Reviews of Sheraton Gunter Hotel 4 stars

205 East Houston Street, San Antonio, TX 78205, USA

#144 of 301 hotels in San Antonio

Convienient to the Majestic Theater where we saw Joe Bonamassa and to quality restaurants.
    • King Room - Disability Access

We had to see to getting our room cleaned when we were away from it from 7:30 a.m. until 2:30pm and it didn't get cleaned. Who thought it was a good idea to cover the Italian (Venice I think) chandeliers? This is a bad choice they need to be seen. Bathroom needs updating.

Martin the concierge was very helpful making dinner reservations at Bohannans and Acensar. The maid (Diane) I grabbed in the hall when our room didn't get cleaned was helpful even though it wasn't her assigned room We were upgraded to a club level room. Very Nice.

Nightmare on Houston Street
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

Peeling wallpaper, smelled musty, a.c. vents dirty, shower head not secure. Taking a shower with sporadic hot and cold water. My view had a collection of filth and AC units. Bed was not comfortable. Also every time I spoke to someone about my booking it was like they were put out because I did it through booking.com and not directly to them. I was cut off conversation and told to have a nice day. Watch out for hidden charges. $50.00 hold charge if you use a credit or debit card. Valet parking costs $$ and driver was upset because I did not tip him. What I thought was a great deal at 150.00 the stay ended up costing $232.

Close proximity to theaters and river walk. Lobby was nice but street people cut through lobby.

Location was great.

Elevators need some attention. Valet took forever to bring my vehicle around. Hotel decor needs to get updated. Couldn't get front desk to pickup even after numerous rings.

Location was great. Great value, will stay there again. Restaurant was excellent.

Great stay except the breakfast
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

One of our room keys didn’t work. When I booked the room, it said free breakfast, but breakfast for 4 cost us $60, and they tried to charge us both in the restaurant and during check out. Valet parking costs $32 for one night, and finding the parking area took several loops around the block because it’s not well marked.

Cool, comfortable room and beds. Great location close to the river Walk. Pool has a small area for little kids.

• King Room - Disability Access

The price was high for what I could have gotten ,and it needs updates paint ,carpet furniture ,and wall hangings,,I bet you would have more business

Valet was awesome ,staff awesome .location awesome

Yuck, don’t stay here unless you get a bargain price
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was small. The bed was uncomfortable. I requested foam pillows and they were not provided. I asked for a view and our window looked out onto the wall of another wing of the building and the air conditioning equipment. The handles in the bathroom at the sink and the tub were difficult to move and not well installed. The toilet was an industrial type which could only be flushed by closing the lid. It was an unpleasant experience and I paid $400 for the room which was way overpriced for what we got

It was downtown

Great location off the river walk and across the street from...
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

Bed was uncomfortably hard and there was no hot water in the shower

Great location off the river walk and across the street from the Majestic Theater. Very convenient access to both

The hotel was very comfortable, location was ideal being in...

While on our way out during the second day of our stay, we asked for housekeeping to clean our room while we were gone. However when we came back after 4 hours we realised no one had bothered to clean the room.

The hotel was very comfortable, location was ideal being in the heart of downtown San Antonio.

Hotel was a bit grunchy.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was not properly cleaned. Found long hairs on the bathroom towels and hair pins on the floor. The floors were sticky. The walls in the hallways were worn. Need a paint job. Parking was expensive. $32 is too much.

Great stay
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The remote to the TV did not work and jad a slow drain in the shower. Let the front desk know neither was fixed but I do know someone looked into.

The beds were comfortable,clean.

Good but not extraordinary.

Wifi is free with limited speed rate. It's only enough to view website but watching videos is difficult. You gotta pay extra money to have access to good wifi network. This I don't like.

would has been awesume had i not been double billed
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The fact I was double billed and that was the money we planed on using for our mini vacation. I am still fighting to get reimbursed for the second 243.00 I was told would be released and still hasn't been returned to my account.

Price was very fair.

The perfect home away from home!

That I had to pay $32 for hotel parking😒

I felt very at home, more like a mini home than a hotel, the bed was perfect, the pillow were soft and the comforter was just right. Amenities were great! And we were close to everything downtown!!!the staff was super friendly!!! Defined will stay again!

Great overall stay despite the room service
    • Historic 1909 Room, One Queen Bed

Customer service of room service. My food was brought to me soggy because it was wrapped up, and there was no effort to compensate me back for that nor ask me if I wanted an alternative at no charge. Older hotel too, nothin. There is modern.

Great location to the river walk! Beautiful lobby.

Perfect location for Cocktail Conference events.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Bathroom lighting is an issue with no separate lighr in tub area. Other light wakes others in room.

Pulp coffee and Licor 43 in hotel nice plus Saturday am.

Comfortable beds. Small showers. Overpriced Valet
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The shower was really small. It is not made for anyone over 5 foot. The valet is over priced. Just to stay a weekend you pay 100$ to valet your car.

The beds were very comfortable.

I STAY EVERY YEAR AND HAVE SINCE 1987 I USUAlly invite 3-4 other couples and pay for their rooms and
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

COULD HAVE HAD MORE FRUITS AT BREAKFAST AND BETTER ARTISIAN ROLLS OR BREADS. BUT THAT WAS VERY MINOR THERE WERE PLENTY ITEMS TO EAT AND PRICE WAS VERY REASONABLE. WAIT STFF WAS NEW BUT VERY ACCOMODATING.

THE STAFF IS ALWAYS THE BEST FOR ME THE BAR IS BEAUTIFUL AND THE MUSIC WAS GOOD I LOVE THE GUNTHER AND STAY THERE EVERY YEAR IN DECEMBER. THE RESAURANT WAS GOOD BUT HE FOOD WAS BETTER LAST YEAR AT THE BREAKFAST BUFFET

Bellhop very helpful and front desk staff very friendly.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Were in the VIP lounge having some drinks and enjoying our stay and night Manager was like a Hawk eyeballing everyone. Very uncomfortable situation..

Bellhop very helpful and front desk staff very friendly.

I loved this Hotel!
    • Traditional Double Room

The hotel is in a great location. The hotel has some great history so when you stay take the time to learn about that. I loved the hotel lobby. The beds are comfortable. The bakery has some delicious treats. It is also doggy friendly which is important for my family. They do not charge for your dog which is wonderful!

We would stay there again. They exceeded our expectations.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

The hotel was going to charge $38/day to park the car, but there was a public garage across the street available at $11/day. Very convenient and saved us some money.

We had a problem with the Thermostat, so we called the front desk and someone was sent immediately(within a minute or two) to fix the problem.

The bartender was very helpful and friendly.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The water pressure in the shower could be improved.

The bartender was very helpful and friendly. We enjoyed a bottle of wine at the bar which carried over to dinner, which was an excellent excellent burger. The room was very comfy especially the beds. We also had the frittata for breakfast and it was delicious as well. Would definitely stay here again.

Historic stay in wonderul SA!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Wifi was awful, the room decor did not reflect the rich history of this hotel. Did not match the wonderful lobby and second floors.

Location, lobby, low rate, great cheap parking all around the hotel. Close to riverwalk, theatres, and Travis Park.

👍

Parking is expensive but there is other parking in the area.

Great location there was a ton of things to do in the walking distance. The staff was great they made sure we had everything we needed and even texted me thing to do and answered questions through text. I have no complaints about my stay.

The Denson Visit

Truly loved the hotel, the historic of the building was so amazing.

Custmor Service / the staff goes an extra mile to assure your visit is well obtained.

Over all the stat was very good.
    • Traditional Double Room

Our keys did not work as we call front desk for help we waited 18 minutes and no one came do I went to the front desk and the staff was able to help. They did show up after I returned to the room with h a working key.

The room and location as well as the restaurant.

Pleasant hotel stay ruined by poor valet service and hotel’s lack of responsibility

Valet broke key fob (remote). Manager on duty filed report only to have insurance say they were not responsible. Hotels insurance has been unresponsive regarding claim. Have not been able to get it fixed or replaced.

Centrally located downtown

Good location, great staff, nice lobby.
    • Historic 1909 Room, One Queen Bed

Air conditioning was quite loud and needed to be on constantly to maintain a comfortable temperature. Eventually adapted to it, was able to sleep and it became like white noise, but the noise itself was unsettling. Not the hotel’s fault, but the 17% tax is not included in the booking.com reservation confirmation. It’s hidden in the small print. Had we known the true price we’d end up paying it would have put the hotel out of our budget and we would probably have booked something else.

All the staff were friendly and helpful. Delayed luggage from our airline was delivered direct to our room. The lobby is nicely decorated. The location is perfect for exploring downtown San Antonio. Walking distance to most all of the local attractions.

Good but lots of waiting during stay.
    • Historic 1909 Room, One Queen Bed

It took almost 45 minutes to get car valet parked and another 40 minutes to get it back when we checked out. It was super busy at the restaurant so no tables available there or in the bakery. We stood and waited for almost 30 minutes to get food to go. Busy is good but bring in more staff if you know it is going to happen. Everyone we talked to knew the next day was going to be crazy as well. Bathroom could have been cleaner but the rest of the room was good. Loved the noise maker machine. Didn't hear a thing and we were right by the elevator.

Location is Perfect, but expected more of the Hotel

Rooms were odd proportions. Double Double was massive, but with only a foot on each side of the beds - difficult to get in and out. King room was really small. Baths were pointless, just get rid of them and have a decent shower. No fridge in the rooms was disappointing. One room wasn’t ready at 3pm despite check in starting at 3. Had to wait until 4pm. TV menus were antiquated, modern TVs are much better

Location to San Antonio was great

The valet was amazing.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The front desk staff was rude to my friend when checking in. However the night staff manager made it up to us with free breakfast.

The valet was amazing. Terrence. He went above and beyond

It’s a nice looking hotel but because of the staff I wouldn’t go back.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The front desk employees were not the best. They all seemed to have an attitude, which I didn’t like especially when checking out. During checkout I explained to the front desk lady that upon arriving we asked one of the valley drivers was parking for guest $32 a day and he said no it’s free for guest, the girl proceeded to laugh and say “all parking in downtown is paid not free” instead of explaining it in a nice way, she had an attitude as it was add the laughter in my face wasn’t appropriate. If I knew this we would have parked elsewhere for less, we walked everywhere because the parking in the downtown San Antonio area is ridiculously expensive but you can find cheaper parking than $32 a day. Then housekeeping did a bad job cleaning our room the beds were poorly made and the trash was left in the hallway I could of done that. The bar in the hotel closed at 10pm I think we couldn’t get a drink at the bar. I was charged a dollar per color copy I made that I needed this was the first time I have ever come across this and the internet access in the lobby was free for only 45 minuets.

The hotel is nice, the old fashioned look was right up my alley. The bellhop guys were super informative and nice.

reasonable for the price
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

the room temps were kept too cold

older hotel that has been updated, pleasant staff for the most part. walking distance of everything you want to see and do downtown.

Beautiful hotel, great location, exceptional staff!
    • Club King Room

The hotel itself is just beautiful. The staff is exceptional! From the moment we arrived to the Gunter, Zabrina Martinez made us feel welcome. We'll be back for sure!

The property has a rich history. The rooms were clean.

Mis information, i thought it could do better in providing amenities, and one of our bookings was not found. Our room was very small and not what i expected for paying a hire rate than a second roo, that we had booked for family.. My booking had said that breakfast was included, however it turned out that it was not. I expected more from this property for the prestige. Staff was kind, but could do better in making me feel welcomed.

One staff member at reception / concierge check in was...
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

One staff member at reception / concierge check in was wonderful, the other was apathetic and not apologetic that our room wasn't ready half an hour after check-in time

For the price, not entirely worth it
    • Historic 1909 Room, One Queen Bed

The room was quite small for the value and the air conditioning was not working properly. We called the maintenance man and all he did was point around telling us what the temperature in the room was and not actively solve the problem. The front desk did comp us breakfast (no contintental breakfast for free??) which did lessen the impact of waking up sweaty in our rooms.

i will not stay at this hotel again even if is free
    • Historic 1909 Room, One Queen Bed

It was a bad experience we had two nights stay we got there at 130 am took showers and realize water all over the restroom almost to the room we hated it but we spend that nights and the next morning we just had to go...I call the front desk no body answer... came down stairs and realize that they had no more rooms... they had given us a handicap room and seems that they couldn't help due to the fact that we reserve thru booking.com they wont cancel that second night for the same reason.. we spend the second night on a better hotel.

The room was very nice - comfy beds, spacious room.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The vanity area of the bathroom was really uncomfortably tight, making it quite unpleasant. Very odd for the room to be so nicely designed everywhere else & then so stupidly designed there! My daughter & I are small, & it was hard for us, so can't even imagine how a larger person could manage!

The room was very nice - comfy beds, spacious room.

It was not a pleasant stay in my room.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bed had wet sheets and conforters like if taken out of the dryer to soon. My room was too noisy. I could here babies and kids crying and yelling. And there was a big dog in the room a cross mine which was unattended and kept barking and whining loud all the time.

Enjoyed it and would stay again

No fitted sheet on the bed so the bedding would move at night at made it uncomfortable. Also no kettle available.

Good location, near good bars and restaurants and the boardwalk

Good.
    • Historic 1909 Room, One Queen Bed

The parking lot is very expensive, even when you're a client, first hotel where the parking lot is charged to its guests. Also, the air conditioner was warm in the night.

The bed was confortable, and the hotel is very well ubicated.

The employees are helpful, but the amenities are a bit lacking.

The toilet style and it clogged easily. Also the room entry cards kept failing. Parking is too expensive. No refrigerator in the room.

The restaurant patio and restaurant.

I would rate the stay on the low end of fair...
    • Historic 1909 Room, One Queen Bed

I did not like the location of my room. I was on the side where the pool is located. You can hear a lot of noise from the guest that were at the pool. I was on the 5th floor and it sounded like they were standing right outside of the window. A lot of street noise as well. There was also hair on the bathroom floor. Bathroom was not clean.

I liked the location being close by the Riverwalk.

Don't always think the brand means a certain standard everywhere you stay
    • Historic 1909 Room, One Queen Bed

The room was well used , with damaged light shades and the toilet was dirty with paint on mirror, fan covered in dust / fluff,grime around fittings, even the floors in the escalator had been grouted and were dirty,couldn't believe it for a hotel using the Sheraton name. Disbelief/ shocked is only way I could describe it, as staff were great

The location was good, and the people working there were great

It was a good what I wanted relaxing , shopping for my wife places was easy to find gps😁
    • King Room - Disability Access

More amenities maybe free chips soda peanuts the water was free candy peppermints free cookies bake cookies popcorn things that are not so expensive people and kids will grab it and eat it it won't be wasted these are little things but they go a long

The bed was nice and cozy the room temperature excellent I wish there were more free amenities it was all so easy location to get in and out valet parking Gas Works excellent I like how the entryway was spacious and elegant we would love to book this place again and the water in the shower was excellent super hot relaxing almost forgot about the super large TV screen excellent

Rooms were smelling too much of chlorine, there were no air...
    • Traditional Double Room

Bathrooms and the foul smell in the room.

Rooms were smelling too much of chlorine, there were no air fresheners in the room, A/C was not helping as well . Bathrooms are really old , broken bath tubs too.

Well worth the money and staff were very friendly and accommodating.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Directions a little confusing with Mapquest since the streets are under construction. Not the fault of the hotel though.

The bed was super comfy and room was very clean.

better than most, but not as good as some

there were only 2 working elevators, which made checkout a huge pain in the butt. we have a stroller with a 4month old and a bunch of stuff that we had to carry. had to wait over 30min for an elevator due to the traffic and only 2 of the elevators in operation.

staff was super nice. the valet was super helpful with where to go and where I can park when I go there.

Very nice!!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No refrigerator nor microwave A/C wasn't cooling too good. I'm not use to city noise, so I put a fan app on my phone to drown out noise

Beautiful. Friendly people. Easy access to everything. I like all the outlets for iPhones. Coffee maker

Overall, we had good experience at the hotel!
    • Historic 1909 Room, One Queen Bed

The breakfast inside the hotel $15 per person was not worth it and the eggs, potatoes and pancakes was terrible!

The staff at the hotel were extremely friend and professional and knowledgeable and the hotel was clean and nice for being an old hotel!

Customer service is horrible. Will not stay here again

Customer service was horrible. No help to unload/load luggage to room. Elevators not working,told manager about it and said would call engineer. Next day got stuck on 4th floor for 20 min. Had to wait for the one elevator out of the 3 working, they didn't put a sign on elevator stating elevator was not working. Hotel needs some tlc, tub paint was chipping, toilet was leaking, a/c was loud and hummid. Closet are small, couldn't hang my family clothing. Rooms weren't properly cleaned by house keeping, beds were barely made with not much effort to look sharp. Definitely would not stay here ever again.

Lobby

Great location and very friendly staff!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The pool could use a major upgrade. It's small and old. The first time we went, there weren't enough chairs for most of the people out there. The next time, I was able to snag one but It was very uncomfortable. If you're out there with only a couple adults it's not terrible but if there is even one kid it's miserable... it's such a small space that it's like putting a bull in a china shop.

Great location! My husband was on crutches but luckily everything we wanted to do/see was within a couple blocks. They have an onsite restaurant, bar and coffee shop with very friendly staff. The room was much bigger than expected and the beds were delightful! The bathroom was a little smal but sufficient and the water pressure was the best I've seen at a hotel. I had read a lot of reviews/complaints about the price of valet parking but that's the average price of hotel parking in that area, plus there is cheaper parking right across the street that is available. We were there for 4th of July weekend and the staff had information about all the festivities for travelers. One great thing we noticed was how quiet it was in the rooms., either we were on a quiet floor or there were thick walls.

It was dog friendly and the valet personnel were super nice.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

All the elevators should have worked. I didn't mind taking the freight elevator but one of the staff tried to stop me so we had to get that straightened out with a manager. He was nice about it. I didn't like being right above the pool area. Prior to arriving I didn't know parking was 32.00 a day, however it worked out.

It was dog friendly and the valet personnel were super nice. The location was close to a park.most of the staff were very helpful and positive. The housekeeper was wonderful.

Don't make it your 1st choice

The floors were unlevel, the bathtub ceramic was coming off. There is no free coffee in the lobby and over all not worth what I paid for it. Won't stay there again.

There was nothing that stood out as exceptional. It was just ok.

Nice folks during check in
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

Nice folks during check in I am giving a higher rating than I recall the hotel being simply because ultimately, after a bit of a work on the phone, they helped me correct my own mistake - I left a charger in the room for my new computer. We sent them a shipping label and it eventually made it back, it was sent later than discussed but, hey, I should not have left it in the first place. Just in S.A. for 14 hours, this was a fine place to crash, room was dark and quiet and cool, contrary to what it sounds like, I do not sleep best upside down in closet, nice bed, pillows - bath - done.

Great stay at Sheraton Gunter Hotel
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Wished there was somewhere closer for the dogs to go outside. Liked the pool but wish the clorine was a little lower and the pool was a little bigger! Thought parking rates of $32 per day was a little steep.

We loved the pet friendly floor. It was awesome!

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

see above

we were just above the air conditioner and it was loud. if we stayed again we would make sure we were away from the air conditioner. This was our second trip. the first was better.

location the staff on the mail floor the old building had class

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

The check in staff was very accommodating.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was no room fridge.

The check in staff was very accommodating. Also, Raymundo at the restaurant was absolutely wonderful. I'd come back just to appreciate his service.

Find somewhere else.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

This is one of the oldest buildings in San Antonio and it shows. The rooms are non smoking but there was a weird smell in mine. The since was wiped off but not clean. I could still get dirt off the sink. The elevators worked but their inspections were expired by a week or two. My bathtub did not drain properly. They did not vacuum the halls everyday so it looked dirty. For over $150 a night I expect a lot out of a hotel and this one did not deliver.

They had a nice breakfast. Even bacon on Friday morning.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Near to the Riverwalk
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

As guest of the Hotel we had to pay 2 days for parking. We arrived very late in the afternoon and we left the next morning. Flush was extremly loud.

The Hotel is near to the Riverwalk. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful.

Not worth the room rate.
    • Club Queen Room

The hotel did not live up to the $384 per night room rate. For example, plastic trash cans and tissue holders, dinged baseboards, and cracked ceramic tiles. There was a robe without house slippers. The club breakfast choices did not include a variety of breakfast meats, waffles or pancakes. The USA Today in the club lounge was 3 days old. I stayed at the Four Seasons in Maui. The room rate there was much cheaper and the property was much nicer.

I could walk to the river walk and the convention center.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Owner issues versus staffing issues is obvious
    • Historic 1909 Room, One Queen Bed

No room service one day key did not work twice Ice buckets on floor 7 and 8 broken Asked for wake up call - it did not go through

Staff at front desk was wonderful - your employees are polite, responsive, and helpful

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Great stay!

Bed was very comfortable but pillows were like air (I'd bring my own next time). Not impressed with the market on Houston hotel restaurant - breakfast buffet left little to be desired, the bartender our first evening seemed very inexperienced and not talkative or interactive in the least, got a slice of cheesecake one evening and it was old and pretty terrible tasting :(

Great location - about 1 block from Riverwalk and within walking distance of all major attractions! Room was comfortable and great for our get away! Bar 414 was a nice start and end to our evenings - John was a wonderful bartender!

A Must!
    • Historic 1909 Room, One Queen Bed

There was a mysterious smell during our stay in the hallways of the 4th floor, which wasn't bad. It was just a bit of a suprise. :)

The cleanliness of our room and the rest of the hotel was wonderful; kudos to their cleaning staff. And the size of our tv was enormous! Bonus points! Both with checking in and out, their front desk staff were also very polite and quick with their work. Would stay again!

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Great overall stay and would go back.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our room was on the 7th floor and the water for the showers was not consistent. The water would drop really cold then spurt to super hot. For a basic 20 min shower the water temp should be better and consistent. As for the area, it was concerning and a lot more homeless or pan handlers then I would have thought for a pretty high traffic tourist area. I have been to San Antonio before and it didn't seem to have as many homeless though the riverwalk area, so It was a bit depressing to see that it has gone downhill in a few short years.

I liked that it was close to the Alamo and Riverwalk. The valet was nice but was not quite clear on how it worked, for those that don't Tavel the "high life" much its cumbersome to understand.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

We had water dripping from our ceiling in the bathroom and...
    • Club King Room

We had water dripping from our ceiling in the bathroom and no one ever to fix it the 2 nights we stayed.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

I would come again. It's not on the river, but that's part of the charm

I really loved this property. Location was great. Parking is too expensive, but I found alternatives less than 5 minutes walking away, and an indoor pool would have been nice, but the outdoor pool was adequate. I would certainly come back again.

The staff was warm and friendly, showed pride in the town their hotel was in. Knew how to get around the place, and addressed concerns with courtesy and timeliness. Die to a snow storm in NY I was delayed and had to arrive a day later. While they were not able to take money off or accommodate another night, the manager insured I had a nice room, and gave me access to the business center and its snacks for my entire day. It's a great place for a conference stay or alone stay or family stay. The hotel also has a great combination of sexy, modern and turn of the century.

Won't be back

Outdated, big clump of previous guest's hair on shower wall, room want ready until approximately 4:30 p.m. check at 3., bathroom toilet leaked, uncomfortable mattresses.

Location, bar. Staff

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Beautiful, old hotel in a great location downtown.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Beautiful, old hotel in a great location downtown. Access to the river walk is convenient and quick. The market resteraunt and bar have friendly staff and serve decent food. Make sure to say hi to the bartender, Dennis!

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

River Walk Evening

The noise from metal shaking in the vents was awful! The breakfast buffet was low with runny eggs and hard biscuits.

The bedding was comfy and the room very clean! Very friendly staff! The lobby is beautiful!

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

The lobby and decor are very nice.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Rooms on our side of the building was a little noisy with city buses going by every 15min.

The lobby and decor are very nice. The hotel has preserved the history of the hotel very well. Bar 414 is very cool.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

So far it's been awesome

Nothing yet

The staff were super friendly especially Jeremia VanWagner who booked tickets for me to WEE on the spot and had great advice for things to do & genuinely a nice guy

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Birthday Weekend Success

Wanted to give stars to Marissa at the front desk, I had a birthday sash on since celebrating a birthday that day, she upgraded our room and gave us free drinks. The hotel had a lovely upgrade with still an old hotel feel, rooms and beds were great, super quiet, great A/C. This was a staycation for us, since we live in San Antonio and such a nice getaway place close to everything.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Room wasn't the best for $215

It was ok! I have stayed in way better Sheraton. never had anything bad to say about those places, until now. I was some what disappointed in the room . Huge room lots of space. Mini fridge sitting on the floor. Room 1115 could hear every single thing from outside to next room loud tv and people talking, doors being closed, AC unit makes cracking noise when comes on. Room tables and plugs sockets very dusty. for $215 for one night non refundable is a reap off. I was not satisfied staying hear to celebrate my 25th anniversary. I will be calling cooperate for Booking .com For 215$ the room could have a more elegant look. this was plane jane.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Time to update your pictures
    • Traditional Double Room

the first room i put in had a broken heater and the the temp was 61 degrees. I asked for another room and that room was dirty was hair on the sheets!! The rooms are very out dated, showers appear moldy.

the down stairs lobby is really nice