Reviews of Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental 4 stars

15700 John F. Kennedy Boulevard, Houston, TX 77032, USA

#73 of 389 hotels in Houston

Nothing - it was more room than I needed, and it all worked out great.

I got this as a last minute deal, when I was looking for a hotel to avoid an early morning trip to Houston for a 7 am flight. I was very grateful that they allowed me to leave my car in the lot for the duration of my trip, instead of having to drive it to a long-term parking lot. If we factor in the savings from the 7-day parking, I probably paid $50 for the room.

Due to flight we stayed at the Sheraton next to IAH airport. The best thing about this hotel was the staff especially Kenneth at the front desk this guy offered impeccable service & no task was a problem & he always offered a smile an asset to the Sheraton. The hotel has a free shuttle to & from IAH. There is a lot going on at the Sheraton with multiple conference rooms & multiple aircrews checking in & out. They had a big deep outside pool which was very good also a decent gym area. We ate at the restaurant which served standard US food & the breakfast was ok with hot n cold options. Room was darker style more classic not huge but ok with a fridge, coffee maker, tv, safe bathroom had fully enclosed glass shower so all in all very practical.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I order food to my room and was cold . Also order 1 glass of wine that never was brought to my room . The side salad was literally like 3 tablespoons and had a piece of plastic . Surprise from Sheraton as I love to stay in their hotels.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wouldn’t help arrange transport from airport since their shuttle wasn’t WC accessible. No room ready on my arrival. Waited 45 min. Understaffed front desk. Person to help with bags also airport shuttle driver and this is at 9 am! This is not a Sheraton owned. Independent operator. Stay at another place for this price.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not recommended what so ever ! WiFi not working in the rooms/apartments , nor the telephone was working throughout staying period , dishes allocated are used and abused made them not suitable for use , cleaning services are not the best , swimming pool not clean , staff and hotel management are aggressive , Overall assessment the hotel requires revamping including staff and management replacement

Nothing other than the location

Free shuttle from airport. Decent room. Fast checkin. BUT BIG THANKS TO THE SHUTTLE BUS DRIVER WHO SAID “you just missed the transfer to the airport, so hop in and I will take you to the Car Rental Centre” GREAT SERVICE. REWARD THIS GUY !

Sometimes can hear airplanes The head shower did not had enough flow

Location was very good (5 minutes driving with the free shuttle buss at airport) A/C was nice and easy to control The room was big same as photos Bed was comfortable Checkin was fast I used Gym and the instruments were of good quality

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Smoking allowed outdoors, especially pool area. Temperature in reception and restauraunts a bit cool.

Free frequent airport transfers. Friendliness of staff.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

- Staff not very helpfull and not always very kind. - The quality and service is not the one you would expect from a Sheraton hotel. - Housekeeping is below standard: very poor cleaning and dirty rooms.

- Location near aiport (3 km), but about 25 km from downtown Houston. - Great gym. - Good wifi. - Free car parking.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I don’t like dipping that far into my pocket, but I am just so tired of sleeping in airports. A nice hot tub or sauna to go along with that outdoor pool would really spice things up...

Top notch customer service! Everyone was very friendly and welcoming, even reeeeally early in the morning. Airport shuttle, bed made of luxury, and my room had a couch! I was a bleary eyed dirty young traveller her first time paying for a fancy hotel of her own, and they didn’t bat an eye. And the restaurant had like 2 vegetarian options, which is pretty good around airports!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The meal was okay, except the fries were cold.

It was close to the airport and I was able to store my skis while I continue my U.S. travel before flying back home. The staff were helpful for arranging travel.

• King Room - Club Floor

My only complaint was the restaurant/bar. Food is adequate. The cost of drinks is excessive AND I personally watched a bar tender add some water to my Martini. I asked him to redo the drink and he said that was the way WE do it. He did not redo the drink. Even mixed drinks were so weak that I could not taste the alcohol and they were doubles at $ 20.00 each. I will not stay there again because I prefer to eat and drink in the hotel.

Club room breakfast were very good. Very good employee that manages the room.

Dumpy dingy feel. Front desk understaffed . Long wait to check in. Chipped paint, small king room( 2 people could not pass between the bed and the wall), dingy tired feeling throughout. Don’t know if it was clean but it did not feel clean.

• King Room - Club Floor

Pillows didn't have covers! We requested and received the covers 2 hours later in the middle of the night. They also tried to bill me for already included breakfast.

Facilities are very good indeed, but as a airport hotel I don't think the staff is through like the regular Sheratons. Breakfast is good, but don't forget to get your coupons if breakfast is included.

bathroom was very small. Received 5am wake-up calls both days that I did NOT request or set up.

Very clean. Check in and check out were super simple.

More than $15 of hidden fees. Either booking.com or the hotel's front desk should inform you about this and not your bank account statement! I got a receipt from the hotel that was way less what they charged me. Poor communication

Restaurant on site

The only complaint I have is that the water in the shower didn't keep a consistent temperature. The water would go in approximately 30 second cycles of extremely hot to extremely cold, regardless of the setting of the shower valve handle, which was very annoying to deal with.

The bed was incredibly comfortable, the facility was high class, clean, and well maintained. The elevators were fast, amenities plentiful, and the overall feel of the hotel far exceeded the price point that I paid for the room.

Terrible customer service from front desk staff. Spent an hour trying to check-in. The rate I booked at booking.com was not honored, and ended up paying more.

It would have been nice if there was help in getting our luggage to the room

When we first went to our room it was noisy as the vending/drinks/ice machine was right outside our bedroom. We asked that we could change and there was no fuss and was very helpful in giving us another room. The restaurant was fine and the food was very good for the price. It was a stopover while we got our flight the next morning.

Not great restaurant in the hotel - looked more like a bar. Seemed like a second thought. The restaurants around the hotel were all chain like - not inspiring.

The young woman who checked me in was extraordinary welcoming and helpful. She even very kindly arranged a cab for me to the mall - I wish I could remember her name. Room was great. Quiet and very comfortable. Good location only a few minutes from airport.

Could not find our prepaid reservation Old hotel Really tired and could not get into our room for ages Waited 3/4 hour Pick up service was 3/4 hour too.

Proximity to airport Gteat bed

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel phones were down so we couldn’t call them from the airport asking for their shuttle. Got into bed only to find the TV wasn’t working. Because phones weren’t working, had to get up and get dressed to go down to the lobby to tell them about the TV. Man arrived to look at the TV and told us it wasn’t working properly. He went away and eventually came back with another TV but by then it was too late in the evening.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I booked a single night in North Houston Sheraton in order to have a comfortable night with my Family (couple with 2 kids). We had an international connection in Houston with an interval of 12h between them. I decided by Sheraton due to its branding imagining that it should represent a safe choice to have a relaxing night with my family. However it was an enormous deception. In order to summarize my experience, I will describe only one problem we have: we arrived at 10 pm in the hotel. At 11 pm I decided to buy some water in the vending machine of my room floor. It was sold out in the vending machine of my floor. - I thought, no problem. Let´s go to the floor just below. My little boy was in pajamas with me. It also was sold out at that vending machine. After that, we tried in all floor 10 floors. So far my kid was having fun in a hunting of water. But our efforts were unsuccessful. - Ok. Let´s go to buy in the ground floor on the main entrance where has a small shop. There we can find. It also was sold out. - Ok. Don´t worry. Let´s talk to the front desk attendant and order some water. The room service can bring it for us. Take it easy! - Hi madame. Can you help me ? I tried to buy some water at vending machines of all floors and here at shop. It is sold out everywhere. Can you provide me a 2 bottles of water ? - Let me see! Oh! Sorry my sir. We are sold out of water here. Said the attendant. - Ok. Can you ask to somebody to send me to my room ? I was almost begging. - Sir, we don´t have the key of the stock here. We don´t have water in the hotel. - But the restaurant must have water. No ? - The restaurant closed at 11pm. Sorry, we don´t have water. At this time, I rubbed my eyes and I played my last card. - Madame, we are in Houston/USA in a Sheraton Hotel. Don´t you have water to serve to the guests ? - I apologize, but we cannot do anything. Said the very polite attendant. Important to say, it was a normal week without any storms or rains.

Airport transfer is nice in a good shuttle.

Amenities could be better. Shop is sparse, and no espresso without club access, not even to purchase.

Room was clean and comfortable. Close to airport with free shuttle (although you may wind up ubering to airport if too many people are waiting for shuttle).

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

No phones, wake up knock on door was 25 minutes late!, wait at airport for shuttle was 30 minutes , no effort to give us the most comfortable room eg ( we have an inner room that has no fresh air or perhaps you might like the quieter side of the up,building et ),2 staff chatted away about some cell phone request ignoring us in line.

Could not get through to someone to get the shuttle to come pick me up from the airport.....kinda upsetting to have to spend 20.00 when you didn't really have to if the someone would have picked up the phone.

Friendly

• King Room - Club Floor

Can’t believe a Hotel of this standing only had one plug point which was under the table. We had 4 bags so had to take porters trolley to get bags upstairs

Location - convenient as only 1 night in USA on way to Central America

On Sunday food options limited and restaurant too busy with a conference to service paying guests.

Front desk staff check in was great , bar and cafe service friendly, as were housekeeping.

Parking is always full there and difficult to find--it is because they are always full which is a good thing for the hotel but I wish they would add valet parking.

Comfortable, staff very helpful and pleasant

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

My suitcase was stolen out of the hotel shuttle I flew home for Christmas with nothing and the hotel took zero responsibility for it. I would never stay at Sheraton again.

I BOOKED A KING SIZE ROOM, WHEN I CHECKED IN I WAS GIVEN A 2 BED DOUBLE, SHOWED MY CONFRIMATION, THE FRONT DESK PERSON SAID THAT WAS ALL THAT SHE HAD.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

As mentioned my stay was very short and my needs few which were satisfied. The only black spot was that the hotel curtesy phone at the airport was difficult to find and did not work.

You're practically at the airport which is great if you're in transit like I was and has shuttle service which was efficient and timely. Having a 6 hour layover which turned into 5 and arriving at 12:30am, it gave me just enough time to enjoy a shower and some shut eye which was exactly what I needed. My room was clean and the water was hot.

Toilet was really small. Room was too dark. Parking was very full but I hardly saw anyone in the hotel.

How near it was to the airport. Beds were really comfortable

Instructions on how to access airport shuttle upon arrival were not very clear. I had to phone hotel and given that I didn't have a mobile that could access US numbers without paying exhorbitant rates, I was very grateful that the lady at the airport information booth allowed me to phone on her phone. I suggest you have the hotel phone number written down unlike me which caused problems.

Very quiet in the room even though it is in close proximity to the airport runways. Staff were very obliging.

The walls were super thin and the bed was not comfortable at all. The linen was cheap and continued to come off the mattress throughout the night. As an SPG member, there were no additional amenties extended and according to front desk staff, we were supposedly placed in "the best king size room" they had available but I beg to differ. Thankfully, this was only a one night stay.

Absolutely nothing.

Missing fridge. Bathrooms seem to have come into the years, might need some renovation.

Very helpful shuttle service to and from the airport. Ideal hotel for a stop over.

• King Room - Club Floor

Would appreciate a list of TV channels. (could not easily find Fox news or BBC) The electronic door keys (also used to access floors 9 & 10 in the lift) are too weak, ver frustrating! Once asked for a wake-up call, which was forgotten ! Bar prices were rarther high.

Very Quiet Room temperature control excellent Club floor is very convenient & efficient Scrambled egg was very cold. Club floor food was not available for long enough (gone by 9am & gone by 5pm)

When we arrived, they did not have our reservation that we made through Booking.com. However, they accepted our payment and gave us an upgraded room which was awesome.

Good shower, soft bed, great airport shuttle and close to the airport. Good house wine at the bar there.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The ambience and breakfast.the rooms were clean.the staff are very friendly and was even able to help to keep our luggage in the store while we went away for a week.

• King Room - Club Floor

Upon checking out - the staff could havr informed me about the top of the hour shuttle. I could have sat, and waited in my room instead of the lobby.

The property is very elegant. The staff was inviting, and courteous.

• King Room - Club Floor

This is an older property much in need of a refurbishment. Either lower the rack rate and keep the sub standard property or close the property and carry out the refurbishment.

Bed was comfortable

Parking was difficult!

Luxurious and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and welcoming, and the location is very easy to get to! The hotel itself is beautiful, and very clean!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bar / dining area was so cold due to the air conditioning I went elsewhere for the evening for diner & drinks on both the occasions I stayed there in a fortnight

Everything was great except for the temperature setting on the air conditioning in the bar / dining area

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The driver of the airport shuttle was a bit confused and took us around the airport 3 times before dropping us off. I don’t know if he kept missing the exit to our terminal or what was the problem. He was looking to pick someone up and lost a lot of time ... 25 minutes trip.

Comfortable and clean

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel was really close the airport and the free airport shuttle is great for a morning flight since it runs every hour. The room was big and had a comfy bed.

They over sold for the night so we didn’t get the king room we needed, the staff was rude. There was a couple next to us going through the same thing. The manager wasn’t willing to discuss it remedy the mistake they made by overbooking the rooms. However, booking.com did. There was scratches from a dog on the furniture and old blood stains on the bedding and the room was very cramped!

The rate I received through booking.

• King Room - Club Floor

As mentioned I understood that all Sheraton had a standard to meet. This hotel was dusty and dirty. Mirrors in our room was dirty and the handle on our bathroom fell off in my husband hand. Rm 1004 Bathroom was very small.

Staff very helpful and friendly. Club floor very very disappointing. Dusty and dirty. We have stayed at club floors before and for the extra we paid was very disappointed. Snack just ok , had to pay for drinks (wine beers etc) Really in club lounge. The lounge had 4 people in it and I can see why. I thought Sheraton hotel had a standard to meet. We spent time in japan Sheraton club lounge and that was a wow. You need to tidy up your act if you want to keep clients .

Booking.com reservation was not present when we arrived. Despite email confirmation from Booking.com, the hotel had no record of our reservations (2). Major mix-up sorted out by manager. I will not book with Booking.com again. My advice is to book directly with hotel. Avoid Booking.com

Great beds and shower.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The driver of their shuttle was rude and aggressive. When he asked if I had just called, I replied that I had called three times over a 40 minute period. That angered him. He responded by telling me he didn't like dealing with people like me. He made an angry face at me. Then he told me again that he didn't like dealing with people like me. The only things I said were to reply that I had called three times and to ask if I were to take my luggage to the back of the van or the side. I made no other comment, even when he tried to bait me and scowled that angry face at me. I even tipped him $5 for the ten-minute drive and it didn't change his attitude. I would not go back to that hotel simply because of the shuttle driver's amazing negative attitude.

Staff at check-in were polite and efficient. Room was nice.

• King Room - Club Floor

When I did the check in at the Front Desk, they never found my booking reservation (even though I gave them the printed copy). I was assigned a room of a lower category than I had booked through Booking.com (At the same rate!). The Hotel didn't respect the terms of my reservation; the treatment I received as a guest who made the reservation through booking was deplorable

Stayed in the Hotel Sheraton North Houston at George Bush Intercontinental for 1 night after a long flight. Super comfortable mattress and spotlessly clean room.

Staff is not too helpful at first and they don’t explain the payments or holds they make to your credit card. But price is good and is a good hotel. Worths the money.

Excelent room, confortable bed and very good room service.

They did not find my Reservation at first , and then charged me more than the agreed (very good) room rate, so I had to make them Aware of the issue. And make sure you call the shuttle otherwise you wait forever....

Room very clean and nice, and very conveniantly located

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Sometimes noisy due to airplanes departing at IAH

Excellent location (very close to IAH), clean and spacious rooms, I got a room in a quiet part of the hotel (as requested).

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The property is getting old/worn out, could be cleaner especially the hall and public spaces.

Short stay, the beds are very good. Through Booking.com I got a fantastic last minute rate.

Nothing to complain about

Very friendly staff everyone was very welcoming front desk,housekeeping not sure what the other staff did there that ive came across while there but anyone that i went pass would say hello and ask how im doing and i know they worked there cause they had badges or name tags on the shirts. Ill definitely go back the best stay ive had when staying in houston i must say.

All the good will of the staff fell through because of that confusion they made themselves. Initially they gave me a room, that, when I entered it, was occupied!!! Then the furniture was really old, same can be said about the bathroom.

The staff tried to be nice, in especial the ladies at the breakfast room. TV was also good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was unprofessional, and discourteous. The rooms were not Sheraton standard. The tubs were peeling and in need of deep resurfacing, they don't clean mirrors nor glass. The room, nor hallways are vacuumed. Not any variety in the restaurants.

I did love the vicinity of the hotel in proximity to the airport. However, the hotel is about 23 miles minimum from anything of interest, ie, shopping, fine dining, attractions etc.

About the only problems I would have with the property was the size of the bathroom is so small you have to almost back up on the side of the toilet to be able to close the door. Also the water pressure in the shower was not very good but still workable.

It's an older but still very beautiful property right next to the airport. There are good reasonable eating places right across the street. The bed was comfortable and clean the room very nice we will be going back.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room is dated & bathroom could have been cleaner. The breakfast buffet food was at best luke warm & biscuits were hard & did not seem fresh.

Location to airport

• King Room - Club Floor

Front desk couldn’t find my reservation for a long time despite me calling them and booking 2 times. Long lines as check in. A/C was extremely loud. Need ear plugs to sleep.

Location was close to the airport which is what I needed. Rooms were clean

Bed was great...the sheets were old and came off of the edges.

We ordered off the menu and the breakfast was one of the best we got during our entire 14 day trip.

My booking on both occasions could not be found 1st time due to an error on booking.com side send time the front desk tyoed it in incorrectly. After a whole day of flying this is not pleasant

The mattress and pillows where incredibly comfortable

Super easy to catch the shuttle to and from the hotel and to get checked in and out - We only had about 14 hours between flights and every minute counted for us to get some rest while on our way home. Hotel made this easy : )

Couldn't really fault anything.

We enjoyed our stay, the service in the restaurant was excellent and the staff was very attentive. Further the shuttle was excellent, they picked us up at the airport and they helped us later to get our rental car. We'd stay again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Check in process took a very long time. We have made a 3 room reservation and receptionist did not understand it. He had a very difficult time in figuring out what was going on. After all done he came twice to the restaurant where we are having dinner by the lobby to ask what was our room numbers.

Convenient located by the airport. Nice rooms and good restaurant at lobby.

I couldn't enjoy the room because of the noises coming from the electrical room next door

I liked the room and the amenities it had, specially the comfy bed.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Check in was problematic, they couldn’t find my booking. Apparently sometimes they have problems with interfacing with booking.com? Walls paper thin - could hear every word next door and in hallway and it sounded like from some rooms opposite the hallway. First night, bad nights sleep from all the noise, receive a 5:45am wake up call that I DID NOT order. Ok whatever, mistakes happen. Called reception said I didn’t order a wake up call and to please make sure it didn’t happen again. Second night, tired looking forward to an early night. Housekeeping was vacuuming and servicing rooms and hallway at 9.00pm at night. Very noisy. Again could hear everything. Then AGAIN at 5:45am same wake up call that I did not order. I called reception and said again it’s happened and now I would like a discount in consideration. She advised she would take of it. Checked out, told the guy at reception again that I expected some kind of a small refund for this and he assured me. I took the paperwork and left to catch the shuttle as we were in a rush to get away. When I checked the paperwork later, no refund applied. I wasn’t expecting a lot, but some small consideration for my inconvenience of being woken up early morning twice unexpectedly is not beyond the bounds I would’ve thought . I will be taking it up with them.

Good things first - location to airport great, free shuttle service leaving hotel every 30mins great, pool good, room service was prompt and accurate.

Disappointed in the check in process..We actually had our stay delayed because of the flooding..the airport was closed and we only could stay 1 night..very disappointed that we were charged for both nights..yet we arrived at 9 am that day and had to wait till 3 for our room because they and filled the room they were still charging us for..double pay for them????

They charged me more and I don't know why? Be aware that the location is far away from the city

Great option for early flights, because you're quite far away from the city. The service was good and they have a shuttle to the airport every hour.

The free airport shuttle service runs every 30mins from hotel for departures. Make sure to call on arrival to let them know you need a pick up and confirm pick up location.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel bus from Airport was not good. We called Hotel front desk from airport just right after arrival, the lady on the phone said the bus would come 10-20min. but it did not show up over 30min. We called again and waited another 20min. After long fright, these waiting time was just made us another tiredness. Please check all the terminal, hotel bus driver. starbucks counter was settled but out of service all day long. There was not any store to buy little things,food nor drink.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had a bit of trouble with our key but it was quickly replaced by the staff.

The staff were very cheerful and helpful. The restaurants were very suitable for the sort of food I wanted. The shuttle to the airport the next morning was appreciated.

• King Junior Suite

We didn't think it really could rate itself as four star as decore, staffing, pool area etc all seem tired and we were forced to choose the expensive junior suite option as they was all that was available on the booking site. Not value for money.

We only stayed here as our original accommodation was cancelled following the hurricane and it was all we could find but we felt safe that it was close to the airport. The day manager was professional and helpful.

Nothing at all, thoroughly satisfied.

Location, minutes from the airport, which is a godsend after a long tiring get flight. The pool was great, just the right size, allowing time to relax in the sun and unwind.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Everything was fine.

I arrived late and left early on a 10 hour layover and so did little more than sleep here but the room was very comfortable and the bed was great.