Reviews of Skamania Lodge 4 stars

1131 Southwest Skamania Lodge Way, Stevenson, WA 98648, USA

#1 of 2 hotels in Stevenson

Gorgeous area- food and delivery need help
    • River View Fireside Room

Restaurant apparently had undergone some layout changes- this created a lot of confusion amongst the staff- also the kitchen was open and created way to much noise. This place gets a lot of conventions so it is noisy to begin with- add the kitchen noise and it was over the top. We stayed several nights but after the first night ate elsewhwere. :-(

beautiful location with gorgeous views!

Great location and old world feel.
    • River View Fireside Room

Restaurant not open on both nights we were there which was very disappointing

Great location and old world feel. Concierge, Denise, was so helpful and friendly

A great 24-hr get away !
    • Superior River King Room

I've been to many resorts before where I was offered a tour around the facility, but here they did not provide it even when we asked for one. It was hard to figure out what to do, especially with a child.

the front desk people were super friendly and welcoming; my room faced the river, the view is priceless.

I did no stay.
    • Superior King Room

I did no stay. I was told my card was not accepted, and therefore my reservation was cancelled the same day I placed it over 2 weeks out. I better check my bank account to verify I was not charged!!

Beautiful views and nice spa area with hot tubs, sauna and pool.
    • Superior King Room

The room needed a little TLC from maintenance. One lamp was coming off its arm and we did have maintenance come in and change the batteries in the thermostat so we could control the heat. We opted for not having maid service, but was not left the $5 off food perk. They did adjust our bill before we left.

Our room was a nice size and they upgraded us to a fireplace room since we told them it was our anniversary. The bed was a bit hard, but the place is quiet at night.

The Lodge is a pleasant place to stay in a spectacular natural setting in the Columbia River Gorge.
    • Superior King Room

The dinner menu in the only restaurant is too limited, few choices of entrees.

Our room was spacious and comfortable. The lobby fireplace room has excellent views. Appreciate complimentary coffee in the morning in the fireplace room.

Beautiful Lodge for relaxing, but lots of children.
    • Fireside Guestroom

Great that bike hire is included in the price (and helmets), but the bikes could do with some TLC as many had flat tires/ squeaky breaks. Lots of children arriving at the weekend and using the pool which was a shame as it spoiled some of the ambience of the hotel - would recommend couples/ groups of adults visit in the week rather than the weekend if you want to relax.

Loved our stay at Skamania Lodge. Lovely spa and pool, open until 11PM and alcoholic drinks available to drink while you lay on sunloungers. Amazing outdoor heated pool which we used comfortably in the Winter. Restaurants on site and a lovely lobby with beautiful views, the free tea, coffee and hot chocolate encouraged us to get up early in the morning to admire the views, while sitting by the fireplace. We also had a fireplace in our room which was great. Firepit outside to toast marshmallows on, s'mores kits are available in the on-site shop. Excellent grounds for cycling/walking and golfing.

Fair. Was not too impressed by the hotel or The staff
    • Superior River King Room

Housekeeping could’ve been better. Sheets never changed and room was dusty. The hotel staff seem to be more focused on corporate events instead of the actual hotel guests. Tip for future tourists— Call ahead and find out if any events more than 5 are being conducted at the same time as your stay. Avoid those dates! Housekeeping left a note saying she found a tick on our wall and that she vacuumed it. No ticks in the area- has to be from the pets at the hotel. Housekeeping did not dust vacuum and clean the room or even change the sheets after she found the tick. We did not hike and were staying with a 3 year old who hardly ventured out. To make up they removed one night of the resort fee of $25- could’ve cleaned the room and changed the sheets instead!

Liked the views from the room.

Valet was a nice surprise! Pool/hot tub area superb! Very polite and helpful staff!

Room prices for winter are high.

Outdoor hot tub is amazing and the pool is very nice! Hot tub inside the ladies locker room if your shy! Gorgeous setting but a bit pricey. ..

Can’t wait to go back during summer.
    • Superior King Room

Massage person used too much oil during massage so I felt sticky afterwards.

Loved the letter and dessert the staff sent us congratulating us for our anniversary!

Staff service was awesome as always and the infrastructure...
    • Superior King Room

Air conditioning and specially the ventilation on bathroom room needs serious cleaning.

Staff service was awesome as always and the infrastructure is well maintained.

I would tell others of the nice resort and would stay there again.
    • Superior King Room

Weather was snowy and driving to the resort was in a blizzards.

Well decorated for Christmas and the staff was very accomodating. Beds were very comfortable, Food was great.

clean room, cozy bed

service in restraint could have been better. we were never asked how our meal was and water glasses not refilled. miss the coffee in the lobby.

clean room, cozy bed

My husband and I enjoyed our stay here so much we added an additional night last minute!
    • Superior King Room

That we eventually had to leave to go home...

Location is in a picturesque setting you never get tired of being at! Every staff member we encountered was super nice from front desk to restaurant!

A pleasurable and relaxing time.

I have no complaints

I’m in love with everything. All the food was delicious. The breakfast food plate was especially good. The common area was very inviting. My room a Superior King was spacious and comfortable. All the staff was friendly and helpful.

Never again.
    • River View Fireside Room

No food on site after 11 PM. When a person pays $350 to stay in a room for one night, they should have the option for room service whenever they want it. Then in the AM we tried to order TWO glasses of juice for room service and they told us it would take up to 1/2 hour. Also I left my contact lens solution, went to the front desk to buy some and was given visine, which doesn't store contacts. Again, If higher end prices are charged, then higher end amenities need to be offered.

The bed was comfortable and the view was beautiful. The staff was kind and friendly.

Overall experience was great! Beautiful location, clean facilities and very helpful staff.
    • Premier King Room

Alternative selection of pillows - foam.

Had a problem at check-in because my reservation apparently was not received. Although it took a little longer to get checked-in, I was able to show my email confirmation and the staff put us in an upgraded room for the same price - very nice!

Not worth regular price
    • Superior King Room

The individual rooms are really not worth the price. They are courtyard marriott value but at least double the price. They were fine, a little beat up but definitely not worth the price.

The main areas of the lodge are beautiful.

Don't think we will go back
    • Superior King Room

Checked into our room and within 5 min knock on door asking if our toilet wasn't working. We hadn't been there long enough to know so we had to be moved to a handicap room which wasn't needed. New room, Toilet handle flopping and broken and toilet running and shower water wouldn't drain.

Good beds, good views

We love to come to skamania Lodge. This time our stay was less than stellar because of the food.
    • Superior King Room

Dining room meal got both the wife and I sick to our stomachs. I believe we both got food poisoning on our Saturday night Birthday dinner. Food service gets a poor rating from me.

facility is great. bar and dining service was at best good. Grounds are beautiful.

An excellent overnight stay on our way from Mount Rainier to the Oregon Coast
    • Superior King Room

Whilst the room was good the layout of the hotel was somewhat sprawling.

The walks round the grounds were pleasant. The wild blackberries were as good as any I have ever tasted. Dinner was excellent

Below average for a frequent traveller
    • Superior King Room

The restaurants were sub-par given the room rate of $250.00+ per night, the cleaning of the rooms was very extremely poor. The rooms need to be restored and upgraded. They are great for 1995 but not for today's standards

The location was very nice. Located close to Multnomah Falls, Bonneville Dam, Hood River, wind surfing and much more

Vastly overpriced

Mini fridge was so loud we had to unplug it. Could not get room dark enough to sleep, so much light coming in under door through windows and various electronics.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Lacking in customer service & folow through.
    • Premier King Room

Rooms weren't ready until late. Didn't get call when ready. Keys didn't work. Told there was a 30 minute wait for breakfast in the morning. But we weren't told night before to make reservations! Not like we were in town and could make other arrangements. Couple behind us had reservations & showed up on time to eat. They were told their name was crossed out and would have to wait! (30 min). This treatment is unacceptable-suggestion: take Marriott hotel training!! Need more work on customer service. Sorry-cannot recommend you.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Nice atmosphere.
    • Superior King Room

Hiking trails closed from winter storms but its august now...very busy because of a convention but i can understand that.

Nice atmosphere. About to hit the zip line tour

Don't think I will go back for a while.
    • Superior King Room

Facility needs some upkeep. Some things are run down. Example...Showers controls in the spa area were barely on so I had a hard time getting the tempurature off cold. Room had nicks in the walls. Patio outside where adirondacks are is filthy as were the teak tables on the bar, tons of food in the cracks. That was just gross. Deep clean! I grew up in the Gorge before the lodge was there. This was my third visit since it opened. My husband and had drinks in the bar several times. Three different times the item he ordered off of the menu or the chalkboard, they did not actually have.

Location great. I thought staff was nice.

Very nice place, great staff, great food, overall great...
    • Superior King Room

High expense. Upgrade for river view not worth extra expense for us. Did not spend a lot of time in room during daylight and sun too bright to open curtain in morning.

Very nice place, great staff, great food, overall great accommodations.

Nice Location/Mediocre facility.
    • Premier King Room

We arrived on the property around 2:30 PM, check-in is 4 PM. They were able to get us a room. The counter/clerk was not real friendly and there was lots of help available, however, they just stood around and smiled and did not offer to help. It was our first time there, and the did not give us any details on how to get to our room. we had to go back to another receptionists desk to get a map. No Bell hop was offered. not that I needed it but most resorts they are a dime a dozen. Not Here! We stayed in a premier room. Paid $300 for one nite. The room was tiny. One arm chair, a desk, and a desk chair (one with adjustable seat and caster wheels). My wife and I brought up food we had bought from the local store to our room. There was no room for us to sit together so we got creative and used one of the 2(two) nightstands as a chair and the other as our dining table. a bit uncomfortable but we were hungry and didn't really care. Our so-called Forest view was of a parking lot and a few trees. The only thing I thought was worth the price was the Bed. Other than that, unless there is a special going on. I will probably stay somewhere else. Not worth the $300. Free coffee was offered. it was located on the first floor, however, we had to ask how to get there. the coffee and tea were located down some hallway way off the beaten path. It was almost as if they had it there so people would take advantage of something free. They have a pool which is indoors and dark. I don't think it had been updated since it was built (in the 90's). There was a saltwater Jacuzzi/Hot tub outside which was nice. fairly good size. they also had an indoor jacuzzi. If you are looking for a romantic get-away, this place is not the place.

The Bed and walking trails.

Nice to have a hot shower
    • Premier King Room

The restaurant staff was slow, even in the slower periods of the dinner time.

Our stay was the end of a camping fishing trip in Oregon. The facility is older and comfortable with a great location for hiking and relaxing, which is why we choose it. The restaurant has good value and a local selection, friendly staff and nice venue but the service was slow at all meals we took. The spa, while small and with massages was not attentive to the restroom changing area. Hot tubs were great and nice to have both a family and adult tub.

Beautiful and relaxing
    • Premier Double Room

Need more activities for kids. A game room with ping pong table, pool or shuffle board. Board games in lobby were nice but not much to choose from. Disappointed that there were no arts & crafts for the holiday weekend vs. years prior. You could charge if it's an expense reduction.

Love the location. Beautiful view of the Columbia Gorge. Went for Easter and kids loved the egg hunt.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

The room (for $300) did not provide seating for my wife and...
    • Superior River King Room

The room (for $300) did not provide seating for my wife and I to just relax. They had an office chair and a single chair in the room. You had to sit in bed just to relax in the room. When we arrived, we couldn't find staff to register us for 15 mins or so. Same greeting at the restaurant. Soup showed up to the table cold, my bottle of beer was accompanied by a very dirty glass. It was an awkward trip for our anniversary. The power went out for 3 hours or so, barely got a shower before we had to check out. We won't be back to day the least.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Lobby, property and outdoor hot tub were gorgeous.

The roll away bed they brought was awful. You could feel every spring. My son ended up sleeping on the floor. We didn't inform the hotel though, so they didn't have the opportunity to bring us a better one. If we go back, I'll request that they take out a couple chairs and bring a second couch. If they can't do that, I'd bring a cot or inflatable bed. No vent/fan in the bathroom seems to be a consistent hotel problem. The chlorine or bromine fumes in the pool area were eye burning and gave us all headaches. The spa services were ridiculously overpriced. Check in times were long. They really need to have two people at the from desk.

Lobby, property and outdoor hot tub were gorgeous. The lodge's casual restaurant food was good. We didn't try the fancy side. We upgraded from 2 double bed room, which was REALLY SMALL to king suite for my two teens, hubby and I. King bed was comfy, couch was comfy. Room was big & nice with fireplace and great view. Fridge, micro and coffee pot convenient. The outdoor fire pit area was cool and really pretty. The hotel lobby was nice and smelled great due to the giant real Christmas tree & holiday decor was really nice. The zip lining tour was worth every penny and the guides were great and funny. Trails around the property were pretty. Red Bluff Tap House in Stevenson was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Relaxing and got me away from my home after my husband died in Oct.

To be near my friends I had to pay an extra $80.00/night to "up grade". The room was already quite expensive and really no better than a room in another slightly better than average hotel. Never have I spent $1500.00 for 3 night (meals and message included).

It was very high end and took care of whatever I needed. The surroundings and facilities were beautiful.

Nice, but a little tired
    • Superior King Room

My salmon dinner..., the icky caulking in the bathroom, the coffeemaker should be a pod coffee maker. Should have soap and lotions not wall mounted liquids in bathroom

Location is beautiful

Best place to stay in area, but high end travelers will likely be disappointed.
    • River View Fireside Room

It's not a high end property. Rooms feel like a Ramada Inn. Dark. Food not very good. No room service. Most of the staff is not well trained. It's mainly a convention hotel. Walls thin.

Trina, a member of the waitstaff in the Cascades Dining Room. Great location that makes surrounding attractions accessible.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

sleepless in Skamania.
    • Superior King Room

Food was marginal but very expensive. Bed was hard and very uncomfortable and AC was noisy. I didn't get much sleep as a result. Not what I would expect for the price.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Perfect place for relaxing: amazing view, nice trails to go...
    • Superior River King Room

Although delicious, meals were a little expensive.

Perfect place for relaxing: amazing view, nice trails to go hiking, firepit to do s'mores, beautiful hotspring! They have a very good brunch on Sundays!

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Each visit better than the last!
    • Fireside Guestroom

If you do not want to vacation around young children playing (I personally don't mind), this is not the place you want to be. It's family friendly and there were a lot of children.

The entire atmosphere and facility are completely relaxing and comfortable

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

Excellent facility
    • Superior River King Room

The event happening on the lawn with the loud music and people speaking into microphones until after 10:00 PM was very distracting from us experiencing the tranquility of the place.

The room was very comfortable and the view outstanding.

wait staff could have been better

wait staff could have been better

This is the second time in a row I've stayed here and...
    • Superior River Double Room

This is the second time in a row I've stayed here and the fire alarm has gone off and cleared the hotel.

The place was very nice!
    • Superior River King Room

The restaurant food was just ok.

The place was very nice!

The limited food for vegetarians and vegans

The limited food for vegetarians and vegans

Every detail was wonderful!
    • River View Fireside Room

Every detail was wonderful!

Wonderful lodge. Will stay again.

Loved the patio, views, and giant fire pit. The property is beautiful. Zipline tour was amazing.

Location ,

Location ,

We Like it

No Brakfast

Bunk fire 🔥 place Pool 🏊‍♀️ Sauna 🧖‍♂️ Jacuzzis Lobby etc

Short and sweet
    • Superior King Room

Very expensive. Cook was coughing and sneezing and not washing hands. Choose to eat elsewhere.

The view

Nice stay
    • River View Fireside Room

The over priced dining experience

Location, good formal dining

Location, good formal dining

It was relaxing and nice to get away.
    • Premier Double Room

The main dinning room was closed for dinner.

The location, gym, fire pit, and the hot tub

I loved the hot water!
    • Superior King Room

Nothing, it was all perfect.

I loved the hot water! Taking a long shower was much enjoyable. I also loved being able to carry my drink to the hot tub.

We enjoyed the Ziplines!

Excellent Salmon Chowder!

View
    • Superior River King Room

Over priced for room size, accommodations. Room service coffee was a fail

View

I didnt receive a receipt from Skamania lodge after checking...
    • Premier Double Room

I didnt receive a receipt from Skamania lodge after checking out. I'd like to see my receipt / itemised bill please

The staff was really friendly. Setting is beautiful
    • Superior King Room

The massage at waterless spa was not worth the high price. Even when I specified what I wanted, it wasn't very good.

6.0
    Way overpriced.
    • Superior King Room

Room very basic and way overpriced.

Good food and service in restaurants

Our visit was amazing from the food to the view and comfortable room and bed!
    • Superior King Room

The hotel is very clean inside and out! All our meals at the hotel were very good and nice staff too!

Bed was amazing.
    • Superior King Room

Bed was amazing. Service top Notch. and the grounds were spectacular

All of beautiful

All of beautiful

Great location but rooms needs refreshment
    • Superior King Room

Old fashionated rooms Staff at reception was not friendly

Great location and view

A BEAUTIFUL PLACE TO GO EVEN IF YOU DON'T GOLF SINCE THEY HAVE A LOT OF WALKING TRAILS.
    • Superior King Room

A BIGGER MENU AT THE RESTAURANT WOULD OF BEEN NICE.

The bed was great & the pools and hot tub were great.

Retreat

Clean safe quiet complete

Relaxing stay
    • Superior King Room

The room was a little small

The outdoor hot tub

Just Relax!
    • Superior King Room

The view. The comfort of the bed. The view. The food, especially breakfast. The view.

Zip lines
    • Superior King Room

The food, was little expensive, for one meal.

Zip lines

Honeymoon
    • Superior River King Room

Loved the staff and facilities! The pool was nice

Beauty in the Columbia Gorge
    • Superior King Room

Up selling at check-in was annoying.

The setting is spectacular.

the view is awesome!
    • Superior King Room

the view is awesome!lots of outdoor activities to enjoy.

Overrated. Skip the restaurant.
    • Superior King Room

Hair in the food in tge restaurant. Twice! Did not try a third time.

Disappointed
    • Superior King Room

Staff untrained and noisy grounds poorly maintained Foid mediocre and overpriced

Location and view Quiet

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

The cleanliness, outdoor hot tub and the location.

Price

The cleanliness, outdoor hot tub and the location.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Couldn't check in until5.

Couldn't check in until5..waited over an hour to get into room

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Incredible vista! Good but not great resort, food and service.
    • Premier King Room

Staff could use more customer service training.

Amazing setting.