Reviews of Sheraton Reston 3 stars

11810 Sunrise Valley Drive , Reston, VA 20191, USA

#4 of 7 hotels in Reston

Smelly room, underwhelming staff.
    • Two Double Beds Room - Non Smoking

Room smelled like mildew with significant stains on the carpet near the beds and by the windows. Staff was less than friendly when I called to inquire about my booking and couldn't find my reservation when I arrived.

Convenient location

Great place Room for improvement

Need to update the television. My room had duct tape on its window. The bar closes at 11.

I loved the staff. I really liked my room. The location is amazing. Definitely worth what I paid for.

Housekeeping was so sweet!

I paid the hotel price for the breakfast buffet-15.99. It was adequate, but they need to keep it warmer. Food was generally lukewarm to cold. Thought I just hit a bad time the first day, but the second was the same.

Housekeeping was so sweet!

Could have been perfect in. Quieter room
    • Two Double Beds Room - Non Smoking

Room 450. Is above a loading bay and very noisy. Staff were doing the basics and once established you were not a preferred guest were really not interested. Bad directions to the room Silly coffee machine which didn’t give out hot water. In short a bad choice for an overnight stay ahead of an overnight flight.

Comfortable bed

It was good with some irritations

The front desk really screwed up with the bill. The booked two rooms on one credit card and an unknown amount of money on on of the credit cards of one of my co-workers. So far they didn't solve the problem and are also not very determined to solve it. Have expressed my feelings about this but service is really lacking. They also screwed up the booking and were not aware of the change that already had been confirmed. Front desk is not up to speed.

The rooms were great. The hotel is huge and is also used for school children visiting Washington DC in large numbers. Can be busy although the hotel tries to keep them separated from the other guests.

Miserable
    • Two Double Beds Room - Non Smoking

Worst check in experience ever. Front desk clerk was rude uncaring and claim to be new to the facility therefore he couldn’t provide any information about the

OK, but I would have expected better for the price.

They charged me exactly the amount quoted when I booked. But that was supposed to include airport transfers, which had been withdrawn at the time when I arrived. The price should have been adjusted. Before I left home I tried to find out about the airport transfer that were advertised. But my emails about this were never answered. The restaurant was moderate, except that in the breakfast buffet the plates were cold, so that by the time you've eaten half your scrambled egg, the rest was cold. There are no real shops in the hotel, which wouldn't matter if there were shops within an easy walk outside, But there aren't.

The hotel is a typical medium-range hotel. The meetings rooms were OK, especially the Ballroom.

Hotel has seen better days
    • Two Double Beds Room - Non Smoking

Lack of waiting staff in restaurant in the evening. The carpets were thread bare My room needed replastering. The coffee in the room was not replenished even after requesting more.

Good experience overall

Wish the servers at breakfast were attentive. I would rather have gotten a meal and not buffet and they didn't really bother to explain or assist

Loved room service and lounge service

Overall things were good. Room was clean Hallway staff was good in pointing me to elevators.
    • Two Double Beds Room - Non Smoking

Front desk when check in was a little rude. I was in suit and tie and maybe they thought I was there for business, but was actually in town for funeral service. Just needed a place to stay overnight before leaving out Sunday AM. Guess everyone in DC is used to busy politicians and businessmen.

Breakfast was good...a little expensive but good. Room was clean and well stocked.

We went for sentimental reasons.

No refrigerator in the room. Room service food was very expensive and the view out the window was a cement wall.

We went for sentimental reasons. The bed was very comfortable.

The hotel was conveniently close located to my business...
    • Standard Room - Disability Access

the hotel building feels outdated (70's), windows and doors have gaps where the wind is passing through and make it feel cold. Breakfast is too simple.

The hotel was conveniently close located to my business meetings. Bar and Barfood were good. Bed and bathroom are ok.

Overall, I would stay again but will ask for a quieter and recently renovated room.
    • Two Double Beds Room - Non Smoking

The walls were very thin. Not only could I hear the conversations of my neighbor through the walls but I could also hear the telephone conversations from the recipients my neighbor was speaking too...and I don't think his phone was on speaker. I was in what appeared to be an older wing of the hotel so perhaps that was the case. I have stayed several times before and have not had that problem.

The shuttle service and friendliness of hotel staff.

I do not plan on staying at this hotel again.
    • Two Double Beds Room - Non Smoking

I booked this room at an elevated price based upon availability of rooms. The hotel booked me into a suite with two queen beds (for one person) at a price of $347. When I arrived at the hotel, I stated that I did not need a suite and they offered and provided me a room with only one bed which the typical cost is $218 based upon staying the previous week. When I checked out they charged me $347 for the one bed room instead of the $218. I complained but to no avail. I do not plan on staying at this hotel again.

Great place to stay, would recommend
    • Two Double Beds Room - Non Smoking

It's a little bit far from everything -- eg groceries are on the other side of RTC, and the town itself is on the other side of the Dulles Airport Highway (there is a nice pathway that runs parallel to the road -- has trees and is grade-separated). The free shuttle service makes up for it. Keep in mind it's about 45 minutes from the Reston metro stop to the National Mall, but we were visiting Reston. When we went to DC on the weekend, it was a perfectly fine experience.

- Not far from Town Center -- maybe 20 minute walk, 10 minute shuttle; - Not far from Metro either -- 20 minute walk, didn't take shuttle; - Shuttle from airport runs every 30 minutes, didn't need to call in advance; - Liked the fact that we could skip house keeping and get credits for it, sheets don't need to be changed nightly! :)

Bed was comfortable;
    • Two Double Beds Room - Non Smoking

Inconvenient parking, lot too far downhill and it was full. Drove around the building 3 times before finding an available park Nice dining room but outside view from the big windows in dire need of cleaning and landscaping selections for lunch were inadequate, ordered soap that had to be sent back to be cooked longer

Bed was comfortable; nice decor

Free shuttle service was very useful.
    • Club King Room

The bar/restaurant claimed to be open until 12am but turned us away at 11:40 pm when trying to get a night cap.

Free shuttle service was very useful. Big pool in center of hotel was fun as well.

The location of the hotel from the nearby metro station.

There was no fridge in the room! We have stayed in cheaper hotels in recent weeks, but there was always a fridge.

The location of the hotel from the nearby metro station. The shuttle bus to this station. Metro is ideal for visiting downtown Washington DC.

Do not stay here if you don't have a car.
    • Two Double Beds Room - Non Smoking

No free breakfast available. Breakfast buffet was USD15 per person. No good food or drinks available at their small store section. No shops nearby.

It was 1.7km away from the closest subway station. Free ride to IAD.

Desk staff and night manager were spectacular!
    • Two Double Beds Room - Non Smoking

Bathrooms needed updating. Availability of fridge not plentiful. Small pool, limited time 10am-9pm

Desk staff and night manager were spectacular! Large group was residing at hotel during our stay and the hotel was far too small to accommodate their needs. Hotel guests coukdnt swim in pool as it was at capacity with 1/2 of the large group. Desk staff was very apologetic for the inconveniences and tried to compensate.

Nice hotel... not the most restful night.
    • Two Double Beds Room - Non Smoking

I didn't think the bedding was very comfortable. Also, my flight landed at 10:50pm, and by the time my bags came out, I had just missed the 11pm shuttle. Because the shuttle only runs on the hour, I had to wait at the airport an extra hour and take the midnight van.

Having the shuttle option was very helpful, and the shuttle driver was great... very friendly.

Good value.

Unfortunately, I was booked on a low floor facing the parking lot and construction. I woke up to the beeping of trucks. I also couldn't open the curtains to let in light because I was at face level with the lot.

Big comfortable room.

Good location and shuttle to metro
    • Standard Room - Disability Access

better selection of purchase snacks at front desk area; microwave and refrigerators in room!

Good facilities on site. Convenient shuttle to Metro. Fabulous customer service by everyone!

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

I was VERY disappointed in how poor your airport shuttle...
    • Standard Room - Disability Access

I was VERY disappointed in how poor your airport shuttle service is. I arrived in Dulles shortly before 11:00 pm. I went directly to the waiting area for hotel shuttles and had to wait AN HOUR, until midnight, to get picked up. Meanwhile, every other hotel that offered shuttle service -- and there were several that did -- had their shuttles come by two or three times. I was really upset that the only hotel that had totally inadequate shuttle service was the one I had chosen. Please, make your shuttles more frequent for weary travelers!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

This Is the second time my son and I haves stayed there for...
    • Club King Room

This Is the second time my son and I haves stayed there for a karate tournament and specifically asked for a Mini fridge. It was promised both times but we never received one.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Sheraton visit from ATL

The air conditioning machine made a whistle noise when the heat was on, it woke me up a few times. It was not a big issue. Overall I enjoyed my stay.

The main hall decorations, and how nice the front desk assistant was. The cleanliness of the hotel, and my hotel room.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

We were there because my husband was having surgery on the...

I wasn't thrilled with the menu choices after 8:00.

We were there because my husband was having surgery on the 20th at Reston hospital. We had a mechanical problem with our car and the young man at the front desk was very helpful in getting my husband to the hospital while I waited for AAA. Without his help, I'm not sure what would have happened so a VERY BIG THANK YOU goes out to that young man.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Clean and well equipped except for coffee.. Yes coffee

They had starbucks coffee in the room however both bags were decaf?!?!? Why??

Clean and good quality. May be a small thing but they had some nice shampoo and soap in the bathroom rather than cheap stuff that hotels like to put.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

If the cleaning crew didn't wake us up at 10:30am in the morning, our stay would have been perfect.

The cleaning crew tried to enter our room at 10:30am in the morning, waking us up, when they should have known that check out time was at 12:00pm

The bed was quite nice.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Sheraton Reston

No fridge in the room.

Sheraton Reston is comfortable, clean, staff are friendly. Nice amenities. Restaurant is nice and the food was good. Property is well maintained inside and out. Would definitely book this hotel again.

Everything is perfect

Everything is perfect

location and staff
    • Two Double Beds Room - Non Smoking

No mini fridge in our room

location and staff

Sheraton Reston
    • Two Double Beds Room - Non Smoking

The lobby smelled like cigarette smoke all of the time.

The pool was very well maintained and very nice.

Overpriced and overrated Sheraton
    • Two Double Beds Room - Non Smoking

Gave us the very last room at the end of the hall. Elevator smelled. Brown stain in toilet. Breakfast was $20.

Pillows were nice

Hotel is modern and stylish.
    • Two Double Beds Room - Non Smoking

Hotel is modern and stylish. Restaurant was great! Fitness room adequate. Friendly staff!

The bed

Old and rundown

The bed

It was clean and staff was very nice.

Parking

It was clean and staff was very nice.

Good trip
    • Two Double Beds Room - Non Smoking

Staff was rude when checking in

The hotel is tired and needs an update.

Shuttle needs to run MUCH more often. Current schedule makes it 99% useless. Staff was not knowledgeable.

Nice staff good location
    • Two Double Beds Room - Non Smoking

Room should have more light and a small fridge

Nice staff good location

Great stay, slept awesome!

staff were great!

none

everything

everything

Value for money.

Value for money.

Close airport
    • Standard Room - Disability Access

The window rattled loudly all night and the tap didn’t work

Close airport

Nice property, but terrible windows.

Noisy. The windows shook all day and all night. They are on a track that allows them room to get banged around by even low wind.

Cozy

Adequate for a one - night stay.

Bathrooms, room facilities, hotel information.

The bed was very comfortable and the buffet breakfast was good. All staff very pleasant.

Expected

N/a

N/a

Peoplep

Good location, hotel needs to invest in better beds.

The mattress was either very cheap or way overdue for replacing. I slept in a trough all night.

Staff was very pleasant. The room was clean.

Had a GREAT TIME
    • Standard Room - Disability Access

My booking was messed up but the manager did accommodate us.

The location was perfect and couldn't ask for better accommodations.

Attended for a business conference...would definitely stay again and recommend others to do so.
    • Standard Room - Disability Access

I enjoyed my stay. Room as very nice and clean. The bed was "to die for"....very comfortable!!

good access to metro thru shuttle.
    • Standard Room - Disability Access

good access to metro thru shuttle. worked great for sightseeing in DC.

I was over charge

I was over charge

Room comfortable
    • Two Double Beds Room - Non Smoking

The restaurant was closed and I brought guests to the hotel; had to use the bar area for dinner on Monday night with limited menu.

Room comfortable

Dont waste your time

This place is pittiful I was charged $6.00 for a bottle of water and the staff could barely speak English to assist me. They was so rude!!!!

the shuttle service was great!

the shuttle service was great!

Very comfortable and pleasant

Second room we got toilet didn't flush right but everything else was good

Pet friendly

Great value in Reston

Parking

Great service. Great restaurant. Loved the pillows!!

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

A comfortable stay

The bed was extremely comfortable.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

No response to safe repair request.

No response to safe repair request.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Close to Dulles
    • Two Double Beds Room - Non Smoking

The restaurant had a limited menu

It has all of the comforts for a very affordable price

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Businessman pleased with accommodations

Location to my business interest.

Very accommodating

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Everything was perfect.

Everything was perfect.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

The room was modern and clean.

There wasn't anything to dislike on our stay.

The room was modern and clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

The bed was very comfortable.

Was not aware there would be a incidental hold on my credit card until I asked.

The bed was very comfortable.

The shuttle service is very convenient.
    • Standard Room - Disability Access

The shuttle service is very convenient.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Great Location

Great Location

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

The gym and movies available.
    • Two Double Beds Room - Non Smoking

Breakfast buffet did not offer a lot.

The gym and movies available.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

No refrigerator

No refrigerator

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Not far from DC

No refrigerator in the room

Very comfortable King size bed

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

very clean hotel

no parking available due to Potomac High School Prom being held at the hotel. Had to park in underground parking garage at a different hotel the Westin, near this Sheraton, at 10 pm at night. Had sick child and could not get him up to room due to taking about 20 minutes to find a parking spot finally in a different hotel. Did not feel safe parking in an underground garage late at night while I was alone. When asked the woman at the counter where i could park because all spots were full in the lot I was told that because of the prom, there was nothing they could do, try the garage.

very clean hotel great price

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

The bed was small but decently comfortable.

This Sheraton did not meet the standard of its name and/or brand. The staff was generally rude, disinterested and unconcerned. The room included two full size beds instead of queen size. The bedding was the incorrect size for the bed and kept falling off. The towels were hard and inconsistent in quality. Some were threadbare. The temperature was not well controlled by the thermostat inside of the room. Our room was too warm the entire 6 days. We asked for a fan to help and were told that there were none available. The shuttle drivers were either a few minutes late or a few minutes early. Although they say they leave every half hour, that's not accurate. This hotel is a full hour and a half away from D.C. by metro and the shuttle only services the Dulles airport; not Reagan. The drivers will take you to the Reston area metro station but will only pick you up if you arrive back before 10:30 pm. This was a decent hotel but no where close to what I expect from a Sheraton hotel associated with a major city. This hotel benefits in pricing from the Sheraton name but does not offer the service or quality of hotels bearing that name. I do not feel like this was a good quality for my money.

The bed was small but decently comfortable.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2016

Proximity to Airport, Comfort of bed and Shuttle bus to...

Pool closed, corridor unhoovered and breakfast expensive unless you wanted a vast quantity.

Proximity to Airport, Comfort of bed and Shuttle bus to Metro.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2016

We stay here quite often, always with two bicycles.

We stay here quite often, always with two bicycles. We especially like that the staff is so helpful in putting them in the locked luggage room making our stay much easier for us. In so many places we have to lug the bicycles up to the room where they're in the way. The staff really cares about making us feel welcome and happy.

There are also 78 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.