Reviews of Sheraton Suites Fort Lauderdale Plantation 4 stars

311 North University Drive, Plantation, FL 33324, USA

#2 of 14 hotels in Plantation

Nothing is free not even a Bottle of water it's 3$
    • Suite with Spa Bath

It could have been better, With Free Breakfast Buffet for the price of the Hotel, nothing free but one (1) Bottle of water for Guest of (2).. I Will not recommend no one to stay there if they Would BREAKFAST 🍗🍞😶

The cleaness, Everything were Beautiful

Facilities and Comfort Good. Service needs improved.
    • Club King Suite with Spa Bath

The check-in experience was not particularly welcoming. My room included breakfast in the club room. This was described as, "you are entitled to a cold breakfast". This proved to be incorrect, as hot and cold items were provided and the breakfast was fantastic. The way breakfast was described, was off putting and I nearly chose not to bother. I had a club room with a jacuzzi. I thought the tub didn't work. My wife had a normal bath, due to being unable to find how to turn the tub on. This was due to the switch being on another wall,behind towels on a towel rail. So 10 hours on a plane from UK, looking forward to a jacuzzi bath that didn't happen. Quite disappointing. My daughter was to sleep on the sofa bed. No bedding was provided. Informed reception, who told me to go back and look in the closets. I didn't find any. So eventually bedding was brought. I had to make up the bed myself. This is a 4 star Sheraton, but guests have to make their own beds. Prospective guests should be aware, that the hotel is in the middle, of a massive building site.

The breakfast was great. The pool was very nice. The gym was well organised for cardio, with some dumbells provided also.

Great Location and Comfortable Bed
    • Standard King Suite

Carpet was a litte stained; tv remotes needed cleaning.

Blackout curtains; comfy bed; great location with easy access to shops and restaurants closeby; complimentary bottle of water daily ; staff was helpful.

Overall it was a great trip.
    • King Room - Disability Access

rooms smelled a bit like a locker room- musty Ac did not cool very well. Rooms could use a makeover

Staff were wonderful. Downstairs area was lovely

Fun time we will visit again!
    • Standard Double Suite

No sign coming south on University Drive indicating entrance for hotel parking. It took us awhile to figure out how to enter hotel!

My wife and I have been vacationing at Sheraton Suites in Plantation for past 23 years and now that we have kids, it’s family thing!

Location being close to the mall is very convenient and also...
    • Standard Double Suite

The fact it's under renovation should have been advised. Also upon checkin I was advised that I wasn't booked although I had received confirmation by email of being booked. But they honoured the booking.

Location being close to the mall is very convenient and also providing shuttle to and from is exceptional.

Very nice
    • Standard Double Suite

We travelled with our 23 year old daughter and she was thrilled that she had a room of her own so she didn't have to sleep in the same room as her mom and dad. She had her own privacy with her own TV!

Clean, modern and staff was accommodating
    • King Suite - Disability Access

Needing a key ro get to pool or fitness. I left my key and phone by pool to run to front desk and elevator wouldn't let me get back to my family

Clean, modern and wasnt cramped quarters

Second time we stayed here and was disappointed with our room. Tried to change it but to no avail.
    • Standard King Suite

We had a terrible shower in the bathroom. It was set up for handicap use. Just a handheld shower hose with very low water pressure.

Our servers Saturday night at the bar and Sunday morning for breakfast were attentive and helpful.

We would go again
    • Club King Suite

Low ceilings and 80's decor (e.g. carpets)

The shuttle bus was very convenient. Breakfast was good. Staff were courteous. Spacious rooms and bathroom

Would not stay there again.
    • Standard King Suite

The room was small for the amount of money spent for a one night stay. There was a dirty water smell to all the utensils, plate ware, and glasses in the restaurant.

The bed

My stay at the hotel was Great.
    • King Suite - Disability Access

What i a didn't like was the parking, it is a little distance from the hotel and no security is there to make sure of your safety to the hotel.

The location of the hotel is central located and the rooms are equip with what is needed.

Overall, I would stay here again only because it is the only 4 star property near BB & T
    • Standard Double Suite

Our bathroom floor had hair on it. Gross! This property really needs some updating in the rooms only though. GET RID OF THE CARPET! The beds advertised on line state they are QUEEN and this is false! When we got to the hotel and checked in they mentioned the room had 2 ''DOUBLE'' BEDS! I never book a hotel with double beds! this would have made me choose a different hotel.

The layout of the room for a family with 2 teenagers was excellent. The separate area with the couch and 2 televisions was spacious and we loved the way you cold enter the bathroom from both the bedroom and living room area. Loved the kitchenette with microwave. The glass of champagne was a very warm welcome! The courtyard was beautiful!

Great Stay! Great Staff! Great Rooms! Highly Recommended :)
    • King Suite - Disability Access

Slightly on the higher price side, however, you get what you pay for :)

Check in: Very nice/smooth check in. Room: Super Room with a decent view Cleanliness: Super clean Luxurious: Very premium elements in the room (carpets / tables / bed / etc)

The room was spacious the on demand movie option is great,...
    • Standard Double Suite

The a/c didn’t seem to cool the room very well and the hot water only got luke warm in the shower even when turned all the way to hot.

The room was spacious the on demand movie option is great, check in and out was a breeze

There was a planned power outage between 7.
    • Suite with Spa Bath

There was a planned power outage between 7.00 am and 6.00 pm. They didn't inform me about that in advance. So that day was horrible, they woke me up before 7.00 am to say there will be no power(using very loud speakers).

stay was comfortable as always, they need to maintain then units better
    • Suite with Spa Bath

the cleanliness standard has dropped at this property, bathroom has signs of mold build up, the room did not feel as if it was properly sanitized on check in.

the room layouts and set up is what keeps me going back, living area, kitchenette, seperate bath and dressing area

Nice rooms, bad breakfast
    • Club King Suite

The buffee breakfast was really terrible, avoid! Worst bread during our 2-week trip to Florida. Some members of the staff not the friendliest.

Very nice, large and comfortable room.

Overall; excellent stay. Facilities were very clean and tidy. Displayed decor for the season very

Need more parking.

The ambiance was great. Friendly staff and easy to work with. Parking was the only problem. although I understand that there are major renovations going on at the property.

Sufficient for the short time we stayed, suite layout was great.
    • King Suite - Disability Access

The area was under major construction so the parking and some of the surrounding property was unsightly and difficult to navigate. The service in the cafe was lacking. Had a hard time getting our waiter’s attention throughout our breakfast when we didn’t get the buffet.

Great suite layout, plenty of room and privacy for our 20year old to stay with us. The bartender and shuttle services were on point, great recommendations for dining in the area. Great location for dining, shopping,

Stay was great no thanks to Booking.com
    • Standard King Suite

Booking.com did not complete booking of hotel because credit card was not accepted. At no point during the on-line transaction was I advised that my booking was not completed.

Agent at desk helped with situation when our booking was not completed by Booking.com.

It was okay, not a vacation as that was not the purpose.
    • Standard Double Suite

The room was dated, there was a stain on the carpet, and the carpet looked old and needed cleaning. My father wanted room service, but complained that it was not good on both occasions.

It was convenient and the suite setup is good.

Very comfortable stay but not cheap.
    • Club Double Suite

Extensive construction to rear of hotel - avoid these west facing suites. Not worth paying extra for 'Club Suites/facilities on 8th floor - afternoon snacks and 'Club' breakfast poor. Lack of coffee shop - only formal restaurant/bar.

Spacious, comfortable suites. Nice views from front east facing suites above entrance. Large car park with no extra charge. Situation on University Blvd. close to 595 with easy access to all East coast neighbourhoods. Nice rooftop pool.

My stay was very good, only wish i was there for a long time.
    • Standard Double Suite

there is no security on the premises. so it gets dark very early.

the hotel is central located, if you don't have a car you can get around very good.

The hotel is AWESOME!
    • Standard King Suite

Not having the full price of hotel stay advertised versus the non-tax price. Not being tricked by the "Card needed only for reservation". Hotel stay was removed from the card in FULL. Locked into a rate that could have been beaten when the trip date approached. Not being informed that the hotel fee was taken away from the card. Fine prints are all over this website in a manner that is devious and in poor taste. This is negative portion is NOT for the hotel (which I absolutely LOVE) but for the booking.com website.

Location of hotel, clean, staff Friendly, parking.

Quality staff, but way overpriced.
    • Suite with Spa Bath

Construction on backside of hotel. Room had little black bugs flying around. Shower head was well below average.

Staff was outstanding. Very professional and helpful. Quality bed.

I really like the pool on the roof of the hotel.
    • Standard Double Suite

The bad was very uncomfortable. And I really didn't like the air conditioner in the bedroom. It was very noisy.

I really like the pool on the roof of the hotel.

Very comfortable, nice location to everything
    • Standard Double Suite

Front desk person on check out was not very helpful when I attempted to get my room charges straightened out. I was seeking to get the room put on my agency card as my personal card was charged. He claimed there was nothing He could do. This caused my agency's accountant extra time to fix.

Loved that you had a pool to swim laps in!

Ideal stop over between cruise and flight with nice staff comfy beds and a nice roof top pool
    • Club King Suite with Spa Bath

Building work on adjacaent site. Temporary

Staff were friendly and helpful and the man running the bar and bar food was a one man army and worked so hard. Short taxi from Sawgrass Mill shopping Mall Roof top pool was a nice touch.

The staff are very helpful, specially at the reception...
    • Standard Double Suite

The buffet breakfast had the same menu everyday. Can you imagine eating the same food for 10 days.

The staff are very helpful, specially at the reception (Benny?) and at the bar (Adam). Also the bellman was very courteous. We left one of our bags at the airport shuttle who took us to the hotel. When we mentioned it to the bellman, he ran very fast to catch up the airport taxi near the traffic light, and recovered our bag. It was on Aug. 21st at around 10:30pm.

Always stay at this hotel when in Fort Lauderdale, because of the staff, cleanliness and area.
    • Club King Suite with Spa Bath

Breakfast menu can change every other day in the club lounge.. Got tired of the same thing e.g. sausage, bacon, eggs. Viasha was very friendly, helpful and accommodating. My husband and I really looked forward to chatting with her when she was on duty. Love the upgrades that have been done and has refer this hotel to a number of persons who have actually stayed here, enjoyed it and has promised to return.

Everything.

A suite beats a room any day. The Sheraton has my vote as an all suites hotel.
    • Standard Double Suite

I did not like seeing a construction site every time I opened my blinds. A different view would have been more pleasant.

I liked the "Green Choice". This is where you can opt not to have housekeeping for a day or 2 in exchange for points. I used my points to pay for breakfast. That was fantastic.

Going forward the Sheraton Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation will be my permanent home away from home
    • Standard King Suite

The property next door is under construction which was an unfortunate view from my hotel room windows.

I was blown away with the quality of luxurious accommodations at this hotel. It was a last minute reservation and my expectations weren't very high. However the moment I pulled up I knew I was in for something much more, and that first impression came from the landscaping alone!

Great hotel. Would go back if I am in the area.
    • Standard King Suite

Service at breakfast was a bit slow. Friendly and courteous...but slow.

It was easy to find and located near convenient shopping and dining locations. The location was pretty central and accessible.

Comfortable,Clean and Cost saving
    • King Suite - Disability Access

My room view overlooked the section of the hotel that needs repair . Not a great view.

Room properly cleaned. Room service was awesome. Friendly staff.

It was pretty good just that 1 warning thing is not fair
    • Suite with Spa Bath

The security guy gave us 1 warning because we were a little loud an he told us that was our 1st an last warning or will will have to leave I fill like that is NOT FAIR AT ALL but someone had an party that was extremely loud

The spa bath tub 👌

Cctv.
    • Suite with Spa Bath

Ventilation system appears to shared with other room. Door closing frm rooms down the hall very noticable.

Cctv. In room Jacuzzi, piece and quiet. Room Service excellent. Soft quiet clean stable beds.

Best hotel stay I've ever had
    • Suite with Spa Bath

That I had to leave so soon

The suite was magnificent , very clean , the double bed extra large was the most comfortable I've ever slept in , we ordered the jacuzzi bathroom suite , it was more than we expected , great hotel location , close to Ftl airport and malls.

The staff was very friendly.
    • Suite with Spa Bath

The staff was very friendly. The bed was comfortable and had plenty of space. Also liked how the provided shuttle service to both Broward and Saw Grass Mall.

Spacious rooms, good bed.
    • Standard King Suite

An old-fashioned building with thin walls, very noisy A/C system that ran all night but could barely keep room cool. Hotel is surrounded by a large construction zone.

Spacious rooms, good bed.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Clean, quiet, nice staff, amazing rooms
    • Standard King Suite

The hotel was absolutely beautiful it had nice architecture. When we arrrived in our room, we were even more surprised but the room superseded my expectations. Check in was fast an easy.the hotel offered free parking unlik many hotels in Fort Lauderdale and they had a nice restaurant downstairs.

Mostly good but a few hiccups
    • Club Double Suite

The room was spacious, smelled great and was comfortable. The beds and pillows were fantastic! It was so hard to get out of bed in the morning because it meant leaving the wonderful comfort behind! Oh and the pool was lovely! On the down side, the room wasn't really ready for us. I say that because a previous guest's bra was left in the closet and there was no water in the toilet tank for some odd reason. A call to the front desk fixed the problem. The iron was dirty and a previous guest must have tried to clean it on the edge of the ironing board. Not pleasant. The fruit infused water in the lobby was a nice touch until I saw a label still stuck on the rind of a cut lemon. Really? Finally, we arrived on a Sunday afternoon and from then until Tuesday, the corridors on the fourth floor where we stayed had a most unpleasant odour. Very difficult to describe, but the scent was quite upsetting. Thankfully this didn't affect the room and by Wednesday the smell was gone.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Family getaway location for over 20 years we love Sheraton Suites in Plantation FL
    • Suite with Spa Bath

Being under construction where Fashion Mall used to be. We did not get the best rate for our rooms. Paid more than we wanted.

We love the rooms and swimming area on the roof! We love 15 minutes away but always feel like we are getting away in this beautiful hotel! My wife and I have been going to this Sheraton Suites for over 20 years! We love it

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Nice hotel once inside
    • Standard King Suite

Construction at back of property, road into property was being worked on, not appealing when driving up. Just stayed one night as we were going on a cruise, if we'd stayed longer we would have been very disappointed with all the construction going on. Expensive cab ride to Port Everglades.

Ate at the bar & food was really good.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Loved our stay
    • Standard Double Suite

Sawgrass mills mall was a 10 minutes car ride from the hotel. Right next to the hotel you have a walgreens, other shops and great restaurants. The lobby and rooms looked very good and were clean and spacious.

Lack of full disclosure about construction on property
    • Suite with Spa Bath

I hated the fact that the hotel failed to disclose the fact that there was some heavy construction going on on the property. Because of this I got very little sleep as the noise from the construction started very early in the morning. At times our room would even vibrate as a result. I spoke to management about this and they did lengthen the check out time however, it was pointless trying to catch up on sleep in the afternoon with the noise and racket from the construction. Because of thismy vacation was ruined!

The staff were very professional and friendly

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Excellent value for money in 5star hotel
    • Standard King Suite

Windows not open and so all air depends on the a/c which could sometimes be a bit loud. But its a minor issue. The breakfast was poor (and relatively expensive) but there are shops and bars around and a nice small kitchenette in the room so no need to take the hotel breakfast.

Very nice spacious room, clean and tidy, nice staff, good (small) gym and swimming pool. Very close to big shopping mall, easy to reach by car from Miami or FL airports. Excellent value for money.

Amazing

Honestly I have no complaints

Everything was amazing we completely enjoyed our time there we came in from Canada and we were so happy we had made the choice to stay at the shearton suites it's was very relaxing clean and comfortable,thank you for making our stay a pleasant one.

The only issue which was a major issue.
    • Suite with Spa Bath

The only issue which was a major issue. The bathroom kept clogging, it was not convenient to move to another room because I was there with my wedding party

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Very comfortable bed.
    • Standard King Suite

Restaurant seemed quite disorganised and we waited quite a while for drinks, food etc. Exercise facilities quite small for such a large hotel. Asked the front desk to call for a taxi for us and it didn't go smoothly. A little too far out for an overnight before a cruise.

Very comfortable bed. Room size was great! Double sinks were quite handy. Staff at front desk were very friendly. Room a/c quite efficient.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
    • King Suite - Disability Access

The hotel was rather large and the room we stayed in overlooked the construction area. It would have been nice to have been closer to the elevators.

After a long drive, the check in process was fast and informative and was close to all amenities.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Great stay
    • Standard Double Suite

Next door building was about to be demolished but didn't affect us we were out

Great place to stay before picking up our cruise Very central to everywhere Great quality

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Short but enjoyable stay.
    • Standard King Suite

View outside the window of demolished construction site.

Very nice front desk staff. Beautiful lobby. I left my brand new hair dryer and they kept it for me until I returned to the area to reclaim. Thanks!

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

I liked the closeness to sawgrass mall and
    • Standard King Suite

The pick up service of the shuttle partly My fault as I didn't know how to get the shuttle to come back when I was ready and waited 30 mins for a taxi.

I liked the closeness to sawgrass mall and The mini mall within 5 mins walk/shuttle Ride. The room was very nice with a kitchenette for storing and reheating food.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Worth It!
    • Standard Double Suite

The rooms are spacious and ideal for families. There's no reason to leave your room. The bathrooms are stocked, bed is so comfortable I wished I could take it home with me!

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Good value for the price
    • King Suite - Disability Access

No shuttle facility to the airport but I got a $15 coupon to use for the Uber ride so it worked out vey economical.

The facility is very nice. Staff friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Great hotel for a great rate
    • Standard Double Suite

The restaurant still has room for improvements.

Wonderful room, stylish hotel and lobby. Rates low in comparison to other, less attractive hotel chains (at least when I checked in).

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

I wish I could have stayed longer.
    • King Suite - Disability Access

Long walk to my car in the dark,

All of the staff I interacted with were great. Dining room staff were so accommodating. Housekeepers did a great job, I had no problems at all traveling by myself (a woman) at Christmas. Felt safe. and cared about.

Staff were extra helpful.
    • Standard King Suite

Breakfast buffet was not great. The hotel itself is surrounded by a mall that is being demolished. That was a surprise.

Staff were extra helpful. Food in restaurant was good when made to order. The pool and spa and exercise area were nice.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

it was excellent smooth checkin- and out process,
    • Standard King Suite

maybe been told that the room assigned to me was next to demolitions section, because the view was not nice

the room was homely and comfortable, well clean

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Very Nice residentially located, yet convenient to Shopping and easy access to travel main roads.
    • Standard King Suite

Maybe because of the age of the facilities, ... there need to be a more refreshing air in the hotel ... does not smell musty, but has a aged smell throughout.

Spaciousness, of rooms, and they arrangements in the unit , was quite accommodating ... could use a larger refrigerator, and a stove top, for those of us who like to heat foods ,,,, the old fashion way. Where was my robe, never found one!?

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

The staff is very kind and helpfull.

The shuttle return time could be much later than 16.45pm

The staff is very kind and helpfull. The shuttle to sawgrass is great. But better would be 1 more return time to the hotel around 21.00pm. And maybe also a shuttle possibility to the airport in fort lauderdale.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

Never going back
    • Standard King Suite

They charged $3 for each package that I received from Amazon!!! The Suite was not as big as expected. The Suite had absolutely no view at all, all our windows were behind some engines in an intermediate roof.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

No issues = great stay..
    • Club King Suite with Spa Bath

The breakfast on the club (8th) floor was not as good as the ground floor.

The staff was very helpful. Was surprised I got a better rate on booking.com than at the front desk.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Breakfast needs attention
    • Standard King Suite

The breakfast is terrible. Definitely needs improvement in quality. I had a serious intestinal disorder after having breakfast there. I have been hosted in this hotel for a quite long time, so this point, for me is the one that needs imediate corretive action. I still consider the temperature kept inside the hotel too low 68 F. When entering and leaving the hotel we suffer a thermal shock.

The rooms are very comfortable, the location is nice, amenities are always renewed. It's very good for a long term stay.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

A must stay! You will not be dissapointed.
    • Standard King Suite

No complaints really. Got woken up once there was a knocking like construction noise but I notified the front desk, didn't hear anything the next day.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was very dark so we slept in both days. Everything was real close to get to. This is going to be our new getaway hotel when we go to the east coast. Had a great time.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

My stay was awesome
    • King Suite - Disability Access

I didnt remember seeing a little gift shop within the hotel.

I loved the lay out of the room and how spacious it was. I really love the comfort of the bed and bedding. The property was very clean.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Enjoyed my stay , holetel was very clean and the staff was friendly

a safe in the room

I LIKED THE LOCATION AND THE FRIENDLY STAFF

I LIKED THE LOCATION AND THE FRIENDLY STAFF

My stay was very comfortable and the service was exceptional.
    • Standard King Suite

The service was great the staff was helpful and friendly. I would recommend to anyone looking for a great hotel

The pool area was outdated