Reviews of Sheraton Pentagon City 3 stars

900 S. Orme Street, Arlington, VA 22204, USA

#44 of 68 hotels in Arlington

5.5

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Having to climb a set of stairs with luggage to get to the elevator was no fun. My arthritic hands did not appreciate this part of my stay.

What’s not to like—clean spacious room stocked with Starbuck’s coffee and really comfy beds, convenient Arlington location, being awakened by birdsong...

• Traditional King Room

View - I requested a high floor. We were on the third floor, facing a concrete wall.

Location is fantastic! Right beside the Pentagon - easy access to all main attractions! We were driving, but you can take the hotel shuttle to metro station!

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

We absolutely loved this hotel. The staff throughout the hotel were amazing! Especially with our kids. The restaurant staff always went out of their way to please the kids. And also did a surprise chocolate cake for my husband just by picking up in conversation. The room was super clean and well equipt and the maids were very efficient and friendly. Check in and check out was also very efficiant . The check in staff gave us 50% off parking and also 3 days free WiFi which was awesome!

Pretty much nothing.

Damp room. Booked thru booking.com. Unfriendly reception. We were offered only the basement. Moldy rooms and wet bed and floors. We had no choice because it was late at night and there were 4 kids. i will never stay here ever again.

• King Room with City View

I reserved a city view room and I was assigned a room in the basement, with no view, and with lot but lot of stairs to get to teh room. I had to ask Booking.com to step in and after a lot of arguing with the manager he decided to offer a 25% off only if we stayed for the whole 3 nights. The room was full of moisture and smell horrible.

• Traditional King Room

Pool should be open earlier in the morning and later at night. Scale in Gym. Store items were very pricey.

Hotel shuttles, Restaurant. Bed was very comfortable.

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

I drop my deodorant under the bed and found it was fill with random trash from previous guest and as super disgusted Beside that the heated poll was awesome and the facilities where very nice

It’s very beautiful and clean great customer service

• Traditional King Room

The only downfall my wife and I had was were not able to get into the pool. There was a large family extremely loud. We tried to get in but all areas of the pool were busy. The life guard was aware but he could'nt do anything. We understood. Hopefully next time we will have a chance to get in.

Front Desk staff Samia was wonderful in remembering me from last year. She is an outstanding host. Also staff at the Potomac restaurant were professionals. Food was great and service was outstanding. This also includes the bar. Great work.

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

They gave me the wrong room and the manager was rude and corporate wasn’t able to do anything about it we stayed in a room that looked like someone basement it was dark and didn’t have anything in it I was so disappointed in in my stay I wouldn’t stay again

The night staff was good

• Traditional King Room

ORDERING FOOD TOOK LONG AND DELIVERY OF IT ALSO. WENT TOO RESTAURANT FOUR TIMES AND ALL FOUR TIMES IT TOOK TOO LONG BUT FOOD WAS GOOD.

FOOD WAS GOOD. STAFF VERY HELPFUL AND COURTEOUS.

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Okay upon arrival I went to the gift shop to get a late night snack the girl employee was emocionales she was rude did not smile. Okay I tough she must be tire about to close okay. Next morning, I went to the restaurant there were two female servers and a male server. He was the one that was taking care of me first he asked me what I would like to drink I told him diet coke I went to get the food and I’m sorry to say it but what the hell is wrong with the chef at this hotel such boring food like a heartless person cooked bacon under cooked eggs dried up almost powder. Okay back the server which by the way has only one speed slower no sense of ergency, brings ,me orange juice remember I asked for Diet Coke yes, after 5 minutes almost chocking with the dried up eggs brought me oj now at this point I stopped eating waiting for the Diet Coke took him literally 5 more minutes. Sorry I usually don’t write comment but you guys deserve it

I liked the room cosí warm loved that

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was located below the gym, and you could hear people running at 4am and 5am. Restaurant was a little expensive for the food that was offered.

The view was great. Staff was super helpful. Daughter lost her hat, and the whole staff help look for it. The life guard was really friendly, and could answer questions I had about the area. The bar had a great staff very friendly.

• King Room with City View

My reservation requested a city view room with a King bed to spend our weekend vacation enjoying a nice view as offered in the reservation. My wife and myself were really disappointed when we received a room with a street level view with two queen beds. Booking.com quality control group should check about this situation to avoid to happen to future customers. From my family side, this will not happen again because I'll not use Booking.com services again. Not to say that I 'll share this experience if somebody asks about Booking.com. Finally, I want to share again that we are REALLY DISAPPOINTED with this situation. About Sheraton itself, should check the A/C control unit, during night it went to OFF mode. Seems the room presence control system was not working properly. If need some additional help call me, I'll advise with my controls expertise as an Electrical Engineer.

• Traditional King Room

Place looks a tad bit dated. But with the amenities it offered did not deter me from enjoying my stay.

Bed was comfy, as it allowed me to pass out rather easily. Pool and gym are pretty good for the size.

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

East building - Lifts don't land at level, they are either above or below, so you have to drag your luggage. There was no fridge or microwave in the room, which we expected to be inclusive at this cost but wasn't. Parking charges of $30 per day is a bit high. The room interior could have been more modern, but was quite ordinary.

Location, cleanliness and comfort of sleep. Starbucks coffee. Room size.

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking and wifi were pricey. Tap water quality is poor so it would be nice if a water filter or more bottles of water were provided at no additional cost.

Pool and fitness rooms were nice. The beds were very comfortable. Shuttles to airport and metro station were very helpful.

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Lack of arrangements and discomfort from the hotel management. The selected room was not allotted and they said us to adjust 4 people in a king room with one rollover bed.

Book this hotel if you are looking for good views and and in hotel restaurant.

• Traditional King Room

Hotel has two building block and one of them is old where the quality is compromised

Property was easily accessible by Metrobus stop which is at 1 minute walking distance. But after midnight it is difficult to reach by public transport. Overall location is good

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room size was small especially the bathroom, slightly outdated, room service extremely expensive, decent view

Bed was comfortable, well maintained, nice staff

• King Room with City View

Paid for room with a view and did not get accommodations till day 2 after I asked to speak to a manager Was told we would be given a voucher for breakfast for our inconvenience and they didn’t follow through. Charged for parking twice just to leave the parking garage.

Good location to DC

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Checking in was a nightmare for my coworker. The desk staff were not helpful and the phone number given for verification of the reservation did not work for 40 minutes.

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool closed to early. The hotel key wouldn't work for the parking garage. I couldn't get out the garage and it took seven minutes for the front desk to answer the call button to let me out. The elevator to the garage didn't work but we weren't told this at check in so we had to carry all our luggage up three flights of stairs.

The view was nice.

• Traditional King Room

Not much to be done about the location and restaurants in walking distance- we did find an Ethiopian restaurant we could walk to and the shuttle was handy.

The staff was always very pleasant. The beds were comfortable . The view was very amazing- you can see DC all around.

• Double Room with City View

Hotel room could use some updates. Paying for the Internet (unheard now days everyone give you free internet).

Location, Ballroom where event was held.

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The food at the bar ( because I arrived so late was ok. Hummus did not taste too good, and shrimps were a little small. Cesar salad excellent.

The beds were amazing.

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

I honestly have nothing to even suggest to improve. Staff was great, room was clean, room was larger than a standard room by a little, but it made a noticeable difference. Linens were luxurious, a word I don't use often. Crab and corn chowder was awesome. Okay, I just remembered something to mention as a negative- my BBQ chicken wings, although they had a good BBQ sauce, also had an original style buffalo sauce underneath the BBQ, but they were still good.

Far exceeded my expectations in every way, even the rate. I've paid much more elsewhere and received much less. I don't write reviews often but these folks deserve my accolades.

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

There had been a water pipe break in the restaurant and so there was only a breakfast buffet room available in the mornings. The breakfast was delicious, however, no one was available when we arrived and we had to search for a staff member to explain how to get coffee and use our voucher, etc. Also, we did not see any signs explaining that the restaurant was closed. We wanted a light snack the first evening and finally went to the bar. The woman there was very nice, but we had to specifically ask how to get something to eat. Then she explained the restaurant was closed. Also, it would be nice if they set out a special coffee service for the guests, especially while the restaurant was closed.

The staff were all quite friendly, from the representative who upgraded our room to a City View with King sized bed, to cleaning staff and shuttle drivers who smiled and said hello, even just in passing. The room was nice and large with a desk for our laptops and recharging stations on the bedside table for cellphones, tablets, etc. That was a wonderful perk! We also liked the hotel's "green" program. We could hang a sign on the doorknob saying we did not need fresh towels or sheets (only there 2 nights) and we received a $5 food voucher under the door! (There was also the choice of getting Sheraton points, I believe).

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The Reservation Clerks were very friendly. We were able to check in early with no problems as well. The hotel was very clean and the Staff was very Polite and Professional.

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Reception staff was too businesslike. Thought I was dealing with robots . No friendly smiles or thank you.

Buffet was good . Restaurant staff was courteous.

• Traditional King Room

I didn’t like the old carpet and the room didn’t have a refrigerator. I thought room service price was rediculous.

Prica and location where good, food was good and the staff was wonderful. Bed was also very comfortable

• Traditional King Room

Traffic. The roads are a cluster-f**k of interconnected highways. If you don't know the area (or are a nervous driver) you can quickly loose your way.

The view was AMAZING! The Pentagon was right down the street. I could see the Lincoln Memorial, the Washington Monument and the Capitol Building from my room.

• Double Room with City View

We didn’t receive the type of room that we had booked. We requested a room with a city view and upper floor but ended up with neither.

Location was good for our activity. Walking distance to one of our destination.

• Traditional King Room

Sheets were way too starchy. Breakfast was expensive for a low quality meal. Restaurant was unorganized and ill managed.

The room and bathroom was clean.

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like the poor service in the restaurant. There was a lot if us and we were forgotten in the back dining room. There were 3 other couples back there that we're forgotten as well. The waiter couldn't even bring all our food out together. They brought out everyone's meals except for the child with our group. He got his meal after we were all done. We were giving him food of of our plates The room was nice. The ceiling in our shower area leaked. The manager asked that we not use it. They wanted to separate us. We finally got a room on the same level as our family. We went for breakfast the day of our departure. The bill already had the tip included. There is no way they deserved to have a 22 percent tip added. The manager stated that it was because we are a large group. The staff didn't deserve that large if a tip. The dining room staff was horrible.

I like that the shuttle ran every 30 minute's.

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

However wifi, even when gratis, was still unsecured. I used the stay green program card without reading the fine print that no one would enter my room; so I was surprised that my trash wasn't emptied and coffee was not replenished which is all part of the program. The hotel did not provide the benefit that was advertised for participating. Maintenance and cleanliness was good, but not exceptional. The facility is showing its age. The room was very comfortable and quiet.

Was allowed early check in, counter rep gave 50% discount on parking and waived the $14/day wifi fee.

• Traditional King Room

I didn’t like the continental breakfast was just toast, fruit & juice for 12.95. That’s not sufficient enough.

I liked the city view! Front desk staff was amazing! Her name was geigla, forgive me if it is spelled incorrect! She was very nice, even gave us continental breakfast vouchers!

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

friendly polite staff, rooms were clean, beds comfortable, restaurant staff friendly. Shuttle bus service to mall and metro very convenient. Good value for price.

• King Room with City View

The housekeeper on our floor was the sweetest and most helpful woman ever. I hope her management appreciates her hard work. Parking was so convenient. Attended dance convention and very much preferred this hotel over others we have stayed at! Thumbs up!

• Traditional King Room

As I said the annex was a bit confusing to get to but it was clean and so comfortable.

A bit confusing to find rooms in the annex but the room was great! Clean and so comfy! The staff was also pleasant helpful and welcoming!

• Traditional King Room

The room was extra spacious with a big, comfy chair and a desk big enough to actually be practical. It was the kind of room you could live in for a week or two quite comfortably.

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Sheets werent clean. Manager took care of the issue very nicely.

Great friendly responsive staff. Great managers. Great city views of DC and Pentagon frim East rooms. Lots of relevant amenities. Nice restaurant. Shuttle to and from DCA on half hours.

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel is very close form the national mall, 7 minutes drive to the Washington Monument. Check in and check out was easy. The room was very clean. There were 2 queen beds for 4 of us. Parking and internet was provided for free, because of the Starwood Preferred Guest membership. The parking lot was conveniently located. The roof top swimming pool looked clean, though we did not use it. Overall, we were extremely satisfied and highly recommend this hotel.

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Furniture, the mold on the windows,that the Internet is only free for one hour and then you have to pay. No breakfast in the morning. High price.

The restaurant and the manager Elena Popova

• Traditional King Room

Very poor customer service. Not enough staff at check-in. Phone calls to front desk went unanswered. Services for marathon runners were not provided, as promised.

Location was convenient.

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

I was mistreated by a party member at breakfast because that was no sign explaining that the breakfast was for a private party I was embarrassed. We order a pizza my son was stop by an employee because he thought that my son was a delivery boy and he was going to the room he stop when he toll them that he was a guess in the hotel and apologized. Stereotypes problem that's what I think they need to be careful.

Room was clean and comfortable.

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Mould in the bathroom. Wallpaper/popcorn paper falling from the ceiling. No fridge. Broken safe. Tried to ring room service and no one ever picked up the phone. They added extra internet and phone charges on my room which I hadn't used. Always big cues at reception. The restaurant was dirty each time we went in.

Spacious rooms. The shuttle service.

• Traditional King Room

The staff man who worked the club room on the 14th floor literally asked me to leave even though I had a pass; I was embarrassed and showed him my pass, and he escalated; I called reception, and they did nothing; wi-fi was not included; I booked a room with a DC view, but received a room with a Virginia view; the shuttle driver asked me to leave the bus when he agreed to take me to the Crystal City metro stop, but then decided otherwise without explanation;

Check in was excellent and the staff provided a complimentary guest pass to their club room on 14; the food was dynamite - shrimp cocktail, beet salad, corn chowder; the airport shuttle on time and reliable both arriving and departing; excellent location; the lobby is beautiful, the gift shop nice, and the business facilities first rate.

In addition to our room, I reserved the Star Room for a funeral reception for 50 people with hors d'oeuvres, beer and wine. That was about $3,000 and the room was sweltering. I asked the lady on duty a couple of times to turn on the AC, but it stayed sweltering for two hours we were there. We were all pretty sweaty by the end.

Everything.

Stay away from this place!!! The whole room smells like body odor!!! Our comforter has blood stains on it. Bathroom has mold! Carpet is smelly. Furnitures are old.

• King Room with City View

Housekeeping could improve in service and speed of service.

The shuttle service was a blessing. Special mention of Nikita a service attendant who helped us for dinner on first night

• Traditional King Room

Hotel is clean and bed is compfort

Price was too high including the tax and no one help us to send the baggages to the room no one even open the main door , I don't feel good at all .

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Small bathroom. No one to help with the luggage at night.

They gave me an early morning check in. Kept my family's luggage for several days as I had to leave the city for a few days. The restaurant staff at breakfast were friendly.

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was not worth the price and parking is outrageous. Not only will the hotel charge you 15 dollars a night for parking, but they will instruct you to park in their parking structure that will charge you an additional 30 dollars a day. The rooms were poor quality. There was a dog that would not stop barking early in the morning in another guest's room (even though I know this wasn't the hotels fault). Overall, both my wallet and I are extremely disappointed for this trip and will not be staying at this hotel again.

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing that I can think of

Very comfortable. Food was wonderful. Service was outstanding.We were there to bury our son in Arlington, staff took care of us with complimentary breakfast and parking. Also let us know that they were there for anything we needed. That helped us so much to get through our stay.

• Traditional King Room

No Hot Tub and the pool wasn't attractive. Wifi was available at a cost. Technologically the hotel is lagging.

The room was comfortable and pleasing to the eyes. Breakfast was enjoyable.

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

nothing, I enjoyed the experience 100%.

As soon as my family and I walked through the front door the staff made us feel right at home. The women who booked us in her name was Rachel was one of the most professional and kind workers I have ever seen at a hotel desk, she interacted with my family very well and made my children feel special. The General manager (Eddie) stopped us twice and talked with us awhile just to see how we were doing and to make sure all our needs were met. It meant a lot to me as a guest.

• King Room with City View

Bed was comfy but hotel pillows are never comfortable no matter where you stay which is why I always bring my own.

The guy at the front desk was very very nice when I checked in. We received a complimentary breakfast which was actually really good seeing that I am a vegan and don't eat meat or eggs. We got the king room with a city view and the view was amazing!

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The parking garage didn't work with the key cards, we would have to call for help. The room was very warm when we got in, it did cool off eventually. The hallways were very warm the entire time. The bathroom smelled like urine. It was okay for the money, but not quite worth it.

Everyone who worked there wasn't extremely nice and helpful. They were very much about customer service.

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel should realize to change the bad odor of the place that is strong at the lobby and near the restaurants, and try to enrich the whole areas with a nice breeze, it is a major thing that I have realized and was a bit annoying but didn't know to whom to address this advise.

The service was excellent from arrival date to departure date. A big thank you for the receptionist "Ali" who was so helpful, polite and patient! The rooms extra clean, the beds are extremely comfy. The transportation is extremely easy made by the hotel through shuttle service and Taxi. An amazing experience plus amazing place to visit!!

• Traditional King Room

Small bathroom, no free wifi, no microwave or refrigerator in room, no free breakfast. When checking in, not advised about the availability of the shuttle service.

• Double Room with City View

Staff was friendly and accommodating. originally booked a 1 night stay and had to add an additional night. Desk staff was able to keep us in the same room. The desk clerk, Myesha, was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

For some reason my keycard kept not working, so I had to get new ones almost everytime I returned to the room, but the staff were nice and friendly about it. The prices at the bar are pretty steep, but I guess that's everywhere in the area. The onsite parking underground is not free, but the lady at the desk gave me a discount when I groaned about it. JUST a bit too far to walk for the metro, ended up Ubering in and out of the city.

All of the staff was super friendly and helpful, the rooms were nice, AC worked, and beds were comfortable.

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Tiny bathroom, had to shift myself to just close the door and nothing to do within walking distance. The shuttle service has select destinations, for other places you need a car or cab.

Staff were all super friendly and helpful. The swimming pool and sun deck were very relaxing. Clean, pleasant atmosphere and I highly recommend. I also liked the free shuttle service from the metro.

• King Room with City View

No comment. I enjoyed all of the accomadations for the king room. Excellent accomodations.

Highly satisfied. I was given complementary vouchers for adult beverages at the bar and breakfast buffet in the morning.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• King Room with City View

They didn't have our reservations when we got there. Promised a room with a city view - 1 of our rooms had a view of the roof of the lobby. Also asked for a handicapped room that adjoined with our other room - neither happened. Also paid $30 a day to park - way too expensive!

The bed was very comfortable.

• King Room with City View

We were not able to make the trip with Run For The Wall because my wife was in a bad motorcycle accident on the 13th of May. I requested that all our reservations for this trip be canceled and even sent a request to the Sheraton Pentagon City stating the cause for this and did not even receive a response from them! I will notify the staff of RFTW about this so no one will have the same or similar problems with this motel next year!

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The ac was on blast and not adjustable like controls were locked. Room 308 It was 2 am and I was too tired to bother calling down and waiting for someone to come up. The meeting room was also very chilly even for May and it was 75 degrees outside.

The bed was extremely comfy.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• King Room with City View

The restaurant was over priced and the staff was a bit harried. We had to wait to get a menu and wait to pay.

The room was very comfortable and the view was spectacular. The shuttle bus that runs every half hour between the hotel and airport and between the hotel and the nearest Metro stop was very convenient and the drivers were friendly.

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The entire east wing smelled like a plumbing pipe broke. That included the rooms we stayed in as well. They overbooked the rooms so it took 3.5 hours to check in. And they charged a member of my party for parking for two days and he didn't have a vehicle.

The rooms were comfortable.

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything,Late getting into un cleaned room with dirty bathtub,kids running up and down hallway even after complaining, all money taken out of bank account when charged for the room and left with no food or gas money, fire alarm went off 3 am on second night due to smoke alarm that was past due to be replaced. Internet and parking charge per day are overpriced and ridiculous. Don't know why anyone would go back to stay there.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• King Room with City View

Overall a good visit considering location, city view, etc. could've used a small frig, no charge for the weiner dog was a plus. Would come there for promo again but not at reg price

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Double Room with City View

Area next to hotel looked like low income housing. No close resteraunts. Bathrooms outdated.

The bed was amazing! Pool on top floor overlooks the pentagon!

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• King Room with City View

I have stayed here multiple times. The staff is helpful and the room is always clean. Carpet might be a little dated but the linens are always nice. I always book a city view which is well worth the price.

• Tradional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not free breakfast, unless your a club member. Buffet was gross, worst breakfast ever. Not worth $15.00. They scramble only FOX news. Pool only open from 5pm to 9pm.

Pet friendly, 20lb blanket, free high powered internet, IT even helped me get my Xbox 1 logged on as well. Very nice staff.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

• Traditional King Room

The breakfast buffet wasn't really good. And room service is very expensive, more than 12 dollars just to get the food delivered to your room

The food at the Potomac restaurant was good.

Browse Sheraton Pentagon City traveller photo gallery