Reviews of Sheraton Edison Hotel 3 stars

125 Raritan Center Parkway, Edison, NJ 08837, USA

#7 of 12 hotels in Edison

• Double Room with a Roll In Bed - Disability Access

I booked for double bed room. When I checked in into room I got only one bed. I went to receptionist and informed I didn’t get them I supposed to get. Then receptionist told me they are sold out all double bed room and that freaked me out. I booked with my credit card then how it is possible they sold out !! I was there with my family and our new born. Then receptionist offered me a rolled in bed but after 2hrs of waiting no one even showed up with rolled in bed nor they informed me they couldn’t provide me. I really pissed off. Into that small bed my wife and my new born slept. Whole night I was on the floor. This is really not expected. I have been using Booking.com for last 3years and this is the 1st time I have encountered these kind of situations.

Location is good and room was clean

• Traditional King Room

Outlets were no where close to the bed and there were a few times that the elevation that goes to the pool would not go down to the main level and no other elevator would come to the 5th floor. Plus, the alarm clock is outdated, no one uses a 30 pin in their phones or tablets anymore.

Spacious room and I loved the large tub to take a bath in.

• Double Room - Disability Access

The heater in my room didn’t work throughout my stay and I complained repeatedly...

Micheal, the gentleman at the restaurant who attended fulfilled my every need and wayyyy beyond...

• Traditional King Room

The hotel needs an upgrade. Electronics are outdated, furnishings worn.

The bed was very comfortable. Check in/out was quick. Location is very convenient.

• Traditional King Room

The reception staff was tired, bored, not respectful to my needs and shown bad-attitude towards others. The manager was not available to talk to. The elevator was not functioning properly.

The room was clean and in a good size. The housekeeping lady was also very nice to allow me to get in early.

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Some off the staff was terrible, the room bathroom was nasty, they didn't reload the bathroom with towels and washcloths the next day, iit didn't have a fridge in the room...I didn't like my stay

The pool

• Traditional King Room

They were a little stingy with the coffee creamer and sugar.

The bed/bedding was extremely comfortable. The coffee was great and the view from the windows was nice.

• Traditional King Room

I booked at 113 , called down said I want to stay another night they said best offer 239 unacceptable, I went across the street for 81.00 and better room .. I always stay there however , I now have options , stupid cause I like it there .. sorry they don’t take care of repeat customers.. been staying they over a year on and off man lives in Edison reason I go .. I like staff but not ok to charge twice the amount if I choose to stay .. I’m out

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

I requested a mini fridge and it seemed like the front desk didn’t know that and when i asked they said they would check if they have one and send it up. However, about an hour later no one called or came up to say there were none left. We had to call and they told us. I understand there are limited quantities available but i felt someone should have just advised us of that.

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

No hot water for shower at 6 am next morning. Noisy rude neighbors at 11:00 pm. The price of movie rentals were too expensive.

The room on end was very cozy. The bed was very comfortable.

• Traditional King Room

The lady at the desk had no intentions of helping me. She kept telling me my card was being declined, I asked to use the ATM she pointed me to it, but it said to let the front desk know it had an error, so when I mentioned that to her she looked at me like I had three heads and said I’ll call them tomorrow, not even bothering to help me in the situation I was in. My boyfriend then took over and used his card and she said the same to him and when he tried again his card went through. When I called my bank they said that they saw a transaction attempting to be put through by the hotel and then being canceled. So basically the receptionist who checked us in started the the stay off poorly. When we got to the room it was so hot in the room, the thermostat was easy to find and use but it took a while to even feel I difference and I was still hot. Woke up several times throughout the night because of how hot the room was and finally lowered the thermostat even lower at some point in the night. When I took a shower I couldn’t get the drain to stay up so I had to stand there holding the drain until all the water was drained. Also the bed wasn’t that comfortable either.

How easy check out was.

THE FUNITURE IN THE ROOM(COUCH) WAS OLD LITTLE UPDATE WOULD BE NICE

THE LOBBY WAS VERY WELCOMING AND CLEAN. I WAS VERY PLEASED BY THE ROOMS ESPECIALLY AFTER A FEW NEGATIVE REVIEWS I READ. GLAD I DECIDED TO CREATE MY OWN EXPERIENCE.

• Double Room - Disability Access

The front desk were not able to code my key correctly the first time making me come down to the front desk and get the card re-coded. They did not apologize for this inconvenience. The shower head was broken and had very little water pressure. The bed seemed short and my feet hung off the end and they normally do not do this.

Check in was easy

• Traditional King Room

This is a pet friendly hotel! There is no charge for pets either! What a plus! I even had a glass of wine in the bar with my dog. The food and room service was great!

• Traditional King Room

I wasn’t told which direction my room was in so I was walking back and forth for about five minutes. Also the only signs observed were signs to Starbucks and to the Ball Room.

I liked the set up of the room. It was nice and comfortable.

• Traditional King Room

The room was a lot more dated in person than in the pictures. The shower head was broken, and the tv was extremely dated and glitchy.

The amenities such as the restaurant and be as well as the Starbucks downstairs.

• Traditional King Room

The room was like a cheap motel no cable do to weather. Didn’t even offer a free movie to watch. You can see the water leaks in the ceiling from water. Old peeling crack leather furniture. It was a horrible experience will never go back there.

• Traditional King Room

There was no hot water available in the facility - I had to skip the shower and change hotel at a higher cost than the booking I made at Sheraton after returning from work

• Traditional King Room

I thought I had the breakfast included and it wasn’t. The pool was closed for our stay and staff did not answer all my questions.

The room and the good looking of the hotel

• Traditional King Room

We walked into a freezing cold room and noticed the heating panel was broken so we called staff. A lady came up and "fixed" it then mentioned of other guess complaining of cold rooms. We waited an hour and the heating still didn't come on. The front desk concluded the heating Wasn't in fact working. Surprise surprise. They then switched our room to the "exec floor" which was EXACTLY the same as the other room. No apologies or condolences at all. Mind you it was 3am at this point and -20degrees Celsius outside. The room again took an hour to heat up and we finally slept at 4 am but obviously missed breakfast as a result. Wifi was slow too on both floors.

• Traditional King Room

The first room we went to smelled like someone was smoking the entire time. The second room wasn't too clean, and it was a bit run down.

Check out at 12:00pm

• Traditional King Room

I stayed on the 3rd floor the ice machine didn’t work, the elevator button didn’t always work

I’ve stayed here a few times and I’ve never been disappointed. My gf and I will stay here again

• Traditional King Room

I had difficulty with lock on door - took several swipes of the key to get it to open. Was told that locks are due for replacement.

I have stayed here before because it is one of the few hotels that are pet friendly - a real bonus. The pillows were so nice that i tried to look at their label to see where i could buy similiar ones; see that they are sold on Sheraton website. Room service dinner was very tasty. Good areas to walk my dog.

Everything. Staff doesn’t fullfill any requests and it smells like musty carpet and the bathtubs are disgusting. And everything in the room is from the 1980s

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Shower clogged and filled up quickly, one room had very strong smell of smoke, and staff at restaurant very slow and had to ask multiple times for things. Staff at Starbucks charged me for items they didn’t have even though I asked first to check (then too late to refund), and forgot my order (and dealt with other customers before acknowledging me trying to equire about my order) making me late to my convention.

Reception staff were helpful and patient with changing our rooms. They really tried to make us comfortable and keep us happy.

• Traditional King Room

This is one of the worst hotels I have ever been .. I stayed in the Club floor for a period of 14 days and my stay was equivalent to a below par standard room.. Sofas in the room were torn , AC hardly worked and I hardly had any options because the payment was already made from my company.. I request everyone to NOT opt for this hotel and the front office executives except one person ( I did forget his name) are all rude and not helpful.

The signature bartender service is exceptional and that has been the only best part of this hotel.

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Please don't book this hotel. Staff are rude and have no knowledge. My room door was left open after cleaning service. The supervisor could only say "Sorry". Please avoid this hotel if you can. Also, Booking.com or Sheraton messed up with my name so when I called to confirm my reservation, Sheraton couldn't find the reservation even with the confirmation number. I booked the second night with aeroplan miles but the front desk did not know what to do with aeroplan reservation so I got charged for one full night. I had to call the aeroplan and wasted my time in the morning to figure it out. The front desk receptionist eventually told me she will refund it but I am still waiting for a refund as it has not appeared on my transaction ( my available credit still did not change)....

• Traditional King Room

took a awhile to get extra towels

asked for a roll away which was brought right away and was surprisingly large dense and very very comfy. Need to leave more towels in a room so that you do not have to ask for more on the second day. Staff recommended a local chinese food place when we asked. The place they recommended was fast and the food was great. They allowed a group of us to scrapbook in the lounge area on two very large tables. For those who scrapbook this was a big bonus for them to accommodate us with out hesitation. Will book again for the 2018 scrapbook expo convention.

• Traditional King Room

The property was clean but a little pricey. They also cut the A/C off at night so when I woke up it was 75 degrees in the room instead of the 65 that I sent the A/C to. Woke up sweating. That's my only complaint.

• Traditional King Room

Plenty of things: extremely outdated, worn out and neglected property. Unprofessional staff attitude. Not a 5 star hotel, more like 1.5 star! Bedding is unwashed and unhygienic. Leather reclining chair in the room got ripped off and the upholstery has completely gone at the head rest, looks so shabby and worn out. Rusty stains are all over the bathroom. No minibar fridge in the room, even if it didn't have any mini bar contents, just a mini fridge as a standard 5 star hotel room facility would have been sufficient.

• Traditional King Room

I was very dissatisfied with the rooms I was given. The first was a dated .room with torn faux leather on the chair, dirty carpet and not to mention the bathroom (rm.413). The next room to have been better - but not (rm. 1021). The prior guest smoked in a NON smoking establishment and the same issues with the chair. The final and the last room was the better (1122) - the tiles in the bathroom need some serious cleaning, wall paper coming off the bathroom wall above the toilet, down bedding need to be replace - its torn. The lobby, curb area and lobby windows need much maintenance.

Brianna, came through when I was very dissatisfied with the rooms I was given. Understanding the hotel is in the near to renovating because this Sheraton does not stand up with the others.

• Club Floor King Room - Non-Smoking

The jacuzzi was not in use, a life Guard would have been available by the pool, also the shuttle buses would have been available at least other outlets / malls or probably jersey gardens

The staffs were polite and helpful, the shuttle bus drivers were great. The breakfast was good as well

It was perfect for business and a get away from the city center. It has enough space for everything. They had church going on Sunday very interesting. This church engaged even taking care of young people as far as all lower grades. I saw parents at ease with this church according to their appearance on the face.

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Air conditioner do not work properly, room floors are extremely dirty ,beds were not made properly each day , no trash bags in bins, no microwave

Complaint was handled quickly , parking area is good .

• Traditional King Room

Most of the lifts don't work, stains all over the carpet, furniture in the room is quite worn, extremely loud at night time. We had people shouting in our corridor in the middle of the night. At 3 am there was what sounded like security and police in the corridor removing a guest who was screaming very loudly. No mention of it at check out, we weren't even asked how our stay was when checking out. Definitely the worst Sheraton I have ever stayed at.

Staff were all pleasant and helpful.

• Traditional King Room

This is room #314 plus no escape route plan, missing form back of the door. Carpet needs to have a deep clean or removed. Bathroom, even when they came in to clean the toilet still had urine around the outside of the toilet. Shower, caulking had mold, the tub spout coming of the tile. Bathroom outlets loose. Furnishers, the leather chair all worn out, need to be replaced, all wooded furnisher scratch, Window wall had food stain. Bed skirt had like oil spot on them. Three (3) elevator an only one work that weekend for the visitor that they had there. Took the stairwell to the 3rd floor, very very dirty and nasty. plus it state discount on the website, but not at the hotel front desk.

the location was great.

• Traditional King Room

Our room was next to loud elevator, heard it/them all night long. At times 1 of the 3 only elevators were working and never all 3 working. No available carts for carting luggage to and from room/car. We also didn't realize there were dogs allowed in building/rooms.

Coffee is great and food in lounge was awesome!

• Traditional King Room

My car was struck in their lot and though I was promised a manager would contact me at no point during my stay was one available to even call me. Also the bedding was ripped and the floors filthy,guess not everyone had pets who were house broken.

Free pets under 50lbs allowed.

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

They never mopped the bathroom in 3 days. Bathtub dripped all night long. No free in room internet but for$9.75 a day you could purchase it. No continental breakfast and that is standard in most hotels as is the Internet. I had some jewelry stolen as well as I left it with my watch in the room. They forgot to leave bath towels and I had to call twice to get some after waiting close to an hour. I don't recommend it at all.

Not very much and I travel a couple of times a year to NJ and won't be staying there.

• Club Floor King Room - Non-Smoking

Room smelled, bathroom had not been cleaned, and bed was hard. Furniture was chipped and dated, and leather chair, the leather was falling off.

Location. The Hotel lobby is very nice. Breakfast.

• Traditional King Room

The bed was like a rock. The furnishings were very worn and needed replacing. Several items in my room were broken. The elevator buttons worked 50% of the time and had to be pushed over and over again. The quality of food at breakfast was very poor and very expensive.

The bar/grill staff were excellent.

• Traditional King Room

The hallway to the rooms was disgustingly hot. No mini fridge in the room you had to request one, luckily we got last one but then you have to wait to cool down. Our safe was broken had to have maintenance replace the door on it! Room service was horrible got pulled pork quesadilla that was not crispy just greasy the bacon cheeseburger was well done, so dry, asked for medium.

The staff was nice

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Traditional King Room

The night I arrived the gentleman at the front desk was not welcoming or what I would expect from a brand like the Sheraton. It was our first time at this hotel brand and I was unimpressed even offended by his lack of care. The most helpful thing he said was "would you like 2 keys?" From my experience at other hotels, I expected him to give me the run down of where the elevators are, the pool, the gym, what time breakfast starts etc. He checked us in, gave me the keys and that was the experience. I expected a warm welcoming and a friendly and caring attitude as it is the field of hospitality. Perhaps 11pm is the cut off time for the policies and expectations here, then they start up again in the morning.. Not sure. Had the morning check out experience been as unattractive in its tone as the evening was, I would not return to this property or brand. However, the two women at the front desk that checked us out the next morning were very pleasant and helpful, ensuring me that the Sheraton has more to offer for my next stay.

The bed and pillows were the best part. I also liked the iHome in the room for music. It was also very quiet. We arrived at 11pm exhausted so it was great to have such a comfortable room.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

I travel for work all the time and this was the worst hotel I've stayed at, in terms of the rooms. The carpets are filthy and stained, there is mold all over the bathroom, the sheets are stained and the rooms smell like old smoke and mold. Adding insult to injury, only 1 of 3 elevators worked. I had to wait 10 minutes to get in a packed elevator which stopped on every floor so it took me 15 minutes to get downstairs with my bags. I couldn't believe a Sheraton property could be this poorly maintained and would still charge $200 a night. I couldn't wait to get out of there.

The only good thing about this hotel was its proximity to the meeting I was attending and the Starbucks downstairs. The staff were friendly but they can't make up for the deplorable condition of their rooms.

• Traditional King Room

The room did not smell the greatest upon arrival. The floor had stains all over it. Both nights I was forced to request towels becuase they did not provide enough for me and my girlfriend. The sheets had holes in them. The couch had what looked to be cigarette burns in the arm rest. (was a non-smoking room???). Overall I was not please with my stay at this hotel and would not stay here again!

The staff was nice.

• Traditional King Room

Air conditioning was not cold enough. Got in late so didn't think it would matter because air was off when we got in room. Would only cool off to 77-78 degrees. Told the desk about it offered a 50% refund. I was ok with that. It was late to call anyone plus I was tired. At car racers all day it was hot. Needed to go to bed

Very clean

• Club Floor King Room - Non-Smoking

Room was tired looking. Still had wall paper in bathroom. Chair in corner was worn through on the head and arm rest. Toilet was running conctantly.

The bed and pillow were comfortable

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The interior look old, I asked for lotion and there were non in the hotel. Restaurant staff were unfriendly. Poor service.

The location, close to main route.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Traditional King Room

The wifi access was difficult. They need to download an app to get it started which was not so friendly. I Like it simple, for eg, a password when checking in to use their wifi. Hope they go back to basics.

The shuttle service was helpful getting me to my next destination. I love Sheraton kind assistance when I need it as I wad not so familiar with the area. Thank you Sheraton!

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Traditional King Room

I just felt the room was shabby so it didn't feel clean to me. Leather chair was all scratched up -- almost as though their had been pets in the room -- ripped up and other furniture looked worn and shabby. No carpeting on the floor which was odd and did not feel good under your feet. I do know that they allow pets so thought maybe that was why. I do feel that if you are staying in a room where they allow pets they should inform you that pets had been in the room -- so you can make a choice.( I have allergies). Thermostat battery needed replacement and there was no shower cap (which I count on) or hand lotion.

This property is convenient to my office and have stayed there before and had cleaner and nicer rooms.

• Traditional King Room

A free breakfast would have been nice. $3.50 for a cup of tea or coffee was really expensive. The bathroom tile in the shower was dirty. The toilet paper and tissues were rough. Very poor quality. The hotel in general needs updating. The landscaping was poor. Several dead plants not maintained. Broken stairs and sidewalks. Hotel lobby was dirty.

• Traditional King Room

The lighting in the parking was very dim. Need to offer free WiFi in rooms.

The hotel was clean and comfortable. My requested accommodations were honored.

• Traditional King Room

There was not a mini fridge in the room. The room we got (because they ran out of king bed rooms on lower levels) happened to be the first one on the floor, so we were able to hear the sounds of the elevators constantly, which was super annoying but we managed.

Higher level floor meant we received access to the club lounge, which was nice. The bed of course was extremely comfortable. Breakfast included was tasteful, the shower was great, and the staff were helpful.

• Traditional King Room

Room smelled like smoke, I went and bought a can of air deodorizer to combat it but still left me with a stuffy nose and headache from the smell. I let the front desk know, the manager took me to different rooms but ultimately made me feel like I was putting them out. The property, grounds, weren't as clean as I've come to be accustomed by the Sheraton franchise; 7th floor elevator call button didn't work (yes I let the front desk know). I didn't even know where to find the breakfast to be honest so I went out and bought breakfast each day. The business center, if that was the area in the lobby then I wouldn't have been able to work there as the hotel had multiple large events over the weekend and the lobby was busy. Upon check in I wasn't informed where to find anything at all including the elevator... I actually have to fly back to the same area next month- definitely won't use the Sheraton again which is a shame.

The staff was polite, especially the housekeeping they were excellent always attempted to go above and beyond.

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

There used to be restaurants nearby but I didn't see them anymore. We felt your restaurant was more suited for a business traveler, and a bit pricey for our budget (retired folks, sorry).

I liked the location as I used to stay at your site for business about 10-12 years ago. So I was familiar with its amenities. Your hotel was clean and very well kept. We only stayed one night so I did not get a chance to rate any other of the pluses of your location.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Traditional King Room

The wall paper was peeling off in my room. The foul stench in the room was very strong and unbearable. The air conditioner was making a rattling noise every 10-15 minutes! and I could hear a dog barking from a nearby room for most of the night . Horrible experience. I always stay at good hotels but I think the brand name deceived me this time!!!

The breakfast was not included in my rate although it indicatedoes it was at the time of booking, also no microwave or Fridge in room🙁

The shower was good

• Traditional King Room

unfortunately the location is less then perfect,if you have a car then nothing should be to hard, also some better pillows would be nice. ask for extra!!

the room service was quick and friendly.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The overall room appearance was mediocre there was a very large water stain protruding into the main area of the room. There is also a promise my love mildew. The air conditioning would not go past 66. Overall not up to Sheraton standard

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was decrepit and dirty. Sticky carpeting in several places (gross) and stains on the bedskirts. Nicked furniture, damaged chair.

Lobby was attractive and check in was easy and fast. Restaurant was mediocre.

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

No towels in room when we arrived. Has to call front desk to bring towels... something so basic.

Convenient location, parking easy. Overall a good hotel to stay 1-2 nights.

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

I did not like the way in which I was charged. I didn't know I would be charged an additional deposit by hotel upon arrival. There was no microwave or refrigerator in the room and lastly, I wanted to pay cash for the rm as you stated my card elf not be charged. At check out, the charges, including deposit was charged to the card used to just reserve the room. I find that unacceptable and will not be using your services again!

I liked the facility, location and cleanliness.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

• Traditional King Room

For starters, I requested a room with a view and I did not receive one. Our goal was to get out of the city life but the view we had did not help to change that. The pool was horrible. There were black specs floating around in the water with no one to assist. We didn't stay in the pool as long as we would've liked because the black stuff kept popping up. Finally, I paid for my stay in FULL but was "accidentally" charged by the clerk at check-out. He told me I would be refunded but it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

The food and staff were ok, nothing exceptional.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Traditional King Room

No fridge in room which was super annoying. The bathroom smelled like weed. The fitted bed sheets were too small for the bed which made it always come off.

The location of the hotel was awesome. The food was good. The staff was nice and very helpful. Heating and cooling in the room worked very well since there were no windows that could open.

• Traditional King Room

The hotel bathtub was terrible. Went there with my boyfriend in hopes to take a bubble bath. Not only could we not take our bath but we refused to shower in it too.

The hotel check in and out was a breeze. The parking was son convient and hotel was beatiful.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Traditional King Room

The bed wasn't too comfortable and the room was quite small.

Staff were friendly and very helpful. Hotel is located in a good area and extra bonus of free parking.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Club Floor King Room - Non-Smoking

I dislike that u must pay with a card it is st times very inconvenient not everyone has s debit card these days

It was fast to check in and the receptionist was very help full and did her job very well

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• Traditional King Room

We were in a room next to an arguing couple. I called to the front desk to see if they could move us to a different room and they upgraded us to a room with access to complementary services! The staff was amazingly attentive and accommodating!

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Guest services is just non-existent; rude front desk staff that didn't even bother to greet us when we arrived. Saying Good Morning Welcome to the Sheraton shouldn't be that difficult to muster. The entire staff seems put out when you need something. The maid and her cart on guest elevator actually huffed that we wanted to get on the slow elevators after waiting 7 minutes. The restaurant/bar is so poorly staffed and managed. This is my 6th year attending an event held nearby and yet year after year the bar "runs out of glassware" and product -- like they didn't know we were coming. Every room smells musty. The overstuffed chair in our room had rips in it and was worn.

Proximity to event

• Traditional King Room

Room seemed outdated club chair was visibly ripped big TV but remote control didn't operate well

Great staff the woman that checked us in was very pleasant and helpful

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Traditional King Room

We stayed over the Labor Day weekend with a lowered staff and closed restaurants and Starbucks. We had to ask housekeeping for items daily, ie coffee, sugar, etc.

The room was a nice size.

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

It is totally in a Business locality hence evenings are difficult. The Courtesy transportation to the Mall and other close-by places is a saving grace.

Staff are courteous and helpful...but resources for them to help the guests is limited.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Starbucks closed really early at 5:30. Staff at reception were not the friendliest. Restaurant service was poor, but food was good.

Pool, gym. Starbucks on site.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Traditional King Room

Although breakfast was said to be inclued, because it was 3rd oarty booking, they were rude to quickly say" breakfast is never included with booking . Com. I had to pull up the site to prove it was included.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Traditional King Room

No hot water, coffee maker didnt work and they gave me another one that didnt work, also double billed me for both nights and I still have not received the refund.

Browse Sheraton Edison Hotel traveller photo gallery