Reviews of Silver Legacy Reno Resort Casino at THE ROW 4 stars

#18 of 45 hotels in Reno

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Not much
    • Luxury Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Got to my room and discovered there was still an old pillow with someone's makeup stain on the case. Room was small compared to other hotels and this was called a luxury hotel. I did not see the luxury status as marketed.

Not much

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Our stay was vey nice.
    • Run of House

There was not an in-room refrigerator. We needed to have them bring one up for an additional cost.

Nice place to stay as the hotel is connected to other establishments. The inside of the hotel is interesting to walk through because there is a lot going on.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

it was fine
    • Luxury King Room

add for room was that I could get a room for 130 but showed another room as an upgrade for 233.00 which I did for a special night....this is the same type room I had approximately 2 months prior....just wasn't worth the extra cost

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

It's become a tradition for the Italian festival that...
    • Run of House

One of the bartenders at Drinx, every time we are at the Silver Legacy we go there many times through the weekend , this Sunday night I was very disturbed and so was my family and friends that we're having drinks there ! I do not like the politics between the bartenders and the sweet serving ladies , The ladies should keep all their tips they are the ones that are running around , and when the bartender has a problem with them he really slowed the drinks up , shameful :(((((

It's become a tradition for the Italian festival that every time we check in we are served a glass of champagne !!! And I know it's going to be a great weekend :)))

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

We had a good time, some good food and had a good time bowling!
    • Run of House

Lines at the checkin counter could be lessened if providing more people on the computers. We were lucky to get there before our check-in time but by the time we had checked in there was a huge line. If you know you have lots of people coming for different events it would behoove you to provide more checkin areas.

The three resorts together as they are are easy to maneuver in and out of to keep us entertained! The proximity to the National Bowling Congress was unbeaten.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Silver Legacy has all of the ammentities you need with a great service to customers w great rooms!
    • Run of House

I think a better ventilation system to reduce the amount of smoke would be fantastic. I found that out of the 3 Casinos joined together that the smoke was heaviest in Silver. While I know it is a casino and yes I do not smoke, I would suggest air purifiers throughout.

Beds were exceptionally comfortable and the pillows were heavenly. Food was good. Lots of fun to be had! Dancing, shows and music!

enjoyable
    • Run of House

Would like to have been able to eat at one of the finer restaurants in your hotel, but all were booked until very late

The show was very good. We came to see Rod Stewart but he was sick, we were disappointed but your hotel, staff and food made a bad situation very nice after all. My friend and I had a great time anyway.

Convenient and nice facility.
    • Luxury King Room

My only complaint is the price. Twice as much as Circus Circus, which is next door. If you don't spend much time in your room, other than sleeping, why pay twice as much? The resort fee seems ridiculous: $31. It was even $5 or $6 more than Booking.com indicated it would be. I didn't realize that I had to pay a resort fee , separate from pre-paying Booking.com.

Bed and room were comfortable, and clean. Check-in and check-out were a breeze, with friendly staff. I have no complaints with the facility.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Great value for money and would certainly stay again.

Room was very comfortable and clean as was the Bed and Pillows. Great location and easy to access and obtain meals. Friendly staff and very clean. Parking excellent. Great value for money and would certainly stay again.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Very outdated room.
    • Run of House

Very outdated room. The bathroom particularly was ooooold. Terrible shower head that felt like a step up from a garden hose. Underwhelming and disappointing.

We had a good time aside from the minor iasues
    • Run of House

We had issues with the heating system when we arrived and had to call front desk to keep us comfortable. Jose, night manager, did his best to accommodate us, he comp'd our room for the first night and a few extras from Amanda, day manager.

The convenience of everything in 1 place

Location is still the main reason for staying.
    • Run of House

Transportation to and from the airport has really went down hill. The stopping at three hotels is really time and space consuming. The bus was full after one stop and got dangerous to get to the airport.

Location is still the main reason for staying.

Expected better
    • Run of House

Room needs a lot of updates and a good cleaning. Hairs all over bathroom. Floors didnt seem to have been mopped in while. Toilet seat and bath tub were chipped. Corners of room dusty and dirty.

Staff was friendly and supportive

Staff was excellent, rooms were clean, convenient location
    • Run of House

Paid $25 resort fee and nothing was open. No gym and no pool. Shouldn't have to pay the fee if everything is under construction.

Staff was excellent, rooms were clean, convenient location

It was ok, not great.
    • Run of House

Pool was closed. We decided on the Silver Legacy SPECIFICALLY because it had a pool. Wish we had a heads up when booking. And no fridge. Spent $160 on dinner and had to throw away the leftovers.

Staff is friendly. Clean rooms. Adequate showers.

beds are good.
    • Run of House

lights in bath. paying a resort fee. be honest about your rates. paying a resort fee for a pool and fitness center that were not available.

beds are good. pillows need an upgrade.

Unfortunately the SPA and Pool were closed and we were not...
    • Luxury Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Unfortunately the SPA and Pool were closed and we were not allowed to use the pool from the two other partner hotels next to our hotel. The front desk was not heloful to find alternatives. „Google and find yourself something“.... we went to GRS and had a great pool area and service...

Room wasn’t clean as I would if liked .
    • Luxury King Room

Room wasn’t clean as I would if liked . I paid over $400 dollars for two rooms and wasn’t pleased with what I paid for and what I received for two rooms .

Overall enjoyed our stay and will be back.
    • Luxury King Room

Did not feel that since pool was under construction, we were still charged the full resort fee. In addition the shower heads need to be replaced.

Convenient location

Waste of your time and Money....
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

First of all the check in was horrible.... long lines only 2 people working it.... the room I got with 2 queens was going for$ 230 plus tax ect looked just like a room from motel 6 !!! ... No differences at all.... not even a complement candy even on a pillow... speaking of pillows you get 1 full pillow and 2 half pillow things on each bed ... ????? ... sooo basically if you like sleeping with at least 2 pillows you won't get to here..... then there is the check out ..... long , lines again 2 to 3 people working..... slow and rude.... and for the final touch you wait in a 1 hour line to get to your car parked in the parking garage...... get ready to stand and wait to go on the elevator with all your luggage to get to your safe car so you can get the freak out of that place that sucked you dry lol..... next time i think I will save $ and get the same room at a Motel 6 .

The dome thing....... oh and the building looks cool at night with the green...

Location was good, restaurants were good and rooms were...

Pool out of operation (guests should have been notified prior to arrival). Decor very old fashioned and somewhat tired.

Location was good, restaurants were good and rooms were comfortable

fun

The room needed updating

It was relaxing and that was what I was looking forward to. It exceeded my expectations looking forward to going back for a longer stay now that I am retired.

Disapointed
    • Run of House

I was disappointed in Booking.com advertising. I paid extra for a non smoking renovated room with a king bed. When I got to the hotel they could not find my reservation. I paid extra and got a an old room with two queen beds that smelled of smoke. I will never use booking.com as this is the second time something like this happened. Hotel indicated that they won't have renovated rooms until this fall. Online they are false advertising.

The room was bright, clean, and roomy.
    • Run of House

The price. Sure, it was Hot August Nights the weekend we stayed, but come on... quintupling the price? We won't be staying here next August.

The room was bright, clean, and roomy. Location was perfect as our stay was during the Hot August Nights event, so we were right in the center of all the fun!

• Run of House

Bell desk dropped expencive scanner and broke it after I told him to handle with care. Phone calls not returned. Booking .com charged us 287.00 due to a mistake made while booking on line of one day. No mention of a $287 cancell fee for a mistake until I say confirmation e-mail.

TRAIN/CROSS TRAIN EMPLOYEES! Don't scam public on "LUXURY ROOMS", the rooms are OLD!!
    • Luxury Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Save your money, you can pay half the price and a better hotel... Worst experience EVER! NOT luxury room (old carpet, window covering, carpet, vanity and headboards and furnishings, I mean 1990s style!.. (THEY HAD SHEETS ON BEDS WITH NO FINISHED BEDDING!) , pool spa being remodeled and wasn't told until after check in.. extremely poor employee communication/training. excuses! pool site to use was 30 min walk to a church facility!! manager ms robles upgraded us to a larger room for inconvenience and then charged us for it at check out. Employee DAVID AND AMY were appalling for employees, I was on hold 20+ min.. excuses as they did not know who was managing what so they just transferred me to get me off their line (is that not their job?).

Variety of things and places to go. Attached to 2 other hotels and casinos.

We liked to location and the convenience of having...
    • Luxury King Room

My only complaint is that checkout time is noon and we had a housekeeper knocking on our door at 10:00 AM to start cleaning and then again at 11:30 and she actually opened the door and started to come in. Other than that, everything was great.

We liked to location and the convenience of having everything you need right there. Every restaurant we went to there served excellent food in a matter of minutes.

Ok for 1 night

Resort fee

We used this hotel only for a stop off so only stayed one night, after a long international flight then a 3 hour drive we just wanted a shower and bed. Had a drink in the bar not the best service.

One and done
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The check in process was interminably long. Inadequate staff to handle basic initial checkin. Took way too long. Line kept growing. Managers walked by. Saw it, but didn’t care or help.there were a lot of complaints in the line. I was promised a nonsmoking room but it reeked of smoke. Rooms are tired and outdated.

Common areas and restaurants were nice

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Great location, connected to El Dorado and Circus Circus...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Pool was being renovated and we weren’t informed about this until we were being handed the keys to our room.

Great location, connected to El Dorado and Circus Circus also.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

The Row at The Biggest Little City
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Smoking in casino areas. Wish there are more non-smoking areas.

Location in downtown Reno. Choices of activities within the "row". Good location off Hwy 80.

Just sad to see it...
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Food trays from next door room was on the floor in between our room doors when I got there on Saturday night.. I've seen staff walk by that hallway Saturday night and early Sunday.. cleaners yesterday were in the hallway... The food trays were still there when I woke up this morning to get ready to leave.. felt like that hallway was ignored.. it was dirty looking after paying so much to stay on that place..

Ok. Would have been great with a pool and spa, or don’t charge resort fees, when your not a resort.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Didn’t like the fact that there was no pool or spa “really” available. They have a contract with a couple of places where you can use an indoor pool. Buts let’s be realistic, who is gonna walk a half a mile or so to use an indoor pool at some medical rehab place. I understand that the pool and spa and under construction, just some bad luck in the time department. What I don’t understand is the fact that they still want to charge a crazy resort fee. Just leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Staff was very friendly. Bars and restaurants were good. Especially loved Brews Brothers happy hour.

It was a wonderful experience with sincere,friendly and...
    • Superior King Room

Would have preferred to be informed that the pool was closed before booking! Other than that it was great

It was a wonderful experience with sincere,friendly and helpful staff.

It was a place to sleep and somewhat enjoyable

The whole building smelled so strong if urinal cakes because they were trying to cover up years of cigarette smoking. The rooms were also not very clean and not well maintained

The lobby and amenities were nice

Awful. Staff and management were not helpful with our complaint.

Had neighbors that were very noisy. Group had several rooms on the floor. Put all children in one room next to us. VERY LOUD.(late at night) No parental supervision. Security and front desk were very rude when we registered a complaint. Would NEVER recommend to anyone to stay there.

Nice staff
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The pool and health club closed .The arrangements that were made only allowed people over 18 and we were traveling with children So they were not allowed to use the other property pool.

Friendly staff members. They were very helpful in suggesting local activities for the children

Do not stay here!

Very poor customer service. We booked this property thinking it had a pool and gym and both were closed and had been for months. An email letting us know would have been nice!

Location and linked to three other hotels is convenient.
    • Luxury King Room

The spa/pool was being renovated and no notice was given prior to or on the website. Yet we were still charge for “resort fees”. Seems like i shouldn’t have to pay for resort fees if I can’t use the resort amenities and don’t get notification until after check in. Room didn’t get cleaned after the first night and had to call housekeeping back at 4:30 pm to get new towels and room cleaned.

Location and linked to three other hotels is convenient. Downtown with with access to baseball field, bowling center other activities.

Average hotel but for what I paid was still value for money and would return.

No safe , no fridge. Bed Linen had holes .Reception extremely lacking in staff with looong check in and check out .

Location good . Facilities good . WiFi good.Buffet good and joining of the 3 Casinos makes a massive area to get lost . Reception extremely lacking in staff numbers Was only there for 2 days so it sufficed as was priced cheap fortunately for a below average room but wasn’t there to do anything but sleep in the room anyway .

the spa and pool was under construction and no one told us...

the spa and pool was under construction and no one told us this when we booked the room. St. mary s was too far to use and they wouldn't let us use the Eldorado facilities, how ridiculous! they are wounded by the same company and should honor there guests equally. the hotel is way to smoky as well.

Not a bad stay just a few things to improve.

Long lines to check in. Staff who checked me in did not explain any procedures. Sheets were stained and had wholes. Light bulb hanging by a wire. Facility could use some updating. Buffet closed until that Friday.

Room was nice.

Just two nights, one on way to Tahoe and one after a week there before catching plane home.

Rooms were satisfactory, good location and of 3 casinos in area we visited this one was by far the biggest, most varied, best value - great Bloody Mary!

Restful, car show was fun.
    • Superior King Room

Saturday night the better restaurants all seem to close early at 10:00. We went to a show at 7:30. At least one should be open later, maybe to 2:00, for the show crowd.

Comfort and courtesy from staff, even when we stupidly locked our keys in the room.

Would stay again.

Smoking was offensive.

Ordered a sofa bed for the room at original booking, after arriving it practically took an act of congress to actually get the bed. Only complaint.

Room was comfortable and quiet. Not bothered by loud customers in the hallway.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No small refrigerator. I don't like running down the hall to get a bucket of ice.

The bed was very comfortable. Usually don't sleep well the first night because the mattress is not good. That was not the case with the bed at Silver Legacy. Had a great nights sleep during my entire stay.

5.5
    It got the job done, thats about it.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Beds not that comfortable, not all the lights worked. No table in the room to eat the food that you get from room service on. not everyone can eat off the cart.

Room service food was great!

The room was nice enough, clean. The buffet very good. Nice to be in a chain of 3.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The lighting in the mirror/sink area was too dim, hard to see well enough to apply may makeup. Shower head needed replacing.

The bed was very comfortable, room clean

Overall it was fantastic

Need Mississippi stud card game. Very hard to tell where you are suppose to park. Need signs up to show you where. We drove around building 3 to 4 times before my husband just dropped me off to find out where.

Eating area were very nice and clean. Plenty of slot machines and card tables.

Will go back again ;0)

Need a refrigerator and microwave in the room! Pillows need more support.

Everywhere we ate was very good. Almost always had a drink offered while gambling.

Won’t be back

Room was old, outdated and dirty. Bed was awful and lumpy. In room bath products were atrocious. Soap smelled like a citronella candle- yuk! Couldn’t wait to leave in the morning. Hotel area downtown is seedy at best. Scared to leave the hotel. Bartenders in the casino were so rude! One literally didn’t speak to us and sat our drinks down and walked away.

Check in was quick once we got to the counter. Champagne in line was a nice touch.

Convenience for a concert-Sterlings was excellent-staff...

Ok—-sink did not drain-iron bolted to board-security cord also?? Use was difficult -refrigerator appalled-looked like it had been in a frat house for four years-no safe-this was not a deluxe room! Resort fee really? For what? Disappointed Silver Legacy-Husbands Birthday embarrassing:(

Convenience for a concert-Sterlings was excellent-staff excellent-security great! But concerned why heavy use of security-issues or just taking precautions. Concert great!

Nonsatisfying Weekend Getaway.

The rooms are quite small, as compared to other casino resorts in Boomtown, Sparks, or south Reno. The tv is rather small compared to today's standards. Only 1 packet of regular coffee. The toilet flush is exceptionally noisy. The price is too high for the limited comforts you get, but it's an imprisoned source. You'd only stay there if you were attending a concert or conversation there, which we were.

It's the nicest of the remaining casino resorts in downtown Reno. Has almost all the amenities for the weekend. The valet, registration, and bell staff are very personable, attentive, and professional. Bell and valet staff were also very prompt with our luggage and retrieving our truck. Staff throughout were outstanding.

Overall, staying at Silver Legacy was an ok experience.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The lighting in the vanity area was pathetic. There was no way you could put on makeup with any accuracy. Had to use the lamp on the desk instead. The room was smaller than I expected.

The room was clean and comfortable.

Okay for current needs
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I was charged a resort fee although the spa and gym were under rennovation and unusable. Also the coffee maker was inadequate with subpar coffee.

Location and restaurant choices on property

Very good will stay again.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Coffee pot was missing the little tray that holds the coffee pouch, wrote a note to the housekeeper, and it was fixed that afternoon..

Non smoking, and quiet...

Not bad but not great

The AV repair staff.

I liked the courtesy of the hotel Desk staff. The attention of the Maintence Staff not so good We were almost 2 days and numerous phone calls tring to get a TV that worked.

Always a great place to stay!
    • Deluxe Spa Room

I ran out of hot water in the shower. I found out that if you fill the spa tub in the room with hot water then go take a shower, you’ll not have any hot water for at least half an hour.

We always love staying here. The staff is friendly and the location is great.

We will never be back

Room was dirty, not as advertised, small and cramped. The bedding was torn and everything smelled like smoke. Motel 6 would have been nicer. Definitely not worth the $185 we paid. Kids in the next room were screaming and banging on walls well after midnight. The restaurant we ate at was awful and gave me food poisoning. We arrived at 6pm and left by 8am the following day. We couldn't wait to drive the 4 hours home and didn't want to stay another minute.

The show we went to watch

Clean, nice looking room.
    • Luxury King Room

Pillows were too firm for my soft head.

Clean, nice looking room. Staff, including in the casino, were friendly and helpful. No problems with my reservation or charges.

relaxing
    • Luxury King Room

Cleanliness could have been better there was a blood stain near the light switch which grossed me out and hair on the floor...however the view from our room was great

Room selection was terrible being right next to the elevator.
    • Superior King Room

Room selection was terrible being right next to the elevator. Couldn’t fall asleep at all due to the noise . And discomfort of the bed. Room didn’t meet my expectations with what I paid for the room.

They've cleaned up and modernized a lot of the complex.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Cheap hard beds. Still smoky even in the non-smoking areas... it's still Reno. Some staff were great, but some others needed an attitude upgrade. Downtown Reno is a sewer... stay in the buildings.

They've cleaned up and modernized a lot of the complex. Great location. Good parking and several dining options. Rates are good. Cheap drinks, and still free when you're gambling.

The fact there was dirty dishes outside our door upon...

The fact there was dirty dishes outside our door upon arrival. I called and told the front desk that evening and they said they would let housekeeping know. The dishes were still there the next morning when we exited our room for breakfast. There was some more dirty dishes down the hallway from our room as well.

Comedy club AWESOME:):)

No water bottles in the room!

I just thought for 150.00 dollars you could of given up a little more! We had a great time at the comedy club:):) and we did spend a lot of money in the casino. The service was awesome! The music was great afterwards!Looking forward to coming back soon. Hopefully I can get some of my money back! :):):) lololol! Thanks Frank

Ok, had to push for Mgr to make costs right

No fitness center or pool/hot tun available due to construction and no offer to refund the so called resort fee, poor communication between front desk and Mgr due to language barrier of employee, added gratuity to room service on top of resort fee, having to pay for copies at business center, no fitted sheet in bed so sheet came untucked each night, very few cable channels on tv

Numerous places to eat, quick replacement of broken mini fridge, free covered parking, airport shuttle

If you don't have any other option.

I was surprised that there is no bottled water in the room. The heater would not respond to the thermostat, so was way too hot. I had trouble connecting to their wi-fi and no one on staff could help.

Near the Amtrak station.

My stay was good.
    • Luxury King Room

Online makes the Hotel look extravagant but it wasn’t to my eyes. I’m sure it was extravagant maybe 20 years ago. A new modern touch would be perfect. It’s was extremely old and dated. They had a few upgrades with restaurants and bars etc. But the hotel itself needs a lot of work. But a staff member did mention a renovation is coming up soon. Therefore they should be fine in the future.

Even though the Hotel is very old and needs renovation, it was clean, they had new funiture in my room and the staff was very friendly/helpful. That all made me want to stay here shortly after I arrived. I also like to add, the Hotel in a great location. “The city has a lot of potential. I see a lot of room for growth in the future with the tech industries involved.”

A good overnight stay in downtown Reno.

Crowds, long check-in line. But it moved quickly.

Clean, quiet, and spacious room with a nice view. Desk clerk readily changed my room when I found the first room to be on a rather crowded and noisy floor, and also a connecting room, which I prefer to avoid. The airport shuttle was on time and easy to use.

Perfect location.
    • Superior Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Upon booking requested a non-smoking room. Upon check in i was provided a smoking room. Room smell was awful. My 10yr old daughter had a headache. My nose was stuffy all throughout the night. We checked out smelling like cigarettes.

Clean room but smelly.

The room service was excellent and extremely well priced.

Wish I was in town to have fun! As their 3 properties there are all linked together for internal and easy access!

The room service was excellent and extremely well priced. The view from the room was spectacular! The staff was more than helpful and the valet and security was top notch!

talked to someone in sales about a golf tournament.

talked to someone in sales about a golf tournament. Never heard back from anyone. I quess the El Dorado group does not need the business. In fact made several inquires to all the casinos and no one returns calls.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No room service/maid service first 24 hours Spa was closed and we didn't know that till we got down there. Still had to pay the "resort fee" boo!

GREAT TIME WAS HAD BY ALL

nonething the place was great

liked it all ,it was very comfortable ,the staff was very helpful and friendly the stay was very relaxing thanks too all

I loved the location close to everything great food variety.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was not what I expected the room was half cleaned floor was not even vacuumed workers could put a little more effort when it comes to cleanliness!

I loved the location close to everything great food variety.