Reviews of Sheraton Grand Sacramento 4 stars

1230 J Street, Downtown Sacramento, Sacramento, CA 95814, USA

#28 of 78 hotels in Sacramento

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The food and beverages were too pricey. There was no refrigerator in the room, so you had to purchase their food and drinks.

The staff was great. They were so helpful and always smiling. The pillows were the best I have ever slept on.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Family trip planned to visit some local Sacramento attractions. While the Sheraton is a 4star hotel, we felt this location is more like a 3star. Most of the hotel staff were just mediocre and not terribly accommodating. Valet parking was a nightmare - backed up and very difficult to access. The pool is very small.

The beds were comfortable and our departing bell hop was incredibly kind and accommodating.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

A bit pricey. Room service was on time but food was only luke warm and couldn’t eat much til it was cold. Cold hash browns are awful. Too much money with 19% gratuity for food you can’t finish.

Beds are superb. Very clean room. Super kind staff

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

My reservation was wrong, when I checked in they had me down as a single king room which I showed them with my confirmation email was clearly wrong. Luckily, I got there early enough to where they had an ADA room available with two doubles that accommodated us. Unfortunately, another member of our group was not so lucky. Also, hotel staff failed to inform me that I needed a room key to exit the parking garage at the time of check out which caused a delay in leaving.

The bed was very comfortable.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Parking was not free and you had to park across the street and bring your luggage. I stayed in different Sheraton's but to me this one was the last nail in the coffin. Always charging a premium for the brand, while you get a not-so-great experience. Wi-fi used one of those crazy hotel systems and was REALLY slow (2 mbps max). Room walls were thin and you could hear people walking in the hall.

Good location. Room view was nice.

I didn’t like my final bill. My bill was $150 more than when I purchased through the app. It would have been nice to know what additional fees this particular venue had.

It was very clean, good service, nice people. Close to everything. Valet is available or you can self park. Room and bathroom was were up to standard

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was not as comfortable as I thought it would be. It was hard which made it a little difficult to get to sleep.

The room was very clean and quiet. Bottled water was provided in the room daily. The pillows were very soft and comfortable. Room service was excellent and provided very quickly.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Th staff was rude, I checked in early and still didn’t get the rooms I booked, they were not helpful and didn’t even try and accommodate me and my guests and we were late for our event because of the hassle. I needed double beds and only got one bed and had people with no place to sleep

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I have booked double queen room for my family (2+1) but they gave us single king for higher price. I am not sure why I booked this hotel using booking.com. they did not wanted to hear my complains and told me to take it with booking.com. Also - I cannot believe this kind of hotel charge for an internet connection, or maybe I should be surprised they did not charge me for hot water in the bath? strange

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The Hotel had a young girls convention going on... The young ladies ran up and down the hall, yelling, screaming and slamming doors all into the late night... I was wakened at least every 30 min. I tried to get the Hotel Staff to do anything they could, but was told, "What do you want us to do about it, put a hall monitor on all the floors". There was NO concern of any other guests stay in the hotel for a staff to be so RUDE.. I had had enough and could not rest in a room that I paid nearly $200.00 for and got up at 3 a.m. to shower and CHECK OUT... Turned on the "HOT" water and only COLD... NO HOT WATER AT 3:00 A.M.... I will think twice about staying at this Hotel... I stayed there 5 other times....

Clean and nice....

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I was very unhappy with Booking.com. I reserved 2 double rooms online via booking.com. When I arrived I had been booked into 2 kings. This did not work because the four of us could not share beds. I was told that when I booked through the 3rd party (booking.com). I am not guaranteed a double room. This is misleading. I would not book through booking.com again because I can't trust that I will get what I reserved and pay for. Very disappointed.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Pay TV was down, but not that important.

Oatmeal was perfect. View was great. Staff were friendly. But most of all, everyone loved my miniature poodle (including staff).

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Elevators were so slow. Anime convention brought in large groups of people. The elevator would stop on every floor. It would take 10 min for an available elevator to arrive. There were 4 elevators and only 3 were in operating order.

Clean rooms

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Besides the light at the door, there were only two lamps in the room, a small desk lamp and a lamp between the beds and it was not that bright. The room could use more lighting.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Room decor is a bit dated: I found dark green wallpaper and a framed photo in the bathroom very puzzling. I guess it tries to follow the grandeur of the impressive lobby, but I prefer simpler style in the rooms.

The very comfortable bed and functional bathroom made our brief stay very pleasant. The hotel is a good base for visiting vibrant downtown area with many nice restaurants nearby.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Lots of cigarette butts and discarded drinks in the planter garden out front that we found pretty disgusting. And despite booking a room with two beds, you gave us a room with one. It was corrected, but don't appreciate the hassle.

Close to the theatre

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Usually I cannot stay enough great things about the Sheraton Grand, this time this visit it was a swing-and-a-miss. Really sorry to say it. It was not the standard of stay that I am used to.

The location is always nice and the beds are very very comfortable

No mini fridge, wallpaper was peeling, door handle in the bathroom was detached from door, trashcan next to elevator was left overflowing and on floor for 2 days. Homeless people were sleeping outside the doors to the hotel.

Great view of the city from the room.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

For the price of that room, breakfast should have been included. There was no difference between this hotel and other ones half that price. Definitely wasn't worth it to "splurge" & get a room at the Sheridan.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The outdoor pool located outside the gym is too small. It is not possible have the view of the city from the pool area.

Great view of the city from the window and extremely comfortable bed for a good night sleep

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

We were attending her nephews wedding Saturday 9-23-2017 and needed two nights. My mother is disabled. She is 90 year old and needs oxygen. We had to bring her oxygen machines and a breathing treatment machine along with her cpap machine. I let the hotel know about her condition and the difficulty is moving to another hotel but we were given no consideration! they only cared about increasing the price over 200%.

Shower had mildew on back wall tiles. I let the maid know. I booked a room for Friday night 9-22-17 in mid August. There was no room available for Saturday. I was told to call in daily to ask if there was a cancellation. Some time around Sept. 15th, a room became available for Saturday 9-23-17. The room cost was gauged dramatically to $393.00 a night. ! We believe this is outrageous! We will not stay at a Sheraton again.

the parking cost

I think if you pay decent money for a room you should NOT have to pay for parking as well. It should be included. I was very disappointed to have have to pay an additional $25 for the parking garage.

To upgrade we had to take a lower floor so view wasn’t as good but no real complaints

It was for my daughters wedding night and they gave a free upgrade to a suite for them. They loved it

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Room was quiet and peaceful. It had everything we needed. Elevators were plentiful and efficient. Staff was friendly and handled everything right away. Valet service couldn't have been easier and we could take our car in and out as often as we wanted for no extra charge. Restaurant services were designed to accommodate the business friendly environment and functioned efficiently.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The service was excellent. We were upgraded because Booking.com gave us the wrong room. Instead of getting a two room suite, we ended up with two hotel rooms. When one of the rooms wasn't ready, the bellman said he would take care of it, and take care of it, he did. The parking attendants also retrieved our car for us when they saw us in the lobby, so it was already on the way when we walked out and requested it. Besides that, the hotel is a nice, standard hotel. Not super fancy, but comfortable.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Bad hotel manager communication who calls police and throw the kids 18 year old out of the hotel without contacting the parents because they were throwing water out the window on the street. I know this is not done from the kids but calling the SFPD? And kick them out at 23:00h? Get real!

Parking across the street was a bit difficult.

It was a pleasant stay, the bed was comfortable, the room was clean. We didn't have much contact with the personnel.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Only minor inconvenience was that the parking garage for the hotel is across the street and not directly attached to the hotel.

Very comfortable, clean, modern rooms. Great location, walking distance to downtown and midtown.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Parking was very expensive - either valet or you had to park over a block away in a parking structure. room was alittle noisy and it was hard to get the air conditioner to work in over 100 degree weather. I went down the street to eat and have a drink (at another hotel) was much better.

Beds were very comfortable, it was convenient to getting to the Convention center. clean, friendly.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

It is about 30 minutes to walk to the River Front area. I walked to the River Front during the day and stayed until after dark. I took an Uber back to the hotel because the number of homeless people in the area didn't make me feel as safe at night. HOWEVER, if your main destination is the State Capitol Building and the grounds, then this is the perfect location.

Clean, luxury accommodation that I booked at a discount

Almost

The Receptionist of the hotel is not honest, he didn't explain or cheated me when I ask about the breakfast at the hotel. He ask me to upgrade the room with $46/day and it us will be included breakfast but I was charge for the breakfast. The reason is I was used breakfast on second floor not on tha lounge which I was not explained before. I lost my credit card thêre but no one try to help

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The area was messy towels leftover. Pool small pool area very small. Had breakfast at Morgan's restaurant service was very poor. Did not have coffee refill for ever did not have water relflled food just ok staff ignored us. Staff not friendly always in a hurry.

Was able to check in early

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

There was a remodel of the front desk area but the temporary desks worked fine. Just did not get to experience the Grand feeling upon entering.

This hotel is within walking distance of the Community Center and the Theater. Many restaraunts and bars also. The staff was extremely helpful with directions, baggage and check-in/out. Nice bar facing the street with multiple beers on tap. We did not eat here but the dining area is large and nice looking. More on the cafe style side. There is a lounge area also where one can sit and enjoy a drink, snack and the view of J Street.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I paid for a room with 2 doubles but they said Booking. Com had requested a king. We did work it out but had to insist. Greatly Grand

Helpful and friendly staff, very nice atmosphere. It's an old hotel but they have redone it very nicely. Beautiful bar and leisure area. So convenient to downtown area

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Club Double Room

Beautiful room and beds on a "private" floor. The complimentary buffet breakfast was excellent. We had a problem checking and the staff couldn't have been more caring or accomodating. They even sent a complimentary bottle of champagne to the room because of the issue which really wasn't their fault.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Bell hop service was deplorable. Because I was self parking, they would not assist me and my wife with our baggage. We were staying four nights so, there was a bit. In the end the on duty manager had to come from behind the check in desk and assist us.

Bed was very comfortable. Room was spotless. Staff were great, front desk and housekeeping,that is.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Room smelled bad. Was bummed there was nowhere to put hanging or lock up valuables. Really expected these most simple amenities with a two hundred dollar room

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

• Club Double Room

Our keys didn't work twice to get up to the club level. Couldn't our entire team on the same floor. One peer hot stuck on the elevator. The bedding was dirty upon arrival and needed to be changed out.

Proximity to our conference

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Overpriced for what you get. Free wifi is a standard in hotels these days. A refrigerator is standard in rooms these days. 4$ for a cup of coffee is outrageous.

I can't think of anything.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I wouldn't change a thing

The bed was like sleeping in the clouds... So comfortable we never wanted to get out of bed. We were there for the Easy Rider motorcycle show across the street, location was perfect. Hotel was a perfect 10!

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Club Double Room

The first issue was that we were put into a room with one king size bed, instead of the two queens we had requested. When I asked the front desk, the receptionist claimed it was what the reservation said, even though I showed her my reservation confirmation that had two beds. More importantly though, the room itself had problems. First, the room was designed so the bathroom door opened into the front door, necessitating the bathroom door to always be closed. Second, the toilet seat would not stay up. Not really a problem for a woman, but very annoying for a man staying in the room. Lastly, and most importantly, the doors/walls of the room were paper-thin. We could hear every conversation, door closing, and movement in the hallway. That made it tough for sleeping when anyone returned to their room late at night. Despite the convenience of the hotel, we'd likely look elsewhere next time given the higher cost of the room (and the additional charge of $20/day for self-parking).

Room was generally nice and clean as was the lobby area. Well-located in downtown Sacramento.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The pillows were too soft. A place that good should at least offer firm pillows to those who would prefer that option.

The bed was fantastic. The rooms were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Noisy. A little insulation between rooms and other rooms, rooms and hallways needed. Common area really noisy. Please supply suggested running/walking routes for the area. Or an art walk map.

Friendly staff. Close to capitol and convention center. Easy walk to a variety of restaurants.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was extremely accommodating. Even allowing me to remove one day of my reservation because the extremely generous late checkout allowed me enough time to finish the marathon, get showered and make my early evening flight. Wow. This was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Trash from prior guest was left behind chair in corner

Clean, well appointed rooms; conveniently located across the street from Convention Center, short walk to Starbucks, restaurants/bars, CVS. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The very noisy vending machine in the hallway was a nuisance (we felt sorry for the people in the room next to it), and the fact that roomservice forgot about our breakfast order.

Good location, good beds, nice and quiet room, and helpful and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

• Club Double Room

Had to change rooms and card key also got swapped. Since it had been changed we were not able to eat breakfast like we originally planned on the 10th floor.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

You have to pay for wifi but they gave it to us complementary which was an added bonus.

Perfect location to walk around midtown. The staff was friendly and efficient.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Common areas are outdated looking. No refrigerator in the room and none available, price way too high for content, not enough shampoo/soap in the room and of just average quality, Internet at this price point should be free, parking too expensive for the neighborhood and poorly lit/unsafe feeling for female guests.

Property location and layout has a lot of unrealized potential.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel tried to put us in one king bed room when we booked one with two double beds. At first they didn't want to honor our reservation but were convinced to honor once I showed my booking. We weren't able to check in until 6:30 due to cleaning of room. When we finally got the room keys, there was a huge conference or group returning and the elevators were completely full and busy for an hour to get up to our room on the 18th floor, I've never seen anything like it. There were no clear occupancy limits listed on the elevator, so people kept trying to pack in causing the elevator to stall in a terrifying fashion and go back to ground floor. I feel there should have been some intervention from the hotel staff as things started getting mob scene scary, people shrieking in the elevator, etc. In the room itself, the bathroom smelled funky and the sheets had makeup and stains on them. Sticky areas on carpet.

Room was nicely appointed, some staff was friendly, location was central.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Squeaky bathroom door disturbed people trying to sleep. Nice view from room but very dirty window from the exterior . No bathroom fan . Unable to access wifi from room with access codes so had to go down to lobby.

Very comfy bed. Quiet.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The only problem that we had is that we were told there was a 3 pm checkin time and we let the front desk staff know that we had to leave for a wedding at 4 pm and we really needed the room at 3 pm and I felt they did nothing to assure this would happen we had to get ready in my parents room. When we left the hotel at 4 pm the room was still not ready, which meant we had to transfer all of our luggage to our room at midnight after the wedding when we were tired after a long day. Very disappointing.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Conventions made the lounge overcrowded and was understaffed for the amount of customers. Our server, Erin did a fabulous job despite working solo.

Emplyees were very friendly and bed was amazing!

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

paid way to much with booking.com. ( friend got same room for $135 by going directly with hotel, we paid $250 with no breakfast.) Sheraton did not offer room service, staff could barely speak English, and customer service was non-existent. Ill never use booking.com or stay at the Sheraton ever again. thanks booking.com!

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Mattress was worn out and definitely needed to be changed. My wife and I both came to the same conclusion but to tired to complain after a long day. We both agree, we did not get a good night sleep for the two nights stayed. Also, did not feel safe after dark walking the streets.

Front desk and valet personnel.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

cleaning lady started cleaning before I vacated room even though I told her I had a late check out.

Comfortable bed, quiet clean room. staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

A litter noisy in the AM but I had to get up anyway. I could hear the garbage trucks

Location was perfect for me. My class was in the next building and I could leave my car while i was in my class

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

PARKING I didn't know where to park my car I parked next door at a parking garage and over night I had to pay A lot for parking

Very nice hotel very clean and friendly staff I loved that it was downtown

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Would have been better if we had gotten the room we booked which was a double and they gave us a king. So we had to have a roll-a-way bed for one of us to sleep in. Plus there is no fridge or microwave in the room.

The room was clean and right across the street from the convention center we were at during the day. The staff was really nice and very helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Pool was too packed

Walked into a room with one king bed and I requested two doubles. Staff immediately corrected issue and was incredibly nice about it. Other hotels have made it seem like mistakes like this are my fault and give me not a pleasant service. Thanks to team for being so nice and on top of their game

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Check in was slow due to 20 Sacramento Kings cheerleaders checking in ahead of us, and only 2 people at the front desk to process check-ins. (I know, there are worse things to complain about.) Hotel manager was thoughtful enough to comp us for the night on valet parking due to the long wait.

Super clean rooms, look brand new. Great location. My wife and I came for a romantic weekend getaway from SF. Lots of things to do, all within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

We booked a room with 2 beds and when we checked in they gave us a room with a king size bed. The person on staff told me I was not guaranteed 2 beds because I didn't book directly through the hotel. Eventually, he changed us to a room with 2 beds.

Very comfortable beds and pillows. Nice view from the 26th floor.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I requested a room with 2 full beds, however when I checked in and went up to my room there was only one king bed. I called the front desk and they said that because I booked through a third party I was not guaranteed the room I requested.

Excellent location! We were able to walk everywhere.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Parking was expensive at $20/day across the hotel. Waited more than 10-15 mins to check in, there was only 1 person on the desk.

Bed in good shape (although the pillows are too soft for me esp I have neck issues). I was accommodated when I asked for a room with a view. Facilities are clean, good location. Will definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The staff, location and room are amazing. We got upgraded to an amazing room on the 25th floor as soon as they found out it was my Boyfriend's birthday. Really amazing experience. Love this hotel!

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Parking is inconvenient and they have glitches with their computer system. There is a parking structure across the street, so you have to carry all of your stuff from your car across the street to the hotel. You can park temporarily in front of the hotel in order to unload - but the valet staff holds onto your keys while you unload. I have no idea why they do this - but I don't like it. Then my room key card didn't work to open the gates to enter or exit the parking facility. I told this to the staff members - but the key card still wouldn't work. The parking attendant had to communicate by phone to the registration desk, making me wait for 10 minutes at the gate before I could exit the parking structure. Maybe it doesn't affect the big picture, it is still a nice hotel - but it does take points away from the quality of your stay when they make you arrive late to your destination.

The hotel was nice, as expected of the Sheraton chain. Room was quite nice.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Club Double Room

Paid premium for a "club room" with 2-queen beds via Booking.com. There was no such thing when checked in. Sheraton only had 2-double beds or 1-king options. The double beds were too soft.

everything was as expected for a 4* hotel.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

No refrigerator in the room.

Staff greeted us in lobby and were very helpful. Great bar area to relax at in the evening. Easy in and out with valet parking.

It’s the noise!

The location is right off downtown Sacramento.

Less expensive

Comfortable accommadations

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The staff wasn't as welcoming!

The beds were super comfortable & the room was extra clean!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

No microwave or small refrigerator in room.

Very comfy bed and lots of pillows!

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Beds were not that comfortable

Price