Reviews of Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza 4 stars

770 West 47th Street, Kansas City, MO 64112, USA

#35 of 86 hotels in Kansas City

• Traditional Double Room

Sink did not drain; toilet would hang up and not flush properly. Bathroom a little dingy. One of the TVs did not work at all — would not turn on. For this kind of price, none of those things should happen. Also, we lost power while there — so had to spend first morning trying to get ready in the dark, with the room getting more and more stuffy and humid. We were offered no compensation for this inconvenience.

Location right by Plaza and Westport is excellent.

• Traditional Double Room

The room was well-used, and didn't look kept up. Still dirty from some previous party. The beds weren't completely made when we got there, and made me question other cleanliness. Parking was expensive. The elevators didn't always work.

I liked that the rooms were suites, with a couple TV's, the AC worked well in crazy hot weather, and the hotel was in a great location with easy access parking.

• King Suite

I have stayed here several times in the past. I make reservations each time so checking in is easy. The Guest Service Specialist was friendly and informative about all the aminities they have to offer here. There is a Restaurant/Bar inside the hotel. The food is delicious and the service is exceptional. They have a fitness center available for all registered guest with all working equipment. There is an indoor/outdoor pool area with plenty of seating and during the summer they have a small bar set up by the pool with snacks and drinks available for purchase. They provide a laundry center for the guest aswell it’s located on the 2 nd floor. Inside the lobby they also have a cupboard just Incase you need to purchase anything from there. I recommend this location to anyone in town for business.

• Traditional Double Room

Pool area needed to be cleaned and picked up. Dirty floors, people left trash, food, and towels everywhere, looked like no one had serviced it all day.

Location, room was very nice, staff was nice, room service was very good food!

• King Suite

They don’t use fitted sheets on the beds only flat sheets. However they kept coming off which was frustrating. And the toilet had a lil plumbing problem.

The bed was comfortable. The room was clean.

• Traditional Double Room

The customer service was horrible my room was ridiculous and I still haven't heard back from any member of management I reached out to the hotel general manager to booking.com and to Starwood Properties the owner of those out and haven't heard a word from anybody

• Traditional Double Room

I have stayed here several times in the past. I made reservations prior to my visit. This hotel is very clean and cozy. The guest service specialist was friendly and informative about all the aminities they have to offer at this location.There is a Restaurant/bar that has delicious food, refreshing drinks, and great service. There is a indoor/outdoor pool area. A laundry service center available for all registered guest on site. Aswell as a wonderful fitness center with all working equipment on the 2nd floor. This is a great place to stay it’s a home away from home. I recommend this location to anyone in town for business.

• Executive King Suite

When i tried to make check-out early in the morning there were no responsible personal. The only boy was there were not able to do something and i was about to miss my flight. Other than the other personal were so kind.

The hotel is close to everywhere. The location was perfect.

• Traditional Double Room

The hotel was cold. Our kids wanted winter coats on eating breakfast downstairs. The pool was an indoor/outdoor pool and the pool room was not heated. I was cold in there fully dressed. The hot tub water was almost brown. No one came to service our room the whole first day. They did come the second day but didn’t replace coffee/water cups or shampoo/conditioner. We were disappointed with this hotel and will not be back next time we are in KC.

• King Suite

The spa was broken when we got there. And it looked like someone had a problem in there. It was working by the time we left. We've stayed at other SPG properties during cold months and they do a better job of heating the pool. The kids love the pool and it is hard to enjoy it with them when you are shivering.

The location of this property is our main reason for selecting it. It is conveniently located next to Country Club Plaza and near all the places we like to visit. Since it is family time, it keeps us close to downtown and near a movie theatre. We have stayed here previously and enjoyed it. The staff is amazing at this place. Very helpful and accommodating.

• Traditional Double Room

I have stayed here several times in the past and each time I stay it gets better and better. I make reservations each time I visit, so checking in is not a problem. The guest service specialist was friendly and informative about all of the aminities they offer at this location. There is a fitness center with all working equipment on site for all registered guest. They also have a indoor/outdoor pool along with a hot tub. There is a bar/ restaurant in the hotel that has amazing food and beverages. All of the staff members at this location truly value their job , each person you encounter goes above and beyond to make sure your stay is comfortable. I would recommend this location to anyone in town for business.

• Traditional Double Room

Double room was small but very clean and good amenities (e.g., coffee maker).

Nice facility. Friendly and helpful staff. Great location near shops and restaurant. Valet parking.

• King Suite

The room was much smaller than it appears in the pictures.

The location was great, the close proximity to Country Club Plaza made it easy to walk around and shop. Close to the Art Museum, and other attractions.

• Traditional Double Room

I have stayed here several times in the past. I made reservations prior to my visit so checking in was easy. The Guest Service Specialist was friendly and informative about all the aminities they offered at this location. There is a Restaurant/Bar inside with great food, tasteful drinks and awesome service. There is a breakfast buffet each morning stocked with several items available for all registered guest, laundry center is located on the 2nd floor along side of the indoor/outdoor pool, and hot tube aswell. The fitness center is located on the 2nd floor aswell with all working equipment. I would recommend this location to anyone in town for buisness.

Parking Charge

They charge for literally everything. There is not that many perks at all. I feel that regular parking should be free of charge. Its plenty of other hotels that do not charge for parking. And if you want a good breakfast, you will have to pay.

• Executive King Suite

Bed was very uncomfortable. We booked for 3 but the pullout bed had no sheets so they didn’t anticipate our needs. Desk staff knew nothing about local events- and I mean nothing.

• King Suite

We paid a total of $478 to stay one night. The base price was $399. Taxes and parking were the rest of the charge. We’ve never paid that much for a room. We are senior citizens and wanted a nice night at the Country Club Plaza to shop, have dinner and see the Christmas lights, so we dug deep and decided to splurge. We had a king suite. The bedroom was nice but VERY small. The bathtub had rust around the faucet area and the toilet lid was loose. The stool was so close to the wall on one side and the tub on the other side, you could barely use the facility!! Also, very little counter space by the sink. Needless to say, I won’t be staying at any Sheratons in the future. This room should be priced at $89 tops. In fact I’ve stayed in nicer motels for $89.

Bed was fine

• Traditional Double Room

Room service prompt and courteous food hot Drinks at bar perfect Checking in was a breeze Checking out even easier Valet service above and beyond I left my phone in the car they brought it to me promptly

• Traditional Double Room

After checking in...we went to our room and went into the restroom and there was feces in the toilet. Told the staff and they did not make any kind of adjustments with our situation. Valet parking was poor because the guy took our keys and left them setting on the valet cabinet and left the area. Someone could have walked right in and taken the keys and stole my car. For 241 dollars I spent for one night, it could have been a better experience.

It was a good location

• Traditional Double Room

I was charged on my prepaid card for the hotel n my card was only to hold the room. My boyfriends card was also charged and you guys havent gave us our money back we were double charged!!!!!

• King Suite

I have stayed at this resort several times in the past. I had reservations so checking in was no problem. I called in advance to let them know my landing time the Guest Service Representative assured my that my room was waiting. Upon arrival S I get out of the car the driver ate my luggage out at the entrance of establishment Mrs. Patricia says glad to have you back and says here let me help you , grabbing my second bag and rolls it in right behind me all the way to the front counter where she checks me into my beautiful king suite. The room was clean and cozy. The breakfast buffer the next morning once again beautifully arranged with an assortment of foods, and fresh fruit. They also have a fitness center, laundry service aswell as a indoor /outdoor swimming pool. I recommend this resort to all travelers.

• King Suite

Expense of parking...also the amount which was quoted was $15 a day but I was charged $16. The TV in the bedroom didn't work.

I was only there for a few hours because I had surgery at a nearby hospital . the bed was comfortable.

• King Suite

Nothing really comes to mind. Have stayed at several hotels in K.C. the past two months and this hotel was by far the best.

We loved the room and also the bar. The location was excellent. We look forward to staying there again this fall.

• King Suite

Bath tub could've been much nicer, very small and seemed dingy, I wouldn't have taken a bath in it. Didn't realize SELF PARK is an additional $16 PER DAY and valet is $20. NO breakfast included. The room was nice, but not really worth what we paid for it. I would have chosen a different hotel if I had to do it again. Pool was okay, seemed a little old and out dated. Lots of children jumping around in the pool and hot tub. We also had an issue at check in where they couldn't find our booking. The manager finally just gave up and asked me to forward her my booking confirmation email and said she would deal with it later so that we could get into our room after about 15 minutes of searching for it. Overall, I think the place could use a face lift and some improvements.

Beds were super comfortable and location was amazing, lots of stuff within walking distance and being right on the plaza was awesome! Room was nice and roomy except for the air conditioner making an obnoxious sound when it shut off. Fitness center was nice. We forgot to bring a wine opener and they brought us one free of charge which was nice.

• King Suite

I have stayed here several times in the past. Every time I stay here the hotel staff is friendly and accommodating to my every need. I had made reservations prior to my visit so checking in was no problem. Patricia already had everything ready when I arrived. She greeted me welcoming me back and after signing the non smoking and pet policy away to my room I went. Once in my room I noticed it was clean, cozy, and stocked with extra towels which I always appreciate. The next morning I went down for breakfast to find a perfectly arranged buffet with any thing a person could want for breakfast. They also have a great fitness center with all working equipment and weight sets. They have a huge pool indoor and, outdoor there's a small mini bar outside by the pool that's open from like 5:30 - 7 pm with a person serving drinks, snacks, alcohol beverages and ice cream upon purchase. I was on a business trip so I didn't partake in the mini bar but, it's available to all registered guest. It's also located right in the plaza area around designer shops, beauty spas, tranquility shops aswell as great restaurants, fine dinning.

• Traditional Double Room

We did not receive any new towels or room straightening while we were there. There needs to be a place to hang wet swimsuits - a retractable line in the bathtub would be great. If you have a car-top carrier (which we did) it might be tricky to park in the garage.

The location was really good - walking distance to the shopping district and good restaurants. The room was very comfortable - comfy beds and plenty of room to move around, even with the sofa bed pulled out and set up. The inside/outside pool was nice - especially if you wanted to be able to sit out and enjoy the sun!

• Traditional Double Room

Unfortunately this great hotel is located into an area that does not help. Staff is really kind and willing to help I rate the staff 5 stars.... however room was dirty. (Shower, carpet and couch). Location does not help for a comfortable stay. I had to wake up multiple times during the night times to check my belongings on the vehicle due to parking being so segregated from the hotel and dark. Parking was dirty and looks like a terror movie has been filmed there! Above that u have to pay for a parking that the hotel don't clean neither takes responsibility if your vehicle is stolen etc.

Staff is great!

• Traditional Double Room

Missed having the Disney channel for the kids to watch

My kids loved the towels were soft and the pool was nice to be able to swim inside or outside. The room was nice having the doors to separate and 2 TVs.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Traditional Double Room

We asked to split the hotel bill which was no problem. However, the desk clerk charged one of us the full amount for the stay and the other was charged an even higher amount which we figured was someone else's bill. It was fixed after a few calls and days, but it tarnished what was otherwise a great experience.

The location was great. We were in town for the Rock the Parkway half marathon. It was nice to have a short walk to reach restaurants and bars the night before and after.

• Traditional Double Room

We had the breakfast buffet and no one greeted us to seat us or tell us about the buffet (or the price!). The eggs were cold and the price of the buffet was not worth it.

The staff was super friendly and helpful at check in. The room was clean and better than what we expected. And the bed was so comfy!!

• King Suite

Paying extra for parking on hotel lot was a disappointment. Paying that price for a room should include my parking on same property. Also there were no towels in the room. We went to front desk to get and we're told they would send some right up. 45 minutes later we were still waiting and it was check out time so we were unable to shower. Otherwise, it was a lovely room and great location.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Traditional Double Room

Lots of slamming g doors and pounding that woke us. Also a very unpleasant guy at the bar. Other employees were troubled too and said he was a new supervisor

Pillows and bed were great!

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Traditional Double Room

I called downstairs for a blanket 3x and they never delivered one. A few stains on the carpet.

Roooms were large and has a sleeper sofa. Coffee in the room. Also had a refrigerator for your left overs. Great location. Newly remodeled.

• Traditional Double Room

The prices were high The rooms were not cleaned- vacuumed etc. we had to call for more plastic cups-really? Should have been glass ones!

The inside/ outside pool was nice

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Executive King Suite

While the rooms have been somewhat renovated, they are small in every way especially the bedroom and bath. The bath tubs are old and frankly the room could be cleaner. The club lounge is very small and when the hotel is booked it is quite crowded. The pool was fine but not enough towels.

The best two aspects about the Sheraton are the staff and the location. The staff has excellent customer service in every way. Love the location. Close to restaurants and everything around country club plaza.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Traditional Double Room

We had no soap or shampoo, and after two calls to the front desk and a two - hour wait, we finally got them. The sink and tub would both back up with water very quickly.

We liked the suite layout and the pool.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Executive King Suite

The tub was dirty and the paint was chipping. Valet kept losing my keys which was frustrating. The room was very small to be a executive king suite. And i dont think it was worth $406 i was charged. Also the staff argued with the supervisor in front of me about having to do their job made me feel uncomfortable

I liked the bed it was very comfortable. I got some good sleep

• Traditional Double Room

First, it took 30 minutes to get checked in. I stood in line for about half of that, and the other half was them telling us "we don't have any clean rooms for you," (to check in after 5PM!!!). Parking cost $16 to self-park, and that was per car, so total ended up costing an arm and a leg for the multiple travelers in my party. It would be cheaper for you to just park in the plaza parking garages and walk to the hotel! Or find a hotel a little further away and just drive to the plaza. Save your money, parking is such a waste. Though the rooms were clean and comfortable, they were extremely hot and the thermostat didn't work. We were sweating the entire time and the windows open didn't help much. If you are warm blooded or like a cold bed to jump into, this is not the hotel for you! And because there was an extra room that had the couch, the bedrooms and bathroom were all extremely cramped.

Rooms were very comfortable and the location on the Plaza was great.

• Traditional Double Room

Didn't see any info on free wifi?! Kids and I needed it.! Pool was not real clean and the table area around it didn't get touched over night. Gross! No parking left in garage but... thankfully there was free parking across the street!

Size of room and comfort was perfect for the 4 of us. Loved the workout room!

• Traditional Double Room

Didn't like having to pay $16 a night for parking especially when I couldnt find a spot to park when we came back from dinner. Had to park in valet spot as I wasn't parking on street since I was paying $16 a night. Didn't use pool as daughter wouldn't swim in green water and said it smelled (in the morning). Plaza scary on a springlike Saturday night.

Bed like a cloud. Love the separate sitting area from the sleeping area and 2 tvs. Celebrating daughters birthday. They brought us cookies and milk. So sweet and thoughtful! Beautiful view out the windows of the hotel. Staff very helpful and friendly. Heater was running high and room was very warm although set on 65. This was fixed for us while we were out.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

• Executive King Suite

No room service. $19 PER MOVIE. That's more than going to the actual theatre. The breakfast was phenomenal though.

How convenient the location was.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

• King Suite

It was hard to figure out how to turn on the shower and no directions.

It's in a great location with lots of amenities - fitness room, pool, in-room coffee. Room had a comfortable lay-out.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

• King Suite

The wait staff was so nice in your dining area! We enjoyed visiting with our waitress, she was very nice. The room was great and the bed comfy. The breakfast was awesome and priced well too. Definitely will stay there again.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

• King Suite

Had a sewer smell that permeated the room and the air handler would "bang" loudly when it turned off-waking you up at night.

Bed was comfortable and room had a nice layout.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• King Suite

No folder in room to tell of hotel services, menus, times pool open and area Needed updating. Tub needed to be restored--rusty around drain and that end of tub. No back on remote control so batteries had to be held in. Mirror frame in bedroom needed repair. Nice space, but not up to par in the elegance that Sheraton is branded for. Overpriced. Website did not mention the $16 fee for parking or $20 for valet parking. We took the stairwell up to the lobby and it was disgusting as it was very dirty and trashy. Parking area was very dark and I wouldn't have wanted to be in it alone. Coffee pot didn't work well. Had to run twice to get more than 1/4 cup. No TV guide for channels except HBO flyer. Covenience store had outrageous pricing! $3 for a 16 oz bottled water, $3.25 for a 16 oz soda and $3 for a 1 serving size of almonds.

Plenty of nice, soft towels .

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• King Suite

The staff were all wonderful! We really enjoyed the steak stew and drinks in the bar restaurant area. We will definitely stay here again, truly a pleasant experience.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Traditional Double Room

A last minute emergency kept us from staying at the hotel. I understand need for taking credit cards and shielding the hotel from careless bookings. However, when I was transferred to talk to someone about it, I talked to a man, then was supposed to call him back. The phone number didn't let me do a return call. I was hoping for a discount, possibly.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• Traditional Double Room

We waited in line to check in. Then the lady checking us in didn't say more than a couple words. She wasn't very friendly or talkative.

Location, clean, comfortable beds, nice rooms.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• King Suite

Once again, requested no feathers/down bedding and once again there is no connection between that request and the room given.

Suite is nice to have the extra room

• Traditional Double Room

The room was great .. the staff , not so much! They were at capacity and lacked the ability to accommodate the crowd .. Saturday breakfast was a disaster .. NO FOOD on club level .. the girl had NO IDEA WHAT to do!! Told us to go to the restaurant.. ( now remember we had already paid for our club level breakfast in advance with reservations) .. they also had NO COFFEE .. we went to restaurant to get a cup of coffee.. we were told we had to ORDER THE BREAKFAST BUFFET !! It's was utterly ridiculous!! Not going back ... EVER

• King Suite

Requested a room. And was placed on the oppisite side of building. Great view of aircondition units. 2 lightbulbs were burnt out in 2 lamps. Called fromt desk the lady was rude about it and it never got fixed. Didnt tell me until check out that it was 15 dollars to park.

The bed was nice and comfortable.

• Traditional Double Room

Room safe was locked, while pool didn't work, price for parking too high, thermostat didn't work. Eventually things were made right. Should have been right to start wirh. Lots of free parking in area. Don't mind a small fee $15/night too high.

Clean facility, friendly staff, fantastic beds

• King Suite

The only downside... The expense of the buffet breakfast.

The staff was friendly and the pictures on the website didn't do the room justice! The buffet breakfast was also nice.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Traditional Double Room

The outlets by bathroom didn't work well and mini frig made noise at night

Beds were great and adjoining suite was so nice as a visit space ! We love the location-so close to shops and restaurants!!

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Executive King Suite

The Ford execs that treated the food in the clubhouse like a buffet. I had to wait for more food to be sent up due to this. They were rude and nasty to other guest and to the attendant.

Dexter in the Clubhouse was extraordinarily attentive. He deserves recognition for what he does. My interaction with him is what made my stay amazing.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

• Traditional Double Room

Room was not cleaned. They were in middle of renovating. Parking was limited. Had to park across the street in a garage.

Location was great and room was nice with seperate living room aera.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• King Suite

A ceiling tile fell in the indoor pool. Key cards didn't work. Door handle opened up instead of down. Room thermostat broken. Besides this, it was fine.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• King Suite

The person at the front desk when we checked in was not friendly. The toilet was clogged. The plumber had to fix it twice. There was a stain on the couch. The electric outlet where the Keurig was supposed to be plugged into was loose and did not work so we moved the coffee maker to the desk. There should be soda vending machines on each floor.

The room (King Suite) was pretty. I slept on the pull-out bed and it was comfortable. The lobby was gorgeous. Parking was convenient.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Traditional Double Room

Bathrooms a bit cramped for the size of the rooms but nice

The bed was amazing. The staff was over the top nice and helpful. Fans of football we talked it wasn't just business. They were personable.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• King Suite

Guest services forgot to bring an extra blanket to our room after I called and requested for the fold out sofa bed, we only had two sheets. Initially I just took the blanket off my king bed and let my girls have it on the sofa bed, then they ended up coming to snuggle up with me in the big cozy king bed so it was ok.

The king suite was fabulous and that bed was so luxurious. We also enjoyed the indoor and outdoor pools as well as the hot tub...so relaxing! We even ordered room service and ate breakfast in bed! What a treat for me and my girls!! We are looking forward to staying at this Sheraton again. Thank you!

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Traditional Double Room

The beds were so hard that our son ended up sleeping on the couch instead of the other bed. Our a/c in our room didn't work very well. Wouldn't get cooler than about 72°.

It was a great location. The room was clean but worn looking.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• King Suite

Breakfast was poor and mostly cold by the time it was delivered. Tasteless and bland. Bed was terrible for the quality this hotel says it affords its guests.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• King Suite

No breakfast, pricey, stayed in King Suite with sofabed. Bathroom has two doors. One is a sliding door which is pretty invasive. Smallish rooms for price paid.

Clean hotel, good location , nice staff. Comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Traditional Double Room

Wifi didn't want to work for everybody in our family (they claim only 3 devices per room will work, which is ridiculous in 2016), but eventually it worked.

Awesome location at the plaza & close to Westport area. Wonderful spacious room, great pool, good wifi (eventually).

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• King Suite

The location was excellent for a couple days of shopping on the Kansas City Country Club Plaza and visiting sites in the area. The breakfast each morning was quite good. They offered a breakfast buffet and breakfast from the menu. We had breakfast from the menu each day. The food was served hot and what should have been chilled was chilled perfectly. We were always greeted in such a friendly manner when entering the dining room and our servers were extraordinary! The staff at the reception desk were very helpful when we had questions. They went above and beyond to find the answers to our questions. Our room for three was quite roomy, very clean, and very comfortable. Will definitely return to this hotel again when the three friends get together for another "girls get away" excursion!

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Traditional Double Room

We showed up at 4pm, which is checkin time, and had to wait over an hour for our rooms to be ready. We were supposed to be next to each other and we ended up with 2 rooms across the hotel from each other. We also got them 30 minutes apart. The staff at the front desk was horrible and 1 lady had an attitude with each guest. They baggage hold was horrible and they didn't even put people names or toms on bags. People were waiting to pick up their luggage and the staff couldn't figure whose bag belonged to which guest.

The fluffy beds. The rooms were very nice.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Traditional Double Room

We did not have trash cans, asked for them, never got them. The pull out sofa didn't have sheets and the extra blanket for the pull out was dirty. These are motel issues not what you expect from such a property.

Location. We usually stay here when visiting KC but this was the last time.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• King Suite

An attempt to break into my car damaged it while in the paid hotel parking garage.

Great location and nice hotel accommodations with a delightful staff.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Traditional Double Room

Driveway was completely blocked off due to construction with no direction on where to go or how to check in and no one directing people or offering help with luggage. This with over 200 a night price tag. Jackhammer started at 7 am with no forewarning at all. Will not go back to that hotel. Worst experience at an upscale hotel in a long time

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• King Suite

The bathtub was dirty and I expected a cleaner room from what I was paying. The pool is neat but accessing it was kind of confusing. You need a keypass to enter and leave the pool area which is inconvenient but tolerable. The door to go between the indoor and outdoor portions of the pool was out of service, so thats why its was annoying to pull the keycard out for the primary door.

My king single bed suite was well furnished and I enjoyed the lay out quite a bit. The bed was really comfortable and I slept like a baby. The hotel is conveniently located on the east end of the Plaza and its a 3 min walk away from some delicious restaurants.

• Traditional Double Room

Parking charge ended up being significant - should be a consideration when you are comparing prices

• King Suite

Clean room. That's all what was needed. Good people.

• King Suite

Waiting for the elevator took longer than normal. Parking was difficult

Nothing comes to mind.

Lovely mini-suite. Could not have been more comfortable.

• Traditional Double Room

There was a big pool, but no jacuzzi. The breakfast buffet at $17.95 is way overpriced for what was offered.

Great staff and service