Reviews of Skyway Inn - Seatac 2 stars

20045 International Boulevard, SeaTac, WA 98198, USA

#29 of 36 hotels in SeaTac

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Close to public transportation and convenience stores and...
    • Standard Queen Room

Close to public transportation and convenience stores and clean rooms and friendly staff. All in all I’ve always had a comfortable stay here at the skyway inn.

Thank goodness it only had to be for one night!!
    • Standard Queen Room

If the price was cute in half, it may have been a "value"

What eggs? There was no complimentary breakfast, which was advertised on website. Bed was older and lumpy,furniture worn and outdated. Refrigerator was noisy, tv reception was bad.

The property was relatively close to the airport with a very...
    • Standard Queen Room

As well as being dated in appearance, this room was not clean - bed was about 15cm from wall and exposed long term dust and rubbish. Upholstered chair and carpet badly stained and plastic chair seat very worn. Some investment is required to bring this accommodation up to an acceptable standard for the price charged.

The property was relatively close to the airport with a very good free shuttle service. Receptionist and driver very pleasant.

Clean safe quiet convenient friendly, well equipped.
    • Standard Queen Room

The listing needs to be updated: they no longer serve breakfast. Big bonus if they had laundry on site....

I was surprised that it was actually quiet in this top floor room! It was well kept even through it's age, much much better than most. One stain on the carpet, no big deal. There was a fridge! Yay! And a clean tub! Yay! And a coffee maker I didn't use. My car was totally safe since the lot doubles as a park and fly lot; lots of security cameras and bright lights and people coming and going. The woman at the desk was super friendly and helpful. Definitely stay again if I need a hotel near the airport.

Carpet was ripped, TV didn't work well.
    • Standard Queen Room

Carpet was ripped, TV didn't work well. But we had a flight come in at midnight and so we pretty much only slept. Housekeeping knocked MUCH before we left which woke us up. There was no Do NOt Disturb sign available for us to put out.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

A terrible place - to be avoided
    • Standard Queen Room

Property was very tired, eg sink cracked, tiles falling off bathroom, curtains coming off rail. Very noisy dual carriageway to front, rail line to back, down and outs sleeping in stairwell. We only stayed as we arrived very late. This should be removed from the booking.com site.

Not a lot

The room lock was a problem.
    • Triple Queen Suite

The room lock was a problem. The bed is making too much noise and not balanced. Electrical sockets are very few. Lamp not lit. We hv to take off the TV cord so the refrigerator can be used.

The rooms could use a lot of fixing up.
    • Standard Queen Room

The rooms could use a lot of fixing up. The room we got had several holes in the walls. You could see the light coming through the door which made it not feel safe. The remote for the tv didn't have batteries. Several lights didnt have light bulbs. And a part of the sink was falling off which looked unsafe to me.

Close to the airport
    • Standard Queen Room

The didn't answered my e-mail with question about shuttle. The toilett didn't work properly.

The place is very close to the airport. There is a shuttle to/from Tacoma airport. Room was quite OK if you take into consideration that it is a one-star motel. Staff was helpful however I didn't get an answer for my e-mails before the stay.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Close proximity to the airport and also to some good food.
    • Standard Queen Room

Rooms were not cleaned to best ability nor were there any commodities available in the room in terms of lotion, soap, shampoo.

Close proximity to the airport and also to some good food.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Don't stay here! In addition to my dislikes, building was next to a busy road, so very noisy.
    • Standard King Room

A run down old building in a business shared with a 24 hour airport parking facility. No facilities. Mattress was bad. Tub drain blocked & needed fixing.

Helpful Chambermaid

Optimally placed to catch the SoundLink to seattle downtown...
    • Standard Queen Room

Optimally placed to catch the SoundLink to seattle downtown (3min walk). FREE shuttle to airport 24/7. Serves the primär purpose - catch early fight - very good

Trash.
    • Standard Queen Room

Everything. Foul. Found stuff not clean and the smell was so bad.

Trash. Smelt like moldy fish and found maggot looking bugs in the towels. So if you like that kinda stuff this place is for you

Hotel was great.
    • Standard Queen Room

Asked for an extra blanket but was told they didn't have any and wasn't offered to get one when they had more.

Hotel was great. Merry my expectations for the price, above actually.

Close to the airport so that was good, front desk person was...
    • Standard Queen Room

there are gaps between the door and the door frame. We heard everytthing going on outside the room. We had a 6:00 am flight and did not sleep at all due to the noise. We cancelled our return stay and found our car had been damaged by another car.

Close to the airport so that was good, front desk person was nice and they have parking for the week we were away.

Location, 3 queen room, friendly staff, quick...
    • Triple Queen Suite

Sink didn’t drain, bathtub laughably small, exterior stairs dangerous, uncomfortable beds. I was bitten by some kind of bug in the night which caused my foot to swell up and blister.

Location, 3 queen room, friendly staff, quick check-in/check out

Not recommend
    • Standard Queen Room

I booked for queen bed but they give me twin bed and claimed that it is queen bed. The room is extremely small. The coffee pot in the reception is empty 24/7. When I asked for hot water, the reception will make you feel stupid

Nothing. This is the worst hotel I ever stayed in America.

Just a room
    • Standard Queen Room

Rooms old and show signs of wear. It was just a room. The shower curtain only covered half the shower and on 2 very small towels.

The shuttle and having a microwave

Good value for the money. I'd stay there again
    • Standard Queen Room

The internet was really weak. Couldn't get any at all on the laptop. The tv was really old with poor reception

They upgraded us after we were put in a dark tiny room behind the elevator shaft that was supposed to have a queen bed that was only a double. Our next room was excellent!

Good location to Seatac Airport and hotel provided shuttle

Very worn exterior and interior needed painting and refurbishment. Adequate at best

Good location to Seatac Airport and hotel provided shuttle Ok for a 1 night stay close to airport

A great value for the price.
    • Standard King Room

The TV reception is not the best.

We have used this hotel numerous times and always found the staff extremely friendly and go out of their way to be helpful. It is close to the airport and the shuttle always picks us up in a timely manor. We have always found it to be clean and the bed comfortable. We have noticed that they are slowly doing renovations and repairs and each time we stay notice improvements. It is not fancy but a good value for the price.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

I won't be back.
    • Standard Queen Room

The location, the huge gap in the door that allowed light in. The damage to the door of the room next to mine (conjoining) that looked like someone had taken a crowbar to it. I felt better after I put a chair against the conjoining room door, put my travel door alarm in the main door and cocked my personal carry weapon ...........I slept ok.

Location to airport and airport shuttle were great.
    • Triple Queen Suite

The room stank of cigarette smoke despite being a non smoking room! The motel is slowly being updated but the building is in desperate need of painting and repair. The area is a bit dodgy compared with just one kilometre up the road closer to the airport.

Location to airport and airport shuttle were great. Also great location to skytrain to downtown. For a family of four in one room it was the only option near Seattle airport.

Close to airport.

The bathroom was very small and the bathroom door was difficult to close, and it made a lot of nose when closing it. Also we could hear people walking around in the room or hallway above us.

The beds were comfortable and the AC worked well. The staff were very courteous and helpful.

We were only staying 2 nights, one the day we arrived and one the night we got back to the pier?
    • Standard King Room

The way the hotel looks from the outside. With just a coat of paint and a few more repairs on the inside it would be a nice place to stay. It's not in the best of neighborhoods.

We liked the fact that you are not too far from Pier 91 Also we apreciate that you have an airport shuttle, that was very much appreciated by us.

Never again.
    • Standard Queen Room

It’s awful. Looks like a homeless persons hostel. It smells. The fixtures and fittings are tatty, like they came from a skip, the carpet is frayed, the toilet smells. The outside space feels scary. There was badly cleaned up vomit outside reception. You would be hard pressed to find any hotel this bad in England so it was a shock.

Nothing. It’s a dump

An inexpensive overnight stay but in future will try for something better.
    • Standard Queen Room

Shabby, short darkened passageway to 4 or 5 rooms, including the room allocated.

Easily located and near Sea-Tac international airport. Limited food facilities in the immediate area - mainly pizza deliveries. Adjacent to railway station. Reception was good BUT there was considerable disappointment when allocated a room at the end of two dark passages without natural light. Bed was tired but spotlessly clean, as was the bathroom. Free, on-site parking, if required. Opposite gas station was excellent when topping up to return rental car. Air conditioning worked well in the heat. An inexpensive overnight stay but will try for something better in future. More advance homework on the Internet is required to find more suitable accommodation.

For someone looking to spend a night within easy access to the airport this is the place!

A bit stuff smelling.

Great location close to the airport and train station. Complimentary airport pickup which runs every 15-20 mins or so. Pleasant staff who were very helpful and accommodating.

We needed a place to stay and this one was available at a lower price
    • Standard King Room

We got a room with to queen beds instead of what we wanted (King) and room smelled like smoke even though it was a non smoking room....

Free shuttle, privacy

• Standard Queen Room

Old furniture, dirty bathroom. Shower did not work. We tried anythink but without success. I told about it at the reception but the receptionist made a note and the shower on the other night did not work too. I told about this situation with manager but without interest. I stay here for two nights. I DO NOT RECOMMEND STAY HERE!

Short and met out needs.
    • Standard Queen Room

Close to the airport. Good value for the price. I wasn't comfortable in the first room we were given but they cheerfully moved us to a better spot.

Nice facililty, older, but clean and comfortable
    • Standard Queen Room

It's a non-smoking facility, but my daughter said it smelled like cigarette smoke when we first entered the room.

The bed was comfortable. Loved the showerhead. The price was good.

Terrible !!
    • Standard Queen Room

They advertised a free breakfast on the website, there was no food at all. Two lifeless pillows on a dismal queen bed. The walls were paper thin, was up most of the night listening to people talk. A skateboarder was going back and forth in front of our room. No thank you !! Never again !!!

Close to airport.

Great hotel, friendly easy check in allowed us early check in no extra charge. IHOP just 2 minute wa

Bed comfy great size room for family of four! Free coffee in morning, super easy walk just across the street from light rail. Perfect for our one day stop in Seattle

NO SHAME. Keep looking.
    • Standard Queen Room

“Skid Row.” Was going to just sleep in my clothes but when neither TV nor WiFi worked I just went to airport and paid $350 to leave early. Wasn’t exactly cheap either at $111/nite. Could NOT bring myself to stay there. Do yourself a favor and keep looking .....

Really disappointed
    • Standard Queen Room

Dingy room - furniure old, carpet stained, bed had thin worn sheets. Door had been broken in at some stage and although it still locked, (barely), it was warped and lock was very weak and we could clearly see daylight from outside - staff unable or unwilling to change us to a new room. It was late and we were exhausted after transatlantic flight - we had no choice but to stay.

Yuck
    • Standard Queen Room

The place was filthy, loud, and smelled of a mix of stale cigarette smoke and chemical cleaners. I stayed here the night before my flight. I was also going to stay here the night upon my return, but I cancelled that.

Convenient for airport.
    • Standard Queen Room

No toiletries in room. Called reception and girl there couldn't have cared less.

Convenient for airport. Easy to reach via train to Angle Lake then 5 minute walk

Well, it's an old Motel but the room service is good.
    • Standard Queen Room

When I checked the employee at the counter said that my card was declined and blamed it on me in front of other waiting guests. She said she needs another card. I said she should try again but she wasn't willing to. In the end, we figured out that a typo was made on her side and my card was totally OK.

Well, it's an old Motel but the room service is good. The staff at the counter was

Not a welcome sight after a long day of travel.
    • Standard Queen Room

Facility was old and not well maintained. Difficult connecting to wifi. Walls were thin & could hear everything next door not to mention smell their smoke. Room was tiny. Bed was uncomfortable and creaked with every move. Pillows weren't any better. Noisy heat/ac.

Staff were pleasant.

Good location to the airport
    • Standard Queen Room

The property / room whilst clean is very shabby. There was no tea coffee nor breakfast despite advertised on website and in the room. It’s a fair walk to any restaurants although a supermarket across the main road sold coffee. The walls are very thin. I’m glad we didn’t have children with us on Sat Pm to have to explain the noise coming from the room next door!

The location was perfect. It is very close to the airport with an excellent pick up and drop off service. It is at the end of the line of the new Tram service straight to The centre of Seattle. Quick and Easy check in out with friendly staff.

The smell of the room carpet is not good. They just need vacuum not spray.
    • Standard Queen Room

They are not changing the sheets , they just make up the bed and use same sheets each day :(

Super close to the train station plus the free shuttle to the airport.

The room was clean and spacious, even though it had 3...
    • Triple Queen Suite

It was a bit noisy, but since it is right next to the train line (a nice perk for going into the city), it should be expected.

The room was clean and spacious, even though it had 3 queen-size beds in it. The shuttle was timely to take us to and from the airport.

Cheap Accommodations.
    • Standard Queen Room

Bathroom needs remodeling. However, it was clean.

Cheap Accommodations. No frills. Near rail transit to Seattle; .excellent. Room was clean. Staff was courteous.

Needs more attention to small details in room, particularly lighting.
    • Standard Queen Room

Poor lighting in bathroom & outside room, only 2 pillows for bed, broken towel bar in bathroom, paint missing on bottom of door, non-removable hangers.

Comfortable bed, quick check-in & checkout, convenient shuttle,

Place is a DUMP
    • Standard Queen Room

A/C in queen room we pd for didnt work. Moved us to a room w smaller bed. Sheets dirty. Bed w stains. TV is dated (mid 90s) w only 10 or so channels that come in w shotty reception. Front desk assoc didnt even get off her rear. Literally sat in her seat while we were asking for assistance. Offered no apology. Gave us this... 'oh well, deal with it" look. Even signed when I asked for a new room. Place really is a dump. For $20 more go up the road.

Absolutely NOTHING

A room at the Inn
    • Standard Queen Room

I don't care much for what free breakfast is considered anywhere. The wifi was odd, couldn't connect at all in the evening with any device, but everything was ok in the morning

Noisy and dirty
    • Standard King Room

Next to a noisy road. Room was dirty and the furniture worn out. When we arrived we had to go to reception to get a hair dryer and coffee maker. Being close to the airport there were also people coming and going from late night to early morning.

The receptionist was nice and seemed almost embarrassed by the standard.

Requested two queen bed room, opened the door to a room that...

Requested two queen bed room, opened the door to a room that had one queen that consumed all but a tiny walkway to the bathroom. Black mold on ceiling in bathroom, filthy room, furniture didn’t fit so was not lined up and looked like it had just been broken into because it was such a mess. Cheap hotel and still not worth the money. Turned right around and checked out. Could not recommend this place less.

Decided based on review, what a mistake...
    • Standard Queen Room

Had to change three different room before we could find a room that has clean bedsheet. Housekeeping never changed bedsheets (clearly notable) on 2 rooms. There were food particles in the microwave that caused odor.

None.

Will certainly stay here on my next trip to Seattle!
    • Standard Queen Room

It was pretty odd to not have any soap dish in the shower. I had to create a makeshift one with an upside-down ice bucket. Also, I was in a room that was "connected" to the next room by a shared door in the wall between us. I was not sure how secure my privacy was (or how secure my neighbors was for that matter). Although there was a deadbolt on my side of the shared door, the staff had also wedged an easy-chair under the doorknob, as if to prevent the next-door occupant from entering my room (or to dissuade me from vice-versa, or both).

The room was very clean; the bathroom was very clean; and the bed was very comfortable. The shower was very large, with a "modern" shower head; the hot water was plentiful with excellent water pressure. The microwave and fridge were very convenient. The T.V. and remote worked perfectly, and there were many channels to choose from.

Everything went ok except for the parking spot.
    • Triple Queen Suite

The parking space.. We went somewhere then when we arrived at around 11pm. It was hard to find a parking spot.You need to reserve a parking spot for your guess.

Honestly, I would not choose to stay here again, the pictures In the site were very deceiving

The place looks like it needs some exterior and interior renovations; the bed was comfortable however, it a bit sinking in the middle; I felt like I was doubting the freshness and cleanliness of the linens

The check in and check out staff were friendly. Very accessible to the train station

It was just okey, wish the staff are well prepared, and the unit is fully functional.
    • Triple Queen Suite

If the staff is well prepared with all the problem and issues that the room has, the bathroom light is not working, and maintenance not available to fix it that night when we check in.

Staff was friendly, but told me she is new and cannot tell me how to use the phone from the room to call front desk, I have to go down to the office several times with some issues.

Fairly good over all and wouldn't mind staying again.

The bed frame was poor. I'm bigger and it kept popping apart when I sat on the bed wrong. There are some repairs that are needed such as; the connecting door was broken, the toilet rocked from side to side, the bed frame was bad of course, and I personally think some spackle and paint on the whole building wouldnt go amiss.

The previous reviews made me scared of what I might find but I do have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the rooms and the courtesy of the staff.

Inside is what matters

The website said they had free breakfast and they do not. Door latch didnt close all the way. Looked scary from outside.

Staff was very nice. Inside room was updated. Shuttle driver was quick and courteous.

I m happy I chose them...
    • Standard Queen Room

Exterior. Building from out looks very old.

Don't read the other ratings... It's best value for money... The rooms are excellent... More than full value for money!!!

The location was perfect and the room was very clean.
    • Standard Queen Room

The location was perfect and the room was very clean. Although the price was very low, the room comes with a microwave a refrigerator an hair dryer and a boiler.

Stopped 2 nights and fine.
    • Standard Queen Room

Room very light at night with lights outside room but it something you have to used to as security is paramount.

Stopped 2 nights and fine. Good shower and hot water at all times. Coffee available with sachets and coffee maker in room. Less than 5 minutes to Link Rail and bus almost outside hotel. Good double bed. Lift.

Bathroom was clean and functional, and the room was quiet...
    • Standard Queen Room

Furniture was very shabby, and there was no smoke detector - just a spot on the ceiling where it was supposed to be. If I ever need to sleep between flights in Seattle again, I'll find somewhere else.

Bathroom was clean and functional, and the room was quiet enough, considering the window faced the elevator. Shuttle to airport is 24-hour, and the driver was very nice.

Very comfortable accommodations.
    • Standard Queen Room

Very comfortable accommodations. The staff was friendly and helpful. I had a problem with internet reception in the beginning but received ample help getting connected again. Even if you’re a solo traveler, it’s a perfect place to stay!

Rooms weren’t very clean on arrival & pubic hair...
    • Standard Queen Room

Rooms weren’t very clean on arrival & pubic hair everywhere and wasn’t cleaned up during our stay. Keep getting locked out our rooms as key cards didn’t work all the time. Shower pressure wasn’t great in our room. Very noisy esp with people in the room above banging & crashing about all night.

Happy with the price and happy with the stay.
    • Standard Queen Room

The receptionists are pretty indifferent, hand you the key and that's it. No close quality eating places so if you arriving a bit later suggest you have dinner first. Good to carry your own microwave friendly cup which I do as nothing to use with the microwave, why they bother providing one who knows.

Don't judge a book by it's cover, yes it's old but a fresh lick of paint outside would do wonders. Inside my room was just fine, maybe not pristine but clean and the bed linen was clean and I slept well. The two shuttle drivers were really nice, friendly and helpful and on time. Thanks guys, special mention for you. The quality fits the price and for my one night it was quite okay. I didn't see any drug dealing LOL.

It is reasonably close to the airport.
    • Standard Queen Room

The carpet looked quite dirty. Some carpet material was not fully attached. The wall near the door looked like it was hastily repaired after some breakin attempts. Some surfaces near the sink are apparently never cleaned - they were covered with unidentifiable black blobs which might have been insects or maybe just dirt, or insect feces.

It is reasonably close to the airport.

Disappointed in quality, downtrodden motel on its way out, but affordable and convenient location.

Poor cleanliness despite special request 2nd day.staff disinterested. Appliances in poor condition. Bed in poor condition, mattress good. Very noisy neighbors.

Location near light rail station Angle Lake station. Very convenient. Easy to find. Free parking.

It was an ok experience.
    • Standard Queen Room

The owner harassed me when I was in the parking lot when I was already booked to stay there for a week. He asked me for my personal information. I didn’t know who he was until he said he owns the place.

The value of the room and the location.

I guess because we booked at a cheap rate we got a cheap...
    • Standard Queen Room

I guess because we booked at a cheap rate we got a cheap view?? We couldn’t open curtains because the elevator was right there, so no privacy. The bed frame was broken. bed sunk into the middle. Not the comfiest on the back. The ice machine was broken the entire time and only the housekeeping staff were friendly.

Good for a few hours rest before an early flight.
    • Standard Queen Room

We know it was a bargain location and we knew what to expect. Just needed a few hours rest before an early flight.

The rooms were clean and wifi was good. Near IHOP. Long term parking available.

The water in the shower was boiling hot.
    • Standard Queen Room

The water in the shower was boiling hot. We tried to change it few times but unfortunately... no luck. I told about it at the checkout time but the receptionist didn't care. I wouldn't book this place again.

OK for a night near the airport, but I probably will choose a different motel next time.
    • Standard Queen Room

No breakfast offered. Furniture was shabby. Two days later I have several itchy bites. Not sure if I got them at this motel.

the bed was firm and comfortable. Check in was easy. Very clean. Convienient to the airport.

Comfortable bed and airport shuttle for overnight stay.

Nothing really.

We arrived in time to go to bed. Although this room was just the basics and the hotel old, the king bed was very comfortable which was exactly what we needed. We didn't need or want to pay for anything more. The shuttle to the airport in the morning was very convenient and saved us a lot of hassle.

Reassured
    • Standard Queen Room

My booking was dropped, so, I had to check in at the regular price. On my check out, Mr. & Mrs. Gandhi gave me the discounted price. I am very appreciative for their accommodation and their service.

The staff (owners-Mr. & Mrs. Gandhi) were so very helpful. Everything was clean and comfortable.

The staff both office and housekeeping staff was great.

The TV and channels could have been better. But ok

The staff both office and housekeeping staff was great. And they have shuttle service to the airport.

Great value but my room 247 should be closed for maintenance!
    • Standard Queen Room

The floor in my room needs to be replaced! The subfloor was roting and at one point it brook and I twisted my ankle badly!

The staff is always friendly and very accessible, prompt,and enthusiastic. They need to inspect all rooms for maintenance.

False advertising. False information given when phoned. Do not trust! Don't stay here!

I phoned ahead of time to confirm what the website said...that staying overnight for one night would allow me to park my car there free for the week after that. It was confirmed for me. When I arrived at the property I was told that because I booked the hotel online that I was not eligible for the free week, but that I now had to pay for it. I was not able to cancel my booking either. I was told that Booking.com would charge me. According to Booking.com, it is up to the property to decide what, if any, fees will be charged. The stay was NOT worth what I had to pay for it to park my car there. There are MUCH better options! I will NOT use Skyway Inn ever again.

The bed was comfortable. The room was clean.