Reviews of Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass 4 stars

5594 West Wild Horse Pass Boulevard, Chandler, AZ 85226, USA

#13 of 28 hotels in Chandler

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

it was a nice place to get away and spend some quality time with my partner
    • Traditional King Room

no mini fridges in the room, would of been nice to have one. also, need another elevator; entrances are far from the rooms (only if you're roomed right in the middle of the halls)

great location with great view, pool hours are amazing, food was delicious.

Absolutely perfect mother n son trip
    • Traditional Room

Self parking is quite a hike estimated 113 degree heat. It is very dark when you walk from the front lobby doors to the pathway. There’s about 15 feet of almost total darkness which is scary if you’re alone. Also one night I walked by myself at 8pm to my cat in total darkness as the parking lot lights were not on at all.

This property is gorgeous and a great location in Chandler. Check in was smooth and easy and the pool and pool staff are fantastic! Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. I will definitely be back!

Could have been better with it being a resort in all
    • Traditional Room

Having to wait an hour for a bells men to transfer us to another room ,I also didn't like the rude awakening from the bells men at 6 in the am asking if we needed help with taking our belonging when check out wasn't till 12 noon if we had a do not disturb sign I would have put it on my door but we didn't even have that

I loved all the pima art around the resort.

My stay was very relaxing.
    • Traditional Room

I was in a handicapped room but the tub/shower was impossible to get into for me. The feather pillows were terrible, the quills kept sticking me every time I moved. The TV didn’t work well, the sheets were dirty and had to have them changed.

The valet staff was really great, all staff was great. Building beautiful. Very relaxing location.

Beautiful Scenery
    • Traditional King Room

We didn't have a refrigerator nor a microwave. Housekeeping bothering you 3 hours before checkout with the do not distributed signage on the door!

Beautiful Scenery

The room was comfortable and the decor was very nice.
    • Traditional King Room

The colors were drab in the hallways and the carpet looked dirty but it was actually in the design of the carpet. It was a nice design but seemed to need a little brighter happy color. When we were at the pool the service was slow. There was one man who was working very hard. There was construction going on nearby and they had to work harder because the setup was not the normal set up for serving drinks and food. Everyone around us had a pitcher of water and were were never offered one. I felt bad for the one man who was working very hard.

The room was comfortable and the decor was very nice. The walkway around the river was wonderful! The decor in the dining room and entry were very pretty.

Very quiet and friendly staff.

Smoking! Ugh... they say there are a smoke free facility but there were people smoking right by the pool and outdoor areas. Not separated at all. Beautiful fire pit but people smoking.

Very quiet and friendly staff... staff went above and beyond.

Ok, spur of the moment trip. Dont Golf, so it was strictly for a New Years celebration
    • Traditional Room

Asked for King Bed, called day before (Dec. 30) to insure we got one, was told I was taken care of, but when we arrived, they said the were out. New Years Eve, and had to sleep on double beds, my Wife and I. They did upgrade my double room to a balcony, and offered me a bottle of wine, but I was disappointed (I don't drink wine), that for $221, I did not get what I was told I was getting.

The Room was nice, the staff was helpful.

Gorgeous but eat at the casino!
    • Traditional King Room

The staff was ok in the downstairs bar area. They were not very attentive. The food was very pricey and pretty bland. The drinks were nicely priced.

We loved the beauty and tranquility of the property. The decorations inside the lobby and throughout the hotel were amazing.

Place was beautiful.
    • Traditional King Room

First, it was the wrong hotel! Booking.com put me in the wrong hotel. This is a golf/spa resort, ranch style. Signage is "discreet", ie the worst in the world. Room was 3/4th of a mile from the entrance, food or anything. Got lost in the hallways, it seems they have an odd and even sides. No phones or help anywhere. Would have valet my car but way to far to get to. had to park in outside lot closest to the room. Which means I had to walk down stairs, up sidewalks and across the desert floor to get to my car. Never again

Place was beautiful.

The great hospitality from the staff
    • Traditional Room

If you are going to take on being open 24hrs for room service. Make sure the staff isn't sleeping. I had to return my ceaser salad because of no ceaser dressing

The great hospitality from the staff

the resort is amazing, good staff really good location.
    • Grand Deluxe Room

the resort is amazing, good staff really good location. you have everything you need in one place: amazing restaurant, comfortable rooms, 7 pools, gold, spa and more i really recommend this place for vacation or even staycation!

Beautiful place. Be sure to enjoy the flute music.
    • Traditional Room

A new building was being built beside the pool. The construction site and it's noise distracted from the experience. But they should be finished soon.

The resort is in a beautiful location. Go in Spring or Autumn when you can enjoy the outdoors.

The location was good for me.
    • Traditional Room

When I arrived at the registration desk, the hotel had no record of my reservation even when I presented them my confirmation number and other information from booking.com. They said I must be at the wrong hotel and sent me to another nearby one. I was not registered there either, and they sent me back to this hotel where they finally found my reservation. This ordeal knocked over an hour off my stay, and the lady registering me was nonchalant about it, saying "nobody's perfect." The room was okay but nothing special.

The location was good for me.

The restaurant seemed pricey, although we didn't eat...
    • Traditional Room

The restaurant seemed pricey, although we didn't eat there. They have a great golf course and pool. They also have a shuttle to the nearby casino which is what we were primarily interested in. Also, the hotel and grounds are very attractive and well appointed. All in all, a great place to stay a day or two.

Loved the room layout and the decor.
    • Traditional King Room

When we went to pull back the top sheet to get into bed there were what seemed like to be black makeup stains.

Loved the room layout and the decor.the veiw we had was beautiful besides the construction they were doing on an older fallen down bulding by the pool.the music when you walkin was very calm and relaxing.

Great facility. Great employees. Great experience. Thank you. Can't wait to go back again.
    • Deluxe Room

The only thing was the self parking. It was kinda a distance to the entrance. It would of been nice if they could pick you up from the parking lot and dropped you off at the front door because it was hot outside. Other than that I was very happy.

Everything was really nice. We would recommend it to all our friends and family. Thank you!

love the property and the location, this was our third year
    • Traditional Room

1 unpleasant woman at the front desk! I didn't have my spg number handy and she said no one from my state had an spg number and she couldn't look it up, she also was the unhelpful one -twice -when we wanted to extend our stay-her vocabulary was NO NO and NO. I did find my spg number and called down and someone nice answered and entered it for me. I'm not sure why if I at first booked online, I couldn't extend one night while on the premise, It seems they could have done a new reservation? Austin made it easy when I went down to get new room keys for the extra night

A staff member at the pool bar went way above and beyond to assist us after being ignored by servers standing right by us, unfortunately I can't recall his name but he saved me from complete anger at arrival - I didn't realize the pool bar was closed since there were people sitting at the bar and someone at the register. I didn't see him again during my stay-but I can't thank him enough!! Also Austin saved us in more ways than one, we were stuck in the elevator and there was a quick rescue! He was there to make sure we were ok. And after 2 visits to the front desk to extend our stay with only NO as answers, Austin helped more than I can say-I did book a new reservation on line again but-when I went down to the front desk again Miss NO NO wasn't there and it was an easy pleasant process to stay an extra night, which I am sure Austin arranged for a smoother process.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

facility and the room were great!
    • Deluxe Room

the desk staff, bellmen and most of the staff were great. but service by the pool was very slow, and the restaurant staff was not well organized even though it was a slow night

facility and the room were great!

The overall facility and staff were amazing.
    • Traditional Room

I can not saying there was anything my daughter and I did not like except that we had to go home and leave that little paradise.

The overall facility and staff were amazing. The Indian flute music playing lightly on the background made everything that more tranquil.

Prepare to be PAMPERED!
    • Grand Deluxe Room

The only negative, Later Sat night I tried to call the Front Desk ( Only to tell them We had been so pleased with the Stay we were blown away) but no one picked up. I'm sure they were busy Making someone else enjoy their stay:)

THE STAFF! The moment we got out of the car, from the bellmen (Marco), to check-in(Courtney), to the Lobby Bar wait staff (Many, but I only remember Julius and Brian) to poolside (Max and Kristen). The list goes on and on. Truly a TEAM EFFORT that did NOT go unnoticed.

Staff, food very good, property lovely.
    • Traditional Room

Probably the rates were somewhat high, given the distance to other places in Phoenix we wanted to visit.

Front desk clerk Emma was excellent; server Alex for a late breakfast on Sunday was very good

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Great property limited options in food for families
    • Deluxe Room

Not a great selection of food for families. Room service food was not great. Beds were uncomfortable, the A/C was not working properly.

The pool and property were wonderful. The staff at the family restaurant were ver nice.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Beautiful views in natural habitat. Out of the city"s noise and lights.
    • Deluxe Room

Would have liked better individual control of thermostat in room. Maybe ours just wasn't working well but it was too hot in the room to sleep comfortably.

Shower was maintained well and entire room was clean. Site was beautiful and all staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Nice stay for the meeting.
    • Traditional Room

I thought the price was a bit excessive and only because I could deduct expenses was I able to attend. There are few floors so the walk to and from the room was excessive. Walls were thin so I hear my next door neighbor all the time. You HAVE to WALK OUTDOORS to the spa or take a shuttle because it's NOT attached to the main building. Dining in the hotel is overpriced. You need a car to get to ANY other restaurants or ANY other attractions.

The catering was excellent for the meeting. We had continental breakfast every morning and a bag lunch every day which were both nice. Meeting rooms were large and well ventilated. Rooms were comfortable. Staff was pretty knowledgeable. Property itself was nicely appointed with decorations in the native southwest scheme and very tastefully done.

Pool.
    • Traditional Room

Pool. Did not have time to take advantage of other activities. So will be going back

I loved to see the sunset, and my son loved the movie night...
    • Traditional King Room

I loved to see the sunset, and my son loved the movie night by the pool

Staffing was very nice

Peaceful and beautiful

Staffing was very nice

Rodriguez vacation

Had to ask for a refrigerator, no microwave

Spa, pool bar.... friendly staff

Just the regular Arizona hotel
    • Traditional Room

Not worth the resort fees and room price

Amazing place with great views

Good food, great facilities

Not anything to mention

Quiet playing music Inthe lobby and hallways

Beautiful rooms and property

Friendly Staff

Older hotel - rooms were nice but dated

Older hotel - rooms were nice but dated

Wonderful experience from start to finish

Nothing other than only staying one night.

The bed was like a comfy. Room was great. Loved our stay.

It was a nice getaway me and my wife can’t wait to get back

Nothing,Everything was great

Awesome service from staff.
    • Traditional King Room

Awesome service from staff. Both nights we stayed at the casino and the valet device just picked us up and dropped us off.

Relaxing fun!
    • Traditional King Room

Nothing everything was awesome.

The entire staff were accommodating and friendly. Great, relaxing atmosphere.

it was nice ang quite

closer room to lobby

The bathroom was clean

No water

Rooms are very quiet and surroundings are so peaceful

Great time
    • Traditional Room

Everything was fine till the water went out

I can not say there is anything we didn't like

I can not say there is anything we didn't like

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Beautiful resort
    • Traditional Room

The hotel is a little maze like. Easy to get lost and I generally am pretty good with direction

Clean updated rooms

Excellent Memorial weekend getaway.

We loved the pool

We didn't have breakfast
    • Traditional Room

A little more economical menu/ more variety

We didn't have breakfast

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

they over chRgef me

they over chRgef me

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Hidden eden.
    • Traditional Room

Atmosphere was great. Employees kind, respectful, very helpful. I will be back

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Great overnight date with the wife!

All was very well done.

Excellent attention to detail from all we encountered.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

The place is nice and beautiful. Hope to come back but no thank you because of your menu and the pri
    • Grand Deluxe Room

Less choices on the menu and the price is high.

Very few choices on your menu. Not many choices and the price of your meal is expensive.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Relaxing location

Walls were a bit thin

Staff was very friendly and hotel was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

My favorite place to stay in Phoenix without a doubt!
    • Traditional Room

I couldn't stay another day

Beautiful accommodations incredible staff perfect location excellent food

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

I liked the walking path with the historical information,...

Choice of restaurants. It didn't appear any of them were that casual. We went into Chandler for dinner

I liked the walking path with the historical information, and the information on the different plants and trees

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

It was very difficult to locate the actual building our room...

It was very difficult to locate the actual building our room was in because it's extremely dark outside and there are no signs that offer directions.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2015

We got in rather late but all I really wanted to do was swim...

We got in rather late but all I really wanted to do was swim, unfortunately we were put on the complete other end of the premises and there was major construction so it was almost impossible to get to the pool area. I tried it but was exhausted before I even got close. Never even saw the pool. There was not anyway there without traipsing through the main lobby and up and down numerous stair cases. For someone with bad knees that did not work, plus I don't like to walk thru everyone in my swim outfits. Very disappointing. Would not stay there again. We paid the huge resort fee in addition to our high room fee but felt we got absolutely no value from the "resort".

• Reviewed: 15 August 2015

The bartender, and the room and suroundings

No full restaurant felt like we should have been told that the restaurant was being renovated before we booked room.

The bartender, and the room and suroundings

• Reviewed: 16 July 2015

Swimming pool wide with excellent opening times

Breakfast buffet very poor for its price Price not transparent as 25 $ per day added as supplement "green choice" I.E. choice to skip room cleaning, not correctly managed, as after having removed the tag on the door I still had no room cleaning in 48 h, till I asked twice

Swimming pool wide with excellent opening times

• Reviewed: 25 May 2015

The friendliness and helpfulness of the staff.

Having to drive that narrow winding road into the resort

The friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. We were greeted by absolutely every member with whom we came into contact. A friendly greeting makes all the difference. Thank you :)

• Reviewed: 20 January 2015

Place was nice, great pool

The room photos when booking the room lead me to believe that I was getting a room that had a sitting room as well. There were 3 pics, 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, and 1 sitting room. Why include pictures of things you aren't getting when you pull up room photos prior to booking a room. Very disappointed and would not reccommend!

Place was nice, great pool

• Reviewed: 6 January 2015

Facility was beautiful, liked the trails, etc.

Rooms have paper thin walls, we could hear everything neighbor said/did. Had to keep telling grandkids to quiet down for neighbors as their regular inside voice and TV on volume #10 could easily be heard by everyone through the walls. So although, we couldn't hear the tv show, the neighbor still complained about the tv volume. Will not go back again.

Facility was beautiful, liked the trails, etc.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2016

Loved the staff and accommodations

I didn't like the pillows and the food selection could be bigger

Loved the staff and accommodations

beautiful facility, quiet and very comfortable

beautiful facility, quiet and very comfortable

• Reviewed: 12 October 2015

Nice pool area.

Rude Waiter; food was marginal and expensive.

Nice pool area.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2015

It was a very pleasant stay

No complaints

It was a very pleasant stay

• Reviewed: 20 September 2015

I liked how nice the staff were and how clean the rooms were.

I liked how nice the staff were and how clean the rooms were.

• Reviewed: 15 September 2015

The property is beautiful and the service is amazing.

The property is beautiful and the service is amazing.

• Reviewed: 12 September 2015

The ability to do work and enjoy the pleasure of the resort

The ability to do work and enjoy the pleasure of the resort

• Reviewed: 22 August 2015

Super nice facility.

Super nice facility. Staff was friendly and helpful. Had a great time.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2015

The pool and spa is wonderful but they were ungoing...

The pool and spa is wonderful but they were ungoing construction and it was a very long "hike" from car to registration to room

• Reviewed: 24 May 2015

setting out on the balcony

setting out on the balcony

• Reviewed: 17 March 2015

Hands down the best resort I have stayed at.

Hands down the best resort I have stayed at.

There are also 39 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.