Reviews of Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel 4 stars

811 7th Avenue, 53rd Street, New York, NY 10019 , USA

#341 of 415 hotels in New York

5.1

Overall, I had an enjoyable stay!
    • Traditional Double Room

On day one all of the beverages were removed from the mini fridge! I was shocked, the gentleman said that there had been groups staying and no one wanted to pay for the items used, so because of that I was punished. Then at check out they had charged my credit card for all of the items! We were able to resolve that but I am sorely disappointed that I was not afforded the luxury of a mini fridge because of previous guests! That is horrible customer service!

The property is very well maintained and the staff are professional and friendly.

Excellent property would highly recommend
    • Superior Double Room- City View

Bed a little hard for me. We were 4 people in room. Me my daughter and 2 grandchildren. But you only get 2 free breakfasts. It’s a really nice buffet delicious but it’s 32.00 per adult. So I don’t feel like I got anything free really. Wouldn’t get that package again. We Don’t eat 32.00 worth of food. My husband might but he wasn’t with us.

Loved location. Very nice hotel. Staff excellent. Room very nice clean. Would stay here again. 3 minutes to heart of Times Square.

Would not recommend this hotel
    • Traditional Double Room

This hotel is located a few blocks from time square. Instarlyed there for 4 days and I must say I did not enjoy my time there as much as I thought I would. It was super expensive. Parking at the hotel was $65 per every 24 hrs with no in and out privileges. The hotel was not able to offer me a microwave so we spendlt the entire weekend buying food and could not prepare the food we brought. No wifi was included, it was an additional $20 per night to have wifi usage. Basically if you have a whole bunch of money to spend then you are good to go here. If you don't then choose another hotel. I definitely would never stay here again.

The location was the only thing that I liked about the hotel. It's 10 min walking distance to central park and time square.

Friendly restaurant staff very willing to assist me in...
    • Traditional King Room

Small rooms so it would be difficult to stay with more than 2 people.

Friendly restaurant staff very willing to assist me in getting my daughter fed at random hours throughout the day to accomodate her schedule.

Will not stay there not even for free.
    • Traditional Double Room

My husband is 6'5 and had to sleep on a Full size bed., febreeze car fresheners on vents, hand prints on head board 2nd room rented by a family member had 2 small roaches on the wall.

Really good location for us to visit MOMA, rockafella centre...

Charge for wifi after 24 hours

Really good location for us to visit MOMA, rockafella centre, Central Park and Times Square, room size for New York was great for a family with a 4 year old. Impressed with the super comfy beds, was not happy wifi was an extra charge after the first 24 hours I assume this maybe standard for New York? Value for money otherwise

Sneaky charges. Expect to pay around $200 more than booking.com quotes for all their hidden fees
    • Queen Room

Hidden charges, they have added "destination fees", and there is no wifi in your room unless you pay an additional $20. They did not explain that the wifi could only be reached from the lobby. We had to go to a nearby Starbucks for wifi.

Comfortable beds, great pillows, beautiful hotel.

When I entered the room there was a strange smell.
    • Queen Room

When I entered the room there was a strange smell. I communicated it to customer service and they solved the problem the other day. It would also be very important if they can improve the speed of the wifi

It was a few blocks from Time Square
    • Queen Room

The elevators were very slow. The staff was not helpful at all. At times they were very rude. We spent 40 minutes waiting for elevators to get up or down. The staff demanding to see your room key before entering the hotel. The room was out dated and moldy smelling.

It was a few blocks from Time Square

The location is very good
    • Superior Double Room- City View

The service provided was poor. Even getting your room made up was an issue. I had requested to remove the alcohol but nothing was done. The reception was always very busy and slow

The location is very good

Good.
    • Queen Room

The bathroom. The hotel did not offer me a Social/Cocktail/Happy Hour. Price seemed high to me.

The location was great. Felt secure with everything. Price was an issue for me. For a USD300+ /night I definitely would get twice as much of service in a hotel in Bangkok or Manila or Delhi. Maybe the price was high because this was New York. I am not sure. The hotel must be old. I liked the breakfast. I expected that I would have the Cocktail:Social/Happy Hour/Lounge offer included in the room rate, which I had in Bangkok and even in Virginia. The bathroom fittings seemed old to me. However, the hotel is good. Staff are helpful.

Average
    • Superior Double Room- City View

Room: The room did not have any amenities, even basic ones such as shower gel and a shower cap, that you would expect any hotel to have. Although the hotel claims that those amenities will be made available upon request, and despite around three to four calls over two days, we did not get what we requested. - Staff: The biggest problem is that none of the staff we requested the amenities from actually followed up with us or apologized for not being able to deliver the stuff to us. I never expected Sheraton Hotels' staff to be be so unprofessional and negligent. Staff never explained to us the locations and facilities of the hotel or how we can use the $25 per day we have paid as a mandatory fee. Staff at the reception and room service had an attitude when called, I guess to deter us from calling them again, a strategy that actually worked. - Charges and fees: It felt that the hotel wants to take money from us at every corner. We already knew about many of the charges such as the mandatory $25 per day, but it was still annoying especially that it was nearly impossible to use the $25 for anything useful. The most annoying part is that they charge you $4 PER BAG if you want to store them after checkout. They also charge around $15 per day for WIFI. - Facilities: There was a nice bar but the breakfast area and what it offer were sad.

- Location: The hotel's location was superb, right next to Times Square. Everything was walking distance which was perfect, particularly since I was traveling with my parents. - Room and amenities: the room was clean and spacious enough, taking into consideration it is in Times Square.

Comfy
    • Superior King Room- City View

In this day and age with the amount of hotels, restaurants and public spaces that have free Wifi I can’t understand why a quality brand like Sheraton can’t provide free WiFi. We didn’t want to pay 16.95/day for it, but then the cellular reception was also terrible in our room so it was a double whammy.

Good location if you want to be near Times Square and other tourist attractions (but there is less good food nearby), good comfortable bed and enough space in the room (Superior King Room), destination control lifts.

Great location very clean. But not cheap to stay in NY

Tons of elevators with very slow service! Parking was very expensive $65 for night. Maids did not clean out mini bar last guest left opened can of energy drink that I reported immed but they still chgd $13 to my card!! Working on getting it removed! Mini bar and snacks over the top ridiculously expensive!!!! Don’t touch it! I got chgd for looking! Lol

Great location walk to everything Very clean.

• Superior Double Room- City View

The room is not ready and could not check in even at 7.30pm. One of the receptionist lady was quite rude speaking to customer. She spoke to us like we owe her things.

Wont be staying here again

Elevators beyond belief. It took on average 5 minutes each time to get from lobby to floor 10. Imposition of a $25 per night fee which was not declared when I booked Room Service was rubbish. When i called to order a bottle of wine (the one I had used from the mini-bar had not been replenished in over 24 hours) I was passed to FOUR different people before it was sorted, and then took 15 minutes

Only the location - near Times Square, on 7th Ave and 50 metres from subway station

No value for money, except in Trump Tower and Trip to Ellis Island and Lady Liberty
    • Queen Room

Staying in the Sheraton Hotel on 7th and 53rd, and got (for an extra 30 dollars per night), what i thought was an upgrade to 'superior room' .. I would hate to see the standard room then.. tiny- couldn't swing a cat.. hard time waking around room without having to move something, getting into toilet, getting in /out bath.. 6.50 dollars for a tae in lobby in the evening of the sheraton and not even a tae pot, just a mug hot water and had to put tae bag in myself.. ridiculous.. 4 dollars for each bag after checkout to be stored till left..15 dollars a day for WiFi if not in superior room.. 25 dollars 'some type environmental/tourist tax' you could spend that in restaurant in lobby except all food in restaurant in lobby was way over 25 dollars.. overall would never stay there again and would not recommend to anyone. Money Money Money and no value

Central location

I will most likely seek a different hotel next time I plan to stay in midtown.

Some staff were extremely inattentive. We asked 4 time (over 2 days) to have a bathrobe sent up - each time we were told it was on its way, but the first 3 times it never came. When it finally came, the person bringing it us was rude. Elevator system is a total disaster. Fortunately we were only on the 5th floor so we could use stairs. Mattresses very lumpy.

Many of the staff were very friendly and attentive. Location is great.

State very clearly needs the needs prior to booking.
    • Superior King Room

No clear check out instructions. I was with my handicapped husband, I was asked at check in what was I looking for in a room? I was surprised that a handicapped accessible room was not offered. I asked for a room near an elevator to minimize walking, they complied.

Room was spacious

• Superior Double Room- City View

Everything is an extra. You have to pay for WiFi. You have to pay for them to keep your bags until you leave. I felt like I was cheated on the price I paid.

It is a great location and the fitness club is very nice.
    • Traditional Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Our two beds in our room were double beds and not queen size. It was a bit cozy for two people in one bed.

It is a great location and the fitness club is very nice.

Comfortable stay in the heart of the Big Apple
    • Queen Room

Close proximity to Times Square is handy but does mean it's noisy (my room was on the tenth floor and suffered from traffic noise) and you have to battle the crowds on leaving the hotel.

Extensive breakfast buffet, impressive entrance lobby, great location for Times Square, Broadway and not too far from Central Park. I thought the breakfast was expensive but they took off the $25/day tax (Destination fee) which made it affordable.

The Registration and Tours desks staff were really friendly...
    • Traditional Double Room

The staff in the Library Bar were not especially service oriented. Waited a long time at a table and were never approached even though they walked by several times. Eventually moved to bar and were able to get service.

The Registration and Tours desks staff were really friendly and helpful. The room was very comfortable.

Not enough staff on duty when checking in.
    • Superior King Room

Not enough staff on duty when checking in. Too many mistakes made with room numbers at checkin desk. Hotel offers drinking water but you have to stand in line and ask for it.

See above

See above

The 25 dollar destination fee is a rip off. I was told it would come off the balance of whatever we spent in the hotel restaurant, club room, etc. this was a blatant lie as I was charged for those charges and they missed a 25 credit in addition to charges us regular price instead of how it was explained at check-in.

This is a nice hotel with a great location, but mediocre qualities.
    • Traditional Double Room with 2 Double Beds

Because the hotel is in Times Square, it gets away with adding fees to everything. For instance, there is a fee to store your bag while you await checkin. There is also a daily fee of $25 that can be used for dining. However, the menu is beyond overpriced.

The location of the hotel is close to transit, plays, and Central Park. The hotel is renovated and clean.

The room didn’t live up to its overcharged prices.
    • Superior Double Room- City View

There was water damage on the window sill. The window wouldn’t open. No fridge or microwave. No flavored cream in the room. The dust was caked on the light fixtures. No personal touches like a welcome from the cleaning staff or chocolates on the pillows. Very bland and super small. Oh and the city view was of no name buildings. Don’t waste your money.

The staff found my journal and put it in the lost and found. You would think it would be par for the course. But this is the first hotel that ever found and saved an item I left there. Plus there is a way for them to ship it back. Yay

Enjoyed but wouldn’t stay again
    • Superior Double Room- City View

Elevator frustrating can’t be ten minute wait No bar until after 3pm returned after starting our day at 8am would of been nice to have a glass of wine with lunch in the library bar Needs a swimming pool

Breakfast good selection. Clean tidy room Room service excellent with portable table

• Traditional Double Room

Staff and I had trouble with them charging my card. I had to go down to the front desk daily. At check out everything was fine and once I returned home more charges were applied. It took me two days after returning to get it corrected. Very frustrating.

Location and cleanliness

Great hotel to stay at , especially if you’re new to New York City. Staff very helpful.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Should have a makeup mirror in bathroom as standard. Most upscale hotels provide these.

Great location. Central Park , Theatre, The Met, Carnegie Hall, NYC Central Library ,all within walking distance. Too many great attractions to pick from, choose wisely.

Not great. Not bad
    • Traditional Double Room

It was overcrowded. Elevator takes as long as 15 minutes to come. They charge to keep your luggage(per piece) after checkout!! Never seen that anywhere! 1. Please check yoir bill properly,especially if you do an express check out- they charged for consumption from minibar when we didn't have anything,though they refunded the amount promptly. 2. They gave the room 2 hours late when we checked in- they would have charged us, I'm aure if we wanted a late check out!!

The location. And prompt refund when they over charged

Location, location, location! For this reason I give this hotel an excellent.
    • Traditional Double Room

The reception staff were just 'ok' - I expected a warmer welcome. There was a very long queue when we arrived to check in & didn't get an apology to acknowledge this, however were handed out bottles of water from a nice guy (bell boy/concierge?) During breakfast, apart from one waiter (Caesar), everyone else just seemed to be going through the motion of getting through their shift. No warm welcome first thing, the 'have a nice day' didn't come across as genuine to me. Caesar however remembered us on the second morning, even our room number before we told him which I thought was a nice touch. Housekeeping wasn't up to the usual standard I've experienced in a Sheraton. Simple things like sweeping the bathroom floor & dusting the surfaces were lacking. I know these are not major but it's the little things you notice.

The best thing was the location. 10 mins in one direction & you've reached the heart of times square. 10 mins in the other direction & you're in Central Park. The breakfast buffet was plentiful, replenished frequently & very varied which we enjoyed.

The hotel is in a prime location, and the bar was ok.
    • Queen Room

The elevators took a long time to get to your floor. Sometimes, you would have to wait for the next available one if the elevator was too full.

The doormen were very helpful with flagging down taxis, and giving feedback on tour guides.

Over all the staff was amazing and so was the location. Id stay there again,without breakfast.
    • Club Double Room with Two Double Beds

A) the breakfast was really pathetic, the spread had no choice literally. B) there were no hotel slippers. Every hotel always has them C) we had to request for vanity amenities time and again. Three peole in one room and just one small bath shower which finished in one go. D) mini bar was there, but no refrigerator space for guests to keep their own stuff.

The location is the biggest plus, and hotel staff is friendly and courteous

We will never stay at the Sheraton, as there are many other great hotels in the area!
    • Traditional Double Room

Horrible Service (Frontdesk manager) How can a hotel be overbooked after we already had booked our room?

Had booked a double bed room and when we checked in we were told they were overbooked. They offered us a room with a king bed. How is it possible to overbook? We were told they would bring a cot and the cot never came (called the frontdesk several times). The Frontdesk manager seemed very indifferent. It was 11 pm and they knew we had no choice. I was extremely disappointed. I wish I had never booked with the Sheraton. There were so many other great hotels in the area.

Not pleased. Too crowded. Destination fee makes no sense
    • Superior Double Room- City View

Long lines for check in. Only 2 people working at reception. Long line to store and pickup bags. Never let us know when room was ready. needed to take inventory of mini bar in the morning while in room.

Bar area and room service

Great location & breakfast
    • Superior Double Room- City View

The weight of the blankets. They were super heavy!

The location is awesome! It is really near some subway stations, that makes all the difference in NY. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. The breakfast buffet was above all my expectations! Great waffles!

• Queen Room

The elevators system is really bad (waiting time 5mn++). Small details make a huge difference: no adaptors in the room (you can buy for 25$) and not complimentary water. The staff care is average. For the same price, better hotels down the road have more value.

Good location... But very outdated hotel with ancient plumbing.
    • Queen Room

Very outdated hotel with ancient plumbing. Beware if you send or receive a FedEx: You will be charged an extra handling fee, beyond the FedEx price ($10 just to receive it / $10 extra to send).

Good location....

Literally, Tines Square is just in front of the window.
    • Superior Double Room- City View

Got problem during check in beraudensi the staff could find my bookibg via boking.com. We have to wait for an hour for check in.

Nice strategic location. Right in the Middle of everything.

I’d recommend it.
    • Queen Room

The fridge was filled with bar items and had no room for personal items (water bottles, leftovers from dinner, snacks). However, when we turned on WiFi, a brief survey appeared asking us to rate our stay up to that point. I commented on the fridge issue, and within 30 Minutes, I received a phone call with an offer to deliver a free fridge for the rest of the stay.

It was quiet, comfortable, and well staffed.

Excellent location, had to visit reception 3 times to cancel an extra night’s charge that shouldn’t
    • Queen Room

Small charges that needed to be calculated in order to reach the final bill settlement. They shouldninclude the final billing price on the initial offer.

Location location location

Location was very central and reception desk staff were very...
    • Queen Room

Wifi was not provided nor parking nor breakfast considering the amount paid per night!

Location was very central and reception desk staff were very friendly.

Disappointing, room was fine but apart from that everything else was no way near worth the cost

Insanely long wait to check in. Internet was extortionate, had to toggle my phone as not spending 15 dollars for 24 hours. Expensive to keep my bag in a luggage room - the amount you pay for rooms it should be free to leave your bag there especially as my room wasn't ready. Requested early check in, know it's not guaranteed but absolutely no effort to try and get me into a room earlier and i had to get changed in the toilets for a whole day of work after a red eye flight. Elevator system was a joke, had to wait for about 10 minutes at a time to get to the floor i needed.

Clean, comfortable and great location!
    • Standard Queen Room

Noise is always a factor in Times Square, but in this instance, the noise was from the other room doors opening and closing in the hallway. This is easily addressed for guests so that we don’t wake up each time someone enters or exits their room. Prices in the bar were higher than hotels in the heart of Times Square.

The lobby, common areas and rooms were all very clean and well kept, even in a weekend of rain and all the mess that goes with it. Staff were friendly, but unnecessarily firm or abrupt in some instances. Bed was comfortable, and room was a nice size. I’m likely to stay here again!

I will never stay in a Sheraton property again. They are unethical and incompetent.
    • Traditional Double Room with 2 Double Beds

The lifts that took 15 minutes to arrive on one occasion. I had to walk down 9 floors to check out. The “destination charge” that they tried to make at $25 / day + tax. This can only be described as a rip-off. I point blank refused to pay it. Booking.com states the amount you pay and they try to add as much to this as possible including fictitious mini bar purchases and other charges. I could forgive a mistake but I have stayed there twice in the last week and the second visit was even more of a debacle. They just try to put charges on your bill in the hope that you won’t query it. The rooms are small and hardly any room to unload cases. They are very “tired” too. The shower is set to minimise the amount of water they use so consequently your shower will take longer! The attitude of the reception staff is somewhat unhelpful. The blankets on the beds are very heavy and uncomfortable.

• Traditional Double Room

The food and drink were way too expensive for a 4 star hotel ,breakfast was a disgrace for the price struck me as a hotel to maximise every trick to relieve you of your money

The Sheraton is a classy, comfortable hotel with great food and an amazing staff.
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our toilet was slow flushing, and even clogged once. There was also a steady leak from the sink's cold water handle when it was on. It was the only disappointment. of the entire stay.

The beds were clean and comfy. The breakfast buffet was AMAZING, with a huge selection of first rate items. All the staff were helpful well beyond expectations. Your people are your greatest asset.

I liked the subway stops that were close and the...

I would have rather been right in Times Square because the stores are open late and it’s fun to walk out of the hotel and be right there. I didn’t like that they didn’t tel me it was $3/each for luggage storage on the day we left...so it cost me $28 for the few hours I had to burn before going to the airport.

I liked the subway stops that were close and the knowledgeable staff to explain it. I didn’t have to make many transfers so that was great. I liked being closer to Central Park, 5th ave, Rockefeller center, and MOMA.

Such a bad experience never again
    • Superior Double Room- City View

They did not find confirmation. I had to wait about an hour at the reception after 11 hours flight. Safe box did not work. they told me to wait in the room until they come. But I had to go meeting. They would not give a definite time. I gave up.

As you check out, they charge something called...
    • Superior Double Room- City View

As you check out, they charge something called "destination fee ($25 /night + tax)" for everyone. You don't find this information when you book. Even in non-cancellation option. But you get the info after you pay (in the bottom of the confirmation email) for your hotel and are not able to cancel... be aware.

It’s was nice, loved the location and the value for the location was great.
    • Standard Queen Room

Our shade was broken so could not make it as dark as I would have liked when the sun rose.

I enjoyed having the coffee available in the hotel but would have been nice to have complimentary coffee in the morning as so many hotels do.

Property and staff excellent
    • Superior Double Room- City View

Beds were really small. Did not fit family of 4 comfortably. Unless you have little kids. 2 teens or 2 adults in bed regular size was not comfortable.

Very friendly front desk staff, easy to and from everywhere in the city, including a Yankee game!
    • Traditional Double Room with 2 Double Beds

My refrigerator was open after we returned from a day and tried to get someone to fix it, dont want to get blamed for breaking it:(

Very comfortable and easy access to everywhere in the city!!

Overall we had a great experience in this hotel!
    • Traditional Double Room

The beds were pretty small! I was expecting two queen size beds, but there were full size, or maybe even smaller!

The bell service was absolutely amazing! The elevators were having problems the morning we left & the bellman took us down a staff elevator to get us downstairs quickly. The bellman also arrived very promptly when we called them.

will not repeat.
    • Queen Room

1, at arrival we receive different type of rooms. 2. elevators were extremely slow for number of guests. 3. If hotel does not have rooms reserved ready at 6pm of day of check in there is a problem.

Excellent location, there were always cabs in front of the hotel for quick response to transport!

The lobby elevators were completely backed up as there was a In young peoples conference while we were there with 1000 students attending, me and my daughter ended up walking up 26 flights of stairs out of desperation to return to our room

Had no breakfast while there as it was way overpriced

It was an ok stay
    • Queen Room

I liked the hotel and it’s locatipn but my room was not what I expected i chose a king bed but was put in a small room with two queen beds my comforter was dirty my toilet was not clean, my daughter fell on my luggage coming in the room because it was dark The entrance light was broken then Saturday evening I was not feeling well and so I was resting in my room when I heard a loud banging on my door because some other hotel guests were smoking in their room. Overall it was not a great stay for the cost .

• Queen Room

I didn’t like my card being authorized 4 times without a clear explanation or break down of cost. I also was unhappy that I had to clean my bathroom upon arrival, mostly the toilet. Looks like they gave it a quick wipe down

Other than for the complaint below, I was extremely...

My complaint is that I was charged a Destination charge of approx $28 - in effect i was being forced to spend money at the restaurants or other events to get a $25 discount. It was not optional so if I did not use it I still had to pay. I don’t know whether the fault lies with the hotel or Booking.com. The confirmed booking had a total amount and this was extra. When I spoke to the manager, he indicated that is something to be taken up with Booking.com. I made the booking based on a price and I was charged more.

Other than for the complaint below, I was extremely satisfied.

This hotel has seen better days!

The Sheraton use to be a glamour chain. Sadly those days are gone. The rooms looked tired. Worst of all we’re the lifts. It took ages to get up and down to the rooms. The other challenge the electronic door keys. Half the time you’d wait for ages to get a lift to your room and then find you couldn’t open the door and would have to navigate back down to reception. This also kept happening to my work colleagues. I’d recommend going to do a boutique hotel or AirBnB!

Gym was excellent

Great place to stay.
    • Club Double Room with Two Double Beds

I cannot not think of anything that I did not like

The staff was wonderful. They were quick to aid you or answer your questions. I especially want to add a plus for the staff at the club breakfast brunch. The facility was very clean. It was a quiet building once you closed your door you did not hear anything. It was a pleasure to stay there.

This is a great location, very pricey though

The staff at the reception desk was not very nice. The initial guy was very condescending and borderline very rude. Like it was a bother for him to help me. The first room was filthy and smelled horrible so I had to wait and be moved to another room that was clean and did not smell. The second room was better. The staff at check out was very nice

The bed was very comfortable and the location was great

THE ROOM AND THE BEDS WERE VERY COMFORTABLE
    • Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds

THERE WERE TO MANY PEOBLE AND THE ELEVEITORS COLLAPSED, WHAT CAUSED THE LOSS OF A TOUR BY THE CITY THAT WAS PAID

THE ROOM AND THE BEDS WERE VERY COMFORTABLE

I would definitely stay here again, because the location was perfect and the hotel was quite nice.
    • Superior Double Room- City View

The parking was very pricey, although it was convenient. I paid extra for a "city view" and was disappointed with the view. I was expecting a view of more than the neighboring high rise.

The hotel was very clean and the room was fairly spacious for NYC. The location was perfect for our trip. Very centrally located to good restaurants, Times Square, and plays.

Aside from the elevators, we thoroughly enjoyed our time at the Sheraton.
    • Superior King Room

The elevator system was inefficient and seemed to create an unsafe, uncomfortable, and unpleasant experience. It didn’t matter how many people pushed the button the elevator keeps assigning 1 elevator to a huge crowd, was over the posted 10 people maximum. Once on the elevator, we would stop at random floors where people had accidentally pushed or found another elevator. It caused a huge backup and especially long wait to come down every time. It seems if you change your algorithm to redistribute the elevator after every 4th push to assign to a new elevator it would be much more effective and timely. Not to mention safe.

The staff was incredibly kind and helpful. Our view was amazing and the room was clean and comfortable.

Great location, clean and safe.

Just like everything else in New York, restaurant meals and drinks are way overpriced. $40 (includes taxes and mandatory service charge) for their breakfast buffet. You be the judge.

Bed was comfortable. The room and bathroom were clean and updated. Will stay again. Rebecca at the front desk was a superstar! Made the check in experience a 10+.

Great location, really nice bedding.
    • Superior Double Room- City View

The noise in the surrounding rooms was loud and necessitated a call to manager. This has happened on two stays! The bathrooms should be equipped with makeup mirrors.

The bed and bedding are really nice, comfortable. The towels in this room were nice; in the past, the towels were thin and stiff.

Despite being close to the office I wouldn't stay again.
    • Queen Room

The enhanced elevator system was absurdly slow. The room was tiny with a bathroom I could barely move in. And the undisclosed $50/night "destination fee" is borderline larceny. I'm contemplating doing a credit card charge back due to its excessive and hidden nature.

I got a room and wasn't bumped for the event.

Great location, and definitely worth the price when it's...

It was a very busy hotel, often huge groups of people congregating in the common area and people coming and going through the halls. It would quiet down at night but was still a bit annoying at times. Leaving your luggage for the day is not complimentary but requires $4 cash - not terrible but good to be aware.

Great location, and definitely worth the price when it's discounted

Horrible service and attitudes from employees
    • Superior Double Room- City View

The beds were small and felt like cardboard. Staff was extremely rude and unaccomadating rooms were not city view as adverised. Our only view was an office building. Will never stay here again. The only friendly staff were the luggage handlers.

Location and the luggage handlers.

Excellent central location, good service, lovely Club Lounge experience!
    • Club Double Room with Two Double Beds

You can notice that the hotel is going to need some renovation in the coming years: some of the surfaces seem a little weary already. Did not bother us though! Otherwise I have nothing to complain.

Everything was fine with this hotel! The location is great for a first-time NYC visitor: most tourist attractions within walking distance and others easy to reach with the underground (also very good public connections to JFK airport). I would especially like to recommend the Sheraton Club level rooms because of the guaranteed city views and also for the excellent breakfast and evening hors d’oeuvres. The evening snack was more generous than I expected, and our family of four aqtually saved quite a lot of money not having to eat out every evening. The club lounge was also very nice and comfortable. The staff were really friendly and polite!

Over priced and uncomfortable.

The location is good for time square.

This hotel is not worth the money. The elevator system is crazy and you sometimes wait 30 min for an elevator. The rooms are small and dirty. The beds are like sleeping on the floor. The staff is rude and not helpful. One of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had.

We were suppose to stay longer but becaseu of the Norestern storm on Wednesday we had to leave .
    • Queen Room

I didn't like the fact that they didn't tell us that 2000+ students from a UN simulation course was also staying at the same hotel and at 1:00am in the morning they were parting all night long ): that I didn't like at all...

The locations was the best , the hotel was nice too, the staff were super nice and gave us nice advise on tours, and shows.

It was adequate
    • Traditional Double Room

When I arrived they did not have the room that we booked available and wanted to set me up in a lesser room with one bed and a pull out couch. When I insisted that we get more than that it took 20 minutes to get an answer from the manager and finally after that we were approved. The speed of the elevators was poor. My room was facing 7th Avenue which was loud at 6 in the morning due to a marathon taking place. The shower had poor water pressure.

I thought that the room and bed were comfortanle and clean.