Reviews of Sheraton Salt Lake City 4 stars

150 West 500 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84101 , USA

#41 of 69 hotels in Salt Lake City

• Traditional King Room with View

The fan of the room is somewhat loude. I turned it off eventurally.

A nice hotel for business trip. The reception employee can speak very good Chinese and he is very friendly. I feel home when staying.

See the above.

The only issue was the second day my partner asked that they clean our room. When we returned late that night, the room had not been cleaned. We needed clean towels and sheets. I called down to ask for clean pillow covers and clean towels. The attendant was kind but there was a language barrier. Eventually, we got it worked out and he delivered the clean linens. I would definitely stay at the Sheraton again!

• Traditional King Room with View

Pillows were horrible. The bathroom was super tiny and dated. The shower head was coming off the wall. The whole bathroom just seemed dirty and dingy.

The bed was really nice.

• Traditional King Room

The Hotel was nicer than we expected. Looks brand new on the inside. It is right next door to Ski N See so it made it very easy for us to pick up our rental skis. Close to many restaurants. Convenient to the airport. Starbuck's on site!

• Traditional Double Room

Unfortunately we didn't have breakfast included as only stayed 1 night on the way to Park City, but the foyer & waiting area was beautifully presented for Christmas, with the large floor to ceiling windows adjacent to the fire place was magic with it snowing outside. From our quick review of the premises it had some shops, hairdresser, large bar & eating facility. The room was very comfortable with beds/pillows supportive but just soft enough for a great sleep.

• Club King Room

We was supposed to have a tub in our room and there was only a shower. The room was also smaller than it was supposed to be and we had issues with breakfast the next morning. The guy at the front desk told us that we didn’t pay for breakfast with our room and we had to pull up our confirmation to prove to him that we did pay for it, then he was rude afterward.

The bed was super comfortable.

• Traditional Double Room with View

No microwave in the room. Found blood on the quilt. Not many choices for breakfast. The lady at the cafe on 10th floor was really rude... We had breakfast there on November 24 and asked if they had milk and a microwave in the cafe. The lady in charge of the cafe replied in a way like we shouldn't ask such silly questions... She said "people usually don't try to look around by themselves" or something like that which really pissed us off. Is that because we were a group of nonwhites?? As a nice hotel like Sheraton with a cost of $180 per night, I don't suppose to be treated in this way. Really disappointed.

• King Room - Disability Access

Hotel has a beautiful lobby - nice and cozy with a fireplace, game tables, bar and restaurant. Breakfast was good - loved the omelet station and fresh fruit. Room was nice, clean and the bathroom was a good size. Staff was awesome. Wish I had spent more time there.

• Traditional King Room with View

Some of the parking areas could use more outdoor lighting at night Some of the furniture in the room showing age

Balcony overlooking the city Staff kept the place very clean Free Parking

• Traditional King Room

We had a show that was late and had a hard time finding a good parking spot when we got back, we had to park on the opposite side of the hotel

The shuttle service was very good, beds very comfortable

• Traditional King Room

Rude food service lady on the club floor. 'Can't remember her name but she's an older that does the breakfast not the very nice and sweet girl that works at night'

Always a great place to stay.

Everything was great!

Location location location! Very very clean and comfortable! Also the shuttle service just wish it was available before 5am since having to be at airport 2 hrs before departure but otherwise a great service provided!

• Club King Room

The need to have to ask for our room to be made-up each day.

Location of the hotel to downtown Salt Lake City. The use of the Executive Club facilities.

• King Room - Disability Access

The air conditioning in my room was not working properly.. despite having someone try to fix it twice,i had to use a fan on 24hrs a day to help cool the room, the balcony attached to the room was not usable, it had spider webs and peeling paint, and rusty iron. The rooms and elevators required two keys to access. The staff placed colored stickers on the keys to tell the difference between the door key and elevator key. The sticker peeled off and could not tell the difference. The entire process was cumbersome.

The restaurant on site had good food, friendly staff

• Traditional Double Room

The room we got was dirty, it looked liked somebody got a haircut on the bed. It was filled with small black hair. We swiched room and got a smaller room than the one we had. Asked for sheets 3 times until they arrive.

We had late dinner at the hotel which was good great price and we had the nicest waitress. The pool is nice.

• Traditional King Room

If you're a young couple I'd advise you to try a different place. My fiancé and I are 20 and 21 so we're very young and there was no one there around our age in the slightest. Which for me usually would not have been a problem except for how the lobby was so beautiful yet smelled like an retirement home, and to the point it was so overwhelming I got a headache because of it. And anyone who knows me personally knows I love old people but the hotel is more so fitted to an older age group. Also the rooms were very small for what I paid for. On top of that I originally booked a room with a King bed I was told my room was not cleaned yet mind you it was almost 5pm. So the lady at the front Desk said she'd "upgrade" me to a two queen room with a balcony and a "view". WRONG our room was facing the back of a building, no view whatsoever. Overall if your in your 20s I don't recommend this hotel unfortunately.

The room was very neat and clean, we had everything we needed.

• Traditional King Room

Booked room with a balcony to find it faced a breeze block wall. Room was dark and tired but after travellin for 15 hours and lugging luggage to the room it was too much trouble to get it changed. Checked out early the following morning and chose another hotel for return trip Requested email invoice. Not received.

Located near to the city centre

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Traditional King Room with View

Elevators were carded and very inconsistent, rarely went to the floor you'd expect. Area isn't very nice, but is far from sketchy.

The hotel was located downtown and dinner and breakfast were within a mile walk. The room was spotless and featured modern furniture and USB ports.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Traditional Double Room

One of the beds in the room was like sleep in a ditch so made for a good night's sleep pretty impossible. So if they give you room 255 don'the chose the bed closest to the bathroom.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Traditional Double Room

The hotel in general is outdated and the courtyard rooms are inconvenient. Our room had a strange odor. Although they tried to update the very old courtyard rooms, they just need a major overhaul to compete with other premiere hotels. There really are no amenities with this hotel, the pool is old and inconveniently located outside. The restaurant is nothing special and the fitness center is bare bones and located in a basement. Was not impressed with amenities or overall cleanliness of this hotel. Would not stay here again, no matter how low the cost or convenient the location.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

there is no complaints

I was so pleased with the space of the room, the cleanliness and comfort. The staff was extremely welcoming, and helpful. This was an amazing stay for the amount of money we paid. The location is right in the middle of downtown. Close to malls, restaurants and nightlife. we will definitely be back, as well as refer friends and family to this hotel.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Traditional Double Room

Exterior door located closest to our room was not working requiring us to walk halfway around the hotel to get from the car to the room when I said something to the guest services manager he said yeah that door doesn't work as though he was highly aware of it and it had been that way for a while. This is not acceptable at a hotel at this price point.

excellent location and comfortable

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Traditional King Room

The carpet flooring is not my favorite due to allergy, but this time it was wet when I enter the room. The service is somewhat disappointing and not easy to understand. Below are few examples: 1. A came to reception desk handling the passport to the offices. Instead of taking the passport he asked "What's your last name?". After an answer he said "I need your photo id". 2. Only b/w map of the central SLC is available at the reception. The map even doesn't include the Greyhound bus station. 3. There is a water in the room above the label "Free and clear. Compliment's of starwood preferred guest. Join SPG today at web". It's not clear whether the water is free for those who doesn't join. 4. Air conditioner control is outdated. The soft buttons are hard to press. Switch between C/F resets the temperature to default.

Huge room and bathroom, scenic window view, comfortable bed. The breakfast is excellent.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

• Traditional King Room

First, the front desk told me parking was around the building "in the back". I felt like parking was just too far. As we tried to carry all of our luggage, we passed the side parking lot were parking actually began. I was NOT happy! Second, at 6AM there was a knock at the door interrupting our sleep, I open the door and there was a housekeeper holding two rolls of toilet paper. I tried to take the toilet paper but she shook her head no and gestured with her body, as if to come inside the room towards the bathroom. I physically blocked the door and said "NO!". I kept repeating "we do not need toilet paper, what can I do for you? What do want/need?" The housekeeper just kept pointing to our bathroom and shaking the paper. We were never able to communicate with each other. I just closed the door and tried to go back to sleep. At checkout I was unable to tell the front desk about our annoyances because the line was too long and I just wanted to get out of there.

The room was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Traditional King Room

The staff was excellent. Freindly and accommodating. I had some special requests that were quickly taken care of. The staff was friendly. Would defiantly recommend.will be sure to stay there upon my return. Lived the breakfast in bed option. The room service was great. Loved the bed.very clean room. The courtyard was beautiful. Thanks so much to all the staff. The stay was awesome! 10/10

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

• Club King Room

Had sheets changed when I arrived because they were dirty. Couldn't get out of the third night booked because of booking.com policy

People were nice

• King Room - Disability Access

excellent hotel great staff.....no issues and very good wifi and parking

• Traditional Double Room

A bit further away from downtown than anticipated.

View from the room was

Parking

The area is quiet

• Traditional Double Room with View

Everything about this trip was memorable. The hotel staff, the room and the breakfast buffet was awesome!

Nothing to dislike

Typical for price. No issues

Awesome room

• Traditional King Room with View

No Guest Laundry available.

Good breakfast

Strassenlärm

modernes Zimmer, top Club Lounge, guter Gym, grosser Pool

• Club King Room

The breakfast and the free afternoon apero

Staff

Swimming pool area

• Traditional Double Room

Staff is not much flexible

Excellent location, spacious room and very comfortable bed.

• Traditional Double Room

The beds and pillows were amazing!!

• Traditional King Room

Great pool area that the dog could enjoy too!

• Traditional King Room

Nothing to dislike. It was a pleasure to stay there

Everything-except trying to find the Hotel! My gps would not recognise the address

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Club King Room

super clean room , cozy and welcoming

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Traditional King Room

We were only there for one short night so didn't get to take full advantage of facilities.

Bed was large and extra comfy. Convenient location.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Traditional King Room

The bed was luxurious and the room very well appointed

• Traditional Double Room

Access to power outlets in room and in lobby work areas. Couldn't work at the desk in the room.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

• Traditional Double Room

The location is amazing and I like everything there, And actually I'm so happy in Utah

parking space availability

Good location, excellent service. Breakfast is good.

• Club King Room

I checked out early and did not receive a credit. I will not book with Booking.com again

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

• Traditional Double Room

The bed was really comfortable.

Everything was fantastic

• Traditional Double Room

Paint peeling in the bathtub, location of the towel rack. As being short hard to reach.

Great place to stay

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Traditional Double Room

Did like the transits loitering outside.

Location was good.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Traditional King Room

Sean was great with check in and made sure we were taken care of.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• Traditional King Room with View

There was nothing not to like about the place

Wonderful place to stay. Would tell my friends and family about it..

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Traditional King Room

The bathtub needs replacing.

We told them it was our anniversary and they gave us complimentary chocolate covered strawberries!

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• King Room - Disability Access

Awesome experience!!! Will definitely go through you guys again!!!

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Cleanliness of the facility

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

Bar closed early

comfy bed

• Traditional King Room with View

Everything was spot on, and the value was very good

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• King Room - Disability Access

The staff were very friendly on check in and bed was very comfy.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Traditional Double Room

utterly scrumptious bed with lovely crisp cotton sheets.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Traditional Double Room

Doors didn't work with key to well. Ice machine and pop machine on two floors didn't work.

Within walking distance to what I needed.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

Nothing really.

Good location, easy walking distance to city centre, comfortable room and a great breakfast with lots of choice.

Stayed in May 2016

• Reviewed: 8 May 2016

It's across the street from the liquor store and the parking lot is full of homeless people. Felt uneasy leaving my motorcycle in the parking lot over night.

Cleanliness

• Reviewed: 3 May 2016

Card required for use of elevator, good for security purpose but bad when you forget card or card doesn't work cause this did happen to me.... and have to use stairs to go anywhere

Breakfast was great, service in general was great

• Reviewed: 3 April 2016

This is a nice newer property so it's clean and comfy. I do think for the price though some sort of breakfast should be included, even things you could just grab.

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

Breakfast was pittiful, staff was unfriendly, tried to upgrade and was told no because we booked with 3rd party instead of booking directly through hotel.

Pillows were like a cloud. Room and hotel was clean

• Reviewed: 24 November 2015

The room they gave us had bugs, the second room they tried to give us had more bugs. They finally gave us a loft room in the courtyard without a view and the maid didn't clean the downstairs.

They had a Starbucks in the hotel.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2015

I was in SLC to attend a convention at the Salt Palace Convention Center from 6-10 Oct. With the amount I paid, I would have expected more on the facilities and the amenities. First of all, I really don't understand how on earth a Sheraton hotel is using pale white lighting in a room. I checked in at around 7:30pm after a 6-hour drive from Vegas. The first thing that came to my eyes when I entered the room was this off white lighting which to be honest wasn't very comforting. I felt like I went into a funeral home. I was assigned to a connecting room and I could hear the noise from next door loud and clear every night. The room was kind of basic. There wasn't even a tea table in front of the small sofa. No bath tub in the bathroom. The shower was kind of weak. Frankly, to a traveler, the no 1 important thing is having a hot shower with a strong jet of water after a day out in the city for work or for leisure. Even better is a hot tub soak. Neither of these could be done in this room which was disappointing. My friend paid a similar price at Hotel Monaco which was far closer to the convention center and the room was so much more like a normal 5-star hotel.

The staff were friendy & helpful. The room was spacious & clean. The mattress was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2015

The service in the 5th Street Grill within the hotel was terrible--before dinner it took 15 minutes to get the wrong cocktail so we just departed. Breakfast the next morning not much better service. GO ELSEWHERE FOR FOOD. And they need to give a property map to all customers checking in because "Way Finding" is not something they understand.

Large room and attentive staff. Terrific pool and hot tub. And free Airport Shuttle is excellent.

• Reviewed: 13 September 2015

Pool was unheated, hot tub full of unsupervised children using it for a pool. Bottom of shower in room was chipped in several places. View from our 4th floor room was overlooking the entrance portal roof.

Staff was friendly, room was updated and modern, shower was awesome with lots of pressure, bed was comfortable, pillows and duvet were awesome! Flat screen tv with premium channels.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2015

The parking lot is a little sketchy but they remedied our concerns quickly. We stayed in maybe the more run down part of the hotel but still good for the price. You can just tell it's the older side.

The staff was amazingly friendly and helpful.

There are also 83 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.