Reviews of Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel 4 stars

1701 Commerce Street, Downtown Ft. Worth - Sundance Square, Fort Worth, TX 76102, USA

#53 of 90 hotels in Fort Worth

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They booked us in a room someone was already staying in. Gave us keys and everything, we walked in and found a families 5 suitcases and belongings all over the room. I’d be livid if I knew someone else had the keys to my room with all of my things in it.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bed and the pillows were amazing!! The room was perfect and the view was great! We were there for our anniversary, and it also happen to be prom weekend so needless to say....it was a very busy weekend for local hotels. The lady that checked us in was so helpful and went above and beyond to make sure our stay was great!! Thank you Lois!! All of the crew were great, courteous and professional. I would recommend this hotel to anyone whether it be for business or pleasure.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hotel guest on our floor was drunk and loud and the police showed up and they kept us up from about 2:15 AM. The parking structure did not accept my room key, and i had to pay twice for parking. I had my key redone to fix the parking situation and it still did not work.

Good Location

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Parking garage was completely full, when we tried to leave the garage our ticket had to be put into a machine that was trying to charge us $15 for our little tour up and down the garage. Staff walked away from check in desk just as I was walking up to it, didn’t come back or acknowledge me for several minutes. I got a lot of confused questions about my booking and they sort of acted like they didn’t save my reserved room (to be fair, I was trying to check in at midnight). People certainly weren’t going out of their way to treat me like a customer. It was a pretty weird experience.

• Traditional King Room

Room was double booked so someone was already in our room

When the room was double booked..manager Allen was very accomidating with access to the member free breakfast and snacks

We were staying 1 night for my daughter's 14th birthday. My daughter and her friends found a marijuana pipe in one of the drawer's on the furniture that the tv was on. The staff came and got it and apologized and gave us free breakfast. But the room was not as nice as I thought it would be and i was told the people that were staying in the room prior to us had to be removed because they were smoking pot in the room. It was very embarrassing telling the parents of the girls that came with us what had happened. The rooms were not worth the price I had to pay.

The staff welcomed us with a smile and was very helpful.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

It was dark and old and backed into the railway tracks which made it noisy when trying to sleep if I had known I would have asked for a different room

The bed!

• Traditional King Room

parking garage was very tight parking lot across the street was dark/kinda scary room price was kinda high

location room size friendly and helpful staff clean

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Had no idea that parking cost 22.oo a night. That is preposterous. No one in Texas charges for parking. The air conditioner in the room was so loud it woke us up when it kicked on. The breakfast was inconsequential. The internet was not up to par for the Caliber of Hotel I paid for. When I was shocked at the price of parking the person working the reception desk asked “well are u going to take it or not “.

The comforter.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Furniture of the Hotel was a bit old style. Bed confort quite good, however ouside of room (Room no:304) was noisy because of air-conditioner or jenerator outiside of the room.

I didnot have breakfast, I cannot make any comment Location of the Hotel was good, stuff was friendly

• King Room - Disability Access

The hotel is worn down. The facility needs a substantial renovation. Employee moral seems low. I would not stay at the Sheraton Fort Worth again until the above matters are properly addressed.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

room was dusty and dirty, it took forever to get extra towels, electrical wall outlets did not work, check in took awhile due to computer issues

location was good, front desk was helpful with tourism info

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The food at the hotel is not good, and there are no good options within walking distance.

The hotel is clean and easy to get to. The staff is friendly.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Queen Room - Disability Access

I really think that the relation between cost and quality is terrible, it is not a cheap hotel to stay and the rooms are super old, the ceiling finish is tearing off, the furniture is all mixed up, it looks that the room was made with flea market spare furniture, the sound attenuation is really bad, you can hear the neighbors, it smells sometimes. I stayed here because I have been in Sheraton Downtown Dallas and I thought it would be as nice as that one, but not at all.

The coffee service in the room.

• Club King Room

One exception on the room was the air conditioner was very loud. We were out late at an event so didn't bother trying to get it repaired since we were there just one night. The pool is on the first floor close to the lobby so less than ideal if you want to go there in your bath robe but not a massive issue.

The room was quite nice and the breakfast in the Club level was really good. They offered two free bottles of water and one that was for a $3.00 charge so read carefully before you drink one. The room was really big, comfortable bed and very friendly staff all around. It's close to the highway but we couldn't hear traffic and the shuttle driver gave us a drive over to Sundance Square so we only had to take Uber back.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Garden View

The furniture was dusty, the bed was not that comfortable and the pillows were horribly soft/flat

The location was great, parking was easier than expected.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Toilet was not clean and bath tub needs to be deep cleaned or replaced. Carpet in the room also needs to be cleaned. There was what looked like white poweder along the walls/carpet.

• Traditional King Room

When a reservation is made have the room available that you reserved not be told that they don't have a room like you requested but that you can wait a couple of hours and see what they might have open up ???? Then the CSR just walked off. We offered to pay for an upgrade but he just ignored us.

The second customer service clerk, I believe her name was Ashley, was EXCELLENT! The 1st CSR was terrible! Almost left the hotel due to him but gave it a second try and Ashley won us over.

• King Room - Disability Access

No microwave, no breakfast and for the price of the room should have been complimentary, over priced, bed was hard, the shower has “foil tape” to keep pieces in place ( so red neck), parking should be free due to price of rooms (staff removed charges for parking), only wish I had thought of taking pictures to post , Booking.com is a rip off, they up the prices of the rooms and lead you to believe your saving money when you are actually spending more

The rooms were large

• Traditional King Room

DeWayne was awesome in helping us a unique place to eat after 8pm that was not to far away. He was correct! The old train station with apartments is really cool, but one needs to "look" for it.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

cleaning staff took clothes..and no coffee unless you pay for it. Ridiculous. Room comfortable and clean, however. Location good, and concierge was a very nice guy.

zero complimentary coffee!!! Tiny coffee maker in room and for what you pay, no complimentary coffee. You could 'buy' it at the bar. I think that's a small thing to offer customers that makes a huge difference. Also, something was left in the closet in the room...staff cleaned and 'nothing' was found. Went with hanging clothes..didn't take them with me back home..and the only place they could be is there and they denied finding them. terrible.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hotel staffs, 70s room design and condition, a/c, old building, too much dusts in the room, unhealthy air, bit smelly room/carpet, small and outdated bathroom, noisy between rooms, etc.

Nearby downtown amenities

• King Room with Garden View

The bathroom wasn't updated, there were cords and wires stretched across the room-which didn't seem safe, parking was terrible, and the fridge made terrible noises all night.

The bed was quite comfy

• King Room with Garden View

The pool, the bedroom humidity and the wifi shoud be improved.

The bedroom was great with nice view to the water gardens. Breakfast (17 usd) is good. The lobby is really nice. The hotel is near the convention center and you have a free bus to the downtown each 15 minutes. Love the fruit water at the lobby!

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Even as a guest, you pay $15 a night for parking, and even then it was the overflow lot. No free breakfast and the bar tender that also worked as a Starbucks barista refused to make frappucinos and would not clean the steam nozzle for the milk from the previous orders. For the amount of money I spent, I will not rebook at this hotel.

Clean, beds were comfortable and ac was cold.

• Traditional King Room

Our room wasn't cleaned after we were guaranteed a room was ready. Our toilet malfunctioned while we were there.

I liked the location near downtown and the room had what was stated in the booking information.

• Traditional King Room

My room wasn't clean until after 3pm One day the cleaners left body wash, extra towels, shampoo & conditioner, a bottle of water, creamer, equal, and the next day missing

Restaurant Location Staff

• Club Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I arrived and they didn't have my booking and proceeded to tell me they were overfull. After 10 minutes they 'found' a room. Facilities are basic and the restaurant there serves a smaller dinner menu than your room menu.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room noises, not from other guests. Bed squeaked, bathroom door clicked all night long. I also have additional charges on my credit card that I did not incur. Still researching those.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Queen Room - Disability Access

The hotel itself is quite dated. It would be nice to have it remodeled to update the look and feel. A nicer mattress would be great, however it was comfortable. A larger and higher quality coffee machine would be nice.

The staff was excellent, both at the front desk, the room service and the restaurant staff. They all went out of their way to help me, talk with me and offer the best services for the best price. Really amazing people! They let me check in early, changed my room to be the most quiet location with a view of the city. And parking was included. My room had a refrigerator and small coffee machine. The room was huge and I had more than enough space to move around in my room. In the morning I ate my yogurt across the street at the water garden. It was fun to see.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• King Room with Garden View

The cost of the room is expensive but I guess that's because they are located directly in Sundance Square.

The staff was friendly, the food was great, the service was excellent.

• Traditional King Room

Supposed to be an ice machine on our floor, had to request a turn down service on Saturday. Then they came Sunday morning at 9am and tried to clean the room while we were still sleeping.

Great Location, comfortable, very accommodating.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Traditional King Room

There really wasn't anything I didn't like.

Bed was nice a soft and pillows were great. Also, the tap water wasn't terrible. Often in larger cities (particularly in Texas) the water is almost undrinkable.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Looking a little tired now, but that's reflected in the price

Very friendly staff. Excellent bar food. Room was large and comfortable. Ideal location for convention centre and a 10min walk downtown

• King Room with Garden View

Our original view was supposed to face the water gardens and unfortunately they ran out of those particular rooms. However they did upgrade us at no additional charge, but we did end up having a view of the highway.

The bed was very comfy and the room was very spacious

• Club King Room

Not in the main downtown area. Parking garage was under construction. I had to walk quite a ways everyday to my convention events.

Large clean rooms, breakfast buffet and stable wifi

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was dusty and we litterally paid $52 for continital breakfast. What a rip off!! If I would have known we would have gone to a small cafe or a pancake house down the road.

The staff was great and the location was just right.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• King Room with Garden View

No fan in shower, toilet ran unless we jiggled handle each time, the magnifying mirror was falling off the wall in bath, there's a strip of light next to the curtains (that won't fully close) that is amazingly bright in the morning. We propped a pillow there the second night and it was better but not solved. $20 per day parking.

The bed was really comfortable, the room was very clean and quiet and the hotel is close to downtown and cultural district things to do (museums, restaurants and botanic garden). Too far to walk, but a short drive or you can rent a bike closeby. Breakfast was ok, but fresh fruit was ripe and delicious. The sweet cleaning folks kindly waited while we came back in the room for a few minutes after we left. Tall showerhead for my husband over 6 ft tall. Our room was ready early.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bath was not suited to soaking in the tub, and it was peeling slightly. We opted most nights to go without the daily housekeeping but half way through our stay we thought it'd be nice to have a clean up, rubbish bins, emptied, bathroom cleaned, towels replaced. So we did not put out the sign to have our room skipped. We returned from a long day at conference to discover not only had it been missed but we didn't receive a credit for the privilege of being skipped. The pool was a little too cool and the spa too hot! Nearly 40C. The towels at the pool side were very small

The bed and pillows were comfy, the staff very hospitable, wifi was fairly good. The buffet offered a good range of foods. The bar was great.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff were wonderful especially the concierge on duty on the Saturday of our stay. He was so helpful and pleasant. He gave us wonderful advice on where to go and what to see.

• Club Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Did not provide valet. Called front desk for information and they were uninformed and accent was so heavy I could barely understand him.

Beds were comfortable

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• King Room - Disability Access

View from hotel was a train station and old parking lots and NO FREE BREAKFAST!....

Location was great! Valet guys were ALWAYS there to help! LADY BARTENDER was nice and very friendly!

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Garden View

Elevators took forever, but there are a lot of people staying. Snacks in the coffee area were expired, so make sure to check the dates. We purchased several things and they were expired (both fruit cups and starbucks refrigerator drinks). Since we were there for a cheer competition, we were on a tight schedule. The parking garage was full, so we had to park in a back parking lot.... for a $15 per day charge. It had a chain link fence, and I wasn't thrilled to have to park there. But hey, it's downtown so you pretty much have to pay anywhere.

The rooms were clean and spacious. Very comfortable. The in-hotel pizza is AMAZING! we could look out our window and see downtown and the water garden! The common areas, along with each roomside felt safe. The area of town was so quiet! Only randomly would there be a siren. I couldn't hear people outside or next door. Oh, and when you want to go upstairs in the elevator, you have to slide your room key. Don't forget that part, or you'll look like me, wondering why it wasn't going up! Ha! They tell you to slide it, but by the time I got to it.... I forgot. Pretty sure there's even a sign. Lol

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I had to change rooms the tub was nasty. But the staff put me in a nice clean room so I was happy

Staff was so welcoming. Very nice hotel. Bed was so relaxing slept like a baby

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

old property , could use a refresh. Staff were unable to answer pretty basic questions we had about getting around town. For that price it would be nice to have breakfast included. No mini fridge or microwave in the room.

Good location , close to the convention centre and easy to walk around town

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The beds need an upgrade. I woke up every morning with a sore back but I really love everything else about the hotel

Really enjoyed my stay. Everyone was so friendly and the hotel rooms were very clean.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Way overpriced!!! Very disappointed! The sheets didn't even fit the bed properly.... The corners would pop off because they barely went over the edge of the mattress. Have spent 1/2 this $ amount for the Omni Dallas and will most likely just stay there next time...the extra drive is worth it

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

One of the staff was rude when we asked about the shuttle and didn't answer our questions and just walked away and never came back.

Rooms were very clean but didn't smell like the chemical clean you normally smell at hotels. The beds were super comfy and we almost all the staff were nice and polite

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Queen Room - Disability Access

The bathroom and room was too dark. It was hard to see to put on makeup in the morning. Would love to have had an option to turn on overhead lighting in both rooms.

The Staff was awesome and so friendly. If I had a question, they helped me out. The facilities and closeness to the venue I was attending was also great.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Traditional King Room

Not well lit. Staff wasn't there when i arrived at 7pm. No ice machine on my Floor (11th)

Overall Good but not Great. Room comfortable. Parking tight but close to elevator.

• Traditional King Room

We thought the shower and size of the bathroom was sub-par in this hotel. Everything else is great. Not really happy that they charge for Wi-Fi... haven't seen that in a while.

Staff was the best, friendly and very helpful. Best location in Ft. Worth if you take Amtrak into town.

• Traditional King Room

I feel like for the price there should be complimentary breakfast/ parking. Clocks were set to wrong times, bathroom caulking needed touchups.

Location/ sent a bottle of champagne and strawberries for my anniversary which was nice.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Traditional King Room

No Spa, but spa is in the name. No ice on the floor, old bed frames with scratches and chips in the leather headboard. No blow dryer or refrigerator in the room. Most of all had to pay to park in the hotel parking garage!

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Queen Room - Disability Access

Called twice for towels and my husband finally had to hunt down housekeeping to get them. We were not told anything about having to pay for parking upon check in. We learned at check out that there was a $15 a day charge for parking in your parking garage.

The accommodations were fine.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Parking garage elevators not clearly marked. Beds were not comfortable. Linens were stiff and smelled like strong chemicals.

Parking garage for safety.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds with Garden View

The parking garage is too small and they charge to park and there is no valet!! Hotel needs updating!

Location and staff very good! Bed and room size very comfortable! Free shuttle service was excellent!

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No refrigerator or microwave. Bathroom had no exhaust fan. Very old bathtub. Not luxurious at all for the price. No valet parking, but charged $20.00 to park in a gated open parking area. Booked thru Booking.com and when I got to the hotel they could not find my reservation. I had the confirmation printed out.

The beds were comfortable.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Had to pay $15 for parking when there was NO PARKING. NO ONE offered with our bags. Had to take them up to the room and back down to car. Cold water in sink in bathroom was Hot!!! Beds are very hard and uncomfortable.

NOTHING

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The eggs were fine and the bed as well. The people were the best. Of particular note were Jennifer Atwood, Collin Richeson and Andrea Brice. These are amazing people who made my stay great.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

The food is well below average for a hotel of this caliber. The breakfast was dismal and the wait staff very poor. I asked for a refill on my water. And the waitress actually grabbed my glass with her entire hand covering the rim. And when she brought it back the same. Very disgusting. And as the coffee. Bring your own unless you love Starbucks.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

You would expect a high end hotel to have small fridges at least in the rooms. This hotel did not. You had to request a fridge and there were a limited number. I requested a fridge for three days receiving one. The concierge people were nice except for one man who had an attitude. Because I needed a fridge, it was frustrating. There was no complimentary breakfast. There was a little room where you could purchase fruit and yogurt etc. but the items were expensive. The hotel did have a restaurant but everything that I have had included in less expensive hotels cost extra here.

Sheraton was near the convention center and I was able to walk through the wonderful water gardens to go to the convention. It was one of the highlights of the week I was at the convention.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The breakfast was ok but not as good as I remembered the last time I was there. The Bacon was old or something and cooked up bad to the point I could not eat it and I was looking forward to their great breakfast. But the rest of the stay more than made up for that. What a helpful staff.🙂

The staff as usual were great!

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bugs in my room , after seeing 2 or 3..I was very uncomfortable.

It's was dirty, I had several bugs in my room..the room was so uncomfortable I went home due to our stay was due to my air conditioning stop working...sorry it was not worth the money only good thing was the indoor pool..the kids loved that.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Pillows were all soft and there were no firm ones at all!

The staff was superior to any I have witnessed in a long time. THe room was cool, clean and comfortable. The pillows were ok but needed some firm ones as well as soft. Shout out to Roger and DeWayne they were superior to our trip and sooooo helpful. Even the people on Molly the Trolly were funny and accommodating ! Super fun trip

• Reviewed: 21 June 2016

• Traditional King Room

Location was not as close to Sun Dance Square as we would have liked. However a shuttle was provided which was appreciated.

I appreciated the complimentary bottles of water in the room. That makes a big difference!

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I guess the drain pipes are not well maintained. The water draining speed is too slow!

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Overpriced, not great views, paid parking and most of all air conditioning is too loud! The rooms have a nice facade but a bit outdated.

They changed my room from what I had Reserved

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The website reads The Sheraton is in Sundance Square but I was told different once we arrived.

NA

It was well kept.

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

pool was cold no heat light in restroom

Great stuff during breakfasts

Close to water gardens

• Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Mattresses were comfortable and the room was very clean.

• Club Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Not much lighting in the bathroom

Enjoyed the Club room