Reviews of Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts Reading 3 stars

1741 Papermill Road, Wyomissing, PA 19610, USA

#4 of 4 hotels in Wyomissing

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 17 November 2018

Staff was great, accommodated an issue I had with being on...

Overall, just not worth the money. Comforter in second room was also slightly stained, couch was stained, just overall felt old/dirty and I could hear my neighbors throughout the night.

Staff was great, accommodated an issue I had with being on the bottom floor and a stain on my comforter - relocated me to a different room. Both gentleman were great with my initial check in and handling my room change.

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: 11 November 2018

So much better 2nd time around !
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool was spectacular, however for us, it really needed to be Cleaned better..

They are always welcoming and pick rooms that suit your specific needs

• Reviewed: 29 October 2018

2 night stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room had no heat. The unit against the wall leaked water on carpet. It was soaked. They did change our room next day.

It is in a great area, next to everything.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2018

6 of 10
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The sink wasn’t working good, no fridge in the room, the room service nock the door I did not answer I was slerping and she try to open the door, I think she has to know witch room are checking out. Thank you.

The place of the Hotel.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

This hotel is somewhere that you could look forward to going to!

There was not a single problem or inconvenience with my stay.

The bed was amazingly comfortable and the room was very clean. The staff were generous and gracious, I would recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

I would never stay here again nor would I recommend this place to anyone I know.

I usually use a different hotel chain, but since my husband is a Spire member in the IHG group I thought I would give this hotel a try and I thought Crown Plaza would be better than the lower level of hotels within this chain. I was really disappointed by the musty smell, peeling paint and mold in the bathroom and the outer wall. I am allergic to mold and as a result my eyes were red and irritated during my entire stay.

The entrance of the hotel was lovely and looked as though it had been recently updated. The staff at the front desk were nice and friendly each time I talked to them. The room was nice and big. The pool area looked really nice and inviting, although I did not get a chance to visit. I was happy that the fitness room was open 24 hours and I was able to run on the treadmill at midnight. I loved that the hotel shared a portion of it's driveway with the Mission BBQ restaurant; it was nice to have another option besides the hotel restaurant.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

I thought it was beautiful
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was treated badly because we had a dog. Asked to not walk thru lobby but to go in through the doors by the dumpster. Then the room smelled strongly of dog. I was told it was the dog wing. At 9 am I was woken up by housekeeping trying to clean my room even though checkout was noon. No stirring sticks for coffee and nasty people. Not good at all. I hated my stay there.

I thought it was beautiful

Not worth the price you charge will not come back..
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We had several problems I booked my room as a double bed in February 2018 and at check in they did not have a double they had a king and a pullout couch which I wouldn’t put my dog in so uncomfortable!!keys didn’t work in door .closet door was broken off the hinge when my friend opened it it hit him in the head because it was off the track .someone tried to staple the door panel back together on top with staples sticking out.the bar maid at the lounge was rude did not want to stay Sunday past 9:00 she kept saying it’s sunday!! they gave us free breakfast for our problems but that was also horrible the eggs were disgusting and the sausage was raw .i can’t beleive you charge 14.95 for that breakfast ... plus you don’t discount for going to maple grove races that’s the only reason I was there !! Never again horrible experience!!!

We enjoyed our stay but most likely not return due to high rate we paid.
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Being a Hilton Honors member, I felt the room rate was quite high for our Friday night stay, especially when I stayed a second night and paid less through a 3rd party booking company. Not cool.

Ok but not great
    • King Room with Patio - Non-Smoking

The toilet was very noisy as was the air conditioner. The rooms in the older section could use some updating. The restaurant was not what I expected, the waitress kept referring to the desserts "like crack". There was no dress code inforced.

Had a balcony room and enjoyed being able to open the door and sit outside. The wing itself was very quiet. I loved having a bunch of restaurants within walking distance

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Left out to Dry..
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Our Bathroom Facility Overflowed leaving the bathroom Flooded.. Maintenance arrived with in a hour and he did the best he could,as it was 3rd shift and near Midnight. However, he couldn't not shampoo conjoined area carpet and Futher more the Bathtub drain was Clogged leaving dirty water behind..When we asked Hotel Management for a Clean Room we were Told nothing was Available 500 rooms ? All booked? Could you please refund our money to stay at a alternate hotel ? No it's after midnight.. basically stay in a wet smelly room, but we'll give you a late check-out because you have not slept ,* and surely won't sleep well knowing we are sleeping near Filth.. I am greatly considering contacting Crowne Royal head quarters.. For Compensation.

It Was a Beautiful Room, with a View, and spectacular comfort of mattress and bedding.

Hostess was fantastic!

People wasting food ! Leaving full plates of food

Hostess was fantastic! We did not get the buffet, too much food for us for the price . We just ordered she was very helpful.

Hotel only nice for single people with no kids. Don't bring your family.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

There is no free breakfast. No microwave. No refrigerator. People have families , not everyone can afford to spend tons of money on a room and then have to spend tons eating out also in the hotel restaurant.

Comfortable bed ever.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Central location to Reading, PA activities. A good place to refresh and recharge.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The room seemed to have been recently repaired or remodeled. The smell of fresh paint was not overpowering but a distraction. Upon arrival, the TV didn't work. I called the front desk and asked for turndown service and setup of the sofa bed and while I was out for dinner housekeeping came and opened the sofa but just left the sheets and a stained blanket on the bed without making it. In my opinion, the room staff was inadequately trained and supervised. I reported both of these issues via email to the hotel customer service and all of the issues (except the paint smell) were corrected to my satisfaction the next day. I received an apology note under my door the next day as well as a follow up phone call. Good job on corrective behavior.

The staff was friendly, the hotel was reasonably clean. Plenty of parking. Seemed to be a nice restaurant and bar, although I didn't use it. The fitness center and pool were above average for a hotel of this kind.

I will stay here again the when I go to Wyomissing next year. Great hotel!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I wish we would have had a refrigerator in our room to keep water and leftovers in. No elevator to the pool level so we had to carry our luggage up and down the steps.

The location of the hotel was great! We were close to all the shopping centers and lots of restaurants. The room and bathroom were clean and a good size. We were on the pool level, so we also had a little patio outside our sliding glass doors. The bed was very comfortable with lots of pillows. We went tot he ounge for a few drinks and it was also very nice.

Good for the money!
    • King Room with Patio - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that the dinner menu was very limited. The breakfast buffet was good on Friday but Sat it was not the same quality. We did not eat there Sunday because we were not happy with Saturdays. I didn't like that some of there chairs in the open areas were like sitting on a hard wood frame.

I like the room it was spacious and mostly comfy. The pool was nice on Thursday, but it was a bit crowed for the weekend so we didn't use it. Service was good. Location was good.

Close to where I needed to be

Old building , parking lot in bad shape, wall paper coming off walls in room, noisy location and hard to sleep near highway

Close to where I needed to be

I asked around and I will stay at a better hotel in the area next time that also has a indoor pool.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

I was mad that the room didn't have a mini frig. or micro. I didn't check the fine print when I booked it because even 2 star hotels usually have both. This was over a hundred a night, I assumed because I paid so much it would definitely come with a place to keep my leftovers cold.

the eggs were great,. the bed was small just a double, most hotels have 2 queen size beds when you request 2 beds in a room

Nice and friendly staff.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Outdated, rooms need some attention and a real deep cleaning. Restaurant at hotel closes during lunch hours! Honestly not worth the price.

Nice and friendly staff.

My disappointment was enough for me to book the next night in a different hotel

Breakfast not included. No refrigerator or microwave Hallways seemed humid and smelled as such. Dark in hallway and in parking lot

Convenient entrance near room.

Dispointing
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The toilet mad a really loud noise when flushed even with the door closed. There was a mix up with the room. I requested a king bed and got 2 double beds. It was fixed and the staff was very nice and walked the keys down to the room. There was a security deposit charged to my card which I was not aware of. Yes I will get it back but it ended up bouncing my account because I was not told about the charge. The room was very expensive and didnt even have a fridge and or a microwave.

The bed was comfy

Loved the location, fantastic staff, old, outdated facility drastically in need of repair.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The facility is dated. Drastically in need of a remodel. The parking lot is a giant pothole. The window in my room had a 1/4 inch gap around the frame. Mattress was lumpy needs to be replaced along with the carpet who’ve was unraveling. Room had a moldy smell.

The hotel staff was fantastic!!! Very friendly and accommodating. Nice location close to the highway and shopping.

Clean room, convenient location, and very comfortable bed!
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Room was clean and staff was very friendly! Conveniently located near downtown, but far enough away to still have a relaxing and quiet atmosphere. BBQ joint next door was a huge bonus! We only stayed for one night - in town for a concert - so we did not take advantage of the amenities, but judging by the rest of the hotel, I'm sure they were top notch.

I loved our stay we will return.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Pool could’ve had a little less chlorine eyes burned for days. And room service could’ve cleaned up.

Bed extra fluffy, No bed bugs, pool amazing just a little less chlorine. Service at front desk amazing and polite.

The pool
    • Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

Our AC broke in the night and we had to be moved after maintenance couldn't fix it. They could have offered a discount for the inconvenience

The pool

Very disappointing, especially for the price!
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The parking lot was full of potholes. All carpeting was original, 30 years old. Unfresh scent in the open areas. The equipment in the small gym was not in working order. This is located in a busy highway intersection. When I imagine Crowne Plaza, this is not it. The original sign of the hotel was literally standing, with a canvas Crown Plaza sign over it.

Underrated. Exceptional. Clean. A great time.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The staff are super welcoming and helpful. Everything from the pool to the bathrooms and beds are clean and comfortable. The little nightclub was exceptional (We went on St Pattys day). One of my favorite hotels to stay at for a little weekend getaway.

Nice place to rest your head.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The only real issue I saw was that the wallpaper was peeling a bit. Other than that, the place is excellent.

The property is in a nice area, there's plenty of locations to eat nearby. The staff was courteous and professional. I would definitely stay there again.

The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were great!

The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were great! The 4 th floor was quiet; we really appreciated the quiet. We went there because our electricity went out at our home because of a storm. The staff was welcoming and the room was large and immaculate!

I was supposed to get the Boscov’s discount. I did not receive it for my stay.
    • King Room with Patio - Non-Smoking

I asked for a late check out of 3pm. And they changed the keys after 12pm and I couldn’t get back in the room.

The breakfast and staff at breakfast was excellent.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Excellent place for the value.

I loved being next to all the shopping center and restaurants in the area. I liked the fact that it was not smoking. I also liked the fact that even though it is pretty friendly you can't even know there are pets around. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling around the area.

We arrived late and the TV was broken.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

We arrived late and the TV was broken. Too late for calling for service. We've stayed here before when visiting Reading. Probably won't again.

The bed was fine and the air conditioner worked well.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I had thought that breakfast was included because I had checked it off, but supposedly because I booked through booking.com, that was not the case. The ice machine did not work, Wi-Fi was spotty and difficult to sign in to, and the rooms and hallway were dingy. Housekeeping also didn't even clean one of our rooms.

The bed was fine and the air conditioner worked well. Breakfast service was wonderful.

For the most part our stay was excellent and would recommend the Hotel to my friends
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

there was no safe to place our valuables in when we were not in the room. I thought that a mini safe was available in room. The toilet was low and and not a standard size, it seemed like it was smaller than normal. The channel selection for the cable TV was limited.

the bedding was extra firm mattress with pillow tops. each bed came with 4 pillows that really felt like high dollar pillows. there was coffee in room and a great view of the property from the window.

The pool was fun.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I had some leftovers from my trip so I asked if I could get a fridge and microwave in my room. The staff was great at getting what I needed. However, the fridge smelled like dead fish and the microwave was not much better. I threw my food away and ordered pizza. Such is life!

The pool was fun. The breakfast buffet was good.

Dreams Do Come True....

Had to pay for refrigerator in room

Met my girlfriend who was walking the Appalachian Trail for the last month, it was a dream come true, great place and location, very upscale area.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Helpful staff hotel in need of renovations!

I arrived in the evening checked in without a problem. I went to take a shower and the wallpaper was peeling off the wall with extensive black mold behind. they ended up switching my room to a very nice suite and offering me complementary breakfast the next day for my inconvenience. However, there was a rowdy group in the pool just outside my bedroom window that was using the facility way past the Posted time. This prevented me from being able to fall sleep. The hotel itself seems very nice however, it is in need of a great deal of renovations. The staff did what they could to accommodate me and make my stay as pleasant as possible . However I was disappointed to have spent over hundred dollars for the accommodations.

The staff was very friendly and helpful!

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Overall a great experience. Would highly recommend!

Although the facility was very clean, I felt the room was not worth the $135 we paid. The bathroom wallpaper was peeling, there were chips in the floor, the bathroom was very small. It was clearly a smaller room (we stayed before and room was nicer) in an out of the way place.

The entire staff was amazing on every level. However, we would like thank a WONDERFUL person - Kim - in the Prime. We thought breakfast was included but was not because we used booking.com. She insisted we sit down and eat and breakfast was on her. She was delightful, attentive, kind and caring. She is worth a MILLION to this restaurant and your clientele! THANK YOU KIM!

• Reviewed: 31 October 2018

All amenities

All amenities

• Reviewed: 30 October 2018

Very enjoyable

Everything was great

• Reviewed: 27 October 2018

Great stay near everything!
    • Room Selected at Check-In

A little large and busy for my taste

The bed was comfortable with stylish bedding.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2018

Clean cozy and nice
    • Room Selected at Check-In

There was no mini fridge In the room or a microwave.

Clean cozy and nice

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

It met its purposes.

My five o’clock wake up call, by the garbage truck.

The location is ideal.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

we originally asked for 2 beds and a refrigerator they...
    • Room Selected at Check-In

we originally asked for 2 beds and a refrigerator they brought a refrig and a cot into the room

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

I was surprised that there was no refrigerator or microwave...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was surprised that there was no refrigerator or microwave in the room

Not as clean and the rooms are old

Not as clean and the rooms are old

Would highly recommend . Definitely would stay here again
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Very friendly staff. Nice pool . Comfortable bed. Nice little special touches in room .

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Visit family
    • Room Selected at Check-In

They charge to much taxes

That I find out they animal friendly

Found hair everywhere!
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Bed could've been more comfortable. Room could've been cleaner.

Found hair everywhere! Black, mold like substance under bathroom sink.

Expected better decor for the price

Shabby room

Convenience for event

Was disappointed about staff at the frount desk

The shower night club

The shower night club pool

That the room didn’t have a fridge

That the room didn’t have a fridge

Staff was friendly

That the rooms didnt have a refrigerator.

Staff was friendly

Staff

Staff

Crowns Plaza Rocks!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

An update to the bathroom in the rooms.

The Breakfast was amazing. They have an omelet section with lots of toppings!

The room service food

The room service food

it waa good

i loved everything

Staff was great.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Room a little musty but was fine once aired out.

Staff was great. It was quiet at night. The breakfast was very good

I would consider staying in future but NOT at that price.
    • Double Room With Two Double Beds-Patio-Non Smoking

Refrigerator would have been nice for $150/night. Alley view from ground floor room had A LOT to be desired. AC problem.

Room was clean.

hotel is dated

hotel is dated

Enjoyed my stay.
    • Double Room With Two Double Beds-Patio-Non Smoking

The potholes have to be fixed. Too many.

Good parking, nice room

Awesome, big room and quiet

Vending machines...did not know of any

Quiet

Bed was comfortable.

I was allergic to "relaxing spray". Woke up all night coughing and sneezing.

Bed was comfortable.

Crown plaza reading

Very spacious and clean. Staff very friendly

Comfortable stay

Everything was good

Very clean and nice facilities

How nice everyone was.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room didn't have a refrigerator.

How nice everyone was.

I liked everything about the property including the club.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I liked everything about the property including the club.

• Room Selected at Check-In

My room was in the basement

Not included

Not included

good customer service

Different brackfirst

Good Stay
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Bathroom was not updated.

Bed was very comfortable. Pool was a good size and stayed open late. 24hours fitness center

Amazing

Breakfast was amazing

Slightly annoying
    • King Room with Patio - Non-Smoking

The room needed dusting and had knats/ants.

The room had knats and ants

Bar in the hotel