Reviews of Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta 3 stars

#30 of 250 hotels in Atlanta

6.2

Closest to history

Norhing

The proximity to the mall where all of the wonderful tributes to American history is fantastic. It only takes a few minutes to walk down and begin a walk thru our past. A restaurant named The Tonic is a must. We ate there 3 times. It is a stone's throw from this hotel. The food is great and the service cannot be beat. They serve a breakfast brunch and then fantastic food for lunch/dinner.

Great experience for the trip but would not stay here again unless some1 else is paying
    • Standard King Suite

I didnt like that i try and travel every so often and stillbtry and save money i read and still paid more then what was initially agreed upon through booking. On the website it says 10 dollars a day for parking, then they charged me 12 per day, they charge for everything, id think being that the rooms are pretty costly that somthing would be included. Its a very nice place to look at but not worth the moneys being charged for everything. Breakfast is 15 dollars per person...

I loved the room, and the customer service.

Rooms were awesome and the service was terrible.
    • Standard King Suite

After paying what I did to stay there, I expected a little friendlier service while I was checking in. The lady did not think I was old enough and asked me repeated questions and interrogated me. Then, I asked about breakfast and was told I should have selected that when I booked but I could show up and pay $15/person. I was confused as to why I was paying $12 to park and she was extremely rude about that as well. I felt rushed and like I could not ask questions without receiving an attitude in return. Beside me, there was another lady checking in that was having similar issues with her desk worker.

Room was awesome!

The cleanliness of the room.
    • Standard King Suite

The fact that the breakfast was about $15 per person and The parking was $12 per vehicle and it’s only one entrance/exit is just ridiculous.

The cleanliness of the room.

The guy at the front desk was extremely helpful, I was...
    • Family Suite - Hearing Impaired Facilities

The guy at the front desk was extremely helpful, I was alone with two 6 year old and a seven month old. He was a great help, I will be staying there every time I come to Georgia GA because of hI'm going above and beyond, he made me feel like I was a rich guest.

great stay except for the pull out bed.
    • Corner King Suite

The pull out sofa bed was horrible, my back still hurts, and there should be a crosswalk from the upper parking lot to the sidewalk that leafs to the mall and sky bridges. .it's 4 lanes and cars go fast.

Room size, wet bar area, big bathroom, good counter space, separate bedroom

Friendly staff, but lacking on the details
    • King Suite - Disability Access

Unfortunately the property missed the mark on cleanliness. The sheets in my room were clean, but had some stains on them. The shower curtain did as well. The bathtub didn't drain, so I wound up taking a shower in ankle-deep water. A word of warning: the menu says they serve room service until 11pm, but I called at 10:40 and was told the kitchen was already closed. Very frustrating after a long day when I just wanted to order some dinner.

The staff is incredible friendly and welcoming. I had great interactions with everyone on the property.

Great place and surroundings
    • Standard King Suite

We checked in late nothing was open for delivery

Staff was great elevator outside was broken so staff called a golf cart to take us to our vehicle on second floor

Had a good experience will definitely stay again.
    • Standard King Suite

Paid WiFi, paid parking, rates are different at the actual hotel than stated on booking.com they charge an additional $50 that you get back in 7 days that you aren’t informed of plus an additional tax that booking did not inform you of.

Coffee, close to mall and event

The elevators in the parking garage were broken.
    • Standard King Suite

The elevators in the parking garage were broken. So we had to haul our luggage up and down flights of stairs. The elevators inside the hotel seemed like they were on their last leg also. The staff never smiled when speaking to us.

Happy to stay here again when I'm next in Atlanta
    • Corner King Suite

Stayed here for two nights as we were working at Fieldwork Atlanta. The suite was comfortable, quiet and spacious for one person. Staff were polite, friendly and helpful. We ate in the restaurant twice and the food and service were good.

Nice but could have had better experience
    • Standard King Suite

I did not like that there was ants in my first room and woke up to them in the bed and making a happy trail throughout the room. I feel like I should be compensated in some way for that inconvenience. They did move me to a different room and that’s it. I also didn’t like how we had to pay for on site parking for this kind of hotel. Where else would we park??

I liked the friendly staff and comfortable room

The fact that they don’t tell you prior to your stay that...
    • Standard King Suite

The fact that they don’t tell you prior to your stay that there is a 50$ deposit charged when you check in that won’t be available back on your card for 5-7 days!

I enjoyed my stay will definitely be back soon!
    • Standard King Suite

Had to travel to two different floors to get ice because the ice maker on my floor was not working.

The bed was amazing, had the best sleep I've had all year!

The bed was superb!
    • Suite with Two Double Beds

The only thing that was a turn off was the long elevator wait times. On more than one occasion was I waited over 10 minutes to get on an elevator and there were 3 of them.

The bed was superb! Extremely comfortable!! The city view was also a great addition to the room.

It was very comfortable
    • Standard King Suite

Having to use elevator outside to get to parking and then having to go back in to use elevator to get to room

The breakfast was great. The staff was very friendly.

I was so happy with the staff from entry to exit. Everyone was so very nice and the place was great
    • King Suite - Disability Access

Club level I liked the breakfast. I did not like that coffee was not available throughout the day. And I didn’t like that there were no baked goods at night time. They had horsdeouvre with dessert and I believe that should be split up. And maybe 1 glass of wine or 1 beer with the appetizers.

I liked the club level breakfast but hate that I had to pay for that. I feel that at least a continental breakfast should be free for all guests and then pay for breakfast cooked food.

It was good, just not worth the money I spent.
    • Corner King Suite

I payed for a smoking room but the facility was non-smoking. I was not told the hotel was 100% non-smoking until I checked in. The WiFi was awful. I could not get any assignments done.

Brief stay
    • Corner King Suite

Did not have enough linen on either night that we stayed. Do not like the fact that their is not a direct entrance from the garage directly into the hotel. Had to take elevator to outside of hotel entrance. Then o entered the hotel. Not safe especially with small children. I do not think I got my money’s worth out of this hotel. It could have been a lot nicer or luxurious for the money paid.

The lobby was beautiful and staff was friendly

very nice hotel and accommodations. Could work on accommodating big groups for companies.
    • Suite with Two Double Beds

The elevator key cards did not work, either the keys need to be reprogrammed or the scanners in the elevator need to be repaired.

The bed was amazing, the room was very well laid out, high end accommodations.

Excellent area and room, would definitely stay again.
    • Standard King Suite

Just minor things that I noticed from staying at multiple other hotels in the past.

The bar staff was exceptionally helpful and masturful at their craft. The rooms were exquisite.

Comfortable beds,amble space, great for business or leisure
    • Standard King Suite

The sitting area was not at all comfortable. I couldnt even relax after a long day because of how uncomfortable it was.

Hotel was convenient to the location I was in town for, beds were very comfortable

Friendly staff.
    • Standard King Suite

Friendly staff. Clean, comfortable room. Super close to convention center and parking was a breeze. Staff was very polite and assuring on the phone when I called to ask them a question on the way there.

The staff was rude, we were charged twice.
    • Standard King Suite

The staff was rude, we were charged twice. Once through booking and then on our debit card. It took almost 30 minutes to convince the desk clerk that we had paid. Even while we were showing him our checking account where it came out. He still said it wasn’t showing up that we paid. He made us feel belittled and embarrassed. I will never stay at this hotel again!!

It was terrible
    • King Suite - Disability Access

The housekeeper threw away 2 brand new pair of shoes, and didn't even bother to clean the room on that day. We found an empty champagne bottle while looking all over for my shoes. The front desk staff was a nightmare from beginning to end and everywhere in between

Absolutely nothing.

It was okay, but I felt like I overpaid.
    • Corner King Suite

You can't enter the hotel from the parking garage without walking outside. The elevator card readers didn't always work, causing you to switch elevators. The WIFI was sketchy.

The room was nice. The bed was comfortable.

Pillows were terrible.
    • Standard King Suite

Pillows were terrible. Nothing to them but air and when you put your head on them they went completely flat. Woke up with stiff neck and headache, Didn't like paying fir WIFI or the bottle of water in room. Also would be nice to have a shuttle to pick you up from Braves game instead of having to walk back to the motel.

I stayed in a comfortable room near Cobb Galleria Centre but far from everything else.
    • King Suite - Disability Access

There was odour coming from the bathroom. The pool is small and it wasn't cleaned for days. On two occasions when I used the pool people who were not there to swim were drinking and smoking by the pool where there were clearly no ashtrays. Made it really uncomfortable to be there.

Bad was great. Room was spacious.

Nice room but not very efficient or friendly staff
    • Standard King Suite

The pillows were all flat. Only had one elevator that worked almost our entire trip and were told we could not have access to stairs to go up to our room we had to wait in line. Also the tv went out during the first night stay and were never told anything until I went to let someone know since we were going to be out for the afternoon and her response was "we already know"

Make a green choice.
    • King Suite - Disability Access

The store in the lobby is extremely expensive. I bought a monster and an apple juice drink and it was over $9

Make a green choice. If you are a person who doesn't like housekeeping then you place the "make a green choice" door hanger on your door before 2am and they give you a $5 voucher to the store in the lobby.

Nice facility in a nice
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

The price was too high for this hotel. I stay and 5 star all the time and the pricing is $100 less per night in other major cities.

Clean, very nice and secure felt safe here.

front Desk Staff superior
    • King Suite - Disability Access

dirty tub, 2 black hairs in it. Plus, housekeeping knocked on my door at 9am day of checkout and when I answered, the lady was walking and laughing. Checkout is 11am. All I was given from staff was free parking. Thought all guests parked for free.

front Desk Staff superior

The hotel was beautiful.
    • King Suite - Disability Access

The hotel was beautiful. My room was very clean and the staff were very friendly! The hotel is conveniently placed right across the street from the Mall, Waffle House (my fav) and the new SunTrust Park! I would definitely stay again.

Good location, nice rooms
    • Standard King Suite

It was noisy, both inside and out, I think there was a reunion or convention. Parking & Wi-Fi are not included in room price

Nice clean rooms, close to SunTrust and restaurants, etc

Clean and safe hotel, great facilities and access.
    • Standard King Suite

The counters had recently been stained and rubbed off on our clothes. When brought to the attention of the staff. They didn't really seem to care and made minimal efforts to rectify the situation.

Great access to the Cumberland mall and the sky bridge for the Braves game! We never drove anywhere, everything was within walking distance.

Bed was very hard sure not like a cloud and made noise...
    • Family Suite - Hearing Impaired Facilities

Bed was very hard sure not like a cloud and made noise everytime moved. Also, air was on but it was hot in the room the vent was located behind the tv on wall so couldn't feel it.

Worst Customer Service Ever!
    • Standard King Suite

The site was nice, but our experience was not. There are too many other hotels in the area to stay here again. I left my drivers license and a debit card in the hotel. It took days for the room manager to return my call. Then when I asked her to mail it to me using the address on the license, she refused until I sent her a self addressed stamped envelope! So now, I must wait the time it takes for my envelope to reach her and hope that she will return the contents to me in a timely manner! I can't imagine that a stamp would put them out of business, but if that was the problem, I would have gladly paid a shipping fee. Terrible service!

A very relaxing stay for an overnight trip
    • Corner King Suite

The pool was very poor. It was misleading in the pictures and that was what I based my stay on. I was there for my sons birthday and it was not up to the rest of the hotel!

Rooms were spacious and up to date... two tvs to accommodate both my son and I

Good place for a Staycation
    • King Suite - Disability Access

The beds were hard and the pillows and comforters were down. I woke up with a scratchy throat and it took me all day to realise why. You should make note so that people (like me) Anna my family who are allergic cam requestsomething else. It ruined the first two days of my vacation.

The on-site restaurant was convenient, but hag odd choices. The bar and wait staff were very friendly. The pool was great.

nice but not spectaculer
    • King Suite - Disability Access

had to run the water for too long a time for it to get hot. This only applied to my room. They worked on the plumbing and the hotel was without water for about 4 hours but this did not fix my problem

amazing stay
    • Standard King Suite

Parking in the garage was confusing as far as prepaying and just using the room key vs. getting a ticket each time. But once better instructions were provided no issues

The hotel was very clean,quiet and cozy! The staff was very friendly! The stay was amazing! Definitely will book again when in Atlanta.

Second time I have stayed here and will do so on all future Atlanta trips.
    • Standard King Suite

Can't really think of anything

Breakfast buffet was average. No omelette or waffle station which allows for fresh cooked food. Staff was very nice in the bar and dinner ribeye was excellent.

A great and convenient place to stay.
    • King Suite - Disability Access

I really do not like the setup of the hotel restaurant. It is too open.

Traveling alone, I was concerned about my safety. I don't have to be worried about that when staying at this Sheraton. Also, the suites are so comfortable. I love having a frig and microwave and 2 televisions in the suite. The hotel is very convenient for travel to Sun Trust Park, too. Just lots of pluses for staying here. Staff is exceptionally helpful and customer friendly. Couldn't have been more pleased with my stay.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Great Value, Great Location, Great Service

Can't think of anything.

Everyone was very friendly and helpful, giving us local restaurant recommendations, friendly bartender at the lounge, etc. They were very nice to my son and his buddy who came along on the trip. Great experience.

Room was a little warm for my preference.
    • Family Suite - Hearing Impaired Facilities

Room was a little warm for my preference...thermostat not responsive to our temp selection. No hair dryer in the bathroom. We chose this hotel because it advertised shuttle to ballpark, but the shuttle stopped running by 10:00 pm, well before the ballgame ended, so we had to walk back to the hotel late that night with two young children. We were awakened at 4:00 am by housekeeping in the room next door--running water in the bathtub, vacuum cleaner bumping the wall.

Great location and suite style rooms
    • Suite with Two Double Beds

The double size beds need to be upgraded to queens-such a small thing but makes a BIG difference in comfort.

Size of room, the bathroom set up, the suite style set up. Also the shower was awesome.

They charges me pne thousand dollars to stay in the hotel...
    • Corner King Suite

They charges me pne thousand dollars to stay in the hotel for two nigts when they charge should have been only 400 dollars and would not help me resolve this whatsoever

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Great room and great location!
    • Standard King Suite

Great room and great location! We loved that we could walk via Sky bridges to the Braves game and also walk to the mall with it's great restaurants.

My room was very nice!
    • Suite with Two Double Beds

My room was very nice! I like that you had to swipe your card on the elevator before it would take you to the floor. Very quiet in halls! Our stay was great!! Staff was very helpful to show us the best way to get to SunTrust park walking.

Great location marred by bad info to get to ball park
    • Standard King Suite

on line comments said shuttle to Sun Trust Park, when in reality, shuttle dropped off many blocks from stadium AND staff did not direct us to most direct walking route to stadium - we found out for ourselves

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Comfortable and Clean room but No Free WiFi
    • King Suite - Disability Access

No free WiFi, the rates for rooms are top dollar and the WiFi should be free. It's bad when a high class hotel doesn't have free WiFi but the Motel 6 with the cheapest rates on rooms offers free WiFi.

The bed and the suite was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

A great place to stay
    • King Suite - Disability Access

Great location across from the Convention Center with a shopping mall adjacent complete with clothing stores and restaurants. The location and amenities were all outstanding!

Walking distance to Suntrust Park.
    • Standard King Suite

Pool water was cold but they said they were doing work on it that required them to not use the pool heater. This was posted.

Good suite. Close to new Suntrust Park. Hotel will shuttle you or you can walk.

Awesome
    • Family Suite - Hearing Impaired Facilities

Well when I arrived the check in clerk told me the room that I booked and paid for in advance was not available so I ended up in a different room. The good part is one person did not make the trip so everything worked out

The last time I visited there was remodeling going on. I was amazed at the outcome. Very nice hotel!!! The room was very nice and clean also

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Home away from home!
    • Standard King Suite

Friendly and accommodative staff provided exceptional service. Manager Olivier was exemplary by printing my airline boarding pass when the computers in the business center went offline.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

Beds were very comfy.
    • Standard King Suite

Staff a little too fixated on themselves gathering and talking together. Hard to get in and out of the hotel when driving.

Beds were very comfy. Decor good rooms spacious.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Better than I expected.
    • Standard King Suite

$8 to park overnight...ouch!

Very comfy room on 9th floor. Super comfy bed. Better than I expected. So close to Galleria Center we could walk. Our room was large with 2 TVs and very nice sitting area.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Not worth paying for a junior suites 240.00 for one night
    • Standard King Suite

Had a late check out but prior to the time to check out the staff was already knocking at my door..

Room was dusty...not worth a junior suites money i paid for ..

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Nice bedding and very friendly staff
    • Suite with Two Double Beds

Parking Garage Elevator, and main elevator management upon checkout causing people from lower floors to ride up to the top floor preventing myself from even being able to make it down to the ground floor without using to fire escape stairs

Nice bedding and very friendly staff

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

Excellent value for money
    • Standard King Suite

Room service was lacking. Relied on outside GrubHub delivery service that never came.

Excellent and attentive staff, large and comfortable rooms. All suite hotel. Convenient access to mall with many amenities.

The rooms are great and so spacious!
    • Standard King Suite

The rooms are great and so spacious! Beds are comfy. From the time I walked in the door everyone I dealt with was so helpful and friendly 🤗 I will definitely be back!! Thanks!

Met expectations. Delightful stay.
    • Club Double Suite with Sofa Bed

Club level was a great perk.

Great shower, quiet room, close to Suntrust park

Great shower, quiet room, close to Suntrust park

Location and facilities are awesome
    • Standard King Suite

Check in time is too late

Location and facilities are awesome

• Standard King Suite

Loving the ATL...we will be back!
    • Suite with Two Double Beds

Luxury type rooms so close to the ball park. The staff and facilities were amazing...clean, safe...top notch,

Beautiful property and clean rooms

Beautiful property and clean rooms

That they charged you for Wi-Fi

That they charged you for Wi-Fi

Although our hotel was very lovely I just dislike the fact...
    • Standard King Suite

Although our hotel was very lovely I just dislike the fact that it was a mix-up about the rooms having a kitchen none of their rooms have kitchens

The room was very spacious & clean!
    • Standard King Suite

The room was very spacious & clean! Will definitely be staying here again!

Staff was amazing!

Staff was amazing!

Had to plan a last minute trip and looked at several different hotels and I’m glad I picked this one
    • Standard King Suite

Very nice hotel. Room was spacious and very clean. It’s location to the ballpark was amazing.

Effortless in Atlanta!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

In the center of Braves and Cumberland Mall with easy access to interstate😀

Wonderful
    • Corner King Suite

The staff provided outstanding customer service. Everyone was smiling.

Great stay