Reviews of Sheraton Suites Columbus 4 stars

201 Hutchinson Avenue, Worthington, OH 43235, USA

#5 of 14 hotels in Worthington

Relaxing Mini Vacation
    • Traditional King Suite

The atmosphere of this hotel was very inviting. All Staff were friendly and went out of their way to help if I needed anything. Will definitely be staying here again.

The Bartender was very good his service was impeccable and...
    • Traditional King Suite

There was too many mix ups with Booking.com this caused errors at the front desk and the Sheraton could not change my reservation. In turn I had to make numerous calls to the staff at Booking.com until I could finally speak to an agent who could rectify the problem.

The Bartender was very good his service was impeccable and he went the extra mile to build customer repore with us while we were in Columbus.

Location was close enough to everything we needed.
    • Traditional King Suite

Pool area very slippery. Water did not drain well. Room was small compared to picture.

Location was close enough to everything we needed. Pool was open late enough to get in a swim.

Will not be returning
    • Traditional King Suite

Room/suite was very small, and furniture was damaged and shabby. Took 2 hours and 2 calls to front desk to get extra toilet paper brought to room. Thin walls; could easily hear room next door.

I've stayed at nicer, cleaner, friendlier hotels for the same $. Won't be back!!
    • Traditional King Suite

Not a very welcoming greeting from front desk at check in....rather unprofessional. She offered NO information. Most hotels I've stayed in tell you a lot at check in (for example...what floor we are staying on, where the pool and fitness center are and their hours, if breakfast is included). When we looked at the key cards we saw we were on the 4th floor. Fine. When we got off the elevator, the floor smelled like someone had just been smoking. The lobby looks ok, but the halls on the floors need serious updating. We walked in our room....MUCH smaller than we expected...pictures online are incredibly deceiving. The floor was dirty, clearly not vacuumed. Some paper and trash under the bed. The tub could have been cleaned. Mirror on closer doors needed cleaned. The back of the hotel room door looked as if something had been spilled down it and not wiped up. The coffee table was broken with a jagged piece of wood hanging off of it. The showerhead did not work great. When I turned the shower on, more water continued to run out of the faucet than came from the actual shower head. And worse...the tub didn't drain quickly...so there was standing water in the tub during my shower. The sink drained even slower...gross. Definitely was hesitant to sleep in the room but we had already prepaid online so we reluctantly stayed. The floor not being vacuumed was just unacceptable in my opinion. It was obvious this hotel puts forth very little effort to receive good ratings/repeat guests. Also, breakfast was not included...I can live with that, BUT...for the money, this hotel was definitely not worth the money!

towels/bedding clean and comfy

• Club King Suite

The location of the bar was too close to the front door

Staff fed us late both nights. The chicken wings were amazing and I enjoyed the egg rolls and the street tacos. The breakfast was great too.

Will go back when in Columbus
    • Traditional King Suite

Breakfast price is a little high per person but received free coupons due to a booking.com mixup.

Nice location. Comfortable room. Breakfast choices were great and very good tasting. Pool and hot tub are a plus.

Great staycation
    • Traditional King Suite

The maid had to redo my room. The bed was not made properly. A pillow case was way to small for a couple pillows and the toilet had not been clean. She was new and it was her first alone. Management made them redo it with her manager to learn the right way and the awesome manger comped my breakfast tip included. This was my husband’s gift to me a stayvacation. I stay home with my zoo (5 dogs) 24/7 and needed a break so he got me a king suite with early checkin and late check out. It’s been a much needed staycation!!

The staff was amazing!!

Normally an excellent stay. Dissapointed this time.
    • Traditional King Suite

Had to ask for soap and towels. Heating vents had rattling noise. Bathroom door squealed each time it was slid open or closed.

Suite style, large room.

Welcoming staff with a comfortable and relaxing atmosphere.
    • Club King Suite

They should have a small dog park for all the puppies! More towels and toiletries should be made available. There should be more hot food available for breakfast; eggs, bacon, and potatoes were nice but sausage, biscuits and gravy, etc. Would be awesome!

Comfortable bed. Spacious room. Enjoyed room service and hot breakfast. Lounge was nice and complimentary beverages were available. Pet friendly. Overall very nice staff. Loved the pool and jacuzzi!

OKAY
    • Club King Suite

The pillows are very fluffy but they suck to sleep w. They doors to rooms are very heavy, my room was either ice cold or HOT

They had Soy Milk!!! I was so happy because that’s what my son drinks

All in all good stay ..was there for OSU football game COTA right around the corner for Express.
    • Traditional King Suite

The breakfast buffet sucked period..for $14 dollars per person... it was nothing better than a continental breakfast you get for FREE anywhere else.

The sectioned room with 2 tvs ...parking ...location...design of building (quieter than normal heat/ac being no loud outside wall unit ..everything utility centralized to center of building)

Weekend getaway
    • Club King Suite

Really the only "negatives" were that one of the elevators broke down for the majority of the time we were there. Being on the 9th floor made it difficult. We had a club suite but didn't seem to get the benefits of that.

It was a great value, centrally located, convenient...it was the first time we had to travel with our dog, so loved the fact that it was one of the few pet friendly hotels and never would have known!!

Other than the bathroom issue, i rate the hotel experience thumbs up, very good overall!
    • Traditional King Suite

When taking a shower, the water could not drain quicker than the water flow from the shower head.

The bed was the right firmness for sleeping. I appreciated the Starbucks coffe available.

• Club King Suite

We paid extra to stay on the Club level. It was horrible. Nothing was as it was advertised in Booking .com nor in the hotels own literature. The hor's derves were pasta salad, potatoe salad and chips and salsa. No free wine or beer. Breakfast was eggs.

The location was really good and quiet!
    • Traditional King Suite

The blanket on the sofa bed has band aid on it. Very disgusting and makes me wondering what was the last time they check and clean it.

The location was really good and quiet!

I'd stay again but maybe try a room with 2 queen beds
    • Club King Suite

Indoor pool was very small. Room was small (we had a King Suite) Pull out couch once opened was on an angle (head lower than feet)

Location was great for us. We were in town to go to Congress Club room was nice perk

Okay
    • Traditional King Suite

Room smelled damp and like mildew. Furnishings were tired. Coffee pot was too small for packet of coffee left to use. Room was not cleaned one day and damp towels were still left to be cleaned.

club room

The room was terrific, very comfortable.
    • Traditional King Suite

I am a government employee, which means I had a tax exempt form for certain taxes. The hotel would not honor the form since I booked through booking.com. They indicated that booking.com would need to make an adjustment, and I don't know how to make that happen. Are you able to help me with this?

The room was terrific, very comfortable. Bed was extremely comfortable.

Overpriced for the low quality and poor sanitation.
    • Traditional King Suite

Staff could not find reservation (possible new employee?). Due to this, we may or may not be charged TWICE for the room (one card in person, one card over the site for the reservation). Room wasn't clean upon arrival; previous guest may have had a cat in the room? Dander and kibble in and under the furniture with possible bedbugs? (unsure, only found 1). Price did not match size or quality of room (especially since breakfast was not complimentary). Faulty wiring in room, electrical socket almost came out of the wall with no effort.

This hotel is in a MAJOR need of an upgrade.
    • Traditional King Suite

This hotel is in a MAJOR need of an upgrade... it feels like walking into the 1980s - from the decor to the staff. The front desk staff were quite mature and customer service driven - that is where it stops! The bartender - a man - is dressed like he came off the streets - poor service, doesn't acknowledge you upon your first entry; playing on his mobile phone the entire time... Housecleaning - very disappointing; standard things like the bed being made and towels and soaps being replaced is about it. Dirty glasses and empty water and soda bottles were never removed - I even left a nice note one morning to please remove - came back to find a wine glass from the night before was sitting outside my door - where it remained for the final 4 days of my business stay. I rented a business room as I was not able to connect to wireless internet at the client site I was in Westerville/ Columbus to visit. Understand rooms are quite expensive, and was happy to work out a discounted rate because of this. I reserved the room for 4 days. I asked for a coffee and water station to be ready each morning by 8am - total in the group would be between 3-5. EVERY SINGLE MORNING I had to walk to the front desk to ask for the coffee to be delivered and the garbages emptied - the room was never cleaned or maintained. On the final day, the saleswoman (who was quite patient and accommodating) had to run the vacuum - after 8am as we were trying to conduct our business. I'm not sure if they are simply overstaffed or just require an overhaul, but this was one of the most unimpressive hotels I have stayed in in quite some time.

Comfortable, Decent Luxury
    • Traditional King Suite

The rooms were a bit outdated, and when we went to the pool, the hot tub was small and there were a lot of children being loud and running around.

The bed was dreamy and we were happy with the room size! We made great use of the in-room microwave, coffee maker and fridge. The staff was really friendly and made check-in/check-out easy.

Not what I expected from a SHERATON SUITES HOTEL!
    • Traditional King Suite

1 month ago I stayed here with my family. Our room was clean and just had old furniture, couch was ripped on the seam but overall tolerable. My sons room had a very squeaky bed! Now we decided to come back thinking it should be okay if we got a room that was pretty much like before (not like my sons squeaky bed) so we were pretty excited knowing the pool was waiting for us...and excited to try the outdoor pool! Well our room smelled like MILDEW each time the air was running, so disgusting! I couldn't stand it after the first night that we changed rooms and what a job that was, wasn't relaxing to say the least! The room issues outside of the stink had a broken coffee pot, the phone in the living (sitting) area was broke and if that wasn't bad enough the sleeper sofa pillows were old and yellow with spots and of course I had to have those replaced!! O and there was hair on the pillow cases! The bed sheet that would rub against your face was dirty as well as a couple holes. I've decided to bring my own sheets next time if I stay there again (because of the pool :)). We did move back to the first room we had a month ago. They are supposed to renovate the rooms in the fall. I just don't get it why they would keep the old scuffed up nasty looking coffee table, desk and end tables, couldn't they rub them down with "Old English"? Also our curtains the sheers were literally ripped right down from top to bottom, in several places maybe a cat got to them! The pool outside was not so good, it had pine needles and bugs floating and I guess nobody cleans it in between days because it was the same the next day. And one more thing the TV's and cable service are just horrible! Can't wait to they renovate, I will go back for sure then!!

The Indoor pool and jacuzzi are awesome! Very close to the WINKING LIZARD! The staff is pretty friendly.

was happy to get away for our anniversary somewhere close to great restaurants and bars. facility i
    • Traditional King Suite

no one policing the hot tub area. children and I mean YOUNG children in the hot tub no adults. I think there needs to be a LARGE sign that says no children!! Not only for our own relaxation but its not good for their health!!! Also..bed was hard as a rock,toilet leaked all over the floor at the base,who ever caulked the leak..its not working. and the baseboards in the bathroom were filthy.

the location. the outdoor pool

Location was convenient, staff was wonderful, enjoyed free parking. But refurbish the property!
    • Traditional King Suite

Furniture, carpeting in the suite was VERY dated and honestly VERY shabby!! The carpeting in our room was actually threadbare in many places. And its hard to feel comfortable on a sofa with huge stains; chairs with ripped fabric. Sheraton can certainly afford to do a better job!!! Paying $130.00+ per night for this lack of quality is hard to swallow- shame on you Sheraton!!!!!!!!!!

The staff was great! Very friendly and professional. Starbucks Coffee- awesome! Housekeeping did an excellent job with what they have to work with.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

It was a very good place to stay for the money.
    • Traditional King Suite

My daughter is seven and hopped on the bar stool in the bar. The bartender was rude and told her to get down rather abruptly.

I got a suite. It was a good value for the money.

Good value for the money. Don't order room service.
    • Traditional King Suite

The room and property were very nice...just the cleanliness could use some work. Bed skirt on bed was filthy. Crumbs all over the counters by kitchenette. Pool area was very nice but could use a good scrubbing. Lots of people in the pool at night and in the morning there were fake nails and hairballs floating in the pool. Room service came with 2/3 bowls of ice cream completely melted and one fork. They tried to rectify the situation but still was charged for 2 of the ice creams and came back with 3 more forks. Service was very nice but food was terrible.

Room were spacious and a good value for the price. Nice pool area.

The location of the hotel, the cleanliness of the room, and...
    • Traditional King Suite

A free continental breakfast should be included.

The location of the hotel, the cleanliness of the room, and every hotel employee I came in contact with were very friendly and helpful. This was the second time I stayed at this hotel, and will again in the future.

Decent place, need to upgrade their carpet.
    • Club King Suite

Advertised breakfast included was continental and was $7 charge for buffet even though picture shows buffet. Only get coffee during breakfast times, had to leave at 6:30, did not open until 7, could not get any coffee. Carpet was very worn out and stained.

beds and sheets clean and comfortable, pool was nice size, staff friendly and helpful.

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful
    • Traditional King Suite

Our room was not cleaned/refreshed on our 2nd day by the time we got back very late it wasn't worth calling the front desk. I was disappointed as the nightly cost of the room wasn't inexpensive and I expected more from a Sheraton property.

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Mediocre Hotel
    • Traditional King Suite

Drain didn't work in the shower for 2 days. Light was out above the toilet. Hotel could use some updates, considering the price.

Comfortable bed and bedding.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Beautiful Hotel, Great Accomodations!
    • Traditional King Suite

There wasn't really anything that we didn't like.

The room accommodated us perfectly with the separate bedroom/ sitting room. The French doors were a beautiful touch! We loved that you could enter the bathroom from either room too.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Sweet suite; bad food
    • Traditional King Suite

The food offered at the "restaurant" was pretty overpriced and terrible. We were tired after a long drive from Washington DC, it was late, and we needed to feed the family. The farro dish was actually risotto and very bland. The chicken flatbread was inedible. I've never seen strips of chicken deep fried (no breading). The whole meal was expensive and just bad. It really soured us on the experience. Next time, for the money, I'd pay a little more to be at a Drury Inn and enjoy the complementary food.

Loved the setup of the room. The suite meant that the kids could go to bed and we could stay up a bit.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

The bed was like a fluffy cloud!
    • Traditional King Suite

The hot tub was really going at full blst to the point that most of the water was jumping up into our faces and out of the tub. Also, a breakfast should be included in the stay to top off this wonderful visit. --not extra

The bed was like a fluffy cloud! The hot tub was relaxing. The bathroom was clean. The t.v had Disney Channel! It was a great stay.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

The room I was in needs improvements.
    • Traditional King Suite

The room I was in needs improvements. A lot of the furniture was cracked and cheaply repaired. The room smells like a wet dog. The couch has stains all over it. The light fixture in the restroom was falling out. The windows needed washed, badly. It was just a very mediocre stay and fairly disappointed.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Location and price were good.
    • Traditional King Suite

Carpeting throughout needs replaced. Couch in our room was disgusting. We were glad we didn't have to pay for breakfast (see comments below)! Bread wasn't fresh (bagels, pancakes, muffins). Staff was friendly, but not professional looking (wrinkled clothes, etc.). I've actually had better "continental breakfasts" than the breakfast bar they offered. Overall, "attention to detail" was lacking.

Location and price were good. Pike Place coffee & complimentary bottled water in the room!! Nice touch. Pool & hot tub were nice. Bed & pillows comfortable. We misunderstood that a continental breakfast was included with the room (not sure if it was an issue with the Booking.com listing or not). They pleasantly provided us with a complimentary breakfast, but... (see above).

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Great location, great price but....
    • Club King Suite

The carpet is showing its age. We were on the "executive level" floor 9 w included breakfast in the lounge. As I arrived first thing the lady said is " coffee machine is broken and I don't usually work this area so I'm not sure what I need to do....????? Not a good start! Selection was very poor.... we actually opted to find a Krogers and buy breakfast items for the next two mornings. Also every time we have stayed on a weekend unfortunately the hotel is booked to the hilt w lots and lots of children. We realize they must stay someplace when in town for ball games and such but it does ruin a weekend for adults who would like to enjoy the pool and or hot Tub! Maybe there should be a cutoff time for children so those adults can also enjoy the hotel's amenities.

Location is quiet... the bedroom windows open just enough for fresh air!

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Room comfort, friendly staff
    • Club King Suite

* Poor club service. Nice Espresso / Cappuccino Machine provides everything, but no good coffee * Super Noisy Elevator if you on the top floor this unit needs service * Gym - machine broken and didn't get fix during all my stay (7 days)

Room comfort, friendly staff

Find something better
    • Traditional King Suite

the shower didn't drain, the couch had stains on it, the towels were stiff. I've had better experiences at other Sheraton Hotels for less money

Good place
    • Traditional King Suite

More choices for room service, add pizza, grilled cheese, maybe a better steak offering. Food was good, just we are use to a bit more options in room service.

Nice bed, love the room lay out!

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Very comfortable and convienent
    • Club King Suite

The included continental breakfast was okay. They include it in the "clubroom suites" while offering an "upgraded" breakfast for $7 extra. It was by no means a terrible breakfast but was okay.

We stayed In a king suite and it was fantastically comfortably! Very clean and overall a very good hotel. We loved the espresso machine and included Starbucks coffee. Very nice to have decent coffee.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Expected a cleaner room.
    • Traditional King Suite

An extra blanket that was brought to the room was old and dingy looking. The ceiling near the air conditioning/cold air vent was very dirty with black dust or soot. The hot/cold handle for the shower was old looking and dirty.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Not worth the money
    • Club King Suite

Fridge was broken, spoiled our food and staff did nothing to fix it for our whole trip. Phones in room were broken as well. Property approved early check in and when we got there I got into an argument because they said I needed to check in at 4 and not what they said 1 hour ago on the phone. Also was told the hot breakfast was included with our room (that's why I booked the Club suite) but it was not and we had to pay. Hated my stay, I was lied to over and over again.

Beds were nice, rooms spacious.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

It was an ok place to stay, not what I expected of a Sheraton.
    • Traditional King Suite

I didn't like the $40 hidden fee! They hold $40 for any accrued charges on top of the hotel room.

I liked the privacy of the bedroom from the sitting area, the bed was comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Needs cleaned and renovated.
    • Club King Suite

Dirty. Carpet was old and torn. Minifridge didnt work. Towel in bathroom was wet with hair on it from previous guest. Management complained about customers during breakfast in club lounge. Customer called him out on it. Very uncomfortable. Overall just badly in need of cleaning. I didnt want to stay but it was prepayed.

Seperate bedroom from living room was nice.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

We had an enjoyable get away.
    • Traditional King Suite

It was a little to warm in the room where breakfast was served. But breakfast was nice.

The beds are very comfortable and the pool was clean and relaxing. The staff was very friendly and we enjoyed a restaurant that was near the hotel which was very convenient! We had an enjoyable stay!

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

The bed was amazing!
    • Traditional King Suite

I wish the often free complimentary breakfast. For $15 breakfast buffet that is offered is not worth it. It is just okay food. Not a wroth price at all

The bed was amazing!

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Hmmm..not the cleanest
    • Traditional King Suite

Pools were filthy!! There was a stain on the blanket for the fold in couch which was gross seeing that my children had to sleep there! Some of the linen appeared to be "recycled."

Bed and room generally comfortable.

room never made up.
    • Traditional King Suite

room never made up. room need much upkeep to finish. good bed and other ammenities

Wonderful stay.

Wonderful stay. Very clean

When we got there they offered my daughter a toy but didnt have anything for my son. K
    • Traditional King Suite

The lobby smelt like vomit

Nice

The layout of the room
    • Traditional King Suite

Front desk clerk was rude and did not provide proper information

The layout of the room

Will stay again

Very nice

Bogus
    • Club King Suite

Filthy all over the halls and the room. The club floor breakfast wasn’t served on time and was full of food on the floor and dirty dishes.

Very satisfied
    • Traditional King Suite

Not having a free breakfast

The workers are excellent

hallways could use and upgrade very dark and uninviting rooms are okay

Vehicle got broken into and you have ZEROO CAMERAS

Got robbed so nothing

It was excellent.
    • Traditional Two Double Bed Suite

We were really impressed with the room. Having the extra sitting room was really nice.

We had a great stay! We will definitely stay here again.
    • Traditional King Suite

Why no continental breakfast?

I really liked how the hot tub is set up.

Poor customer services

Overall poor customer service/hospitality

Sheraton review.
    • Traditional King Suite

I would have liked complementary coffee in the lobby.

The room was laid out very well.

Pet friendly and spacious
    • Traditional King Suite

Convenient location clean spacious rooms. A great place to take your 4 legged family members.

We love this hotel. We stay here every time we come to Columbus.
    • Traditional King Suite

The Jacuzzi is really rough splashed in your face constantly. Maintenance guy was a jerk.

The beds are amazing, slept so well.

simply prefect
    • Traditional King Suite

Great room, excellent service, very good rate!

Very nice place

No free breakfast

Beds very very comfortable

great stay in great location across from movie theather

bedroom seperate from living

New coffee machine

The coffee machine

New coffee machine

It was comfortable and relaxing.
    • Traditional King Suite

We found signs of bed bugs and it took a few to figure out the lights.

The room was very spacious and plenty of pillows and blankets.

Sucks

Customer service and cleanliness

Smelly and dirty

The rooms need major updating.
    • Traditional King Suite

The rooms need major updating. Also this hotel allows pets and believe me, they need to shampoo the carpets badly.

Great Pet Friendly
    • Traditional King Suite

Very nice for a pet friendly property-staff was very nice

Layout of room was well executed

Layout of room was well executed

Old and outdated property.
    • Traditional King Suite

Old and outdated property. Bar is extremely understaffed with poor customer service.

Everything was excellent

Everything was excellent

Relaxing
    • Traditional King Suite

No free breakfast for the price we paid

Relaxing