Reviews of Clarion Hotel Orlando International Airport 3 stars

3835 McCoy Road, Orlando, FL 32812, USA

#332 of 407 hotels in Orlando

6.2

1.Convenience store closes at 1:00pm. 2.Building rear entrance door always unlocked (security issue). 3. Dirty or stained carpet in room. Poor TV reception.

Coffee at room and Lobby area.

They need to change the meats . all they had was turkey sausage no pork or beef. After the second day I was tire of the same meat. How bout some pork bacon and pork and turkey

very tired, poor quality bathroom, tub and sink , tile and countertop all painted over as a renovation, dirty carpet, drink vending machine empty. unlockable sliding door to balcony

main floor concourse and bar area, although it was closed.

Microwave in the room was broken, seemed to be a little understaffed as Check in took quite a long time.

Loved the free airport shuttle and the simplicity of the process.

Loud A/C. Very poor breakfast (even for American standards). Bathroom could be better.

Location - close to airport (this was exactly what we needed at that time). Large room.

There were people arguing in the hallways all night long. The rooms were dirty. Mildew and paint peeling in the bathroom. Then to top off all those wonderful things we had roaches in our room as well.

Nothing it was a horrible experience from the get-go we were supposed to have an early check-in we had a little baby girl that we times it by the time we got to the hotel it was time for her nap then we had to keep her up for over another hour because they didn't have a room ready even though they said they would then they wouldn't accept the credit card we book the hotel under because it didn't have a name on it so then we had to use another credit card and then after we checked out they charge both credit cards we got to the room the fridge didn't work the tub was destroyed the girl at the reception desk Vanessa had a lot of attitude was nasty was rude that acted extremely unprofessional I don't know how they have a person like that working in a Hospitality job and this all happened on Father's Day which ruined most of our day because we couldn't stop thinking and talking about it other than being charged twice and of course that's going to screw up all of our bills for the week cuz now we have to wait for one of the charges to fall off by far Vanessa was the worst customer service hospitality experience I've ever seen and witnessed in my life she should be fired

The staff was extremely rude, both at night and during the day. Upon check-in, I was asked for my credit card. The agent never explained she was charging the entire stay on my card. I knew there was a nightly deposit and you're charged after check-out. Unfortunately, I gave my debit card, instead of a credit card. When checking out, I asked for help, there was no manager on duty and the girl Vanessa was extremely unhelpful. Will not be returning.

The parking, I think they need a special parking area for trucks with trailers, they use like 6 parking spot for one trailer

Breakfast was good, room was really clean and confortable

The breakfast was free but it was not good. The lobby set up false expectations for the room appearance. If I could have slept in the lobby, it would have been better. One elevator was not working and the other elevator was noisy and took me to the fifth floor instead of the fourth.

The lobby was bomb; it had a piano bar and was really nice. The location was great, close to the airport.

Rooms were gross, shower design was plugged with hair, lobby with bar right outside of room, super noisy. Customer service was just that. Felt like no one there had any hospitality training. Tv remote was busted. Air conditioning unit was archaic and super loud and rattling

Honestly, nothing. The bar near the room can be viewed as convenient I guess.

This property was so run down. Was not clean and the painted tile in the bathroom was coming off. Pool was not clean hair balls was bad. Was afraid to have breakfast. Couldn’t wait to leave. Would not stay again!!

The room numbers were confusing and when we checked in @ 2am, the staff did not give clear directions and we walked around in circles tired & confused. also when we called the front desk to change our airport shuttles time from when we originally checked in, no one answered the phone (around 4am) we called from both the room phone or and our cell phones SEVERAl X’s....it was a real hassle at 8am when someone did answer to change to the 10am shuttle!

The first room had bugs the toilet didn't work. The second room had mold and hard beds with a small t.v

I like one of the women who worked there was very nice.

Naturally, hotels bring in all different kinds of guests. As we came in from a back entrance, there were at least 10 men drinking and smoking right outside. Not a great sight for the kids.

Service was great and helpful.

Bus shuttle not as reserved we wait for next on one lady almost miss flight.

Location near airport. Facilities according to the price. Stuff of the hotel were nice.

Everything. This was the worst place I have ever stayed at. There was no help when you needed it. The shuttle drivers they hire are ridiculous. Late to pick you up and make you put your own bags in and take them out and yell at you when you don’t give them a tip for terrible service.

I didn’t like anything. Shuttle drivers were rude.

Breakfast wasn't that great. Scrambled eggs were watery. There were ants crawling over the cheese cakes.

Room was clean and had all basic facilities include TV, coffee machine and refrigerator. Beds were nice and fluffy.

It was ok I really didn't like it I asked to be switched to another room and they didn't get back with me or anything the room looked like it needed to look a lot more nicer and more tidy there was a huge table there gor no reason like I wasn't pleased I know I got a discount through booking.com but I still shouldve been accommodated more properly..

Jus the hotel not the room

The coffee machine didnt work when i checked in. Called front desk they said they would send somebody up. Nobody ever showed up. Called front desk in the morning they asked when i was going to check out. I told himm im leaving the next day. He replied "ok you might get one." Really???? Finally the housekeeper came i asked her and she gave me one and even made sure it worked before she left. Also breakfast there wasnt very much of a choice. She made the same thing two days in a row.

The pool area was nice. The house keeper i had was very helpful.

Checked in at 1130pm took 45mins. Debris (food crumbs, fake fingernails, dead bugs) on the carpet leading the room. Mildew and marijuana smell in the room. COCKROACHES everywhere in the room. It was DISGUSTING!!!!

The availability of an airport shuttle

Rude staff, daily room key renewal, 15 minute wait on face towels replacement, outdated computers, amenities not easily accessible and most breakfast items tasted awful. Limited shuttle service.

Pricing and close to airport.

being without transportation due to a mishap a restaurant nearby or inside would have been appreciated

coming from Az. the rains came and I sat out on the alcove and listened and enjoyed the beautiful landscape all around the Clarion it was blissful.I felt like I was in Hawaiian Gardens so well maintained

THE ROOM WAS AT THE END OF THE HALLWAY CORNER ..IT WAS VERY NOISY AND THE TRAFFIC OF THE HOUSE KEEPING AND OTHER GUEST WAS VERY LOUD..THE BATHROOM SHOWER WAS BROKEN AND THE DOOR LOCK WAS BROKEN AS WELL.

DID NOT LIKE THE END OF THE HALLWAY ROOM.

The main entrance was very relaxing and nice. The staff was very helpful and saw that I was traveling with two kids they gave me a 1st floor room. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The kids fell right to sleep after they bathed. The pool was very nice. They have a hot tub a baby pool which was good for me and a regular pool 3ft to 8ft. Overall we enjoyed our stay. This will be my hotel choice when I come visit every other week

Could use a little paint in hallways, especially on corners where the walls get banged a lot. But overall pretty clean and nice.

Great location near the airport and very reasonably priced.

Every time I left my room I had to stop at the front desk to have them redo my room key because it stopped working. That was extremely annoying. They did not provide a 'do not disturb' sign in the room and when asked at the front desk they did not have any. They said housekeeping would bring one, but never did. Housekeeping seemed to have random hours which was annoying but they were kind and as long as you had the top lock, locked, they wouldn't enter unannounced. Gift shop was barely ever open.

Room was nice. Grounds were clean. Overall, staff was friendly. The restaurant served good food for a good price. The bar area was really nice and quiet. The pool and jacuzzi areas were also very nice and clean.

- Room smell with humidity and switching on AC didn’t help, just gave smell of dust. - Because of my own mistake I had to get the earlier bus shuttle at the airport. One lady at the reception said it was not a problem. So I have waited until the shuttle time, then waited because it was late (25 min) and at the end there was no space in the bus for me. I understand that you have to sign for it the day before. But if there is a risk that there might be no space left you should inform about it. I would take a taxi without waiting for late bus, especially I was short in time. It was just such a stressful situation.

- Localization - Free transport from / to airport

From the receptionist, to the room, etc. from check-in the AC didn't work in the first room, receptionist was argumentative with my husband due to she didn't believe the AC was working, we had to wait in the hot room until maintenance came in did what he had to do then report back that THE AC ISN'T WORKING.

The bathroom

Breakfast was great, we originally booked a double queen bed room and switched over to a king size. However we were told we had a shower. It was a handicapped bathroom and the shower's water went everywhere. Not ideal. The hotel room looks decent but definitely not like in the picture.

Cleaning service the phone in my room was not working i had no towels on my second day no shampoo no coffer bathroom over flood but front desks to care of the problem by calling house keeping..

The staff in the front desk very helpful and polite..The bed very comfortable..

Minor problem. No hair trap over bathtub drain and when I realized my gold earring gently opened when caught on face cloth, watched it wash down shower drain.

No outside noise. Comfortable and large rooms.

When you walked into the hotel it's beautiful up until you get to the rooms.. it was nothing like the pictures and run down. One of the workers walked into our room without knocking. The balcony door was falling apart and wouldn't lock. It was a very unpleasant stay. I didn't feel safe at all.

Not thrown away my personal belongings, and work with staff on their customer skills. Again staff was very rude.

It was very loud at night ALL night at the pool, up until 5 am. the worst thing was the cleaning staff threw away some of my personal belongings! I went to housekeeping and manager, said they would get back with me. I went to a wedding on Saturday and when we got back to the room they threw away my dress garment bag and my new shoes box. I was very upset and don't understand why they did this. I had put the shoe box on top of a safe they had in the room and my garment bag was up top hanging. Staff is rude to everyone

Curtains had brown stuff on them- looked like poop. And they were obviously dirty. There was nasty stuff inside the lamp shade. Our room was right beside the pool, noisy people there till late.

Comfortable bed and pillows

My room was in a horrible location, next to the emergency exit stairwell, where people were coming and going all night, which was noisy as the door slammed each time. Within the room, I discovered roaches, which came out from under the tv when I turned it on. Wouldn't recommend this property if you want sleep and somewhere clean.

The worst I’ve ever been too. People are kinda rude. The keys to the doors kept messing up and they got really snippy every time we had to ask them to reactivate them. The doors to go to the balcony won’t open.

The room, the lighting outside, the facilities

Foyer looks great but rooms look like they were last renovated in 1978. Light right outside our window made it impossible to sleep-aka daylight and exit door by our room kept banging. Only good thing was the pillow.

Party of loud vulgar people under our room window at pool-side till 4am. No security checking grounds to control such behavior. No sleep the whole night.

Everything about the hotel, building, fixtures carpeting etc was extremely outdated and dirty. The Clarion looks like it was once a very grand place however it has been neglected and not updated. What a shame to let such an awesome place get so rundown.

I liked the style of the hotel and the fact that it offered a restaurant, and gift shop, and the pool area was large. It certainly was a very good value. I would stay there again and look forward to the place being updated.

Continental breakfast was very average. Packaged pancakes, sausage, pastries. Very limited food choices in hotel or within walking distance. Mattress/ pillows stiff. Noisy...,Children/teens using hot tub located just below my room window until 10 pm.

friendlg staff. Clean ( but older) facilities. Price was reasonable.

The in-room air conditioners sound like freight trains = no sleep An overwhelming smell of toxic cleaning products = burning eyes and nose Rooms were decrepit and nothing like the photos. Curtains half hanging from tracks. Service at the front desk was unfriendly and extremely slow. Dead cock roach welcomed us to our room.

Although the price is cheap, I did expect to be able to get some sleep. No luck.

My room was out dated with poor cleaning services, I had my next door neighbors fighting ALL NIGHT & no night staff answered the phone at the front desk to help solve the issue. The restaurant closed before 8:00pm. I couldn’t get food service other than outside the hotel at Anthony Pizza 🍕 and the entire got food poisoning and was sick all night into the next day and the messed are order up and never fixed it or called back to make it right!!!

Customer care was great at check in and check out!!!

The room was all the way in the back of the hotel. This section is not very pretty like the lobby and front rooms. It smelled unpleasant and there were roaches in my room.

The entrance and lobby area are very pretty. The bed was comfortable

First room phone and bath wall plug did not work. No hair dryer until requested room was a little dingy. Requested different room and was satisfactory. The shops at the hotel were not open. Would probably look at another facility when I return.

The bar or restaurant would close early if business slow. And you couldn't really reach the rental car service.

Customer service by Vanessa was great! And the updated rooms was comfortable but still need work.

We had an early flight and we asked for a wake up call.It never came. Thank goodness we had a back up plan!!!!

The food was outstanding!!!! convenient to the airport.

The sheets were stained and there wasn't much of an option for food within walking distance.

Close to the airport. Free shuttle to the airport. Friendly staff. Pool and hot tub were open. Free breakfast.

The shuttle service was poor. We got to the airport called and was told the shuttle stop working. And was told you have to get your own transportation to the hotel. No provision was made to provide alternate transport. When we got there we ask about getting the shuttle to take us back to the airport and was told the shuttle was full and we has to again get a taxi to take us back k to the airport. It cost us an extra $40 for a 3 hrs stay.We were not very happy with the shuttle service.

The room was great. The bed was bug free.

The rooms were a little dated. They don’t reflect the modern updates in the common areas.

Great price for what you get. The lobby and restaurants were really nice.

I have a really bad Experience when i get there..no security close to the entry and my daugther and me was organizing our things in the car when a man came close to the car ( really close)and started began to practice sexual things there (in himself) and then left with his car and stayed around the hotel and watching us sort things out. I was very scared after this fact, I observed that the security in the place is really bad and all this happened in the area of ​​the hotel where the luggage is unloaded.

Anything.

They messed up our room because we paid for a balcony but, we got a room without one, also when we first got into our room a worker walked in our room did not knock or was even aware that we were inside very unprofessional.

The staff helped us switch out our room we had to wait about an hour and a half but it worked out.

I didn’t like that booking.com said I would have a balcony and when I went and checked in it didn’t. Our room wasn’t the most updated and the microwave was missing a foot and the mini fridge didn’t work at first until we moved it and used a different plug.

The breakfast was good and the pool was nice.

laundry too expensive for just wanting to do small load. would have been nice to choose small or large load and be charged accordingly. no information in room about places to dine outside of hotel. no instructions on the coffee pot. i thought it was broken; i just didn’t go thru steps the right way.

i got a bottom floor room by pool, also right by laundry and ice. Lots of pillows, very comfortable bed!

Staff were a bit unattentive due to high call volume at the front desk. Can't blame them but the hotel in general ought to have a better phone system in place.

Stay was cheap, bed was comfy, and room had a nice view.

I never heard of a motel doing rehabilitating a motel at 10 at night until the morning hours, HOW RUDE!!! I'm sure no one was told that until there booking was confirmed, but by the time I knew it was too late to cancel.

The big room.

We arrived to the property not greeted from front desk staff. We had to wait for 1.5 hrs to check in. We were with children and very tired. We were very disappointed with our experience here.

We liked that this hotel was close to the airport it was convenient to travel with the family

nightstaff looked bored and unfriendly, Tv didn't work, checked in at 1:30 am did call front desk no answer and went to bed, iron board was broken, room very dated and dirty, breakfast was terrible, sausage overcooked, hashbrowns hard, pancakes ok, checkout staff not cheerful at all, and didn't inquiry about my stay.

Over all happy with the service and the front desk assistant was very professional. I will recommend this location to my friends. Keep up the good work!!!

The air conditioner did not get cold enough. My son & I kept waking up because it was hot :( Other than that, it was what I expected for the price. We only needed to stay over night to get to the airport the next morning.

This property is ‘tired’ needs upgrades. Noisy, can hear people talking in the halls, doors slamming because they’re not adjusted to close quietly. Lobby is spacious but stark. Needs warmer colors not all gray and white with a color splash here and there. Room was clean. Air conditioner loud and inadequate to cool room entire room. It had to run 24 hours To maintain a reasonable temperature in the room. Drapes were torn, room key worked intermittently, had to have many replaced.

Staff was helpful, polite but under stress. Free coffee all day with flavored creamers. Breakfast was average for price of room.

overpriced ! given a handicap room.. hotel out dated for price. gift shop for snacks way over priced. walk across street to 7-11 pay 1/2 price. .all you need to know is during my stay half the parking lot was taken up by local road crew for their workers to stay at.

close to airport

Room a bit aged out but fine overall. Need more lights.

10 minutes from airport. Free shuttle. Big swimming pool with kids pool and a jacuzzi on the side. Huge lobby and sitting area. Worth more towards rate listed.

could not eat breakfast due to my early fishing trip but where they had coffee and tea for guest was not stocked. some of the coffee were out and not hot water for me to make tea.

the comfort of the bed were good.

Staff at front desk was extremely rude and unaccomodating. She was a heavyset African American girl with long hair. I had to leave at 5:45am the next morning to catch an early flight. Since we weren’t going to get the breakfast that’s included in our stay due to our early departure, I asked for a small carton of milk so I could give my daughter breakfast before we left the next morning. I had some dry cereal packed and just needed milk. The front desk person described above was very rude and told me she didn’t have access to milk. Whether that’s true or not, I expected her to be polite. No smile, no apology, nothing. You should really evaluate the people you have working at your front desk area. They are the first to greet your customers as they enter, or in your hotel’s case NOT greet them. There was another girl training but it was only her second day on the job. Every time she tried to help me, the other girl interrupted and overrode her. Hoping the senior girl’s horrible disposition and customer service does not rub off on the new girl.

The water and coffee at the entrance with the flavored creamers was outstanding. Very nice to have with a late check in.

There was a large stain on the carpet that looked as though it could have been removed, but then again, maybe it was a permanent stain.

Overall, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the room was very clean.

1st room that was in smelled very heavenly of smoke

nice hotel inside and lobby décor was great!! 2nd room was very spacious and up to date. love concept of room being inside and can view the beautiful lobby bar.

Hello Mr El Bawab, I am writting this email regarding the horrible expérience we had yesterday night in your hotel. First we waited more than 1h at the airport for the shuttle. 2nd a lady come and wake up during the night to bring towel. 3rd a women kick and shout on the door for 45 minutes, the Phone in our bedroom was not working so we had to use our personnal phone to call the security. Security arrived something like 30 minutes after and argue with the women for a long time. She was really noisy and we ask several times to the women to calm down but she did not listen to us. I am righting this e mail to see how Clarion could compensate us regarding what just happened. I really hope we can find an agreement because what happened yesterday night is not what we paid for.

Nothing really other then they put us in the wrong room when we checked in but they fixed it right away.

The property was very nice nicer then expected from the pictures. Really enjoyed the stay.

Carpet on floor badly stained. No plug for bath. Bath tap broken, rotated- couldn't get cold water. Very thin blanket on bed so was cold.

Big lobby, clean, attractive. Good breakfast. Good shuttle service to Orlando airport

The room was in terrible shape. So was the bathroom. Stark contrast to the entrance and lobby. Not very clean, paint, carpet, curtains and furniture in bad shape and the bed was hard as a rock. If they updated the rooms then it would be a much better property.

Lobby and lounges are beautiful. Parking is adequate. Location next to the airport is great.

The shower water temperature was hard to control, bathroom was not as clean as it could have been. The in-room coffee machine was inadaquit. Breakfast was not served until 7am, we had to leave at 6:30.

The bed was comfy and the air conditioner was quiet.I slept like a baby. Good value.

Rooms were not clean. Mildew all throughout the rooms and you could feel the dampness while walking in the hallways. I switched rooms 3 times and the last room was the absolute worse. Holes in the wall of my room. Checked in and checked out within 45 min of arrival. Renovations are said to have started back in 2016. It’s 2018. Oh yeah, missing buttons on the phone.

Staff. Friendly and willing to help.

The Restarant can be vastly improved with more selection of meals

The hotel was good value for the money paid and the staff were friendly and efficient.

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night after flying into Orlando Airport. The images this hotel shows to advertise their property got me hook line and sinker. When entering the hotel, the lobby is beautiful and looks newly remodeled. Even the walk to our room was nice and then we opened the door.... our room was like something out of a horror movie. The carpet had huge stains all over it, the TV took so long to program that we went to sleep without it ever turning on. The bathroom was disgusting and worn out and when my husband finally got up the nerve to take a shower, it didn't even work. No water whatsoever. We only stayed for 1 night and were in a bit of a hurry so when we checked out and complained about how disappointed we were and that we had no water, the woman at the desk just said: "I'm sorry to hear that." and handed us our bill after fully charging our credit card. Didn't offer a discount, a manager, a phone number for corporate, NOTHING. They made zero effort to rectify.