Reviews of Sheraton Suites Chicago O'Hare 4 stars

#15 of 23 hotels in Rosemont

5.5

5.5

• Traditional Double Room

Feels somewhat outdated and old. But then again, most hotels in this area probably do! And there is nothing going on outside, no shops, restaurants or other stuff for a traveller just staying from the evening until the morning, waiting for the flight.

Close to the airport, friendly staff, and great breakfast (even if it is expensive). Easy access to airport by (free) shuttle every 20 minutes.

• Traditional Double Room

$20 for parking? What a scam. Never staying at this hotel again. You're absolutely ridiculous for all the money grabs you attempt in this so-called hotel.

• Traditional King Suite

Mattress sheet had quarter size blood stain on side closest to window, for nail on floor same side, coffee creamers expired and not usable.

Large 2 rooms, separate bedroom for king bed. Separate living room with bar, tv.

• Traditional Double Room

There was some type of fighting or shooting on another floor I felt very unsafe. Wasn’t offered an apology or discount nothing for that incident, We got sent to an out of order room had to go back down to lobby to fix it

very nice room

• Traditional King Suite

We were given a room when we checked in at 11.30 pm only to find that there were already people asleep in the room. We went to concierge who gave us another room. We found pills on the floor and hair in the bathroom

• Traditional Double Room

Paying for parking is ridiculous. No access to a microwave in room, makes me not want to stay again. Especially with kids. A few other hiccups during checkin process.

Location. Friendly staff

• Traditional Double Room

A bit obsolete looking hotel, and the shuttle commute to the airport terminals. The shuttle bus runs regularly though, and the drive is not that long, but I personally would prefer to stay closer next time.

Rooms are clean, and the bed is very comfortable, staff is very helpful and friendly.

• Traditional Double Room

The parking lot fee of $20.00. There needs to be a light at the parking gate so you can see where to put the ticket when it is dark.

Shower pressure. Bar food and drinks were really satisfying.

• Traditional King Suite

Horrific experience with their shuttle. Waited 1.5 hours in a cold, rainy windstorm while shuttles from other hotels came 2 or more times. Finally arrived full. Hotel food sucked.

• Traditional Double Room

Paths to parking lot weren't cleared and snow was plowed to the back of my car making it difficult to load luggage.

Convenience. Most friendly and helpful staff I've experienced this trip.

• Traditional Double Room

WiFi was terrible, bed too soft, lots of noise from other rooms and plumbing made it very hard to sleep.

Restaurant food was excellent and service was quick.

• Traditional King Suite

Room was quite old, with dark lights. The wall of bathroom should be maintained. Even it says airport hotel, but airport shuttle is served every 20 mins. In the early morning, it becomes every half an hour. I should stay at Hilton airport so that I could save taxi cost.

Large hallway, spacious room

I liked everything.

I loved my suite. I enjoyed my view. And most of all the front desk was excellent. The staff at the bar was fantastic. The maids was fabulous. I'm going to stay there everytime I come to town.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Traditional King Suite

I was feeling really cold and unwell and only thin I would have loved would have been a bath robe for after the bath. Also, you have to pay for wifi which is pretty poor considering price of rooms. And he wifi is not great. Keeps dropping and very slow.

Staff are lovely. Check in was so pleasant and the man was so welcoming.

• Club King Suite

Far from my convention centre Needed to take the train for like 1hour.

Good environment nice location Breakfast was a also great Room layout was beautiful

• Traditional Double Room

The beds was not good for two people to share, small and you feld when the other person moved. We had a family room for 5 adults and not chair in the living room for everyone.

The dinner was great, large room

• Traditional Double Room

Our room on the 6th floor was very dated and sparsely furnished, and the carpet had multiple large stains. Breakfast was supposed to be included in our room rate and nothing was mentioned about it at check in. When I called the desk later that evening, the woman I spoke to said she would have the manager contact us shortly, but no one ever called us back.

• Traditional King Suite

Seemed empty and no restaurant or coffee shop. Eating dinner in the lobby was weird.

View of airport and area. Quiet room even though it was at airport.

• Traditional King Suite

My hotel room bathroom bathtub would back up with sewer water and black sud. It kept coming up and draining and we could not use the shower. We left the hotel without taking baths and because it was booked on line the hotel could not refund our money.

Food was good.

• Traditional King Suite

Nice architecture & large clean room. Free pick-up from the airport. Willing staff. When the hotel at the Chicago airport then I recommend the Sheraton.@

• Traditional King Suite

Handicap rooms far from elevator. The first room we were given smelled of urine. The second room had a broken desk chair - injury liability. We were locked out of our room the morning we checked out. Neither of our key cards would work when we returned from breakfast.

Staff Bed very comfortable.

• Traditional King Suite

Seem to be a leak of some sort in the bathroom. Couldn't tell where the water was coming from.

All staff was friendly and helpful. Room was huge and clean. The Blackberry Cobbler was amazing. Appreciated the opportunity for free parking.

• Club King Suite

Called front desk to ask about included wifi, was told just login and it would be removed from the bill... at check out time, desk personnel, said nope, only included for SPG members... disappointed i was charged for something i was told was included....

• Traditional Double Room

It was hard to find the bus shuttle center at the airport, where you catch the hotel shuttle. There are signs at baggage claim but it's not entirely clear how to get to the place where the shuttle buses stop, which is outside and across the street from the airport. You should call the hotel for specific directions. The WiFi in the room was spotty and kept kicking me offline.

The staff provided me with a metal crib and mattress for my 1-yr-old (not a travel crib) so I appreciated that. Also the room was huge with the beds in a room separated from the living space by a door. The TV had great channels including Disney and Nickelodeon for the kids. Also nice that there was a coffeemaker in the room. And the windows opened in the room! The shuttle drivers were very friendly and helpful with all my bags and kids' gear. As a starwood member I was able to get free WiFi in the room and free late check-out. Breakfast was lovely with plenty of options.

• Traditional King Suite

Rooms were very dark with amber lighting and dark wall paper. Outlets in bathroom didn't work and wallpaper pealing. Handle for the shower wasn't screwed in.

• Traditional King Suite

This time we got stuck with a corner room. It's actually alot smaller than the other single room with a pullout sofa. It's not a big deal and I assumed since we had a puppy we were going to get the crappy room. My issue was that when we got there the room was hot and muggy so we turned the a/v all the way down. A fee hours went by and it was still hot. So we went shopping came back and was still the same. I asked to get some one to look at it and when they went up there all he said was "that's as far as title goes down." which solved nothing. So I went and had to complain about it. The staff was friendly, however the girl that originally set up the room gave me attitude. In the end I got a new room. The only olor her thing I don't really like is how expensive and how difficult it is to pay for the parking. Never had issues with this place til this time.

The location is super far from downtown but we like it since there is no traffic and they have a shuttle service to the airport where you can go down to the blue line if the Metra. We have stayed several times there because of that service and this time around because it was pet friendly.

• Traditional Double Room

When we arrived to the room the front desk receptionist gave us the wrong key. At night time security came knocking on our door and entering without permission saying we didn't suppose to be in that room, which was a misunderstanding on their end.

The bed was very comfortable

If didn't have a pool.

The staff made the stay even more enjoyable because they not only felt like extended family but were informative on cultural events with such loving authority that we are returning in December for a concert!!

• Traditional Double Room

Unfortunately, our neighbors' amorous behavior woke everyone up in the middle of the night - and we were traveling with our children. Walls between rooms could definitely use some soundproofing!

The bed was very comfortable which was surprising for a hotel bed. Room was much larger than expected. Property was very conveniently located.

• Traditional King Suite

Noise from the main floor up to the upper levels until 11.00 pm - as we had an early next day flight would have appreciated people being asked to keep the noise down a bit.

Very local to the airport terminal after a cancelled flight and staff extremely helpful. Access to the Club Lounge was nice and helped us to settle in.

• Traditional King Suite

I requested a King bed, the room was a 1 bedroom suite with a king bed. the furnishings were very nice, modern and clean. The bathroom was very clean and nicely remodeled. I really liked the complimentary bathrobe. Because there was a Casino in the courtyard, it was very nice the bedroom was placed in the back of the suite so it was very quiet.

• Traditional Double Room

Costly price for normal breakfast, far from downtown, we booked a traditional room with capacity for 5 people, when we arrived whiteout any mention they gave us a king room which has space for 2 people, after our complaint and talk to their manager they told the room you booked is not available and you signed when you arrived so it’s your problem.(what a pity!) Finally they forced to take us two king rooms with the same price.

It’s old hotel but nicely renovated, quiet place, airport view from room, nice lobby

• Traditional King Suite

They overbooked my king room so they had to put me in a handicapped king size room. There was absolutely nothing was included with the hotel. There was no complimentary breakfast, no free parking, no free wifi. I even tried to heat up my food and they told me all of the microwaves were in use so I couldn't use it.

• Traditional King Suite

The shuttle was not wheelchair accessible. No one told me when I booked an accessible room, even after checking in and asking about the shuttle to the airport. I almost missed my flight and had to pay $300 to park at the airport. Horrible.

The room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Traditional King Suite

In inclement weather this property is almost inaccessible. Try not to order food after 11pm. Let's not discuss the $18 for "Continental Breakfast " that's free at most other hotels. What a hustle.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Traditional Double Room

No help with getting bags (7) to the room ( I didn't ask) wifi cost $10 and min option was 2 days..

Room was a suite. Good with kids who had jet lag! Food was very good.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• Club King Suite

dirty room, burning smell from dust on all lamp bulbs, but worst is breakfast. When we checked in no one explained we had to eat only in Club room, and we had breakfast once in the lobby, which was Exactly the same (nothing more), but as it turns out they charged us for that! Although our room was breakfast included.

Location, convenient for visiting convention center

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Traditional Double Room

1. NO free WIFI in the room. 2. NO Air/Heat conditioner in the room. 3. Parking Charge I cannot understand, staff said my reservation was not paid by credit card that I alredy used for other hotels. I should use another card to check in.

large space in the room

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Traditional King Suite

Staff gave me the wrong room !! After that my key wouldn't work my room was in the 4th floor so I had to come back down like 3 times for a key because they kept giving me wrong keys. Really not a great experience after being my first time staying there it will probably be the last

The room and the place was very clean

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Traditional King Suite

Even I presented my diplomatic card for tax exemption issued by the Department of State They just answered that only if I stay 30 days They will exempt my taxes 😳 Who stays for 30 days at the airport hotel!

The convinience of location

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Traditional Double Room

The rooms smelled stale and musty like cigarettes or mildrew..the toilets sit too low to the ground.I was told I could be moved to a different room, however the couple accompanying me were on a different floor and their room smelled the same.The furniture in the room was very dusty and bothersome to my allergies.

The bed and pillows were very soft and comfortable.

• Traditional King Suite

You should know ahead of time parking is NOT included and it will cost you $20 to park on their lot. There is a free parking garage nearby but it is not close and not helpful for late night arrival or early morning departures

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Traditional King Suite

One of the staff members was very rude when we had questions about why our card was charged when we were specifically told that it would not be charged. When we checked in we made sure to ask whether our card would be charged because we planned to pay cash. We were told that our card was only put on hold for policy purposes and once we checked out we could choose the form of payment for the room. She was not willing to help us at all and had a poor attitude.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Traditional Double Room

Maintenance of hotel was below standards: stains on carpet, smoke/co2 detector hanging from ceiling, apparently the room was never inspected

Hotel appeared new.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Traditional King Suite

The back of the toilet and the shower floor could have been wiped down. It wasn't excessive dirtiness just small dirt stains. Also room service should be more clear on their prices far as their is a delivering fee, tax and tip added to the book price when you can pick it up yourself and save $6. Also at check in they told us we only needed the debit card for holding purposes and that we could pay cash when we left all we had to do was call someone from the front desk up to check the room to make sure it was alright, once it was time to checkout and we asked for a room inspection, we were told that we didn't note we were paying cash and the room was already prepaid for before we checked in.

Overall everything was nice, the beds were extremely comfortable, the room is big and very spacious for the price as well as I love the living room and bedroom seperation. I just love the layout and everything about this hotel.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

• Traditional Double Room

$17 a day for parking at a hotel that's $120 a night and up is kind of ridiculous. Had a smell of wet carpet in my room, ( luckily it wasn't the part we slept in, and parking was comped because of it so I'm good! ) Also shocked that a 4* hotel didn't have a pool.

Bed was comfortable, location from where I was going to each day was great (4 miles). Staff was nice and respectful.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Traditional Double Room

The beds were super soft as well as the towels. The location was good and their staff are very welcoming and helpful. Overall great experience. You need to pay for the wifi, however, they had to told me if I just signed up as a member it would be free.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Traditional Double Room

The food was too expensive. A very simple continental breakfast buffet for nearly $20, was too high. Also, the room service prices were ridiculous. Again, given your clientele, which were more moderate income, there should have been reasonable options for enjoying food in your room. Also, paying for parking was a bit over the top, given how far we were from everything. And when I tried to park in the free lot a block away, there was no way to get in it, no attendant, and no instructions. All very unclear and a hassle.

The bed was very nice, and the center restaurant/lounge was great for getting a drink, and some work done using the free wifi, which connected well. I really liked the work stations where you could plug in. I recall a very beautiful front desk assistant called Ester, from Ghana, that was particularly nice to us. She helped us arrange for a larger room, and checked in on us more than once to make sure we were taken care of. She was amazing. Thanks again for the great stay and service!

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Traditional King Suite

Needed room for only 1 night due to early flight out of Chicago. Chose the Sheraton for reputation, for proximity to O'Hare airport & the free shuttle. Got a fabulous rate for the room.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Traditional King Suite

I was told there is shuttle to airport every 20 minutes. It's turn out that the driver was off on that shift , I had to wait for 40 minutes.

The room is big. Near by airport. Staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Traditional King Suite

At the time of booking, breakfast and room wifi was offered free but after check in hotel refused to provide it free!

Regular Air port shuttle , business Center

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Traditional Double Room

Wait time too long at the front desk. More help at the front desk will be greatly appreciated.

Overall great stay! Every one at the front desk was very friendly and informative.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• Traditional Double Room

The service was exceptionally poor. I booked the reservation and paid for it online, which was already suppose to include free wifi. I was told when I checked that the wifi was not included, but that if I signed up for the SPG membership that it would be free (deducted from my bill as I would have to accept the charges when I logged in.) I was unable to confirm this when I checked out at 5:15am, because the front desk staff (2 people, and the only 2) were both dealing with a single customer. When I finally was able to talk with them, the computer system was taking forever to get my record, and I needed to catch the airport shuttle so I asked that my bill be emailed. IT was and still includes the internet charges. TO make things worse, my credit card has also been overcharged, so not only will I have to waste my time to deal with fixing the bill, but also fixing that as well. The airport shuttle service was even worse. The vehicle was overloaded beyond capacity, and the wheels/tires were scrapping in the wheel-wells for the weight. The 2.5 mile or so journey (on a freeway for much of it) was exceedingly slow (and probably illegal) and definitely dangerous. When we did get to the airport, I had to wait for the entire thing to be unpacked to get my luggage, and was needlessly delayed which put me at risk for making my flight. Not only will I not ever consider staying at that or any other SPG property again, I would never recommend staying at one, and I will go out of my way to post on the booking sites, and Trip Advisor just how completely ridiculous and atrocious the service is at this hotel. Yes this is being copied to several rating sites. For the price I paid/and overpaid, and was overcharged, I can't image how you managed to get a 4+ rating. I had a better experience at a quality inn in Paduchah the night before and a fraction of the cost and they were only 2 stars.

The room was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Traditional King Suite

I AM ok to stay at Sheraton, Just one minor issue when I came back on 30 June, the toilet is not clean , a lot of heavy dust on the top that I have to clean before use. Rgds

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

• Traditional King Suite

Room was clean, spacious. But the bath towels had visible dirt and makeup on them hanging up. Disgusting. I found Dirt on one side of one of the pillow cases. The safe didn't work, maintenance was called, and he had a master code to open it. He couldn't fix it. Complimentary Starbucks in the room, but housekeeping didn't replace with fresh pods, and lobby comped coffee was taken up at 10:00am.

Dining area spaceous, casual elegance. Breakfast bugfet advertised with room, once I paid online, stated EXCLUDED buffet. Disappointing.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Traditional Double Room

Receptionist was unhelpful. Though I had a confirmed booking through booking.com, it did not show up on the Sheraton system. The last lady at the reception just would not help.they wanted me to sort all the issues with booking.com. I hv to spend money to make international calls to sort this. When I asked if I can make a local usa cal -she said that they were not allowed to. I will not go back.

• Traditional King Suite

Loved the decor, room size, and cleanliness

Staff

Not clean

• Traditional King Suite

The location. Too far from the city and everything else!

It was a nice sized room. Breakfast was good.

na

it's all good

• Traditional King Suite

No free internet or breakfast

Great bed

customer service

the bed

Everything was great

Everything was great

• Club King Suite

Front desk staff could of been friendlier and bartenders need to be alittle more friendly also

The huge rooms and the club sheraton

• Traditional King Suite

Shuttle service to and from airport was great

• Traditional King Suite

Everything was fantastic! Upgraded to the club level room totally worth it. Great service, great rooms, great gym. Will definitely return!

• Traditional King Suite

We only got to stay one night!

The staff was very nice, the restaurant was excellent, and the bed was awesome!

The staff was very rude

It’s a nice hotel

• Traditional King Suite

The club room didnt have much

The size of the room was great for the price

• Traditional King Suite

Phenomenal room. More correctly, it was like a suite.

• Traditional Double Room

Had a delay in flight due to weather. It was very nice to have a price reduction

Pricey

The room was amazing, as was the service.

• Traditional King Suite

All usually included services are extra cost - breakfast, wifi, parking...

Nice and spacious rooms. Nice restaurant.

• Club King Suite

The Internet did not allow to do Internet based calls.

• Traditional Double Room

o'hare's super inconvenient shuttle bus setup