Reviews of Sheraton Tysons Hotel 4 stars

8661 Leesburg Pike, Tysons Corner, VA 22182, USA

#13 of 17 hotels in Tysons Corner

the area is nice.
    • Traditional Double Room

The construction that is going on that's all

the area is nice. its walking distance to Walmart so you don't have to go far to get the things you need and there are food places before you get to Walmart so if you want to grab a bite to eat you can do so. the lobby is beautiful and the people at the front desk are friendly and helpful.

The property was very clean, quiet and beautiful my husband...
    • Traditional Double Room

That I got a double suite when I booked a king I didn’t go back to complain because my husband said it was okay.

The property was very clean, quiet and beautiful my husband loved it. I was a little disappointed because I booked a king suite but got a double but overall the stay was great!

It's inexpensive around holidays. Not the cleanest and definitely not like Hilton standards.
    • Traditional Double Room

Cleanliness wasn't the best. White bedding had nasty hand prints and such. Power strips and other ghetto touches in the room.

Price for 4th of July wasn't bad but not really worth it for the dated facility.

I would not recommend it for any of my friends
    • Traditional Double Room

The furniture is very old The first room we got had a broken lamp and a hole in the wall !!! The shower is very noisy The water becomes hot and takes a long time to cool down The room is not very clean and when we moved in there was no fridge !!! There is a lot of wires on the floor, so for a family with small kids it was jot safe at all The elevator for the garage parking was not working for the whole week !!!

Location and lobby only

Good value but had some issues
    • Traditional Double Room

Smelled of dog, carpet stained in room. Never came to clean room. We had a leak in the bathroom and had to use our towels to clean it up. Since there was no housekeeping we had to our own towels.

Great fitness room. Staff were very nice.

An overpriced regret.
    • Traditional Double Room

If the walls could talk I think they'd ask for a renovation. The carpet looked older than me, the paint is chipping, and the furniture in the hallway looked old too. Walking to my room was kind of unsettling - I felt like I was in the movie "Vacancy."

The bed was comfortable and the room appeared to be clean.

I wouldn't go back.
    • Traditional Double Room

Carpet stains. There was no cold water. Lights were too bright. There was no do not disturb sign in the room, the maids knocked on my door at 9:30am. Wine glasses from the bar had so much water and soap spots.

Liked the window. Huge.

The room was nice, obviously an older hotel though, The...
    • Traditional Double Room

We stayed at the Sheraton because we were headed to a show at Wolftrap. Traffic is terrible departing Wolftrap but they have a shuttle that gets in and out quickly which takes you to the West Falls Church Metro only. The hotel would see a great benefit if they offered a shuttle to and from Wolftrap and made arrangements with the park for easy access and early exit.

The room was nice, obviously an older hotel though, The carpets in the hallways need to be cleaned or replaced.

Convenient for our purpose. Won't go back.
    • Traditional Double Room

Kind of a dump, really. Ice machine didn't work. Vending machine didn't work. The light in the bathroom was out and never got fixed. The floors, doors and furniture were worn and scratched.

The beds were good.

The hotel was certainly adequate, but I prefer more amenities.
    • Traditional Double Room

There was no valet service, there was no one to help with the bags, there was no room service, there was no lighting in the parking lot, the bathroom was tiny, opening the door you barely missed the toilet.

The room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable, the room looked like it was newly renovated, the staff was friendly and the hotel was close to many attractions and the metro was easily accessible to travel into DC.

Pretty unsat although they comped us for one of the two days we stayed there.
    • Traditional Double Room

Lots of maintenance problems. The A/C broke down the 2nd day. They had large areas roped off in the parking garage due to fireproofing falling off rusted structural steel. The bricks in the parking lot near the entrance were coming loose. They also seemed to be understaffed. They didn’t have a traditional restaurant serving breakfast but a coffee bar with a limited menu (long waits, full trash cans and lots of dirty tables).

Close to Metro stop.

Excellent hotel
    • Traditional Double Room

Hotel was very accommodating for all of our beers. Great location next to the metro to ride into DC. Wal-Mart and restaurants are very close. Very clean and fancy place to stay. The guest service manager Naresh went over the top to help us with what we needed to enjoy our stay. Will be back again 😊

Very bad , I would never consider it again
    • Traditional Double Room

1-Very old furniture and design. Furniture everywhere including lobby were so dirty. There were no professional cleaners. A young lady with dry piece of tissue was cleaning the whole lobby without taking off the dirty spots on the lobby tables. 2-No refrigerator in the room. They can bring one but they wanted to charge extra money. 3-We ordered 3 packages ( very light packages ) and they wanted to charge us for every one 10$ Just to hand them out to us from the packages room to me at the lobby !!! When I asked them why they said it’s because they’re busy and hotel recieves so much packages. 10$ for each means 30$ which is more than triple what I have paid for the carrier to deliver it to me !!!!! Shipping didn’t even cost me that. Handing out the package does not even take 5 minutes. They don’t call the room and say hey you received a package. They don’t send someone to the room to deliver our packages. So I don’t find a reason for charging us delivery fee. 4-We asked the lady who cleans the room to remove the bed covers and put knew ones once we arrived because we saw dirty spots on them. She was like “ I have to call my manager and ask him” it took so long to change the cover and made it big deal while we should have made it a big deal since that we found dirty spots!! 5-Also when we first checked in there were cups fulled with coffee in the room. They didn’t even threw the fulled cups and put instead knew clean ones !!!!! 6-The coffee machine is very very old. No 5 stars hotel would still use it !!! 7-No breakfast on weekends!!!! When it’s a five stars hotel, we pay more to have more comfortable stay and clean stay Nd without the need of paying extra charge for every single thing.

Only location

Most of my business was in Reston Town Center where I usually stay at the Hyatt Regency.
    • Club Level King Room

Room was cold and air temp could not be adjusted. Hi towel rack in the vanity area. Stain on room carpet was disturbing.

The Starbucks Cafe and the front of house staff especially the chauffeur. The premier lounge on 24th floor was good. Food needed to be more vegan friendly (oat meal, almond yogurt, more almond milk, fresh nuts.

After all I think it was great
    • Traditional Double Room

A/c wasn't working that's it

I have to say the girl at the front desk was so nice and generous because I told her that the a/c did't working in the room so she didn't charge my card that's something I wasn't expecting and that is a excellent customer service

Fantastic location!!
    • Traditional Double Room

Parking lot was too dark

Beautiful lobby, clean and a luxury stay. Desk clerk was extremely personable and catered to our requests. Supreme customer service

• Traditional Double Room

Starbucks in hotel didn’t have all drink menu items available. Went twice for the same drink and they didn’t have it. I asked for my drink to be lightly sweetened and they didn’t listen.

Very convenient. Hotel staff was very nice. Room was comfortable

Overall, the room was decent and quiet. The service needs more improvement. The amenities are nice
    • Traditional Double Room

The service. We asked for towels and shampoos after a pool activity as we were getting ready for dinner. No one came. We called and the phones were apparently offline. We had to share each others towel to get ready on time for dinner.

The room was large. However, we requested for the highest floor and was given the 3rd floor of an extension of hotel. We were not placed in the main tall building. Credited was given to us for one day so that was nice.

Requested a room on the upper floors and was assigned a room...
    • Traditional Double Room

Requested a room on the upper floors and was assigned a room on the second floor. Staff (manager on duty Gabbie) EXTREMELY RUDE when I asked to have our room changed.......

Over all my stay was OK...
    • Traditional Double Room

I really liked the indoor swimming pool area...

Hotel had a Furry Convention setup the same time and it felt like the hotel staff didn't care about the other guest. If that is the case the hotel should let guest know up front that a convention will be going on at the time guest are booking their time.... I also was surprised that there were no refrigerators in the rooms.

Location and amenities are great
    • Traditional Double Room

The restaurant was mediocre at best and the staff were incompetent. My drink was not made correctly and service was very slow. Need more staff at the restaurant.

Very nice rooms and amenities! Garage and surface parking

Cheap for a weekend a d you get what you pay for.
    • Traditional Double Room

Pool was filthy. Tv was fuzzy and lamp shade was falling apart. Bathroom was small. You couldn’t close the door

Location was great for us. Close to Metro.

1. The room was small for the amount I paid.
    • Traditional Double Room

1. The room was small for the amount I paid. 2. I checked in after 8pm on a Monday night. It appeared one of the other guests put plates and glasses on the floor in the vending machine room. The same items were there when I checked out Tuesday after 7pm.

Other than being short staffed or overbooked with events it was nice.
    • Traditional Double Room

We had to re quest towels & washclothes 5 times before they were sent to our room.

The Lobby was beautiful, the doors on the rooms not as elegant, looked worn.

GREAT VALUE, Will be back.
    • Traditional Double Room

Did not provide continental breakfast for everyone. Bathroom was a little small.

Friendly staff, room was large, clean and comfortable. The pool was very nice. The pool water was heated. Later then usual check out time. Excellent location to bus stop and train station. Near a Wal-Mart and a lot of local restaurants. Pet Friendly.

Staff were friendly and welcoming.
    • Traditional Double Room

The bathroom ceiling was peeling. The faucet in the shower did not shut of properly. Water keep running. TV did not work.

Staff were friendly and welcoming. Convenient location.

I might re-think staying there next time. Club level was not a club level.
    • Club Level King Room

No refrigerator - got a floor one all beat up with dents. Wall paper seams showing Kicker was found 2 holes in the sheets. Old bed covers. I would think with the money being made this hotel would have a make over done to its rooms.

Location and window views!

Good night sleep in a clean and comfortable room. Close to metro. Decent price.
    • Traditional Double Room

The Hall ways were not vacuumed and were visibly dirty. The room was clean though. We had to haul our luggage up and down stairs, which we did because no elevator was pointed out - there may not have been one.

The mattress and pillows were fabulous! Better than any other hotel I’ve been in. The curtains kept out the light, no binder clip needed! Very close to the metro.

Disappointed. Emailed manager but no response.
    • Traditional Double Room

Assigned a room on 3rd floor which was in a section that did not feel like part of the hotel. Hallways and elevator were dingy and dirty. Wallpaper was visibly damaged on many places. Long walk from lobby to elevator. Could not count on being able to enter building directly from parking due to a faulty keypad. If staying there I suggest refusing assignment to a room in that section, request a room on the main tower.

Lobby was beautiful. Staff was friendly

It was no luxurious like what the advertisement said.
    • Traditional Double Room

Outdated. The hotel has so many entrances and exits. I don't feel safe having all access to the doors. The bed frames are white leather like that you could tell it has been over used over time. There are scratches and peeling off. It's not ideal for presentation. The rooms are dark. Giver there were 3 lamps the paint color gives it a darker look. The elevators are confusing. It's what I expected from a booking.com deal "Luxury." I came to the hotel expecting everything is luxurious. Little did I now.

It's spacious.

Customer service bad
    • Traditional Double Room

Customer service.., he didn't even say hello just it will take longer system is.down.. I say ok gives me key says room no thank you. Then when I was finally asleep 345 a.m. -4:00 Calls the room with that loud ring to.say payment didn't process had to.go down 16 floors gave same card and it worked guess since the system was down didn't work at check in. Didn't apologize for waking me or making me go back down when clearly it was his mistake.

It was clean

Not having room service! The three little dirt marks on room 617 carpet

I love the room decoration, the smell of the room, the cleanliness( except there were 3 little marks on the carpet), the comfy bed, the bathroom, everything I loved and admired. The only thing I was surprised about was - such a big hotel not having room service! That is all.

Very good and confortable
    • Traditional Double Room

The hotel looks more new outside then inside.

I love the location,the hotel in general,the person in the front desk,is very professional very polite. He is a nice worker.

Nice hotel convenient for the metro
    • Traditional Double Room

No shuttle from Dulles airport. Uber charges around $30 each way.

Excellent hotel, with large bedrooms. The staff were very accommodating and helpful. The hotel is within walking distance of some restaurants and a 10 minute walk to the Spring Hill metro station. We used this hotel as a base for a few days exploring the Washington sights.

I guess I got what I paid for.
    • Traditional Double Room

As you approach you see a 20 + story gleaming glass building. But, if you use booking.com and get a good rate, they stick you in a little three story hellhole way in the back somewhere that's about 30 years old. Very disappointed.

The staff were attentive and courteous.

They didn’t pressure us to leave afterwards, and let us have...
    • Traditional Double Room

Parking was confusing as well as their elevators which sometimes only went up 3 floors.

They didn’t pressure us to leave afterwards, and let us have late checkout.

The location ,people in the front desk .
    • Traditional Double Room

The service of shuttle driver is not good .they asked for tips most of time .not like other hotels they never asked for that . When they see the resident they go to other side that mean do not asked for service .(the sort man )i forget his name .

The location ,people in the front desk .

The price was nice.
    • Traditional Double Room

The staff at the reception was very unfriendly with us . I travel 18 h befor i arrived and i going to wait 5 h to check in. They checked many people befor me. I was cry at the lobby i was so tired after 18hour flying fromBudapest. 2. I ask every each day house keeping but we do not get it. I spend 3 night at ur hotel and i change beacouse off tha staff. The asian lady at reception was horrible so thx for her the nothing.

The price was nice.

The old man staff on the morning shift was unhelpful not...
    • Traditional Double Room

The old man staff on the morning shift was unhelpful not only with me also with someone who doesn’t speak English he tried to give him his phone so someone can explain what he want the stuff was yelling at him what you want Sir ??? That was the most worst stuff I have ever seen .

Would definately stay there again but on a higher floor
    • Traditional Double Room

Didn't realize when we booked our rooms that 1st floor meant the former basement, hallway was dark and definately felt like a basement, lamps in at least my room had low wattage bulbs. Everything else was wonderful.

We were there for a meeting and the staff was amazing, we had several meals there as well as snacks and staff took plates away a soon as they were empty, presentation of the food and tables was great.

Such a nice staff!
    • Traditional Double Room

Such a nice staff! Very friendly receptionist, and everybody that we talked to was very nice. Coming from NYC you're amazed how much space there was - gym was very big, and the pool omg the pool - big and warm, was very nice.

Really Enjoyed our stay at Sheraton Tysons
    • Traditional Double Room

Great hotel in an excellent location. 30 mins to Washington DC via road or train..Loved the quality of the service and the clean rooms. Strongly recommend to anybody that wants to visit the DC region

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Not what it seemed at all!
    • Traditional Double Room

The room was unclean. Our beds were full of hair . One bed was off the hinges. The beds were wobbly and very old mattress, phones, smoke alarms . Very out dated. The carpets were dirty as well. We purchased 3 rooms and all of them were cohesive with the same problems.

The front desk clerks were awesome. Daniel the night manager was awful to guest and staff.

Great Hotel
    • Traditional Double Room

The buffet breakfast was roi small for the price only 5 hot choices.

the room was large and nicely decorated, the staff was very friendly. My only thumbs down was to the buffet breakfast they offered there could have been more choices for hot food it really wasn't worth $17. I would definitely stay again.

Free parking, comfortable beds, close to metro but no more than that...
    • Traditional Double Room

There was a general cleanliness problem with the hotel. All glass surfaces were like dust swiped all over with visible marks of cleaning cloth. This was quite a turn off. The hotel does not quite match with the standards of Sheraton brand which is known for quality.

Hotel was close to Spring Hill metro station (5 min walk). Safe place for families. Walmart next door. Rooms were large, spacious. Beds were comfy. Bathroom was good. Coffee machine was broken but was replaced the next day. Yulia at reception was very helpful and smiley. Free parking was available. Close to Tysons Corner and the Airport.

Not a great experience
    • Traditional Double Room

When I arrived at around 4:30, I was supposed to meet a friend at 5:00. My room wasn't ready until at least an hour later. It caused a big inconvenience to have to contact my friend and say that I can't meet because my room isn't ready. I was offered a comp drink at the bar, but because I was delayed for dinner, my stomach was empty and I couldn't take full advantage of the offer if I wanted to be able to converse with my friend. By the way, the staff at the desk wasn't particularly apologetic for the inconvenience of the room not being ready. In fact, they were a big stand-offish about it as though they didn't really want to hear about my issues since they considered it to be just as much a problem for them. The Booking.com selection I made said that breakfast was included. The hotel didn't have record of that and was going to charge me $15 for 2 slices of fruit, 2 boiled eggs, and coffee. The front desk did eventually give me a voucher for breakfast. The room was HOT and I couldn't adjust it. I didn't sleep well, which one would expect is a minimum requirement of a hotel.

The initial greeting from the front desk was pleasant.

Uneasy stay - Great staff
    • Traditional Double Room

Room smelled like cigarettes.

They tried making things right after the room smelled like smoke and the check in process took until 7pm. They said they would give a full refund.

Overall, I like how they don't charge to have your dog...
    • Traditional Double Room

The fan in our bathroom didn't work. The property accepts dogs but there is no specific location for them to play or do their business.

Overall, I like how they don't charge to have your dog stay with you. The room was plenty big enough for two.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Very nice would stay there again!
    • Traditional Double Room

The bed was to soft way to soft. Booked room with two double beds and were given a room with a king. It was resolved but took an extra trip downstairs with luggage and kids. No frig in room

Friendly staff nice rooms easy access to D.C. And metro

Too expensive for the service they offer, worst Sheraton I have ever been
    • Traditional Double Room

We arrived at 6 pm and hardly could find a parking space, after checking in I realized there is no fridge in the room, being a diabetic that needs to keep insulin refrigerated, took me 2 hours of begging and arguing with front desk to get a fridge to my room... (apparently they ran out of rooms with fridges and couldn't provide me an ice box). One of the staff even had the nerves to tell me to go and buy an ice box from the Walmart near by and they can give me ice.... for the price I paid per night(3 nights, 2 rooms) I believe having a fridge in my room is necessary. I noticed after checking in that the trash bins in my room where not emptied/cleaned, I even found a cigarette box on the floor! I tried to use the swimming pool, the showers in pool area had no hot water and soap to take a shower. Last but not the least, our room shared a door with our neighbor (I think both rooms were one suite before but now two separate rooms) and obviously the door and the walls were not insulated.... our neighbors, though not so loud, bothered us during the night!

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Mostly good.
    • Traditional Double Room

Poor internet in conference area. Presenters kept losing their connection. Attendees had to pay if wanted internet access outside of guest room. Rooms nice for being kind of aged. Lighting is pretty poor in the rooms and walls are thin. Not enough elevators working for hosting a large number of people.

Attended a conference and the food, service, etc. were great. They worked really hard to keep things comfortable and working. Staff was friendly overall. Great workout area.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Cleanness
    • Traditional Double Room

The long wait time for check in and check out. Took me about 45 minutes when I checked in coz of the long waiting line and only one person working in front desk

Cleanness

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Not pleased
    • Traditional Double Room

The service was very poor at the beginning the front gave me room 361 I walked in and I was placed in someone else room. I had to go all the way back to the lobby. They placed me on 7th floor. The next morning I called several times for toothpaste and never got it. I had to wait 20 mins at front desk to get toothpaste. I normally don't write reviews but I should because this was not right!

Very lovely stay at great discount at the Sheraton Tysons!
    • Traditional Double Room

I got a crazy discount online; I don't know that I would have spent nearly $300 for one night there. Breakfast buffet was also $18 per person, which seems exorbitant for basic breakfast foods. Also, getting into/out of the pool are required a little creativity, as random doors seemed to be locked arbitrarily. *GPS kept wanting me to turn in the street before; but I don't know how much control the hotel has over that. Not a big deal.

I loved how knowledgeable, helpful and not in-your-face the staff were! It was very spacious inside and had a luxurious feel without being over-the-top. Beautiful pool area, several ballrooms (there were apparently 3 weddings going on simultaneously during our stay) and very clean.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Not quite the royal treatment
    • Traditional Double Room

Check in staff was border line deceptive about room availability. I was put in a room that stunk of smoke Was told none other availble when this was not the case. Finally complained to Manger who was very nice treated to dinner, but never got moved out of the stinky room.

The location was very convenient.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Generally I was satisfied with location, room furniture and decoration .

Room service need improvement ; I waited too much time for laundry service to be accomplished. Reception staff try to be helpful with words but not actions.

Large rooms , proximity to shopping malls, free parking for cars, good pleasant Sheraton club with very good scenic views.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Worth the price. Very good.
    • Traditional Double Room

Shuttle service. Only fixed time available. If you are lucky with your time schedule is ok otherwise.....

Staff was kind and available. Everything clean and efficient. Nice gym and pool.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

I think we were put into an ADA room.
    • Traditional Double Room

I think we were put into an ADA room. Unless ALL the rooms are ADA? Not crazy about the bathroom.....no shelf for toiletries. In fact did not like the bathroom at all

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Could have been quieter.
    • Traditional Double Room

Other room doors slamming shut. Little kids running in the hallway. I could hear my neighbor talking next door. Cleaning staff loud in the hallway every morning, loud conversations. I could smell cigarette smoke in the hallway.

Room was very clean and I needed extra towels and was accomodated promptly.

No breakfast

No breakfast

Location and staff.

No fridge. No microwave

Location and staff.

Late so not much fuss
    • Traditional Double Room

I didn't like the fact that I chose a single Queen bed and was awarded a double single bed room.

The cleanliness and the comfort of the rooms.

I love the soap and cleanliness, I hate other soaps at other...
    • Traditional Double Room

I love the soap and cleanliness, I hate other soaps at other hotels I always bring my own but this time I didn’t have to because the soap was so good

Horrible
    • Traditional Double Room

I ordered chicken and waffles. My chicken was raw and they gave me small eggo waffles. Room chairs were dirty bed was uncomfortable

Very happy with my experience.
    • Traditional Double Room

Very happy with my experience.

Stained carpet floor, spots on table and bathroom !
    • Traditional Double Room

Stained carpet floor, spots on table and bathroom !

No one from the Sheraton or Booking.
    • Club Level King Room

No one from the Sheraton or Booking.com returned my Voice or eMail messages....

Amazing

Price

View

Not worth staying in
    • Traditional Double Room

The staff was rude, the room was dirty, the room looks like if you were stay at motel 6 or worst. Paid to much money for it.

No mini fridge and ambient water in the room was 2.

No mini fridge and ambient water in the room was 2.50$

Good Gum
    • Traditional Double Room

I had to change my room because my room was taken by another guest.

Good Gum

Good stay

Good customer service

Good value
    • Traditional Double Room

Original room looked out over dumpster, but manager moved me to a room with better view.

Great value. Clean. Helpful staff.

Nth
    • Traditional Double Room

Asked more money to use fridge

Nth

Location, free parking
    • Traditional Double Room

The pillows were not clean.

Location, free parking