Reviews of Sheraton Music City 3 stars

777 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214, USA

#67 of 162 hotels in Nashville

• Standard Room

Rooms were a bit confusing to find. You had to pay for Wi-Fi even after spending a lot on the room. You have to pay for your breakfast.

Location was nice. Rooms were really nice. Staff was good. Pool is good. Outside and inside pool. Tons of parking.

• Standard Room

The shower and tub where below par for the price. The staff showed up with a crib that was requested before we checked in, the morning of check out. We never got updates about items we asked for.

The bed was soft, the room was clean. T

• Standard Room

Thought it would be closer to down town but it was 15 minutes away but wasnt yo bad of a drive to get downtown though. Also didn't know that when we arrived at check-in that they require a 75.00 refundable fee for room service, massages, etc. When I booked and paid online it never mentioned this so they should definitely have this in the clear print..

Public parking at no extra cost. Easy access in and out.

• Standard Room

I thought the bathroom was ok no where to hang a wet towel plus I would think a double room that there would be more than just 2 bath towels

Love the room but the air wasn’t cold enough for us

• Standard Room

Smelled odd whenever we entered lobby. The toilet was extremely low! What the heck was that about?? We're in out late 60s crazy getting up and down.

Leaving.

• Standard Room

The bar and dining room lacked any sense od decor, class or a space you want to be in. at least dress it up a bit.

Would have been nice to let us know you were under construction. Bar was horrible. Staff was awesome!

• Standard Room

Didnt have complimentary breakfast and quite far to walk to any restaurants. Shuttle was provided for downtown Nashville which was great for other meals and sightseeing.

Beautiful property. Nice rooms

• Standard Room

The breakfast items and the drinks at the bar were a little bit pricey.

The staff was super helpful and took time to answer my questions about the local area. I like to work out and the health center is great! The pools and hot tub were clean and well maintained.

• Standard Room

I had to park pretty far away and walk with all of our luggage. I had my five year old with me so i wasn't sure how else to do it

The bed was so comfy and the breakfast at the restaurant was very good. The lady at check in was very helpful.

• Standard Room

Construction currently but it didnt bother us. Just cant say anything bad

We love the rooms and staff here. We also love that you dont have to pay for parking or airport shuttle.

• Standard Room

My bathroom toilet looked used and when I had someone sent up to clean it, it still looked the same. WiFi cost money for the rooms, the construction out front was not appealing and our rooms faced the highway. Too far from downtown and bus was a bit rigid for the money.

Check desk lady was wonderful. It was a nice looking property.

• Deluxe Room

I had to ask for coffee for my room and towels and wait an hour for that. My room was never cleaned so consistently had to ask for towels and coffee and felt like I was inconveniencing them in doing so. I felt the price I was paying the service could have been better.

The bed and pillow were great

• Standard Room

The room was not ready at check-in,two hours later it was ready, room never cleaned when we were there, cock roach in bathroom, room service order messed up took forever to correct. Not a good value for the price

The pillows and bed were very comfortable.

• Deluxe Room

Hotel is being remodeled. Bar area had no atmosphere. Drinks were way overpriced. Further from downtown than we expected

Spacious room and nice pool area

• Standard Room

The drinks were a bit expensive at the “makeshift bar”. There was a lot of construction going on, but the courtyard was excellent.

It was a nice property. Pretty good value, a little far from activities. A lot of renovations going on, but sometimes as to be expected. Overall, good value.

• Standard Room

Room air wouldn’t cool to 69 degrees. Ground floor balcony looking directly into bushes, literally couldn’t see 10 feet in front of you. Would have definitely got a different room if we had known before reserving.

Rooms clean, nice facilities. Location 10 minutes from downtown.

• Standard Room

For the price the rooms were just ordinary nothing special. No valet service. Check in took about 20 minutes. Was giving a balcony room on the 4th floor that but it overlooked the roof with all the air conditioners, and planes taking off and landing very loud. Would not stay again.

The lobby was pretty and pool was beautiful.

• Deluxe Room

No free WIFI for the price in the room is a bit of a shocker. Not conveniently located. Expensive for what it is in my opinion.

The room was good. Double Queen, modern. Big TV. Pool looked good.

• Standard Room

Bed was extremely comfortable, other than that, was very disappointed. There was an awful smell too in the hotel that almost made me sick! Also, they charged my card $75.00 for deposit or something to that nature, and still has not been refunded.

• King Suite

Long walk from hallway to get to room. No microwave. The refrigerator was off and musty no cold water in it. Upon arrival the bed was sloppily made. Soiled bed linens and towels were not changed in a timely manner.

Room size. The room was spacious and clean. The pool area was clean and nice .

• Standard Room

Unfortunately we couldn’t go to the outdoor pool / courtyard in our time due to maintience/ spraying for bugs

The facilities were great and the employees were awesome !

• Standard Room

The room was dusty and not very clean food droppings under the bed etc. Looks like they are shorthanded

Location and I see the potential coming. Nice room clean bed.

• Standard Room

Breakfast was way too expensive for what was offered and service was lacking. Took too long to order off menu and had to help myself to extras that were included on plate the first morning.

• Standard Room

I’m not going to say I didn’t like it, but the location was a little farther away than I expected.

I loved everything. Great customer service, clean facility, comfortable stay. It was great.

wifi, and restaurant

hotel is excellent, rooms, design, however, restaurant is actually very poor for the prices, and the wifi never worked, despite being paid...

• Standard Room

I think the fact that the property was being renovated made the stay less than it would have been. The location was fantastic........but my sister-in-law had a cast on her foot and it takes forever to walk to the rooms..........the property seems to have 2 less elevators than needed

• Standard Room

I spoke to three different staff members about my ac not working and for the four nights i was there it was not fixed and no one talked to me any further about it

• Standard Room

When we checked in the girl at the desk was quite rude. She was talking at us like we never had been to a hotel of this standard. I always stay at nice hotels and they were above this place. Everything had a price including the wifi. We could barely get our door open and the balcony city view was of the air conditioning units. Refrigerator didn't work until Sunday as we were leaving and the air Friday night wasn't that cool I won't stay there again too pricy for what you get and we weren't the only ones complaining. Oh the shuttle doesn't start until 10 am very inconvenient when your convention starts at 8. Oh and breakfast is 16.95 a person we didn't eat that got a biscuit at McDonald's since we had to drive anyway.

It was close to the convention we attended. The restaurant waitress was very nice and the food was good. Saturday and Sunday the employees at the check in desk were very nice and attentive

• Standard Room

Didn’t have free WiFi. Restaurant prices were really high for a family of 4 our meal was $75. Wish they would offer the free continental breakfast.

Registration & checkout was quick and easy. The pools/ fitness areas were great. Our room was comfortable & clean

• Standard Room

The location was a bit hard to find. Room was too far away from the elevator. There was a single elevator and people waiting in the queue. The hotel was a bit old.

The beds were comfortable and the room was quiet for a good sleep. Free parking, fast check-in.

• Standard Room

We didn't like that you had to pay for wi-fi unless you became a member of their honors program. The layout of the hotel was a little confusing making us rely on non-specific signs to figure out where to go causing us to go out of our way to get around the facilities.

The hotel property is beautiful. The room was clean and appeared recently remodeled. The bed was very comfortable. We really enjoyed the outdoor balcony, indoor pool, and hot tub. Also, we appreciated the free parking!

• Standard Room

The hotel was doing some indoor maintenance, which was slightly disruptive. The location was okay, but not the best. We didn't use the shuttle service, but it was something we considered using when we were booking this room.

• Club King Room

Why was there only one robe for 2 person ? And ONLY 1 snack voucher for 2 persons The frontdesk was NOT helpfull at all, look very tired of their work.

The breakfast was ok. The bed was super. The cleaning was super. The shuttlebus driver Nolan was extremely helpfull with information about Music and the town

• Standard Room

I stayed here last year, which is why I returned. Last year I had a pool side view. This year, I had an rooftop view of the heating and air units. Something should be changed about that. The view is the worst I have ever seen. With as nice as the place appears you would think some money would be put into some kind of decorating, such as a roof top garden etc. Second, the fact that just anyone could walk off the street into the lobby and have free WiFi but paying guest can’t have it in the room is ridiculous! How inconvenient! Who doesn’t have FREE WiFi these days?! I was told I had to be with a conference or a member through SPG. I was at one point but was told it EXPIRED and I would have to pay 15.00 to resign. Are you kidding me? Very tired of the continued games of hotel prices, up and down rates depending on the day, events, memberships, booking engines and so on. And last, for the cost of staying there, free shuttle downtown should ALWAYS be included. I’m sure absolutely nothing will be changed nor will anyone address my concerns with me personally. Unfortunately, that’s just a part of the new world we live in. No one REALLY cares. I stay in a lot of hotels for work and pleasure and based on this being a “Sheraton”, the outside appearance, the cost, I expected more. This is the first time I have ever complained about a stay, anywhere.

Nice beds

• Standard Room

The staff, the rooms were nasty, and I got the complete opposite room than what I asked for. I was charged an extra fee and I don’t know what it is for ($119) and no one could tell me either! The pool was nasty!!

Nothin! I will NEVER stay at this hotel agai

• Standard Room

The distance from my car to the room was miles, the key card didn't work so then I had to go back. Food was cheap, gym was outdated, and they were remodeling. The staged bar was set up for no one that wanted to spend the time at the bar after a long day. Uninviting. They can't even take the time to figure out that the coffee pouches are the wrong size for the in-room coffee maker.

Room was clean. Bed was nice.

• Standard Room

The restaurant in the photo (grill) does not exist They wrongly called us at 4am (twice!). We had not asked a wake up call Very, but very noisy Badly located

They offered us a shuttle service to go to a restaurant.

• Standard Room

They were doing very loud construction in the center of the lobby every day. Not much you can do about that but it was very, very noisey.

I loved the location.

• Standard Room

the hotel needs some renovation to match the Sheraton standard. Many small things show the hotel‘s age: Rumbling hotel entrance door, old and slow lifts, moulds on bathroom seals, and so on The large hotel was not fully booked, and having requested a quiet room, I first was assigned a room with a connecting door ... And later a room to the street side

• Standard Room

The restaurant and bar were closed due to renovations, had we been informed beforehand we would have chosen another hotel. Unless you had a buffet the breakfast was very expensive. The room cleanliness and service were not very good, beds not made, glasses not cleaned, paper cups for room tea/coffee not acceptable in a hotel of this "quality". Temperature of shower increased during a shower (faulty control valve). Toilet seat had been damaged and badly repaired (replacing it would have been less expensive). Power sockets hanging off the wall.

The hotel bus drivers were extremely helpful

• Standard Room

We were never supplied any towels , shampoo, coffee, etc other than the day we came in. Every day after that, we had to ask and run down the maids. Then, we were told there weren’t anymore clean and the supplies were low and they would bring us some later and never did. Also, our air/ heat did not work and the panel covering it kept falling off each time we would close the hotel door.

The property grounds was beautiful and very well kept up on the outside and nice inside. Also, loved the private balconies.

• Club King Room

I honestly don’t have a negative thing to stay about this establishment! Everything was lovely!!

The rooms are amazing. Then bed was extremely comfortable!

• Standard Room

I like Hamptons that have coffee available and breakfast in the morning. This hotel charges $17. We were going to try it. Unfortunately, you have to pay when you rent the room. They cannot charge to room afterward.

It was beautiful and clean. Beds were comfortable. All the staff was friendly and helpful. Shuttle into Nashville. I would stay there again.

• Deluxe Room

We didn’t like the fact that we were there while remodeling was taking place. We were upset that the bar area was not like the picture showed on the website. So we asked the staff where a good place for dinner and bar area that we could go to, they told us about Darfons right down the road and the shuttle took us there and picked us up. We were very satisfied with the suggestion on the restaurant! We would like to come back and enjoy the new and improved bar and restaurant and lobby area.

We loved the staff, everybody was friendly and accommodating. The room was very clean and the bed and pillows were comfortable!

• Standard Room

Room was clean and when we asked for different pillows because my husband is allergic to feathers they went out of their way to get a different blanket for us

• Standard Room

The beds could be a little softer. The WiFi wasn’t free unless you were a Sheraton Points member which we signed up for so we didn’t have to pay the $5 a day for WiFi. There was no complimentary coffee in the lobby, I went to get some that was located by the bar and they initially were going to charge me $2 for a coffee even after I had the coffee from my room in my hand. But stated that I could go ahead and get one. Crazy! Also, the Breakfast Buffet was $17 - ridiculous.

Liked the Location and size and cleanliness of room.

• Standard Room

There was a few concerns I had... In our room was fully clean because on the table near the couch was someone's fake eyelashes. One of the clean towels has someone else's hair in it. Also on Saturday night the the fire alarm went off and we had to be evacuated. But there wasn't any explanation from the staff or thanks for any of this inconvenience.

I thought the hotel was fine.

• Standard Room

The staff was awful. Under construction and was way overpriced. WiFi was a charge. Nothing was said about this. I assumed the shuttle downtown was complimentary but it was not. It was 10 Miles away from downtown.

Beds were fine

• Standard Room

I requested no down bedding due to severe allergy. I arrived and found that the bed had down bedding. I requested a king bed. The room had two double beds. The bathtub drain was stopped up. When I showered I had to stand in several inches of water. The sink was also stopped up. The fire alarm went off at 3am. We had to evacuate the building and stand in the cold pouring rain for over 30 minutes. On the last day of my stay house keeping came in at 8:30 in the morning and woke me up to clean my room. Although the hotel is beautiful I was not pleased with my experience at Sheraton.

Beautifully remodeled suite

• Deluxe Room

My fiance and I completely enjoyed the atmosphere. Michael the bartender was very personable and the other staff members were extremely nice. The courtyard was very comfortable where my fiance and I had a long talk about life decisions.

• Standard Room

Staff was not friendly all. My daughter got sick and threw up all over the sheet and blanket. Call front desk to get clean ones. We waited an hour and a half for the lady to bring us sheets that didnt fit a king bed. She also wouldnt take the old sheets that were covered in vomit. Said she would get them in the morning so we had to smell vomit all night.

Indoor pool was warm and comfortable. Rooms were clean.

• Deluxe Room

The room smelled,dogs barked all night, fire alarm went off at 3 am and the daily construction made this place a mess.

The size of the room and courtyard

• Standard Room

Jackhammer in lobby with a long wait to checkin,keys/locks very tricky to open,beautiful day but no wait staff came out to courtyard tables even though they weren’t busy inside, garbage overflowed by side door

Pretty courtyard, helpful shuttle driver

• Standard Room

The sheets and comforter were 'crisp'. Every time someone moved, you could hear it.

The beds were extra comfortable.We had plenty of pillows and towels.

• Deluxe Room

Restaurant could have been better, food was cold, but the staff were great

beds were terrific, breakfast just ok, Mariam worked the bar and early next morning was in housekeeping, She was brilliant and very courteous.

• Standard Room

I didn't like anything about this place was so disgusted it smelt so terribly bad when we walked through the front doors and when we got on to the elevators the elevators and the door was so nasty smelt also and the hallways needed to be cleaned the steps needed to be cleaned very uncomfortable staying in a place like this it makes you worried about catching something or getting bed bugs horrible,but the only thing nice that I can say about this place is the people at the desk were friendly

I liked nothing about this entire stay looks nice in the pictures looks nice from outside once you step inside is nasty and it smells when you get there you just want to get a refund but unfortunately through booking.com you cannot will not make this mistake again

• Standard Room

Had to change rooms because of how filthy the first one was and the second room was not much better. Put a towel down in the shower just to take a shower. Very disappointed in our stay.

There was nothing I liked unfortunately. But the wife said the coffee was great.

• Standard Room

The room keys didn't work. It took us 15 min. till they fixed the problem. The room was dirty! The plastic bottle was left on the carpet. The tub had some blue stains. So much dust on the furniture, you can see layers in the Sun light. The nut shells not vacuumed. The girl didn't bother to vacuum our carpet next day either! The but shells were left! Disgusting! The wirpoil was terrible! Not working properly: no bubbles and only lukewarm water. Brrr. The main pool was heated but dirty, floating bandates. Yuck. No pool towers. An elderly man was so kind to go and find someone to ask to bring the towels. We had to use the small gym towels. The worst part was drunk people serenading at 2 am in the morning! In the courtyard. A lady and two other men were accompanying her. I couldn't believe it! They were so loud, waked us from our sleep, and the staff didn't do anything!! And not to mention, there were many families staying in the hotel. It lasted about 45 min. I was about to call the receptionist but perhaps someone had already complained as they got silent. The rooms are cramped and small compared to the rooms of much cheaper hotels. Bad value for the money. The staff was courteous but didnt make extra effort on advising the points of interest. The girl seemed totally unknowledgeable of any tours, restaurants or popular local places of interest. Good, found the brochures.

Heated pool

• Standard Room

The housekeeping staff was what lowered the overall score. The first day we had to call for towels because no one came to bring us towels & it was 2pm. Then on our last day we had requested a later checkout beyond noon. I am a member so they gave us until 4pm which we were pleasantly surprised. However the day of our checkout the housekeeping staff entered our room at 8:30am waking us up. Then proceeded to allow (unintentionally I'm sure) to let the doors to the rooms surrounding us slam shut as the were coming in & out of them to clean. It was absolutely frustrating & needless to say we couldn't go back to sleep so we checked our early. We did tell the housekeeper doing this & the front desk so that future guests would not have to deal with this. Other than that it was a pleasant experience.

• Standard Room

The rooms were clean and comfortable. We had been traveling in a car for a long time so appreciated a nice place to spend the night. There was a shuttle which took us to and from downtown area which was also very convenient.

• Deluxe Room

Gave us the wrong room. We weren’t there but fifteen minutes after our room switch and had to be evacuated for a fire. The ice bucket still had water and ice from previous guest. The handle on the toilet was broken. The indoor pool had no towels to dry off and the dirty ones laying all over.

The beds where comfortable

• Club King Room

The whirlpool didn’t work on Saturday.

The room, the view from the room, great shower, the entry room of the hotel. Was spacious! The friendly staff and cleanliness of the room and grounds!

• Deluxe Room

The hotel was easy to get to, very clean rooms and the room had everything that one would need to have a pleasant stay...ie iron, safe,tourist attraction booklets.

• Standard Room

That breakfast was not included in the price. Glad their was no charge for parking because you had to walk a little bit from the parking lot.

Not located downtown, good pricing, shuttle available for a good price to downtown and nice that there was a bar onsite. No charge for parking.

• Standard Room

We were there for 3 days and never once had housekeeping check in with us. I mentioned this as we checked out and the woman at the desk apologized and checked to see if we had been marked as “green guests.” We had not. At one point we were looking for the remote and we found a bracelet under the couch which had been there from previous guest. And there were papers and misc items behind the credenza with tv and fridge. That was our ONLY complaint.

Having the restaurant and bar right downstairs was awesome. All the staff was super friendly.. especially Krista at check in and Michael in the bar. We had a great time!

• Standard Room

I had 2 rooms 3/11-3/12.I requested a late check-out and an associate by the name of BERENICE said and I quote, "If you sign up to be a rewards member,you can get a 4pm check out", so of course I agreed. Apparently it was not noted in their system. My daughter who stayed in the additional room, informed me that someone entered her room around 3am, maybe housekeeping,but that was very uncomfortable for her and scary.

• Standard Room

The front desk staff was not very cheerful. We had to keep getting our keys re-made because they quit working and the front desk staff acted like they were put out with us.

Rooms were great. Pool and outdoor courtyard was a beautiful view. Beds and showers were great. Everything was spotless!

• Standard Room

key cards did not work first time. When we finally got in the room we had two beds and not the king ordered. Had to wait twenty minutes to get keys and new room. Hotel is close to airport but not close to anything (walking). While there was plenty of parking the entrance and exit to the lot was a bit tight due to taxi's parked in the entrance. Food quality was ok but slightly overpriced. Wifi was only free in the lobby. No shuttle to downtown or attractions.

Hotel and room was clean.

Having breakfast included, not having to pay for WII FI🤨

The beds were awesome and lots of power outlets and the pool was great and lobby beautiful. The luggage carts were great.

• Standard Room

Must have had it’s heyday in the 80s and feels like it hasn’t been updated since. Hideously outdated lobby and check in area; very inconvenient placement of towels in the room plus no bathtub; holes in the headboard where perhaps lights used to be. This place is in obvious need of a major cash infusion and someone with vision to oversee the transformation.

Free parking

• Standard Room

Checked in. They gave us a room that was still occupied. The second room we were given was still dirty. Good everywhere. Bathroom destroyed

Room was big

• Standard Room

Had to beg housekeeping( who did not speak English) for towels and coffee every day, that's all we asked for, did not have to clean room or change linens. Restaurant much too expensive, service pathetic . No microwave in room so you can't even heat up overpriced food!

Very friendly staff , very clean, comfortable rooms

• Standard Room

I didn't like the cancellation policy. It could be because I booked with booking.com. I needed to cancel this trip, but I ended up going and sitting in the room the whole weekend.

• Standard Room

Expected more from Sheraton. Room was nice and large but felt dirty. Windows looking down on court yard were filthy and the caulk was chipping. Cigarette butts’ all over in the corner of the balcony. The glasses on the mini bar were beyond dirty and obviously previously used. Hall ways were dirty with dishes from room service sitting on the floor for over 12 hours. And the room cleaners were still “cleaning” rooms after 8pm. The money I spent I expected world class amenities and seemed more like a red roof. Won’t be back.

Bar staff

• Standard Room

The staff was very rude to me, not only while I stayed, but when I called for a few questions as well. There are hidden fees that are lied about when you get there. There is a "$75" holding charge that you can use towards food and drinks that you will receive the second you check out. The reality is it is $50 dollars upfront and if you decide you want to use it for food, there is an additional $50 dollar charge. Not only that, it takes 5-7 business days for you to receive that money back.

Browse Sheraton Music City traveller photo gallery