Reviews of Sheraton Denver West Hotel 3 stars

360 Union Boulevard, Lakewood, CO 80228, USA

#8 of 19 hotels in Lakewood

Ok stay
    • Traditional Room

The front desk staff was not friendly. There is no on-site laundry room and therefore I had to find a laundromat to go wash my clothes.

This hotel is within walking distance to the Denver rail system. This is probably the best hotel gym that I have seen.

Not the best stay that I have had at this hotel
    • Traditional Room

The television only worked for about 2 hrs, the breakfast food (eggs were a little soggy and fruit tasted old) was not very good and very expensive for buffet. Cleaning staff was standing outside my room talking very loudly

The room was clean and bed was comfortable

The woman in the hospitality/happy hour area, Jacki (I...
    • Traditional Room

The woman in the hospitality/happy hour area, Jacki (I think) was awesome. There was also a gal at the front desk who was african american with long blond hair and she was great too!

Very disappointed, I feel like I got ripped off
    • Traditional Room

Paying 228 for a room that didn't even have a microwave, the room was very small, the toilet kept running water, the heater in the room didn't work so we were freezing. I reserved a king sized suite and when we came to check in I was told they were all out. I didn't appreciate that.

The beds were comfy, the room was clean

No sleep, 100 less in my budget for my kids because their insidentals.
    • Traditional Room

First they didn’t tell me they’d be holding 100 dollars for insidentals. They just ask me to run my card for it but nothing about charging me. Next, we had no towels in our room. Had to call for some and was treated very rude when they were brought to us, like I was stupid for asking for towels. They asked me if I was sure there were no towels with a scowl. There was no breakfast included. Which I swore I saw on the listing. I was up until 12am listening to the room next to me scream on the phone for about 4 hours. The walls are so thin I could even hear her yawn. Crazy with a room full of kids and the tv on. I was afraid of this since I have a baby I didn’t want to disturb others. The bubbles in the hot tub didn’t work. So, overall it’s very nice and clean but really disorganized.

The pool was great.

• Traditional Room

The only issue is the maid knocked even with the dnd sign up.we had loud neighbours that kept slamming doors but not hotels fault.

The 50 dollars more is so worth the awesomeness. Other hotels were a little cheaper but the cleanliness, comfort, and class are so worth it.

Great staff and hotel but I don’t think they were ready for the crowd that night.
    • Traditional Room

Room was freezing. Had to adjust the thermostat as high as it would go. It still took hours for the temperature inside the room to reach a comfortable level. We literally kept our jackets on for the first four hours in our room.

Very nice stay at a great price !!
    • Traditional Room

Could use more lighting around vehicles. Toilets should be upgraded to water efficient ones.

Upon entering it smelled really good and looked very nice and clean.

Clean and classy property.
    • Traditional Room

The gal that helped us check in was not professional as far as her attitude. When confront about being put into a double queen instead of the king room that I booked, she blamed the third party booking site and said that she could put us in a king the first night and we'd have to change to a double queen the second night... I got ahold of the third part booking site and they resolved the issue so we didn't have to change rooms. The front desk gal was not welcoming or accommodating!! We were not told were our room was, what time breakfast was or any helpful information like that. The bathroom in our room was tiny, you had to slam the door to shut it and there was not a single garbage liner or extra liners in any of the garbage cans!

Clean and classy property. Good parking, the bar and bartender were really great and accommodating!!

Friendly staff & and overall clean hotel
    • Traditional Room

Online it appears they have a free continental stay breakfast, which was an important deciding factor in picking our hotel, only to find out it was only offered to "Preferred Guest". But I could go to the onsite restaurant and pay $16/ per person for their buffet breakfast. Hard pass. Our first room we had was perfect but the A/C was broken. We were moved to another room that was entirely too small. Then we were moved to another room. I was disappointed we had to ultimately stay in a different room.

Friendly staff & and overall clean hotel

Location was near where we were visiting.
    • Traditional Room

Could not cool room ... found out hotel was having HVAC problems. Maid service was less than great; had to have towels and coffee products delivered to room after hours. Front desk staff lacked customer-oriented pleasantries. Leaking toilet tank noise was distracting ... yes, we reported it.

Location was near where we were visiting. Discounted room rate was an attraction. Breakfast restaurant within walking distance from hotel.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

We arrived at 5 pm and enjoyed a leisure, tasty dinner at the on-site restaurant which we recommend.
    • Traditional Room

The "new" sensor toilet in our room flushed itself numerous times during the night, but we reported it in the morning so expect it to be fixed by now.

Beds were very comfortable; pillows were the type we like (soft), we didn't hear other guests or TVs playing from our room which was heaven to us. Staff was friendly and welcoming.

Comfortable family friendly hotel
    • Traditional Room

It was raining and they had covered parking and everything was covered up to door to walk in so no getting wet. Nice big comfortable rooms. They accommodated our family with adjoining rooms.

Good facility but not perfect
    • Traditional Room

Extremey slow elevator. No towels in the gym either time I went. Inefficient cleaning; one night room not cleaned at all--though I was out most of the day.

Well maintained facility in convenient location. Large well equipped gym. Efficient staff at front desk. Plenty of free parking.

Poor service, we will never stay there again!
    • Club Room

Beds were not comfortable, room was dirty, phone didn't work, bathroom nonfunctional shower door opens on side where toilet is, very crowded and vent didn't work at all! Elevators old and under construction causing several delays. Parking was ridiculous! Staff was very rude when I had to ask for my room to be cleaned and for a working telephone!!

The staff was friendly and accommodating.
    • Club Room

Not all the elevators were in working condition. This resulted in very long waiting times.

The staff was friendly and accommodating. The club rooms were spacious and clean.

Bed and pillows were super comfortable, bathroom towels were...

No complains...

Bed and pillows were super comfortable, bathroom towels were soft and smelled clean. Front desk and room service was great, everyone was really nice!

The room was very clean and large.
    • Traditional Room

The room was quite loud since it faced the street. We could hear cars all night long. The elevators took a very long time.

The room was very clean and large.

My worst experience in a hotel, EVER.
    • Traditional Room

The bathroom had loose tiles. Corners were dirty. Wallpaper peeling off of the walls. The hotel charged me over $200 what booking said my total would be. Our first room had soaked carpet around the furnace. Our second room had an ac unit that didn't work well and it's thermostat quit the next morning. In the elevator I overheard other people complaining of their stay and one of them also had to be moved to a new room. The continental breakfast isn't free and it's also not very good. It's no doubt I will never stay here again.

The beds were decent, surprisingly. Because everything else was horrible.

Great Location at a Run Down Facility
    • Traditional Room

One of the elevators was down (and it was down when I stayed at the same hotel a year ago). The AC in the room did not cool sufficiently; it seemed to shut off and go to fan only mode at about 72 degrees, even though I had the thermostat set at 65 degrees. The bathroom felt outdated and grungy; it definitely needs a refinish/remodel. The TV was very small and had poor picture quality, making it useless unless you sat on the edge of the bed just a couple of feet away.

The location is very convenient, with plenty of places to eat and explore within walking distance. It is also right next to a major highway for getting around the city quicker.

I stayed here at the Sheraton 2 years in a row now. I really dig this place
    • Traditional Room

I had to fix the flusher for my toilet. The elevators stopped working for a whole day, and I had to keep getting a new keycard to open my room, because something was faulty with the card readers or cards, not quite sure about that one.

I loved the pool and hot tub!

needs work
    • Traditional Room

The view from my window was train tracks, elevator was sLLOOwwww hot tub was super weak, looks like its in need of a renovation. Had a great time, but for the money i could've done better.

calamari was really good. Bartender and wait staff were way cool. pool was fun being so shallow.

Great weekend had by all ball players
    • Club Room

There wasn't anything that we didn't like

Staff was great & very friendly! Food was great Very accommodating. Our room was suppose to be 2 queen beds and only had a king. They upgraded us to a larger room and brought in a very comfortable roll away bed. No extra charge. All with a smile and sincere apologies for the over site.

Great location! Property is a little run down and
    • Traditional Room

AC did not work. The sink/bathtub were clogged. I was not informed that my floor level was pet friendly, and I am allergic to most breeds of dogs and cats. The hotel phone in the room was out of service. It was a miserable experience.

Location was good!

Pleasant and comfortable
    • Club Room

I think there could be a better set up for the flow of the air conditioner. We had two queen beds. The one closest to the window was cold and the other one didn't get much of the air flow from the a/c. Other than that is was a great place to stay and we would stay there again

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

The good, the bad, and the ugly.
    • Traditional Room

The visit fell apartment when the day staff did not process the payment the way the night guy had it set up. I had left early for work, and things got rather ugly towards my guest.

The business center and the night staff.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Great beds
    • Traditional Room

The heater in the room was broken, warmish when we checked in. Was vary loud so we turn it off, it got cold quickly, onve we turn the heater back on it would only blow cool air. Thermostats read 66 degrees all night.

The bed,it was amazing.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Overall very poor value.
    • Traditional Room

All facilities,furnace quit, took to long to repair. pool and hot tub heater quit. Hot tub jets didn't work. Food was below avarage. Very disappointing, eggs Benedict had no flavor, prime rib, very poor quality cut, chincey portions, improperly prepared. Female bartender slow unresponsive on several requests. No offered comp. for all disappointing conditions.

The in room coffee was good

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

I like La Cave restaurant.
    • Traditional Room

I didn't like the shower because the drain seemed to drain too slowly. I have had this problem before in this hotel.

I like La Cave restaurant. It is a nice get away.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Could be better for the $$$
    • Traditional Room

Need plugs by the bed! In the middle of both parts of my stay, I got locked out of my room when I went to get ice.

Loved the King room the two queen was too crowded.

Water was super hot in the showers.
    • Traditional Room

Stairwells were very dirty and smelled bad. Stains on the walls. Some of the wallpaper in our room was peeling.

Water was super hot in the showers. Bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Not worth the $$
    • Traditional Room

The property looked and felt old. There are stains on the ceilings and the elevator was broken as well as some of the smoke alarms looked as if they were falling off. Not used of a Sheraton in that condition. Also went to the restaurant and was charged $10 for 2 bagels.

I liked the location

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Comfy bed, nice room, location couldn't be better for...
    • Traditional Room

I missed the welcome coffee and citrus infused water in the lobby when I arrived. It's a staple at other Sheratons and something I appreciate. It's not a big deal, but it sure is a nice touch.

Comfy bed, nice room, location couldn't be better for where I needed to be.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Perfect

N/a

Elle was amazing at the front desk. Her professional and gregarious nature provided a welcoming experience. She made our trip spectacular with the amazing room and view.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

comfy beds, excellent service
    • Traditional Room

Location is outside of downtown so could be a little out of the way depending on what you are doing in Denver but was perfect for the Red Rock Theatre.

Sheraton beds are always the best nights sleep. Front desk service was very friendly and helpful. Easy parking and managed to store our extra luggage in their storage room without any fuss.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

I would still recommend
    • Traditional Room

It needs to be maintained better and updated. It looks like they haven't updated in a little while or not maintained the premises very well. The furniture in the lobby was a little dirty and unorganized. The floors were not that great, but OK.

The staff was very friendly and caring. Accommodated us very well. Great staff.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

The room was very spacious.
    • Traditional Room

I requested a king bed instead of two queens. I still got two queens. My husband and I slept apart for four nights which was very upsetting. We got the hotel room so we could spend quality time not apart

The room was very spacious.

Just ok
    • Traditional Room

The room was semi-clean. The bedskirts were pretty dirty and it was apparent that they weren't changed on a regular basis. The bathroom had hair in the tub. There was a condom and an eaten cob of corn in the stairwell during my entire 4 day stay - so it was obvious the stairwell wasn't being cleaned.

Each bed had 4 super fluffy pillows.

Clean and Comfy!
    • Traditional Room

The hallways were extremely hot.

The room was large and spacious, the bathrooms were very clean and well stocked with towels. The bed was extremely comfortable.

I liked the location.
    • Traditional Room

Parking was not easy. Price is high for this location. Facility is visibly "old" and some wear and tear is obvious in my room (508).

I liked the location.

Front desk ladies were fantastic and super friendly.
    • Traditional Room

Front desk ladies were fantastic and super friendly.

It was nice.

The price.

The front desk.

O appreciated the staff

2 nights of cold showers

O appreciated the staff

The ladies at the front desk were super helpful.
    • Traditional Room

The ladies at the front desk were super helpful. I really appreciate the time they took to accommodate my situation.

Facility and staff were great

Beds were like clouds

i had an awesome time at your property.
    • Traditional Room

i had an awesome time at your property. very helpful staff answered all my questions.

Very comfy. Refer to friends
    • Traditional Room

First room we were in had a leak in bathroom but we were given new room

People were very friendly. Loved comforter! Extremely comfortable bed.

Drinks in the bar were very expensive

Drinks in the bar were very expensive

Parking

Parking

Comfortable with a view of the Skyline
    • Traditional Room

Bed was comfortable and the room was clean.

Not impressed for money

Room wasn't clean

the view from the window is great
    • Traditional Room

the speed of wi-fi connection was low

the view from the window is great

The front desk staff were phenomenal!
    • Traditional Room

The pool was out one day.

The staff working the front desk was phenomenal! Extra special NICE!

Friendly staff, early check-in request was accommodated,...
    • Traditional Room

Friendly staff, early check-in request was accommodated, clean and comfy room and very comfortable bed!!!

Excellent hotel to stay
    • Traditional Room

I like it it's so clean and comfortable

The buffet was a tad overpriced but everything else was...
    • Traditional Room

The buffet was a tad overpriced but everything else was fantastic!

Enjoyable...

Bathroom needs updating

Location to red rocks amphitheatre

Comfortable bed and a beautiful view
    • Traditional Room

The city view was great we got an amazing view of several different fireworks displays.

Fabulous staff, love this hotel

N/a

Staff was amazing ... especially chip and Nicole All went well and beyond Would definitely recommend this hotel Great location

I stayed at this hotel during Revel Rockies and they have a shuttle to the start line!
    • Traditional Room

Onsite breakfast or coffee.

Room and hotel clean and fresh and staff attentive and accommodating.

The best ever.
    • Traditional Room

The location and staff is great.

was good thank you so much

was good thank you so much

Pleasant

Elevators not dependable

Beds were very comfortable

Family road trip

Nada

Dinner at La Cave restaurant was wonderful.

Staff was great!
    • Traditional Room

Staff was great! Breakfast was good.

Check in easy garage parking
    • Traditional Room

Sheets were scratchy and pillows were uncomfortable

Check in easy garage parking

Nothing really

Everything especially prices

Nothing really

Great place to stay! We will definitely stay here again!
    • Traditional Room

Beds are amazing! Great staff and loved having breakfast in bed.

different strokes for different folks!!!!
    • Traditional Room

was not as nice as the sheraton hotel/marina in sandiego ca

staff

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

The a/c was loud in room

The a/c was loud in room

Well priced, friendly front desk agent.
    • Traditional Room

Bathroom was a bit dirty and had some moldy spots in the shower.

Well priced, friendly front desk agent.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Great value hotel.

WiFi weak in room.

Staff exceptional. Bed exceptional. Cleanliness perfect. Pool and fitness very good.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

We had a good time. It was comfortable and perfect view of the mountains.

Everything was perfect

Yes breakfast was excellent.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

the rooms are beautiful
    • Traditional Room

the floor we stayed on was extremely noisy. The cleaning staff was talking a bit to loud so sleeping in was not an option

the rooms are beautiful

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Great value - well-managed, satisfying hotel!
    • Traditional Room

Front staff always friendly. Rooms always very clean. Bed is very comfortable. Rooms are good 3-star quality.