uncomfortable

• Traditional Room

I think they are not taking advantage of the Mezzanine, I believe they could integrate it more with the main entrance so people know more about it and use it more.

When we arrived they didn't have a standard room with a King bed, so they upgraded us to a Cabana. The room was very big and had its own terrace, so it was very comfortable. The bed was great and bathroom big. One time we came back at 2pm and they hadn't had done the room, but after we let the front desk know about this he gave as a free breakfast voucher for both of us, nice touch.

• Deluxe Room with City View

Our suite faced onto Pico road which busy and noisy . Room had no double glazing . We could not stay in room the noise from road was so bad. We downgraded room to get oceanview. This king room was pleasant and away from noise the stay was then good

Decor, good mattress , pool , food at hotel was good, valet parking , free bicycle use, location . However you must get an ocean view or Venice Beach facing room as city view is unbearably noisy!

• Traditional Room

Great location close to the pier and beach. Lots of free perks: bikes to cycle around Santa Monica, coffee and tea every morning, valet parking and Shuttle with 2 mile radius. Excellent service and friendly staff! Hotel rooms are exceptional quality.

• Traditional Room

The service fee being charged on top of the room rate of our confirmation from booking.com. There was no mention in the fine print that this was a compulsory charge.

• King or Double Room with Ocean View

On arrival the valet did not offer to get us help for our bags.

They gave you complimentary champagne at cHeck in and daily complimentary lattes. The housekeeping staff was super nice.

• Traditional Room

Extortionate nightly resort fee which is not properly disclosed - and services included in the fee are never available!! Very disappointing

Comfortable bed

• Traditional Room

There are 2 elevators and one was broken and did not work.big lines for elevator and long waits. It was terrible.. other than that it was a ok hotel. Nothing spectacular

Staff very good

• Traditional Room

Our sink flooded our bathroom whilst we were asleep one night so we woke up to gushing water from the pipes. Called down and a maintenance guy was up fixing it within a few minutes. Very quickly dealt with and gave us free breakfast to say sorry which was appreciated.

Huge room very nicely decorated, very comfy beds. Nice toiletries. Good location only 5 mins walk to the beach front. Nice bar and pool area.

• Traditional Room

"$25/day charged even if we didn't use the pool, bike, business center, etc Nobody tells you/reminds (it's apparently written somewhere...) about this charge when checking in. Not very fair

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Traditional Room

Some guests had a continental breakfast included which would have been nice.

You had the wrong pool photo! The hotel sports to be half of a former double sided building. The Apts. across from Le Meridian is there other of the pool between the buildings. The hotel pool is a small square to the side of the building. Out it's not much larger than a jacuzzi.

• King or Double Room with Ocean View

Coffee - offered as part of amenities associated with resort fee charge - could have been a more robust brew - consider offering both a dark as well as medium roast for guests. Gym is very basic - limited space and range of equipment. Only one of two elevators working - longer wait times for elevator and elevator crowding an issue. Need to get that fixed in a timely manner!

Comfortable bed. Great overall casual boutique vibe. Great location within walking distance of some of Santa Monica's more interesting neighborhoods.

• Traditional Room

Check in was not accurate, staff was pleasant until issue came about. Difficult to resolve and left a bad impression overall of efficiency and comptetancy with front desk.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Traditional Room

The bottom sheets on both beds were not large enough to fit on the mattress...either the end was untucked and open or the top..poor for such an expensive hotel! Bathroom was so small that to sit on the toilet, you had to close the bathroom door completely or you could not sit down...and I am only 5'4"...small space. And the "balcony" was a joke...over looking nextdoors pool and only big enough for one chair and small table. Dumb. And call the extra charge "resort fee" a parking charge..because that is what it was.

The staff were all nice, helpful. From valets to checkin and check out. In house breakfast was good, nice waiters too (tho pricey). The free shuttle within 2 miles was also nice. Elevators were timely, not too long a wait.

• Traditional Room

No view, but we booked the cheapest room so you get what you pay for.

Great facilities, located close to all Santa Monica has to offer. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Traditional Room

I couldn't believe the TV service. It was terrible. It would drop audio and video for 15 seconds every 4 or 5 minutes. Try watching a show and missing parts all through the show. Just ridiculous that this quality of service is available at a Le Meridian hotel.

• Traditional Room

Despite requesting a room away from the elevator i got a room right near the housekeeping elevator and my room was with a door to the nextdoor room and it was very noisy

Every is super nice and the place looks great!

Can't think of a thing.

Loved going to the beach on borrowed bikes. Jimmy was very helpful with this. Breakfast - French toast fabulous. Thick cut bacon fabulous. Lattes wonderful. Welcome champagne very festive. Did I mention that I loved the bikes? We had One Spare hour to see the strand in between 15 events with family. The lack of red tape made that beach ride to Venice the best "family business" morning ever! Thank you.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• King or Double Room with Ocean View

Bathroom door hinge was broken. It actually caused the paint from the door jam to shred all over the floor. Full disclosure, they did offer a different room, but we did not want the hassle of moving. We had housekeeping vacuum up the paint chips. See photos. Rooms are small. Bathroom is very small, one person at a time. We had booked a two Queen bed room. We do not think the bed was a Queen. We are pretty sure it was a full. We shouldn't need to pack a ruler. We have stayed at less luxurious hotels with bigger rooms and bathrooms. We paid extra for an Ocean view. This side also faces the street. You will hear the traffic (sirens, truck deliveries, buses, etc). We were trying to sleep in, as we were on vacation. We were more ok with the sound vs the early sunlight in choosing a room.

First, all staff were very nice. Eager to help. The property is very nice: lobby, pool area, etc. It is not listed on booking.com, but they have bikes to loan out. 4hr max, but that is enough time to explore the area. Just ask the Concierge to reserve them. They were not busy with bikes the day we used them. We were allowed to keep them for the day. Beach, shopping, restaurants, all are NOT far away. The location is very good. Paid to stay on the ocean view side of the hotel. Hard to see the view from lower floors, but it is there. Ocean view also does not get the morning light. We made that conscious decision so we could sleep late.(see cons for Ocean view)

• Traditional Room

I had booked a late checkout and had housekeeping telephone and knock on door 4 times in two hour period 1-3pm to ask when we were leaving despite being told we had booked late checkout. This meant unable to sleep to recover from jet lag which was entire purpose of booking a late checkout. Reception failed to apologise at checkout as too busy offering champagne to special guests.

• Deluxe Room with City View

Pool is rather small and continental breakfast buffet is limited.

Prime location (Santa Monica Beach at the end of the street) and very friendly staff. Nice room (I stayed in a Deluxe City View w/ small balcony, even had ocean view sideways).

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

• King or Double Room with Ocean View

The location pictures online make it look like it's directly across from the beach. It's really 4 blocks from the beach. I paid extra for a "sea view," so being that far away, that's obviously not worth it. They advertise that there are coffee makers in the rooms, but they've recently taken them out! One of the hotel staff did bring me a Keurig-type coffee maker & coffee set up after I inquired about why it was missing. That was great. Our room was right above a busy street (Pico), so the traffic noise was a constant. For what you actually get for the money charged per night, I would definitely consider staying at the higher end hotels on the beach next time (Shutters, Loew's).

The valet staff was wonderful and front desk was good too. Most of the restaurant staff were very accommodating as well.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• King or Double Room with Ocean View

1) The "beach-view" from rooms 4th floor or below is a joke. Great rooms, but more road and rooftop view with a little ocean on the horizon. 2) There was no coffee/tea maker in the room, though plenty of space for one. Free coffee and tea available in the restaurant was good but inconvenient on awakening. 3) No in-house convenience store for basic essentials, or as an alternative to the ridiculous prices for bottled water, wine, or chips in the room

1) May be the most helpful, courteous, personable staff, at all levels, we have encountered in many years of travel. From check-in to check-out 9 days later, the hotel's personnel were there make our stay more comfortable and pleasant. Even a bad weather day was handled well. 2) The hotel and room were very clean. Bathrooms, linens, and furnishings were comfortable,and elevators efficient. 3) The location is 6 blocks from the beach, but access to Uber is immediate, the hotel car for short trips is usually available, and if you like to walk for exercise, the residential neighborhoods behind the hotel offer many routes with varied housing, gorgeous flora, and flat or hilly terrain, your choice

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

• Traditional Room

The Holiday Inn Express is more comfortable and cleaner than this hotel. Overall disappointed and would not recommend to anyone. This is not in the same league as an authentic Meridien hotel. -10 rating

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Traditional Room

The staffs are really friendly, I've been talking a wonderful good care of the stay. The bed, yes, it's like lying on the clouds. Great location for 10mins walking to the Santa Monica beach:)

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Traditional Room

The rooms on the 1st and 2nd floor are very loud as located just on the top of reception/bar and Restaurant. In the morning you hear kitchen, in the evening you hear bar sounds and Music.