Reviews of Sheraton Sonoma County Petaluma 3 stars

745 Baywood Drive , Petaluma, CA 94954, USA

#2 of 7 hotels in Petaluma

Maid service didn't clean the room first day and hadn't cleaned by 2:30 another day, never left coffee, and did not replace the toilet paper.

I liked the lay out of the room, and the view.

We asked for adjoining rooms which they gave us. Then, before we brought out luggage in they took one of the adjoining rooms away. So, we were disappointed with that. One room was larger and ours was smaller.

I stayed a Sunday night, the hotel was not busy at all. The first room I went to was down a hall and at the end of another hall. The room keys did not work. Carried by bags back to the front desk. I expressed my disappointment, she said she wanted to make me happy and put me in another room. When I got to the room, it was next to the elevator, well ok. The room had no view and had a door leading out to a space with other doors and windows. The door had a large glass panel with a screen you pulled down. At night lights glared through the screen. I went down to the lobby for a quick dinner. Asked for a glass of a specific white wine and the waiter said how about a Benzinger...long story short it was $21.00. Moral to the story, demand what you want and do not give an inch to the staff.

Comfortable room

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Didn't know there would be a prom happening. Music was so loud on third floor and room would shake. Then fire alarm went off at about 10:30pm and evacuated.

Close to weekend activities

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Police or sheriff convention going on? Or moving someone in witness protection. Either way, many in uniform made us think something was going on.

Nice to look out over Marina.

I think there could be more channels that would appeal to women and children (it was mostly sports). The sofa bed was very uncomfortable. The gym was not very clean and there were some issues with locks not working on property (with key card).

The staff were friendly, helpful, and professional. I appreciated all of them very much.

Bar closed early and we were told we couldn't stay to finish our drinks once the shut down. We were told we would have to finish them in lobby.

The amount of space and views

• King Room - Disability Access

The handicap room I asked for was disappointing I expected a showe but there was only a bathtub with bars. If you can’t get into a tub the bars are useless. The font on the policy booklet was so small and printing so light I couldn’t read it.

• Club Double Room

Position is miles from anywhere. Photos make it look like it’s on a nice marina on a lake but the reality is it’s on a marsh next to a freeway. Not really walking distance to anything or downtown.

Nice clean room, good size. Property is nice with good facilities.

We book our room three months ahead and when checking in they asked if we had been there before. Since we hadn’t, I was hoping they would give us a nice room to make sure we would want to come back. Instead, we were put on the wall next to the ice machine and the elevators. The elevator was a constant noise that kept us from sleeping. It wasn’t like they had to fill that room because it was there last room. Our friends, checked in 3 hours later and got three different rooms that were in better locations. They really shouldn’t fill the rooms by the elevators unless they absolutely have to. If you are stuck there you should not have to pay full price.

The fireplace in the lobby was nice to sit by wth a drink. They had a couple of outdoor fire pits but they weren’t turned on.

• Club King Room

The manager had taken my belongings when I was out for the day and stuffed them into a few bags and rented my room. I had booked room for emergency disaster from a national emergency situation through FEMA.... The manager displaced and discrassed me stating "we don't do that". Well, they do.

The view was nothing like shown in the picture. The room did not even overlook a parking lot. It overlooked an ugly concrete platform, that is all that we could see. The AC did not work, we could not sleep entire night and had to request for a table fan at 3.30 am, which was not enough to keep us cool. I wish I could get a refund for this stay. We had a long day planned, and due to lack of rest/sleep we could not do any of the activities planned :(

There was literally nothing to like. The room or the view was nothing like shown in the picture.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

A bit pricey but it was a holiday

Lovely room, very comfortable bed. Great for dog owners! First floor room near the exercise paths. Easy parking near room. Beautiful warm pool.

i had requested to arrive to the hotel with a bottle of champagne in my room, I received nothing! I ordered a suite and the room looked nothing like the pictures online. My view was terrible, and the food was terrible. Also there were no trash cans in my room! Definitely will not be going back!

Our room was not made up the day after we checked in. We left the room at 09.35 having arrived from New York after departing from London. We were therefore slept a little late in the morning but not to an unreasonable hour. When we complained the Manager offered $25 which we refused and he said he would review but then failed to include it in the final bill. The desk staff claimed no authority to approve. We settled for $50 just to get out

This room was VERY over priced! I never would have stayed if I could have found another property that wasn't a motel. It was 329.00 plus $10.00 to park - ridiculous! Staff was slow checking in and checking out. The outside of the building and the windows needed a good scrubbing too.

The room was quiet, the bed was comfortable, and there was on Demand movies.

Breakfast and parking should be included for the price charged.

Hotel was fine, clean and the staff were very nice. The on site bar restaurant made good deinks and we had good bar snacks. However they charged for parking which was not mentioned until you got there and see the sign. It was already over priced for what you got as it did not even include breakfast. There were better choices closer to town. It was on the outskirts so had to get in a car to get anywhere.

could not get in touch with any human customer service at booking.com I switched our room from King bed to two queens at the check in of the hotel but could not do that online. Very frustrating.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Just that our room overlooked the trash area.

Extremely nice and helpful staff especially the chef who made it a point to come out and chat with my son:) super nice! Rooms were clean and beds were comfy. Plenty of towels. Rooms were a little small and we didn't have the greatest view, but we didn't pay for one, so no worries. All in all it was great!

Was not impressed with the dinner menu or bar menu. It would have been nice to have a paper in the morning. The carpets need cleaning.

Breakfast was great. Room was very nice, pillows, shower just fine.

Fan and a/c were a little loud but they certainly would ride well!

We loved our room. We could step outside the patio door , walk a few steps on the deck area and we were overlooking the marina and pool. Beautiful! The pool was ideally situated for maximum sun. All amenities in the room were just what we look for in a hotel room to feel pampered. Robes, fluffy towels,, lots of lotion, shampoo, etc. Shower was lovely. Bed was super comfy and tv was easy to use. Friendly staff. Best place in Petaluma!

The pictures were very deceiving. The pool was tiny. And the hotel is on a small, dirty looking marina. The pictures make it look like a big open bay. I felt cheated by having to pay for parking. The hotel has a huge outdoor lot and not even half was filled. The onsite guest Laundry was convenient but one was broken so that only left one machine for the whole hotel. The cost per night is not worth what you get.

The staff was friendly. The rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We've stayed there once a month for about 6 months. There is a new chef and a new menu coming. The old menu was very limited for a hotel restaurant. I'm hoping the new chef is more flexible to food allergies than the last. The space deserves a better dining experience. There's a little shop that's serves Starbucks coffee, which is great. I wish they had some pre made sandwiches and salads. Very pet friendly.

Layout of public area is very comfortable. The lobby bar has great food (excellent hamburger!) and a pleasant vibe. Bedding is excellent and the room is very clean. Nicely decorated.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was not equipped to handle the holiday weekend. The breakfast area ran out of food and there were no utensils. (People were actually eating scrambled eggs with their hands.) The coffee machine was broken in the club lounge and it was also broken in the Starbucks in the lobby. Overall the hotel just seemed understaffed and disorganized, which is not the typical Sheraton experience. Had we been paying the standard rate these things may not have been as big of a deal, but the rates were increased 2x due to the holiday weekend so felt that it was very little value for the exorbitant price.

Property overall was nice. We had great service in the bar.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

They didn't have our updated reservations ( from Booking.com for 1 night to 2) They did accommodate us after showing them the reservation on my phone, we were put in a room at the end of the hall next to the elevators and ice machine. Also didn't care for the first floor, although we had a nice view of the marina with the curtains open people are walking by looking into the room

The Bed was extremely comfortable, Very clean and easy access with plenty of parking.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Club King Room

Having to pay for beer & wine at the so-called "Club Room" was appalling. The "enticement" to book a "Club Room" for such "privileged" access verged on the misleading.

It was a very pleasant but brief stay and worked well for our visit with local family. I appreciated the ability to cancel one of our rooms without complication within the time allowed. We will use he hotel again.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only female waitperson, in Tolay, seems to be the only one that takes her job seriously. This is in the daytime. We've stayed there every month for about 5 months now. She works very hard, while the guys really don't seem to care. She shows great concern about my food allergy, as well. We like Lauren in the bar and love the other woman there, too. It took awhile, but we've warmed up to Josh. The kitchen isn't very flexible when it comes to my allergy. There is only one salad and one entree I'm able to order at dinner. It seems like a hotel restaurant could put together a pasta dish, for example, leaving out the one thing I'm allergic to.

Very nice vibe mostly all around. Property feels very safe. Love the apples in the lobby. Decorated very nice. Good wifi. Dog friendly.

The hotel was very clean, we enjoyed having breakfast every day at the hotel, but we enjoyed the most your pillows. It has a very impressive modern lobby.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

The sheets were hard and scratchy, cheap sheets for the rate of the room. Also I do enjoy a bed to be clean but the smell of bleach so strong I barely slept.

Clean, nice updated bathrooms

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Intrusion into room at 11 30 p m by a man asking why Iwe were in his room My wife and I were sound asleep Bad invasion of our privacy !!! Allen "Evan" asking why. No explanation Someone could have been seriously hurt by this screw up and invasion if either we were assailted or I shot him in the middle of the Night, in my room, in the dark or my wife was sexually assaulted if I Was not there !!' Bad experience Tom Conroy

Pnbirnemt to highwat

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

1am fire alarms/standing in cold outside for a long time/not even a free cup of coffee in the morning!!desk clerk very apologetic and offered to buy us a cup on her own, very nice offer! Wish I knew her name...later heard this happens often at this hotel!

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

I didn't like that there was no mention of the pool being closed. I did not enjoy spending $20+ on mediocre bacon, eggs, and toast. I stood at the snack counter for 20 minutes to try and utilize the $5 coupon that the hotel provides if you choose to "stay green", I ended up leaving after nobody even acknowledged me, or my daughter (the front desk is literally two feet next to it)! So, I went to the gas station across the street to buy the exact same snacks. I don't mean to be all negative but I just cannot be happy spending almost $600 for 3 nights when I would have been just as satisfied with a $55 motel 6, I'm sure.

I enjoyed checking out.

• King Room - Disability Access

The service at the hotel was so poor, it was upsetting. In the bar when there were only 4 people total, the bartender spent time chatting with co workers, telling us she will be with us soon? We waited for 35 minutes for a simple appetizer. The next morning it was New Years Day, however it took 50 MINUTES to get room service just to pick up the phone. We called Front Desk multiple times, we felt like we were bothering them just to try to place our order?? I travel frequently for business and this was some of the worst service I've experienced!

The room was nice and the bed extremely comfortable, Sheraton is known for their comfy beds!

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

I was very disappointed that the pool/hot tub was closed when that really was a big part of why we chose that hotel. We would have to go to the local gym to enjoy the hot tub. Totally lame!

Great location near downtown and close to freeway.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

Clean, modern, spacious, well appointed, good lighting, nice linens, comfortable bed, professional staff, a bit difficult to find but otherwise a good location - absolutely no complaints and we would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Could be more affordable

Free WiFi, a lot of parking, nice view of the marina, coin-op laundry on several floors (didn't use these but potentially handy).

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

The room was very clean, had a comfortable bed and all the amenities. The staff was welcoming and helpful. We were traveling with a young dog and it was nice to be able to stay at such a lovely hotel even though we had our puppy with us. It is very well located, convenient to the Marin and Sonoma coast, San Francisco and the wine country.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Club King Room

Breakfast and business lounge were very busy and of low quality. We were promised room with view but instead of getting lake view we got parking view.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Too expensive, room noisy and located next to elevator shaft!! Waited for over 5 minutes to be acknowledged as I waited for breakfast..ignored. The only choice in town for lovely location, food services onsite, clean but prices inflated as they know they will get it.

Clean Helpful and friendly staff Great location

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

No complaints.

Location easy to get to. Excellent food via room service and Starbucks located there in the lobby. Super pet friendly and great location to walk around.

• Club King Room

Rooms were dark and poorly lighted. Had only small window. Hot tub was cold

Staff and location

The check in was 1.5hr late. We didn’t get our room until 4.30PM.m

The beding is comfy but A/C is too old and noisy.

😃 not a thing.

Every thing was great. Would return, when ever in this area.

• King Room - Disability Access

great breakfast menu, courteous friendly staff

not warm. extra fare for parking

large and comfortable room. quite room. gym.

Rooms are large comfortable and clean

• King Room - Disability Access

Loved the staff and the dog walking area. Will be back!!!

not a thing

Clean and very comfy bed and bedding!

The marina view was a pond, & highway. not worth the extra money

• Club Double Room

One of the front desk guys wasn’t very helpful.

The bed was very comfortable!

• King Room - Disability Access

Very clean and roomy - nice breakfast

Check in time was 3. Our room wasn’t ready until 415

Excellent food Friendly staff Very clean

n/a

dinner was excellent

Loud people at the pool

Clean convenient for our trip.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Did NOT appreciate having to pay $10 for parking.

Room lighting was very ooor

Limited menu for dinner. Staff was new but ok.

Nice bed and linens. Lots of towels. Front desk upgraded us to view of marina

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff very helpful and friendly. Beautiful property at the marina.

food

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I loved the bed. The pillows were so soft. Felt rested in the morning.

Plenty of space, nice view, easy to get to and park. We also had room service dinner, which was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast menu isn't like a hotel menu. Needs to be more flexible for people with food allergies.

Bed comfortable. Staff friendly. Good location.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Club Double Room

Location and staff lacked in hospitality and customer service....

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

The Starbucks, the Gym and the staff!

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

We had a great time

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Friendly staff and comfortable facilities.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

tough question !! pass

Receptionist staff and food in club room simply cool.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

The. Pool wasnt ready but I was told that before I got here. Cant help construction. We understand.

Customer service excellent. Beds peefect!

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• King Room - Disability Access

The cafe was not opened the last 2 days of my stay. I was unable to redeem the $5 vouchers

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Club King Room

Bed comfy and room clean

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• King Room - Disability Access

Very Nice property excellent location and super clean and comfy beds.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

A bit less expensive for the hotel room, but I was splurging on my budget. And, it was worth it !!!

The room, the staff, the restaurant, the pool.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• King Room - Disability Access

nice view of boat harbor