Reviews of Sheraton Pleasanton 3 stars

5990 Stoneridge Mall Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588, USA

#9 of 13 hotels in Pleasanton

• Deluxe Double Room

The room was quite hot and stuffy. We tried to cool it down but it was still stuffy. Would be nice to have windows that open a few inches.. The stock of wines in the bar was down to 4 choices. We were told they were going to do some remodeling. I hope they put read doors in the bathrooms. Pocket doors can be difficult.

The young man at the bar/restaurant was very nice and helpful. The room was comfortable but warm.

We upgraded to club room and had b'fast at the club dining hall both days. Tiny selection of items; food, plates and coffee ran out both days. No one was there to refill or attend to the guests. Coffee machine even wasn't working the second day!

Reception staff was very friendly and location was great. Train station is next to the hotel and Stoneridge shopping mall is right opposite the hotel, with a good selection of shopping and eateries!

The room I was assigned had an unmade bed and bedsheets thrown on the chair nearby so I had to go back down to the desk and ask for another room. I had to wait before they cleaned another room for me. My check in was at about 6:30pm. The next morning , no one was available at the front desk to check out in the morning at 5;30. I waited until an employee showed up but to no avail. I was late for my job in the area. the hotel was nice enough and bed comfortable though. Needs a remodel which I noticed was planned for this summer. Pet friendly and free , so that was a plus.

Elevetors are pretty old

The food is overpriced for the selection of food available. Is the same type of food that you get similar hotels for free. It is not worth $16 per person

The hotel is right near the freeway so there was a lot of outside noise. Would have been nice to have a refrigerator or microwave in the room for convenience. There was one in the snack shop but who wants to leave the comfort of your room to warm up food for a midnight snack.

The room was nice and clean.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was dark. Desk lamp not working, my note was ignored. No room service one day. Wet towels. No hooks or towel bars in bathroom! Drawers on the dresser fall open- had to prop them closed with the luggage rack to get past them! The small "store " needs to sell some food, like crackers & cheese, yogurt cups, milk. I requested a room in front of building. My room was in back- freeway traffic is loud at times.

Clean, warm room, great hot showers, good beds & bedding. Good parking, nice staff. The bedside tech unit had a nice clock & BSB plugs for my iPhone. I did feel safe here, traveling alone. The daily WSJ paper & good coffee in my room was much appreciated!

The facility was a lot older than I expected and from what the pictures online showed. We were highly disappointed. I saw remodeling starts this summer.. that’s exciting and much needed.

• Double Room - Disability Access

Surprisingly lacking in some little things that I would expect. No fridge or microwave, no hooks in the bathroom for hanging up clothes or a towel. No extra blanket or pillow in a closet or drawer. Also the heater blower was super-noisy in our room.

Quickly fixed a booking error.

• Deluxe Double Room

To keep my boys calm I wish there was a HDMI on the TV for my boys to play their game. This helps me when traveling with them also no microwave or fridge.

We are always treated with a smile and respect. Staff is always helpful.they always acknowledge my little dog and make him feel welcome.

Dirty carpets, lots of people hanging out in the check in area, reservation agents didn't seem to care, room was not made up after first night. Ice machine broken. Hotel has a general vibe of being broken down and neglected.

The bed was great!

The bed was so bad that I will never go back. Every time you moved the bed would make such a loud noise it would wake my lady. Which killed everything else about the great room. The one thing that should be perfect is the bed right? If they change the bed it will be a wonderful room.

The room was nice, clean, and open.

The hotel decor, if you call it that, was like stepping back into the 1970’s the carpet was old looking and spotty, the furniture was uncomfortable. There was no refrigerator in the room, the TV was on an old beat up white table that matched nothing else in the room. The desk was old and worn. Too many other things to write about but don’t have time to do it.

I had left a personal item in the room after I checked out. I called and emailed, staff had promised that housekeeping would come back to me but no one bothered. I rang the same day as I had checked out so the issue was fresh and could have been handled that day.

Everything was great no issues

My 95year old mom with Alzheimer’s got evacuated from her retirement home in Sonoma. I stayed the week and the Sheraton was very kind to me. Thank you especially at a challenging time.

• Double Room - Disability Access

The grounds & inside the hotel are very worn. Beds are extra extra firm. To hard. The pool area was out of towels & had dish's left on tables. We had dinner at hotel, not a good choice. When we arrived in our room 1st night, the bathroom had standing water. It took 6 towels to mop up. Was told by front desk they would move us the next day. Then told us the next day nothing was available. We stayed 3 nights. Tried to talk to a Manager morning we were leaving & was told no mgr on duty? We were charged full price/ which was charged on Credit Card that we used to secure room. But provided them with Credit Card we needed everything to be charged to upon arrival.

The location was close to the mall for shopping.

• Club King Room

I've stayed at many Sheratons, so I was a little surprised at how this one looked. It's not that it was terrible, but it just looked very dated. It could definitely use some updating in certain areas.

Overall, the room was nice. The staff were nice as well.

• Deluxe Double Room

Showerhead leaked and even do we signed in with 3 people only 2 towels where left everyday. It whas good that we ourselves had spare towels

Room whas clean and the staff whas very friendly

Shower At Room 430 Is Leaking And Water Sprays Outside The Tub Right On The Floors , And Floors Gets Wet , Finely I Put Extra Towel On The Floor

On Our Arrival Received Very Best Smiley And Guest Greetings From Front Desk Person Named Julissa , She Help Us For Check- In , Overall Room And Cafeteria And Bars Very Clean , All Staffs Very Friendly .

The headboard had scratches all over it; room out of date. The bathroom shower was horrible. You could hear everyone walk by. And barley any of the tv channels worked. Will never stay again.

The air fan would not turn off which made the room a bit uncomfortable later in the evening as it became cold. Very disappointed with the parking as it was a distance to the front doors and didn't feel safe. Disappointed with the advertised robe

Bed was AMAZING!! Room was clean except for a hair in the tub. Enjoyed the pool view from room Room was quiet to exterior noise which was a huge plus.

Half the rooms face the freeway and the soundproofing is poor. Seems like an old facility that needs updating.

Easy to get to and within walking distance of many things.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Double Room - Disability Access

The shower water leaked too much to the floor. Let me clarify. It was a handicap shower and it was great. But they could use a longer curtain and have the tile slope toward the shower so it will not run toward the vanity. Otherwise it was great.

The service in restaurant. Chef amgelique for dinner and server Aydet for breakfast. Could not do any better.

• Double Room - Disability Access

Plumbing issues, unpleasant odors and humid, stained pillows and linen was not changed for new customer, extremely loud air conditioner.

Close to shopping, freeway,

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Customer service was poor I felt my privacy was very invaded They told me my room was pre-paid I booked it through booking.com, they never collect a payment, so the desk staff had no idea what they were talking about. I had to check out early due to a death in my family and they didn't refund me two nights even though I checked out 2 nights early.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Shower was very slippery. I learned later that I could've requested a tub matt, but I didn't expect to have to. I thought safety would be of primary importance.

Staff was very friendly. It was great to have room service, but to have it delivered in 30 minutes or less was heaven! Amenities included a body scrubber, which I'd forgotten -- very nice surprise.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

The bed was literally lumpy, I didn't know that was possible. They also accidently took a deposit twice and refused to refund the second one until it did so automatically. Luckily, we weren't on too tight of a budget, but this could have become a big issue.

The room was large and well accomadated - big t.v. and awesome bathroom. There is also a lot around, the mall is RIGHT there with tons of food and shopping. They also provided Starbucks drip coffee, which was an awesome little treat in the morning.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Traveling with kids who wanted a hotel with a pool and hot tub ! Hot tub was cold and stafff argued with me when I complained to the front desk 🙁 They offered nothing to make up for it a free movie anything would have been nice

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

A more welcoming staff would be nice. The hotel is aging out of date a bit, but the room was very clean updated and comfortable.

The bed & pillows well made and extremely comforting.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

The room smelled moldy and there was mold in the shower ceiling. Not enough ventilation.

The location was great for our purpose. We felt safe by staying here.

The first floor we were assigned to smelled strongly of marijuana and it was wafting into our room. We asked to be moved to a different floor, and the staff were very accommodating, even meeting us upstairs to give us new key cards instead of having us come down to the front desk. But the floor we were moved to smelled like cigarettes and marijuana by morning. Because of the room switch, we had to settle for a room with two very small beds instead of the king we had booked. We also had to call the front desk about noisy neighbors, who were dealt with well by the staff. So all in all, the hotel and staff were great, especially for the very reasonable price we got, but the clientele left a lot to be desired. I would not stay there again for that reason.

Very nice and helpful staff members who did their best to help us with the issues we were having.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

This is a great location, and I like Sheraton Hotels (stayed in Tennessee and Louisiana via Collette Tour). Staff really helpful -- I was alone for this stay and I appreciated the assistance.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Double Room - Disability Access

Nothing bad to say. It is an older location, so it is expected to feel a little dated

The staff was very friendly and each time you were in contact with any of the staff, you felt like they were welcoming you home!! (Great attitude to have!!!)

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Could have a place near the bed to plug in one's handheld phone, like a plug in as part of the lamp. Freeway noise could be a problem in the freeway facing rooms, however, it did not bother us.

Clean room, comfortable beds, Starbucks coffee and Tazo tea, friendly front desk staff.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was no microwave or refridgerator in the room.

The room was clean & inviting. All the emineties were fantastic, & the staff was very friendly & helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Loud freeway noise, leaky toilet and handicap shower. There was no way to contain the water so it flowed all over the bathroom.

Clean room, comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Double Room - Disability Access

Room was too dark.not enough lights. No bath tub handle No non slip surface in bath tub. Didn't change table linens in eating area.

Bed was great

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Double Room - Disability Access

Delay at Check in was approx 20 minutes. No minibar in the room.

The location of the hotel to eateries across the street. Willingness of staff to upgrade me for delayed check in

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• Double Room - Disability Access

Had a hadicap room with a terrible shower. Could not shower without water everwhere. Felt it was very dangerous !!!!!! Shower head was removable but pressure was so hard water went everywhere but the drain. No way to take a normal shower-- head faced curtain with no lip on floor to contain water.

Staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

there were four pillows on each bed and all of them were way too soft!

We were going to A San Francisco Giants game and the hotel is right next to the BART station. We took the BART and Muni right to AT&T Park!

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

Denise the bartender and Sergio the cook went above and beyond in accommodating our dinner and drink requests. They delivered home made chips after my wife was disappointed there were none on the menu. Top notch!

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

• Double Room - Disability Access

Walls were thin. We could hear the whole conversation of the couple in the room next to us. It was about 2 hours of them laughing among other sounds.

Room was comfortable and spacious.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Filthy carpet and furniture, broken picture on wall, $32 for a practically continental breakfast. Ironing board had a large brown waxy stain that nearly ruined my shirt. Room 229. Dirty elevators. Will never use Sheraton again and will stay with Marriott from now on

For 32.00, breakfast was unacceptable! Fruit tasteless and hard, eggs not fresh tasting, oatmeal and cereal out of stock. Very didssapointing

The room was very noisy. #514. The bed was very uncomfortable. We have stayed with you several times and these things have never been an issue. Kinda bummed about it.

staff very courteous and helpful. Room was good size. Hotel pricing for the holiday weekend was great too! Allowed for a last minute stay-cation since we didn't have kids for the 3 day weekend.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I wanted to check in earlier but couldn't because the only available room was next to the (noisy) freeway. I waited instead until the 3:00 check-in time for a quieter room and STILL got a room next to the freeway. Go figure...

Room itself was clean & comfortable, with great amenities.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

When we arrived no staff outside the front door to assist with luggage. Also, one of the elevators were out of order so the working elevator took an extreme length of time to respond. Location is in a mall parking lot area. Complimentary soap and shampoo not exactly what I expected from an SPG hotel.

Beds were pretty comfortable.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Double Room - Disability Access

the room could have been better for the amount of money i paid. no cable, no mini refrigerator, the bed was not set up very well (to close to the wall) also it would have been nice for them to have a continental breakfast.

it was close to a mall

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

no hooks/towel rods in bathroom Booking.com reservation was misleading in regards to meal credit. Reservation made it seem there was a $15 p/p breakfast credit per night credit. Sheraton denied, and said they offered breakfasts for $15 p/p per night.

staff was nice, restaurant staff was friendly and accommodating

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Not the best staff on the phone with questions/issues, called to cancel wakeup call and it didn't get cancelled, filthy dirty dusty outlet extender by the bed that I needed to touch to plug in my phone, was told breakfast started at 5, but it was 6 am, etc. Not top notch but not a cheap stay so didn't seem to match the cost.

Good location, safe and servicable

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

3 night stay. On our second night when we got back to our room, house keeping did not come and clean our room. A mistake on their end as we didn't have our Privacy sign on the door-

Perfect location to access BART

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

the hotel overall was comfortable and clean. our room was comfortable w a soft bed and nice soft pillows.the staff was professional and mostly courteous.our experience at check in was a little difficult as we asked to have the room cost split onto two separate credit cards and the girl at the counter didn't seem to want to deal with the request.also on the negative side, we experienced loud, presumably drunk, guests arguing and slamming doors at 5am sunday morning.they weren't yelling in my language ,so I cant honestly say if it was argument or some strange Asian door slamming ceremony they were engaging in.actually,this hotel seems to be very popular with foreign visitors.Asians,Indians,and Latinos were in the majority.also, they ask 16.00USD for a very generic looking breakfast 'buffet'.no thanks,Sheraton.

this Hotel is next to the west Dublin BART station. that's why we chose it for our weekend stay. it is very convenient to take BART into San Francisco for the day as opposed to driving into and around that incredibly congested city.the trip into the city is approx. 45 min. by BART and there are no connections to be made.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything was excellent except the housekeeping. I checked in on Fri. night and Sat. the beds were made but the bathroom was not cleaned. I left Sun. morning at 4:00am and returned around 7:00pm and the bathroom still hadn't been cleaned nor were the beds made. The housekeeper was at the door next to me and I asked if I could have towels and she told me I had to call the front desk. Someone did come up to clean the room but I was told they were busy that's why it wasn't done.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Club King Room

The staff were amongst the friendliest and most helpful we have met for many years. We had a room on the club floor so the great extra facilities made all the difference and were most welcome. Good location for the area - beside large shopping mall and BART station .

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Deluxe Double Room

The bathroom really needed updating and fixing! The shower/tub was falling apart and needed attention. Same with the sink water handles. Also, we ate breakfast each morning in the on site café and the staff waiting on us was lacking. We had to get up and get refills on our drinks as they never came around to check on us, and no one else was eating at the time. Choices first day on buffet were plentiful but second day was not.

Location! Easy on/off to freeway and next to BART and major Mall. Check-in staff at desk was great, quick and friendly and asked if we needed anything or if they could be of help. When we told them we were there for the baseball games to watch A's vs Giants, they asked about the game details both days upon return to our room. Extremely caring and friendly. Room was also very clean and neat, and staff working in hallways were friendly.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

a bit old, e.g. elevator and washroom in hotel room, but acceptable could hear the noise along the corridor

comfy bed and pillow, shopping centre right opposite the hotel. gym is compact yet comprehensive

There is construction going on at this hotel. It can be loud.

The only issue we had was the construction above us started early on Saturday morning

• Double Room - Disability Access

Dirty hallways. It smelled and workers were renovating above out room at 7:00am on Memorial Day

The staff

Had to keep calling for towels that were not replaced. Amateur night as far as employee housekeeping.

No clean up room

Breakfast and dinner options were poor

Staff were great

• Deluxe Double Room

The hotel is looking dated I remember this hotel back in the 80s I hope that it will be remodeled soon

The food was great

Location close to Bart and the mall also next to my work and it was great everything....

• Double Room - Disability Access

The room outdated and smelly Curtains wrinkled Lamp shades torn carpets smelly and worned out

The beds were soft

Property looking old, not clean

The room was overpriced

I paid extra for a room with a robe. One was not provided. So I wish I would’ve saved my money

simple stay with helpful staffs. short check in/check out time. Love complimentary Starbucks coffee inside the room and lobby

The bed/mattress was uncomfortable and you could feel the springs.

The location and staff were nice.

• Double Room - Disability Access

The pillows were amazing and I sank right into the bed to sleep.

Nothing that i cld think of

The room and furnitures, lobby is nice especially the starbucks free coffee

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Safety latch on door could have been a bit more secure.

Nice bed linens. Felt safe. Great staff.

Breakfast was OK.

Bed was so comfortable:D

Highway noise .

Mold in shower, red substance (? Blood) on a washcloth.

Friendly staff. Next to BART station

the beds need updating as they are old.

The bathroom was semi clean I found hair on the wall

The bed was super comfy!