Reviews of Kimpton Shorebreak Huntington Beach Resort 4 stars

500 Pacific Coast Highway , Huntington Beach, CA 92648, USA

#2 of 16 hotels in Huntington Beach

Had a great time!!!
    • Oceanview 2 Doubles Balcony

I thought I was getting a room with a full view of the beach, I brought my sister in law who has cancer and the one thing she wanted was to enjoy the beach. I did ask if they had any rooms with a full view of the beach and they were all full.

The great customer service.

Great beach get away location but bring your own bikes!
    • Deluxe Suite King

We were told about the appetizers and drinks in the lobby at check in but they were not anywhere in sight, so we missed out! Parking was expensive and not included in the price of the room! We were told all the bikes were signed out and there were ten bikes just parked against the wall ! I think they should have a better system for using the cruising bikes. I guess people can sign them out and use them when they feel like it, meanwhile other guests miss out using them!!!!! Cucina Alessa - this restaurant was recommended but the man at the restaurant reception desk very rude and not at all welcoming to Shorebreak customers, beware!!!!

We had a great room with the best view from our patio! Workout room was nice and well equipped with climbing rock wall! Location is worth the price !

Amazing!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The above and beyond service for my best friend's birthday was so thoughtful - the staff surprised us with a bottle of wine, cheese board, and a handwritten card. The staff overall was incredible. Also, I loved the wine night and smores!

I love the shore break hotel!!!
    • Deluxe Suite King

I love this hotel!!! Cameron is one of the nicest people I’ve ever met! My wife and I came back a little tippsy and he made sure we got to our room safely. Not only is the staff hospitable they actually care! The bartenders are amazing and even the management was awesome! We had the pleasure of meeting one and his wife and they were awesome! Thank you for the awesome stay it’s always amazing!

The accommodations at the Shorebreak were outstanding.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The only complaint I have, is after we had checked out, it took forever for the valet to retrieve our vehicle. Apparently they were short staffed on Sunday, and I understand, but when two other people received their vehicles ahead of us, that we were in front of I the line, that was very frustrating. Everything else was great!

The accommodations at the Shorebreak were outstanding. This place was amazing from the location to spotless room with an open walk-in shower to the location overlooking one of the main thoroughfares to its proximity to the beach, shopping, restaurants! There were also plenty of things to do at the hotel itself. Unfortunately we were only there for one day and didn't get to experience the restaurant, the bike rental or any of the other amazing amenities at the hotel. When we go back, we will definitely be staying at the Shorebreak from now on!

The entire staff was amazing.
    • Oceanview 2 Doubles Balcony

For the price we already pay I didn't think we should have had to pay for parking as well.

The entire staff was amazing. It was a nice home like feeling. And the location is prime.

very tough to reserve a bike until our last day - there does...
    • Oceanview 2 Doubles Balcony

very tough to reserve a bike until our last day - there does not appear to be any consideration for how long people can keep the bikes and for the first few days - we could not get a bike all day long.

Cool place but won't stay again.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I wasn't told about the check in deposit, nor the $30 fee, nor that I had to pay $35 to park at the hotel. My room had some loud buzzing/vibration noise behind the wall the whole night, making it hard to sleep. The water bottle was $4.

Beautiful interior, great gym and restaurant.

Cool and relaxing place to stay

Very nice staff and a fun place to stay. Hip bar with free drink and smores hour. Lots of people hanging out in the lounge area. Free bike rental too.

Better than any Vegas hotel you’ve ever stayed at

There’s nothing that I didn’t like. I don’t wanna stay at any other hotel in Orange County

Super dog friendly hotel- they have complimentary dog beds and food bowls. If you need poop bags, they have it at the front desk. They were so beyond accommodating and I’m completely blown away. Cameron at the front desk was so attentive and always had a positive answer to all of our questions. So much bang for your buck. I am going to tell everyone that this is the best hotel in Orange County if you’re traveling with you’re traveling with your dog- they also have dog sitters that they would happily refer if you wanna go out and enjoy Huntington Beach without having to worry about your pups!

Beautiful hotel and location. Kimpton hotels are wonderful almost always.
    • Oceanfront King

It’s pricey for sure.

Room was gorgeous and had an incredible ocean view. All the extra touches are wonderful...beach bikes, s’mores on the outside patio, wine hour, etc.

Very recommendable
    • Deluxe Queen Room

A bit fresh at night so heating could be switched on or Windows better isolated & Wi-Fi was chargeable

Super cool hotel nice friendly staff, downtown & at the beach

My stay was memorable! Loved it
    • Standard Room

I had everything I needed!

I enjoyed that everything I needed was in walking distance. It was raining during my stay so I did not get to enjoy some of the outside activities. The bar and dinning was nice and comfortable. I definitely enjoyed my view and my room! I was impressed there was an umbrella in the room. I would definitely stay again!! I also forgot a bag and they quickly reached out to me before I left the building. I also misplaced my chapstick and they kindly gave me one. Great customer service!!

stayed for 10 hours paid way too much for off season no view from my room, and made my account overd
    • Deluxe Queen Room

room seemed cramped and very young mismatched decor,parking was extra and they didnt charge my debit card until almost a week later

the restaraunt was booked no reservations available

Loved it loved it loved it!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Everything was so comfortable this is probably the most comfortable I’ve ever been at a hotel or motel. The staff were so helpful in finding restaurants or bike paths that we were looking for it was an excellent experience all around.

Relaxing, FUN, perfect location.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Parking costs $35 BUT we found free parking close by so it worked out.

The amenities. Free bikes, ping pong, awesome gym and rock wall. Surf board racks, location. Overall feel and vibe is wonderful.

Wonderful experience
    • Deluxe 2 Double Beds

Loved the beach decor and feel of this hotel and the extras that this hotel Provides like s’mores in the evening and beach towels and chairs for the beach. Even beach cruisers to ride around town. The staff is extra friendly and accomadating for an early check in.

Good place to unplug
    • Deluxe Queen Room

the restaurant has kind of a chaotic system where you might get several servers throughout your meal. This just lends to error, forgotten drinks, cutlery, reminding them of stuff... otherwise the food was good and the pooch was welcome on the porch patio area.

The restaurant is good, with an ocean view and a menu for dogs. The hotel has wonderful design and lots of extras, like hot cocoa and marshmallow roasting at firepits, as well as free bikes to borrow and boogie boards. It was actually nice to hang out on the property and just relax.

I had so much fun, hotel is near everything!
    • Oceanview 2 Doubles Balcony

There wasn’t anything I didn’t like.

I loved the view from the room, partial ocean view and partial city view from balcony. The large shower was luxurious. I also loved all the amenities included in the room and the amenities they offered guest such as, wine hour, free bike rentals and also the lovely outside lounge area with fire pits to relax and make s’mores! Definitely a lot to do to stay entertained. Hotel is right in the middle of everything. Didn’t need to use my car to go anywhere, walked to surrounding restaurants, bars and stores. Staff was amazing as well! They did their best to make sure my stay was wonderful. Will definitely keep this place in mind whenever I want a little get away near the beach.

Great property right on the beach.
    • Oceanfront King

The oceanfront rooms offer great views, but can be noisy due to nonstop traffic along the PCH.

Great property right on the beach. Spacious clean rooms, cool common areas. Just a short 2-minute walk to Main St. with restaurants, bars and cafes, and at the same time right in Huntington Beach. Great gym a bonus.

Perfect staycation or vacation spot.
    • Deluxe Suite King

Great location for the HB area. Super pet friendly, complete with dog treats at check-in. Comfy beds too. Coffee in the lobby in the am and wine in the pm. Parking is expensive but it's safe and secure.

Great dog vacation!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Paying resort fee AND $35 per day parking fee.

Totally pet friendly. The front desk staff always greeted our dog by name! They heave dog treats at valet and front desk!

Great Stay
    • Oceanview 2 Doubles Balcony

This was no doubt the best accommodation we had during our honeymoon road trip in the west coast. The hotel is really good located, just in front of the pier with great views. It offers everything you need to enjoy Huntington Beach (bikes, bodyboards, towels, etc). The environment here it is fantastic, and I would like to specially mention the staff, that is fantastic. It was our honeymoon and they congratulate us with Cava and chocolate without even asking about it. Leo at the Front Desk was so helpful in everything we need during our 3 days. We will hopefully come back!

as mentioned at the start probably won't stay again
    • Deluxe Queen Room

as mentioned before, free parking would have been nice. $80.00 on top of $900.00, really! also felt like a slap in the face with the" honor system" snack tray and mini bar. and seems like anything else from beach towels to bikes was extra! and I'm all for pet friendly but in the restaurant? I have three at home and they are like my kids instead of pets but even if I had taken them, I would not have taken them into an eating establishment!!!

the overall stay was nice. probably wouldn't stay again, just a little too pricey. yes just a block from pier, and beach right across the street but so were others for less. the staff was great, a smile and good morning from everyone associated with the hotel was very welcoming.

Very comfortable stay, fun experience.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I like to use the stairs to get to and from my room, rather than the elevator. Despite being only 1 or 2 flights from the rooms to the lobby, guests are forced to take the elevators. The elevators were slow and in my case, really far from the room. The stairs opened only to the street, not the lobby.

Great extras like bikes, s'mores, happy hour.

Absolutetly incredible!!
    • Deluxe 2 Double Beds

I wish they had better promotional prices, I feel like we got our monies worth but I definitely didn't like paying for as much as I did. I wish they had a pool, or at least a hot tub but it didn't break our stay.

The room was spacious, we had a gorgeous view of the beach and pier, comfortable beds and pillows, friendly accommodating staff, and wonderful accommodations.

A very comfortable stay in a lively neighbourhood with lots to do. The extras the hotel offered were
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The parking for one night amounted to $40 which was more than listed on booking.com site. Maybe we missed a trick to get a discount as went straight in to the car park and paid upon exit but the staff did not tell us if there was a discounted parking rate so this is an assumption.

The staff were very friendly, we made use of the free bikes, towels and chairs to take down to the beach during our stay, we also loved roasting smores over the fire pits in the courtyard which were all complimentary in the price.

Loved it, very relaxing.
    • Oceanview 2 Doubles Balcony

The staff was absolutely fantastic and very friendly. Had us laughing every time we walked by the front desk. Beach chairs are very nice. Loved the Smores in the evening. Nice wine hour.

Noisy staff members ruined my stay
    • Deluxe Queen Room

They need a pool. For the resort fee, it doesn't really include much! The gym is interesting...it's very dark and there are things that are not really practical, such as a a rock-climbing wall, yet only one treadmill. The biggest disappointment was the noise from staff members on my level - possibly cleaners. Throughout the day, they were so noisy talking and messing around and unprofessional. I was jet-lagged and trying to get some sleep, but kept getting disturbed. They didn't even try and keep it down after I told them, and it kept happening. In addition, on the day I was due to check out, I forgot to out the 'Do not disturb' sign on, so a cleaner was banging on my door early in the morning. There should be a process where they check if you have checked out, otherwise, don't disturb the guest. Will I be back? Based on this, no!

Food at the restaurant was very good.

Kimpton Shorebreak was awesome-friendly, super helpful staff, beautiful decor
    • Oceanview 2 Doubles Balcony

The only thing that I didn't like would have to be lack of a pool and hot tub. However that was only because of my kids

The ato sphere of Shorebreak was modern but laid back with a really cool vibe. It felt both family friendly as well as hip enough for the younger crowd. We loved it!

Kids loved the table tennis, giant chess board and cooking...
    • Accessible Courtyard 2 bed/2 bath Suite

Kids loved the table tennis, giant chess board and cooking endless S'mores on the fire pits. Parents enjoyed the daily wine hour! The two bedroom, two bathroom suite was perfect for our family of 5. Hotel had bikes, beach chairs, volleyballs, umbrellas, boogie boards and even buckets and spades for guests to borrow and take to the beach. Relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Staff great.

Great hotel with the best staff ever
    • Ocean View King with Balcony

Everything was great during our stay in Shorebreak Hotel! The staff was very friendly, the room was perfect (what a view!) and the beach is literally across the street. It really went beyond our expectations.

We booked a room with bath tub and view of ocean.
    • Oceanview 2 Doubles Balcony

We booked a room with bath tub and view of ocean. When we checked in, they gave us a room with neither. This caused a big fluff at the front desk and got us off to a bad start at your hotel

Excellent hotel on the beach with an excellent vibe.

Couldn't fault it.

Social hour was great, complimentary drinks which were great to enjoy around the fire pit. Hotel had a fantastic vibe, staff were very friendly and the bar and restaurant excellent. Location spot on. Absolutely loved our stay here.

Nice place to stay for a few days while visiting friends in the Huntington Beach area.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The property appeared to be on the beach in pictures on the site I booked the hotel! Very misleading. Over priced once all the additional services added up for a property across the street from the beach.

People were genuine.

A great location in buzzy Huntingdon Beach.
    • Oceanview 2 Doubles Balcony

A great location in buzzy Huntingdon Beach. The hotel has a lovely atmosphere - for families and dogs! A very relaxing hotel and although there is a lot going on outside in the streets, bars and restaurants, the rooms are well insulated, quiet and restful. We had a great stay.

Fun stay in surf city!
    • Oceanview 2 Doubles Balcony

Even though we left any notice off the door, the cleaning crew never serviced the room until we called at night for clean towels.

We enjoyed the wine hour. We thought that was a nice touch. The water bars were great too.

PERFECT PLACE TO STAY FOR 4TH OF JULY

ROOM SERVICE WAS CLOSED TOO EARLY

PERFECT LOCATION TO SPEND THE 4TH OF JULY. MAIN STREET, PACIFIC CITY, THE BEACH, SHOPPING, RESTAURANTS ARE ALL SHORT WALKING DISTANCES. NEVER NEEDED MY CAR TO GET ANYWHERE IN DTHB.

To much $$

Over charge a little bit for what they offer, had breakfast for guest added into bill ($12 per person) went to ask where it was an they said it was just coffee an tea... that's not breakfast and not $12. I called before checking in to ask about my payment an how I could pay they told me one thing and when I got there told me something completely different...little things add up.

I will not return, not good enough for the money!
    • Oceanfront Suite King

Very noisy from constant traffic particularly motor cycles , they should change the toilet! I am 5 ft. 5" tall and it was very low. I think it's meant for a 6 year old!🙃

Friendly staff, very pet friendly, good bed and good housekeeping.

EXCEPTIONAL BOUTIQUE HOTEL - 4 STARS ALL THE WAY... Actually 5!!!
    • Deluxe 2 Double Beds

It was kind of "wonky" getting to the lobby then to our room. Had to take two elevators. That is the only negative.

The Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel is a dog friendly - family friendly "resort" boutique hotel. The staff was exceptional; the room was exceptional and they provided beach chairs and towels at NO additional charge to take to the beach, which was only one block away. They also had fresh lemon/orange/blueberry water to drink in the lobby. They had s'more kits to roast at their fire pit in the evening. We will definitely stay their again and I recommend it to any and all that are looking for lodging in Huntington Beach.

Pet friendly, and Guest friendly
    • Deluxe 2 Double Beds

Valet parking is expensive ($35 a day) when local car park is $17 maximum. No seating in our twin-double-bed room except for a metal desk-chair - so the beds get used as seats too.

With their rewards program (free) there is free wifi. Bikes to borrow, table tennis, free wine and smores hour, and free coffee in the morning (although TBH we tended to miss all the freebies as we were either out or still in bed!!) Very friendly staff who go out of their way to help (with the exception of the bar staff - but maybe I caught them on a bad day!)

The place to come to renew your soul
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Really nothing to complain about A beautiful hotel - great staff- by the Pacific Ocean- ALL GOOD!

Staff was so kind and friendly. Tea/coffee and especially the juice shots were all so very good😊

Great hotel in a great city :-)
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Bed could be a little harder, but that's just my personal opinion.

Nice flair, close to the beach, friendly staff. Free bikes, and beach equipment. Really enjoyed the wine hour ;-)

I thought the staff was friendly and helpful.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I am a Karma member and Kimpton has been one of my favorite hotel chains because they are dog friendly; in fact, we have stayed at Kimptons in Washington, Oregon, and California. However, this time so many "expenses" were added that the bargain of $229 showed up on my bank statement as $438.46. (We bought one breakfast at $14 with a 10 off Karma card.) My husband didn't know about the added on fees, so he upgraded for a view for $40. The amenities are few, the building is in a kitsch neighborhood and the door is an elevator. It's the least attractive among all the Kimptons and the most expensive.

I thought the staff was friendly and helpful.

Great location, but watch out for the expensive resort fee
    • Deluxe Queen Room

No free parking. Very expensive resort fee, which didn't show up in the price. I wound up missing the extra cost and renting the property. I immediately emailed the property when I saw the price on the receipt and requested to cancel and they said no. Be careful before you click to confirm the stay. In my opinion, it was too expensive for a one night stay given other options in the area.

Great location close to the beach, comfortable. The bar and patio areas were nice. Everyone who worked there was very nice. Wine happy hour and free bikes were nice too.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Great hotel in an excellent location.
    • Accessible Oceanview Balcony 2 Doubles

It was very close and convenient to stores, restaurants, and the beach. Also they had a lot of amenities such as shuffleboard, ping-pong, and for you so boogie boards and beachtowels.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Loved it!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The staff was friendly. The hotel was beautiful. They had games and s'mores and wine. Super easy access to the beach and town and restaurants!

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Good location but pricy for what it is.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Dog friendly so a lot of people with dogs. No pool and tendency to be pretty noisy at weekends. Parking expensive.

Great location close to the beach and the local nightlife. Rooms very nice and clean,check in staff excellent.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Excellent hotel and location is perfect
    • Oceanfront Suite 2 Queen Beds

Bar and food area not open due to renovations but a very minor complaint as plenty of places to eat once you step outside.

Lovely hotel. Room was spacious. Staff were so helpful and great with children. Smores went down a treat with the kids. Hotel recently renovated so really looks well.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

I was bummed because I booked a room for two double beds.
    • Courtyard 2 Double Beds

I was bummed because I booked a room for two double beds. I was traveling with my 17 year-old daughter for mother's day. When we arrived we only had one bed. When I went to the front desk they told me the second bed was a pull out from the couch. I would have paid for one bed instead of extra for a "pull out couch". That was very disappointing. We ended up sharing a bed. When I told them the picture promised two double beds, they said you were at fault for not updating your site. I was disappointed that I paid for a double bed room and basically got a single bed room.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Charming hotel with comfortable bed and best location
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Valet parking has to be budgeted into your stay as there are no other parking alternatives around.

Extremely nice hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. Comfortable bed and the entire downtown area with restaurants and not least the beach are within walking distance. We had a very nice stay and would definitely come again.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

We will be back! We loved staying here.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The water pressure was low. The music in center court was a bit loud and played late.

The shower was amazing, although water pressure low. The bath and body products were a real treat as was the fresh iced water in lobby!

Excellent location, nice hotel, but sticker shock on parking!!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

No washcloths! Also parking was much too expensive: $36 for a less than 24-hour stay is ridiculous.

Pretty and large lobby area with interesting chairs. Fantastic in-room snack and drinks selection. Room size was snug but well-designed. Good bedside reading lights. Instant hot water :-)

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Awesome boutique hotel. Fab service
    • Deluxe 2 Double Beds

Superb service. Very friendly to our kids and couldn't have been more accommodating. Comfy beds, well set out double double room, nice linens. Great outdoor area with fire pits and smores, plus a wine hour in the early evening. Awesome place!

FUN & HAPPY
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Our view was of the roof as we were almost level to it. We would book a room with a view next time.

Free wine hour, the staff, the decor is fun but a tad over hipster. The location is great for walking around, shopping and food.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Nice hotel with a wonderful veiw
    • Deluxe 2 Double Beds

I ask for a coffeemaker ,which I did not get.After paying $70 for 2 days parking,I found out I could buy a month pass for $50.I could have gone back for another adventure. The staff suggested that I could park in the neighborhood, which is unfair to the residents as parking is at a premium.

The ocean view was great

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Excellent Experience!
    • Deluxe 2 Double Beds

Even though there was no pool they had a great get together area with fire pits that they provide s'mores for. Staff was great with everything we needed.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Great location but staff need to be more dedicated
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The fact that I was helped with my luggage when entering the hotel & left to my own devices when leaving.

Everything being available at your fingertips

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

The free Smores to be cooked in the courtyard fireplace is a...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The TV didn't work at first but needed to be tweaked by the maintenance crew that stated "it never works". Puzzling if they have to send maintenance to fix the TV everytime.

The free Smores to be cooked in the courtyard fireplace is a nice touch.

I loved the staff!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I loved the staff!!! Adrian, Leo and Lindsey took great care of us! They helped us find places to go to and where very friendly when me and my boyfriend where in the lobby playing games! By far the best staff I've ever seen at a hotel and we go out and travel a lot!

Good position , pity about the extra charges
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Local taxes , valet parking and WIFI charges were extremely high .

location is in the town and across the road from the beach. Eating outside the hotel had many options and realistic pricing.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

beach and a dog - great place to stay
    • Oceanfront 2 Doubles

TV kept saying "no signal" and going blank every so often in the evening. Otherwise everything including the "happy hour" in the evening was very sociable and convivial with others staying at the hotel

The bed was very comfortable and we were moved into a balcony room that I thought I had requested. Very nice view of the ocean and pier.

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

VASTLY OVERATED
    • Courtyard Accessible Queen

The hotels layout, all the renovation going on, being placed in a handicapped room, having a closet in the bathroom, no hotel amenities list in the room, no price list for in room bar and on and on.

Staff

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

The worst experience
    • Courtyard 2 Double Beds

Yesterday I left this hotel, it was the worst experience in my life. I paid 450 $ per night plus 35 $ per night for parking, they don't have even breakfast. Rooms are very small if you compare it to the prices. I would never recommend this hotel

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Great location, wonderful staff and reasonable price!
    • Deluxe 2 Double Beds

The room we were In was in the hallway next to the elevator and we could hear everyone really loud as if they were in our room. Need better sound proofing on the door or something!

The double headed shower and the location.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Great location, perfect for families!
    • Accessible Courtyard 2 bed/2 bath Suite

The resort fee was unexpected. Other than that everything was wonderful.

Excellent location. The staff were very friendly and there was lots of extras offered to us for us to enjoy during our stay.

Very nice hotel in lively area with easy access to the beach.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Pay the extra $25 hidden resort fee that does not include internet unless you sign up for their program. I'm still surprised by the number of hotels that use this practice.

Very nice hotel in lively area with easy access to the beach.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

A great hotel in a great location with v friendly staff
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Didn't like thAt we had to pay for wifi

Bed was really comfy and the shower was great. The room was a good size and overlooked the courtyard which was lovely We loved that we could get complimentary coffee and cold water to drink Staff were always so helpful and friendly We only used the restaurant for breakfast but food was always good and staff pleasant

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Shorebreak an oasis
    • Oceanview 2 Doubles Balcony

Nothing not to like here.

Savy checked me in at the front desk and made me feel right at home. All staff were always friendly and smiling and it creates a very positive vibe.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

The location, the staff, everything was excelent
    • Courtyard 2 Double Beds

The restaurant serves free coffe and the place its really nice, the food and the breakfast could be a little bit better

The location, the staff, everything was excelent

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

The staff were kind and the hotel was very clean.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

For the amount of money paid for this hotel I was extremely disappointed to find out on check out the hidden and un-advertised "resort fee" charges of $25 per day. Excuse me? This is NOT a resort and had we of not used the bikes just the once on our 3 day stay I would have been more than just fuming. This is an absolute con. Some people didn't (couldn't) use the bikes and we didn't have any wine or cookies so I am not sure what this additional cost covers. Watch out!!! Secondly there was the loud noise from the bathroom fan that never goes off. Someone described it as an aeroplane taking off all night. Sadly this is true. I complained and they said they were having work done. Unfortunately these same reviews crop up over a year ago so the workers can't be that proactive. Thirdly what sort of hotel shuts all its facilities at 10pm? This town closes down very early and you can't do much as get a bottle of water from anywhere other than the overpriced minibar in your room after 10pm. Very disappointed with the price v quality. The location is not for anyone other than a surfer. This is very much a town for the people who go to Magaluf and Ibiza. Gutted because we were paying more for what we thought would be relaxation.

The staff were kind and the hotel was very clean. There were a few little extras like the "free" bike hire (also a huge negative, see below), the wine hour and cookies. In a very central location.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Parking not included
    • Courtyard Accessible Queen

Parking was not included it was an extra $35 for valet parking I think it is something that should be included since it's is already $260 for the room. The bed was not that comfortable and the pillows were hard like a rock. Also they don't give you anything complimentary no water, breakfast, shampoos. Everything is extra for a tea I ordered it was $15. Only good thing is the location but needless to say I don't think I will stay there again. Not worth the $300+ I spent.

Location was great right next to beach and bars.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Huge rooms, just be sure to collect karma credits
    • Deluxe 2 Double Beds

I asked about surf boards and staff didn't mention that bikes and boogie boards are available. there was a spider in the bathroom. No late checkout was available. Staff charged my colleague for minibar snacks after he signed up for kimpton karma, which gives you a $10 credit. So, be sure to tell them explicitly if you want your credit.

Double bed rooms have a wall between beds, suite like. Wine hour and s'mores are good. Walking distance to downtown. Balcony with ocean view. Let us checkin early.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Great location but No Ocean View
    • Oceanview 2 Doubles Balcony

We booked an ocean view, but view was the street perpendicular to the ocean. We were told that we should have booked 'ocean front' instead. That was misleading. The room was expensive, especially given the fact that we did not have that ocean view. The lighting was not good. There was no side lighting for one of the beds. The surface of the counter by the bathtub was a little sticky.

The room was spacious.