Reviews of Sheraton Suites Houston Near the Galleria 4 stars

#128 of 408 hotels in Houston

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Satisfactory stay
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

Swimming pool location and unavailability of (subscribed) satellite tv channels.

The beds were comfortable, hotel was quiet and within walking distance to the Galleria for lovers of brand labels.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

We will definatley be back! We loved it there!!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

I think the parking options are a bit over priced, but well worth it.

My daughter and I stayed as a mother daughter get away. We honestly did not want to return to reality at the end of our stay. We had a wonderful time and all of the staff was super helpful and nice! The bed was dreamy! I give our overall stay a 10!

Everything else was great most of all the service in the...
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

Got up in the morning the bathroom floor was wet along with the rug. There was a leak from upstairs. At dinner food was great as well as the service but the chicken was going bad.

Everything else was great most of all the service in the restaurant the waiter was excellent.

Nice restaurant
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Data in card key was easily erased by my mobile phone. The card had to be away from phone. If I had them together in my hand, the function of key will quickly be erased from the card. I had never experienced such weakness of card key.

When I go to restaurant for breakfast of 6 times (mornings), staffs always take care of me to make my comfortable. They kindly asked my favorable drinks, egg meal type and bread before my sitting table, then quickly served them. In addition to that, foods in buffet were very nice.

Well located hotel and helpful staff
    • King Suite

The hotel is dated - the bathroom smelt stale. No bathrobes No courtesy room for those checked out needing to refresh / change

Well located hotel and helpful staff Great room service offering

What happened

The slow staff , cold food, water down drinks , hard pillows, rust in the bathroom, the soap that don't lather.

Horrible experience I don't blame the staff but they need to become more dated.

Typical Sheraton Suites, spacious. Beds and pillows guarantee a good nights sleep.
    • King Suite

Decor a bit dark and dated.

Friendly welcome, nice breakfast. Rooms had everything you need and more, ample towels at pool, good location for Galleria. Bed and pillows like sleeping on a cloud!

Great hotel for great price
    • Club Double Room

The pool closes at 10 and we were getting dry with our little boy, there was a lady with her 2 children still in the pool yet the male member of staff chose to only approach and tell my partner that we needed to leave he didn't say anything to the single women or her to children. Felt a little targeted why was everyone not told this equally.

Pool was great, room with private living room was perfect for us.

The location was great, the price and the facilities were...
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The beds were very uncomfortable. The comforters And sheets felt like plastic. Parking should be free

The location was great, the price and the facilities were great

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Love the cleanliness of the property in general!!!

The self parking was too pricey, $25.00

Love the bed, its so comfy. The property overall it's very clean which is a plus given that I am very picky. Coupons were given for breakfast, it was good nothing big to brag about. Only down for us was the parking, self park its $25.00 we thought it was too much given that I'm parking myself, 8f it was the valet price then ok so found parking too pricey. Overall had a good experience, staff are friendly.

Terrible customer service
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Shockingly poor customer service. I've never experienced so many rude staff- they behave as if they're doing you a favour by allowing you to stay

A beautiful hotel with good quality suites

Very close to the Galleria, they have a pool (but small),...
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

No free wifi (can you imagine that in 21th century?)! Very irritating fact. We had quite old room, but clean.

Very close to the Galleria, they have a pool (but small), jacuzzi. We had -42% off deal, so the price was also ok. They have a tour to the Space Center - if you are without a car- this is the only way to get there.

The bed is very comfortable and the staff was excellent.
    • King Suite

There isn't a microwave. You have to give your food to staff to warm and hope they don't do anything to it.

The bed is very comfortable and the staff was excellent.

The location was excellent and we would stay again....

Our shower backed up sometime during the night and the next morning, the tub was full of gunk. Upon our arrival back to the hotel, however, all was well and cleaned. I was also a little uneasy about Miss Deneen's hours. She was there late in the early morning hours and checked us out on the next day.

The bed and pillows were a dream. I also loved the separate living and sleeping quarters.

I love Michael!
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

I love Michael! He was so accommodating since we got there early. I love the fact that they have a shuttle that could take us out up to 3 miles, but luckily everything is around you so it was SUPER convenient!

great experince

Non smoking property everywhere,$25 parking everyday,small pool

I loved how it was my birthday and wen called down for some type of birthday gesture ( champagne and strawberries) they offered instead a whole bottle of red wine and great ROOM SERVICE..the layout of the room is awesome!

Great location and comfortable stay
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sofa Bed

The towels were not perfectly white...they had spots on them. Such unhygienic condition should not be part of a Sheraton hotel. The wifi is not complementary, you have to pay for it daily. I'm surprised that in these days that hotels still feel like wifi is a luxury not a necessary. Expensive parking. So I guess they hide the fees of parking and internet in order to make the hotel look like a better value. The TV control is slow to switch between channels, they need to change the technology of hotels TV providers.

The location is quite central for a huge city. The room size is excellent and the bed was very comfortable. Nice decor and very homey feeling.

Excellent choice for a weekend getaway, will definitely come back soon!
    • King Suite

I liked everything including the pricetag

Room was huge, well divided, comfortable bed and pillows, super dark at night, sofa and armchair were very comfortable and everything was super clean.

I loved the location , the staff was very friendly &...
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

The bed had bed bugs so I was unable to sleep in the bed but I slept on a chair.

I loved the location , the staff was very friendly & professional. The room was a nice size.

Great Location.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

For a property that charges so hefty fees charges fee for Internet, Breakfast, Self Parking, literally everything!!

Great Location. Very attentive staff.

Underwhelming for the price.
    • King Suite

Tired room. Uncomfortable bed. Low water pressure. Cheap toiletries. For the price, I expected more. Will stay at Embassy Suites next time.

Underwhelming for the price paid.

Near the biggest shopping mall in Houston
    • King Suite

The room had a little humid smell

The Sheraton Suites had two big TVs and a big bathroom. Size of the fridge was good. Located nearby shopping malls.

My stay was just ok. I expected more but the staff was professional.
    • King Suite

Parking was expensive and we were not advised prior to arriving that there was no free parking. Bathtub needed to be re-caulked. Toilet was unleveled/not firmly secured and rocked back and forth. Carpet in room needed vacuuming. For such a nice hotel i expected small renos as such to be done. I was not impressed and won’t be staying at this location again.

Decor, location, professionalism of staff

Unimpressionable

No breakfast after being charged $170 per night and no change of booking

It was too pricey booking through Booking.com. Booking.com wasn’t truthful as I was charged immediately after using booking.com and not at the facility as purported

Overall I was pleased with the Hotel, with the exception the gym faciliess poor. Wifi should be free
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Very poor gym facilities and did not like having to pay for WIFI, this should be included in your room. That would be good business value!

I really like the rooms and the layout of the hotel

• King Suite

Everytimr i have to change the keys brcause they not working, the ACin the room waa mot working i asked them to fixed it and u can only turn it to the heat i tried to switch it to the cool it wasnt working and the room is very old every time ur the ac on theres noise from the compressor

da capo
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sofa Bed

buffet in combinatiin with special orders was relly great - the sausages tasty area of hotel - galleria - very relaxing Posz Oak Blvd: big plans for rejuvination, will take some time will be back for inauguration for sure

Overall, it was a great stay and I would stay there again.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

When I entered my room, the comforter was rolled up at foot of the bed and I had to spread it out. Also, the stopper in the tub was not functioning properly.

Convenient location. Friendly staff. Clean room. Comfortable bed. Great restaurant.

Stay here.
    • Deluxe King Suite with Sofa Bed

Excellent hotel and great location. The valet parking guys and the bellmen are all lovely and always welcoming and that gives a great impression to all guests. All front desk staff and especially Michael are all great. The hotel managers are amazing and very helpful. The only member of the staff that doesn't really fit in is the young hispanic guy at the front desk that needs to better understand customer service in a hotel front desk position as he is very far from being ready to be out there at this time. He is generally more interested in his personal relationship with other staff and how quick he can finish answering a question and getting back to his small talk with other staff. He should also be aware of the comments he makes without realizing that people working on the computers can hear everything he is saying loud. I would't stay anywhere else in Houston. Thanks for having us.

No negatives. Just minor adjustments needed.

The hotel charged twice for the same room.
    • King Suite

I had a double charge IN my credit card and no one from the staff helped me. I went to the front desk many times, some of the staff even tryed to help but nothing really done. I sent emails and no answers, by the way, I still have the problem, payed twice for the hotel.

Localização

I will consider staying there in the future, but will not make future reservations thru your website
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

You never mentioned about daily parking rate. Never mentioned other hotels fees, no free wifi in my suite. Never mentioned their would be a security deposit on my card, which I am still waiting for reimbursement.

Stay was good but the place is overpriced and need to be renowated.
    • King Suite

Room are bit dark and old, Parking 20USD day is indecent, Breakfast is average standard. Pool is very small and not really nice

STAFF! Rooms size, Fitness room is ok

Too many ancillary charges
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

Who charges for internet besides a motel 8? Who charges that much and then charges for parking? I'm surprised there wasn't a charge for color TV or a coin soap dispenser.

The place was lovely, good location, good beds.

It was my birthday as well!
    • Club Double Room

Was not told breakfast was served at same floor level, went down stairs and was charged for breakfast, when breakfast should've been free!

Excellent stay

Great place to getaway for the weekend!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

I did not like being charged for parking as disabled veteran.

It was a wonderful experience. However, parking for the disabled vets and disabled people should be free.

Amazing Weekend Getaway!
    • King Suite

The room service prices were a bit too expensive for our taste, so we didn't indulge, but we would have loved to have breakfast in bed. :(

Our suite was very spacious. The décor was modern and very nice. The bed was so comfortable. The shower was amazing! One of the best suites we've stayed in (I'd rate it higher than Hilton and Marriott). We had dinner and drinks at the hotel bar. The bartender was very nice. The drinks were fantastic and the food was great! I was very impressed from top to bottom with this hotel and our weekend getaway!

Staff very helpful and nice.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

There was no bedside table which was annoying; no clock, no place to set yor phone or watch.

Staff very helpful and nice. Restaurant food was really good. Suite was comfortable and clean.

Family Stay in Sheraton Suites Houston
    • Club Double Room

As per the above, the breakfast spread could have been better and the ambiance could have been a bit lighter.

The staff were friendly especially Amanda. The location was also good as it was just 10 mins walk away to The Galleria and other shopping malls and the hotel shuttle was very convenient. However, the breakfast spread was very minimal and does not have that much variety. I was only able to avail of a cup of hot chocolate once and they ran out of it from the next day onward. The coffee machine also broke down. We also found it a bit odd that we can avail of the breakfast in the Club Lounge but not in the common restaurant and we have to pay if we do so. We've stayed in 5-star hotels where we have access to both the Club Lounge and the common restaurant for breakfast. Overall, the hotel was fair although a bit on the dark side even with the drapes drawn out.

Great value.

I had 2 rooms reserved and front desk clerk kept insisting I only had 1 room reserved even after showing email from booking.com. We did get the 2nd room, but wasn't a king as requested.

Rooms were nice.

Nice place...
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

Location was odd. Everything around hotel was closed at 8 pm.. so i will suggest people.who are used to staying in downtown must opt for any hotel in downtown.

Bed was nice. Cleanliness was good. Room, sitting room and bathroom sizes were very good

Was not able to get a room on a better floor than 2nd, our...
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

Was not able to get a room on a better floor than 2nd, our view was a roof. Several dogs barking and running on the hallways before 7:00 am, we were looking forward to sleep in late. Very disappointing.

Great stay, horrible Valet!
    • Club King Room

Valet was HORRIBLE. I had to carry my own bags in to check-in. I had another incident where I was trying to park valet and the worker flagged me thru only to tell me to exit. At no time did he ask if I was entering or leaving. So I had to get back in traffic and go all the way around only to re-enter valet to park.

The hotel was clean, staff was friendly, and all of my special requests were met.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Loved my stay here!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

Executive King suite was a dream; The bed was amazing. Valet was friendly & hotel staff was very accommodating. Breakfast was superb. Fitness center was excellent. My floor was quiet. No complaints

Excellent location for a business stay
    • King Suite

The staff were really helpful and friendly, and the rooms were well laid out. The air-con worked well and was needed. Ideal for my business trip and as it is close to the Galleria, we walked there in there evening to do some easy shopping.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

Called for toiled to be cleaned very dirty. Last to go airport never received wake up call, when talking to a friend that shared a taxi to airport, he said he didn't get a call either

Room

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Great aside from the size of room overall it was great
    • King Suite

I wasn't to happy about the size of the room I expected a lot more

I like the service everyone I came into contact with were friendly and helpful some even knew me by Last name and that was very nice.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

We are older folks and found that the hours of club lounge...
    • Club King Room

We are older folks and found that the hours of club lounge during the week were too restrictive. The lounge closed up at 0900 which was way too early for us.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Everything !
    • King Suite

Nothing to complain about . Everything was wonderful.

Everything ! Everything was great . Can't complain about anything . Felt like I was at home .

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Everyone

Everyone

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Our stay

Parking was expensive

The room felt like an apartment! Loved it!

The room could be updated.
    • Deluxe Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The room could be updated. The carpet gave the room a bad odor

Everything was great except for the food at their restaurant.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

The food could be better. They only knew how to make one style omelette.

Everything was great except for the food at their restaurant.

Everythings not what it seems.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

The maid was rather rude .

I will rate it from 1 to 10 I'll give it a 7.5

the place and location was great , break fast asper your...
    • King Suite

the place and location was great , break fast asper your request . close to galareia mall / start box and many other markets .

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Good breakfast.

Good breakfast. Well equipped room. Close to Galleria

Overall it was good except for the parking.
    • King Suite

They charge you a $25 fee for parking yourself in the parking garage. The only parking for guests.

The size of the room and the cleanliness.

Stop charging your guest a parking fee.
    • King Suite

I think parking should have been free!

Nice hotel, great customer service.

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

Rooms are too cold but it was nice.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Sheraton Galleria

Parking is 25 a night

Beautiful Hotel walking distance from Galleria Mall

Disappointed never stay again
    • Deluxe King Suite

You have to pay for the parking it was 100 dlls for only 4 days and I park my self is too much..

I only like the room with the bed..

The view was perfect
    • Deluxe King Suite

However there was a dog barking the whole time in the room next to me

The view was perfect

Nice big room with comfy bed and the staff was very good ,...

Parking fee was high

Nice big room with comfy bed and the staff was very good , special thanks for valet staff

My stay was just wonderful.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

nothing, every thing just wonderful.

The friendly staff and property appearance. The breakfast buffett was just wonderful. Th

The staff was very friendly and helpful.
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was delicious!

Good value for money

cleaning need some work

I was disappointed on the price of my stay
    • King Suite

Booking said one price and when I got there I had to pay a different price!

The lady at the front desk was rude.

Great choice to stay in Houston
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

Pool is not that big so it gets crowded very soon

Bed and pillows are amazing, great room size, liked the partition doors too

Very high ospitality, attention to the client, cleanees

Very high ospitality, attention to the client, cleanees

Coffee and food was excellent

Coffee and food was excellent

Old and dirty
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Nothing, old and dirty rooms birth top

Nothing old and dirty

Great location, great staff!
    • Double Suite with Two Double Beds

rooms could be refurbed to refresh.

Bed comfy. Front desk staff fabulous. Room service really good. Loved free shuttle service!

Ok